March 2019 – Spring Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
March 2019 – Spring Challenge

This topic contains 905 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 909 total)

• 4th post

@ccco we looked at medical information to be sure (site only accessible for doctors), you can have your breakfast with milk 30-60 minutes after taking your medication. Haven’t found anything on fibre.

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managing pretty well – busy as I can be.

Onward and downward.

2nd post

Had courgetti bolognese for supper tonight. Wow, salting and pressing the water out of the courgetti made a big difference – they were firm and tasty, very noodle-like. (I put the squeezed water in the bolognese. It was green; I’m sure there were vitamins in there).

@ccco like @snowflake56, I suspect that once your thyroid level has stablilised, you can probably just delay breakfast. In the meantime, can you eat eggs? Dr Moseley is really keen on eggs for breakfast and they’re both calcium and fibre friendly.

Day 18 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Just popped in to add myself to the Fasting list today. Will be back to catch up on posts 🙂

Day 18 pocket list:
    @gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake
    @therealwil78
    @flourbaby FD800
    @bluesqeak FD 800
    @borealis
    @emma-taylor
    @miraclelou
    @ann1239
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

Day 18 – UK – FD

Early start as usual for a Monday with a 0700hrs Broga class with OH then I did the 1hr drive to DD house to meet her and see the ongoing work on their house. We then took her 🐶 for a beach walk – did around 5 miles ending up with a light lunch at a local cafe with great views!

Back home in time to meet with OH for a coffee after his run and then off to my evening Yoga class ending the day with a 600cal FD.

Quick check in to catch up with the posts – relatively quiet here so able to read all
    @lorky35 – your chat with your DH made me laugh – he is a smart man!
    @fiftyandfabulous – how fabulous to find that your skinny jeans are too big!!! Need to find a new pair of skinnier ones!!!!
    @gretta – weddings are to be enjoyed with no guilt – so good to hear that it was ” a fantastic weekend filled with friends, love and laughter” Thank you I did need a strong week to let me know that I had got this!
    @snowflake56 – Definitely discovering yoga was a real bonus in my retirement and the workshops are always a physical as well as mental boost 🙏
    @daffodil2010 – good to hear that your weekend was a good if busy one and that your Dad had a fab time enjoying his St Patrick’s Day
    @emma-taylor – lovely to have you back with us after your little trip to Germany and YES they do make yummy bread!!!!!
    @ciren2 – what a shame you had to go back to work a day early but glad to hear that you coped well

Just under 2 weeks to go to the end of this challenge – still time to make a difference – Stay motivated and you can achieve…………..

Just adding myself to the Fasting list today for solidarity even though I’m about to go off to bed 🙂

Day 18 pocket list:
    @gretta
    @russetfox
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake
    @therealwil78
    @flourbaby FD800
    @bluesqueak FD 800
    @borealis
    @emma-taylor
    @miraclelou
    @ann1239
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn
    @at

“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Quick check in. Will read posts later. Hope everyone had a good Monday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 18 Ohio, US — NFD(80 bites)
    Day 17 — NFD (80 bites)

The 17th was a little busy, so only got to report in today. Both days have gone well. I’ve moved the daily number of bites on NFD’s down to 80 and will see what effect that has. This is proving to be an interesting experiment.

One note about thyroid and calcium —- my doctor said that I could have milk with cereal if I wait an hour, but that to take a calcium supplement it would be better to wait until lunch. Calcium in food is not as concentrated as it is is supplements. Another thing to be aware of is managing foods with soy for people with thyroid issues. There seem to be a variety of studies with somewhat conflicting outcomes. Since I eat vegetarian, soy is important. I’ve found a good balance with about 1 serving a day.

Have a great day all!

Day 18 – USA – NFD 1500

My day was ok calorie- wise, but I’m going to work on getting more protein. Also I’m going to try to get up early tomorrow and work out before the grandbaby comes over. A hard workout would do me good!

How are the workout goals going for everyone else?

Be fabulous!

Day 19 – Japan – NFD

Water FD went well.

Day 19 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

So I weighed in this morning, and the number on the scale was 72.2kg – HORROR!!! Time to get serious again, the honeymoon is well and truly over!!

Turns out it was TOM today, so hoping some of that weight is associated with that, and at least I know the insatiable hunger i get in the lead up wont reappear anytime soon!!!!

Finished off yesterday’s FD with an F45 cardio session, and closed the kitchen at 499cal, so that should help press the reset (FIRMLY, as @at would say!!), and let’s get back on track.

Going to modify my March goal to be back to what I was at the start (71.3kg), as I don’t want to set myself up for failure, and I’m a seasoned tortoise, so no point deluding myself.

@snowflake56 nice work fixing up the spreadsheet!
    @bluesqueak sometimes the BFP scales do have a bit of a margin of error, so every chance it’s just a bit of fluid given the carbs, and I’m guessing there may have been a bit of salt in what you ate. Excellent tip on salting the courgetti!! Will definitely ad that step in next time I make them.
    @debster251 good luck with the helicobacter test, I went through all that a few years ago, terrible stuff. Do you follow a low FODMAP diet? I’ve found that to be very helpful to my gastric symptoms, so much so that I rarely take medication (maybe 2-3 times per year, generally during high stress or festive times).
    @ciren2 that doesn’t sound like fun, but glad you are on the mend! You are absolutely a team player.
    @michelinme love the organisation and positivity!
    @fiftyandfabulous love an early morning workout! Really helps lift the mood for the day – especially if I slept badly.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Back to work today and it’s an FD. I was going to aim for a liquid only but I have a small sandwhich packed for lunch, in case I can’t handle it. You see, I got TOM yesterday, only two weeks after the last one, so I am feeling blah and my back is sore. Yup, I sure am starting this menopause thing, TOM all over the place 😔

I will carry on though, will go for a nice walk at lunch, then 30DS when I get home from work, and chicken bone broth for supper.

Not much to say today 😔

Pocket list day 19
    @daffodil2010

Day 19, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone on this lovely sunny day!

How relieved and proud I was to get the spreadsheed back, thanks for the thumps up! My DH brought home roses to celebrate, that was sweet.

@borealis nother better than having a plan to get to your goal.
    @fiftyandfabulous I only do 8 minutes planks and 25 squats when I get up so not much of a workout. It’s just a good start in the day and I also think it’s mood lifting. I’m renovating the house and work in the garden, I think it’s enough.
    @gretta sounds like a good plan, just stay focussed.
    @bluesqueak it could be food in transit or water retention.
    @debster251 are you getting another gastroscopy? Good luck!
    @ciren2 sorry you had to work yesterday, glad you felt good enough to do it.
    @ann1239 no carbs at all this week?
    @michelinme lucky you to have a costume & dress designer to go through your clothes, this will be so helpful.only a few years
    @daffodil2010 poor you, take care!

“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seed you plant.” R.L. Stevenson

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18- FD- Atlanta, Ga. – USA

Yesterday was supposed to be a FD, but I went out for drinks and ruined an otherwise successful day. So I’m trying again today. I have a dinner scheduled for tonight, but no alcohol and I sticking to a fresh green salad. However, I’m down another pound as of this morning.

Day 19 Wales NFD

@snowflake well done on getting the spreadsheet back, must of been a relief x

Grotty thick head today and my favourite(not) nightshift tonight, at least it’s only one.
    Have a good day all x

Day 19 Belfast FD

Weight stubbornly stuck at 148 but I’ll take that as a positive after a weekend away.
    Great discussion about thyroid meds. Thanks for all the information.
    @ciren2 – glad you’ve no ill effects from your early return to work.
    Thanks for that @gretta. I do try to follow it as much as possible … work in progress! Once I’ve had this test I intend not to go back on Nexium unless absolutely necessary. It’s so harmful for your bones and I was taking massive doses. I’ll have to adopt a more disciplined approach to my diet.
    @snowflake56 – no, no more gastroscopy tests. Just this breath test tomorrow which will hopefully finish the need for further tests! Interestingly, having been off my main meds for 2 weeks, I’m wondering if it was the Nexium that caused the inflammation. I’m left with the dilemma that if I don’t eat I don’t have heartburn so it’s a question of being choosy about what I do eat to minimise the symptoms. Work in progress!
    Pocket list day 19
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251

Onwards and downwards

Day 19 UK CD

Good OMAD FD yesterday… vegan chilli, steamed cauliflower, peas & a little vegan cheese followed by an apple with plain soya yogurt and cacao. Yum, and under 600 calories which will do me nicely. Amazed at much how water & ginger tea I drank also.

Forgot to weigh this morning but did manage earlier start and gentle yoga & meditation. Forgot to take B3 last night and woke a few times in the night, today feeling quite spaced out and tired. Going to crack on with organising this week’s stuff then start big urgent project which will keep us going for the next two days… resisting the call of nut & fruit bread from the freezer atm but I think that might be toasted with plum jam, apple & vegan cheese for a fast-breaking meal.

3 more FDs left this lunch & hoping to finally end the month under 143.5lbs… whatever happens tho I’m making better choices and feeling the benefit in body & mind. It’s all progress!

Day 19 Melb. Aust CD which became a TDEE day (sigh!)
    Day 18 FD800

Doing okay, but not losing over the past couple of days due to bad food choices, not excess calories. Set the reset button, as @michelinme would say, and tomorrow is another day!

@snowflake56, what a relief for you to find the day-old copy of the spreadsheet. And for the rest of us, rather than trying to remember what we’d entered when. Well done!

Tired. Been busy with conference then research in the past few days, so need a little breathing space. @debster251 – Onwards and downwards indeed!

Day 19, Germany, NFD
    Too many bites in between meals today – even though it was only fruit and veggies… doesn’t feel safe! Already had my salad from my lunch a little earlier because I couldn’t wait for my son to come home. I’ll now rest a little until he comes, because I think this is what I’m really longing for!! 💆‍♀️
    Onwards and downwards! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
    Wishing you all a good day!

Day 19, London, UK, FD800

Yesterdays’ FD ended in an hour of madness involving chocolate & cashew nuts ………………… I KNOW all about the avalanche effect, but I just couldn’t help myself ………………………….. so disappointed!!!

Resetting today, but I’ve already had my salad lunch, just a bit of cheese and a couple of Ryvita (surprisingly tasty!!) to last me until I get home for a veggie soup!!! I’m mixing things up a bit this week, filling snacks then an evening meal.

Like @daffodil2010 ………………………. Not much to say today!!!

Day 19 – USA – FD800

Only 2 weeks left – I am pushing it! I am nowhere near my goal for the month. It is time to go back and see what is working and what is not. Just finished my workout (2 miles walk/jog) in the morning. Follow by hot tea , half an avocado, and 2 boiled eggs for lunch. However, we are just out of eggs, and I think I will switch too kabocha soup instead. Follow by a 500 calories dinner. Not sure what i am having for dinner yet.

Snowflake56 – I think some of the vegetables I am eating have carbs, but I hope to stay clear of it until Friday since I am going to be out. Do you recommend this? Also, thank you for recovering the spread sheet.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far and that you are on track 🙂 🙂

Pocket list day 19
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @ann1239

Day 19 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

After a good FD on Sunday I had planned a CD for yesterday but I’m afraid it didn’t happen…DH and I polished off a bottle of red wine with dinner which led to a little dark chocolate and a handful of nuts. Such is life! Being good so far today, just an egg brunch and an apple……aiming not to drink wine again until the weekend🤞

USA DAY 19 FD 800

First, I am adding myself to the pocket list.@daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @ann1239
    @ccco FD800

I am definitely in the tortoise club, too. I just think my main problem is that I don’t have a lot to lose and my body wants to hang onto to it. Still, I intend to persevere!

All the discussion of thyroid medication is been very helpful. I’ve made the adjustments and now feel so much better! Thank you, everyone!

In the meantime, have a great “going on Spring” day (except for all you Australians headed in the opposite direction). It will be so much healthier when we all can get outside for exercise!

Day 19. London NFD
    Yesterday’s FD went ok. And I finally did a yoga class, which is literally just across the road from me, in our local library. It would be very difficult for it to be any nearer.
    I must admit I was bored witless, and the hour seemed to stretch for about a century, but, amazingly, my back feels loads better. I am going to go again next week. It’s worth the boredom to stop my lower back hurting. All I have to do now is attempt to drop a size ( or maybe two…) before the summer.
    Have a good day all. H

Day-19 – Atlanta,GA – FD

Its been a while since i was not too consistent due to personal reasons but today i decided i have to get back on track

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    It’s ok, going back to work a day early hasn’t done me any harm. Still improving today. Persistent, barky cough (my asthma has been less controlled) slightly husky voice (NOT of the sexy variety!) otherwise feel nearly normal. The illness continues to take new victims in the office. The boss has the sore throat now. Luckily for him he has a week on leave next week. Light day on the mail today, Tuesdays always are. Tomorrow will be the test….Wednesdays are always heavy.

@russetfox: Poor you, having to do nights. It really used to mess me up (MANY years ago) when we used to have night shifts at the Royal Mail. At one time I was one week on earlies, one week on lates and one week on nights. I did that for six months and never felt right. Now just moving the clocks one hour does me in for a couple of weeks!!
    @emma-taylor: I don’t enjoy yoga for the exact same reason…too slow and boring for me! Trampolining used to be my thing when I was in my 20s. Now, brisk walking (preferably with a dog). Have you tried acupuncture for your back? I use it, and it helps me.

Day 19 2nd post

Sorry chaps, I am taking myself off today’s pocket list…..while food wise it has been very little, right now I have a chilled glass of Chardonnay to hand and a hit water bottle at my back, so I am giving myself the night off for unexpected TOM relaxation

Day 19 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Closed the kitchen at 12:15 after a good meal. Only liquid will pass my lips for the rest of the day. Last week was a little strange and then Sunday I had an eye episode (an ophthalmic migraine is what the doctor called it). It happened during church. I kept my eyes closed during the sermon, at the suggestion of my son. When I opened my eyes about 20 minutes later, all seemed well. It was quite scary during the episode that began with a flash of light in an arc shape followed by wild, crazy, dancing black line art drawings. The sermon being preached while my eyes were closed was about Jesus healing a blind man. I was asking Jesus to heal me too. Quite an unusual morning 🙂

So taking it easier this week; kind of playing it by ear. So fasted Monday and broke the fast with a good meal around 11 AM. Now I’m fasting again through Tuesday. Taking things one day at a time.

@gretta – what is FODMAP diet?

@ann1239 – I do low carb eating as well. I get my carbs from low carb veggies – lots of greens, cucumbers, avocados (also good fats). Even strict keto suggests 20 gms of carbs from veggies.

@mishty – welcome back!

@snowflake56 – I’m impressed with your getting the spreadsheet up and running again. What a sweet cheerleader you have in you hubby bringing you flowers to celebrate!

Yes, @ccco , definitely feeling the change of season here in the northwest USA. Loving the sun!

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 19 London UK FD800

Quick check-in. After yesterday’s rise, today my weight went back to the same as before the NFD. So, @snowflake56 it looks like you were right.

Successful FD800, but another racing around like crazy day and have decided to go to bed early…

Day 19 Ohio, US — FD(#65)

A good FD.

@michelinme Thanks for the brand name of the lentil cakes. I’ve not heard of Kallo before and will see what the local health food stores have of their products.

@annemarilyn Here’s the URL to a Wikipedia about the low FODMAP diet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FODMAP

@ciren2 Hope the cough keeps on diminishing! And hope you dance right through “Heavy Wednesday”!

@emmataylor One thing that might help with the yoga is to count your breaths while you hold each pose. I do that and actually I use my breath count to determine how long to hold each pose. It sounds as though your teacher isn’t doing that. Different teachers take different approaches. But it may be worth a try!

Day 19 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Days 18 NFD, Day 17 CD, Day 16 FD, Day 15 FD

I’ve been absent for several days and busy. I want to say, first and foremost, that I send my prayers and condolences to all of the New Zealanders, Australians and everyone affected by the terrible shootings in that lovely country of New Zealand.

Also, my sympathies to the people in the Netherlands for the shooting there. Thoughts and prayers with you, as well.

Such a world, these days! Good people must needs stay together and support each other. As here, on this forum.

I’m down to within 1.2 lbs (half Kg) of my goal to be the same this month as last month, after a vacation with grandchildren the last week of February and first week of March. I’m still not active enough, but I think that will change quickly when I can get out and walk without fear of slipping.
    This weekend we will have a 50 degree day ( 10 C ? ) after 140 days since the last one!!! I can’t wait!! It already smells like spring outside.

Best to everyone. Stay strong. Stay grateful for everything you have.

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Day 20 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

HIIT class this morning, and the netball final tonight!! So a nice active day. Haven’t been sleeping that well lately, and the tiredness is not helping the hunger levels, but I’ll try and steer clear of sugar all the same.

@daffodil2010 I feel your pain *hugs* a glass of chardy sounds like just the remedy
    @therealwil78 sounds like you’re incorporating the flexibility of this WOL well! Keep at it, and congrats on the loss!
    @debster251 definitely know the stuggle with being strict on diet, especially in the beginning (I’ve been low FODMAP for almost 10 years now), and now only really struggle at some restaurants eating out – at home the family and I are in a real rhythm with food swaps (spring onion/chives/low FODMAP stock cubes/miso/chilli etc) – just find the vegies and herbs/condiments that you enjoy and use plenty so you don’t feel like you’re forgoing flabour!!
    @emma-taylor I get the same boredom from yoga, but wow my back and anxiety feels good following it. I really need to try and go every so often (maybe even once a month or something). Well done for sticking to it!
    @annemarilyn a Low FODMAP diet (which is an acronym for all the major gastric irritants in food – Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides and Polyols) and it’s the recommended diet for anyone suffering from IBS (I was diagnosed after two bouts of helicobacter). For me, the foods I have to avoid are onion and garlic (completely if possible), legumes, stone fruit, apples and pears, and mushrooms. The list is massive, but over the years I’ve figured out how much of each food I can tolerate. It’s really just trial and error as everyone is different. Not ideal, but the only solution at the moment unfortunately.

Day 20 – Manchester, England – FD
    Day 19 – FD

Hi everyone. I didn’t manage to check in yesterday because it was such a busy day. I had a good FD though, staying under my 500cals. On another FD today because there are plans for drinks out tomorrow which would normally be my FD.

@snowflake56 – YEY for getting the spreadsheet back! Well done.

Congrats to everyone whose month is going well. For those who are struggling a bit, I am with you. I’m feeling a little bit like I’ve had a mid-month slump. My NFDs over the weekend didn’t go great and I feel like I need to pick myself back up for the rest of the month. I know that this is do-able.

I’m starting a pocket list for today. Who’s with me?:
    @aglowworm

Day 20 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning. Going to try for a liquid only FD today. Feeling slightly better, TOM is really a pain, literally, but today is not as bad as yesterday and it WILL get better.

Thanks @gretta that glass of chard sitting on the patio (with the gas heater on, not warm enough yet) was the job. I just read, and thought, then DH came home from work, we talked, then off to bed and slept until my alarm went off. Feeling more refreshed.

I WILL complete Day 20 of the 30DS today too. Stock cubes and bouillon for sipping on during the day. Maybe this week I cross the plateau live?

@ciren2 hope Wednesday goes ok for you, you are a trooper going back to work ☺️
    @annemarilyn that ophthalmic migraine sounds scary. And your description of it reminded me that I have had one or two of them over the years. Just out of the blue too 😨 Hope you are ok now.

I am with you today @aglowworm, together we are stronger

@aglowworm
    @daffodil2010

Day 20, London, UK, NFD

Unplanned NFD today, I couldn’t get my butt in gear last night to make a salad and really didn’t fancy soup again …………………. In all honesty, I just feel like a day off, if I could have a glass of red at work I would squeeze one in at lunch ………………… alas, that kind of behaviour is frowned upon here ………………………… Oh, to be a Parisian!!!!!

@gretta, that trophy is in the bag!!! Good luck for tonight!!!

I’m hoping to empty the freezer & store cupboards over the next few weeks (months!!) and restock them with FD options other than soups & bone broth. I was happy to stick to the same thing on FDs when doing 5:2, now I’m veering towards FD800 and a more Mediterranean approach, I need to reassess and come up with some more varied staple recipes. I’m looking forward to it, but I’m impatient and really want my current stockpile GONE!!!! I’ll make a dent in the smoothie bags over the weekend which will fit into FD800 well enough!

Enough rambling, back to work! Keep the faith people!!!!

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

Had a lovely day yesterday, it was sunny and we got a lot done. Went to the market to get vegetables, then ordered paint because the paint I’m using doesn’t paint well. When home we decided to get the carpet out in the bedroom and the underlying linoleum as well. We threw everything in the garden, unfortunately one part of the linoleum landed on the plastic roof (I did it) that covers the woodpile, so we’ll have to renew that as well. Then we laid out the cherrywood parquet to see how it looks with the yellow walls. Not sure I like it, have to think about it a bit longer.

@mishty welcome back!
    @gretta I looked up how netball works, seems complicated. On what position are you playing. Good luck tonight!
    @daffodil2010 what a wise decision to step back after feeling so miserable. Have you ever tried warm milk with nutmeg, it used to help me.
    @debster251 was the gastritis caused by helicobacter and is this the control test after the triple therapy? Did they tell you anything about a hernia?
    @russetfox hope the nightshift went well.
    @flourbaby totally forget the existence of Ryevita. Used to eat it in the past. Will look for it in the Netherlands, they don’t sell it here.
    @ann1239 I never did no carbs, I eat everything but try to avoid too much sugar. The basic 5:2 works well for me so I stick to that. @annemarilyn is the expert on eating low carb.
    @emma-taylor never tried yoga, I want action and speed. 8 minutes planks daily is boring enough. I did combat fighting for a while until the class had to stop, I loved it.
    @annemarilyn yes, it’s good to have a cheerleader at home, everyone should have one, it makes life so much more enjoyable. What a scary moment you had in church. Oliver Sacks wrote a very good book about migraine, it also describes atypical ones like you had very well. Perhaps your library has it, it’s worth a read.
    @bluesqueak I’m an experienced up and downer weight wise, that’s why I don’t weigh myself every day.
    @northerndawn it’s sad some people don’t care about the life of others, but we must always remember most people are good. The offender in Utrecht has a long criminal record, they are not sure it’s a terror attack.
    @aglowworm thought about doing an FD today but blew it after having a healthy breakfast followed by a lot of biscuits.

Only 10 days left, does anyone wants to host the next challenge?

” Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.” Unknown author

Have a nice day everyone!

2nd post

forgot to say thanks to all of you for the thumbs up (not thumps) on the spreadsheed thing.

@mishty I added your name to the spreadsheet in case you want to use it.
    @dingping, @judyjudes, @cornish-jane, @beedoo and others missing, how are you?

Day 20 Melb Aust, FD800

Successful fast today, provided I stay strong between now and bedtime, which is only a few hours off. As with @aglowworm, I’ve had a bit of a mid-month slump, so plan on 3 consecutive FD800s before my weigh-in on Saturday. At the moment, I’m about 0.5 kg ABOVE where I was last Saturday, but had foods with too much salt, so I’m hoping that weight will drop off over today and the next two days.

Lots of interesting posts, but still very tired, so will close off.

Day 20- Atlanta, Ga. -USA

Hello all! Down almost another 2 lbs. this morning. I was so motivated yesterday that I weighed myself again this morning. Yesterday’s FD went really well. Stayed just below 600 cals. I had a kale salad and grilled brussel sprouts for dinner along with a glass of malbec. I barely finished what I ordered. Was actually full. Today is a NFD, but I will stay below 1200 cals. Just 11 more days in this challenge and I’m excited to see my end results. Just might make my goal. Thanks @agretta I’m trying.

ay 20- Atlanta, Ga. -USA

Hello all! Down almost another 2 lbs. this morning. I was so motivated yesterday that I weighed myself again this morning. Yesterday’s FD went really well. Stayed just below 600 cals. I had a kale salad and grilled brussel sprouts for dinner along with a glass of malbec. I barely finished what I ordered. Was actually full. Today is a NFD, but I will stay below 1200 cals. Just 11 more days in this challenge and I’m excited to see my end results. Just might make my goal. Thanks @gretta I’m trying.

Day 20 Canton OH FD

This month is turning out to be a mixed bag, but I am hoping to finish strong.

I am also with you @glowworm
    @aglowworm
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Staying at my maintenance. Love our WOL and MFP for easy calorie counting.

Yoga: interesting discussion and confirmation of its benefits for lower back. I have happily gone to a once-a-week-yoga class with my same Silver Sneakers teacher who knows my back degenerated disc issues. I do some adaptations as she encourages if I start to feel any problems. Breathing has never been a problem for me being a trained singer.

@emma-taylor — yes, the benefits hopefully will outweigh the boredom!
    @gretta — looks like you’re also seeing good from yoga
    @snowflake56 – yeah for all your hard work and retaining the spreadsheet!

Onward and downward.

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

My 5:2 routine is messed up this week and it doesn’t help my focus…..I feel a little undisciplined this month so I have reflected on what has worked well for me previously and I’ve realised that I need to stick with the Blood Sugar Diet on 5:2 as any variation just seems to derail me in the long term. So I’m carrying on one day at a time 😉

Day 20, Germany, NFD
    Hi!
    Good nfd so far! Will take a little nap now… 😉 I’m really learning to have breaks at the moment – need that so much!

Day 20 Spring Equinox Belfast FD

I’m now a pound from re-entering maintenance so 🤞The sugar dragon is well under control.🐉🗡

@michelinme – I enjoy reading your posts. I love reading your menus and your dedication to daily yoga and meditation is exemplary.
    @AnnMarilyn – hope your eye doesn’t give you any further trouble
    @gretta – I don’t have IBS. but have tried various ‘diets’ including FODMAP to alleviate the symptoms of excess stomach acid. I, like you, have a list of foods to avoid, which can prove tricky sometimes. BTW good luck with the netball final tonight🤞
    Interesting question @snowflake. I now have to wait for the results of the test to find out if I can get the cure, so we’ll see. I do have a hernia (which I’ve had since my pregnancy with my second son some 30 years ago, and it doesn’t seem to have got bigger.) The endoscopy showed gastritis, but if I’m honest, I think I need to review my meds and will do so once the result comes back.
    Doggie walk and yoga done, now off to do a bit of gardening.

On International Day of Happiness I wish you all peace and joy

Day 20 California FD

Week 14 of this WOL for me and I’m plodding along slowly losing weight.

I am also adding myself to the list for today.

Pocket list day 20
    @aglowworm
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames

USA Day 20 FD800

Popping in to join the pocket list.

@aglowworm
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ccco FD800

Sorry, I’ve been so busy readying my gardens for Spring! So much to do! Have a great day, everyone!

2nd post

Let me try that again and actually add myself this time. Maybe my body is trying to tell me something 😉

@aglowworm
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ccco FD800
    @rafiki44

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

I’m going to get an appointment with the asthma nurse as the illness I’ve had has worsened the asthmatic cough….very annoying, especially during the evening and night. Unfortunately I can’t see her until 12th April! Ironically she’s off sick this week..

@annemarilyn: It sounds exactly like a pre-migraine aura that you had in church. Lasts about 20 minutes. I sometimes read in church and it’s one of my worries, that I might have one just then! (Unlikely, I know….but). Now I’m older, I don’t get the follow-up headache….which is good.
    @debster251: You tamed that sugar-dragon…yay!
    @daffodil2010: Hope you’re feeling better.

Day 20 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Started my 2nd FD of the week after eating one meal yesterday, so at almost 24 hours.

@gretta and others – Thanks for enlightening me on the FODMAP. All the best on your game!

@daffodil2010, @snowflake,@debster251 and @ciren2 – I appreciate your input on my eye. I was surprised at the name of the event because I’m not a migraine sufferer. The questions the doctor asked,led us to believe that the cause was starting my day with coffee, which constricts the blood vessels. My usual start is a mug of warm water with juice of 1/2 a lime and some ACV. This Sunday I had skipped that. I’m consciously hydrating more throughout the day with more water. At the moment, I do have some residual squiggle or two. On careful checking, using a state of the art machine to take a picture of both eyes showed no metabolic damage; I think is what he said. If it doesn’t totally clear up, I’m to see him again.

@therealwil78 – sounds like your month is going well!

Day 20 FD Pocket list:

@aglowworm
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @ccco FD800
    @rafiki44
    @missybear
    @annemarilyn

Glad we’re on this journey together! We can do it!

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 909 total)

You must be logged in to reply.