March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 909 total)

• Day 14 Herefordshire UK FD

Quick pop in here. Good FD yesterday and another today.

Thanks @matpi for info re bite counting, I’m thinking of giving it a trial on non fast days. Hope the path out of the woods comes soon.
    Ta

Pocket List Day 14
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dingping

Ta x

Day 14 – Manchester, England, FD

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for all of your comments and positive encouragement last night.

Following your advice, I had a cup of black tea and told myself that the kitchen was closed after about 7.30pm. That’s when I posted on here and I basically looked through loads of posts on this forum with tips, advice, positive success stories and encouragement and I managed to not eat anything else.

I did have a couple of glasses of wine when my hubby got home as planned and I counted that in my cals, so I finished on around 1200cals for the day.

Aaaaand today, the scales have been great! Down another couple of lbs (loss since 1 March: 5lbs; loss since 20 Feb when I started: 9lbs!!!) which I’m so happy about. And a FD today. I’m feeling good and energised.

I have a doc’s appointment this morning, then I’m off to Sheffield to teach for a couple of hours. It’s still very windy here, so I will be wrapping up warm because I get cold on my 2nd FD.

@debster251 – thank you for your reply last night. I did read it and it did help. Posting on the forum and seeing people’s responses really helped.

@daffodil2010 – thank you for your reply last night. I did read it and it did help. Coming on the forum really helped. Having a cup of black tea did too, I think – but if that hadn’t worked, I had the stock cubes ready!! Well done on doing level 2 – that sounds like a real achievement!!

For all you hula hoopers – I can’t do it at all, so I salute you!

@songbirdme – your bluebird day sounds blissful! I’m going skiing tomorrow, but it’s an indoor snow slope in England, so not quite the same! I’m still looking forward to it though.

@jaifaim – I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better. Good luck on your FD today. I’m with you!

I’m adding myself to the pocket list for today. We can do it!
    Pocket List Day 14
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dingping
    @aglowworm

Day 14, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

I had 800 cals yesterday and found it much harder than having 500 cals. With 500 cals I know what I can get in, had problems to fill the left over calories with healthy food. A 500 cals FD seems to work better for me, don’t want to think about food too much on FDs, I’m a person of habits it seems.

@aglowworm we posted the same time. When I think I’m going to derail on a FD, I also try the water and teeth brushing first, if this doesn’t help I go upstairs and reorganize whatever needs to be reorganized. I always find something. That’s a great loss, well done!

@jaifaim I’m glad you feel better today. I’ve been looking for the banana-wallnut bread but couldn’t find it. Could you give me the link?

@ciren2 how nice to see a small weight loss; every cloud has it’s silver lining!

@metatauta thank you for explaining the hula hoop movement, I also moved my hips and totally failed.

@bluesqueak I remember how chuffed I was when I could get my jeans over my hips, very thight but it was a breaktrough. I knew they would fit me well again, they still do.

@daffodil2010 go girl!

@annemarilyn well done, 4 lbs gone already!

@michelinme you don’t seem to be a person who gives up easily but your life is so full. I always wonder how much you can do in a day.

@gretta congratulations on winning the semi-final. When will the final be? Perhaps tell your GP you were on holiday.

@ann1239 some foods are unexpectedly high in calories, always a disappointment when you like them.

@dingping I always think the dough is better than the cake and try to get it in the oven as fast as I can and wash up the mixing bowl straight away. Too tempting for me. The ironworkers brought back the repaired and repainted things and just finished putting everything back in place. They did such a good job, it’s a pity everything is done now. It looks great, all the ironwork is in ultramarine now, it looks so bright and joyful.

“It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you don’t stop.” Confucius

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 14, London, UK, FD800,

Thanks @dingping, I’m glad I could give you a chuckle, unfortunately I’m only surrounded by people who just THINK they’re funny!!! LOL, actually I’m one of those people we groan at, who laugh at their own jokes!!!! If I could tickle myself I would be set for life!!!!

@aglowworm, I use the ‘KITCHEN IS CLOSED’ rule which requires a certain amount of willpower which, I admit, is sometimes non-existent!!! I also know hands down that just ONE single solitary nibble, try, taste or bite sets off the avalanche ……………… so I just don’t do it, sometimes I say ‘darn it’ (or words to that effect!!!) and succumb, then spend anxious hours debating with myself before finally giving in, best not to even start nibbling & barricade the kitchen door in my case!!!

@daffodil2010, don’t tell her, but @metatauta is scaring me with her enthusiasm for the hoop!!!! My waist will thank me though; I need to pull my finger out this weekend and clear a space and get the rug out since the clatter of the hoop on the wooden floors will drive me insane…………… and there WILL be clattering!!!! Level 3 is a breeze compared to level 2 where I distinctly see an evil glint in Jillian’s eyes when she does that squat ‘V’ arm thing that makes my arms turn to jelly!! Are you seeing ribs defined now? ………………….. I’d never seen mine in my adult life until 30DS!!!

@bluesqueak congrats on the size 14’s, it’s a milestone!!!! I’ve gone from an 18 to a 10-12 although I’m still wearing some 14’s because they’re practically new!! Make sure you wear the stuff you have wedged into the back of the wardrobe otherwise you’ll make discoveries that no longer fit!!! I skipped over the size 16’s before I knew it; and my best advice is …………….. wear that ballgown to the supermarket, ‘cause it’ll be too big in a few weeks and you’ll have missed an opportunity to look FABULOUS!!!!!

Well done @annemarilyn, you’re killing those lengthy fasts!!! I think I’ll try a 40+hr fast during the summer, fasting in the cold is too much for me, I’m not sure how you manage ………………. Willpower????? Hula hoop tip, the bigger the hoop, the easier the Hula-ing(?) If you stand it upright, it should come to just above your belly button if I remember correctly.

@matpi, where has PI day been all my life????……………… love the slogan too!!!

Just a thought, but I wonder how @fatrabbit is getting along? Aaah, just checked her out once her handle was posted, now, I’ll have a chance catch-up on all things rabbity!!!!

Keep the faith people, we’ve GOT this!!!!

Day 14 Wales NFD

Hope everyone who has been under the weather is on the mend x

Day-14-Atlanta, Ga. -USA

Got in some cardio this morning. I did 30 mins. on the stairs. Slowly building myself back up to 45mins. Gonna do a FD today just because. I’m seeing positive results and I want to keep on pushing. Good day to you all! We’re almost half way through!

Day 14: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Thanks again, for all your good wishes.
    May be turning a corner after 11 days of this rotten illness. Feel less heady and tired. Lots of coughing fits, but nose less stuffed up. I rang the boss offering to come into work tomorrow, but he actually suggested that (as he has the rounds covered) I stay off till next week in order to be truly recovered! I haven’t been outside since Monday, so maybe I could try walking the dog….as long as it doesn’t pour with rain, of course…
    I’ll look in again later. xx

Day 14 Melb Aust FD800 (accidentally), 10:45 p.m.

Was very happy today – the doc told me my cholesterol is now in the normal range, so I’m thrilled. I don’t think he really believes it, so has asked me to have another test done in another 3 months (when I’ll be much lighter again! 🙂 ). I’ve lost 9.7 kg overall since I started this WOL late November last year – about 21 lbs for non-metrics. Still have a long way to go, but…. it’s working.

Glad to read that @ciren2 & ?@jaifaim are feeling better.

@gretta, congrats on winning the semi – now the final will be coming up. Good luck with that.

Another FD800 tomorrow, and we’ll see what the scales say a.m. Saturday.

Keep on keeping on, everyone!

Day 14 Canton OH CD Quick check in. I skimmed the posts

@flourbaby and @ Betsylee congrats! Same to @gretta. I miss the days when I could leisurely read and comment on posts, but those days will come back I know.

have a great day people 🙂

Day 14 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I’m behind on posts, hope you’re all doing OK. I’ve found myself sucked into the media coverage of the Parliamentary Brexit debates and voting…..I feel like I’m rubber necking the worst car crash ever 😱

Second batch of kefir thickened in half the time of my initial batch and tastes even better. DH has now said he will start having a daily dose so I will have to up production. DH has IBS so I’m hoping the kefir will improve his gut health.

Pocket List Day 14
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dingping
    @aglowworm
    @missybear

Together we are stronger 😊

Day 14, Germany, F800
    Ups, I Just noticed that I must have forgotten to submit my post last night 🙈
    Well, I’m doing good, still in 800 cals mode. Day 4 today and I realize it is getting easier now. Somehow I don’t really feel like I am losing weight 🤷‍♀️. I hope I’m wrong and will be pleased on the scale on Saturday…
    I am just honestly a bit scared about breaking my fast sooner or later. Often I find the DAFDs the hardest 😟
    Do you have any Tipps or advice for those days? Especially after couple of fds in a row…
    Good thing is that my new book (f800) arrived today 😀. Might help to read it soon!!!

Pocket List Day 14
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dingping
    @aglowworm
    @miraclelou
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

@betsylee: Congratulations on the normal cholesterol result!
    @missybear: I know what you mean about Brexit. What happened???

Day 14 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Enjoyed my feasting day yesterday and began a new fast after my last bite yesterday at about 5:15 PM. I plan to go until lunch with friends from the card making class tomorrow; so should be about 43 hours.

@flourbaby – in cold weather, I drink a lot of warm drinks on a fast: warm water with a little lime or lemon, herbal teas, some black coffee (sometimes, if I’m feeling the need I use a crutch & add a little cream – not milk because I’m doing low-carb or some nut milk; at least I’m not breaking the fast from a weight-loss sense. In the summer, I’m planning on doing a true water, zero calorie, 5 day fast. I’ve learned that what really sets me up for a successful EF (extended fast) is what I eat leading up to it. Healthy fat is so important (often avocado based). It helps the body switch to burning the body’s fat for fuel which is what many of us are trying to get rid of 🙂
    @the realwil78 – 30 min on the stairs? Is that the stair machine? That’s a workout! I remember building a minute at a time and only got to 7 minutes before heading to Peru a year ago with all our big stepping at Machu Picchu.

@ciren2 – how great that your boss has the perspective he does and has worked out for you to have a sub through the rest of this week. Hopefully it can help you relax as you focus solely on getting well!

@miraclelou – Regarding DAFDs, I think it’s important to eat slowly enough so one enjoys the food plus eat only until satisfied; not stuffed. Listen to the body. When full, stop! Sometimes I wrap something and put it into the fridge for another time. I have been learning this especially with the longer fasts. Reintroducing solid food needs to be slow and gentle.

Pocket List Day 14
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @dingping
    @aglowworm
    @miraclelou
    @annemarilyn

Day 14 UK FD

Fabulous day today inc arts festival this evening, but another v long one. Shopped & stocked up on lots of veg, beans and a few vegan easy proteins (koftas, mushroom sausages) as well as sweet potato wraps. Feeling a little more organised – can’t believe I went vegan with so little prep and ahead of a really busy week!!! Going to enjoy bread-making with vegan yogurt at the weekend, and making some bean dips & other dishes for the freezer… and some kefir 🙂

Meanwhile a successful FD thus far – a tiny heel of sweet potato & raisin bread, 3 clementines & two throat sweets have kept me going all day. Now defrosting vegan chilli in microwave for v late supper. Looking forward to weekly measure & weigh day tomorrow bc I have a feeling I might actually, finally be off my 7 month plateau…

Super busy week is nearly done and it’s been replete with interesting people, conversations and events – now I need to process it all! So Looking forward to desk-based catch up day while my expert friend seriously sorts out my garden, and to Saturday’s hermit day while I watch Six Nstions and enjoy the relief of solitude. And two wonderfully early nights 🙂

@matpi thank you for the link – and feel better soon 🙂
    @gretta congrats on your netball victory!
    @ciren2 hope you are feeling better xx
    @flourbaby did I miss a whoosh??? these are community celebrations… Yay for you!! (And not least for going from size 18 to 10-12 – epic!!!)

@jaifaim thank you – it is delicious! I’ll try to remember to post a recipe at the weekend 🙂 V glad you are feeling better.. that familiar go out get sick come back get better rinse & repeat 🙁
    @snowflake56 I don’t know how long things will take so I just put them in and do them… leftover things get carried until they fit or fall off the radar. Insatiable curiosity, everlasting interest, love of Life? It’s apparently a neurodivergent trait – one of very many 🙂 Plus I don’t watch tv, live on my own etc so of course have fewer distractions 😀
    @basyjames hope you are doing OK? It’s always good to see your posts, and hope life settles down soon x

Microwave has pinged and it’s already bedtime… onwards & downwards xx

2nd post

LFD all day, but it’s now bedtime and the hunger called too hard, so have just had a small piece of my Oatbran bread with ham and mustard and a cup of tea. In bed now, teeth washed, kitchen closed.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow’s (hopefully) crossing of the plateau line. ☘☘☘

Night night.

Day 14 London UK FD800

Managed a good fast day today, but a super busy day. You know it’s bad when I’m still typing work emails at 9pm… so I’m sitting here sipping warm water and telling myself firmly that I’m on a 12:12 eating pattern and my 12 hour eating period is OVER. 😉

@greta – well done on your win!

@aglowworm – great on the weight loss! Nearly three-quarters of a stone – that’s a lot. 😀

@snowflake56 – it’s funny, isn’t it? There seems to be a ‘right fasting level’ for people, and for some it’s 500 and for some it’s 800. When I tried 500 I found I was getting really bad tempered on fasting days, but with 800 calories I’m bouncing around like the Energizer bunny.

Thanks, @flourbaby – I assure you I’ve been dragging things out of the cupboard and thinking ‘soon, soon my precioussss’. 🙂 My scales may be on a plateau, but the size 14’s are already feeling a bit less tight.

@ciren2 – good on your boss! Hope the extra days off mean you get rid of this bug and get properly well.

@Betseylee – that’s excellent news about the cholesterol.

@missybear – Brexit debates are a black hole, beginning to resemble that episode in Fawlty Towers where everyone goes ‘Don’t mention the War!’ Only now it’s ‘Don’t mention Brexit!’

Day 14, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Days going by so fast. Pi Day and I resisted buying a pie 🥧 for $3.14 from my fabulous bakery!
    @annemarilyn: You sent the snow to us for sure, now we sent it to Colorado and further! 🌨😊😄

Hope everyone had a good Thursday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 15 – Japan – WFD (#21 in 2019)

Pi Day over, time to fast.

Day 14 Ohio, US — NFD (85 bites)

A good NFD. I definitely am feeling better, so I was able to go for some more deep tissue work this afternoon. While I’ve been wiped out since then, everything seems to be in the normal range.

@bluesqueak Congrats on keeping in there with your FD, even with all the busy-ness. Hope that your work matters settle down soon!

@michelinme Oh my! Sounds like you’re tackling a lot this week, and tackling it successfully. When I went vegetarian I was on an eight-week road trip. Having someone else(i.e., restaurants) do all the cooking made the transition very easy.

Hope everyone has had a great PI day!!

Day 14 Minnesota, USA CD
    Today turned into a 1200 cal day instead of a FD. Planning a FD tomorrow.
    I’m really hoping to catch up on reading posts tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone!

Day 14- Ohio nfd

Learned that high 40’sF in morning is still not high enough for sweatshirt when exercising (at least not with wind). Upside, I found a spot where I can picture doing some stretches and definitely will add in the side workouts from the walking path once the land dries so that the stuff is more secure. Also had a moment of happiness: bought a new raincoat that I needed and it is too big. I still will wear it because I can almost wear it with my backpack under but it was a nice surprise anyway.

Day 15 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Kitchen closed at 547cal yesterday, despite feeling pretty rubbish, so I’m pleased with that. Heading down the coast for a wedding of a good friend this weekend, so will try and keep the carb count low, but no doubt there’ll be a few indulgences. And will thoroughly enjoy every minute (no matter the carb, or wine count) 

I didnt manage to lean out post Honeymoon as much as I would have liked, but the dress still fits (and anyway, no one will be looking at me!!). The wedding is due to be held at the Yacht club down by the beach, and the weather is looking perfect.

@snowflake56 good idea about informing the GP of travels, though I suspect it may be low iron (hopefully it’s not anything more serious!)
    Thanks for all the netball support!! The grand final is next Wednesday, so I’ll let you know how it goes. The team we’re playing we have faced off against a few times in the past, always a close match!
    @flourbaby I also suffer the nibble avalanche.
    @miraclelou I also struggle on DAFDs –keen for suggestions too!
    @annemarilyn good suggestion on slowing down on the eating front, it’s definitely something that I need to work on. Will try and be mindful of eating speed.

Happy Friday everyone!

Day 15 – Manchester, England – NFD

I’m finding it so inspirational hearing about people clothes size reducing stories – @flourbaby, @bluesqueak and everyone else: Well Done! I have a whole wardrobe of clothes that I can’t fit into any more (for the wrong reasons). I’ve refused to throw them out and now I finally feel that I might actually be able to succeed in getting back into them, not just ‘some day’, but hopefully in the not too distant future.

FD went well yesterday. I hope everyone else who was fasting had a good day too.

@betsylee – that’s a great result! Well done. It’s funny that your doctor can’t quite believe it!

@missybear – I’ve been rubbernecking the Brexit car crash too. There is so much going on!

@daffodil2010 – good luck with the weigh and getting off that plateau.

Day 15, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

Who would have thought there is something sweet I really don’t like. I found it yesterday: Hokey Pokey or honeycomb. I liked the experiment but dislike the taste so it landed in the bin. On my search for new recipes I also tried crab eggs benedict and found out I don’t like hollandaise sauce. The skinny spag bol from the 5:2 book had a strange combination of herbs and spices and the wrong ratio of meat and vegetables, so won’t make that again. No wonder it’s skinny if you leave out the pasta and cheese.

@aglowworm I made the harissa chicken yesterday, it’s really good, so moist and not too hot. I mixed the harissa with butter and then put it under the skin. I didn’t eat the sauce, just tasted it, my DH had it, he liked it. It’s a keeper! I rehung my clothes in the wardrobe from large to small and took the too large ones out as soon as I got to the lower size. Just stay here and you’ll fit in those clothes soon and not “one day”.

@ciren2 how wise of your boss to let you stay at home until fully recovered. Make the best of the next days so you will be well on Monday.

@betsylee congratulations on the normal cholesterol. did he have any comments on the weight loss?

@miraclelou how do your clothes fit? Weight loss doesn’t always show on the scales immediately. I have the opposite after a FD or a few days in a row, I feel so great I could go on. @annemarilyn has a great experience in this , her advice sounds good.

@michelinme I so hope you get off that plateau, it would be well-deserved.

@bluesqueak somehow your handle is the hardes one to write, I’m more udes to eau. Do you have to work so late, can’t you leave the emails until the next day?

@hieiren that must have been a pleasant surprise, there will be more on your way to your goal weight.

@gretta I’m sure you’ll look pretty and will be noticed at the wedding. Do you eat red meat? I tend to be a bit low on the iron so try to eat red meat once a week.

Time to get up and pick up the paintbrush again, I want to get the parquet in but have to finish the paintwork first.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishmnt.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

@

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Just 0.6 of a pound between me and the edge of the plateau. So, it’s going to be soon, soon my preciousssssss (quoting @bluesqueak) ☺️ Just not right now.

Hope you managed to get past the plateau line @michelinme.

However, I have lost another half inch from my waist, plus, @flourbaby there is a shadowy something around my ribcage, very unfamiliar sight! Lots of podgy tum bits still to go (why oh why oh why did I not do a few ab crunches a day when I was losing the weight…30lbs down and although arms look great from the daily dumbbell curls, I ignored my tum…now it’s flabby 😨). Hopefully the 30DS and beyond will sort that out somewhat.

Today is the Friday of the St Patrick’s Day bank holiday weekend. My company always provide a cooked breakfast of sausages, bacon, eggs, baguettes, butter etc on the Friday before the bank holiday. I am actually looking forward to it! Will try to skip the baguette and I don’t like bacon, but a sausage and fried egg….I am having that!! If I make a sausage butty with the baguette, I won’t beat myself up, but will try to skip the white Baguette with butter ☘

As for the weekend ahead….well, the builders have all but finished in Dads house so one of my brothers is now sanding and painting, so I have promised to come down tomorrow morning for a mega vacuuming and clean up session. Sunday we bring Dad out for lunch then pints of Guinness in his club with his mates. It’s St Patrick’s Day on Sunday so he got one of my brothers to buy him a green tie for the occasion. Sweet ☺️

Have a lovely Friday everyone. Keep on keeping on. Even when it feels like you are stuck in a rut, on a plateau, not going anywhere, think back to how you were before you started this WOL, take stock, gird your loins, and continue on.

Day 15 Belfast FD

I went to post yesterday and was blocked. Hopefully that’s it fixed now. I don’t like being a persona non grata!
    Lots of people are posting of excellent losses. Well done everyone. Despite the scales not singing the right tune, my dog walking trousers are falling down as I walk around the forest. (Not a pretty sight lol!) One more item for the ever growing pile for recycling/charity shop.

@bluesqueak – well done on those size 14’s. There’s nothing more motivating than smaller clothes!
    @songbirdme ‘bluebird day ‘ – what an evocative description.
    @gretta – how great to play competitive sport. Well done on your win.
    @betsylee – fantastic result on both your cholesterol reading and your weight loss. Keep it up!
    @missybear – glad your kefir is working well. I wonder if you can cook with it? I was wondering about making @michelinme’s loaf with it. The ‘B’ word is banned in our house! Sick to the core.
    @daffodil2010- grate news on your building work. Enjoy your outing with your dad.
    @rainbowsmile – if you’re lurking out there, my HP moustache is getting smaller! Missing you!
    @snowflake – what an amazing array of motivational quotes you come up with. Fantastic!

Wishing all of those who are feeling under the weather a speedy recovery.

What awful news about the shootings in Christchurch. Thinking of all those who have lost loved ones or are wounded in the carnage.

Off with our caravan for the first outing of the season. Snow is forecast so all the more reason to bunker down in the pub and watch the rugby!

We rise by lifting others
    Onward and downward

Day 15 Wales Planned Feast Day

Can’t believe that March is half done already!!
    Another 2lb and 1cm off waist gone, so very happy with that 😁
    Epic walking pub crawl with hubby and woofit again today, good chance we’ll get blown away, lol.

Glad all our poorly one’s appear to be on the mend, keep being kind to yourselves 💖

Love reading everyone’s posts, such an inspiration x

I too have been rubbernecking the Brexit debarcle, after yesterday, I seriously do not know what to say, parliament was like the hokey cokey, in out in out shake if all about!! Anyways, have a good day all, 🌈

Post 2
    Had not seen the news, when I posted. All my love and sympathy is given to the people of Christchurch. x

Day 15, London, UK, NFD

It’s a quick post today as I’m off to pilates in a minute.

Another carastrophic event in our world, sending love & healing to those affected in NZ.xxx

I’m out tonight for a catch-up meal with a friend, Thai, no doubt!!! I hope to stay a little mindful ………………. or throw caution to the wind!!!

Happy fasting Friday folks!!!!

Day 15 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD turned into CD after late evening supper segued into pudding…. not enjoying the vegan yogurt yet but once I’ve eaten up what’s in the fridge I’ll trying making my own

Weekly weigh day and… I’m still on the plateau! But lost 0.25″ from waist, hips & carbastic tum, making a total of 1lb and 0.5″ all over so far this month. I’ll take that!! Also realised that weight fluctuation is at a lower level – instead of 143-147, it’s 143-145 – usually the sign that something good is happening 🙂 I can bide my time and keep plodding on.

Quiet catch up day has turned into a busier one – skype with struggling friend at 5pm & DD popping round for a cuppa before that. Lovely that she can when working from home & no doubt I’ll look back fondly in years ahead 🙂 Must get some stretching & meditation in quick before friend arrives to garden!!!

So sad about the attack in Christchurch, and sending love to our NZ friends as your country mourns xx Makes me more determined to build connections, celebrate difference and respond to uncertainty with hope

2nd post

@snowflake56 – I’m so happy you loved the harissa chicken – yey! And I absolutely LOVE your idea of ordering clothes in the wardrobe, and then I can work through them and see my progress that way. That’s a wonderful job to do the next time I need to distract myself from wanting food.

@daffodil2010 – have a wonderful St Patrick’s weekend! That breakfast sounds awesome.

Such terrible news about Christchurch. I have a lot of NZ friends and I know that this is not the NZ they know and love. So very sad.

Day 15 – USA – NFD

I am late joining the March Challenge party but hope it’s ok if I join you for the second half of March!

SW 158lbs (January 12)
    CW 143 (-15lb so far – good riddance!)
    GW 135

On FD I skip breakfast, do fasted light cardio and eat 500 cals.
    On NFD I eat to my goal weight TDEE and do either strength training or more demanding cardio.

I discovered the 5:2 diet in January and I’ve been a loser ever since. 😉 I think I’ve hit my stride with IF and gotten to the point where I can rest on autopilot on FD.

I actually look forward to my FD’s, as I feel like I have more mental focus and time to spend on things other than food! I also find that satisfying my food cravings within reason on NFD keeps me on track without feeling deprived. I am normally a binger, but that seems to have gone away. My highest weight ever was 10 years ago when I topped out at 215lbs (like I said, I’m a binger :).

The unexpected side effect of the intermittent fasting is that I am somehow able to stick to proper portion sizes. It must be that the fasting has shrunk my stomach. Anyway, I don’t feel constantly hungry like I used to before 5:2 and the decreased hunger has helped me be more successful and learn moderation!

As far as goals, I have a goal of losing 1-2 more pounds this month. Hubs and I are taking a trip to Las Vegas in May, so hoping to be my fittest EVER by then!

Sisters and brothers around the world, I join with you in mourning the passing of 49 souls in NZ. In comparison, my weight loss journey seems almost too insignificant to even post today. My prayers go up and my heart bleeds.

Peace. See you tomorrow!

Day 15 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Still hovering around the top of my maintenance range which is OK but I would prefer to shift the couple of pounds I gained during birthday celebration February. It looks like I may need to do lower calorie FDs or try 4:3 for a few weeks…..but I’m not really motivated to during cold, wet and windy days …..but if there is no downwards movement by the end of March I will need a change of routine to shift me off this plateau in April.

@debster251 I read that kefir can be used successfully in baking but cooking with it will kill the beneficial bacteria. Perhaps it would make good salad dressings? Enjoy your caravan trip.

Onwards and hopefully downwards 🙃

2nd post

@fiftyandfabulous welcome and congratulations on your success so far 👏

Day 15 USA (Illinois – home now) CD

Anniversary Day for me! Happy to remember March 15, 2016 when I began this fabulous WOL – lost 35 pounds that year, and with all of your help, I’ve been able to keep it off. Yeah for 5:2 and now for me 6:1.

Onward and downward.

Day 15, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Will be doing Qigong and Tai Chi practice shortly, then skyping with my best friend in Austria, and then…I am trying out a new hair salon. Color, high lights, hair cut. I am very afraid… Hope it will turn out ok. Once it is done there is not much one can do…

Have a good Friday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 15 – Ireland – CD

Feeling much better again today, thank you all so much! This is a very kind and caring space when you’re feeling rubbish…💕
    My body must think its holiday time already as have found it difficult to stay away from office treats today… 😱
    I seem now to be hovering on a lower weight this week and it may be because I was ill earlier in the week but it’s inevitable that I’ll bob back up by et least 3-4lbs with the ski holiday… I’m really looking forward to it as it’s an annual catch up with friends from lots of different countries where we all stay in the same chalet and I’ll be back in France so lots of good food and drink (yes… there will be drink after just three nights of alcohol consumption this year) 😇 i really have surprised myself with my resolve to only drink when it really is a special event…but… I don’t mind having foggy brain on hols (actually I only really notice my foggy brain in work so that’s good 🤣). Many of my friends just do not understand it though…..

Yesterday and today have been so so busy in work trying to get everything done so have not had a chance to pop up the banana walnut bread recipe but will do that later tonight and will read through the rest of your posts…

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 15: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Lost a lot of sleep again last night….it’s the coughing now, nearly chokes me at times, once I go to bed. I have an asthmatic cough, which is normally well controlled, but the last 12 days of illness has done for that. Otherwise, I continue to mend.
    Walked the dog twice today, so, increasing my walking and time outside. After all, next week I have to be back on deliveries!

Sending love and condolences to NZ; so many wicked people in the world, sadly.
    @songbirdme: Congratulations on your 5:2 anniversary.
    @fiftyandfabulous: Welcome, and what a great start!
    @russetfox: feeling pretty disgusted with our “representatives” in parliament too.

Day 16, Wellington, NZ

I’ve lost the plot these last two weeks, so just here to check in. At a music festival -WOMAD – and the vibe is lovely.

But it’s a terrible time as our country loses its innocence.

Day 15, Germany, CD
    Hey there! Had planned to do my 5th FD 800 in a row today, but since I didn’t count cals, I’ll rather call it a CD. had my first meal at 2pm though – except my kombucha at 1pm.
    @annemarilyn thank you for your advice! Slower eating is definitly a key for me! And chewing my bites more often! I will try to bear that in mind tomorrow when I will break my fast.
    I am thinking to stay with the 16:8 or at least 14:10 on a daily basis 😊
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️

ok planned feast has deteriorated into EFS!!!! Too much alcohol and sentimentality.

Day 15 London UK FD800

Just a quick check in – weight went down on the scales this morning and I managed the RCAF exercises this evening; hopefully I’ll start including them in my routine.

We prayed for New Zealand and Christchurch this morning.

Day 15 Ohio, US — NFD (84 bites)

Things felt pretty good this morning, so I started the day as a FD, but late in the morning I got flushed, dizzy, and nauseous, so had a couple of granola bars. I guess things aren’t quite back to normal yet.

Peace to all the Moslem families struck by this tragedy. The Moslem students at school were very much shaken, so peace to all!

@ciren2 Hope you’re on the mend fast!

@songbirdme Congratulations on the anniversary! You’re a great role model for us newbies!

Day 16 – Japan – NFD

The zero calorie fast was easy. Now the hard part, controlling my eating.

Day 16, Germany, NFD
    Had such a disappointing weigh in this morning! After 4 days with 800 cals and 1 day when I didn’t count but definitely was under 1000 cals I lost excactly ZERO grams,!! 😭😭😭
    Yes, I know the theory: water retention (had salty soup yesterday) and also a little obstipation… STILL: it feels so unfair!!! Sorry, I really had to say that! 😔
    Well, nevertheless I won’t give up and will look forward! I feel thinner at least! And it is also much harder to lose the last 2 or 3 kg, I know that, too.
    Want to integrate a TRE in my habits every day for the health benefits and also I think it makes it easier to stay within my TDEE on NFDs. I’ll try to go for 16:8 on most days but it’s ok if there are days with 14:6 or 12:12 sometimes.
    I will be at a cold lunch Buffet today with lots of breadroll stuff. This will be challenging but I have planned my portion size and will stick to it!
    @songbirdme So great to read that this WOL works on a long time basis! Congratulations!! 😀👍👏
    Wish you all a good day with lots of energy and healthy food choices!
    Onwards and downwards ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Day 16, Emden Germany, LFD

Good morning everyone!

My heart goes out to everyone affected by the shootings in Christchurch. It’s just so sad.

@dingping I missed your post yesterday, I hope you’re fine. Are you with me today?

@daffodil2010 when can your Dad move back in, is he able to do it? Enjoy your weekend!

@debster251 caravaning in the snow? Brrr, enjoy your time in the pub, stay warm!

@russetfox I’m also one that derailed yesterday, let’s do a good FD to even it out.

@michelinme a small but motivating loss, you’re heading in the right direction.

@fiftyandfabulous a warm welcome to you, never too late to join us. You’re doing so well, you really found something that works for you. I put your name on the spreadsheet, the link is on the first page, in case you want to use it.

@missybear my motivation is way better in the summer where I wear dresses. Nothing to show off in jeans and loose jumpers. But the warmer days are in sight.

@songbirdme congratulations on your 5:2 anniversary!

@miraclelou I agree, it’s not fair! But you know the loss doesn’t show immediately, it takes time. Just go on and try to make healthy choices.

I put everyone I found on the spreadsheet on today’s pocket list plus you @dingping.

Pocket list day 16

@snowflake56 LFD
    @dingping
    @ann1239
    @bluesqueak FD800
    @elektron FD800
    @russetfox

“Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” Dalai Lama

Day 16, London, UK, NFD,

Welcome @fiftyandfabulous, I love your opening post!!! Fabulous results in just 2 months; I’m guessing you’re feeling like the rest of us have at one point or another …………………. Where has 5:2 been all of my dieting life???!!!! This WOL really is the only thing I’ve EVER done to lose weight that worked & is sustainable (who ever stuck to a ‘diet’ for 2yrs+??) AND it’s resulted in a better (not perfect!!) relationship with food!!

Happy 5:2 Anniversary @songbirdme, I don’t think I would still be here without the inspiration of maintainers like you and @at.

Wet, windy & stormy in London this morning ……………… comfy chair, good book & a bottle of Malbec will certainly call my name this afternoon!!!!

Stay strong everyone!!

Day 16: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

@flourbaby: Agree with you that the maintainers on here inspire me too.
    Still stuck with the illness. Coughing etc. My poor throat feels ravaged! Top of my chest feels sore too.
    If the stormy weather would go away, it might help…

Day 16 – NFD
    Day 14 – 15 – F800

A big hug to all our Kiwi friends and to those who have family/friends over there – I was very relieved to hear from an old girlfriend who lives in the area – I do hope that you and yours are all OK 🤗 and so sad to read of yet more fatal stabbings here in the UK – what on earth makes people behave in such a way – such sadness at what humanity does to itself 😢😢

Well after a pretty bad week last week with both food and wine – I surprised myself this week with managing to do 5 FDs in a row starting with a 200cal Monday, 800cal Tuesday, 500cal Wednesday and 800cal Thursday and Friday! Hopefully this will have RESET my mental approach once more and weight this morning is 54.4kg/119.9lbs so definitely back in my happy place 💃 but would love to drop back to under 54kg to give me a bit more wriggle room………..
    I will have to admit that it took some discipline – I struggled at times and had to work hard to keep my focus – Plenty of exercise during the week helped and the reward of a deep tissue massage on Wednesday and a lovely facial yesterday helped a lot!

Hoping today will be an alcohol free CD but the weather out there is horrible – very windy and wet – I’m sitting up in bed listening to the rain against the bedroom windows and not wishing to be anywhere else at the moment and there is the Rugby to look forward to especially the Wales v Ireland match as Wales could wrap up the title and complete their first tournament clean sweep since 2012 @missybear @russetfox and any other Welsh friends out there

Tomorrow I have all day Yoga workshop to look forward to and the weather forecast looks much better than today🤞This is what our fabulous teacher has planned for our Spring Equinox Day!
    “Spring is an important time to cleanse and detoxify which will lead the focus of the day. The workshop will also be a good opportunity to set new intentions and plant seeds for positive changes in our lives. The practice will include cleansing postures, breathing techniques to cleanse the lungs, twisting poses for detoxification, and work in the inner and outer legs where earth and water elements may have accumulated over the winter. We will also meditate and explore peacefulness though Yoga Nidra.” 🧘‍♀️🙏 We do a hard morning of 2 x 1.5hr session with a 10 min break between sessions. We then have a late scrummy but light homemade veggie lunch with plenty of fruit and herbal teas available during the day. After lunch a short walk to explore the surrounding old woodland before coming back for some meditation and a session of Yoga Nidra to end the day…………..Bliss…………….So looking forward to the day and I have 3 other yoga friends coming along with me ☺️

@ann1239 – sorry but I don’t normally follow the F800 – I have been in maintenance since December 2016 but had a pretty of the scale week last week so wanted to press my mental RESET button hence the very controlled week!
    @redrockgirl302 – sounds like you are having the amount of snow that we are having in rain over here – so much rain this past week that the fells around me are all saturated and our rivers and streams are overflowing – made for some very muddy and wet walks this past week but we have some drier weather to look forward to starting tomorrow 🤞How did the haircut and colour go? hopefully you feel fab and love it!
    @aglowworm – Re your question about techniques we use for distracting ourselves from thinking about wanting food – I find drinking a glass of water slowly helpful and then I find something to do as that helps takes my mind of food, logging on here to read and post is useful too – good luck! Well done on dropping those 9lbs since 20 February 👍
    @annemarilyn – well done on getting rid of those 4lbs from your road trip – easy come = easy go!
    @bluesqueak – well done on those size 14 – a milestone!
    @songbirdme – your bluebird ski day sounded fabulous ⛷ and brought back fond memories of my ski days. Happy 3rd 5:2 Anniversary to you! I started my 5:2 journey in January of the same year but did not join the challenges until the November. I think that we are proof that this WOE does work and is certainly feasible to live it as a permanent WOL !
    @michelinme – sounds like you are on track for your Lenten Vegan and I’ll be with you this afternoon with an afternoon of watching the Six Nations 🏉
    @gretta – congratulations on your team winning their netball semifinal
    @ciren2 – great to hear that your boss was sensible and supportive and telling you to stay away until next week – take care of yourself x
    @betsylee – wonderful news on your cholesterol levels and well done on those 9.7kg/21lbs dispatched since you started this WOL
    @miraclelou – Regarding DAFD – I find doing a 16:8 (so not breaking my fast until lunchtime useful and drinking plenty of water during the day – a glass drunk slowly whenever I think I’m hungry is helpful, I also try to keep to a no snacking rule (not always successfully I have to admit 😉)
    @snowflake56 – not fond of honeycomb too but do love hollandaise sauce – crab eggs Benedict 😋
    @daffodil2010 – the building work at your Dad’s has gone fast – happy cleaning tomorrow – rather you than me 😉
    @debster251 – good luck with your first caravan outing – weather forecast not brilliant!!!! Watching the rugby in the pub sounds the best idea…..
    @fiftyandfabulous – big welcome to you – never too late to join this amazingly supportive world wide forum and congratulations on those 15lbs dispatched since you started this WOL
    @miraclelou – keep the faith and remember sometimes there is a delay in seeing a drop after a series of FDs 🤞that you see have some positive news soon x

Hoping that all our poorly ones are turning the corner and wishing you a better week ahead 🤗

To all our Irish friends @daffodil2010 @debster251 @jaifaim (sorry if I have missed anyone) have a wonderful St Patrick’s weekend! ☘️☘️

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD

Travelling to the snow today and the usual rush to the airport etc. Will check in later today -in the meantime wishing you all a good day whether fasting or not…

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.