MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,160 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,162 total)

• Day 30 North Wales NFD

Day 30, Emden Germany, FD

overdid it yesterday, so today will be a FD.

Day 30 Pocket List, if you want to join us, just copy and paste and add your name to the list

@arelkade
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD
    March start weight: 135.5lbs
    March Goal: 130.5lbs
    Final Weigh In: 130.5lbs ๐Ÿ˜„

And that would be a YEEESSS from me!! Running around the football pitch with my jersey over my head…..๐Ÿ˜ƒ Delighted. After the long plateau weeks of January and February, March has been very kind.

This was my initial goal too, but I have edited that now and want to lose at least another 5lbs which will bring me into 8 stone land. Now THERE, well, I have not seen that part of the world since the 1990’s ๐Ÿค“

Final weigh in is today due to the fact that my girlfriends are coming around tonight, one of them is using my kitchen as her chef station, the rest of us will be sitting around drinking wine and nibbling on crisps while she cooks, and then we eat. Absolutely no point whatsoever looking at the scales tomorrow morning ๐Ÿ˜ณ

However, I was chuffed to discover that I have lost an inch from my waist, my hips, and my bust since the start of March. Plays I definitely feel hard muscle around my abs (from the planks) though still can’t see them yet. It’s been the best month.

Really looking forward to tonight and the weekend ahead. Really looking forward to getting stuck into April and maybe ultimate goal ๐Ÿ†

A lot of us are doing well this month, hold on there. Not long to go. For those who are’nt doing so well, the new “Shiny” month of April is just there on the horizon.
    @borealis, congrats on also reaching March goal
    @ccco I know you will do it
    @dysask oh wow, cherry blossom time in Japan. In a previous career one of my customers was Japan and every month we would have a teleconference. They would be so enthused about the cherry blossoms, I always wanted to go and see for myself.
    @arelkade this is a great forum is’nt it? Keep on keeping on โ˜บ๏ธ

Day 30, Finland, FD

Good morning everyone! One last FD for the great month of March, to bring me under target for the month. Like @daffodil2010 said, March has been a better month than Feb definitely! Lets hope April is the same. I will do final weigh in tomorrow before enjoying, in moderation, the easter weekend.

Day 30 Pocket List, if you want to join us, just copy and paste and add your name to the list

@arelkade
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @kerryn73

Enjoy Easter everyone!

2nd post

Hi again. I am wanting to do the plank challenge in April. I can’t remember who mentioned it here earlier in the month…is it a forum topic or an app? I have checked 10 pages of forum topics and can’t find anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Day 30, Cornwall UK, NFD

Weekly weigh-in and 0.5kg down. Pretty average but average is good when you stick to it for months!

Start weight: 83.9kg
    End weight: 81.6kg
    Lost: 2.3kg weight and 4cm off the waist

Celebrating with you @daffodil2010 and @borealis! as its been a good month. Hope April delivers the same result. I met up with someone yesterday who hadn’t seen me for ages and she commented on my big weight loss – over 50lbs (24.5kg) so far. Feels good as all my regular friends and family, although very supportive, see me all the time and don’t notice so much (or need to comment all the time!)

We’ve got visitors this weekend and a big party tonight for a friend’s birthday, so time to enjoy myself a bit. Weight loss and fasting takes a lot of brain energy and I need a little break sometimes.

Thanks @at for hosting. See you next month @shinything!

Day 30, Amsterdam – NFD (whatโ€™s the acronym for when you go well under TDEE but itโ€™s not a FD please? Thanks!)

Thank you for all the wishes about my neck – itโ€™s been so sore this week but finally last night I slept through the night, so am hoping itโ€™s on the mend. @annemarilyn I think I will try and see another Chiro, or as @merryapple says, maybe try a Physio (in fact I must thank you indeed for your thoughts on the type of injury, because I wasnโ€™t sure what happened really and it does sound like that indeed! Maybe I will try a doctorโ€™s visit…) Fingers crossed for a good start to April and not a painful one! I had hoped to go back to my spinning classes and hot yoga again, but at this point itโ€™s not going to happen just yet. Letโ€™s see, maybe the weekend will bring some more relief!

I am not thrilled with my first month back on the 5:2 – results are a little โ€˜mehโ€™ and Iโ€™ve gone from 68.4kg (starting end of Feb) to 65.8kg today – I had hoped for greater loss in 5/6 weeks, but with a week filled with beer wine and cheese last week, I think this might have been a little over-optimistic! Either way I am still completely convinced by how good a WOL this is, and am feeling much more positive about April – onwards and downwards as you say!

Day 30 UK NFD

Good Friday already. Weighed in and found somehow Iโ€™d lost 4 lbs in March. Iโ€™m happy with that – 4 stones (56lbs) gone in 12 months as March 17 was when I started on 5:2. The rest of the Easter weekend will probably be EFS days. Itโ€™s my birthday today, so weโ€™re off to Liverpool to see the terracotta warriors, some retail therapy, then a meal at a nice restaurant. Iโ€™ll be back on the wagon on Monday.

I met my friend yesterday and letโ€™s just say I decided to โ€œlet it goโ€ . But after May our relationship will be on a different footing. Itโ€™s a shame but as many people have said lifeโ€™s too short to worry about stupid things. Thanks for all the advice guys. ๐Ÿ™

So onwards folks, nothing from me today but optimism.

Day 30, Surrey (UK), FD

One last FD, one last push for March. Final weigh-in and recording of measurements tomorrow morning. Looks like I’ve already achieved my target for March, but scales seem to be bouncing about a bit, so tomorrow I’ll take whatever they say. That will be my starting point for April.

Thanks for explaining the acronyms – EFS made me LOL ha ha!! If you can have a MOB dress, could I have a WOBB dress too? My husband will be celebrating his 60th in the summer, and I think I’d quite like a new WOBB (Wife of Birthday Boy) dress to celebrate with him!

To all you super achievers out there – CONGRATULATIONS! It is wonderful to read about all your successes. Go celebrate – but not with too much cake or booze!

To all who are less than pleased with their results so far – remember it is only so far! We are all on a journey and we all get sidetracked from time to time. Just keep on keeping on – you WILL get there!

@saffy420, glad you achieved a resolution with your friend. Like you say, sometimes it’s the sensible thing to just ‘let it go’. Life is, indeed, too short.

@arelkade
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @kerryn73
    @fatfingers

Day 30, UK, NFD

So the scales are a bit kinder today, it looks like I’ll finish the month at 55kg, which is just a bit less than at the beginning. Ah well ๐Ÿข

@saffy420 Happy Birthday! ๐ŸŽ‚ I hope you have a great day, and I’m glad you resolved (sort of) issue with your friend ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great day everyone ๐Ÿค—

Day 30, Newcastle UK, NFD

Happy birthday @saffy420.

I’m completely writing this month off. With friends visiting 1st & 2nd April, it’ll be the 3rd before I get my act into gear and attempt a fast day at some point. Today we started with luxury hot cross buns with lashings of butter and are going out for a pub lunch shortly. I will be finishing a bottle of red wine with some Roquefort cheese tonight and apart from when we have company, I am not going to drink in the house again. It’s too damaging to health and pocket. Need to read ‘that book’ again. I’ve been weighing every day and watched my weight go north of 140lbs again this morning. Definitely in self-sabotage mode right now. Better read my ‘Positive Thinking’ book again too. We’ve got a couple of vacations to look forward to in May. That must be my motivation as I’m da**ed if I’m going to buy a whole new holiday wardrobe.

Sorry I’m so behind on posts and missing much of what is going on in your lives. Next month WILL be better.

Final post of March. I usually do not log in on weekends and the odds are even less that I will do so tomorrow.

The damage from Moving March is not as bad as I thought, The scale was down 5 pounds this morning, so it was probably water weight from all the refined carbs I have been eating lately. I am really looking forward to “Shiny April” we are going to slay like no man’s business.

I just want to thank you all for being such an encouraging community of friends. Finding 5:2 was the cake and you guys are the icing.
    See you in April ๐Ÿ™‚

Second post @catch87 are you thinking CD (controlled day)?

Day 30 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Well done to me. Stepped on the scale and I am down another pound making my total lose for March 5lbs. I have a half pound to reach me goal weight. I think I am going to continue my WOL through April to see if I can lose 5 more pounds before I find how to do maintenance. I feel fab and toned.I have not seen this weight since I was 20yrs old. At 60 I never thought I would be here again. I have to say I am very proud of myself and I am very grateful to have found this form, all of you have been such a wonderful support and love.

I am almost there, feeling very accomplished today.

Happy Birthday @saffy240

I might not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday. Have a great Friday everyone. Sending love and positive energy to everyone.

Day 30 – USA – NFD

It’s encouraging to hear of so many success stories on this forum…March was a great month for many of us, including me. @daffodil2010, congrats on meeting your goal! @cornish-jane, way to go – wow – 50 lbs! @diana123, fist bump on feeling and looking great for the first time in years! @saffy420, a very happy birthday to you and have fun on your special day! @Strawberriesandcream, I have full confidence in you – hold my hand and we’ll do 5 dry together and have success in April!

Day 30 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Huge congratulations to those of you who have met your goal this month and to those of us who havenโ€™t we will Reset and start afresh in April.

@saffy420 wishing you a very happy birthday ๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽ‰

@at thank you for hosting March ๐ŸŒน

Happy Easter ๐Ÿฃ everyone. See you in April.

Day 30 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Overate some yesterday, but that happened. Going to Silver Sneakers this morning then nothing much the rest of the day until Good Friday worshipping this evening.

Onward and downward.

Day 30 – UK – FD
    Day 29 – NFD

I just wrote and lost a long post – not sure what happened……..๐Ÿ˜ค Well big breath in and here goes once more! Apologies for not replying to everyone by name.

Had a lovely day with DD yesterday, doing a bit of shopping, followed by lunch then a drive into the countryside and afternoon tea; for some mother and daughter bonding time and to discuss her wedding plans for September!!!! She wants a very low key one – registry office with only both set of parents present followed by an afternoon tea somewhere nice! OH was very happy with that and said “even more low key than our wedding” Seriously we told her and her OH we are happy to do whatever they want – it is their special day! They seem well suited to each other and very happy together ๐Ÿ’‘

Weight this morning below target but doing a FD as I want to be a couple of kg below target before I fly out to Australia on Tuesday next week – planning for CDs on the weekend and probably also do a FD on Monday taking it into Tuesday until after I catch my flight at 1400hrs ๐Ÿคž

Went for my usual Friday morning walk – remarkably we had no rain and stayed dry with even a short peek of blue sky but if you blinked you might have missed it!!!!!!!!

@bert1802 – Hope you had a fab birthday – I’m sure you were thoroughly spoilt by your family ๐Ÿ’
    @michelinme and @basyjames – thank you both for agreeing to pick up the baton from @shinything for the next two months – great to have a plan in place so early
    @onahealthyhigh – great to have you back with us and rejoining in the April Challenge ๐Ÿค— How wonderful it will be to celebrate your 4th anniversary in maintenance during that challenge
    @catch87 – hope your neck problem is not a long term one and can be resolved with some physio and TLC – what a shame to spoil your skiing holiday with that face plant
    @penz โ€“ sorry to hear about your work troubles – hope you find a way of resolving it sooner than later ๐Ÿค—
    @strawberriesandcream – great to hear that your foot has mended and exercise is back on the agenda, hold tight to us and we will pull you back on the wagon and I’m sure that you will recycle that “regained packaging” promptly
    @kerryn73 – I started a Plank Challenge initially in August and there has been some interest during various months since so here are some useful links for you and anyone else interested:-
    **Planks for Beginners: How to do a Plank โ€“ YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASdvN_XEl_c&listโ€ฆ
    **5 min Plank Workout with timer
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqN1sEDXrIKXe16tZ
    You can increase time held for the various versions of plank as you become more proficient and ๐Ÿ’ช
    @saffy420 – glad to hear that you decided to โ€œlet it goโ€ – as you said life is too short ๐Ÿค— and also wishing you a very happy birthday – hope you had a fab time ๐Ÿ’

Huge congratulations to those who have lost weight, be it small or large – achieved goals or have successfully maintained during this MARCH 2018 โ€“ MONTHLY CHALLENGE ๐Ÿ‘

To those who seem stuck on a plateau, just think of it this way -โ€œWhen you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of โ€œrehearsalโ€ for maintenance isnโ€™t the worst thing in the worldโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‡

To those who have struggled or even put some weight back on โ€“ April is the start of a new challenge. Let us all move forward together โ€œThe struggle youโ€™re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrowโ€ ๐Ÿค—

Thank you for your kind remarks about my hosting for this past month – looking forward to the April Challenge with @shinything

@arelkade
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @kerryn73
    @fatfingers
    @at

โ€œDONโ€™T WAIT UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR GOAL TO BE PROUD OF YOURSELF. BE PROUD OF EACH STEP YOU TAKE TOWARD REACHING THAT GOALโ€

Day 30 – Atlanta, GA, USA – NFD
    Day 29 – CD

I weighed myself in and happy to say that i’m close to March Goal Weight, I still have to loose half a pound but i’m ok with it. Praying not to gain weight which i lost so far with lot of hardwork and mindful eating

ccco USA NFD Day 30

Happy Easter and Passover to everyone!
    Congratulations to everyone who has met their goals this month and good luck to everyone in the April challenge. Thank you AT for hosting the March challenge.

I was going to make today a water FD, too, but woke up too tired to do anything, so today is a controlled NFD. Tomorrow, the last day of our challenge, will be my last fast of the month. Then on to April’s challenge!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

2nd post

well, today was definitely not a FD, started well with chicken soup at 14:00, husband came home from work and ate Nutella, so did I. End of my FD, it’s fine, didn’t really need it, just wanted to do another one before the end of this month.

@saffy420 Happy Birthday!
    @at how lovely, another wedding and now it’s your daughter getting married.

We started the day cold and rainy, it got better and better, warm and sunny.

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

Day 30 Kilkenny NFD

My final weight yesterday showed 148.5 lbs and 1/2″ from my waist. That’ll be my last for this month. I’m away in the caravan with limited wifi so I’ll catch up with posts when I get home.

@saffy420 – probably the best move with the wedding in sight. Hopefully after that you can get some closure.ย  BTW happy birthday.
    @ Daffodil well done on your achievements.
    @cornishjane – epic! Well done you!

Thank you @at for your excellent stewardship. Look forward to seeing you all in April.
    Onwards and downwards.

Day 31 Final NFD for March 2018! Auckland

No whoosh this morning so thatโ€™s a wrap for March at 86.4kg. My monthly total is -2.2kg or -5lbs. A zillion to go… so great to read about the INSPIRATIONAL 12 month or grand total losses of others. Happy Easter everyone!

Day 31 March 2018…NSW Australia…NFD

Hi everyone

Very happy this morning – finally achieved more than my goal for March with a loss of 2kg (6.6kg overall) – now 75.9kg. Has to be 25 years since I was this weight. Still 10kg to go. Couldn’t have done this without knowing I am accountable to all you other 5:2’s, on our way to a healthier life – thank you all!

Have a very happy Easter and hope you are all enjoying the long weekend.

Bye for now!

Day 30 NFD Oregon USA (except I am in sunny So.California)

Hello friends! Been enjoying my vacation week. No fasting but lots of activity. Sadly I feel myself not wanting to be in photos from the trip because I am self-conscious of my looking plump.

It is disappointing to feel this way for a number of reasons. Hopefully it inspires me into better choices and better success with this WOL in the coming months. I have a big new business launch in August and will be attending a big conference where I simply want to feel my best.

@saffy420 happy birthday!๐ŸŽ‚

@shinything thanks for taking on April and please count me in.๐Ÿ‘

Big congrats to all the March success–haven’t completely caught up but saw quite a few.
    For the rest of us(me included)…on to April!

I’ll be back in town Monday April 2 so back to business on the 3rd!!๐Ÿ’ช

“Old ways won’t open new doors.”

Day 31 – Japan – NFD 81.5kg

I didn’t work out yesterday and haven’t yet today so I’m pleased with my weight. My body needed a day to recover. I’ll break my fast later this morning.

Day 30 – SW WA USA – CD

Posting rather late. Probably will not be reaching March goal. Trying to make good decisions anyway.

@daffodil2010 – you reached goal – Fantastic!

@saffy420 – Happy Birthday. Congrats on the disposal of 4 lbs in March! It’s good you’re getting to some conclusions about next steps with your friend. I wish you continued wisdom in navigating toward relational health.

@diana123 – What an encouragement you are as you reach a weight you seen for almost 40 years! Pretty amazing!

@at – Congratulations on your daughter’s upcoming nuptials! Exciting steps of life.

Good Friday blessings!

2nd post — I pushed my fast a good 38 hours. It was a very easy fast, possibly because I didn’t work out. I did some pushups and stair climbing and my weight was down to 81kg. I’m happy with it because it feels and looks like I have less fat around the middle. Almost down to just one handful in the front. Also I notice the skin on my back isn’t getting loose. So likely a little less fat under the skin.

Can someone please tell me why my name was erased from the March 2018 Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet. Thanks.

Day 30 Newcastle UK NFD ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง.
    Day 31 Newcastle UK NFD ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง.
    196lb got to be happy with that.
    Hopefully April will be warmer and i can get outside a bit more.
    Hope you’ve had a canny month.

Day 31, Newcastle UK, CD & possibly an 800 cal FD!

Hello @rraerae – I haven’t been on the forum lately and have missed any posts you’ve put up. However, I can guarantee it will have been a genuine error, if you were filling it in regularly and posting now and again to let us know how you are getting on. Anyway, hope you are going to join us in April and I look forward to getting to know you.

Thank goodness I’ve woken up this morning in a completely different frame of mind. Despite yesterday’s indulgences, I’m down a little this morning. So I’m feeling really motivated to have a very good day and see if I can achieve sub 140 lbs by tomorrow morning for final weigh-in.

I’ve skim-read some recent posts and delighted to see some brilliant results – congratulations! As @mjrbcd44 says ‘for the rest of us – there’s April’ ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a fantastic vacation @at and thanks so much for herding us through March.

@metatauta – thanks for offering to be my 5 dry buddy in April – I somehow feel that this time might be different in a positive way.

Onwards & downwards, together we are stronger.

Day 30 North Wales NFD

1lb down this month. Itโ€™s my 3rd month of Maintenance so I am really pleased. Itโ€™s fantastic that I have a wardrobe of clothes that I can now wear. Wondering when I should start to consider throwing out the clothes that are now to big. Wish I had discovered this way of life years ago. Thank you @at for hosting the challenge. Have a happy Easter everyone.

Day 31, Emden Germany, NFD

Starting weight: 54,2 kg, final weight: 54,6 kg, maintained to stay between 54 and 56 kg, so my 11th month on maintemance went well. Being retired now I find it much more difficult to stay on course, have to do better planning. I did planks every morning, but only excercised once.

@at thank you so much for taking the lead this month, you’re so good at giving everyone the attention needed!

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight or maintained, but also congratulations to the ones that didnโ€™t lose any weight, struggled or gained weight, the most important is you didnโ€™t give up and stayed with it. This WOL isnโ€™t just about weight loss, itโ€™s also about living a healthier life, both physically and mentally.

Have a good day, a happy Easter and see you all in April!

Day 31, Surrey (UK), NFD

Successful and very busy FD yesterday which means my final weight for the month is….drumroll….169lb! Yippeee!!

Very pleased with that result, as it’s a lb ahead of target of 170lb. My target for April is 165lb, and if I achieve that, I’ll be within touching distance of another key milestone – the magic BMI of 25! I’ve mentioned before about my large frame, which I think may influence my BMI. Interestingly, my waist: height ratio is now 0.49, which is within the 0.5 benchmark.

@rraerae – I’ve added your name to the March s/s and also the April one. I’m sorry your details have been lost. It’s possible for anyone to go into the communal s/s, which could explain the accidental deletion. Hopefully, it will be OK going forward into April. If you have any issues in April, I’ll do my best to sort it for you.

@at, thank you for your excellent hosting this month. You have been a star!

Good luck everyone, and see you over in the April challenge! xx

Day 31, UK, NFD

Its turning out to be a busy weekend, and I’m so not organised with my food! I might be forced to fast due to lack of food in the house and time to get it ๐Ÿ˜‚

@rraerae that must have been a genuine mistake, you are added on April one now as well, join us ๐Ÿ™‚

Just wanted to say big thank you to @at for hosting March challenge and being such a tentative and gracious host! These are for you ๐Ÿ’ โค

If anyone hasn’t seen it by now, here is the link for April challenge:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/april-2018-monthly-challenge/#post-249696

See you all there ๐Ÿค—

Day 31 UK CD

Just lost a long post with lots of comments – darn. Well done everyone for achievemetns this month whether milestones, losses or the courage to keep going amidst many temptations, or to climb aboard again after slipping off the waggon. We have got this, and each other.

Done my final weigh and measure for March. As expected, I’m up on my sudden 3lb whoosh weight of a week ago but still just below my original gentle March target – I’ll take that, thank you v much! it’s so easy to get down & derail ourselves so I’m trying to count all the positives and be mindful of the big picture

This month I’ve lost 4lb, down to 160lb /72.5kg /11st 6lb, making 19lbs since 1 Dec 2017. I thought my fat suit hadn’t shrunk – and had possibly grown after the refined carbs of the last few days (orange cake & hot cross buns!) – but i’ve lost 0.5″ from my bust & my waist. That’s 4″ from my bust, 4.5″ from my waist and 3″ from my hips since i began. My neck is down to 13.3 – who knew necks told such a story?! And – drumroll – my BMI is down a whole 0.7 to 25.8 from its original 28.7. That’s in touching distance of a healthy BMI! Woop woop.

People have suddenly started to notice – mostly saying I look really well without a sense of why. I think i look more energised and more present, and definitely more confident. A few have been amazed at how different my face looks and been keen to tell me not to lose any more. I think bc I wear baggy clothes rather than formfitting ones they hadn’t noticed the increase or the decrease. I’ll keep on keeping on.

That’s me off to post in April. Thank you so much @at for your gentle and generous hosting this month; you’ve held us together with wisdom, warmth and grace and it’s been much appreciated.

Day 31 – USA – NFD

Yesterday turned into a surprise FD, about 589 cals. After having had a whoosh this week, I bottomed out at 158.8, which was below my March goal.

Murphy’s law prevailed this a.m. and even though I had another FD, I was up 4 lbs. again. WAAAAAHHHHH. I’ll have some cheese with my whine, lol.

I’m not sure if I would like to save face and wait until tomorrow to weigh again, hoping to re-bottom out at 158.8 or just say the heck with it and post my 162.8 as a final weigh.

@at, when I see your posts, I think of a graceful gazelle leaping over the fells. Thank you for hosting March; you are always upbeat.

Day 31….Florida…..Not sure

Sorry, I didnโ€™t post yesterday, I woke up extremely dizzy and walking off balance. Nice size bruise on my hip after running into the dresser. Boy, does that sucker hurt. Not sure what the heck was wrong, I finally broke down mid morning on my FD and had a banana and drank tons of water. Thank goodness is subsided, then I wiped down walls, cleaned baseboards and cleaned under all the furniture in the front part of the house and master bedroom and master bath. It really needed to be done, they looked dinghy but only discovered that maybe they really could use a good painting.

Not sure what the heck was going on with the dizziness and walking off balance, Iโ€™m hoping that itโ€™s was just dehydration and lack of potassium and not something worse. I already have trouble walking in a straight line, so being off balance just makes it worse. My bestie works at an walk in clinic, if she was there today, I would run up and have my ears checked but would you know it, sheโ€™s off today!
    The cool thing is, I fall under her family plan, so I get seen for no copayment which saves me like 150$.

Well, Iโ€™m ending the month, right where I started 127lbs, the 3lbs I gain fell right off with very little effort on my part. So, that leaves me with one week to lose 2lbs before my weekend away and 7lbs to lose before heading home for a week in May. I got to buckle down, if that really going to happen.

Okay well, Ive got to head out…. lots of things to do today…. shop of Easter dinner, pick out an ending, post summary in April, post the items Iโ€™m selling on postmark.

Shameless plug

Which reminds me if you want to sell items that are now to big or buy a new smaller wardrobe give me your email and Iโ€™ll send you an invite and you can earn $5.00 just for signing up.

When someone yells stop, I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s in the name of Love, itโ€™s hammer time or I should collaborate and listen.

Day 31, Finland, NFD

Yesterdays FD didn’t turn out so well, but no worries, still managed to get under my March goal today. I am very happy with how March has gone.

@saffy420 hope you had a nice Birthday yesterday!
    @at thanks for hosting, and thanks for the plank links.

Congratulations to everyone who lost weight or met the monthly goal, for everyone else, a new challenge is just around the corner.

See you all in April!

@staffy420…….hope you have a fantastic birthday!

Day 31, Sicily, Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น, nfd

Today is our fourth day in Sicily, southeast of Sicily, Ragusa area. We are enjoying ourselves very much, enjoying shopping, delicious food especially seafood and fish when we are near the seaside villages or resorts, the lovely sunny weather and ofcorse the beautiful countryside.

Next Monday Iโ€™ll fast.

Saffy420 happy belated birthday wishes. Iโ€™ve not posted this passed three days.

I wish everyone a happy and blessed Easter.๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ‡ enjoy the weekend!

@at thanks so much for hosting the March challenge.

Day 31, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Maintained throughout March. Thank you very much for hosting @at๐Ÿ’. Have a wonderful, fun and safe trip to Australia. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Happy Easter to all who are celebrating! ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฅ€๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒ

See you in April!

Day 31 – SW WA USA – NFD

Shucks, up 1/2 lb from beginning of month. But planning to keep on.

Off on spring break travelling for the week.

Thank you @at for hosting March.

Happy Easter!

Day 31 – UK – CD

“May you feel the hope of new beginnings, love and happiness during this joyful Easter holiday”

Well here we are on the last day of this March Challenge – hasn’t it gone fast……..

Had a just under 600cal FD yesterday and yet to break my fast again today so as it’s now gone 5pm I think that I will wait until my evening meal before I eat ๐Ÿ˜Š Weight this morning was 53.2kg/117.3lbs with a BMI 20.1 so still maintaining nicely between 52kg and 55kg. I have now completed my 15th month in maintenance ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Thank you to everyone for the kind remarks about my hosting for this month, I have enjoyed it and it has been very useful to keep me focused and on track. I am also happy that I have stayed on track with my exercise regime but not so happy regarding my alcohol intake!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I’m on holidays for the next month so may have to target May to do a 5:2 with alcohol ๐Ÿ˜‡:๐Ÿท

@rraerae – sorry that was me – I was tidying up the March spreadsheet and removed anyone who had not posted since the beginning of the challenge, assuming they had decided not to participate. I see that @fatfingers has added you back on the March spread sheet – apologies if I missed any posts from you in March ๐Ÿค— Please do join us for the April Challenge with @shinything

Congratulations and a great big well done to those who have reported a loss or stayed in maintenance during this challenge:-
    @daffodil2010 – 5lbs ๐Ÿ’ƒ @cornish-jane – 2.3kg and 24.5kg in total ๐Ÿ‘ @catch87 – 2.6kg is great!!! @saffy420 – 4lbs in March and 4 stones (56lbs) in a year ๐Ÿ‘ @shinything – maintaining at 55kg ๐Ÿ˜‡@Basyjames – 5lbs ๐Ÿ’ƒ @diana123 – 5lbs ๐Ÿ’ƒ @mishty – on getting so close to that March goal ๐Ÿ˜‡@Debster251 – on getting to 148.5 lbs and losing 1/2โ€ณ from your waist ๐Ÿ‘ @merryapple – 2.2kg/5lbs eradicated ๐Ÿ’ƒ @arelkade – 2kg and 6.6kg overall and reaching a new low in 25 years ๐Ÿ‘ @dykask – on getting to 81kg @steve-toon-taxi-driver – 1.8kg and feeling happy with 88.9kg/196lb @molij – 3rd month in maintenance and 1lb down this month ๐Ÿ˜‡ @snowflake56 – happy maintenance ๐Ÿ˜‡ @fatfingers – 169lbs i.e. 1lb below your March target ๐Ÿ’ƒ @michelinme – 4lbs and 19lbs since beginning of December ๐Ÿ‘ @bert1802 – maintaining at 127lbs ๐Ÿ˜‡ @kerryn73 – on getting below your March goal ๐Ÿ’ƒ @aimingforhealth – 1.4kg ๐Ÿ‘ @redrockgirl302 – happy maintenance ๐Ÿ˜‡

@shinything – Thank you so much for taking over for the April challenge ๐Ÿค—

โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 31 California NFD Maintenance

Ended the month right where I started, which is at my goal. So this is 3 months on maintenance, with 2 – 500 calorie FD per week. Itโ€™s working well since I seem to be able to snack and eat a lot on NFDs. I usually gain a couple kgโ€™s and then lose them on FDs. Once in a while, if Iโ€™m a little careful, I even lose some on NFDs. In any case, this is easy for me to stick to, I donโ€™t feel like Iโ€™m on a diet, and I fit into my size 4/6 skinny jeans and have even bought more. (Those are US sizes. I think they would be a size 10 or 12 in Aus or the UK – a good reason not to change country! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜)

So allโ€™s well in 5:2 Land. This is the only weight loss method where Iโ€™ve ever been able to sustain my weight without a lot of anxiety about what to eat and without feeling deprived. Thank you for writing the book, Michael Mosely! Iโ€™m a happy camper!

Thank you to @at for hosting March and for all of the encouragement you give to everyone! And thank you to everyone who posts on these forums for being here, and making this a fun journey.

Day 31 โ€“ย Iceland โ€“ย CD

Just a quick post, had a good FD yesterday and trying to stay controlled on the last day of this challenge, final weigh-in tomorrow!

Day 31 USA (UT visiting) NFD

@at — thank you ever so much for your constant support during March! YEAH!

@arelkade – isn’t it terrific to see a weight on the scale that was long ago? I remember very well hitting that 170# mark (about 76 kg) that was so wonderful to see!

@molij — I’m with you on maintenance. Each season, I would go through clothes and make another pile for Goodwill. I am sure there are still clothes in the closet that are kind of big, but I have indeed bought a lot of new ones!

@metatauta – whew for your whoosh!

@califdreamer – my 18 months of maintenance has been like that, +/- 3 pounds throughout the month. I try to maintain under TDEE on my NFD’s (6) and about 600 on FD (1).

Happy Easter to all who celebrate. It will be nice to be with family tomorrow.

I’m also a huge NCAA fan, and the Final Four has me somewhat torn. I’m happy for Loyola/Chicago and their success (and Sister Jean!) ’cause I was born in Chi-town. BUT, #2 and #4 kids went to Michigan. So I suppose I will be happy no matter who wins that game. And it’s BBQ ribs for dinner! The 2nd game tonight I hope goes to Villanova as my bracket has them winning it all.

Over to April with anyone who is thoroughly enjoying this WOL like I do!

Onward and downward.

Day31 UK NFD

Just posting to say @at thanks so much for,hosting in March. Have a lovely holiday and enjoy the wedding. Iโ€™m headed to the April challenge to see what the next month brings,

Happy Easter all.

Day 31 – Nebraska USA – NFD

Well didn’t do as well as I would have liked this month. Did some traveling and got off track but hope to do better next month!

Blessed Easter Everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,162 total)

You must be logged in to reply.