March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 909 total)

• USA Day 4 (already??) FD800

Adding myself to pocket list:

@chipmunk13
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @ann1239
    @debster251
    @ccco 800

800 calories is working for me and so is low carb. I’ve lost a little more weight after a few day stall!
    Will be back in a little while to read everyone’s posts! Have a great day!

day 4 second post

We are many this challenge – and need all the support we can get! Try to look for the latest version of the pocket list to add yourself…

Pocket List Day 4 – Add yourself if you’re fasting – sorry if i’ve missed anyone

@chipmunk13
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @ann1239
    @debster251
    @debsk
    @betsylee
    @therealwil78
    @judyjudes
    @matpi
    @michelinme
    @ccco

Day 4, Wales FD

Quick check in as still on nights 😴

Weekly weigh in 179.75lb so another 2.5 gone yay. Waist 100cm so 2 cm off.
    My belly looks like an under stuffed pillow, all the material is there but not enough feathers,lol. Doing my best to stick to my first fast night.
    Hope the week is starting well for you all xx

Day 4 Canton OH FD

I am a little late to this month’s challenge. I need to get back on track with checking in, the year has been very busy so far and my regular check ins have been a thing of the past.

I tried the Fast800 for a while and was quite pleased with it in the beginning, but I allowed my calorie count to creep up gradually until my days became CD and not FD, which is helpful with maintenance – FD not so much.

@ann1239 CD is a terminology that refers to eating to TDEE without going over
    and you are asking all the right questions. I used to worry that FD would mess up my metabolism but I have since learned that as long as you alternate FD with NFD, your metabolism should be fine. This WOL is sustainable, oncve you figure out your numbers.
    Another tip, adjust your TDEE to your goal weight, that way you will not have to try to cut back when you reach goal.

2nd post

this thread is going so fast, I love the enthusiasm we’re all having at the moment! I like all the weather reports I’m reading: Snow in Ireland, a sunny day in Manchester and we’re waiting for a storm tide.

@betsylee thanks, that was just what I needed! 🤗
    @slimbean welcome back! You nailed the reason for us all being here: to be active, healthy and happy in ourselves again. Of course you can do it!
    @robm welcome to you too! I like ambitious goals, go for it!
    @debsk a warm welcome to you! You should have lost some weight. Are you eating to the TDEE of your current weight or to your goal weight? Have you counted the amount of calories you eat?
    @nelly89 welcome, of course you can join us again! You have the tools to do it, so use them and have faith.
    @russetfox well done!
    @basyjames how lovely you’re with us for another month. I stick to the basic 5:2, I got so used to it and it works.
    @kaywesterman I saw your data on the spreadsheet, glad you joining us this month!

Pocket List Day 4 – Add yourself if you’re fasting

@chipmunk13
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @ann1239
    @debster251
    @debsk
    @betsylee
    @therealwil78
    @judyjudes
    @matpi
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @russetfox
    @basyjames

Bye for now!

Day 4 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Just got back from about 3 weeks of traveling and am going for a FD hopefully.

Thanks @snowflake56 for hosting March.

I need to get caught up on posts. It’s good to be back.

Day 4 – NC, USA – FD

First FD of March! So far so good, just hydrating as much as I can. The weather is prettier today so I’m hoping to get an actual 3 mile walk in, instead of doing a HIIT in my living room. Fresh air always does me good.

A little about me:
    I’m a French expat living in the beautiful North Carolina. I’m 51, married with 2 kids. One is grown and sadly lives far away in Wisconsin and my second one is 15. I started this WOL about a year ago and 20 lbs heavier. I did fabulous the first 7 months when I dropped the weight and I have been at a plateau fighting to drop the last 5 to 10 lbs so I can get on maintenance for the past 5 months. I tend to have big variations in weight that mess with my head a little but last month was certainly a doozy: I “gained” 6lbs in one week just in the last days of February —foiling my plans for a successful February challenge—, only to slowly deflate these past 4 days.

Ultimately, my goal is 56 to 58 kg (123.2 to 127.5). I feel like I’m right there within reaching distance, but the second I get there, I bounce right back up to 130. Getting to maintenance has proven elusive! (and frustrating).

On my FD, I tend to stick to water when I can, but I adjust based on what’s going on with my life. I do have a great relationship with food: i.e. I love it and I have a sweet tooth. March should be pretty quiet in terms of social engagements so that’s a good thing, and I’m motivated because I have a trip to Asheville in June which will most definitely involve lots of hiking and lots of delicious (reasonable) meals so I want to get there in a good space.

Second post: adding myself to the pocket list.

@chipmunk13
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @ann1239
    @debster251
    @debsk
    @betsylee
    @therealwil78
    @judyjudes
    @matpi
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @russetfox
    @basyjames
    @emma1202

A very warm welcome to the new faces and to everyone coming back to the challenge!

@snowflake56, I am going to try to stick with it the whole month too. I get busy in the morning and get a little overwhelmed because I want to read all the messages, so I put it off until the evening but then of course I get sidetracked. But I have noticed a clear link with my results: If I stay active on the board, I get much better results on the scale. So I’m hoping to stay better connected this month.

@judyjudes, I know you were not looking for sympathy but I still hope you feel better. Dismissive doctors are so infuriating. I’m truly sorry.

Hang in there @miraclelou, we’ll be there supporting you the whole way.

Day 5 Wellington NZ, NFD – going for CD

Is there anything more frustrating than having a really good FD, going to bed full of optimism for the morning weigh in, and in the morning to find you are EXACTLY THE SAME WEIGHT????? GRRRR. So instead of a NFD I’ll go for a CD. Niece and hubby coming for a quick dinner before we go to Bryan Ferry concert tonight. YAY. Will use F800 book to find a suitable dinner option.

Stay strong all – it’s another stunning day here and we are clinging on to the end of Summer.

Day 4,Germany, NFD
    Usually Monday is my FD, today however I felt that I needed another day with “normal” eating. I’m glad that this WOL makes it possible to listen to my body and decide from one week to the other which days fit for fasting.
    So I’ll check in again tomorrow on my first fd this week 🤞
    @betsylee yes, I’ve tried hot water but it’s good, you’re reminding me!!!
    @emma1202 thank you for your warm supporting words!!
    Congratulations to all of you who have managed a successful FD today! 👏👏

Day 4 – UK – FD

Very active day starting with an early morning Broga class – a pilates class mid afternoon and an evening yoga class to end the day – back home – hot shower and pleasantly tired – ready for an early night.

FD went well – closing at 250cals only and plenty of water drunk 😇 definitely pressed my RESET button after an indulgent weekend!

@ann1239 – I found it easier to work out my TDEE for my target weight and going for the lightly active choice (Even though I think I am fairly active!) I didn’t readjust my TDEE depending on what exercise I did – we tend to overestimate how much we are actually doing 😉That way I got used to eating smaller portions before I reached my target weight……and it meant I lost weight a bit faster which was very encouraging – good luck with your journey
    @bluesqueak @slimbean @robm @debsk – welcome to the challenge – never too late to join!
    @snowflake56 – home micro needling is very different from cosmetic ones done by a qualified personal and is not painful at all – In the home version the micro-needles create tiny pain-free channels in the skin – resulting in the production of increased collagen, elastin and growth factors by the body. Once the micro-channels have been created, the active ingredients in your skin care products can reach into the depths of the skin exponentially more effectively than simple topical application, thereby assisting natural repairing of fine lines and wrinkles. I do it around 3 times a week – hopefully it is helping and my friends say I have good skin and look younger than my age……..
    @gretta – welcome back – sounds like you had a fabulous time
    @lorky35 – enjoy your break in Florida – I find that 16:8 is a good compromise when on holidays
    @daffodil2010 – sounds like my weekend – hopefully you have managed to press your RESET button today too 🤞
    @nelly89 – welcome back – you were with us in April ’18
    @russetfox – you are doing well – stay strong, not easy on night duty I suspect
    @basyjames – great to see you joining us
    @annemarilyn – I thought we had lost you – so glad to see you are with us on the March challenge – hope you had a good 3 weeks travelling x
    @chipmunk13 – 😇 and hopefully you might the scales are kinder to you tomorrow

Even though I am at the end of my FD I’m adding my name for support!!!

Right I’m off to bed – out tomorrow for my regular Tuesday walk with friends – expecting it to be a bit of a wet one 🌧 waterproof trousers and top and my trusty walking boots and I’ll stay dry if a bit damp around the edges 😊

@chipmunk13
    @gretta
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @ann1239
    @debster251
    @debsk
    @betsylee
    @therealwil78
    @judyjudes
    @matpi
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @russetfox
    @basyjames
    @emma1202
    @at

Lovely to have such an active start to the month and for those new to the challenges
    “DON’T EVER GIVE UP.
    Don’t let frustration knock you down.
    DON’T LET FEAR STAND IN YOUR WAY.
    Don’t let time get in your head.
    WHO CARES HOW LONG IT TAKES OR HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRY.
    Your only competition is yourself.
    WHEN YOU FINALLY SUCCEED
    The struggle will all be worth it”

USA Day 4 FD 800
    Second Post

My kitchen is closed for the night and my FD was a success. It is hard to make it to 800 calories when eating low carb, even though I can eat so many low carb low carol veggies! It took some extra work to get there today but I am very full! In any case, hope everyone had a great day!

Day 4, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Qigong, Tai Chi, coffee on campus with DH, taking care of my doggie, relaxing, inhaling (my cold does not want to leave me just yet) and reading.

Hope everyone had a good Monday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 4, London UK, FD800

My weight didn’t go down this morning, but my waist measurement did!

Yesterday was a doozy, because I had serious hunger pangs, complete with sound effects. Decided to check the book to see if there were any hints on how to deal with it and found ‘if you are still hungry after two weeks, you may be eating less protein than you need’. Checked total protein for the day – and went ‘oops’. It’s not surprising I was feeling hungry; I’d eaten about half the protein I should have done.

Today I was careful to check how much protein I ate and feel much better; hardly hungry at all.

@debster251 I’m hoping that I’ll be able to avoid going too crazy. Today was a day off, so I spent some time pre cooking some meals to freeze – so that when I get back I don’t have to plan or buy anything to restart. It’s all waiting for me.

Day 4- Ohio Fd

Almost decided to not make today a fd due to knowing there is no drinking water at work minus some bottles that may or may not be there and that I have to go to a meeting for my older girl with school. But doing it with a changed set of meals because I can’t do my stretch the chili meal. A good option maybe for summer: tofu salad with spinach base. It is going to be a long day, so I’m hoping for the best.

Hopr everone else has a good rest of today and most of tomorrow.

Day 4 California NFD

Good NFD and no sugar or chocolate so far

Day 5 – Melbourne AUS – NFD (Trying for a CD of 1200-1400cal) no added sugar

Thanks for the welcome back everyone 

480cal FD to kick off the month, @snowflake56 the wedding is very good motivation, especially given I’m doing a reading at the ceremony! Thankfully the dress still fits, however it’s a little more snug than before so a bit of weight gone would be great.

Signed up for F45 yesterday as there’s one near my new office, great resistance workout this morning, going to give it a good go for the next couple of weeks before deciding if I’ll continue. Going to aim for 4 sessions per week plus a run each week. Plus it’s nice trying something new!

@chipmunk13 yep the food choices have certainly made me appreciate this WOL back home  lets just hope some of the extra weight is just water retention from the salt!!
    @hieiren I love keeping extra frozen berries and bananas in the freezer (especially bananas that are going a bit soft and wont be eaten in time) for smoothies! Can always feel unsettling shaking up the routine on FD’s, hope you make it through!
    @emma-taylor hope you feel better soon in time for your trip
    @slimbean welcome to the challenge! You’ll find plenty of support and encouragement here. Good luck on your journey and feel free to reach out when you need

Day 5 – Japan – NFD

17 water fasts done

I’m doing well with fasting. However I have a lot less control with eating on NFD … 🙁

Day 5, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

The storm calmed down and the sun is trying to get out. We’re off to the Netherlands to do some grocery shopping.

@annemarilyn glad to have you with us again after your travels. I hope you enjoyed it.
    @emma1202 welcome to you again! I also have a sweet tooth. I found out it’s easier to resist sweets, if they are home made. I have no idea why but the content of a filled tin lasts longer.
    @chipmunk13 and @bluesqueak don’t expect your weight to go down every day. On my yesterday’s good FD I had cottage cheese and ham and I’m up 100g this morning due of water retention because of the salt.
    @miraclelou wise decision to listen to your body.
    @at after my last visit to a beautician (long time ago) I came out having a skin allergy and too thin eyebrows, so I just steam my face once in a while (also long time ago). My DH told me yesterday I need one, my skin is bad at the moment. It’s stress related. Perhaps micro needling could help, but I’m allergic to most skin care products.
    @hieiren I hope your FD went fine yesterday. Why isn’t there any drinking water at work? What kind of work do you do?

“Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” A.A. Milne

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 5. UK. F800

Hello All

Just a quick post.

Yesterday went to plan and closed belly at 800 cals @ 17:30. So a good day. Scales havnt moved down nor up either, which is also good.

Peace & Love

Second post

Finishing up my food for the night. Tasted really gpod, so unless I get hungry later, I may have to remember it for summer. On the water, the village where I work was repairing the water line, so drinking water would need to be boiled. They left us a gallon water jug. There is more pouting on the shift that the coffee machine is down than anything else. The water that wad in the electric kettle was from before and all used up. But nobody wants to spend for bottles or open the jug. I will admit that if I know of this in the future, I will change the fd, because the bottles I brought are almost completely gone and I have a couple more hours of work. I work as a machine operator. Basically, I load and unload parts, check to make sure they are right and do little adjustments as necessary. So, a little mental work and more physical work. So, back to the machines.

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B

Morning all! It was bright enough at 630am that I was able to complete the full walk this morning (walking down a river path to a little wooden bridge, then on the other end a walk through the forested grounds of a small local hotel), which means summer is on the way ☺️ I avoid those parts in winter as its pitch dark and I would need a torch and it would be stupid to be stumbling around in the dark by a river at 630am 😄

Good FD yesterday, completed Day 5 of the shred, it’s definitely getting easier, no weight loss this morning but feel less bloated. Another FD planned today.

Cannot get off this plateau. It’s ongoing for months now. Seems there are a few of us @cornish-jane, @emma1202, got to keep keeping on.

Now I know that my weekend snack intake has increased. Got to stop the crisps, chocolate and popcorn, also the gratin potatoes and garlic bread that has started to slip in. Need to get back to avoiding white carbs otherwise my weight is going to increase again

Pocket list day 5
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes

Day 5 (already) Herefordshire U.K. NFD

Busy tiring w’end with family, too many white carbs and salty snacks, probably resulting in energy crash yesterday and little post reading, will try very hard to catch up.

Bought small baking dishes, just enough for two portions, perfect for OH and me as our old family size ones have been our undoing. Good intentions of putting left overs and taking moderate portions didn’t happen!

Lots of co working with OH today putting up more blinds, hopefully we’ve got this sussed now! @snowflake56 – you and OH seem to work well on practical jobs, you’re garden clearing sounded heavy work, what plans for the empty space? Your ironwork sounds a big job too, will be great when it’s all done.

Being bothered by a very hungry and demanding cat so ending now but wishing you all a good day.

Ta x

Day 5, Germany, FD
    I’m happy to have a holiday this week so I have more time to read in this forum, which really motivates me!
    Doing good so far in March and am determined to make it a good FD today 🤩
    @emma1202 I know that, too: not really being able to keep the goal. I reached my “happy-weight” twice since doing 5:2 but it always slipped away again just like that…
    I haven’t given uo though!! 😉💪🙏
    Have a good Tuesday everybody!

Pocket list day 5
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @miraclelou

Day 5 – Ireland – FD

Home from the weekend looking after my parents and back to work which will be busy and a FD which will end with some pancakes tonight with family.

Really need to put in a good effort in the next two weeks….
    Lent will help 🤞

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @miraclelou
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 5- NFD- Atlanta, Ga. USA

Hello all! Yesterday was a successful FD. Stayed under 600 cals. I’m also down a pound for the month. Getting ready to hit the gym to get my day started. I have dinner with the OH tonight at a restaurant. Going to stick with the low-calorie options. Here’s to a successful CD. Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Determined to get back to the low/mid range of maintenance weight so I have the wriggle room for weekend treats…..so week day NFDs I must stick with low carb Mediterranean eating…..too many carbs and sugary treats last month……and I desperately don’t want to be back to the weight I once was.

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Day 5 Glasgow CD

Hi all

After a successful FD yesterday I think I’ll try a CD today.

@at and @snowflake56, I was counting calories strictly on FD, but not NFD. I had calculated my TDEE to my current weight doh, so have dropped it down to my initial goal weight which is 1 stone or 14lbs less, so TDEE has dropped from 1392 cals to 1316 cals so will try this today on my CD and see how it goes.

Think me and my OH are planning on doing Thu or Fri this week as our next FD, but need to plan for it as that seems to be the key.

Thanks for all the advice being shared.

Day 5 – Manchester – FD 500

Quick check in. Adding myself to the pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @miraclelou
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm

See you all later!

Day 5, melb Aust., CD

Okay, kept to my 1200 cals today. I noted a couple of folk (e.g. @debsk) writing that a CD is keeping to your TDEE; I don’t think so, but correct me if I’m wrong as I’m still a relative newbie. My understanding of CD is 1200 calories, which is what I keep at on those days. TDEE is just what it says; you’ve eaten to your TDEE.

Which does bring up the point raised by @at, I think – it can be better to eat to your end TDEE, not your current TDEE. For instance, while my current TDEE is about 1800 cals, my end TDEE as a lightly active female 154 cms tall will be more like 1550 cals, so that’s what I aim to eat. It’s hard, so I have one NFD a week where I generally go up to about 2000 cals.

@michelinme, thank you for adding me to the pocket list. Still haven’t worked out how to do it, and actually, because my time is much earlier here, I’ve often finished my FD before I get added. Still nice to see my name there to be thought of.

@russetfox, great work losing another few lbs.

@daffodil2010, sounds like a beautiful walk.

@ann1239, I think @basyjames and @at have answered some of your queries, and they’re more knowledgeable with this WOL than me. However, I’ll throw in my little bit too: I’ve been doing this WOL for about 3 months now, have lost 8.4 kg (18.4 lb) so far, and I’ve tried a few things. One thing Dr M does mention is that if you stay on a low cal diet all the time, there is more muscle loss than if you do it intermittently. I tried the 500 cals two days a week, but just couldn’t keep to it as I seem to need something earlier in the day as well as at the evening meal.
    I’ve started doing a couple of things. One is 3 fast days of 800 cals (FD800 or MFD), Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Then I have 3 controlled eating days of 1200 cals, but allow myself to go up to my end TDEE of 1550 cals if I feel overly hungry, and the one day at the weekend where I can go up to 2000 cals.
    I am also doing TRE, which is time-restricted eating, eating only between midday and 8 p.m., so a 16:8 pattern – 16 hours of no calories fluids only, and food within an 8-hour window. TRE can be adjusted according to preference, such as 12:12, 14:10, and even 18:6. A lot of this is in Dr Mosley’s new book, “The Fast 800”, but I heard of TRE through my brother’s partner, who had lost a considerable amount of weight just doing TRE and nothing else.

In the end, you have to work out what suits you and your lifestyle. This is a Way Of Life, not a diet, something you can continue indefinitely, even though I personally am trying to lose some weight fairly quickly for a couple of months (for health reasons). I don’t plan on staying on this schedule longer than that, and will probably go back to 3 FD800s alternating with 3 TDEE days in April or May, to avoid muscle loss. Just be careful not to be exceeding the calorie limits on the FD800 days. A few folk have commented that by having 800 cals instead of 500 cals, they started being a bit slack in how much they were eating, and stopped losing weight. In fact, I generally eat somewhere between 500 and 800 cals.

Does that help with any of your queries, @ann1239? And sorry everyone else, for the really long post.

Day 5 UK CD

Yesterday was a good reset FD after carbtastic weekend. Particularly good day for adapted yoga -I’m making significant gentle progress atm, and can feel it 🙂 Pleased to have focused on good self-care and not got stressed about all the things crying for attention; sometimes the majority of the pressure comes from within. Slow to start today and feeling disorganised, but going to get my head gently prepared and hopefully the rest will follow.

Pancake Day & I have my 80yo mother coming for pancakes c4pm, then tomorrow is DD’s birthday! Planning to fast during the day then focus on moderation and good choices for the shared meals. I’ve got lots of veg in to make FD meals, so need to make time for planning & prep. I’ll be vegan for Lent so more thought to begin than my usual food. Hoping it will give my health a boost too – and maybe even shift me from the 145lb plateau I’ve been on since last July!!

Best wishes to all for a not-too-fat Fat Tuesday / Mardi Gras / Pancake Day!

Day 5 – Iceland – CD

I am having a bit of hard time with the sugar dragon… for the past couple of days I haven’t eaten more than 250cals worth of food, but then I get tempted by some chocolate which completely ruins my FDs! 🍫🐷🙈 I really have to accumulate more determination to get over this and back to one chocolate-day a week only… Somehow still managed to lose 1kg, but that must be mostly water😇
    @chipmunk13 – I know the feeling, but have observed that my FD results often are delayed up to 24hrs
    @bluesqueak – good point about the protein, and good that you found a solution!
    @rafiki44 and @gretta – you are my role models, need a sugar free day soon!
    @annemarilyn – glad to see that you are back!
    @daffodil2010 – your morning walk sounds lovely🌳

Warm welcome to all the newbies and have a great day everyone!

Day 5 Canton OH FD

Successful <500 calorie day yesterday. After a string of >800 calorie days, it felt good to be restrained.

@betsylee no need to apologize, your post was lovely and helpful and that is why we are here; to support each other.

I did not know today is Fat Tuesday, my co worker bought doughnuts as a surprise and I had to say no. I felt bad doing it but did not want to derail my plans for the week. I think she understood, because she did not pressure me to have one.

Day 5 pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @miraclelou
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm
    @basyjames

@betsylee, hi sorry yes I put CD and that should be 1200 cals, I was just meaning to control my eating instead of eating everything on a NFD, sorry, Newbie here too.

Day 5
    Florida
    NFD
    Did really good yesterday on my FD. I lost a few ounces. Since I’ve had this coughing crud, I haven’t walked any last week, so I was surprised to see a drop. Well, I got chicken cacciatore
    and bar-b-que chicken cooked. My dinners for the week.:) Our first tomato is ready to eat. Yea!!
    Working on new paintings and drawings other then that not much is going on.
    Going have a few cool days which will be nice.
    Have a great week.

Day 5 USA (IL to UT travel) NFD

Going to do a 16:8 today as I travel to daughter’s and fam. Yesterday’s DAFD was significantly over TDEE. Really was hungry as I negotiated all the duties of the day.

Onward & downward.

Day 5: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.
    Ooops, forgot to post yesterday….but just another NFD for me, nothing to report.
    Today; Pancake Day, otherwise known as Shrove Tuesday. Hubby always makes traditional pancakes with lemon and sugar. Had two when I came home from work. Mmmm!
    No luck with getting back on the wagon yet; trying not to be hard on myself, as, luckily, my weight remains pretty steady, even if I could do with losing about 10 kilos.
    So, just hanging around the site really…

Day 5 – UK – CD

Wet morning as predicted but still went for brisk hike with my walking group and broke my fast with lunch afterwards 😋 but a low calorie meal planned for this evening so will definitely make it a CD 😇

Great to read the many contributions on the forum – there is never any need to apologise for a long/short posts all play their part 🤗

OH and I are out in half an hour to head for our HIP (high impact pilates) class, then home for a shower and cook a quick dinner, crab pasta for OH – mine will be with courgetti to keep it low calorie. I have a catch up phone call with a dear friend later and Shetland is on the TV this evening so🤞enough distractions to keep me away from snacking………no snacking food in the house atm so that will help!!

Together We Are Stronger!

Day 5, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Starting a busy day: Qigong morning practice, some Tai Chi practice, inhaling, walking my doggie, meeting DH for coffee, dentist appointment in the early afternoon, Mindfulness and Art at the Fine Arts Museum mid-afternoon, then relaxing at home after walking my pup one more time. 😊🐕❤

Have a wonderful Mardi Gras everyone!🎭

Day 5 pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @miraclelou
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm
    @basyjames
    @redrockgirl302

Day 5 – USA – CD(1200)

Did a CD yesterday again as unexpected things happened at work. Will continue to follow my current plan for the week. Today will also be a CD day. So far, porridge for breakfast, coffee + keto creamer for lunch, soup in the afternoon if hungry, grilled tilapia for dinner. Jog/walk 2.5 miles in the evening. Wednesday will be FD (soup + salad)

@at, @basyjames, @betsylee
    These are great information!!!!!! As I am studying as well as working, it is a bit hard to focus when I cut back calories, so that is why I am looking for ways that would work better for me and help me lose weight at the same time. Thank you so much for taking times to share what is working for you. I really appreciate it. Your experiences are great and I will integrate what you have shared into my daily routine for sure.

@chipmunk13 yup same here!

@snowflake56 – cottage cheese and ham –that is a really good idea for FD food!

Day 5 Wales FD (hopefully)

Last night shift tonight, rubbish day’s sleep grr. Diabetic eye screening straight after work in the morning.Hoping to do b2b fast which will finish 6.30am so then can have breakfast out with hubby after appt. But we will see as have gremlins in my head and belly right now 😈

USA Day 5 FD800

A little late for checking in but had a very busy morning!
    Adding myself to the pocket list.

@daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @miraclelou
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm
    @basyjames
    @redrockgirl302
    @ccco 800

I’ve been reading all the posts but haven’t been home to respond! Everyone seems to be doing fine. I hope everyone is having/or had a great day today!

Day 5 – 2nd post – Manchester – FD

I hope the fasters are doing well today. I’ve had a good day so far. Tuesdays are busy, so that helps. I’ve had 421 cals so far. I may or may not have another little bite in a bit. I do like a snack in the evenings, but I also know it’s a habit I should probably get out of on NFDs.

Pancake Day is officially postponed til tomorrow in our house. I’m looking forward to it, but don’t hate me…I’m a savoury pancake girl!! 😱😂

Stay strong fasters! If you’ve got this far, you can keep going for a little bit longer. It’s nearly bedtime (for us Europe kids at least!) 😘

I have just realised – much to my annoyance – that my well-planned fast day on Thursday can’t happen because we’re going out for a curry for my mate’s birthday. I know this isn’t the end of the world and that this WOL is designed to be flexible, but I’m feeling anxious now as to what to do.

I don’t think I’d manage a fast over Fri/Sat/Sun. That leaves me with only tomorrow as an option. I’ve been on a FD today. I kind of feel like I *could* maybe manage another one tomorrow, but I’m not 100%.

I’d really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on what to do. As it’s only my 2nd week on here, I really want to hold fast (pun intended) to the plan. Help! 😂

@ann1239 – absolutely right in finding a way to make this WOL work for you – The basic 5:2 works well but tweaking it to make it fit our lives is what it’s all about if it helps you achieve your goals – wishing you all the best in finding a routine that suits you.
    @aglowworm – I would not worry too much – if you can’t fit a 2nd FD why not try to have a couple of CD during the remainder of the week??

Good luck to all the fasters out there today 😇

Hi @at

Thanks for the reassurance. Just to check I’ve got it right: a CD is sticking to/under 1200 cals. Is that correct? Do you think that would still jeep me in the right zone?

Day 6, Wellington, NZ FD

Not a bad NFD yesterday though we ended up having burgers before the concert – Bryan Ferry – which was SENSATIONAL. I went with my niece and her husband – I had to tell her I was listening to Roxy Music before she was born – she’s 40!

FD today and planning one <800 meal late afternoon. Then yoga in the evening so should be ok.

@aglowworm – I’m with AT, don’t worry. I was going to FD tomorrow and am in the same boat as you – out for a curry. Back to back FDs are really doable, especially if you are doing the 800 version. Just plan carefully and eat the full 800 so you don’t feel deprived. Include enough protein so you aren’t hungry. You can do it, I’m sure.

@aglowworm – we posted simultaneously. As far as I know a CD is 300 calories below your TDEE

Pocket List Day 6

@chipmuk13

Hi @chipmunk13 – this reassurance is very, well…reassuring!

Based on what you and @at have said, I might aim for a FD800 tomorrow. If I end up going over, I will have a CD. If that happens, I can also try to have a CD on Friday. How do you think that sounds? I want to be flexible, but I also really want to feel like I’m on the right path and achieving something! 😅 I mustn’t put too much pressure on myself either!

Thanks again for your help.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.