Marvellous May 2023

This topic contains 252 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  MissyBear 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 255 total)

• Day 12 Melbourne, Australia NFD

I’m trying to post more often as @stitchincarol suggests and try whether that will help me keep on track. Still not trying for a FD yet but to eat sensibly.

Had a great sleep last night after work on Wednesday night. Ready to face a day with not to too much eating. I’m planning on being relatively busy which helps me not think about food all the time.

Need to get going. Have a good day all.

Day 12 country west Australia NFD
    Yesterday’s FD was 800 not 500 as planned but had a small piece of salmon for dinner instead of the planned veggie soup. Not too worried though. Still eating healthily, well and LESS!!!!
    @funshipfreddie I weigh after a NFD because I like to know what my actual heavier weight is. Gives me more incentive to get the numbers down ! And down it is slowly ‘gramming’ !!!!!
    I agree it is VERY quiet on this thread at present. Where is everybody ??????
    HELLO !!!!!!! Is anybody out there ?????
    @daffodil2010, glad the fix went well and not too much of a problem.
    @merryapple I have the Ottolenghi’s yellow book and often make his recipes. Fabulous ! My 3 children all have his book/s and love them and use them a lot.
    @stitchincarol, wow! sounds like quite a day with the car/loaner/music!
    @northgeorgia, hope the scales stay low for you despite the meals out.
    @dingping hope the FD went well. I almost weakened yesterday as it was cold and I was hungry.
    I picked up my purse, my car keys and was headed out the door to go to the shops to get something to eat as I had a space between clients, then I thought of the pocket list.
    I stayed in my clinic and hey presto! Got through the afternoon and evening and swerved the damage.
    The pocket list and this forum works!!! Thanks everyone ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    I read an article this week but can’t remember where, that said intermittent fasting is good for many reasons and to date they have not found any downsides. So we re on th right track!
    Have a good day everyone.
    Off to check on a house we are having built on the coast – for possible retirement later.
    Covid hit the building industry hard here in WA. Initial incentives for the industry meant you couldn’t get buildesr for love nor money as they were SO busy and booked up for months/ years in advance.
    Then products went up and were hard to get, costs skyrocketed and now builders are going broke every week. Not ours …. yet !!!!
    But trying to get a house finished….. This is well over a year in and still not half finished. Off to see where it is actually up to.

Day 12 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Gloriously sunny morning, summer might be just on its way. I have waved off DH on his trip to the UK for the weekend, and once I finish work I have a lovely weekend to myself with not much to do except a spot of gardening and book reading.

After the craziness of the past few weeks if feels like bliss ahead of me.

@lilymartin hoping that house build is coming along for you

Have a great weekend everyone and hold tight!

Day 12 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Good FD yesterday, only about 550 cals, & 1.3 kg down this morning compared to yesterday morning! So that’s it – nor more weighing after a NFD

@lilymartin – I’m quite happy to delude myself that my weight after a FD is my ‘real’ weight ๐Ÿ˜… Well done on your RESOLVE yesterday! ๐Ÿ’ช When I’m struggling with hunger/temptation on a FD, I just try to remind myself that it WILL pass. Don’t fear the hunger gremlin. Look it in the eye, stare it down, & eventually it will admit defeat & skulk off to hide in a corner ๐Ÿ˜ˆ I hope you found some good progress on your house-build.

@daffodil2010 – sounds like just what the doctor ordered after your stressful week ๐Ÿ›€

@merryapple – ‘lost it’? I don’t think he ever had it to begin with ๐Ÿคฃ No politics ๐Ÿค

Looks like we’re in for a cool & wet weekend; which is great news. We need to get some water in our dams. Time to dig out the winter duvet.

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿน

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Not bad after all the meals out yesterday. Tried to behave, but did have a snack in between…but didn’t go crazy.

Anyway, now I’m running late (well, later than normal. What’s late when your work day the day before began at 7:15 am and ended at 9 pm?)

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 151.8

I lost the plot on yesterday’s WF. So odd how some days are quite easy and others simply fall apart. Oh well, total calories were still reasonably low, and I’m not wasting time on guilt.

@malee57 Let us know if daily posting helps any, okay?

Had a grand time practicing yesterday. Only had about an hour, so am headed back this morning for a two hour stretch, and then a zoom call with my three sisters, and then a relaxing afternoon (more organ practicing??) and then a choir rehearsal tonight. Life is busy, but it’s all fun stuff, so it’s good.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 12 Herefordshire UK NFD

Yippe brilliant fast yesterday, could have done with drinking more fluids but otherwise went well! First one in over a year, Iโ€™d got into a negative cycle and fasting was causing more problems than solving but hopefully over that now. Iโ€™m not likely to get another FD in this week, alterations with plans means itโ€™s going to be hard to do one and I donโ€™t want to put extra pressure on myself whilst Iโ€™m re training. Iโ€™m ok with it, Iโ€™m promising myself Iโ€™ll have a mindful eating approach and wonโ€™t splurge!

Many thanks @merryapple and @lilymartin.

@malee57 – it will happen when youโ€™re ready.

Have a great weekend everyone.

USA Day 12

It has been an incredibly busy month! I may not be posting right now but I am here and reading everyone’s posts. I will be back posting as soon as I can! Good luck everyone!

Day13 NFD NZ

Woke up this morning with no voice because I talked too much last night in a crowded room. DHโ€™s dealer gallery has moved from an elegant Victorian building that featured an ornate staircase into a recommissioned building, a 1960s concrete bunker with polished concrete floors and square pillars. There are three galleries on three floors with built in ceiling lighting strips which flush the walls with light (not hot spots from spot lights). Last night was the launch and it was so much fun to be gathered together with my art family. I also met up with Billyโ€™s art dealer from Melbourne and weโ€™re going to put together an exhibition scheduled for next year.
    We at last have some sunshine, itโ€™s cold 12* with clear skies.
    Time to get the bike out!
    @malee57 I know how tough that shift work is when trying to eat well. I did 50:50 day/night 12 hr shifts for years where many nurses ate instant noodles as a staple. I absolutely admire your effort and keeping in touch with the forum. So go you!!
    @dingping Good on you too making sure youโ€™re successful when you do your FD.
    @funshipfreddie I love being tucked in under the winter duvet.
    @lilymartin Good luck with the build. We had our alterations completed about 6 months before COVID hit but I still have an internal door to sort out and a few things to tidy up. The start is easy, itโ€™s the finishing thatโ€™s difficultโ€ฆ

Onward and downward and have a good weekend!

Day 13 Melbourne, Australia FD

I’ll be out of the house for a large part of today so I’m going to make today a FD. My sister is cooking tonight’s dinner, so I’ll have to have a word with her about no carbs for me.

Yesterday was going well until I started snacking on salty roasted chickpeas and found it hard to stop. Lots of salt so hopefully most of the weight gain noted this morning is water retention from the high salt late night snacking. I bought a box a very ripe persimmons yesterday and so ate a few as they are very yummy. I just looked up the calorie count and nearly fell off my chair. Today I will have to restrict myself to one persimmon.

Have a good day all.

Day 13 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Lots of lovely rain yesterday, & a mean-looking grey sky today, so more on the way. I think we need about a month of this though, to put an end to our drought. Every household in my municipality is being urged to use no more than 50 litres per person per day.

@dingping – well done!! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿฅ‡

@malee57 – go for it! Sending you RESOLVE for your Saturday FD ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽฏ

Michael Mosley’s weekly column. Time we ate insects?! Um, no, I think not.
    ๐Ÿ˜ฑ ๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿœ๐Ÿชณ
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12078993/Life-does-flash-eyes-die-Breakthrough-help-patients-waking-surgery.html

Wishing everyone a good weekend ๐ŸŒค๐ŸŒˆ

Pocket List – Day 13 ๐Ÿ„
    @malee57

Day 13 – UK – FD800

Can’t believe I have been absent for the past 10 days – such a poor host ๐Ÿซฃ Apologies to all and thank you to the regulars for keeping the challenge going ๐Ÿค—

I eventually went to see a private physio for my back, but by the appointment date it was much better, however she was very thorough in checking me out and has advised doing the following series 3 times a week – all are familiar to me through my Yoga and Pilates classes!
    *Cat-Cow, a gentle flow between two poses that warms the body and brings flexibility to the spine.
    *Lumbar mobility exercises to help with flexion, rotation, trunk rotation stretch, hamstring stretch, stretching glutes/piriformis, hip extension
    *Sidesteps with a band to work the hip, quads and calf muscles.
    *Gluteal stretching/strengthening exercises to relieve muscle tightness and tension, reduce low back pain or tightness in the hips, increase flexibility and range of motion, and reduce risk of injury.

Happy to report that I have no major issues with my back and she was impressed by my flexibility and leg strength!!!!! – the years of yoga/pilates have obviously paid off ๐Ÿ™ the pain all stems from my sciatica but she thinks doing the above stretches on a more regular basis should stop me having the painful episodes I have been experiencing ๐Ÿคž

Lots of visitors and so many social outings involving too much good food/wine that all my good intentions for this month has fallen by the wayside ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I checked my old posts and on Day 7 of the Amazing and Awesome Actionable ( AAA) April challenge I wrote “58kg/9st 2lbs/128lbs โ€“ that’s a loss of 3.6kg/8lbs from that high of 61.6kg on Ash Wednesday โ€“ the alcohol free Lent has rewarded me well ๐Ÿ’ƒ”
    Since then I have struggled once more and this morning I stepped on the scales for the first time since I finished my alcohol free Lent and I have to admit that I was not surprised to see that dreaded 61.6kg staring back at me once more ๐Ÿ™ˆ
    So as life quietens down a bit for now- I’m hauling myself back on the 5:2 wagon with a sharp stint of 7 x B2B FD800 starting today, then we have a meal out with friends planned for next Saturday so perhaps I will follow that by a shorter stint of 3 x B2B FD800 before another planned meal out – I need to find my MOJO…….

I have lost too many days of this challenge to reply to everyone but I have read all the posts to bring myself up to date….

@dingping – Welcome back – I remember you from past challenges in 2019!!! You are not alone to have lost your way – I’m struggling a bit too but hanging on by my fingernails…..๐Ÿคฃ
    @stitchincarol – great to read that your migraines are entirely gone, and the break-the-cycle medicine, nortriptylin, has you sleeping like a child ๐Ÿค—
    @quadpa – good news that the world class doctor thought visually he saw less to be worried about x
    @daffodil2010 – lovely to see you joining in for the challenge
    @lilymartin – good to read that you have recovered from that lingering tummy bug
    @maui – better a bit late joining than not coming back to the challenge x
    @excelsior12309 – I too have have been doing the cha-cha….One step forward, two steps back; two steps forward, one step back since I finished my alcohol free lent…..which had been so successful ๐Ÿ˜ข
    @funshipfreddie – the trauma of Boo Boo being accused of “catmicide”….๐Ÿคฃ
    @jaifaim – Hi lovely to have you back too x
    @stitchincarol and @ilymartin – I also agree that posting is good for accountability, motivation and helps me to eat less/ not eat etc when tempted…….so I’m pulling my big girl pants up and having an accountable week by posting daily – thank you both for that reminder x
    @ccco – lovely to hear that you keeping well – join in when you can
    @malee57 – I’m joining you for a Saturday FD today – WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER X

Pocket List โ€“ Day 13 ๐Ÿ„
    @malee57
    @at FD800

The sun is out and it’s another warm day so I’m going to get ready to meet friends for a coffee (definitely no cakes!!) then setting off for a lovely brisk solo walk ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

I am reminding myself once more that โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 13-No. VA USA-FD

I am enjoying reading everyone’s posts. I certainly understand the difficulty in getting really motivated and getting a “head of steam” to really power through when fasting seems difficult. But it is not an all or none phenomenon: if we can regularly eat under our TDE, we will gradually drop weight, I think.

@at, total sympathy for your lower back issues! I woke up this morning with lower back stiffness, and it is because I haven’t done the stretches and strengthening exercises my physical therapists showed me two years ago! When I am consistent, I am pain free. Then I get cocky and things get sore.
    Fast day today because of Mother’s Day taco lunch tomorrow!

Pocket list -Day 13
    @malee57
    @at FD800
    @excelsior12309

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Well, only went 220 once this week! And although up a pound over last Saturday, on average down a pound since last week. Not sure if tomorrow will be a FD or Monday due to Mother’s Day. Hoping we can eat out tonight to celebrate.

Day 14 NFD NZ

Had a great day yโ€™day. Macintosh and I rode around and visited three art galleries then I went to an interesting art lecture and Maori art exhibition called Colonial Road in a park. It was lovely to have the sun out and be out and about in fresh air after all the rain. Then I had an early dinner of a sausage and beans Mexican style. I had a meringue (no cream๐Ÿ˜ฉ) for dessert. I had left over egg whites so thought Iโ€™d better use them up. Iโ€™d forgotten how much sugar is in meringues so I wonโ€™t be making them again for a while. And to think I could have made an egg white omeletteโ€ฆ
    Welcome back @at. At least you were enjoying yourself!!
    @funshipfreddie I donโ€™t mind insect flour. Iโ€™ve had really nice crackers made from it. But eating an identifiable insect might be a bridge too far for me.

Onward and downward!

Day 14 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Happy Mother’s Day to all mums.

Yesterday’s FD went well. I did not count calories, but I did avoid all fruit as @funshipfreddie suggested. It was a big effort with very ripe very yummy persimmons sitting in front of me. I just kept telling myself that I can have them tomorrow. And tomorrow is now today so I will have one soon.

I can relate about recurrence of pain when you stop exercises @at and @excelsior12309. I went and saw a podiatrist about my PF and he sent me off for an ultrasound of the heels. I’ll see him again tomorrow. In the meantime, I am trying to get serious about stretches and exercises and have been doing anything suggested by anyone on the web. My foot is feeling slightly better, though I’m not sure whether that is the tail end of the anti-inflammatories I took.

I’m happy about yesterday’s FD but am taking it one day at a time before I feel like I am back on the wagon.

Day 14 country west Australia NFD 80.9 kgs
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there.
    And happy Sunday to all those who are not mothers. Hope you all have a good day.๐Ÿ’
    Determined to lose that pesky kilo before month’s end to get back in to the 70s.๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต
    @dingping, well done on a successful FD. That is a very good effort. ๐Ÿ‘
    @malee57 I think of you frequently and send mojo thoughts across the Nullarbor. Congratulations on the FD. ๐Ÿ‘ Yes it is one day at a time.
    @at and @excelsior12309, I really feel for you with your back pain.
    It is important for people to make their exercises part of their daily routine forever!
    Countless clients do the exercises, their pain goes, their movement improves and they gradually stop doing their exercises and lo and behold ! they end up back at the physio some months later !
    (A lot like doing 5:2 really !! I do 5:2 and actually fast , it works, I lose weight, feel healthier, I stop doing 5:2, the weight comes back, I feel unhealthier ….๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„)
    Another exercise I find quite relieving when my back is sore or tight is Child’s Pose which is relaxing and a good stretch BUT I would never presume to interfere with a clinician’s treatment program: ALWAYS be guided by your own therapist!!
    @malee57 there are some good taping techniques which might help relieve the PF pain. Does ice help your foot ? Rolling a frozen 600 ml bottle of water back and forward under your foot can be quite soothing for some people.
    @merryapple lucky you, the gallery sounds great. The Sydney art gallery is a great place to visit. They have just had the Archibald Prize , The Suileman and the Gwynne prizes for art there.
    I spend hours at that gallery when in Sydney when I can.
    I love Ken Done’s work. Do you know of him? His works are very bright and colourful and gorgeous. ๐Ÿ˜
    @funshipfreddie, I have been deluded about my weight quite long enough !!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    I need to be VERY strict with myself at present and I don’t mind as I am so RESOLVED to get rid of this unhealthy flab and to gain my health back.
    5 years of unhealthy eating patterns is quite long enough.
    I read an inspiring article this morning about someone who achieved their goal in another area of their life and they said that with most things they did they thought ” Is this behaviour taking me a step closer or a step further away from my goal?”
    So that is my mantra for the next little while.
    Have a wonderful day everybody, whatever you do today.๐Ÿ’

Day 14 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD – Happy Mothers Day ๐Ÿ’

Yesterday didn’t go too well. I managed only about 6400 steps, & then I lost the plot with the dark chocolate after dinner. Not an entire bar exactly, but it was close ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ Must do better with the exercise today. The FD will take care of itself.

The rain we’ve had for the last couple of days has been of almost biblical proportions. It’s due to stop later this morning, but then more rain from Wednesday. I just hope I don’t read in a couple of days, ‘wasn’t much rain in the catchment area’, which always seems to be the case here.

@merryapple – insect flour?! I never knew there was such a thing ๐Ÿ˜ณ You could hold a gun to my head & I still wouldn’t eat anything with the word ‘insect’ in it ๐Ÿ˜…

@malee57 – Well done on your Saturday FD! ๐Ÿฅ‡ Have you tried a calorie-counting app, like myfitnesspal? I know it’s a pain, but you can get used to it very quickly, & the database is amazing. They really do make it almost pain-free. And it’s free! I only reached my goal once I started tracking calories. Now I only do it on FDs, & it takes me just a couple of minutes.

@lilymartin – loving your determination. Your RESOLVE is contagious, & I’m sure you’ll get back to the 70’s this month. ๐ŸŽฏ

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Pocket List – Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie

Day 14 – 2nd Post

Pocket List โ€“ Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie
    @at FD800

Day 14 – UK – FD800

This morning I was rewarded with 60.6kg from Cruella after yesterday’s FD800 โ˜บ๏ธ so when I logged on here after my walk and saw that @funshipfreddie had added me to the pocket list today it certainly focused my mind to log in today’s food on MFP ensuring that I stay just below that 800 mark for a B2B FD800

Happy Mother’s Day for those celebrating – in the UK it was in early March!

Yesterday was a proper summer’s day here – definitely t-shirt weather โ˜€๏ธ enjoyed coffee sitting in the garden with 2 good friends then I went for a solo hike in the woods nearby and did not meet a soul there…..and best of all I managed to stay relatively cool – lots of birdsong, flowers and gorgeous smells from the bluebells that are abundant at the moment

Today not as warm and hazy – the sun has not managed to burn it’s way out of the clouds as yet but it meant that I could go for a longer hike and climb a bit higher, covering twice as much ground as yesterday and my legs are feeling it now…….

@malee57 – I too use MFP (the free app) to ensure I stay within my calorie count on FD – it’s so easy for those pesky calories to add up if you don’t keep an eye on them
    @lilymartin – I’m hoping that your RESOLVE is contagious too, as next month is my birthday (65) and I would love to be back in the 50’s for it

Pocket List โ€“ Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie
    @at FD800

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday ๐Ÿค—

Day 14 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Wow, down a few ounces since yesterday. We skipped lunch and I took my mother to her favorite restaurant, a all-you-can-eat Southern style seafood buffet about an hour away in a rural area of the state. We both overate, but it was so tasty!

Of course, it is now officially Mother’s Day, so unsure what the plans are for today. I don’t want to cook if my brother is thinking of something. It could possibly turn into a FD, but I have serious doubts about that! I’ll just ZBC it this morning and see what happens. Nothing wrong with a 2MAD or OMAD sort of NFD!

Have a great Sunday

Day 15 Melbourne, Australia CD

I’ve been for a swim this morning and have an appointment this afternoon to see a podiatrist about my foot. As I have a few things happening I will aim for today to be a CD. Not busy enough to be a FD, but enough to keep me out of the house for a large part of the day.

I can see that I will end up getting MFP to help on a FD. But it becomes tedious if I make a large pot of soup and then eat one bowl and freeze the rest. I counted calories in the past when I did 5:2 and I know it works. But! but! but! excuses! excuses! excuses! I feel like a 2-year-old stamping their feet and screaming “I don’t want to do it”. But I’m a big girl now and just need to do it.

Day15 FD NZ

Iโ€™m off to Wellington hopefully tomorrow but possibly the next day. The Mini is being serviced, Macintosh has had a winter haircut and now needs a wash. Iโ€™m covered in his white hairโ€ฆ
    Ate well yโ€™day – porridge then a tattie scone, bacon and beans for lunch and a big bowl of veg for dinner. However too big because today my weight is upโ€ฆ I put my old jeans on today which are so tight. Theyโ€™re a good reminder of the job in hand. But itโ€™s hard as we all know.
    @lilymartin Yes we all know Ken Done! He must be getting on a bit now. Iโ€™m looking forward to visiting the new Sydney Art Gallery at some stage. The building looks really interesting from a distance.

Pocket List
    Merry๐ŸŽ

Day 15 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

My wonderfully relaxing weekend turned out not to be, from Friday morning I had horrendous toothache, and could not get a dental appointment, so loaded up on paracetamol.

Then the results of an MRI on a lump on my poor 87 year old Dads bottom leg came in, and he has a HUGE multi ocular cyst behind his knee which has spread to the front of his leg. The MRI looked terrifying, like a small alien sac growing on his leg. So lots of worry about that. He has been referred for more MRI and to see an orthopaedic surgeon.

I was with him yesterday and although he had been in pain earlier, the pain had subsided and he was in better form. We were going to bring him to a private hospital for a quicker MRI (he doesn’t have health insurance and although he is in the public system it could take a few days before the next MRI available) but he wouldn’t let us. He has promised that if he doesn’t get appointments soon then he will reconsider.

So, although I didn’t eat a lot this weekend, I ate rubbish.

FD today. Will fast until lunch then a tuna salad, and maybe a small omelette for dinner. DH back from the UK later tonight.

Have a great Monday xxxx

Day 15 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Sunshine in Summerstrand at last! But it’s so cold, only 14ยฐC right now. I’m psyching myself up to get in the shower ๐Ÿฅถ๏ธ Had a good FD yesterday, stayed busy & got lots of small jobs done. I managed 7700 steps, which isn’t bad, considering I didn’t even step outside.

@malee57 – ๐Ÿ˜… yep, just do it! โœ… A little tedium never hurt anyone, & if it helps you to reach your goal..? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

@at – you’re on a mission with those FD800’s!

@daffodil2010 – oh, your poor dad?! Hoping he gets some positive feedback soon! And that your toothache’s gone away ๐Ÿค—

Anhedonia anyone? The article doesn’t mention alcohol consumption, but I’d bet anything the book does:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12082519/Ive-got-want-feel-blah.html

Pocket List – Day 15 ๐Ÿ‡
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010

Day 15 – UK – FD800

Aren’t scales weird….My weight just cannot have shifted this fast…..surely that weight on Day 13 was wrong……looking back it was most likely a false one and probably due to water retention from salty snacks and ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿท
    Day 13 – 61.6kg
    Day 14 – 60.6kg
    Day 15 – 60.2kg

Having said that it has certainly motivated me to carry on with my run of B2B FD800 so aiming for the 3rd one today ๐Ÿคž

Sun is out again but instead of going for a walk I think I need to spend some time in the garden instead as it is looking a bit wild out there ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฟ then my regular Monday afternoon meeting for coffee with the girls followed by an evening yoga class……keeping busy should keep me on target for today’s FD800

@lilymartin – thank you for your positive and motivating posts – please keep them coming ๐Ÿค—
    @malee57 – anything that helps us to keep our focus on FD is a useful tool – the free MFP works for a few of us
    @merryapple – I sympathise with the tight jean feeling – it’s what always get me back on the straight and narrow after some overindulgence ๐Ÿคฃ
    @daffodil2010 – hope your poor dad gets sorted out soon and that toothache doesn’t sound nice ๐Ÿคžyou can see a dentist today
    @funshipfreddie – thank you for the support and motivation – I read that article this morning too

Pocket List โ€“ Day 15 ๐Ÿ‡
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010

โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 15 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Figured… yesterday was obviously not a FD, and snacks and sweets trickled in all day in celebration of Mother’s Day. A lot of carb swelling! First time above 220 this month. Anyway, onwards…

@merry๐ŸŽ
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

Day 15 UK FD

Quick check in and on the list ๐Ÿ’ช

@merry๐ŸŽ
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle

USA. Day 15 WFD

Pocket List – Day 15

@merry๐ŸŽ
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

Day 15 Wales FD

Pocket List โ€“ Day 15

@merry๐ŸŽ
    @at FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco
    @missybear

Day 15 – Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

Hello all! Another super quick check inโ€ฆ things really busy here with family and other bits and piecesโ€ฆ Iโ€™m not quite back on track but I am getting to read posts and doing the best I can for the moment.

I will be back on tomorrow for a good reset for the second half of May.

I hope you are all ok and catch up then.

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 156.4

Ugly weight–and here I thought I’d eaten decently yesterday. (Not, of course, that I think I gain weight that fast, but I thought there was little enough food bulk in me that the weight would be down. Oh well.)

It’s crazy busy here. Church is being reroofed today, new windows go into the parsonage starting tomorrow (both of those assuming that there’s no rain, but since the entire state is under a severe drought, I certainly don’t wish away rain), DH’s car STILL isn’t fixed, so he’s still in a loaner but maybe will finally get to go get his 55 minutes away, DS26 is coming up today to practice trumpet for the hymn fest on Thursday, I have slacks to hem for him and practicing to do every day this week–and a member died and so we have a funeral, probably on Wednesday. She fell for no reason two weeks before Easter, and that led to the discovery of two brain tumors, and she has passed now, and it’s heartbreaking how fast it was. She was a lovely lady who made me look TALL–that’s short, LOL!

The weekend was consumed with similar activities plus the celebration of our 34th on Saturday and Mother’s Day yesterday, so I read very few of the posts over the weekend, and don’t have time now. I’m looking forward to Friday when the hymn fest will be in the books, and I can get back to normal busy-ness instead of the frantic pace this is. I can cope with busy just fine, but when it’s relentless as it has been recently, I begin to get overwhelmed. I’m living by my lists!

So I’m not even going to try to read any more posts until I have a moment. Today, I will eat less. Will it be close to a FD? Dunno, but it won’t be over 1500: that’s my pledge to myself.

Day16 NFD NZ

Down 500g after the FD. Itโ€™s cold this morning 11*. The Mini needed brakes, fan and something else so I havenโ€™t picked it up yet. Macintosh looks lovely and white and stylish. Shame about his Hoomanโ€ฆ Thatโ€™s the trouble with putting on weight. My interesting outfits start out at a size smallerโ€ฆ I am just 5kg down but the next 5kg makes all the difference. As I write this Iโ€™m thinking why donโ€™t I just focus and eat less and get on with itโ€ฆ

Hope everyone had a good fast day!
    Onward and downward!

Day 15 Melbourne, Australia NFD

I looked at MFP and decided against it as I would need yet another account with yet another password. I have got out my notebook and am writing down what I eat and looking up the calorie count. It is more work than MFP but will hopefully make me more aware of what I am eating.

@daffodil2010 poor you with such a horrendous toothache. And the worry about your dad is not good. Hopefully he can get an appointment for an MRI soon.

@stitchincarol I agree that busy is okay but frantic is not fun.

Rather cold and damp here this morning so it will be a day of indoor chores.

Have a good day all.

Day 15 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Thanks for your thoughts guys on the toothache, it has mysteriously vanished from whence it came!!! I was in the audience of a tv show last week and its famed for free gifts for “everyone in the audience” and two of the gifts were uv water flossers and a sonar toothbrush!!! I know!!

When I tried them, I could feel great sensitivity, and then the toothache started. So ha, maybe I am too old for sonic toothbrushes and fancy water flossers, back to good old toothbrush and floss ๐Ÿ˜„

So Dad has got his next MRI on Friday, so fingers crossed all goes well. I did try to get him into a private hospital but although they said he would be seen by the consultant they could not guarantee when he would get an MRI and he would have to go back to public healthcare anyway. They were very nice, I could easily have spent a fortune but they advised that as Dad is already being managed well by our public health system that it’s best he does not come in.

However they provided reassurance on the cyst so Dad happy enough to wIt, and it’s only a few days anyway. Getting into the public healthcare system is hard, but once you are in, it’s very good.

Ha ha all you Southern Hemisphere folks complaining of the cold at 14C and 11C…..that’s a fine day here in Ireland! Today forecast of highs of 16c and we are all delighted saying we deserve this fine weather ๐Ÿ˜†

Day 16 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@merryapple – ‘Hooman’ – I had to Google that, duh? ๐Ÿ˜… Very cold here too! 10ยฐ when I woke up, & it’s not even officially winter! Clear blue sky at least, and it’s supposed to reach 20 by lunchtime – @daffodil2010 ๐Ÿ˜œ – so perfect walking weather.

@malee57 – I have the MFP app on my phone. I’ve never been asked for a password, not since the first time I used it anyway. Even when you close the app, as long as you don’t log out it won’t ask you for a password.

I think Boo Boo & Popsie finally ‘met’ last night. I was reading in bed around 11 pm when I heard a hideous, blood-curdling racket. Luckily Boo Boo was locked in, but they must’ve spotted each other through the patio windows, & Boo Boo decided she would not have her territory encroached ๐Ÿˆ ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Halfway through Marvellous May already! ๐ŸŽฏ Have a great day everyone ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Day 16 UK NFD

Hi all , just lurking at the mo , trying to stay on plan โ˜€๏ธ

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Next FD will likely be on Thursday.

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 156.6

Crazy busy again today. It slows down abruptly on Friday, and I’m looking forward to a day I can choose how busy I am…or not!

Pocket List, Day 16 ๐Ÿฅ
    @stitchincarol WF

USA. Day 16. FD

Pocket List, Day 16 ๐Ÿฅ
    @stitchincarol WF
    @ccco

Stitchincarol, I understand being crazy busy. My whole spring seems to be that way. I think it is because I have finally returned to all my old activities since Covid started. I still get reminders of Covid, though. My son and his wife got Covid for Mother’s Day! ๐Ÿ™

Have a great day, everyone

Day 16 – UK – FD800

Weight this morning 59.9kg still heading downwards so definite encouragement to continue with B2B FD800 – today will be the 4th one…..

Out walking with my regular group this morning – more dogs than walkers today as we had 2 dogs belonging to a runner joining us – coffee and light lunch afterwards for some of us

Everyone seems to be super busy at the moment but at least we are keeping on with our healthy lives

@daffodil2010 – good to hear that the mysterious toothache settled as fast as it started – no more fancy tooth cleaning gear then ๐Ÿคฃ and even better news that not long for your Dad to wait for his MRI
    @funshipfreddie – good on Boo Boo protecting her territory ๐Ÿคฃ

HIP (high impact pilates) class at 1645 then a roasted mediterranean vegetable dinner should keep me on track for my FD800

Pocket List, Day 16 ๐Ÿฅ
    @stitchincarol – WFD
    @ccco
    @at – 4th FD800

โ€œThe distance between who I am and who I want to be is only separated by what I do!โ€

Day 17 country west Australia CD/ possible FD ??
    Day 16 NFD
    Day 15 NFD
    @at, yes it does sound as if we are all very busy ATM but good to keep on the health wagon. Good to hear your weight is going down.๐Ÿ’
    I had a whole day yesterday doing office work . ๐Ÿ™„ I so could NOT be an office worker. With my job I am on my feet the whole day.๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ
    Re Cruella : scales just go up and down for no apparent reason – just to do one’s head in !!!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    @Mallee57, I had never counted a single calorie before starting 5:2 in late 2016 and couldn’t really work out why I was putting on weight when we ate so healthily. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
    What a shock when I found out how much I was actually consuming !!!!๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ You most certainly can overeat even healthy foods !!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    So for a while I plugged in the numbers ( tedious and annoying ) but it worked.
    However we aren’t all the same , so whatever works for you works for you.
    Writing down every morsel you eat can be just as effective. I did that with a class I took in the UK aeons ago.
    The participants had to write down everything they ate for a week before we started the class in earnest. What an eye-opener!! A biscuit here, a few peanuts there, a glass of wine here…. all adds up.
    I am back on the MFP train ATM just to keep me on the straight and narrow.
    I had too many calories hiding in unexpected places and they used to leap out and jump in my mouth before I was even aware….. but not anymore!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I am trying to be very mindful of everything I eat at present because I simply HAVE to lose this weight. Clothes weren’t fitting, getting older, family history and that ONE photo…. time to arrest the decline !!
    @funshipfreddie we could do with some of your rain ! Dry as chips here. Can’t even start the cropping programme as there is insufficient moisture in the ground.
    Will read the article later ‘ when I have time…’๐Ÿ˜
    @daffodil2010, glad the toothache has gone.๐Ÿ˜Š
    It IS a Marvellous May everyone and I have OODLES of motivation and Mojo and whatever else people need to stay on the wagon. ( About 5 years worth ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜) So I am more than happy to pass it on as others did for me during the years when I didn’t have any…..
    Onward and downward.
    Is my behaviour today taking me a step closer or a step further away from my goal ?

Day 17 Melbourne, Australia FD

I have signed up for MFP so I’ll see how I go. A FD today which will hopefully be not too difficult. Same as for most of us it is the NFDs that are more problematic.

Day 17 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@at – you’re killing those FD800s! Love the quote ๐Ÿ–Š

@malee57 – I hope MFP helps you to reach your goal faster. ๐ŸŽฏ

Lots of running around to do today, & I still have a bit of painting to finish. I’ll be back on the Pocket List tomorrow.

Sending RESOLVE & wishing an easy one for the Hump Day fasters ๐Ÿซ

Pocket List – Day 17 ๐Ÿ“
    @lilymartin – CD/possible FD ??
    @malee57 – FD

Day 17 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Busy day today, people on leave in work so workload will increase. โ˜น๏ธ Tonight DH and I plan to do a big Tesco shop as we haven’t done one in weeks with all the running about after visitors etc. On Friday evening we are off in our camper van, heading south to West Cork for the weekend, so need to get supplies.

Weather really nice here. Chilly still in the morning at 3C and a slight grass frost, but the days have been warming up to 17C so it’s good. Loooong days now, bright around 5am until well after 10.30pm, followed by that twilight. Love it.

Have a happy hump day. See you on the FD pocket list tomorrow xx

Day 17 – UK – FD800

I managed to swerve that late night snack ๐Ÿ‰ last night whilst watching TV………so ๐Ÿ™ managed to keep to my 4th B2B FD800 – Rewarded with a weight this morning of 59.3kg so still continuing on that downward trend!

Busy day planned – regular yoga class (1.5hrs) – no coffee with the other yogis after for me as I have a manicure booked (so will swerve that obligatory cheese scone ๐Ÿคฃ) followed by an afternoon of volunteering so won’t be back home until around 4.30pm – this should keep me on track for a OMAD and my 5th B2B FD800 – planned food and drink entered in MFP already!

@funshipfreddie – thank you for the continuing support and motivation ๐Ÿค—
    @lilymartin – thank you for sharing your “OODLES of motivation and Mojo and whatever else people need to stay on the wagon”
    @malee57 – let us support each other for today’s FD – Together we can do this!

I saw this yesterday and it resonated with me so I thought I would share it
    * Eat a high-protein diet.
    * Avoid sugary drinks, sugar is the main source for the fats in your body.
    * Drink water a half hour before meals, this will reduce your food intake.
    * Eat your food slowly, it takes approximately 4 minutes for the stomach to send a signal to the brain that there is food in your stomach.
    * Get a good nightโ€™s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 17 ๐Ÿ“
    @lilymartin โ€“ CD/possible FD ??
    @malee57 โ€“ FD
    @at โ€“ FD800

“Eat for the BODY you want, not for the BODY you have.”

Day 17 – USA/GA – ?NFD?

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Going to do ZBC then play it by ear. Tomorrow is actually the better FD choice for me, but today is pretty busy, too. I do have a retirement reception late this afternoon, though… so, we’ll see.

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 152.8

Yesterday’s WF gave me a much lovelier number this morning, but now I’m trying to figure out today and tomorrow–I can’t do a WF tomorrow, if for no other reason than I’m hosting a party for the choir here at the house after the hymn fest. So perhaps minimal food today, and just a couple hard boiled eggs in the afternoon for the protein to give me the focus and strength I need for playing, and then whatever I choose at the party? We’ll see. The funeral is this morning, so I must be out the door shortly. I am SOOOO looking forward to Friday, LOL!

@at nice list you wrote out, and I love that quote.

This board is QUIET. Where is everyone?? Odd.

Day 17 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    159.1lbs

Hello all!

Iโ€™m so sorry Iโ€™ve been MIA so longโ€ฆ but.. @lilymartin thank you!!! Iโ€™ve caught that mojo and am applying it here.
    Holidays were just amazing! I felt good but overdid the food I hadnโ€™t been eating much of before holidays so surprise surprise Iโ€™m not feeling so great and need to get back on my little wagon and get back towards maintenance here I was for a day ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@malee57 MFP really works for me when I apply myselfโ€ฆ have to try to apply myself fromโ€ฆ nowโ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

@funshipfreddie like you I have a super busy day but thatโ€™s not a bad thing for focus.

@daffodil2010 lucky you off to Cork in the camper van๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ the weather looks good โ˜€๏ธ

@at enjoy your manicure! So nice to be pamperedโ€ฆ

Hi @stitchincarol and well done on a lovely sight in the scales ๐Ÿ˜Š

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

USA. Day 17. FD

Pocket List โ€“ Day 17 ๐Ÿ“
    @lilymartin โ€“ CD/possible FD ??
    @malee57 โ€“ FD
    @at โ€“ FD800
    @ccco

Fasting is going great! Now if only I can get over being dizzy!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply.