March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 909 total)

• Day 16 UK CD

Yesterday segued into a NFD bc snacking, but most of my snacking was my newly-discovered wonderfood….lentil cakes! Like rice cakes but made of lentils so packed with protein & only 39 calories each… Topped with mashed avo, leaves & seeds – or peanut butter! – they are a truly satisfying crunch. And best of all I don’t wake up puffy the way I do with most carbs ๐Ÿ™‚

DD came over yesterday PM with laptop bc WFH & struggling to keep focused. We took a room each & ploughed on in parallel – much more motivating than working alone. I’m rather daunted by how slow my brain is running with this ongoing cold and how much more there’s still to do ๐Ÿ™

Practical things are going better – I prepped another batch of veggie chilli while skyping with friend so now feel well-stocked for easy food. Today I’m going to experiment with a loaf made with oats & vegan gk yogurt, with nuts, raisins cinnamon & seeds. I’ll have to be super disciplined not to eat it all but hoping that saying it here will give me that accountability ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve just spent a distracted hour going through my wardrobe trying on clothes for a big service tomorrow. Been a bit more ruthless than previously and passing on dresses & skirts that are too big or no longer suit me. I never thought i would do that thing @flourbaby warns about,forgetting to try on smaller clothes and missing them out completely. But lo, 3 of my size 14 dresses are now hanging and have gone straight into the give away pile…. I’ve kept two to wear as oversize summer dresses.

Digging through the drawers I rediscovered a prized linen skirt from 1993, size 12…or whatever that was 26 years ago! Amazingly it actually Nearly Fitted… with only a tiny muffin top and an unsightly bulge underneath. But I’m happy to be a work in progress ๐Ÿ™‚ So my fat suit must have been shrinking away during this plateau time bc I’ve lost 6 inches but don’t have lots of loose skin. The wonders of 5:2 never cease to amaze me ๐Ÿ™‚

Rugby day – and usually one of my favourite days, but feeling more detached than usual. Maybe the sadness of NZ, the stormy weather or my fuggy, distracted head. I’ll enjoy rooting for Italy, Wales & Scotland (sorry Ireland – half of my dual heritage – but I’d love to see Wales win a Grand Slam). Going to do some gentle yoga & meditation before that match then continue with gentle pottering with the rugby on… nothing quite like pottering and clearing out to restore a sense of balance. Pottering, reading, rugby, listening to the birds & lots of sleep – what’s not to love?

2nd post

just decided to skip this FD, already had 2 this week, it should be enough.

@jaifaim have fun!

Day 16 Wales FD(maybe)

@snowflake barely holding on myself, if I start eating, I won’t stop !!! Worst fast day ever thanks to after effects from too much alcohol.

Positive point, Wales are winning, sorry my Irish friends xx

USA Day 16 NFD

Sorry I’ve been out of commission for a few days but am back! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sorry for what happened in New Zealand! Here in the U.S. we’ve had way too much of this, too! Hate has no boundaries!

Anyway, I’ve been trying to figure out my food plan again! It turns out that I’ve been eating all wrong for my thyroid medication to work. I knew I had to take it on an empty stomach and not eat until an hour later but there are a number of things I was never told!! I’ve been very tired for some time now and discovered my food plan works against the absorption of the medicine. I was taking it with coffee. A definite no no! Also, I have been trying to eat a high fiber diet. Also, a no no! You would think the doctor would have shared this with me. I started taking it correctly and now I am not tired anymore! Oh, well!

I am having a NFD today, as I am going to a St. Pat’s Day party! No alcohol but plenty of sweets! I hope everyone is having a great day!

3rd post

@russetfox I hope you made it. I started eating when my DH brought back fresh buns from work. Stayed under TDEE, so not too bad.

Day 16 second post

I’ve baked oat, almond, cinnamon & raisin bread using vegan Gk yogurt. It’s a v different consistency so will be trial & error for a while. Sliced & frozen 750g of the 850g loaf, posting here for accountability so i don’t pull it back out of the freeezer!

Spent another hour sorting thru tops & skirts. Amazingly I fit back into clothes I’ve not worn in about 10 years, tho some are baggy and a couple I’ve grown straight thru ie they are already too big to wear. I’ve said goodbye to a few old faves and can see that my whole wardrobe needs a revamp. And Definitely need to make some charity shop spaces over the next month or two or i’ll be naked come summer ๐Ÿ˜€

It feels like an arrival of a different sort, 8 months after I arrived at this weight. I now understand what people have meant when looking back fondly on their plateau; It’s a real shape-shifting time.

Goodness I’m wordy today ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 16 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

So appreciating the lovely sunshine and snow continuing to melt. I love the snow, but it’s nice to move toward spring.

@Fiftyand Fablulous – Welcome! What wonderful progress you’ve already made with this WOL.
    @songbirdme – Congrats on your 5:2 anniversary! You keep inspiring those of us who are on the way to where you are.
    @michelinme – How wonderful to shrink while on a plateau – 6 inches and not a lot of loose skin are amazing NSVs! Yes, definitely a shape-shifting time!

Okay need to check my list and head over to Trader Joe’s so I can make Keto friendly Shepherd’s Pie.

Praying for the folks in NZ! So sad! On a different note, here in the USA there was devastating weather in Nebraska resulting in destruction, heavy flooding with complete towns under water…

One foot in front of the other; we can do this!

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Busy day. No time to read posts. Will read tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good Saturday! โš˜โš˜โš˜

Day 16 Ohio, US — FD(#64)

A good FD. During the last ten days with no FD’s, no exercise, and a lot of resting, two pounds have crept on. Hopefully with today’s start the two steps back are a prelude to five forward! There were a couple of bouts of Raynaud’s symptoms today and that has me wondering a little. This winter there have been more bouts of those symptoms and I chalked that up to the super cold weather. But now it’s warmed up to just above freezing, so I thought that the number of bouts would go down. I do get cold when I fast, but I’ve never connected fasting with Raynaud’s symptoms. Does anyone have some insight about this?

@ccco I take thyroid medication also and always take it with water. I also wait to take my multivitamin/mineral tablet until lunch. I find that I can eat higher fiber food later in the day (i.e. supper) and all goes well. I find that experimentation is a really good thing here. Hope this helps!

@michelinme Lentil cakes sound great! Do you make them yourself?

Have a great St. Patrick’s Day everyone!

Day 17,Germany, NFD (16:8)
    The sun is shining and I am looking forward to go running in a few minutes! ๐ŸŒž
    Am also happy that I didn’t have any binge days in March (and also not in february!)
    So I am happy how things are going despite the frustrating weigh in yesterday!
    Onwards and downwards! โฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 17, Emden Germany, NFD

Wishing everyone a nice Sunday and for the ones celebrating Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

See you all tomorrow.

Day 17 -Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Happy St Patrick’s Day โ˜˜โ˜˜โ˜˜โ˜˜โ˜˜โ˜˜โ˜˜

Sun is shining, birds are singing, it’s Paddys Day and it’s a bank holiday. Woo hoo.

It took me ages to clean up and Hoover Dads house after the builders, plaster and dust ground into the carpets ๐Ÿ˜จ, BUT, I did it, and the house looks well. Now the painting of walls etc is ongoing. We still have to get mobility stuff for Dads room (we are converting the music room, where my Granny used to give piano lessons, into Dads new bedroom โ˜บ๏ธ), and he keeps asking when he can come home, but the Hospital haven’t said anything about his discharge yet.

Watched the rugby yesterday. Absolutely devastated for Ireland but well done Wales for grabbing the Grand Slam!

Today DH and I will join my brother and family and my Dad for lunch then onto Dads club for a few pints of St Patrick’s Day Guinness. I am designated driver so water for me. Hopefully home reasonable hour and might treat myself to a glass of wine then.

Have a great Sunday and a great La Feile Padraig โ˜˜

Day 17, Melb Aust., CD
    Day 16 NFD
    Day 15 FD800

Stepped on the scales yesterday morning – 76.2 kg, the lowest I’ve been for several years, and that means I’ve now lost 10.2 kg. Danger – can’t rest on my laurels, as there’s still 22 kg to go.

@snowflake56, re cholesterol, my doctor is just very cautious; he may be thinking that the normal cholesterol result was a fluke. Another one in 3 months may convince him otherwise (can hope so, anyway! ๐Ÿ™‚ )

@daffodil2010, Great that your ribcage is emerging; I’ve had the same feelings of “there it is at last!”.

@songbirdme, Congratulations on your weight loss anniversary – very encouraging for those of us along the trail.

@at, that includes you, too – you’re an inspiration to keep on keeping on and we’ll get there. You’re actually at about the weight I’m aiming for, so you stay there, and I’ll meet you there in several months time!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

@michelinme, how satisfying to be able to clean out some of your wardrobe because the clothes are too big. Such a nice feeling.

Day 17 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

It will be difficult to fast on my usual days next week so fasting today instead of tomorrow. Blue sky and sunshine so off for a walk. Have a good day everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 17 – Manchester, England – NFD
    Day 16 – NFD

Yesterday I was incredibly hungover after a great night out on Friday. I was going to go to see friends to watch the rugby, but decided it was best to watch from the safety of my sofa, given how rough I was feeling! Well done to Wales – very well deserved Grand Slam win!

Today, I’m relaxing at home. My hubby is away and will probably get back at about 5am tomorrow morning. I’m considering getting a Chinese takeaway tonight which is something I would normally do when he’s away. I can’t decide whether to or not!

It’s wonderful hearing stories from those of you who have been on this WoL for a long time. It’s really motivating and proves that it works.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Day 17, London, UK, NFD,

Happy St. Patricks’ Day!!!!

I hope everyone is having a mindful weekend, I’m desperately hanging onto this weeks losses and aiming NOT to self sabotage with the new variety of Pringles I just HAD to try!!! Typical!!!

I’ll be taking them to work tomorrow to ‘donate’ them to the guys in the office who don’t even know (or need to know!) what a calorie is!!!!

Onward & Downwards folks!!!

Day 17 Wales UK NFD

Happy St Patricks Day !!!

Managed to hold on to my fast yesterday with the help of Bovril and 10cal jelly, I have learnt yet again that I don’t want to over do drinkies. Could have gnawed the leg off a chair, even dreamt about food ๐Ÿ™

Anyways still not quite up to par, but it is a lovely sunny day after 2 days of torrential rain, so me and woofit will be off for a long stroll when I can get my lazy butt moving.

Have a good day all xx

Day 17 California FD
    Day 16 NFD

It is going to be lovely and warm today a perfect day for pulling all the weeds that grew because of the rain. Luckily the garden isnโ€™t big so Iโ€™m hoping to get that done in the morning and then go grocery shopping and have the afternoon to just relax.

Since Iโ€™m relatively close to my goal weight (4 lbs) I tried a few of my old jeans on but they still donโ€™t fit. Iโ€™m wondering of my age (51 almost 52)/stage of life has something to do with this and if this means my goal weight needs to be lower as I still have a bit of a stomach.

Day 17: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

At last I’m starting to feel better! I slept much better than of late, only a couple of coughing fits and no blocked nose to suffocate me in the night. I went to church this morning (unusually for me I missed last Sunday and Ash Wednesday, as I felt so ill), couldn’t sing very well as my throat is husky and a bit sore from coughing, but otherwise getting back to normal.
    One more day off and back to work on Tuesday. It’s my long weekend this week. Walking the dog twice a day and feeling less tired and worn out. DH also has the illness and is a few days behind me, but, thankfully, hasn’t had it so bad. It’s enough for him that he’s suffering with his back (spinal stenosis) and awaiting (he hopes) an operation. He’s seeing the consultant on Tuesday.

@rafiki44: You are probably finding that, because of your age, your shape has changed. A thickening of the waist, maybe. Certainly I found when I reached maintenance (for awhile) in 2016, my waist was about 5 inches bigger than it had been at that same weight 25 years previously. Good luck with those last few pounds…maybe some core strengthening exercises to whittle the waist?
    @flourbaby: Don’t TOUCH Pringles! I’ve heard they’re one of the most addictive things out there…

USA DAY 17 WFD

Happy Sr. Pat’s Day everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚ I am on a water fast today due to celebrating St. Pat’s yesterday at a party! I did have wine but that wasn’t what did me in ….. cookies and cupcakes were the culprits!! LOL However, I planned it that way but today I have to repair the damage!

matpi, thanks for the the thyroid medication advice! I will try what you said about the fiber later in the day. I have already stopped drinking coffee with my pill and I am not eating until an hour has passed. I am feeling much better, since that effort. Maybe I will get off this plateau now that I am correctly taking that pill.

Ciren2, I have that same waistline problem. It is frustrating but I know I have to accept that my waistline will never be what it was in my youth no matter how skinny I could make myself but that is the most stubborn part of my body to lose anything. I want to be healthy and the midsection is where it shows. I do plenty of core exercises and power walks (running, jogging, and walking are supposed to help with belly fat) and only hope to see some results!

Daffodil2010, you leave gotten so much exercise with all that work and you father should certainly appreciate it when he comes home.

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 17 Belfast :โ˜˜๏ธ
    Sitting in gloriousย  on this sunny St Patrick’s day. So much for the snow.
    Congratulations to all the Welsh contingent on the fabulous 6 Nations win yesterday. Well deserved but gutted all the same.
    Welcome @fiftyandfabulous.ย  Love your handle! Well done on your success so far.
    @ccco I’m curious about what you should eat with thyroid meds. I take thyroxine but never came across any particular dos and don’ts. I do take it with water but didn’t know anything about dietary fibre.
    @michelinme.- congratulations on that plateau re-shift. A reward for your hard work and perseverance for sure.
    Glad you’re on the mend @ciren2

I indulged in a couple of gins and some wine last night. That was the first this month and in retrospect I’m sorry I blemished my record! Back on the wagon again.

Enjoy what remains of this Sunday everyone

Day 17, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

Sunny day ๐ŸŒž, warmer, yeah! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    Off walking the doggie ๐Ÿ• ๐Ÿพ after Qigong and Tai Chi practice. Going later to the farm across the street to check on the baby animals! ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‡

Have a great Sunday everyone! โš˜โš˜โš˜

Second post:

@at: Haircut ๐Ÿ’‡โ€โ™€๏ธ and color turned out fabulous!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 17 UK NFD

Yesterday turned into a NFD… possibly even an EFS as the bread count crept upwards! But no sugar or other unhealthy stuff bc none in the house, so more a tired and eating 6 slices homemade bread sort of day. Woke up puffy, sluggish & tired – not the best start to a day! I’m increasingly thinking my body simply can’t do carbs no matter their glutaceousness

Special service at church, full on busy community time then lunch with community of refugees & asylum seekers. I think my body & brain were too tired to be out in public today but I love spending time with this group – they have so little but teach me so much about what’s really important in life

Full load this week but no meetings and lots of help, yay! Hoping to get on top of big report and small project things while majoring in early nights and self-care. Be fab to get on top of this cold virus, now entering week 4… Haven’t drunk enough water today either – perhaps need to focus on drinking ginger tea as I get shivery when drinking water. Really looking forward to Monday’s FD!

Happy St Patrick’s Day

@matpi i bought Kallo brand lentil cakes – definitely more rice cake than cake cake!! They’re in supermarkets in UK – perhaps Amazon or healthfood stores in US?

Onward & downward lovely people x

Day 17 – UK – F800

Fantastic Yoga Workshop today – feeling very chilled and relaxed this evening ๐Ÿ™ We even had sunshine for some of the day and sat outside for a light late lunch before a relaxing afternoon ending with a fabulous Yoga Nidra session!

Hope all our Irish friends had a wonderful St Patrick’s Day and did not celebrate too much ๐Ÿ˜‰

Off to an early bed time tonight ๐Ÿ˜ด after that Yoga Nidra

Day 17 USA-NFD

Question: do any of you have acid reflux disease? I have horrible acid reflux and I haven’t noticed that fasting helps it, but i’m not sure. Thoughts? Anyone think it has helped?

I think the ADF has helped improve my mood. I don’t appear to be suffering from my SAD (seasonal affective disorder) nearly as much this year. My mood seems stable and improved and I’m sleeping better.

I seem to have plateaued already but I do believe i’m getting smaller. Have had to buy smaller clothes; my “skinny” clothes are too baggy now (yay! happy dance!)

When I was on vacation I thought well, yes I am smaller but I think my legs appeared smoother in my bathing suit; I think fasting has helped in the “smoothing-out” of my legs but I don’t have concrete evidence.

Me:(to husband)”I think my thighs are smoother, I mean yes, they’re smaller but I think they look better and I don’t think it’s because I’m smaller; I think it’s the fasting. What do you think?

Husband:”You’re beautiful”

Me:”Yes, but what about my question, what do you think?”

Husband: “There is no way I can answer that question; any answer I give will be used against me;it’s a trap!”

He’s right, lol. We’ve been married almost 16 years and He’s a smart man:)

Day 17 – Japan – WFD (#22 in 2019)

So far a very good start. I ran this morning so I’m already over 10k steps today and it is only about 10am. While I’ll probably be feeling it a bit tonight, I run better fasted than after I’ve eaten. I’m also over 1300 calories burned so far so I’m trying to burn off my stored glycogen and get some fat burned!

My efforts moving towards doing a planche have stalled a bit. I’m not able to lift my legs high enough yet. I can do a tuck on stand on bars but it isn’t high enough to do off the floor yet. So I have a lot of work to do. There is something called a crow stand where the knees go into the armpits and the arms are straight. That might be my next goal. The frog stand is pretty easy now. Still this might take more than a year to achieve. Wish I had done this in my teens when I was more flexible!

Day 17 – USA – FD600

Just a quick check in.

I started this journey with the goal of fitting back into my clothes, but in particular my FAVORITE skinny jeans.

Well….guess who put on those skinny jeans for church today and realized they are getting too big?! Had to belt them!

Cruised thru FD today due to copious amounts of coffee and black tea, but made it a 600 day because I wanted a tapioca pudding. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wishing you all a happy St Patrick’s day and *abundant* success this week. May all of your jeans be LOOSED! ๐Ÿ˜€

Day 18 โ€“ Melbourne AUS โ€“ FD

Had an incredibly indulgent weekend, way too much carby food, and alcohol, but the wedding was absolutely perfect, and it was a fantastic weekend filled with friends, love and laughter. So sad for it to follow on from the tragedy in NZ.

Still struggling to get back into the mindset, my overall diet isnโ€™t as clean, and havenโ€™t been training as much as I was before (still trying to find a new gym/routine since moving offices to another part of Melbourne).

@snowflake56 yes I do eat red meat, though a doctor once described that because I suffer from IBS, my digestive system may not be as good as absorbing some nutrients, including iron. So going to up the red meat, supplement with some extra iron, hopefully that helps!
    @songbirdme happy anniversary! What an inspiration, and weโ€™re lucky to have your guidance and support here!
    @at fantastic work on the reset! Iโ€™m going to have to do a bit of a shake-up myself โ€“ Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™m quite ready for multiple b2bโ€™s, but Iโ€™ve started by overhauling the food I have on FDโ€™s to see if that helps shift the current rut.
    @ciren2 hope you are through the worst of it, great to hear your boss has been understanding about it (as they should be!) rest up.
    @mapti I get terrible Raynaudโ€™s, especially in my hands. Melbourne isnโ€™t particularly cold either! I pretty much wear my jacket at my desk all day on FDโ€™s to combat the extra cold. Havenโ€™t thought about how the fasting affects it, but Iโ€™ve noticed no change.
    @betsylee congratulations on the new low! You should be very proud of your achievement to date.
    @michelinme Iโ€™m a terrible bread eater when fatigued.
    @lorky35 sounds like similar conversations with my husband lol!

Pocket List Day 18:
    @gretta

Day 18 Melb Aust FD800

Doing okay so far for today’s FD800; haven’t eaten the evening meal yet. TRE seems to be going well, though.

@gretta, great that you could enjoy your dress and the wedding.

@lorky35 – what a wise husband!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

@ciren2, so glad you’re feeling better now.

@michelinme, Oh, those carbs! But you’ll be back on track today, so no problems, Isn’t that a wonderful thing about this WOL?!

@rafiki44, I agree with @ciren2 and @ccco: I have records of my waistline readings at odd times going back a couple of decades, and at the same weight, and even when fit, my waist size has just been gradually bigger over the years. Don’t think there’s much we can do about it. I do still have a suit from decades ago that I optimistically think I’ll be able to fit into when I’ve lost enough weight, but will it really happen? I very much doubt it! It’s probably destined for the op shop with multiple other garments.

Happy fasting everyone!

Day 18 Wales FD

Quick post ,out all day for work.

Pocket List Day 18:
    @gretta
    @russetfox

Day 18, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

@russetfox well done, staying strong on Saturday!

@michelinme it pays off to stay on course, it’s interesting to see how the body shapes itself after losing weight.

@ccco I’m also taking thyroxine first thing in the morning with water on an empty stomach. Never heard of a connection with eating fiber, how does this work, thyroxine is a hormone.

@daffodil2010 I hope you had a lovely day with your family after your hard work on Saturday.

@debster251 how nice you got sunshine instead of snow on your first caravan weekend.

@rafiki44 I’m not sure it has to do with age. I have a skirt from 1975 I’m still wearing, the waist is about the same. Do you do any exercize? Perhaps you can join the hula hoop challnge next month.

@at those yoga workshops seem to work so well for you, you always sound so enthusiastic.

@lorky35 what do you eat in the evening? Avoid eating late, coffee, fat and alcohol. I gave up asking my DH about how I look as the standard answer is: “You always look beautiful.” Lovely, but sometimes I wanted to hear something else.

@fiftyandfabulous your favourite jeans is too big? Favourite, well fitting jeans are so hard to find.

@betsylee congratulations on another new low, you’re doing so well.

@ciren2 make the most of today!

@gretta just try to give all you can on your FDs.

Pocket list day 18

@gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake

” Moderation. Small helpings. Simply a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” Julia Child

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – England – NFD

Just a quick check in to say hi because Iโ€™m dashing to get my hair did. Iโ€™ll come back later to read all of your lovely posts.

Have a great day!

Day 18 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Bank holiday Monday so I am going to RELAX. DH is off to work at 1pm so we will have a lazy brunch, then when he is gone I will do my 30DS, do a few chores before I relax with the Sunday newspapers (no time yesterday to read) and yes, there will be a glass of wine added to that mix ๐Ÿ˜„

It’s been a busy weekend but a good one. Dad in great form yesterday, enjoyed his St Patrick’s day, and was delighted with the bowl of shamrock I got him. There was no shamrock to be found in Dublin yesterday, so I was getting emergency calls to source shamrock for Dad ๐Ÿ˜† I just rocked into my local rural village shop and bowls of shamrock for sale โ˜˜

Big time FD from tomorrow. Have a good Monday

2nd post

just went to the spreadsheet and found out it’s whiped out! Is there a way to get yesterday’s spreadsheet back? My last copy is from the 6th. If there is no way to get it back, I’ll go through the posts this afternoon and add all the data I can find. Sorry for this.

2nd post – Day 18

I labeled my first post day 17. Ophs. Today is WFD and I only have about 13 hours to go.

3rd post

wow, I did it, I got yesterday’s spreadsheet back and made a copy strait away, don’t know how I did it but it worked. This makes my day!

Day 18 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ CD

Great news on smaller smoother legs @lorky35 and always good when jeans start falling down @fiftyandfabulous ๐Ÿ˜‰

I did a 800 FD yesterday and planning for a controlled day today…..still trying to shift the couple of pounds I gained last month.

Have a great start to the week everyone.

Day 18-FD-Atlanta, Ga.-USA

Down 3 pounds so far this month. 5 lbs off my goal weight. So we’ll see if I make it. Have a great day everyone! FD for me. gonna have a low cal snack, and then a sensible dinner. Gonna stick to 600 cals today.

Day 18, London, Uk, FD800

Glad to be back at work and fasting, Iโ€™ve had a lovely peppermint tea so far and the plan is to avoid coffee in the mornings. I just THINK I need it.

@ciren2, many thanks for your post within 3hrs of my mentioning the Pringles dilemma โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ Unfortunately, you were about 2hrs 50mins too late!!!!! Devoured!!!! Sometimes the idea that Iโ€™m allowed to eat what I want on a NFD leads me down a dark, dark path!!! I need to think I can eat whatever I NEED rather than whatever I want!!!!

Iโ€™m with you @ccco, today I repair the damage!!!

I’ll catch up on posts later. Now, Iโ€™m off to do some work; Iโ€™ve swapped my work days around as Iโ€™ve a funeral to attend on Thursday. It was definitely a shock to the system getting up & out on a Monday morning!!!

Keep the faith folks!!!

Day 18 London UK, FD800

Two days without posting, though I was scanning the posts. Kept thinking I’d have the time to write a proper post rather than just checking in. ๐Ÿ™

Yesterday was an NFD and I have now gained 0.8 lbs – the fat percentage says it’s fat, but my measurements are fine. Possibilities: I’m REALLY sensitive to carbs, since I had three slices of toast (one with butter with breakfast, two with hummus at night. No other white carbs – it was a lentil and beef stew without any rice or potatoes for lunch, and almond pancakes plus toast-and-hummus for supper.

Alternative – I ate too much too late at night. Sundays I generally finish work at 7:30, so I think in future I should consider pre-cooking something so I can just heat it up. Quite possibly I need to plan at least an evening meal for an NFD, and cook it in advance.

I also missed off the RCAF exercises on the NFD (I fell asleep), but did them this morning. So generally speaking, the Sunday NFD did not go that well – but I’ll see how things are at the end of the week, when I’ll have done another six FD800.

@snowflake56 – I should probably have made it clearer that my ‘shift pattern’ is a bit split, with two days on pm starts and three days at 9.30 am to about 7.30 pm. So yes, it was a super-busy day, what with a 9.30 am start and having to have an email conversation with a volunteer at 10pm – but that was only a couple of hours later than usual.

Oh, yes, those ‘the spreadsheet has vanished from the cloud!’ moments. Such fun – not. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Finding the backup must have been a great moment. ๐Ÿ™‚

@fiftyandfabulous – joining in with the welcome. Glad you’ve found something that works for you. Especially when your skinny jeans are now too big! ๐Ÿ™‚

@michelinme – quite a few people from round here have had that wretched cold virus that lingers – it does seem like ‘the beast that would not die’ when you’re in the middle of it, but it goes away eventually. With water – I’ve been trying warm water, made by mixing cold and boiled water, sometimes with a dash of salt added.

Congratulations on getting back into those older, smaller clothes! I have a day off today, so I might try some clothes sorting.

@ccco @matpi and @debster251 – my thyroid medication routine relies on the fact that I usually wake up in the early hours of the morning needing to go to the loo! So I’ve developed a habit of putting a glass of water and my medication on the bedside table, and then taking the tablets as I come back to bed. I did try taking it properly in the morning, but it was a pain – the alternative to coffee is tea, and I take that with soya milk; so it was basically get up, take medication, grumble around for an hour or so before I could have any caffeine or eat any breakfast. On the (sadly now rather rare) nights when I sleep through, I can manage this, but as a daily routine it was awful. I don’t mind not eating for an hour or so after waking, but I want my caffeine! ๐Ÿ˜€

Foods: coffee is a definite no-no for at least half an hour surrounding the medication and preferably an hour. Soya can impede digestion for some people. The NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/levothyroxine/ doesn’t mention fibre, but it does suggest avoiding calcium rich foods until four hours after medicating.

@lorky35 – I had acid reflux. Fasting as such hasn’t helped – what has helped is the 12:12 eating pattern suggested in the latest Fast800 book. It means I’m now following the ‘don’t eat 3 to 4 hours before bedtime’ rule. Losing weight is also supposed to help, but following the bedtime rule brought immediate benefits.

@rafiki44 – people do naturally gain weight as they get older; after the menopause women also tend to shift from a ‘pear’ to an ‘apple’ shape. It’s hormones (or the lack of them), but exercise might help. Sometimes a ‘fat belly’ is really ‘weak stomach muscles’ letting your internal organs bulge out a bit.

@daffodil2010 – glad you found shamrocks for your Dad and that he enjoyed his St Pats.

@ciren2 and @flourbaby – Ah. Pringles. They are the work of the devil. Fortunately, being gluten and dairy free means I can’t eat the blasted things any more. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Day 18 โ€“ Iceland โ€“ FD

Monday and I am pressing the RESET button once again ๐Ÿ™‚ Trying to revive old habits and making a dinner plan for the week and going to the grocery store maximum once a week, do not need any extra tempting by all the easter eggs and bunnies๐Ÿ˜… Also plan to cook some veg chili or curry for the freezer to make things easier on FDs.

Onwards and downwards!

Pocket List Day 18
    @gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake
    @therealwil78
    @flourbaby FD800
    @bluesqueak FD 800
    @borealis

Day 18. FD. Finally.
    Iโ€™m back from Germany. Just loved it. Ate too much of their amazing bread. My skirt is a bit tight…!
    Joining todayโ€™s picket list.

Pocket List Day 18
    @gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake
    @therealwil78
    @flourbaby FD800
    @bluesqeak FD 800
    @borealis
    @emma-taylor.

Have a good day all.

Pocket list. Duh!

Day 18, Germany, FD
    Heyyyy! I’m on a good fd so far!
    Reading the F800 book and with my last week’s experience I decided to integrate TRE in my daily routine. Probably it won’t be 16:8 every day, but I will be aiming to long streches of no food. I really feel that it is good for my body, for my mind, for my digestion and for my reflux problems (that I also often have).
    In terms of calories I decided that I will count them on FDs and that everthing up to 800 cals is fine but I’ll try to aim for 500.

Pocket List Day 18
    @gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake
    @therealwil78
    @flourbaby FD800
    @bluesqeak FD 800
    @borealis
    @emma-taylor
    @miraclelou

Wish you all a wonderful day!

Day 18 Belfast NFD

Monday is usually a FD for me, but OH and I went out for coffee this morning and I indulged in a scone. Iโ€™m sure I can salvage the rest of the day. Weโ€™ll see. If not, tomorrowโ€™s a new day!

@lorky35 – I have suffered from excess stomach acid for 20+ years. As it happens I have currently stopped my meds in preparation for a helicobacter test on Tuesday. I had an endoscopy which diagnosed gastritis and Iโ€™m watching my diet to try and heal the inflammation. In actual fact, I find fasting helpful and itโ€™s only when I eat that the heartburn starts. I follow a 16:8 regime and donโ€™t eat after about 7pm after my evening meal. I found that losing weight around my stomach helped the symptoms improve and over the course of my 5:2 journey, I have halved my medication. After the test, I intend to look carefully at the tablets I take and try to cut them down more. I hope you find a solution.
    @dykask – what fantastic progress youโ€™re making. Your grit and determination is an inspiration.
    @fiftyandfabulous – thatโ€™s a double edged sword. Great that they too big, but what a bummer that you didnโ€™t get to enjoy them sooner!
    Thanks @bluesqueak for the link. I do take it with water on an empty stomach and I only drink decaf tea and coffee, but after your last post, I actually went and checked the leaflet that comes with the tablets.
    @jaifaim – Iโ€™m with you on drinking just for special occasions, so Saturday my first alcohol this month, although watching Ireland lose can hardly be time a special occasion! Glad youโ€™re feeling better.

The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
    Happy Monday everyone.

Day 18: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD:
    This was supposed to be my last day recovering at home before returning to work after being off sick since last Tuesday.
    WAS…
    At 6.30am I was rudely awoken by the phone…the boss left a message pleading for me to “help him out” as another colleague had phoned in sick, making two off.
    Well, what could I do? We’re a small delivery office, less than 20 staff. I’m more or less recovered, even having spent a large part of the night awake coughing.
    I went in.
    So have worked my day off this week earning 6 hours overtime….more importantly, my health held out (hopefully)! There was only some light rain. The mail wasn’t too heavy and there are no advertising leaflets to prep and deliver this week.

Remember everyone…NO PRINGLES!

Day 18 – USA – FD800

So after a week of ups and downs. I am back. I am down 4 lbs overall, but nothing last week. I am determine to lose at least 2 lbs this week. I am strict with calories 700 -800 calories for today. Just did a 2 miles jog/walk. And is sipping on a cup of un-sweeten tea (peach tranquility). Will go next door for a chicken salad (260 calories) in 2 hours (trying to fast for at least 16-17 hours) . That will leave around 500 for lunch.

Carb free week! Will treat self with some type of noodle or pasta dish this weekend!

Pocket List Day 18
    @gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake
    @therealwil78
    @flourbaby FD800
    @bluesqeak FD 800
    @borealis
    @emma-taylor
    @miraclelou
    @ann1239

Day 18 UK FD

Yesterday was solid – a little white rice with butterbean stew for lunch, clementine for pudding, teatime 2 slices homemade fruit & nut bread with friend-made plum jam, almond milk yogurt with nuts, apple & cacao then kitchen was closed. I love Sunday teatime eating[- makes me feel like a child again ๐Ÿ™‚

Woke feeling better after long soak in epsom salt & essential oil bath while watching a gentle film, earlier night and good sleep – yay!

Managed to do some yoga & meditation before visiting PA arrived, then ploughed thru getting project work organised. We now have a list, a plan and some prioriities for the next couple of days, as well as getting some small things done. I’m beginning to feel more …that sense of lots to do but it’s a managed load rather than swamped, drowning, overwhelmed, chaotic… Much easier to have good boundaries when it’s all known & named ๐Ÿ™‚

So instead of my usual “plough on while you can before it takes over” I have one task to tackle tonight and then shutting up shop. Looking forward to a wind down evening of supper, my Lent book reading and catching up with my mother before bath & an early night. Yay for balance!

We prepped lunch earlier & i’ve saved mine for supper so just a quick reheat to do…Today’s menu is the high-protein vegan chilli with cauliflower and peas (400 calories) leaving me FD wiggle room if I fancy a fruit /yogurt pudding. Just 0.5 pot yogurt left to eat and then I’ll make my own… Life is looking up and it’s only Monday ๐Ÿ˜€

@betsylee yes, the FD reset button is one of the best things about this WOL. That and the fact it IS a Way of Life, not a short-term fix ๐Ÿ™‚
    @snowflake sorry to hear about the spreadsheet problems – and well done for fixing them!!
    @bluesqueak thanks! I felt better once I realised it’s the same thing on repeat, just flaring up when i’m out & about, rather than a series of bugs. There is something rather wonderful about wearing old faves… Not so much fun when trying clothes on and finding it’s allbaggy & shapeless. But I’m Delighted to have an old PA with me this week who now makes a living as a costume & dress designer… We’re going to have a clothes-resizing/-rescuing conversation tomorrow:)
    @borealis great plan, well done! I made batches of 2 x veg curry last month, and 2 x vegan chilli this month (one mostly veg, the other high protein). FDs have become a real doddle. Also now my most productive days bc fasting energy boost and not spending much time on food prep

Pocket List Day 18
    @gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake
    @therealwil78
    @flourbaby FD800
    @bluesqeak FD 800
    @borealis
    @emma-taylor
    @miraclelou
    @ann1239
    @michelinme

USA Day 18 FD

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    @gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake
    @therealwil78
    @flourbaby FD800
    @bluesqeak FD 800
    @borealis
    @emma-taylor
    @miraclelou
    @ann1239
    @michelinme
    @ccco

bluesqueak, I am glad we’re having this thyroid discussion. I did not know about calcium. Now that means I can’t have cold cereal with milk for breakfast anymore. Perhaps I’ll eat it for a later meal. I take Synthroid for my thyroid, so I went on their website. That’s where I found out about fiber but I didn’t see anything about calcium. Now, I will take that into consideration, as well!

For all those having success this month, congratulations! I am thinking of all those having a bit of trouble! Have a great day!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.