Marvellous May 2023

This topic contains 252 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  MissyBear 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 251 through 255 (of 255 total)

• Day 31 Herefordshire UK NFD
    Apology for being absent these past few weeks, I didn’t plan things very well in being an active member by starting late in May and now OH has been on hols and and we have escaped now and then and enjoyed eating out. I haven’t gone nuts and am still at the weight I was, which is a huge positive! Joining Marvellous May has helped me focus and I managed an FD for the first time in well over a year, possibly two, so I am totally inspired to continue. Many thanks for welcoming me back. See you all in June.
    Ta x

Day 31 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD – 🚫🍷 8 Months AF! πŸ₯³οΈ

Up a kilo for the month! Looks like May wasn’t too marvellous in the weight-loss department for most of us, but there’s always another month around the corner. I really didn’t want to lose anymore weight anyway.

Great news re our never-ending drought; Nelson Mandela Bay just had its wettest May in 79 years! β˜”οΈ

@daffodil2010 – the meeting lasted 2 hours + 20 minutes, but it was actually quite serious, & anything but boring. Long story short – we have a frail- care section in the complex, with around 12 residents, I think. The people who run it are retiring at the end of June, & we had to vote on whether to keep it open or close it. We needed a minimum 80% quorum & a unanimous ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on whether to keep it open. A ‘no’ would have meant all the residents having to find alternative accommodation/care & several people being made unemployed. We also had to vote on a new frail-care provider & to spend a fortune on the centre being upgraded to comply with current legislation. So we voted to keep the centre going & after a collective huge sigh of relief everyone left happy – phew?!

@at – thanks so much for hosting πŸ’

@stitchincarol & @dingping – welcome back!

Happy Hump Day, & ‘see’ y’all in June Jumpstart… 🐫

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12136589/Woman-rose-230-pounds-shares-simple-lifestyle-changes-shed-nearly-90-pounds.html

Pocket List – Day 31 🍎
    @daffodil2010

Day 31 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. But almost down to 223. Today is a FD, and who knows, maybe tomorrow, too?

See you in June with hopefully some better news πŸ™‚

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 152.8

Well, it would be fun to say I lost 4 lbs in May…but that would require the belief that the ugly weight the first few days was my actual weight, not water/bulk weight. I was at 157 for the first four days of the month, then my first WF got me down to 153.4–and then I rebounded back up. So perhaps I did actually lose weight in May. In the end, it’s a moot point, because I’m nowhere near where I feel and look far better, but I will celebrate that I didn’t stay at that 157 and I didn’t go even higher…So, yes, it was a Marvelous May. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

@at We’ve missed your daily chatter this month, but I’m sure you’ve been having some lovely days and visits and adventures, and that is, after all, the whole point of 5:2, is to live our life well. Thanks for hosting for May!

@lilymartin Thanks for the mention of Atomic Habits; I have too many books waiting to be read already to buy it, but I’m reading a sample this morning, and it looks excellent–I may yet pick up a copy. Well, an e-copy, LOL!

@jaifaim I’m given FAR too much credit on this forum for doing a lot; it’s merely that I talk about it and the rest of you are busy doing it! Consider: I spent ten hours reading a book yesterday…that’s an indulgence, not lots of busy-ness, LOL!

@funshipfreddie What a lovely result of the meeting, that you all voted to put in the money necessary for the necessary improvements, and to keep the home for the frail-care residents.

We’d thought all the home improvement stuff was completed, but it turns out that the house is getting new gutters and that’s scheduled to happen today, either first thing in the day or last thing, depending on what order they do their jobs today. But it will apparently only take them about two hours, so I’ll finally get to go out and plant some annuals–my yard and I are craving some color! And before I can plant them, I must buy them, so that’s the big treat for today is to go buy my annuals. The afternoon’s job is to go down to the basement and put away all the stuff we’ve merely toted down there and left, as DD and her family will be sleeping in the bedroom down there and the mess in the room they walk through to get to the bedroom will not only be in the way, but will be way too temmpting for a 15month and 3.5 year old.

So what’s my eating plan for today? I’m astonished my weight is so decent after how well I ate/drank while in Indiana, and the only thing “restrained” about it was the lack of snacking. So I’m working on building up my RESOLVE to continue to stick to meals and avoid all snacking. At the moment (6:56am) I’m not in the least hungry, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be later. So I believe I’ll have eggs for lunch and some sauteed shrimp for dinner and fill in the rest of the menu around that basic plan. That should feel like something to look forward to that I’m able to resist snacking.

And there’s my plan for the day, and my conclusion to the month. See you all in June!

Day 31 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Quietly carrying on. See you all in June πŸ€—

Viewing 5 posts - 251 through 255 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply.