March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 909 total)

• Oops!

Forgot to add that I’m also trying to eat in a 12 hour period, so I go 12 hours without eating. That’s supposed to help – a mini liquid fast.

Day 8 – USA – NFD

Second post – @rafiki44, I took someone’s suggestion and ordered “Ancient Flakes” from Amazon…you mix 1/2 cup of the flakes in with hot or boiled water (directions on package, I forget exact) and put in a dark spray bottle. I keep the homemade spray on my night table and the package will last forever! When I have leg cramps, I just spray on the soles of my feet and voila! No more leg cramps!

Day 9 – Japan – NFD

@rafiki44 – I personally avoid supplements. I have had to take them twice in my life, once in the for of an injection from a doctor after a surgical wound wouldn’t stop bleeding. (Vitamin K) The other time I started a multi-vitamin when my tongue discolored. However I stopped after that cleared up and talked with my doctor.

Mostly supplements are a waste of money in my view. You can’t be sure what you are really getting and a lot of vitamins and minerals require the correct conditions to be really absorbed and used by the body. The flip side too much of some things can be dangerous.

However when we get our nutrition through food, there is seldom issues with getting too much or lack of effective absorption. Our bodies are meant to process food and most supplements aren’t really food at all.

Leg clamps often are caused by too little potassium. You can get the potassium you need from green leafy vegetables, but you probably have to eat like 7 cups of them a day. However potassium shows up in things like coffee, bananas and nuts too.

The oil might be good I don’t know. My experience has been is it takes weeks of careful mindful eating for nutrition for everything to balance out. In fact while I often eat vegan meals I’m not a vegan and likewise I often have a low carb meal but I really don’t like a pure low carb approach. Part of the reason is I really like hard cheeses which don’t fit in well with either approach and part of the reason is nutrition. On both extremes there are nutritional issues, different issues but over months to years it becomes a problem.

I also sweat a lot when I work out and I try to workout hard several times a week. I’m likely much more sensitive to electrolytes because of that.

Day 8 Ohio, US — FD(#63)
    Day 7 — NFD

The NFD yesterday was probably a CFD — but it’s difficult to tell. Wednesday I got a vaccination and that night a reaction set in with a low grade fever (3 F), an all-body ache, and nausea. I was in bed all day Thursday and most of today. Yesterday I only ate when I felt I could handle the food, and then only very lightly. Things are returning back to normal, but I seem to fatigue easily.

@miraclelou Thanks for the tips about the NFD hunger. My every day beverage is plain hot water, and I sip a lot of it. But I may have been pushing the FD’s too hard. Part of my motivation for doing so was MM’s chapter in his new book about the importance of rapid weight loss. Taking things a little easier might be a good strategy now.

While I was in bed today I did a little web surfing and came across some material on counting bites as a method of portion control. This idea is new to me. Has anyone tried this? How has it worked? It seems like it could be a useful tool to keep to the TDEE, especially when travelling or when you eat with friends and family.

Day 9 Herefordshire UK FD

Apology for not being around here very much, probably because I’ve been super greedy these last few days, I’ve been wilfully ignoring my rational brain and gone with ‘there’s tomorrow’. Well finally and thankfully tomorrow has arrived and I’m in need of a good FD! With you @snowflake56 (good job by the way) if you’re fasting and any other Saturday fasters.
    Happy Saturday everyone.
    Ta x

Day 9, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

having my cat sleeping on my lap in front of my laptop makes it difficult to write so I’ll come back later to respond to posts. Just want to start today’s pocket list for motivation and put everyone I found with FD’s on the spreadsheet on it. I hope you don’t mind.

@dingping we all derail at times, but you’re back and determined to fast today. Of course I’m with you today!

Pocket list day 9

@dingping
    @snowflake56
    @ann1239 FD800
    @borealis FD800
    @ccco FD800
    @rafiki44
    @russetfox

Bye for now

Enjoy your wekend everyone!

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quickly checking in as have to go off and get my driving licence renewed (we only get a 10 year licence here 😡) and my appointment is at 10.30.

I had a look at myself in the mirror in the bathroom and I think I saw the start of an ab!!!! Never!! Me with abs!! The 30DS is starting to work. I also looked a lot looser in a striped Breton top I was wearing yesterday, horizontal stripes can be unforgiving but looked good yesterday 💃

Thanks @debster251 for the kefir assistance. That’s what I do too.

Got to go. Trying to decide what to cook for our anniversary meal tonight, but I know that champagne 🍾 And red wine 🍷 Will be part of the plan. 🍽

Day 9, London, UK, NFD

Another NFD, planning to be mindful, although I have ½ bottle of my favourite Malbec to work through!!!

@daffodil2010, my licence runs out on my 70th Birthday, it’s a stupid system which allows for dangerous drivers to be on the road from 17 to 70 without any updating or checking or reassessment of driving skills!!! The 30DS works sooooo quickly, particularly on the waist, congrats!!! Happy anniversary by the way, have a fantastic & indulgent wine fuelled meal!!!

Well, it’s a quick check-in, 2 weeks worth of housework to be done because of the ski trip!

Have a mindful weekend folks!!!

Day 9 Wales FD

@snowflake56 thanks for adding me to the pocket list 🙂

@flourbaby and @daffodil2010 may I ask what the 30DS is, as I currently have an under stuffed pillow for a waist.

Had our meal and 4 drinks yesterday but nothing else all day, which is good for me as I would normally use a “cheat day” as I used to call it to gorge myself on everything.
    Hopefully means a small change in my mindset since starting 5:2.

Chaos will reign here shortly as hubby taking our daughter out for her first driving lesson, glad it’s not me, lol

Have a good Saturday x

Day 9, Melb. Aust, NFD, 9:35 p.m.

Enjoyed eating more freely today, but back to more serious attention to calories tomorrow. Weigh-in this morning had me at 77.3 kg, which is 0.6 kg down on last Saturday. @ccco, like you, I am losing weight, but not a lot is being reflected in loss of measurements, especially around the waist, just slowly slowly. My waist to hip ratio is still less than 0.8, so I’m a little frustrated but not too concerned.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Day 9 – Ireland – NFD

Nearly had a great FD yesterday as hospital food has not improved since I spent my work experience in a hospital aged 16 😳…I thought my last meal was tea at 4.30 and was doing really well as it was chicken salad but they brought a surprise ham sandwich 🥪 in at 8pm and I thought that the last thing I wanted was to lie awake because of hunger so I chomped it down with a lovely pot of tea.

@betsylee I thought of you when I was served breakfast this morning…. fabulous staff in the hospital, I have so much respect and admiration for them but the food not so much… so as soon as I was discharged I went to a lovely café around the corner and had coffee and a berry scone.. so not a FD for me today 😳

@ann1239 thanks! And you may be right…. I have lots of muscle but I still carry extra girth that I’d love to see shed… I don’t particularly look heavy but know myself that a few more pounds would make a difference.

So was hooked up and incredibly slept pretty well … results next week which I’ll be very interested to hear. Also it was interesting as I take medication due high blood pressure but it was lower then usual in all three readings so am going to keep an eye on that myself now at home… maybe my clean living is finally making a small difference.

Wishing all those fasting a good FD today!
    Quote spotted in café earlier so using it for the rest of this month:

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 9 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@debster251 thanks for the kefir advice. I made 2 litres for my first batch a week ago. Hope my kefir for the next batch won’t be too old. It isn’t sweet enough to attract DH so its only me drinking it, the cat likes it but she only has a teaspoon a day. I will make less next time and make it more frequently in the future.

@daffodil2010 Happy Anniversary 🥂

@bluesqueak I think you may be right about the Blood Sugar Diet causing a reducing waistline. I began the diet in July 2017 and the first place I saw a loss was on my waist. In maintenance I have stuck with it on 5:2 because I enjoy the food and it allows me to enjoy some red wine and dark chocolate on weekend NFDs 😋

Stay strong Saturday fasters and wishing everyone a good weekend 🙂

Day 9 – USA – FD 800

Good day yesterday, 815 calories total. Hope today is going to be similar. I have already planned out what I am going to eat today.

Question:

I am curious and wonder if I should or should not work out on this plan. Have anyone tried the fast workout or did any type of exercise while on this diet? Please share your experience if you do 🙂 Thank you!

@snowflake56 – Thank you! I was going to go in to put my name down on the pocket list. 🙂

@jaifaim – I can’t wait till the day I can say that I am not losing as much because I have muscle mass.

Day 9- Ohio FD

Happy dance. Pipes unfroze yesterday and didn’t burst! Celebrated by having a looooooong steaming hot bath. And promptly slept the rest of the day. I think I have a future idea for situations like this, which I had hoped would never happen after leaving the last place. I am going to keep a few paper plates and bowls and one set of plastic utensils for emergencies. Keep them stashed away out of the rest of the family’s view so they do not fall back into that habit. Our last place we couldn’t use the kitchen half of the winter from frozen pipes due to kitchen being against exterior wall/ surrounded by foundation and after a while we went completely to disposable everything. It also made for more take out and such, which didn’t help weight. That also explains my panic this week. But, I sat the day before and realised the box I keep necessities in could easily hold an emergency stash and I could do some dishes at work since I try to already at end of lunch. So, I’m planning on finding some cool printed plates and bowls for home along with a maybe silver or gold colored package of the utensils. Plus, I will keep a roll of quarters for water gallons from the spring down the road. While we were no water, the oldest wanted to go to, of all places, Melt (better known for grilled cheese and yet he has never gotten one there), so we ordered and I ended up stretching what used to be one to one and a half meals into three! I may be addicted to their tofu fried wings. And what I did eat had me almost to uncomfortable full. Well, technically we STILL have my fries, but I think I may make something with them for tomorrow’s work lunch. Oh yeah, the kung pao broccoli from there ended up being my celebratory meal for water coming back! Warm weather please stay.

Today is simple planned tofu salad and a chocolate berry smoothie. Oh yeah, and fresh brewed coffee at home. I have so missed the fast days this week.

@rafiki44 I’m also in the agreement of taking the time if it is magnesium to let it work. I try to do epsom soaks when I get leg and foot cramps. It takes a couple weeks, but it does help me. I’d also check your water consumption since it may seem you are drinking enough but you could be dehydrating anyway. Sometimes our bodies just decide they need more for that time.

@dafodil2010 @flourbaby out here it’s an every four years once you turn 21 they collect your money, check your vision (reason why I don’t drive: can’t pass the vision test), and then give you a new license. My grandfather still has his, though he drives less. His girlfriend drives him places though. But, there are no reassessment of skills either or of law knowledge. I was surprised when my oldest went to get his the changes in the laws that we hadn’t really heard of.

@jaifaim congrats on the blood pressure going down at the hospital. Hope it is a start of a continual for you.

Day 9 – Manchester, England – NFD

Very quick check in. I haven’t had chance to read through posts but I hope everyone is doing well. I’ve had a couple of not-that-controlled days but also I don’t *think* disasters either. Trying to be a bit more careful today but also watching rugby in the pub so we’ll see how things go!

2nd post

this going to be a long one

@at have to save the rhubarb recipe for summer, we don’t have fresh rhubarb here at the moment.

@russetfox I like your equivalent of a date night. A combination of fun and health. Here is a link to the Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred https://www.izlesene.com/video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-level-1/6904782
    I tried it last year but gave up because you have to jump up and down a lot.

@annemarilyn my hair is also wavy, curly, finding a good hairdresser was difficult in every town we lived in. My DH makes a better cut, but I wanted to try something new. The women I know here are not of the kind that have facials I can do it myself, I just have to do it. I learned how to do it a long, long time ago.

@elektron hi again! Perhaps you needed a break, you did so well last month. Just start again, you’re not alone on this.

@daffodil2010 nothing more satisfying than discovering abs! I really like my abs and shoulder muscles (not so my bingo wings, they seem to stay there forever).

@jaifaim hospital meals are mostly not very tasty. After losing weight I now only take 1/4 of my BP medication, it makes a lot of difference.

@matpi I hope the fatique will be gone in a few days time. I never heard of counting bites as a method of portion control. I think it’s a strange idea and don’t think it’s compatible with having a social life of any kind. Eating is a social activity, I want to enjoy the company not counting bites while eating.

@ann1239 the only excersizes I do are 8 min. planks and 50 squats daily, to lazy to do more. But others are very active, also on FD’s.

@basyjames I agree, everything in moderation. I eat/drink everything I like but in moderate portions.

@hieiren glad everything is working again. How glad I am to live in a part of the world without extreem temperature changes.

Things I find helpful to stay on course:

– I try not to eat sweets, hardly never have seconds or snack between meals
    – I use small plates and bowls, a small portion looks like a lot on a small plate
    – I drink herbal tea, warm water with lemon all day
    – I don’t buy sweets, so I can’t eat them
    – if I think I really have to eat, I try to wait for 15 more minutes, if I still want to eat, I try to eat just a little bit, stop and see if I want more, sometimes I fail, that’s life
    – I only eat what I really like, sometimes it’s rubbish, but if I want it, I don’t feel guilty afterwards.
    – I don’t eat everything that is offered to me, I mostly say, I’ll eat it later, sometimes I will, sometimes not. Beware of feeders, they often don’t want you to lose weight
    – I don’t listen to anyone who tells me: Just take only this one. Mostly I can’t just take one and go on eating until everything is gone
    – I always eat protein before I go to sleep otherwise I can’t sleep (don’t know why, but perhaps it’s just a mind thing)
    – I eat a small amount of calories at noon, the rest is for dinner, mostly salad or soup, I can’t do liquid fasts, I have to chew something
    -I don’t listen to anyone saying: You don’t need to lose weight, you look fine. I didn’t look fine weighing 72 kg and didn’t feel fine either
    – I don’t eat processed food, always cook from scratch
    – I try to eat 80% healthy food, the other 20% often not that healthy
    – to make my life easier and because I like it, I mostly eat the same food on my FD’s.

I hope any of this makes sense, for me the best part of this WOL is: if I don’t feel well enough to do a FD mentally, I know tomorrow can be a better day so I can try it then. I’m not perfect, I’m human.

Bye for now!

Day 9 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Doing okay with eating, not great, but okay. Maintenance is all about that sometimes.

Onward and downward.

Day 9, Germany, NFD
    Hey everybody!
    Doing ok on my nfd so far – am glad I set up my bottom lines that help me to make decisions around my food and drinking.
    Last night I enjoyed some Pizza and drinks with a friend. I also went out for lunch today and so will I tomorrow… I will try to have a light dinner tonight!
    @snowflake I looooove your list about what helps you around food. With manyif it I feel exactly the same!!
    Have a good saturday everybody!
    Onwards and downwards!! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Day 9 California FD

@snowfkake56 thanks for adding me

Thanks everyone for commenting on my leg cramps. I will use the magnesium today and will ask track my water intake since I’m thinking that also may play a role. Feeling glad to be fasting today as I went a little crazy with the candy last night.

@matpi I always thought that counting bites would be useful because it makes you mindful of what you were eating and slows you down (I’m a fast eater) so you can tell when you are full. Don’t know if I would have the patience for it though…

@hieiren great news that you finally have working pipes.

Day 9 – USA – FD 800

Second Post

@snowflake56 – Your post is so good. If there is only a way we can pin it or put it on the first page so it is easy to get to!

Saturday has proven to be hard to keep my calories at 800. I am hanging in there! I will make it only to 800!

Hi all.Thank you for having me as I’m new here.I really need to get healthier and I hope I can remain motivated.

Day 9 Belfast NFD
    YS and his girl were out to the wee small hours and I couldn’t get back to sleep after they’d come in. I have to be mindful not to eat away my tiredness.
    @bluesqueak. I’m very impressed at your waist whittling! I’ll maybe have to bite the bullet. I initially lost 6” from my waistline but now my BMI is around 24 and my waist is too big. My dilemma is that I don’t really want to lose many more pounds, but I do want a smaller waist.
    @missybear I tend to make one litre at a time as it’s only me who takes it.
    @ann1239 – I attend a swimming class on a FD where sprints are part of the routine. I find it no problem doing any sort of exercise.
    @jaifaim- congratulations- I’m sure you’re pleased about your blood pressure.
    @snowflake – such a fantastic and inspirational post.
    Welcome @neferti and good luck on your journey

Onwards and downwards

Day 9 UK accidental FD

yesterday turned EFS with an astonishing number of cashews. Thankfully only nuts and not sugar or carbs.

Today has been mostly fasting bc circumstances. But enjoyed some lovely vegan sweet potato & raisin cake – a lovely person had adapted my own recipe to be vegan for me! About to chomp thru late supper of cabbage, peas & vegan sausages ahead of bath & bed.

Had a surprisingly lovely day today – London beautiful in spring sunshine but blustery winds. Community gathering followed by afternoon/eve at arts festival with a friend – went to a wonderful talk & some great connections. I’m feeling inspired and restored in equal measure… just need sleep!

Day 9, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods: Grocery shopping done. Walking the doggie, now enjoying coffee at one of our coffee shops. Snow was heavy and wet. More to come possibly.
    Walking home soon, cooking pancakes using your recipe @annemarilyn. Pancakes in the afternoon, why not? 😊😄😂

@daffodil2010, @flourbaby: Need to renew my driver’s license as well by my birthday in July. Only 10 years here, too, for any age.
    @daffodil2010: Enjoy your wedding anniversary! 💐

Have a good Saturday everyone!⚘⚘⚘

Second post:
    Oh no, wrong, we have to renew the driver’s license every 5 years!!!

Day 9, GR, NFD

Sorry I’ve been so little active here guys, I read through the posts quickly and must admit haven’t had time to catch up properly.Its clear that its very nice active month though, credit to @snowflake56 🌹

@annemarilyn GR is for Greece 🙂

@daffodil2010, @snowflake56 yes I’m in Greece 💃 , thank you, I’m enjoying myself 😀
    @daffodil2010 Happy Wedding Anniversary 🍾

@metatauta and @missybear, when you do the first batch of kefir and you finish it, leave a little bit for the next one, no need to add new granules, you use that instead of granules. @missybear I made 2L first time and found it to be too much for one batch, so now I make less than 1L at the time 🙂

@michelinme I hope you get better soon , sending you some healing vibes xx

Have to catch up and respond another time 😳

Have a great weekend everyone ❤

USA Day 9 NFD

Today tuned into a NFD but I really needed it! RedRockGirl, the driver’s licenses here in the States has been 5 years for years! However, now that we are moving into more secure driver’s licenses due to Homeland Security issues, the new ones are for 7 years. I am grateful for that! With the new ones, you can use them for ID to board planes at the airport. The old ones can’t be used. I guess that’s progress and for our safety! The only downside is that now you will have to take an eye exam every time you renew it!

Day 9 – USA – FD 800

I have come up with several lunch plan for fast day. Most of these are 300 or below, so that I can be flexible with dinner or breakfast. Please add your own if you have any suggestion 🙂 🙂 These calories are only estimate 🙂 🙂

Meals:

Toast:
    Toast (90) + Avocado (125)= 215
    Toast (90)+ Egg (140)= 230
    Toast (90) + Avocado (125) + egg (80)= 295
    Toast (90) + Avocado (125) + salmon (50)= 265
    Toast (90) + ham (123) + egg (80)= 293
    Toast (90) + Laughing Cow Cheese (50) + salmon (50)= 190
    Toast (90) + Laughing Cow Cheese (50) + prosciutto (60)= 200

Egg Benedict (low carb) with tomato instead of bread
    Tomato (5) + spinach (30) + egg (80) + smoke salmon (50)= 165
    Tomato (5) + mushroom (20) + ham (123) + egg (80)= 228

Salad:
    Lettuce (20) + smoke salmon (50) + avocado (123) = 243
    Lettuce (20) + tuna (50) + avocado (123) = 193
    Lettuce (20)+ ham (123) + egg (80)= 223

Others
    Tuna 2 oz (50)
    Grilled salmon 3oz (177)
    Grilled chicken 3.5oz (165)
    Sashimi 6 oz (210)
    Sushi with no rice
    Hamburger green style (200)
    Hot and sour soup – (90)
    Grilled tuna 2oz (50)
    Seaweed sheets (5)
    Sardine can (191)
    Makerel 2oz (80)
    Chicken noodle soup 1cup (120)

@ann1239 – that is a great list of possibilities! Thanks so much for your work and sharing them with us!

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

We cooked a lovely seafood dinner last night, starters was a cod and salmon fish cake, then main was a monkfish, prawn and salmon stir fry with lots of crispy veg. Yum. There was a tiny cheesecake for dessert. Candles and wine in a decanter….very posh 😆

Good night with good food but not an EFS, and hence I don’t feel stuffed today. Going to have a Sunday breakfast of sausages and eggs with DH (it’s the only day I have breakfast), then he is off to work for 2pm and I have the afternoon to myself.

Going to pot on my tomatoes, do a few gardening things (it’s supposed to snow later 😨) and then relax for the rest of the day ahead of the working week.

So I applied to get my drivers licence renewed. I made sure to look good for the photo as the one taken 10 years ago was awful, greasy hair and a fugitive look, and I had that for 10 years, argh!!! I am looking forward to getting my licence as finally it will be a nice credit card type of licence…..we had paper ones here in Ireland until recently and the full licence was a bright pink card that looked very, well, old fashioned, even 3rd world.

The pressure of Dad being in hospital and getting building work done on his home, and Dad saying one thing to one person and another thing to somebody else….well it took a toll on our family WhatsApp group yesterday and a very frustrating group conversation ensued between my siblings, culminating with two brothers being extremely dramatic and diva like and leaving the group. It was so annoying. But I just thought to myself that I would have no drama on our wedding anniversary and I went Zen on the whole thing.

Big families are exhausting sometimes. And WhatsApp groups can never take the place of talking face to face, however we are dotted all around the place so it’s needs must.

@metauta and @shinything I make 2litres of kefir at a time, but both DH and I drink it so I usually make a couple of batches a week. In fact, will need to make another batch today. This will be the second batch from the current crop, I will take a couple of spoonfuls and add it to the milk and let it ferment until tomorrow. Hopefully lovely and creamy.

Day 10, London, UK, NFD

It’s my mums 80th today, so a meal out with the entire family, with wine & cake on the menu!!!

@russetfox, the 30 Day Shred is a 25-30min HIIT programme by Jillian Michaels which has outstanding & super quick results on your body shape ………..……… providing you don’t die on day 1!!!!

@ann1239, everything you can do to make yourself healthier helps, no excessive exercise is required, but at least some movement every day helps!!!

@matpi, I’m pretty sure I could get an entire jam doughnut down in just one bite …….. you can’t make me admit to doing that, I’ll never crack!!!!! For those of us with wide smiles (read – ‘big mouths’!!) it’s not an ideal way of limiting portions!!!

@debster251, I recall a hool-a-hoop challenge way back when for waist whittling………………… perhaps you can try that next month, I’ll join you if my knees can cope!!!

@michelinme, remember, 1 handful of cashews is equivalent to a dose of Prozac!!! You’re in your happy place, EFS or not!!!

LMAO, @daffodil2010 ………….”greasy hair and a fugitive look” …………………………. Say no more!!!

Off to get myself sorted for the day, I’ll head out early to my mums, to wash her hair and do a little pampering before the meal!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!

Day 10: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD (and all the others…).

Again, apologies for being absent. Still ill, I’m afraid….some awful virus caught from work-mates. Comes and goes, but is always worse as the day wears on. Can’t breathe at night, throat still sore, coughing, using up boxes of tissues like no-body’s business….generally yuk! DH seemed not to go down with it after all, just felt a bit off one day. I can’t believe how feeble I must be….normally never catch things.

DD (working about 50 miles east of Melbourne) seems to have got on alright with the bush-fires, I’m relieved to hear. Says it’s (apparently) quite normal!
    @betsylee, @gretta is that right? Are things ok out there?

Good luck all you fasters. You’re ALL doing better than me!

Day 10 Belfast NFD
    YS headed off early in case the weather got nasty. Currently blue skies but snow showers are forecast.
    @michelinme – you made me laugh with ‘an astonishing number of cashews.’ I wonder who among us hasn’t had that moment when we can’t believe what we’ve just eaten?!
    Wow Ann1239 – you’ve made me realise how dull my weekly menu is!
    @daffodil2010 – is there such a thing as a passport/driving license photo that’s not fugitive looking lol? Family issues always put such pressure on everyone. Hopefully you can get the building work finished and get your dad back home. Once that happens it may well settle down.
    Ha @flourbaby! The instrument of torture still lurks in my junk room aka ‘the office’! I think I didn’t get past 10 rotations in a month! I suppose I should bite the bullet and rise to your challenge?
    In a way I hope the weather dictates that I stay in this afternoon. I’ve bought some acrylic paints to experiment with paint pouring à la @kaywesterman. Masterpiece here we come!

Old habits are hard to break. Eat the elephant one bite at a time!

Day 10 Wales UK NFD

@snowflake56 fantastic post yesterday x

@snowflake56 and @flourbaby thanks for the info on the shred, don’t know if I can commit to that at the mo. due to 12.5hr shifts and 1.5hr commute, could do it 4 times a week but not quite the spirit of it.

@ann1239 thank you for sharing, always good to have more ideas for meals.

@daffodil2010 fugitive look, sounds like my passport photo,lol

Craving cauli and broccoli cheese, so going to prepare that before me and woofit brave the gales for our daily constitutional.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone x

Day 7-10 – UK – NFD

Life has just been very busy and kept meaning to post but without success and no FDs since Day 4 with some just below TDEE and others definitely well above – Plenty of exercise however!!!!

I am aiming for my usual Monday FD tomorrow to press my RESET button and then follow it with a controlled week afterwards – I’m going back to basics for this next week and making it an alcohol free one as well as I suspect I am towards the top of my wriggle room or even above it at the moment 👿 no need to get on the scales to tell me that!!!!

Lovely day out with DD yesterday with her DH and their lively Beagle pup – lovely walk then lunch out together before they headed off to do some shopping before driving back home. Then this morning had a phone call from my sister in Australia telling me that they are doing a European trip this year (she’s never been to Europe but her DH has before he met her!) with a stopover in the London and will be able to spend a week with me, I’m super excited about that 😁

Late lunch out a bit later with a couple of girlfriends before going to see a live telecast of Sleeping Beauty from the Bolshoi – so despite a bit of cold and damp weekend it has been rather lovely so far.

Hope that all those who have been feeling unwell are starting to improve – drink plenty of fluids and try to eat nutritious healthy meals 🤗

@matpi – loved your quote on Day 6 – so true!!!
    @aglowworm – well done on dropping those 6lbs since 20/2 and no need to apologise for long posts, so lovely that you can share with us 🤗
    @bluesqueak – 😮5 inches from your waist since mid-Feb – great job! The F800 certainly seems to agree with you – great job for sticking with it
    @ciren2 – poor you
    @shinything – Keep enjoying the rest of your Greek holiday – looking forward to my week of Yoga there in June this year!!!
    @daffodil2010 – Wishing you and your OH a very Happy Wedding Anniversary 🍾🥂 your meal sounds really yummy – sort of food my OH loves. Sorry to hear about the family issues over your Dad but so glad that you did not let it spoilt your special day 🤗
    @snowflake56 – So sorry to hear that you did not enjoy either your facial or haircut – As @annemarilyn said t’s about finding the right person who listens to your needs and certainly regarding the facial it’s about using the right products for your skin type – I love both those opportunities of some relaxing “ME” time – BTW I too have thick wavy hair and am lucky at having found a hairdresser who understands that it does not behave in the expected way 😉
    @michelinme – you need to do a little 💃 for getting off that plateau both in weight and measurements – what a lovely feeling! And I totally get you with regards to cashews – I have been known to eat a whole packet……….
    @rafiki44 – Personally I have never taken any supplements and just eat a wide variety of food types so I’m with @dykask in that supplements are usually a waste for time – we just pee it all out as our bodies are a wonderful machine – able to get just what they need from our diet so long as we eat a healthy one e.g. Mediterranean type one as advised by MM. Remember to drink plenty of water each day whether fasting or not – try to aim for 2L of water adding lime/lemon slices or even cucumber for flavour 😋
    @ann1239 – no reason for not working out whilst on this WOL – exercise is wonderful for our mental health as well – in fact I believe that MM encourages exercise but no need to go mad….BTW thank you for sharing your list for lunch plans taking all the calorie counting out for others x
    @hieiren – great that no burst pipes was suffered in for household and I bet that you enjoyed that bath!!
    @nefertiti82 – Welcome’s – never too late – you have taken that first most important step to a new WOL
    @flourbaby – Happy 80th birthday to your Mum – I’m sure she will enjoy you spoiling her a bit before your outing and hope that you all have a fab time together 👩‍❤️‍👩

For those asking questions about kefir making I see that others have answered the queries – good luck with your future batches

A special mention to @snowflake56 – you have been a wonderfully inspiring host so far int his challenge so don’t know what you worried about and I LOVE your list about what helps you around food – we should all take note – very sage advice!

Right I’m off to get ready to meet my ballet friends for lunch before we head off to the ballet – hope everyone is having a fab weekend enjoying life even if the weather is 🌨🌧🌬as it is here – I will certainly be wrapping up warn and ensuring I have my trusty ☂️ with me

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 10 – Manchester, England – NFD

So, I’ve had some very relaxed NFDs this week. However, the scales seem to be behaving themselves which is good. As it’s only my second week on this new WoL, I’m testing/feeling out the boundaries. I’m strangely looking forward to my FDs next week which feels odd!

We were out to watch the rugby in the pub yesterday which was fun. Me and the hubby are having roast harissa chicken later on today. I do love doing a Sunday roast.

I hope everyone is having a fab weekend. 💜

@daffodil2010, @snowflake56 @michelinme – it’s so lovely that people like the long posts! Thanks!

@basyjames – what a lovely thing to say! Thank you so much.

@ann1239 – thank you! The scales are behaving, despite me having had a few days when I’ve not been super careful about what I was eating. I was knackered last week, was very busy, and have had a few nights out, so I’m very pleased that the weight seems to be keeping off. And weirdly, I’m looking forward to having my FDs next week. It feels really strange to say that, but I genuinely am!! I hope your weigh in tomorrow goes ok.

@ciren2 – you poor thing! Are you feeling any better now?

@shinything – I love your username! And a Greek holiday sounds blissful. I could do with some *proper* sunshine.

@daffodil2010 – 😱 surely not an ab!! 😂 That’s amazing! Well done! Happy anniversary too. Your anniversary dinner sounds wonderful!

@snowflake56 – I love your list of stay-on-course tips. They’re really useful. Thanks.

@ann1239 – I love your meal suggestions. I especially like how low-impact (easy and almost no cooking) that they are. Easy ingredients too. Thanks!

@at – thank you so much! Ooo I love going to see ballet. What did you see? I hope you have/had a wonderful time!

Day 10 – Ireland – NFD

Yesterday was a busy one and also got back on my bike to do some hill climbs. It was windy and hard going but got 40km in…that weather continues today.. so all spins cancelled here.

Will be doing some charity work this afternoon with our cycling club and will relax tonight. Have prepped salads and veg for the week ahead so hopefully will stay on track. Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 10 California NFD

Going out to breakfast soon with DH when he gets back from taking care of his mom. No cramps last night Yay!

Day 10, Germany, NFD
    I’m struggeling right now! Had lunch at a greek Restaurant where I chose a fantastic salmon steak with rice, vegetables and salad. I was really full after that so it was no problem for me to not have dessert even though everybody else had one. Yet when we just got home I had half a breadroll with butter and an ice cream 😣 – absolutly unnecessary!!! I am really looking forward to Dr. Moseleys book, which should arive soon. I need some motivation!
    Hope I will manage the rest of the day ok.
    Wishing everybody a good Sunday!
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Day 10, Emden Germany, NFD

Hi everyone!

more for my list: Always eat a the table and don’t eat while you’re cooking (in my case Ginger Nuts I don’t even really like, just boredom). I’m sure all of you have other tips, please share them, they could be helpful.

I’m a little late today, much to do. This month I set myself the challenge of cooking/baking 31 new things to eat. Today I made Yorkshire Ginger Nuts, we not as gingery as expected and cashewbutter but I like peanutbutter way more, it tastes better. Now I’m trying to make Heston Blumenthal’s Perfect Chips, very time consuming.

@nefertiti82 a warm welcome to you, glad to have you on board. Don’t hesitate to ask us anything you want.

@joanslab from Tijeras welcome! How nice to find your name on the spread sheet, you can join us here if you want to or just read the posts and use the spread sheet.

@shinything just enjoy your holiday and don’t worry about us!

@ann1239 Thanks you so much for the lunch list. There are so many things on the list I never eat, my lunches seem boring now. I don’t think it’s possible to put a new post on the first page.

@daffodil2010 that sounds like a lovely anniversary dinner. I’m glad you didn’t let it be spoilt by the problems with the siblings. Talking face to face is so much better, you talk to eachother on another level and you can talk things out. I don’t think my tomato seeds are doing well, I have a lot of sprigs but they are the same as the ones in the compost still standing in the basement. I don’t think they become tomato plants. From the pumpkin seeds only one came up. I hardly recognize myself on photo’s for official documents, I always think: Do I really look like that?

@ciren2 just get well again!

@at thanks! Although the outcome of the haircut and the facial wasn’t that good, it was fine, I had a nice chat with both of the ladies. Enjoy the ballet.

I have to get the chips out of the frigde and in the fryer for the 1st time, then back in the fridge for 30 min. and then in the fryer again. After that we’ll eenjoy them or bin them.

Have a nice afternoon/evening everyone!

Day 10- NFD- Atlanta, GA. USA

DAY 10- NFD- Atlanta, Ga. USA

Hello all! I’m going to a fried chicken and waffle brunch this afternoon. Very Southern and American thing here in the States. There will also be mimosas and bloody mary’s served as well. I’m a sucker for a good bloody mary! Whew! Gonna stay away from the fried foods and just stick to fruit though. Fingers crossed!

2nd post

just ate the chips, they are absolutely delicious, crispy on the outside and melting on the inside. If anyone wants to make them on a special day, it’s worth trying. Here’s the link for Heston’s Perfect Fish and Chips recipe:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3Rrzrv8vU

See you all tomorrow on my FD!

Day 10, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Summertime! ☀️🌞😊 Comcast still has not changed. So phones (landline) and one microwave is still an hour behind! 😄😂😊
    Taking it easy. Wintery and cold outside. Did my Qigong and Tai Chi practice. Now deciding on concerts for the new symphony season 2019/20. Walking the doggie, calling my father in Austria, going for coffee with DH and relaxing.
    Food will be pork belly, broccoli and cauliflower.

@annemarilyn: your pancakes are out of this world, taste like French toast. Ate five of them. Yummy!😊

Have a good Sunday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 10 UK strangely CD

Another early start & community event, clutching huge parcel that I’d wrapped late yesterday. Had one slice of gf vegetarian cake (gave myself a refreshment Sunday) but eschewed prosecco & canapes in favour of black coffee & peppermint tea. Stayed out for post-lunch coffee catching up with visiting friends, then had nightmare journey home – 45 min trip took over 2hrs.

Realised I’ve again got thru the day on not much food simply bc busy and not planned ahead. On the bright side I’m not (yet) breaking out (xc cashews!) but need to set myself up for success with good food for days out. I’m finding being gf vegan much harder than gf veggie for food on the go. @cornish-jane – and anyone else who’s following plant-based mediterranean diet – I’d be really grateful for ideas & inspiration of easy food to take out with me.

Just had delicious supper of baba ganoush with carrot sticks & hot hummus with warm avocado, spinach & tomato salad. Going to have berry compote with vegan yogurt & cacao, with a few dates & crushed nuts for sweetness & crunch.

Not enough sleep again last night & a heavy few days ahead… time for good self-care in the form of relaxing in the bath with epsom salts & essential oils then an early night. Planning to be up early to stretch, meditate, catch up on Lent reading and get ahead of the day…. looking after Future Me.

Wishing you all a peaceful evening and a good start to Monday x

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Enjoyed a relaxed weekend, back tomorrow for my Monday FD 🙂

Day 10
    Florida
    NFD
    Stayed the same this past week. I’ll take it. Have an exciting week coming up My artist friends from Wy, will be coming down for an art show. We will be meeting them to help them as they will have two tents.
    They live off the art they sell. She does the painting and her husband makes the frames. Beautiful works. Will try to be aware of my intake with food as we will be eating out a lot.
    Hope all have a great week.

Day 10- Ohio NFD

Yesterday’s fd went almost a little too well, but I will take it. Went on a coffee date with my friend and only had coffee and water. She ended up with a sandwich that we gave my older girl half of after everything. Did some shopping so I spent money and bought the oldest some buckeyes and me enough truffles so I could have one per nfd at work. Spent less than if I had just bought a four pack box too! The truffles got put away immediately and I haven’t really thought of them. It seems lately that I am less likely to eat chocolate and sweets even when available! Now to stop the salty crispy food cravings. Of course, my smoothie is a different story with chocolate.

@aglowworm I’m asking because my youngest would probably be willing to eat it, but how do you do your harissa roast chicken?

@rafiki44 congrats on the night cramp free. Hopefully it keeps up so you can get rest.

@flourbaby and @debster251 that is interesting you guys mentioned a hula hoop challenge. I finally bought one yesterday for an exercise to add in.

Day 9 and 10 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

This is a “behinder” kind of weekend. I mean to get caught up but feel sometimes like I’m getting further behind. Oh well, It’s a beautiful Sunday. I’m counting my blessings!

@flourbaby – reading of you washing your mama’s hair really touched me! That’s one of the things I’ve noticed since my mom’s in a higher level of care part of where she and my dad now live; her hair has not been getting the kind of care she likes to give it. I think I’ll talk to my sister in-law and see if there’s something that can be done about it. I don’t live near-by but… I’m glad your mom has you!

@snowflake56 – that’s quite the challenge you gave yourself – 31 new things in a month! Sounding pretty yummy!

That’s quite a few new names – and yes all are welcome! I have to say sometimes the names do give me a chuckle and I wonder about the back story. Now @flourbaby has told hers. I was wondering for example about @Tijeras – sissors in Spanish. Are you referencing “cutting out” sugar perhaps; just got me wondering.

@redrockgirl302 – I’m glad you enjoyed the pancake recipe. Interesting about Comcast/Infinity. I have them too, and my computer’s time, for example changed automatically. Hopefully yours has by now.

@daffodil2010 – so glad you enjoyed your anniversary despite family drama. May things work out for the best.

@michelinme – you seem to eat such a lovely assortment of ingredients; some I have not even tried. When I saw dates in the list of something on the menu, I thought of Martha’s Gardens that I visited in the Yuma, AZ area in February. They have many date palms. I brought home some lovely medjool dates from there after tasting several varieties. Sooo yummy.

Glad we’re on the journey together!

Day 10 – USA – NFD

Wacky hours…it’s Sunday night, just got home and a heavy week ahead, but still reading all posts with interest to keep up on my homeys…re-set my WW scale to my age (65) and my current fitness level, and it jumped to 146 from 142 and change….here we go again. At least I’m still under my original goal of 150. @debster251 and @daffodil2010, thanks again for the kefir info! Second batch will be in about 3 days. @gretta, so sorry I never congratulated you on your wedding and honeymoon! @flourbaby, let’s do it for April – Hula Hoop Extravaganza! I have my padded hoop in the closet and it will be a nice beginner exercise to get the blood moving!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.