March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 909 total)

• Pocket List Day 6

@chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800

Day 5 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Had a good 1st FD after the 3 weeks of travel and almost 6000 miles of road-tripping. I did get back on the scale this morning and I’m up about 8 lbs from my lowest earlier in February. I’m expecting that to go down quickly as I slip back into better habits.

Thank you for the welcome back! I’m on this journey for the long haul having started in the fall of 2016. I’ve taken about 50 lbs off and need some more off. As I do longer fasts, and eat pretty much low carb, I notice my composition is changing. Yes, things got a little more snug on the trip but even with a few better choices and 1 FD, I can feel things going in the right direction.

@jaifaim and a couple of others mentioned lent. I’m thinking of challenging myself with 40 meals in 40 days. That means, some days there would be 0 meals (only water etc), others 1 meal and some 2 meals in a day – for a total of 40. I saw someone else on another site had done it last year and was planning to do it this year. I thought I’d go for it as well. I plan on having some keto friendly pancakes this evening.

@debsk – sounds like you and your hubby are doing this together; that’s great!

@aglowworm – you’ve received some great input. So it sounds as though you’re doing a b2b – when a person does a FD 2 days in a row. This WOL is flexible; make it work for you.

Loving all the great support on this forum! @snowflake56, I appreciate your wonderful quotes!

Pocket List Day 6

@chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800
    @annemarilyn

Still day 5, Germany, fd, 2nd post
    Wow! I must admit that this was the first time since about a year (??) that I REALLY counted exact calories on my fd!!! And – it was an eye-opener 🙈🙈🙈😲
    I must have eaten much rather a couple of hundred cals more than I thought the last months – no wonder did I not lose but gain weight! It was really hard today and I still ended up with 600 cals. I had planed that so it was ok. Yet there were times during the day when I thought I couldn’t manage it any longer. It feels like back then in 2017 when I first started fasting with 5:2. Now, just before going to bed it feels very good though! I want to go on with this WOL and I really want to go back to doing it properly! Calories counting is not that bad after all…

USA Day 5 FD800
    Second Post

I couldn’t find the person who mentioned it, but I wish I could buy some keto friendly pancakes. There was a leto mix in my grocery store but when I decided I wanted them, they didn’t have that product anymore! Oh, well! I do love pancakes!

Today was a success! I am happy to say. Low carb has been working for me but this morning I woke up with the keto rash! Ugh! I will have to increase my carb level because I can’t live like this! It’s a pity because I read it is rare.

Hope everyone had a wonderful dY!

@ccco

Google ‘almond pancakes’ – you can replace almond flour with ground almonds or almond meal if no-one nearby stocks the flour.

Miss out the sugars and sweeteners, and use a Creme fraiche or thick yoghurt topping. Add berries.

When I was having ‘keto flu’ I used a breakfast of porridge oats (rolled or steel cut) because it’s pretty low calorie if you make it with water, and porridge is one of the good carbs.

Day 5 London UK FD800

Managed to stick to 800 despite Pancake Day by having low carb almond pancakes. 🙂

@borealis – yes, it surprised me quite a bit. I know we can’t store protein, but I hadn’t realised my body would be so sensitive to it. But now I know that if I’m unbearably hungry, the thing I need to reach for is some cheese or fish. Not carbs.

I’m trying out the recipe for coconut chicken curry tomorrow.

@annemarilyn – I’m keeping Lent as well. 40 meals only sounds like one pretty tough Lent observance – would you be doing water only on Fridays, or on different days?

USA DaY 5 FD80

Thank you, Bluespueak! That is a good idea for the pancakes. I will try it.

Still day 5 –

@ccco – I went to dietdoctor.com and put the question about keto rash into the search bar. They say one can get side effects as one transitions from a glucose burner to a fat burner. It usually is the worse from days 3-5. Here’s another comment from the article: “It’s not a good idea to focus on calories or macronutrients when you’re trying to become keto adapted. Letting yourself get hungry or stressing about the amount of food you’re eating may actually make keto flu symptoms worse. Once you’re steadily in ketosis, your appetite will likely go down, and you’ll naturally end up eating less.
    Eat as much of the allowed foods as needed until you are no longer hungry, and have carb-free snacks like hard-boiled eggs available in case hunger strikes between meals. On the other hand, make sure to avoid getting overly full by eating slowly and paying attention to hunger and fullness signals.”

Also, here’s a recipe from Keto Connect for some Low Carb Pancakes:

Ingredients:
    8 oz. cream cheese
    8 large eggs
    4 tablespoons grass-fed butter
    1/2 cup almond flour or keto protein powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Sugar-free maple syrup or choice of topping

Instructions:
    Set out butter and cream cheese so they are at room temperature.
    In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, butter and eggs.
    Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
    Add the almond flour to the wet ingredient mixture and mix until fully combined.
    Heat a skillet on medium heat, melt a small amount of butter prior to pouring in the batter.
    Take a 1/4 measuring cup, filling it about 80% full, then pour in the pancake batter and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

@ccco I made 1/2 the recipe the other day and froze the rest. After they cooled, I stacked them with a small piece of wax paper between them and slid them into a ziplock bag before popping them into the freezer.

@bluesqueak – when I first started 5:2, I wouldn’t have considered the 40 meals in 40 days challenge. Now I’ve done so many different fasts from the regular 5:2 500 calorie ones, to water fasts, to 2,3,4 and 5 day fasts. I don’t think it’ll be too bad. I’ve been building my fasting muscle :). If a person is just starting out, I probably wouldn’t recommend it. What are you hoping to do for lent?

Day 5 Ohio, US — FD(#62)
    Day 4 NFD

Yesterday I took a day trip to Michigan for my regular acupuncture treatment. I ate on the road most of the day, so probably ate over the TDEE. The FD today has gone well, but I definitely have been quite chilled this evening.

@annemarilyn Wow! That was quite a trip. Hope most of it was in warmer climes!

@chipmunk13 I see that Roxy Music is going to be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame on March 29. They are definitely vintage rock!

Hope everyone enjoys the dark of the moon!

Day 6 California. FD
    Day 5 NFD

Today was challenging but managed a 16:8 and again no sugar or chocolate

Pocket list day 6

@chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800
    @annemarilyn
    @rafiki44

Day 6 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Weighed in at 71.3kg this morning, so not as bad as I was expecting, and still some food in transit (it always takes a few days for my digestion to settle back down after lots of travel coupled with indulgent food), so hoping to be close to the maintenance range by the end of the month!

Managed a CD day yesterday, think it ended at about 1500cal (my TDEE is just under 2000 for my goal weight) and was low carb. So pretty happy with that effort to start the week.

FD today, had a cardio circuit this morning and netball tonight, so aiming for a 650cal FD – a little more than normal, but I always struggle on FD’s if I’ve done an energetic workout first thing.

@dykask you’re not alone! I often struggle on NFD’s, especially weekends. Its my absolute undoing.
    @aglowworm sounds like you have a good alternative! And the fact that you’re moderating other days rather than skipping the FD entirely is a massive positive, well done!
    @miraclelou great you zoned in on the reason for the slow losses, counting on FD’s I find really important (even low cal veg etc) – and knowing that I only have to do it two days a week makes it mentally very do-able.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Pocket list day 6
    @chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800
    @annemarilyn
    @rafiki44
    @gretta

Day 6,Germany, NFD
    Just got up and am about to go running now before having breakfast. This morning, DAFD, I don’t really feel hungry – great!
    In the afternoon there will be a challenge with cake though – hope that I can leave it out! Take care everybody!

Day 6 – Manchester – FD

@annemarilyn thanks! A 6000 mile road trip sounds amazing. I live to travel! Where did you go?

@gretta thanks for your input too. The scales didn’t move for me this morning – which I know isn’t uncommon and I just need to stick with it. I’m determined to stick with this WoL because the support and information here that is *does* work is so inspiring!

Pocket List Day 6 – I need this inspo for today – keep going everyone – we can do it!

@chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800
    @annemarilyn
    @rafiki44
    @gretta

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good FD yesterday, completed day 6 of shred, a couple of pound or so down from Monday’s carbtastic weigh in….but still on Mount Plateau.

I plan an NFD today but very controlled. I will up the protein today (hard boiled eggs, chicken, chick peas) as I woke at 2.30am this morning and lay awake with the hunger dragon calling me to the kitchen. Fell back asleep possibly an hour later, but tossed and turned.

I will not get into the middle of the night snacking habit, but have decided to have a couple of boiled eggs this morning to get rid of the hunger.

I am going to have to look back on old food journals to see what e a toy I was doing when I was managing to lose about a 1or 2 a week, and still have nice wine at the weekend. It’s getting frustrating.

Anyhow, have a nice Wednesday everyone. Good to have you back @annemarilyn ☺️

Day 6 – Ireland – FD

I have dinner out tonight but am going to try for a FD 800.. not sure how it will work as it’s Korean… seems like a lot of us are having curry this week 🍛 maybe there will be a nice low cal salad 🤔 that is the great thing about this WOL. I feel that if I commit to a FD at least if that one meal ruins the plan at least the rest of the day might go well… I’m struggling to nail down FDs this week as a number of catch ups/work lunches this week 🙃

Lent is here so will stick to my sweets, biscuits and alcohol and crisp free promise for the next 40 days🤞 (maybe with a break for alcohol for the ski trip) 🥂 🎿. I’ve been off alcohol since Jan 1 so I may not feel the desire to have a tipple… we’ll see.. there are no rules 😁

Pocket list for today:
    @chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800
    @annemarilyn
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @jaifaim

Good luck to everyone today 💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 6, Emden Germany, NFD

First day of Lent

I’m so glad so many of you answer and explain all the different questions asked here in a way I never would be able to express. I also learned a lot. Thank you all so much.

@hieiren how annoying, when will the waterline be repaired?
    @dingping we usualy work together very well, but on some days it just doesn’t. We then just stop and try it on another day. The ironwork is done by a company, the parts have to be removed, sandblasted, repaired and painted. The rhododendrons in the garden next to ours have also died but won’t be taken out as no one but us can see them. We have to put up a wooden fence, the wood will be delivered this afternoon. We want to put hedges in front of the fence to attract birds, bees and butterflies. This is going to take a while but we’re not in a hurry.
    @debsk my TDEE is 1340 cals. If I make good choices, it’s enough and I often fill up to TDEE with nuts or fruit as I don’t want to lose more weight. When I start eating sweets I often end up way over so I try to avoid them.
    @betsylee never apologize for a great post, you explained a lot of thing so well. Thanks.
    @michelinme Enjoy your DD’s birthday today and good luck on your vegan Lent, I really wouldn’t know how to do that.
    @borealis I know the feeling, I used to have most of my daily calories from sweets before I started this WOE. Why do you have chocolate in the house? I prefer to have few sweets in the house, if I don’t buy it, I can’t eat it.
    @basyjames well done on resisting the doughnut!
    @at this is becoming a month of trying to overcome fearful things! I made an appoitment for a haircut and a facial tomorrow.
    @ann1239 with all this great advice you got from everyone I’m sure you’ll get into a routine that works for you.
    @aglowworm the beauty of this WOL is that you can adjust planned days if needed. Try to make sensible choices.
    @chipmunk13 I’m sure the concert was great! Did they play old songs or also new ones?
    @annemarilyn that’s an interesting idea for Lent! I’m sure it will work for you, you’re so experienced in all kinds of fasting.
    @micraclelou how easy it is to underestimate the amount of calories, isn’t it. Enjoy your holiday!
    @bluesqeak what are your plans for Lent?
    @daffodil2010 I found an old journal from the start of 5:2 and am amazed how well I ate. I let it slip since though. Have to work on sweets control.
    @jaifaim Korean. Kimchi with steak perhaps?

“We can do anything we want if we stick to it long enough.” Helen Keller

Have a nice day everyone!
    @

Day 6, London, UK, FD

Well I’m back from my skiing trip, it was eventful, to say the least, my knees may NEVER be the same again!!!! Nor, my hips, buttocks, ribs or wrists!!!!

Anyway, it really was a great experience, the Slovakian food is everything we love to hate loving, cheesy carbs feature very heavily on every menu!!! Of course I indulged and washed the whole lot down with vast quantities of red wine!!!! Now I’m back and todays’ FD should help mitigate the damage (there hasn’t been one for a whole week – Yikes!!!). Yesterday was a planned FD that didn’t go to plan, somehow I managed to eat an entire large Aero mint bar, and promptly started (unexpectedly) my TOM today ……………. Lightbulb moment on why resisting the chocolate was hopeless!!!

I haven’t caught up on all the posts, but ‘Hello old friends’ & ‘Welcome newbies’ …………………………. ‘BEST………………… DECISION ……………………… EVER!!!’

Stay strong everyone!!

Day 6 Glasgow NFD

@annemarilyn, OH agreed to do it with me when I said I was going to start, and to be honest when I’m feeling like it may be a struggle to do a FD, with him doing it also, it doesn’t seem as bad.

@snowflake56, seems to be the night time snacking is bad on NFD or CD, when the kids are in bed and we go to watch something on TV, so need to get out of a very bad habbit.

Planning FD for tomorrow and as before, when I plan it doesn’t seem like dieting at all. I made some salsa last night to have as tonight’s treat and with 1/2 small wholemeal pitta to toast (instead of doritos) it is only 77 cals.

I’ll skip breakfast which I do anyway and have soup for lunch and fish for dinner in a tomato sauce with greens

Good luck to all that are having a FD today

Day 6- Atlanta, GA. – NFD

@annemarilyn I’m with you on the lent season fast. I’ve never actually committed to this in the past. But I too plan on the 40 meals for 40 day fast. Here’s to you all for sticking with this WOL. Have ag great day everyone!

Day 6, Melb Aust, FD800 (that ended as FD960!!)

Had an oops moment today – linked with @miraclelou‘s post – thought I “knew” the calorie count of an avocado, but later checked and found the calorie count I remembered was for only HALF an avocado, so I went over my 800 cals for today. Never mind, there’s always tomorrow. I’ll try to reduce my CD tomorrow to 1000 cals to make up. Blood test next Tuesday for cholesterol check, so these last few days are really important. And I’m managing at least 30 minutes of walking daily, so that should also help.

No time tonight (10:48 p.m. here) so will close off. Keep on the downward trail everyone!!! 🙂

Day 6 UK CD

Successful CD yesterday despite trying to eat up the last of the cheese & eggs before Lent. Delighted to sneak keto pancakes past my mother without her noticing! I’ll post the super simple recipe below – good things are worth sharing 🙂 Gave her the remaining eggs which just leaves half a pot of yogurt to give away to tomorrow’s visitor and I’ve a vegan kitchen for the next 40 days…

Today I’m back down to 65kg after carbtastic weekend – which feels amazing after pancakes! More importantly, my stomach seems to be suddenly flattening! …I don’t mean it’s flat but that it is suddenly, noticeably, less round…less like an upturned peach stuck onto my midriff and more like… half a peach?! I’m beginning to feel less puffy and more streamlined, less post-menopausal and more .. present?

I think it’s also to do with making good progress in my adapted yoga (now in year 6!) after a period of being stuck – literally and metaphorically! I’m beginning to feel slightly more balanced, slightly more as tho I inhabit my body – even the bits I can’t feel (nerve damage/lost proprioception). A Strange but good journey… funny how it’s all connected.

Still Definitely need to work on water consumption and sleep – v early early nights, rather than the ones that somehow slip to 10pm and later. Better routines for Lent, I hope – starting today?

Going to do some stretcing, meditation and a couple of hours project work, then off to meet DD for tea at National Gallery. Going to try fasting until then … or even see if i can get away with just a pot of peppermint tea. (She’s off for gourmet dinner so won’t be wanting a proper tea either 🙂

@flourbaby welcome back! Sounds like a wonderful ski trip 🙂
    @borealis hope you’re having a better day today

Onwards & downwards. Life is changed in the small daily decisions

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Home made kefir is lovely, thick and creamy with a slight fizz. Nearly gave up on it after 24 hours and it still looked like a bowl of milk but did some internet troubleshooting and it seems it just wasn’t warm enough in my kitchen even wrapped in towels. We don’t put the central heating on unless it’s freezing outside weather, prefer a cooler environment and just put on another jumper when cold….not warm enough for kefir fermentation! So I followed advice to put my bowl of ‘milk’ into a bowl of warm tap water and cover with towels and left for another 24 hours…..result is 😋 and my post antibiotics tummy upset is resolved. Now for my next March project….. I need to buy some tomato plug plants to nurture.

Day 6 – USA – FD (500)

@aglowworm It was me last week and on Monday. Something came up and I can only fast for one day last week. This week, it was my goal to fast 3 days, but Monday did not work out, so now it is 2 days. Crossing my fingers! I am in a very busy week of work and school, so I have to be able to focus too. I think I would aim for 600 today (since I ate wayyy over my TDEE over the weekend), and if that prevent me from focusing, I do the 800 calories instead like @chipmunk13 said.

@at , thank you. 🙂

@annemarilyn Did you go across country for your road trip? I also did a very long road trip so I am curious about your 🙂

@bluesqueak was the almond pancake as good as the real one?

@snowflake56 thank you!!!

Pocket list for today:
    @chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800
    @annemarilyn
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @jaifaim

USA Day 6 FD800

Thank you, AnneMarilyn, for the information. I printed your post out, especially for the pancake recipe! 🙂

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800
    @annemarilyn
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @jaifaim
    @ccco FD800

Michelinme: I had to laugh when you said you got the keto pancakes passed your mother without her noticing! I can’t tell you how many times I did that with my family, including my parents, and it always worked! LOL I just never told them what they were really eating!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day!

Day 6 Canton OF fast800

2 successful FD and today I will up my intake to 800 calories today. I am very inspired by all the posts on pancakes and I plan to have some keto pancakes for dinner this evening.

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@chipmunk13
    @aglowworm – FD800
    @annemarilyn
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @jaifaim
    @ccco FD800
    @basyjames FD800

@flourbaby – where did you go skiing? It sounds wonderful! I haven’t skied in Slovakia before – although me and the hubby have been to Bratislava. How was it?

@debsk – I feel your pain on the nighttime snacking! That’s a weakness for me too!

@ann1239 – How has your day gone so far today? I was going to aim for 800, but it looks like I’ll come in at about 600 today.

Update on my first B2B FDs: things are going well and much easier that I expected. My food is cooking in the oven as I type and I reckon I’m on for around 600 cals today. I really wasn’t sure I’d be able to do it, but I’ve felt great all day. Although, I have to admit, I am looking forward to a bit more of a foodie day tomorrow. All of this fasting will make that curry tomorrow night taste all the better, I’m sure!

Thanks so much for all your support. I hope you’re all doing well.

Day 6 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Did a good CD yesterday – only OMAD but that was farily fat/carb heavy. Flew out here from Chicago with lots of people coming to ski. Snow here has been fabulous. Raining in the valley today which means the mountains are getting more snow. The tourist industry of Salt Lake City is happy.

@flourbaby – I know how you mean your body can take a beating, especially when it’s a ski vacay where you need to make good use of all the days. I haven’t skied lately like I used to but I do hope to get in a day or two while I am here visiting daughter and her family.

DD’s new husband is helping us all learn about Catholic customs, etc., since we have always been very Protestant. So, guess we will be managing fish during Lent fairly often. I do like fish – glad for that.

Onward and downward.

Day 6 – Eastern WA USA – FD, day 1 of lent.

Sipping on some peppermint tea as I write. FD going okay.

@aglowworm & @ann1239 you both asked about the travel. I started from Spokane, WA and headed south, reaching Yuma,AZ in 2 1/2 days. I was trying to get out of the snow but it was all of WA, all of Idaho & 1/2 of Nevada before I got out of snow systems. The trip was quite spontaneous & developed as I went catching up with snowbirding cousins, and friends who live in southern parts in more of Arizona & Texas. I made a big loop, heading back to the northwest. Three highlights: 1) the Missions in San Antonio, 2) the Magnolias in Waco (Chip and Joanna Gaines of The Fixer Upper), and 3) The Palo Duro Canyon close to Amarillo (2nd in size after the Grand Canyon). I also enjoyed a couple of the National Parks in Utah.
    @ann1239 – to where did you roadtrip?

@snowflake- hooray for you going for a haircut & a facial!

@flourbaby – sounds like a good getaway. Boy the Areo mint bar would have been tough for me to resist. Growing up in Canada, it’s one of my favorites.

@therealwil78 – great you’re joining in on the 40 meals for 40 days. Today is day one and no meal for me today. I think I’ll keep track on the calendar & work around family events…

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 6 Belfast NFD

Yoga was put on hold this morning due to a tummy upset. However this led to an unexpected FD so I guess every cloud has a silver lining. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow.

Have a good evening

2nd post

Controlled day, now catching up on posts before an early night (due to last nights restless sleep because of hunger….very strange to feel hungry in the middle of the night). I have completed Day 7 of the shred, don’t see any changes yet but Inlive in hope.
    I have found my food journals for the past couple of years, will look back at them for bedtime reading and try to figure out HOW TO GET OFF THIS PLATEAU ☺️

Great to have you back @flourbaby
    Well done on getting the kefir right @missybear…..I wrap mine in towels then pop it into a foil lined bag to keep the temperature up, I believe @debster251 does the same? Sometimes it does take longer to ferment but stick at it because it really is good stuff.
    @annemarilyn your travels sound great, I am envious right now, this year our travelling plans are put on hold 😔

Good luck all you fasters…..I will be joining you all tomorrow

Hi. I need some advice about taking up yoga, or Pilates. I’m nearly 62, haven’t owned a car for about 20 years, so walk a lot, and swim a bit, and generally eat well, with fasting being a big part of my eating plan. But I’m creaky. Since I gave up work two years ago, I’ve felt progressively less bouncy. I’ve never done any yoga, and I’m not keen on being the worst in the class, but I guess I need to get over myself. Should I try YouTube yoga videos first, or what. Advice gratefully received.

Day 7 Wellington, NZ, NFD

Well some FDs don’t go as planned – surprising, I know 😂

OH came back from a fishing 🐟 and diving trip so crayfish made it to the dinner table. (You northern hemispherites will have to google New Zealand Rock Lobster to see what they look like). That wasn’t so bad, calories not too high, aside from the butter we slathered on it – oh and the wine 🍷 – lots – we drank with it.

I did go to yoga so that is one plan that I carried out.

I know I’m not alone in feelings of self-frustration 😡 when you don’t keep to your fast day. I find myself feeling grumpy because over the next several days there’s no chance of fasting. Curry with friends tonight – like everyone else on this forum I think! Then this weekend we are away for a wedding 💒 – yes another one – and there’s a pre-dinner on Friday night, the wedding day and then an after match breakfast on Sunday. We’re having dinner with friends on the way home on Sunday night, so Monday, Tuesday etc I’ll be in a food coma 😪.

Then I think how stupid I am to feel grumpy because I’ll behaving a lovely social time with friends and family – duh! Just gave myself a mental slap on the face.

And I should be able to get a couple of FDs in before next weekend when we’re off to a three day music 🎶 festival – with food 😂

@emmataylor I recommend finding a teacher who does beginner classes. Ask around for who others recommend. They will be better at helping you with positioning and alignment – starting by yourself with videos when you haven’t done anything like yoga before could lead to injury. Give yourself the best start.

Day 6 Wales NFD

Just quick check in, very tired today, at least I get to go to bed tonight x

USA Day 6 FD800

Another successful FD, so I had better see some good scale results on Friday! Hope everyone who was fasting had a good day, as well as those who were on a NFD or CD!

Days 5&6- Ohio NFD

When it rains it pours. Im checking in now and hoping that I can get a FD in on Saturday. Depends on pipes here. Looking to be a warm weekend. Woke yesterday to them being frozen and then I fell asleep because of lack of caffeine in night before the office was open to schedule a service visit and the oldest decided a nap was more important. But, I can do some dishes at work again! Water main work is finished and we can have drinking water. Woo hoo for that. Apparently they were doing work on the lines from the quarry to hook us all up to the main supply instead. It was funny because I misread the how long on no water and was trying to figure out how you knew my pipes at home were frozen, then remembered that. So silly of me.

I learned something yesterday, which is also fueling my maybe on Saturday and not saying I AM going to do one then, is that the less sleep and more upset (not even stressful) I am, the less I think clearly about food options. I had food set up and with everything I had happen went forget it, I’m hitting the vending machine and the cookies. I couldn’t see that there were options available still to not make a mess for food until halfway through work. But, after a few moments of guilt over that, I said it was ok and try again. March should go out gentle, right?

@flourbaby I love Aero mint bars. Best part is how they crackle when they melt in the mouth if they just sit there. One of my friends from Essex used to send me packages of them from time to time. Now I’m thinking English chocolate. Much better flavor than US chocolate, I think.

All right, good luck everyone and I am going to get ready for work.

Day 6 – UK – NFD

Busy day starting with a yoga class this morning, coffee with a friend afterwards and an afternoon of volunteering.

Back home to make a special dinner for OH – no special reason just because 💑 – two of his favourite food (mackerel and rhubarb) so I made a Black Garlic Marinated Mackerel fillets served with a red cabbage and carrot salad and a tomato, red onion, avocado and coriander salsa and a Rhubarb upside-down cake – I used a ginger honey as OH loves a strong ginger taste – if anyone is interested this is a link to the recipe
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/jan/13/rhubarb-recipes-dan-lepard

@aglowworm – I count anything 200cals or less than my TDEE as a CD – there is no specific calorie count set by MM for this
    @annemarilyn – What an amazing road trip!!! and you have done really well so far and I’m sure you will continue your journey with this WOL on a positive downward note!
    @miraclelou – I think most of us were surprised at how much we were eating before educating ourselves with portion sizes during our voyage on this WOE – I’m another one with a lowish TDEE to maintain my weight – around 1500cals (not as low as @snowflake56 I see) so it has to be used wisely if treats are to be allowed and I like a treat 🍷🥂🍰!!!!!
    @michelinme – hope your DD’s birthday today was enjoyed by all
    @flourbaby – welcome back bruises and all from the ⛷
    @missybear – my first batch of the new Bulgarian kefir was not a success – I’ll make a new batch tomorrow and follow your advice as I suspect my house is a bit cold for it – we like to keep a cool house too…….
    @snowflake56 – hope you enjoy the facial and the haircut and feel fabulous with lovely soft hydrated skin afterwards 🤩
    @emma-taylor – age is no barrier for taking up yoga, I started in my late fifties and was very lucky to find a beginner’s class with an amazing teacher and I have grown in my practice with her and fours years down the line I cannot imagine my life without yoga 🙏 the physical and mental benefits have been fab! I also would advise starting off with a teacher if possible – a good teacher is so much better than trying to learn all the basics from a youtube!
    @chipmunk13 – your meal of crayfish not forgetting the wine……..is making my mouth water – thank god I have closed that kitchen door…….

Right I’m off to brush my teeth then to bed – early aerobic class tomorrow morning then it’s my team’s turn to cook in our local Fareshare’s Kitchen so another busy day ahead!

Hope everyone is finding their rhythm with this WOL wishing you all a good night or good morning depending on where you are in our wonderful world.

I love this Winnie the Pooh quote, it applies very well to our WOL I think
    “RIVERS KNOW THIS: THERE IS NO HURRY. WE SHALL GET THERE SOMEDAY.”

Day 6, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Quick check in. Busy day. Will read posts later!

Hope everybody has/had a good Wednesday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 6. UK. F800

Hello All

Just quickly checking in. We’ve had a day at the coast and today’s successful f800 and due to circumstances was also OMAD. All in all a good positive day.

I intend to catch up on thread tomorrow.

Off to bed now.

Peace & Love

Day 6 Ohio, US — NFD

An okay NFD. I ate over the TDEE, but not much, and since I’m alternating FD-NFD, the downward progress should be on track. Here’s something I’ve been wondering about: For about a month now on NFD’s in the late afternoon I get intensely hungry (really, the hunger is out of sight) and need a big meal right then. I essentially eat my supper at that time and am able to eat less for the rest of day to compensate and keep close to the TDEE. I’ve done web searches about this, but while there’s a lot about hunger pains on FD’s there’s just about nothing on intense hunger on NFD’s. Does anybody here know, or has experience with, this?

@at and @miraclelou I’m also working through the process of re-educating my eating on NFD’s. In this regard I’m reminded of something I once read about portion control: “If you want to eat like a longshoreman, you’ve got to work like one too.”

@hieiren Yeah, the Midwest has been having a prolonged cold snap. Having pipes freeze and not having water is not fun to cope with. During a bad ice storm here a few years ago, the town was without electricity and water for more than a week. Fortunately my school had gas generators and opened the gym for people to sleep in. That kind of stress can really fry all good intentions. But that’s only temporary — you’ll be back on track once spring gets here. With apologies to GOT, summer is coming!

Day 7 – Manchester – NFD

A very early check in for me because I couldn’t sleep. I’m not sure why. My hubby was very restless in bed, so I’m not sure if it was him that woke me up or my belly making rumbling noises. I didn’t feel hungry – but there were definitely some noises going on. I used to suffer from insomnia, but have had it much better under control recently and can normally get back to sleep. But I felt wide awake – and was quite happy about it – so after lying there for a while and trying my breathing and meditation, I decided it wasn’t going to happen and got up. I feel fine, but I hope I don’t get too tired later on. Has anyone else experienced this? As I say, it could have nothing to do with fasting and everything to do with a restless OH!

Anyway day 2 of B2B fasts yesterday went really well. I finished on 600 cals and was happy with myself for doing it. So back on my NFD today. Out for a curry later which I’m so looking forward to and feeling guilt-free about given that I’ve done my 2 FDs already.

I got on the scales and was very happy with what I saw. It said I was down 6lbs from when I started on 20 Feb!!! Obviously I’ve just had 2 FDs, so that will fluctuate up a bit too, but I’m having a very quiet celebration about this!! 🙂

Now I just need to focus on what I eat on my NFDs. I’m with you @matpi, @at and @miraclelou – that’s the real sticking point for me. I need to fully re-educate myself and train my brain!

I hope everyone has productive days!

@annemarilyn – that sounds like a wonderful trip! I love being spontaneous and adapting things as you go along. Fun! And the sights you visited sound amazing.

@chipmunk13 – sorry to hear your FD didn’t go quite as planned. I bet those fresh crayfish were amazing though. And the butter. And the wine! Haha! I’m looking forward to a few glasses of wine this evening for sure! It’s so funny that we’re all having curry this week. I hope you enjoy yours. And I know it must be frustrating, but the things you’ve got coming up sound so much fun. Whose wedding is it? And the music festival sounds great too. I can’t wait for festival season to be here in England. Not too long to go now…

@hieiren – I hope you get the pipes sorted soon. It’s such a pain not having water. I am exactly the same when I’m stressed or tired, my good choices and willpower go out of the window! I wasn’t able to get much sleep last night, so I hope today isn’t too bad.

@at – that’s good to know about the CD. Thanks! I love the sound of black garlic marinated mackerel – yum!

Day 7 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Kitchen closed last night at just under 600cal (and a win at netball!) so pretty chuffed.

It’s proving very testing to get back off sugar after all the indulgences in Tokyo (tried the soufflé pankaes in Tokyo – they smelled of meringue, and tasted of clouds with cream and berries on top, amazing!), so struggling to fend off the sugar cravings, but i’m determined, and have stayed strong so far.

Have a morning tea and a high tea for international women’s day tomorrow, the latter is being host by NAWIC (national association for women in construction) and the speaker looks amazing, so hopefully will kick off the weekend feeling inspired! And will do my best to stay sugar free (or at least, sugar low…)

@chipmunk13 totally feel your pain. Just keep at it, after fasting for 18 months, I find that if I aim for progress, not perfection it strikes the balance that my social calendar accepts (even if it slows the weight loss). I’d rather go to a party and drink some wine than lose the extra 200g… but that’s just me!
    @flourbaby sounds like you had a great ski trip! My body was feeling rather sore after the ski trip in Japan, so definitely feel your pain!
    @at I love an impromptu date night, sounds lovely
    Have to run so don’t have time to respond to everyone, but loving all the advice that’s flying around – especially the keto pancakes, might have to give them a go myself!

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

And it’s going to be a liquid only FD, my first one in absolutely months. Probably since last August! Chicken broth ready for tonight, and bringing an oxo cube and a chicken bouillon cube to work to sip on for salt, plus there will be my usual assortment of herbal teas, 3 Litres water……I WILL do this.

Looking back on my old food journals was a revelation. I used to do at least one LFD a week and it really helped shift pounds, often up to 3lbs overnight. My food intake has not much changed during the week, but then again, I have stopped counting calories so maybe I am (as Jillian Michaels….my new frenemy says, “phoning it in” and am in fact consuming more than I think).

So new leaf. LFD today, mindful weekend, back to 4:3 from next Monday with at least one being an LFD. Oh, and COUNT every calorie. Keep on it.

Oh yes, half an inch suddenly gone from waist although weight stays same. I am on Day 7 of the shred….not sure how long I continue on Level 1 though…@Flourbaby, @beedoo…..can you advise please?

Pocket list day 7- Together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010

Day 7, Emden Germany, NFD

@flourbaby welcome back from your wonderful skiing trip!
    @debster251 I hope you feel better today.
    @debsk and @aglowworm we used to have the same problem while watching movies. We used to have the bags of chips/crisps or sweets nearby and could finish the whole bag. We now put the amount we plan to eat in a small bowl, when it’s empty it’s empty and we found out we don’t need more.
    @at love the quote.
    @hieiren not having water in the house must be worse than having no water at work. I hope the weather warms up soon. Most of us know the problem of stress eating, the problem is, eating calms you down.
    @at and @annemarilyn let’s see how it goes, it just makes me nervous.

“Little by little, one travels far.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 7 – Ireland – FD

Lovely meal and catch up last night – stayed off the wine although was very tempted to have a glass of red 🍷. had a lovely beef dish with kimchi – thanks for that suggestion @snowflake56! Unfortunately more of a CD though so I am planning a FD again today – but have a lunch date with a retired colleague so will look for the best option 🙃

@michelinme could you please pop up your keto pancake recipe? Id love to try that out? Also I wanted to tell you that I have been taking an isotonic ampoule (the brand I’ve used is Quinton) each morning for the past month and definitely find an improvement with my morning wake ups and also my skin…they are not cheap so won’t stay in them for too long but hopefully they will help to rebalance my body 🤞 I will take these skiing also as I often suffer at altitude so I’m hoping these will help.. I will let you know 👍

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 7, Germany, FD (with counting kcals 😂😂😂)
    After my successfully counted fd on tuesday I am very motivated to do well again today. I know I can go throuhgh that even if it is soooo hard sometimes! I will stick to my counted 500 kcals + I guess 100 kcals for my beloved health drink (home made kombucha mixed with ginger-lemon-honey sirup and lots of sparkling water 😋)
    Thank you again to @betsylee for reminding me of the hot water thing! the drinking of hot water really helped me the last days. Feels really good, cleaning, healthy!
    @matpi I know this bad hunger in the afternoon!! Maybe you too could try to drink lots of hot water. And I read that you are having a FD every other day! Perhaps your body needs a break? Maybe a week with basic 5:2 might help to relax? I remember times when I tried to pack in more fds in a week and I didn’t lose more weight but just felt very weak!! But of course it might be totally ok for you, just wanted to share my experience on that with you.
    Sending strength and love to everyone!! 💪♥️
    Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @miraclelou

Day 7 London UK FD800

Just a quick check-in. Yesterday was exhausting, started at 8:30 am and finished 10.30pm. I’m amazed I managed to stick to 800 – all the pre prepared meals, I think.

Down to 170.8 lbs and waist 32.25 in. Checking the tracker, I realised I’ve lost over 5 inches from my waist since mid-Feb. (10 cm).

Will catch up on thread later.

Day 7, London, UK, CD

Thanks for the welcome back guys, I feel like a returning warrior, bruised & battered & all conquering – although the slopes say otherwise!!!

I’ll aim to stay controlled today since fasting is proving tricky, I’m tired from the skiing anyway & TOM and it all adds up to very low willpower!

@aglowworm, we were in the High Tatras mountains, a lovely part of the world but surprisingly lacking in SNOW!!!! On our 2nd day it was +8 degrees!!!

@songbirdme, it was my 1st time and the fear took over at one point, since I tore my ACL 15 years ago, I try not to put it under undue pressure ………………….. completely the opposite of skiing!!!

@annemarilyn, I didn’t even try to resist!!! Once the urge was in my head, I knew I wasn’t leaving the shop without one!!!!

@daffodil2010, well done on the 30DS, level 2 is a bit brutal, you’ll beg to go back to level 1, I’ll be giving it a miss for the foreseeable future since my knees are struggling just with stairs!!!! In theory, you’re supposed to do 10 days on each level, but after your 2nd or 3rd round you’ll find level 1 a breeze and move to level (killer) 2 earlier & stay on it a bit longer!!

@hieiren, you’re absolutely right, we’re burdened with having great tasting chocolate in Europe in general, there’s something slightly over-sweet in chocolate from across the pond, maybe the dairy content(?) ……………………. Not that that stops me sampling it!!!!

@at, I really don’t need that recipe, just the invitation to dinner!!!!!! Two of my favourites too!!!

@gretta, I was going to ask for more info on the soufflé pancakes, but I really, don’t need to know, your description was enough!!! I DON’T need that image in my head!!!!!

@bluesqueak, well done on the waist whittling, I need to tighten up that danger zone!!!

Anyway, back to work with the help of a double espresso!!!!
    Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 7 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Wonderful atmosphere of motivation here this month 😊

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @miraclelou
    @missybear

Keep on keeping on everyone 🌻

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.