March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 909 total)

• Day 7. UK. F800

Good Morning

Wishing everyone a successful day.

Peace & Love 💗

Day 7 Belfast FD
    Feeling better today and building on yesterday’s abstinence with a normal FD.

Yes, as @daffodil says, @missybear and @at – we keep a cool house but I use a cool bag and towels to wrap mine and leave it overnight and it works very well. It’s not an exact science and the suits can vary in liquidity, but keep persevering!
    @EmmaTaylor – if you start with a beginners yoga, the class instructor will make sure you’re doing the exercises properly. That is really important. You’re active so don’t worry about making a fool of yourself. In any class at any level, there are things which are challenging. The important thing is to find an instructor with whom you feel comfortable.
    Good to see you back @flourbaby. A regret of mine was to never learn to ski. Now with a bad back back it will be an unrequited aspiration. 😏
    @gretta you had me salivating!
    Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @mirqclelou
    @bluesqueak F800
    @debster251

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 7, Melb Aust, CFD

Managed to stick exactly to my 1200 cals, which was pleasing.

Sorry if I’ve been confusing anyone with saying a CD is 1200 cals; maybe I should have been writing CFD? I was just going by the list on page 2(?) of this forum, by @snowflake56, and page 2 of February by @matpi, both of whom included the acronym CFD as being 1200 cals. Maybe a CD (controlled day) is different??

Whatever, for me (and @ann1239) at 154 cms, my final TDEE will be very low, so 1200 cals is only a few hundred cals below my aimed-for TDEE, so fits either acronym.

@miraclelou, glad the hot water is working. It was suggested somewhere in Dr M’s new book as helping with hunger pangs.

Going okay re food at the moment, but have been struggling with a bit of an emotional “downer” for the past couple of days. I get overly sensitive when that happens, but have been trying to shake it off. So far it hasn’t affected my eating, though a banana cream donut has been figuring in my imagination. I can almost taste it! Trying to stave that off till my NFD on Saturday.

Day 7, Glasgow FD

Quick update as in work. Having a good FD (500 cals) today so far, and if I stick to today’s plan I still have 122 left so can have a treat later on tonight.

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @mirqclelou
    @bluesqueak F800
    @debster251
    @debsk

Day 7 USA 🇺🇸 (Utah visiting) NFD

Not very controlled yesterday, but scale still kind this morning. DD’s very cognizant of my not wanting to overeat while I am here. Went to an excellent Bible Study with her yesterday morning where they are learning about the whole Bible in just about 8 weeks. Guess you might call it a survey class. Hope to get to Silver Sneakers later this morning.

Sounds like many are dealing with life and struggles — may we all get through things and succeed!

Onward and downward.

Day 7 Canton OH FD

This week has gone well ( hate to jinx myself) but I saw a number on the scale I haven’t seen in 4 months – very close to the top of may maintenance goal- and I am feeling quite accomplished 🙂 I also managed to get a cardio class in this morning so yay!

It appears that drinking aspartame sweetened flavored fizzy water was interfering with my goals, I have seen and felt a difference since I stopped that bad habit last week. Saboteur in disguise!

Welcome back @flourbaby, good to have you back. Your vacation sounded quite heavenly

I can’t find a pocket list and unfortunately I do not have time to create one. So onwards!

@snowflake56 Thank you !!!

@aglowworm – It wasn’t good yesterday Aglowworm. I was working hard yesterday and I need the energy. So it was in my TDEE range (1480) but higher than what I want (1200). So trying to fast today to 800. I am going to try the consecutive one. So today and tomorrow and possibly on Sunday.

@annemarilyn oh wow! That sounds so fun!! You make me want have a road trip again. My road trip started in DC and ended in California. We stopped in Ohio, Chicago, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, north and south California. The trip was exhausting but fun. I want to do it again before I die. LoL

@betsylee -thank you 🙂 I will try super hard to stay within 800. I hope it works today. This week has been crazy! I hope I get this work done so I can breath again.

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @miraclelou
    @bluesqueak F800
    @debster251
    @debsk
    @ann1239

Day 7 – USA – FD

@snowflake56 Thank you !!!

@aglowworm – It wasn’t good yesterday Aglowworm. I was working hard yesterday and I need the energy. So it was in my TDEE range (1480) but higher than what I want (1200). So trying to fast today to 800. I am going to try the consecutive one. So today and tomorrow and possibly on Sunday.

@annemarilyn oh wow! That sounds so fun!! You make me want have a road trip again. My road trip started in DC and ended in California. We stopped in Ohio, Chicago, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, north and south California. The trip was exhausting but fun. I want to do it again before I die. LoL

@betsylee -thank you 🙂 I will try super hard to stay within 800. I hope it works today. This week has been crazy! I hope I get this work done so I can breath again.

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @mirqclelou
    @bluesqueak F800
    @debster251
    @debsk
    @ann1239 (FD800)

Day 7 UK FD

Yesterday was a successful extra FD – stayed on black coffee, water & peppermint tea until after evening service. Broke fast with 3 wholegrain rice cakes then 1/2 baked sweet potato with soya mince, mushrooms & peas; frozen blackberries & blueberries gently nuked with cinnamon & grated frozen lemon… comfortably under 800. Can’t believe I managed to stop at 1/2 baked sweet potato – yay!

I’m feeling strangely thinner this month already & looking forward to tomorrow’s weekly weigh day. I weigh daily but record it once/week – helps me to be aware of variations without getting bogged down in them. Hoping this may be the month I lift off the plateau…. in the right direction!

Woke today feeling rough – as tho I’m coming down with yet another virus but beginning to think it’s one that reverts to being symptomatic the day after I’ve been out. Headache, sore throat, feeling strangly dizzy and delicate… bloodshot eyes, coldy and just want to sleep…. going to continue with gentle day and super early night.

Taking time today to prepare things at home, including batch-cooking a couple of vegan chillis for FDs for the next month. There are so many interesting recipes online, I’ve decided to combine a few 🙂 One will be kidney beans, aduki beans & red lentils; the other spicy roast sweet potato & parsnip, plus mushrooms. Also experimenting with raw cacao, yeast extract & black treacle for one and elderberry vinegar, muchroom ketchup and miso for the other to make distinct variations on a theme of chilli!

@bluesqueak wow! that’s an amazing loss – well done!
    @jaifaim thanks, I’d be really interested in your isotonic experiment. Sorry I forgot to add the keto pancake recipe to Tuesday’s post! I’ll add it below…

3 tblsp coconut flour
    3-5 eggs (recipe said 5 but they were distinctly eggy for crepes! Or No Egg for Vegan pancakes)
    pinch baking soda
    pinch salt
    c1 cup plant milk (depending on how many eggs you use)

Mix ingredients v well
    Put batter to rest in fridge for 20-60 mins
    Cook as usual – eg small scoop into hot pan, pour to make thin coat, flip over after c1 min, NB second side quicker to cook. Ready when lightly brown both sides. Delicious with lemon juice & sugar…

(I tried frying with scraping of butter and with dry non-stick pan. Dry pan actually worked better for crepes – tho less easy to gauge when it’s time to turn over. Another time I’d try with coconut oil but was trying to use up the last 15g butter before Lent!)

Hoping that the preparations of today will bear fruit over the next month – sleep, water, gentle mind, good food, space to rest, reflect and simply be…

Pocket List Day 7 – add yourself if you’re fasting

@daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @miraclelou
    @bluesqueak
    @missybear
    @judyjudes
    @debster251
    @debsk
    @basyjames
    @ann1239
    @michelinme

USA Day 7 FD800

Adding myself to pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @miraclelou
    @bluesqueak
    @missybear
    @judyjudes
    @debster251
    @debsk
    @basyjames
    @ann1239
    @michelinme
    @ccco FD800

Sorry for my lateness but I try to read all the posts before I post. That usually takes a bit of time!
    Seems like everyone has a plan for today! That’s great! My plan is to continue as I have been, although I seem to have stopped losing!! Ugh! Well, if it continues like this, adjustments will have to be made!

Stay strong, everyone! 🙂

Day 7: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD:
    Sorry for being a bit absent, I’ve felt so ill the last couple of days…sore, sore throat, ache all over, chills/sweats….really struggling at work (paracetomol keeps me going, two every 6 hours) suffocating at night because of my swollen throat/airways. I blame all the diseased people at work!
    The only upside is that, because it hurts to swallow, maybe I don’t eat quite so much!
    @gretta: Japan sounds so exotic from this part of the world. Glad you had such a memorable time, and are close to maintenance too..

Day 7 – USA – NFD

New low of 142.4 today; finally sampled my Bulgarian milk kefir…wasn’t as thick as I would have liked. I was hoping for a milkshake consistency, but I figured I’d try a cup and after tasting it, it seemed a tad too tangy for me, so I got crazy and put in 1-2 Sweet Drops Caramel flavoring, which did the trick. I have a few other flavors, and it will be a nice experiment to see which one wins out. Daylight savings time this week means an hour less of sleep and hopefully we will be doing away with it in my state soon…it’s in the works but not law yet. Just is not productive even for farmers and does not cause any particular savings as they said it would!

2nd post
    My fd went well! So tomorrow I’ll have my weekly weigh in – hopefully with a little success already 🙏
    I find this forum very helpful, thanks to everyone! ♥️

2nd post

Surprisingly easy this liquid fast day today. Just checking in now for accountability. Calorie count so far today less than 50. I might have a bedtime drink of hot milk with a pinch of nutmeg so that will add carbs etc to the mix, but still under 200 for the day.

I had organic chicken bouillon cube in work, half a cube was more than enough to make me feel satisfied at “lunchtime”, so I will be getting more of those for next week.

Finished day 8 of the 30DS, thanks so much @flourbaby for the tips…as I am a newbie I might stick to level 1 a bit longer so before heading to killer level 2.

Had a chat with DH and both of us are agreed no white carbs this weekend (garlic gratin potatoes, white spelt bread, crisps, crackers etc etc), and try to stop the EFS that has been going on every weekend.

Is that my mojo coming back? I think so!!!

Weigh in tomorrow, so like a lot of us weighing in tomorrow, best of good cheer!
    Talk to ya’ll early tomorrow

Day 07, GR, NFD

I’m away at the moment, having a nice holiday 🙂 . I’m sorry I haven’t posted for a while but its been a full on and very little time for online activities. I’ll catch up on all posts properly asap , I just skimmed through so far, for support 😊
    I only managed one FD so far but my NFDs have been surprisingly good 😮 . I’m starting to think that I eat out of boredom when I’m home 😐 . That must stop.
    Anyway, hope all of you are having a great week 🌼
    Stay strong, we can do this 💪

Day- 7- Atlanta, Ga. -USA

Hello all! Just checking in for today. Hope you all had a great day!

Day 7 Wales NFD

Hope everyone’s had a good day

Day 7 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Glad to see the scale nudging downward, getting rid of road tripping carbs 🙂

@Metataua – WA state is also looking at doing away with daylight saving time. Many of us would be sooo glad!

@shinything – enjoy your holiday! What does GR stand for?

@ann1239 – that was quite a few miles you put on as well. You started from the one Washington and I from the other 🙂 It’s a big country!

@michelinme – if you’re feeling thinner, maybe it’s time for some measuring. Love it when our composition changes even if the scales haven’t done much.

On the journey with some wonderful folks 🙂

Day 7 California NFD

Bad headache and bad leg cramp during and after my fast day yesterday. Not sure if it’s related but I survived.

Day 8 – Japan – WFD (Working on #18)

Looking at a calendar I should be on water fast #19. It is early and I don’t remember the one I skipped right now. (Or miscounted) Joys of aging!

@rafiki44 – I don’t know so much about the headache but leg cramps are a symptom of low potassium, calcium or magnesium. I think low potassium is the most common issue. There are all kinds of problems that can happen. Push nutrition on non-fasting days. Don’t waste calories on low nutritional processed food. One can eat a lot of whole plant based food for the same amount of calories and the whole foods provide a lot more nutrients.

In the 1970’s there was a huge push to get fats out of the food and most processed diet food is filled with processed sugars. While low calories per gram it is also very dense and void of nutrition. It has contributed greatly to the worldwide obesity crises.

Second Post

Much better than yesterday, because it wasn’t quite so frantic. Stuck to 800 calories, though I swapped one of my planned meals for a giant (but healthy, very healthy) plate of practically every type of salad veg in my fridge.

@annemarilyn
    Essentially, I’m not counting the FD800 as a Lent Observance, even though it is very appropriate to be fasting during Lent. I’ve given up coffee and bread, and I’m going to be trying to read some of the theology books on my list.

I’m allowing Sundays as a respite day, partly because – after being a bit conflicted about the validity of breaking Lent on Sunday and chatting about it in church this morning – I was tonight handed four gluten-free loaves. It was a bit weird. 🙂

2nd post

@dykask – yes I agree it is likely related to some deficiency but not sure what. I don’t eat a lot of processed food and my FD OMAD is always premixed kale salad no dressing with two hard boiled eggs, half an avocado, small amount of cheese, a sprinkling of seeds and dried cranberries and a smidgin if dark chocolate.
    Yesterday after eating I tried two magnesium pills which did nothing. This morning I tried calcium and my headache did go away but I’m not sure if that’s why. I though potassium was something you weren’t supposed to take supplements for but I’m not sure why. I’ve totally abandoned low fat as a WOL as it did me no good!

@ciren2 I hope you feel better soon. You must have a lot of stamina to keep working while sick especially given the physical nature of your job.

Day 8 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Just a quick check in. Off to a high tea soon, so will try and make good choices (had an awful sleep, so the tiredness will no doubt make the willpower hard to find), will do my best!

Happy international women’s day, and hope everyone has a great weekend!

Day 7, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Another busy day, another quick check in. Have to read posts later. 😊😊😊

Day 8, Germany, NFD
    Hey everybody! Just had my weekly weigh in (after my 2nd fd this week). Half a kilo down at least. I’m still a bit disappointed to be honest, because from my bodyfeeling it seemed more… Well, this makes my WEEKLY weigh in reasonable once more! I need a regular reality check because otherwise I become too lax around food. Today after my weigh in I could hardly wait to have my breakfast. Not a good sign… Yet I will stick with my three planned meals for the day. Tonight I’ll go out for dinner and a drink with a friend. I will have to be careful! Alcohol always makes it harder.
    Yesterday I read in the january update about Dr Moseleys new book fast 800. I ordered it immediately! Especially for getting new informations, inspiration and motivation!
    Onwards and downwards! 💪

Day 8 – Manchester – NFD

My posts are getting longer…. !! I hope everyone doesn’t mind, but I’m getting so much inspo from this forum.

The scales were kind again this morning and I’m guessing this is the effect of my B2B FDs, but I am not complaining. As a treat, I promised myself that when I got down to the weight I am today, I would go to Chill Factore in Manchester to go skiing! It’s an indoor, real snow slope and a bit expensive, which is why I’m using it as a treat. So I guess that I can book to go now. It’s exercise too, technically, so a good treat to give myself. I can’t wait!

I took advantage of a NFD yesterday, but I still feel that I restrained myself to a certain extent. The effect of fasting definitely has an influence on my choices on the days after. I went for a curry last night for my friend’s birthday. It was really nice and strange because I felt somewhat guilt-free. I know others have spoken about how odd that feels, but it really was weird! And I got full quickly. And I stopped when I got full. And I donated my leftovers to my OH without any of the feeling of missing out that I might normally feel. I’m pretty sure I was over my TDEE for the day – especially with the beer and wine (!), but I intend to have a relatively CD today.

I woke up early again this morning, before my alarm. This is the end of my most busy period at work – for the time-being at least. So off on another fieldwork visit with my students and looking forward to a quiet-ish weekend, relaxing and watching the rugby! What is everyone else up to this weekend?

@bluesqueak – 5 inches off your waist since mid-Feb is amazing and inspirational!! Well done! Have you been following the basic plan or doing something a bit different? As a newbie I am very interested, but mostly wanted to say congrats!

@flourbaby – I’m sorry to hear there wasn’t a load of snow, but it sounded like you got to experience skiing anyhow. We went to Austria in Jan and had the opposite situation. They had the most snow for over 40 years! The powder was incredible for me, but the hubby (who is basically a beginner) found it really hard work. I loved it! But it does create lots of avalanche risks unfortunately.

@betsylee – thanks for clarifying. Well done for sticking to your 1200 cals. I’m sorry to hear you’ve not been feeling great. I certainly understand that. Be kind to yourself and remember to give yourself credit for what you have achieved – imagine what someone else would say! And if you need to give yourself a break, then do! I hope you’re doing ok today.

@debsk – I love saving a few cals for a bit of a treat later on on a FD too 🙂

@basyjames – Well done! That’s amazing! Keep going!

@ann1239 – I”m sorry to hear you didn’t have a great day, but I’m sending you all the positive, strong energy for today. How did yesterday go?

@michelinme – it sounds like you’re doing great. Good luck with the weigh in today.

@ciren2 – sorry to hear you’re not feeling great. Get lots of rest and fluids. Look after yourself.

@miraclelou every bit lost counts, right??! Keep going. Even a small loss is a win.

Good luck for today everybody! 🙂

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Successful LFD, first one in 6 months, the milk and nutmeg at bedtime had me sleeping like a top and did not wake up until just before my alarm. Results! Couple of pounds down overnight but still plateau weight. Already completed Day 9 of the shred today.

This weekend we are celebrating our wedding anniversary but we have decided to stay in and cook (more control that way) but there will be champagne 🍾and wine.🍷🍷There is also rugby on this weekend but I will forego the obligatory Guinness 👍

@shinything I was wondering where you were. Good to hear from you. Are in Greece????

@metatauta I find that the first batch of Bulgarian kefir takes longer to get thick, but subsequent batches can be much thicker than milk shake after each ferment. I often go as far as great-great-great grandfather kefir before I use a new lot of granules. Reminds me, must get some more, it’s been a year!!!

@aglowworm, I always personally love the long chatty posts as I feel we are getting to know you, keep them coming. ☺️

@miraclelou…my scales showed a loss but I too feel like it should have been more, but keep on keeping on

Have a wonderful Friday my 5:2 friends 😀

Day 8, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone on international women’s day!

@bluesqueak over 5 inches smaller, you must be very pleased!
    @betsylee I have no idea where the 1200 cals on a CD came from, I’m sorry I mislead you.
    @basyjames always be proud of what you accomplished, you deserve it!
    @ann1239 I’ll be fasting tomorrow so we can do it together.
    @ciren2 and @michelinme hope you feel better today!
    @metatauta congratulations on a new low!
    @daffodil2010 every little loss counts, sounds like a good plan for the weekend, glad you have your mojo back. Happy wedding anniversary!
    @shinything are you in Greece? Enjoy your holiday!
    @rafiki44 too low on electrolites perhaps?
    @miraclelou I agree with @aglowworm, every bit lost counts!
    @aglowworm never apologize for a long lovely motivational post, I love them too! I think doing 5:2 changes the way you look at food and the effect it has on you. What a great idea to treat yourself, it’s well deserved!
    @at and @annemarilyn the facial (my skin is very irritated and itchy now, the best part was the massage) and the haircut (the hairdresser thought it would be a good idea to thin out my thick hair, it’s not) were interesting but I’m not going to repeat either of them. But doing it was a challenge and I did it so it was worth it. Now thinking about the next challenge I can set myself, going for a bike ride with my DH perhaps?

“Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.” Unknown

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 8 – Ireland – NFD

Great FD yesterday even though I had lunch out… the portion of the dish I ordered was really measly so a blessing in disguise 🤣

Weekly weigh in today and down 1lb since last week’s weigh in…. this is sooo slow I’m definitely a bobbing tortoise 🐢
    So not much change from last week but I’m feeling much better in myself and yesterday definitely felt the best I have in months…
    It’s not all about the weight I know (🙄) but I am so impressed by all those of you who have lost huge amounts of weight… and frustrated that it isn’t dropping off me with all the positive changes to diet etc..
    since i started this WOL i have stayed between the same 180 -168lbs range and would love for my range to get down to the lower to mid 160 lbs..

Hospital tests today and overnight stay (sleep clinic) so not sure what the food will be like… I’m sure I won’t be overeating 😂

Thanks @annemarilyn and @michelinme for posting the pancake recipes… I’ll try them over the weekend 👍

@bluesqueak that is done achievement in a couple of weeks!! Well done to you!

@ciren2 I hope you feel better soon! And @michelinme I suffer from the same recurring viral infections so thinking of you.

@flourbaby – great to you enjoyed your ski trip!! Nothing better then that crisp mountain air ❄️. As we have left it late this year we may not have great snow but it’s just great to get out on the mountain…seems like Slovakia worked well as a ski destination? Must try it someday.. we tend to stick to France with our ski group now but I’m always open to new places.

@snowflake56 that’s another great quote! Thanks for looking after us this month 💐

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 8 – Ireland – NFD – 2nd post

Sorry just had to repost… decided to step back on the scales after posting… and in the time it took me to write my post it appears that I lost a 1/2 lb…🤗
    Did the step off/step on/step off jig and it’s staying st that number… I’ll take it✔️
    Happy Friday!
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 8, London, UK, NFD,

I’m firmly pressing the reset button …………………. On Day 11!!! It’s my mums Birthday on Sunday and although I’ll try to stay controlled until the meal out & obligatory cake & wine, I don’t think I’ll be fasting properly until Monday, it’s a plan ………………. Well kind of!!!

@betsylee, don’t worry too much about the acronyms, as long as YOU know what day it is!!! Initially our host would fill out the spreadsheet and update us all at the end of the challenge, now we can access it ourselves it’s not too critical. Stick to the basics – FD -800cals or less; NFD – non-fast day, this should be to your TDEE, however sometime we go into dangerous territory and it becomes an EFS – Epic face stuffing day!!! Lastly -CD – controlled day, eating below your personal TDEE (all of our TDEE’s are different).

@daffodil2010, the bad habits just creep in un-noticed!!! The weekend treat, suddenly becomes standard and 1 glass becomes 2 and the cheese and crackers HAVE to be included!!! We really have to be vigilant with this WOL!!! I’m so glad your mojo has resurfaced too!!!

Off to Pilates, enjoy the weekend folks & stay controlled!!!

Day 8 Wales Planned feast day

Weird week this week, sugar cravings have come back like mad. Don’t know if it’s the night shifts or the fact I let myself have a high carb breakfast out with hubby Weds when I normally eat low carb on NFD.
    Today hubby and I are out with woofit for 10mile walking pub crawl so will have 2 course lunch and 4 drinks(as there are 4 pubs). This is our equivalent of date night as we work on opposite shifts to each other, a lot of the time. Tomorrow I will fast to make up for today.

@daffodil2010 Happy Wedding Anniversary !! I will be having the Guinness today, instead of with the rugby,lol

@jaifaim good luck with the tests and sleep clinic, well done on your loss x

Happy Friday Everyone. So glad I found this forum xx

Day 8 UK CD

Successful OMAD FD yesterday, and weekly weigh shows just over a lb down on last week’s weight….it’s the 3rd time I’ve hit 143.x & hoping it might stick! My fat suit is also shrinking – an enormous 0.5″ gone from my bust and hips, and a whole inch from my carbtastic tum. After the 6mth plateau it’s good to be seeing the progress in numbers as well as feeling it in my body 🙂

Yesterday’s cookfest has resulted in 2x1kg vegan chillis, now portioned & frozen for the next 8 FDs. They both look really filling and come out at c300 calories per generous 500g portion… hopefully that will keep me steady this month. Planning & preparation are so helpful to this WOL. Next practical project is making more magnesium cream this weekend, then experimenting with plant milk yogurt or kefir next week.

Despite viral exhaustion and some helpful decisions I didn’t get to bed until 10.30pm and another broken night bc virus. Going to prioritise better/earlier evening routine and sleep hygiene for a few days and see what happens. V early start tomorrow for monthly community gathering, then off for lunch & afternoon at an arts festival – such a treat, and looking forward to enjoying new ideas.

Must get on with project work…Not done v much at all this week and next week’s deadlines are looming very large indeed! Back later to catch up with posts x

Day 8, Melb Aust, TDEE

Today was meant to be a FD, but the lure of the banana cream donut proved too strong. Kept under my TDEE, though, so hope there won’t be much damage. Also feeling much better emotionally. Worked out I was fretting about my upcoming blood tests which I intended having next Tuesday, to see the doc. on Thursday – had them taken this morning instead, so no more concern. Can’t do anything about the results, find out on Thursday, but just DON’T want to start statin medication!!!

@michelinme, your FD evening meal sounded delicious! Hope you and @ciren2 are starting to feel better – sending you healthy vibes and prayers.

@aglowworm, thank you for your kind words; they were appreciated.

@snowflake56 & @flourbaby, I just got confused about CDs because I’m still a relative newbie at this WOL. But in reality for me personally, with my endpoint TDEE at around 1550 cals (or maybe lower?), a CD and 1200 cals are about the same.

@jaifaim, noted that you’re going to be at a sleep clinic overnight – presumably to test you for sleep apnoea? – if breakfast is anything like what I was offered last time I had a sleep test, it was cereal (cornflakes), a croissant, fruit juice and a cup of tea (or coffee) – the tea was the only thing I had, left the rest.

@rafiki44, re your leg cramps, do persevere with the magnesium. I used to get foot cramps regularly. I bought a high dose magnesium powder and would have some in my pre-evening meal water, and my cramps stopped after a few days (not immediately). It’s not a good idea to supplement with potassium unless you’ve been medically diagnosed with low potassium, as a potassium that goes too high can be life-threatening. If you’re concerned about potassium, a good natural source of potassium is bananas. Good luck with it, can be a bit trial and error. For most people I know who’ve had leg cramps, the problem has been magnesium.

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Day 8: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @betsylee, @jaifaim and others, thanks for your healing wishes. Much appreciated and still needed. The person who brought this lurgy into work rang in sick this morning. The boss then rang me at 6.50am (it’s my day off!) and asked me to work….I said I couldn’t! I have now passed it to my dear long-suffering husband….who has gone to bed! My throat is on FIRE!
    Sorry I’m not very present on the forum right now….hope you’re all doing well xx

Day 8 – USA – NFD

@daffodil2010, a question about subsequent batches of Bulgarian milk kefir: I followed instructions to freeze the rest of the granules in the packet, but once I finish the first batch, do I leave a little in the jar and add more granules? A little baffled about that and any suggestions would be helpful!

Day 8_ Atlanta, Ga- USA- NFD

Day 8, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Happy International Women’s Day! 💐

Qigong and Tai Chi practice, meeting a friend for coffee, walking the doggie.
    Having a big salad for lunch with eggs and cheese, blueberries and sour cream, and, of course, pistachios and almonds.
    Hot tea is my beverage on this wintery day. Yes, more snow 🌨 to come in a few hours. 😖😟😞

@ciren2 and anybody feeling not well: Sending you healing vibes and virtual hugs! 🤗🥀🌹

Have a good Friday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 8 Canton OH NFD

Still practicing TRE and finding my sweet spot with it. I typically stick to 4 hour feeding window on the week days and 8 hours on the weekends, it appears to be quite effective – we will see. I am also no longer restricting carbs in my diet – everything in moderation. It has been nice to eat apples again.

@michelinme and @ciren I hope you both feel better.

@metatuta congrats on the new low, and the kefir hack! 🙂

@miraclelou you already know this but worth the reminder; the scale does not tell the whole story. If you feel better than your scales report, there is usually a reason why.

@aglowworm you are such a force of positivity, please keep those posts coming

@snowflake56 thank you for the quote – attitude will determine altitude every time
    @michlinme yay for the shrinking suit!!!

Stay kind everyone (to yourself and to others), every journey begins with the first step and every step forward gets you closer to your goals; even the backward steps create learning opportunities – it all adds up.

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

2 good FDs and 5 careful NFDs this week and weight gain of last month has stubbornly refused to budge 🤨 oh well must keep on otherwise the only way is up.

@metatauta I’m also unsure about how to make subsequent batches of Bulgarian kefir, @daffodil2010 @debster251 @at all guidance is very much appreciated.

Had a day of mostly chores today so looking forward to going out with DH to the village pub for a couple of 🍷after a healthy dinner at home.

@ciren2 and @michelinme and anyone else feeling unwell….wishing you a speedy recovery 🤗

Have a happy and healthy weekend everyone 😊

2nd post
    Just had a light bulb moment….I’ve been drinking 100 calories worth of kefir everyday this week….so 700 extra calories. I need to cut back somewhere….perhaps the Greek yogurt, definitely not the 🍷!!!

DAY 8 – USA – FD800

Okay, so after so many trial and error, I think I have found the best method that works for me – the Fast 800. It is easy because I have come up with a weekly routine and do not have to think much about it. Plus, it gives me the energy to focus on the task at hand. For today, I only drank coffee for breakfast, and did not eat until lunch. This way I can benefit from the fasting as well. I have bought and prepared lunch (300-400 calories) for 3-4 days – grilled avocado chicken salad with pico de gallo and verde salsa. I will change the menu once I finished it. Dinner will be flexible, but keeping it around 800 calories. For my size, that would be 2800 calories less per week. I will put in some workout as well and hopefully I will be able to lose 1 lb per week. I am SUPER happy that I can finally find something that works for me.

@miraclelou – CONGRATULATION on your loss. I ordered the Fast 800 book too. I wish we have the electronic version but it is not out yet.

@aglowworm To me, you never have to apologize for the long post. I appreciate it and it keeps my motivation going. How kind is the scale to you this morning? My weigh in is not until Monday, but I doubt I am losing this week. I have been eating way over my TDEE for several days.

@bluesqueak – OMG! you lost 5 inches off your waist since only mid-FEB?? That is AMAZING! Please tell me your routine.

@snowflake56 YES!!! Thank you for hosting this thread. You do an amazing job at connecting and motivating everyone.

@jaifaim & @michelinme Congratulation on your loss. @jaifaim Perhaps you are near your healthy weight, so that is why the loss slows down? I have a long way to go, so if there is any significant drop, it is bc i have lots to lose.

@betsylee banana creme donut sounds so good. I am so glad we don’t have that flavor here otherwise I will go and get one. LoL

@ciren2 I dislike it when boss calls on day off. Hope you feel better

@basyjames – everything in moderation works for me too. At least for right now.

@annemarilyn – Road trip is fun!!!! I ate a lot on the road trip too. We tried to eat local food everywhere we went. There were a few days we at 4-5 times.

USA Day 8 FD800

Finally finished reading all the posts! I am forever in wonder when I read how many inches people lost. Even when I lose weight, I don’t seem to lose inches! Ugh! I really want the inches to come off more than the weight, so I congratulate all you inch losers! I did lose some weight this week but it seems like I am riding a roller coaster.

I didn’t see a pocket list, so I thought I would start one in case anyone wants to join me!

@ccco 800

Hope everyone is having a splendid day! 🙂

2nd Post

Pocket List

@ccco 800
    @ann1239 800

Day 8 second post

Just caught up on posts ahead of getting ready for tomorrow & early night… Amazingly DD just popped round and borrowed stuff for her birthday dinner at her new flat – chairs, wine glasses, cutlery, pots – and 1.5kg of my vegan chilli! She was about to make the VERY SAME recipe for some of her guests and ran out of time. Neither of us have ever made it before, so what are the chances of that??!

@basyjames great that you had a good week and are near the top of your maintenance range again – result!

@annemarilyn thank you – I measured today & have indeed lost a little from my fat suit 🙂 But think I’m also losing from spaces that I don’t measure, like across my ribcage. My shape is changing more than just BWH and I feel different – but in a good way! maybe it’s inner fat?!

@russetfox i always find that early/lunchtime carb leads to later sugar cravings… just saying!

@aglowworm dont’ worry about long posts, we love them! and they’re much easier to follow than lots of shorter posts

@daffodil2010 congrats on your LFD! and on progress with the 30day shred! thank you for the inspiration to revisit old food diaries…. I used to be much more mindful at counting calories daily so have gone back to that for a bit

@jaifaim congratulations on the 1.5lb loss!!! Good luck with the sleep study and hospital stay – hope it brings some helpful results x

@rafiki44 i’m with @betsylee on the magnesium oil … topical magnesium chloride/MO spray applied to the legs before bedtime is really well documented as aiding muscle cramps, spasm, restless legs & pain. Also, have you thought about dehydration? We usually get a lot of water from our food & our body needs to replace it when we fast. When i’ve had headache & leg/foot cramps on FD it’salmost always been associated with dehydration. I ususally drink 2-3litres now – inc water, herbal teas & hot vegemite but not coffee as diuretic

@metatauta congratulations on your new low! Delighted to be just behind you 🙂

@ciren2 hope you feel much better soon – and your poor OH x In case it’s helpful, Ginger tea has been wonderful for my throat. I’m just grating whole ginger root (unpeeled) into a cup of boiling water – tho currently drinking it by the 1litre flask! Amazing how it makes me feel soothed all over

@snowflake56 @missybear @basyjames thanks for get well wishes. Definitely better for resting yesterday and half day today… Hoping I’ll be well enough to go out tomorrow

must do evening chores, wash hair & get to bed early! x

Day 8 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Still working on my rhythm post travel. I ate too much on my NFD yesterday. My schedule changed and I didn’t preplan enough and keep mindful. Oh, today’s another day and working on making another FD; no meals today.

@bluesqueak – I think you said you were giving up coffee and bread for lent. It’s interesting to see what different people choose. I wish you well. You mentioned about some discussion about not fasting on Sundays during lent. I hadn’t heard that until this year when I did some online research on lent. That’s how they get the 40 days actually because if you count from Ash Wednesday until Easter Sunday it’s 46 days. So taking Sundays off equals the 40. Not sure for the rational though historically.

@rafiki44 – regarding electrolytes, I’ve seen Dr. Jason Fung, a real fasting proponent, recommend to keep up salt (eg. pink salt under the tongue or in water) and magnesium. Does not recommend potassium as it can be dangerous if supplemented incorrectly.

@daffodil2010 – perhaps you’re building more muscle with the shred exercise so scale may not be moving as much as you’d like. Still as you know, the scale isn’t telling the whole story. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your celebration with your hubby 🙂

@snowflake56 – I’m sorry your facial and haircut were not a successful experience for you. I know I have sensitive skin, so Rebekah, who does my facials knows that and makes different choices for my skin. It doesn’t sound like the person you went to, used the right products. Maybe you can find someone else; maybe get a recommendation from someone so you get someone better. Same for the haircut. I know with moving to another geographic area, I have tried 3 different people already for hair-cutting. I have naturally wavy hair; not everyone knows how to cut all types of hair. The last one I used was quite a bit better. I still drive almost 2 hours a few times a year to Rebekah because I love how she makes my skin feel. She has so many treatment options. I feel like I have a mini face-lift after being with her 🙂

@michelinme – congrats on both victories – on the scale and breaking the plateau, and NSV with the inches lost!

@ciren2 – may you feel better soon!

@redrockgirl302 – wow snow again! Quite the winter! As I went through Utah on my way home, There was snow even at the southern Zion National Park. Bryce had over 7 foot; over 4 feet they’d received the two weeks prior to my going through. Only a limited part of the park was open. Then as I drove through Idaho, I ended cutting a travel day short due to dense fog and large bands of snow systems. Visibility was basically zero. I traveled behind a semi when I could and when I saw an exit with a motel, I took it. So lovely to be in a warm, dry room. Next day I learned that more amazing amounts of snow had blanketed the area.

Pocket List Day 8:

@ccco 800
    @ann1239 800
    @annemarilyn

I better get some other things done! Enjoy the weekend forum friends!

Day 9 – Perth AUS – NFD
    Days 2-8 – WHO KNOWS! 😛

Haven’t been checking in, aaaaaaaand haven’t been fasting/doing Fast 800 or keto. Not going to step on the scales as they will probably tell me to get off. Checking back in and reading back through your posts, as I’ve well and truly fallen off the wagon. After reading back, my resolve has hardened and I have determined that today will be the last NFD for the month, and I *WILL* meet the target I set, I just have to go harder now that I have spent a week self-sabotaging.

Thanks one and all for continuing to post up, and apologies for the lack of contributions. What a difference this place makes to your weight loss!

Day 8 Belfast NFD

A quick catch up as YS and his girl are here for the weekend. The scales are all over the place ☹️ still sugar and alcohol free 👍

@metatauta and Missy Bear – I’ll dive in for @daffodil. Yes, take a couple of tablespoons from this batch and use it for the next one but you shouldn’t need to add any new granules. It’s not an exact science and factors such as temperature, quantity of milk and how much kefir you use can affect how thick it is. It also helps if, when you make a new batch, that the kefir is not too old. It becomes second nature after a couple of batches. Glad to help any time!

Night night one and all

Day 8 Glastonbury UK NFD

Now on a weekend away after a drive through roadworks, diversions and fog, and so not fasting, though I ate sensibly until a glass and a half of wine and some nibbles 🙂 Planning to restart Monday and meanwhile avoid white carbs as much as is compatible with a holiday – I stuck to the salted nuts for nibbles. I like nuts 🙂

@michelinme, @aglowworm, @snowflake56, @jaifaim, thank you! What I’ve done is the quick start of the fast 800, where you stick to 800 calories per day, every day. The Fast 800 recipes are Mediterranean Diet: veggies, fish, beans, olive and coconut oil – but almost no carbs.

I’ve stuck very strictly to either the recipes in the book, or the additional recipes in The Blood Sugar Diet book, which the Fast 800 is based on. I was already doing a fair amount of walking each day – between half and three quarters of an hour in total – and I’ve kept that up.

At the moment, it’s all my waist. No other measurements are changing; it’s like the fat is being drained out of my middle. The Blood Sugar Diet is for Type 2 diabetics and near-diabetics, and they need to lose exactly that fat – so my guess is that the diet is working as intended and my body is using that unhealthy visceral fat to make up the energy difference. And my waist is shrinking:)

@annemarilyn – the rationale is that Sunday’s are when we celebrate the resurrection, so we should be celebrating, not fasting.

@rafiki44 I echo everyone saying to persevere. Both when I had to take iron and when I had to take levothyroxine I was warned that it would be weeks before I’d start to see improvements.

Day 8 California NFD

Thanks to everyone for their magnesium recommendations. I was taking the supplements but went ahead and ordered the oil from Amazon to see how that works. It will be here tomorrow when I’m fasting so I will know soon!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.