MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,160 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 1,162 total)

• Day 17 California NFD ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️👒

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all of my Irish friends and to everyone else who celebrates! ☘️ I realize I’m really late with the wishes but have been busy preparing corned beef and cabbage and all the trimmings, while listening to my St. Patrick’s Day ☘️ playlist all day. Taking a break now because the corned beef needs a little more time. (Why do I always underestimate how long they take, even in the Instant Pot to be falling apart tender?) This is usually the only time of the year we have corned beef so I’m really looking forward to it. Needless to say, this is a NFD. ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Day 17 – SW WA USA – NFD

So good to have a weekend! Enjoyed a quick time at the 1st Farmers Market of the season. A rain shower cut it short but it was still good to touch base with some folks from last season while getting stocked up on some yummy roasted hazelnuts and veggies

@metatauta – interesting about your noodles. The ones I use just need a good rinsing under hot water as @snowflake56 mentioned. I really enjoy them.

@mjrbcd44 – so sorry to hear of the family situation. I hope it can work out to a better place & that you’ll find healing.

Enjoy the rest of St.Patrick’s Day!

@rainbowsmile – may things work out for good and get resolved soon for you in the technology department

Rainbowsmile: I am so sorry for you! My heart goes out to you! I will be thinking of you!

Well, today definitely was a NFD. I chose to celebrate St. Pat’s! I didn’t go hugely over my TDEE but it was a celebratory calorie count! Tomorrow I will be back on track! Have a great evening/night everyone! 🙂

Day 18 Auckland. NFD
    Hi all. Have just spent a couple of hours catching up on several days worth of posts. Great to read the level of support for and from everyone.
    We have been so busy but I have kept my daily weighs and food diary going. Am getting used to the swings in the scales and overall am on the slippery slope downhill. This month so far I’m down 1.2kg to 87.4kg with a FD coming up tomorrow. At my heaviest 2 years ago I was +107kg. I got down to around 90kg on my own (a revelation that I could do this!) but got a wee bit stuck. 5:2 is fantastic the way it cuts back the total weekly calories!
    @cornish-jane You’re getting away from me. Nearly into the 70kgs! I make sour dough bread weekly and have done for 15 years. I used to use a kg of flour to make it up it but now I make the loaf half the size which means the slices are smaller… I also just have it at breakfast and lunch. I’m trying to avoid starchy carbs at dinner time…
    Good to be back, welcome to all the new people.
    Macintosh the Westie is down to 9.9kg with 2-300gms to go!
    Cheers!

Day 18 – Japan – NFD 🙂

Hi Merryapple

We are fellow Aucklanders :)) I have also gone from 101.6 to 89.3 – achieved with the 5:2. Fasting on Tuesday – Kinda looking forward to it. Over indulged at the weekend, back on track tomorrow.

Hope your week is good. :))

Day 18, London, UK, NFD

A few poor choices were made during yesterdays’ FD, I’ll aim to be super controlled today to balance it out, then Mon, Wed & Thurs FDs to reset the week and prepare for my holiday!!! I may throw another FD in on Saturday before the indulgences to follow, we’ll see how the week goes.

I hope everyone is having a successful weekend, by that I mean at least controlled!!!

Stay strong everyone!!!

Same day 11pm
    Greetings @nancy Holland! May we shrink together!
    No posts as yet from the northern hemisphere. The Irish will all be out celebrating their win on over English rugby!!!! Helped of course by a Kiwi coach!!!

Day 18, Guildford UK, NFD

Damn technology still not working. So returned to Guildford, will go to office to get laptop.

That was the plan, we are snowed in. So now a trek.

Did I say I was very cross? Now I am somehow philosophical.

Everyone is allowed to swear on my behalf.

Thank you for the empathy @mjrbcd44, it comes from a place of knowledge!

@snowflake56 I bought this ipad to save me technology issues. I have a lovely ipad pencil and am enjoying it’s use. I think an enormous relief not to have to deal with work technology issues.

@annemarilyn at least if I grit my teeth and growl I am not eating.

@ccco thank you. Whenever I see your handle I think chocolate. Hmmmmmm

Now more serious things, I must be a stress eater and an emotional eater. Heck I am an eater even when happy.

I am still dry though, apart from two glasses with meals with friends, no alcohol since Jan 1. I am thinking i might have a dry 2018 (with exception of once per month in case needed for celebrations).

Is anyone doing the plank challenge in April?

Mari

Day 18 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧
    Day 17 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧
    Half pound loss not great but it’s down.☹ no allotment today due to the snow so a few indoor jobs and a bit of telly.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Relaxing indoors on this bitterly cold day and enjoying a lazy doing nothing much day. Had a delicious brunch of soft boiled egg on spinach with avocado. Happy Sunday all 🙂

Day 18 – Fuertaventura – NFD

Beautiful start to the holiday…. 40 minute jog when I didn’t have to tog up to protect against the cold… oh joy!!!

Followed by a mindful breakfast… Oh joy!!!

Maybe a maintain is on the cards…. I know early days!!!

@mjrbcd44 … Thinking of you… supporting my aging Dad in his final years was one of the most emotional times of my life. To have a sister ‘helping’ must be challenging. Be kind to yourself.

@at… How tiny is that! There’s lots of us enjoying the image of a stunning magenta and navy outfit!

@missybear… Interested to know if your FMD followed a particular plan or did you formulate your own?

Off to do some lengths!

Day 18, Newcastle UK, NFD

Didn’t have time to post yesterday before catching an early train to York for the day with a bunch of girls to celebrate my longest ever friend’s 60th birthday. We had a superb day finished with a lovely meal and me singing to the entire restaurant (there was a great piano player, who after checking out my voice, was happy to indulge me for the entire rendition of American Pie – without a mic!). Not sure how I have a voice this morning but I do. My foot is very obviously fixed as I was up dancing earlier on. (Never learn!).

Sadly, we had a terrible night when our lovely old dog collapsed and could not get up. Consequently we got little sleep, and listening to hear breathing, did not expect her to last until morning. However, she has, she managed to get up and has rallied round. But we know the reality of the situation and are both very sad. We already have an appointment with the vet in the morning to get her checked over and get his opinion on ‘timings’.

@rainbowsmile – with 12 minutes to go before next year’s country festival tickets went on presale last Thursday morning, my laptop decided to close down and update software. I was nearly having kittens! I managed to get it up and running with 3 minutes to spare and managed to secure some super tickets.
    @mjrbcd44 – I am so sorry that you have had to experience such a traumatic event; I can understand how terribly hurt and angry you must feel. I can only hope that your elder sister took this course of action out of the very best of intentions for both your Dad and her other sisters.
    @michelinme – best wishes today for a very successful meeting.
    @flourbaby – I love reading your posts – they are always upbeat and inspirational. Thank you.

Many congratulations to Ireland for such a superb result on St. Patrick’s day.

My post hasn’t been very focussed on 5:2 today – but all these life events definitely have an impact on food choices – for good or bad.

Keep on keeping on – onwards and downwards – together we are stronger.

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick post before singing with church praise team, directing choral & hand bell concert, then musicians do supper at a local Chinese restaurant. All looks good so far. Even one of our basses who also plays hand bells with us seems to be well enough to play at least. There is stomach flu going around here like crazy! It’s hard to find a sub at the last minute who can read music well enough and plays hand bells!

Maintenance going fine. Hugs to you all!

Onward and downward.

Day 16 – 18 – UK – NFD

Been super busy over the past week but all great fun! Woke up to only a light dusting of snow this morning but it is so cold…..
    Hope that those who celebrated St Patrick’s day had a good time @daffodil2010 @debster251 – my very good Irish friend from down south was super happy as Ireland 🇮🇪won the grand slam in Rugby with a strong win over England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿(sorry to the English fans on here) and great job by Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 too! Brilliant afternoon of Rugby!!!!!!

@flourbaby and other Pilates enthusiasts – Attended a brilliant Pilates workshop on Saturday 0930-1200 on “Focus on Fascia – Upper Body” I had attended the “Focus on Fascia – Lower Body” one about a month ago – These two workshops started with the use of props such as therapy balls and bands to help improve the quality of our fascia so it glides rather than sticks, learning techniques that we could then use on our own at home.
    In the first workshop this was followed by a session using moves mostly Pilates based to maximise what we had gained/learnt and in the second workshop we did a H.I.P. session to lengthen and strengthen, this was a high intensity pilates session but great fun!

I’m like a lot of the good bread lovers on this forum, @flourbaby @cornish-jane, I cannot stop eating freshly made sourdough bread if in the house, so I no longer keep any in the house or it will all, and I mean ALL get eaten – These days I reserve the pleasure of eating a slice when I’m out….. OH makes his own bread, he likes his own recipe made with spelt flour and lots of prunes, apricots, nuts and seeds in it – more like a dense fruit and nut loaf, which thankfully I can leave that one well alone apart from maybe a slice when freshly made.

Well Day 15 ended up being a very controlled day but unfortunately the same cannot be said for days 16-16 both being Feast Days 😈 Going to try for a CD in preparation for a FD tomorrow – Saturday morning weight was 54kg still 1kg below target so cannot grumble about that!

Thank you for the lovely comments about my dress – I do love it as it made me feel fab when I put in on, I have a lightweight navy silk shawl if it gets cooler in the evening and some navy heels and bag – colour is a bit different for me but my two friends who came shopping with me thought it suited me

@lilymartin – great to hear that you are back on track 👍
    @scribbleartist – Good to hear from you and how wonderful to hear that you have melted away 8lbs since 1/2 😇
    @okeydokey – so good to hear that you and your family are all still on board and doing great 🤗
    @ktcaroline – hope you feel better soon and as you say next week is a fresh start – why don’t you press that RESET button with the Monday FD group??
    @songbirdme – thinking of you today directing your concert with your fab haircut and new pink dress 👗(sorry I could not find a pink one!!) I also recently celebrated my 2 year anniversary on this WOL – Jan 2016 start for me.
    @Strawberriesandcream – good news on your weight and your dad starting to feel a bit better, if not fully there yet – fingers crossed on his blood test results! A sad end to a wonderful day on Day 17 for you but good to hear that your fur baby has rallied round a bit this morning!
    @diana123 – well done on that 2.5lbs eradicated so far this month
    @missybear – good to hear your FMD experiment has gone so well and that you have stayed focused coming off those 5 days
    @aimingforhealth – WELCOME on board to the March challenge – to make it easier for everyone, even though you joined us on March 15 that is still Day 15 for you – read my first post on Day 1 of this challenge for some general information and you will also find a link to the spreadsheet – I have added you on if you want to use it and fill in your details
    @michelinme – well done on reaching your March Target early and a great drop in your BMI too 👏
    @ccco – I would also advise sticking to the basic 5:2 – it is not a quick fix, it may be a bit slow but it works! Here are some links to the original FMD diet – https://prolonfmd.com/fasting-mimicking-diet/
    and an interesting article in the Telegraph from someone who tried it:-https://www.telegraph.co.uk/…/diet/…/Forget-the-Fast-Diet-and-try-the-Fast-Mimicking-…
    However some people have tried to create their own – here is a link to an article about this – This guide explains how to prepare and do it – Fasting Mimicking Diet Do-It-Yourself Guide ⋆ Forever Free From:- foreverfreefrom.com › Living Well
    @nancy-holland – WELCOME to you too – read my first post on Day 1 of this challenge for some general information and you will also find a link to the spreadsheet – I have added you on if you want to use it and fill in your details
    @dykask@flourbaby post to you said it all…….loved it
    @hyacinth – sounds like you are having a fab time in LA 🍸🍸
    @toddybear – have a fab time in Fuertaventura and don’t fret about that 1lb
    @kerryn73 – hope you enjoyed celebrating your name day yesterday 🥂
    @snowflake56 – retirement is meant to be celebrated – so glad you had a great time and how fab to have friends come over from the Netherlands to help you do that 🥂
    @saffy420 – you’ll do it this month – no fear – stay positive
    @diana123 – 3lbs away from your goal weight!!!! you should definitely be feeling FAB about that 💃
    @rainbowsmile – felt your pain – don’t you just hate technology sometime – hope you can get it sorted out!
    @mjrbcd44 – just lots of 🤗🤗🤗

I’m off out to brave that very chilly wind to meet a friend for a coffee and a catch up in the village – OH has gone out on the fells running brave man or should I say silly man 😉!!!!!! I know what I would rather do😊

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and hope for some company on my FD tomorrow…..
    “If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results” Jack Dixon

Day 18 – USA – NFD

This month is really flying by! @Strawberriesandcream, so sorry to hear bout Winnie failing, but glad she got up to spend another day with you and OH.

Broke my dry rule last night – had a few beers; after all, it was St. Paddy’s day! As I posted the other day, I will continue Sun. through Thurs. dry, but depending on circumstances, I may switch the days around so they are not consecutive, but it will turn out to be 5 days dry, 2 days not per week. It has helped me feel better overall and I plan to continue it, maybe even go down to 1 day a week; we’ll see.

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 18 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Yesterday I went over my TDEE’s for goal weight. During dinner I was half way through my dish and was feeling very full, yet I ate the whole plate, I really paid the price for it too. my stomach hurt all night.

Feel good this am as I weighed myself and didn’t gain any weight, whew won’t do that again. Took my measurements and really happy to see I have lost 2 inches every where. I have finally found a WOL that works. Oh and my dress for the May 27th wedding fits like a glove. Feel fab today.

I might not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s freezing and snowing today. So cold. DH has gone off to work, stepdaughter and granddaughter have gone home, so I have the place to myself for the rest of the day. Mmmmm, what to do? Relax and enjoy the quiet, maybe light the fire, maybe a cheeky glass of wine too?

Tomorrow is an FD.
    @at I will be joining you tomorrow ☺️

Have a great Sunday everybody.

2nd post

@toddybear I followed the FMD plan of Valter Longo’s ‘The Longevity Diet’ and if you are interested in doing FMD I strongly recommend that you read his book first. Its important to get the balance of complex carbohdrates, healthy fats, protein and calories right. I’ve seen some articles in the media that go under the title FMD but which are very loosely based on The Longevity Diet (which is a long term everyday diet devised by Longo) but are not the proper FMD element – I even saw one newpaper article with a diet plan for ‘FMD’ that included porridge and fruit….these foods do not form part of Longo’s guidance for FMD. It was a bit of a faff having to research the nutritional content of all the veg and healthy fats I ate, but well worth doing – I did it in advance so all 5 days were planned from the onset and that made it much easier. If you decide to give it go and have any other questions about my experience just ask. Enjoy your holiday!

@at and @daffodil2010 I’ll be on a FD with you tomorrow.

Day 18, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I like your saying At.

I’ve already eaten slightly above my tdee. I’ll refrain from eating anything more today.

I’m still a little sick 🤒 with flu. I’ve taken my flu injection but it still seems that I’ll get sick with it anyway.

Tomorrow I’ll fast.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 18 – USA – NFD
    Second post: @mjrbcd44, I can commiserate on your experience…the same thing happened with me when my mom was moved into an Alzheimer’s facility; her little apartment was completely cleaned out without my involvement. I agree with whoever else suggested that we hope they did it with your and your dad’s best interests in mind, but I understand how it still hurts.

Day 18, Guildford UK

Second post

@mjrbcd44 I included you and your aged pa in my votive today. Hope that’s OK.

I also added poorly woofie @strawberriesandcream

Mari

Day 18, Emden Germany, NFD

@at our friends came over to help to get everything out of the practice, we’re half through, we had a really good time together, laughed so much.
    @mjrbcd44 my sisters did the same with my mother a few years ago, one of my sisters called and asked me when I could come over to pick up my things that were still at my mother’s house. I didn’t have time to go, so they threw everything away. I still think it was mean to me, but for my mother is might have been the best solution.
    @rainbowsmile I never have any problems with my laptop at home (Sony with a touchscreen, I like it), but at work it was just annoying. I’m with you on the plank challenge, it want to keep my great shouders and abs, but why not start now?
    @strawberriesandcream gosh, how brave you are, singing at a restaurant. I’m so sorry the nice day was followed by such a night. Try to make the right decision at the vet tomorrow, it will hurt, whatever the outcome will be, animals can be such good companions. Hugs.

Pocket list day 19, if you want to join, please copy and paste and add your name to te list:

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline are you joining us?
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

Day 18 Lancaster, PA US FD till 5:00 PM

Hope all celebrating had a Great St. Patrick’s Day!💚🍀

So Happy after 4 FD’s B2B with liquid and 500 cals or less, I’ve gotten back to my weight of 152 lbs! 💃💃 I’m doing my Happy Dance! 💃💃
    I’m so grateful for our supportive group!✨🎶✨
    I’ll have a couple short ribs and potato, cole slaw for dinner. Hopefully it won’t be to hard tomorrow to get back on the wagon. We have a family get together for my fathers 75 Birthday… a surprise for him.🎉 So I’ll try to keep my cals low and eat nutritious this coming week. 😊✨☀️I’ll be fasting tomorrow. ✨💛✨

Pocket list day 19, if you want to join, please copy and paste and add your name to te list:

@flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey

✨💛Wishing everyone well!💛✨ Best Wishes for this coming week also!✨🎉

Day 19 – Japan – FD

Adding myself to the day 19 pocket list.

@flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask

ccco USA Day 18 FD

Had a great FD today! Also, had a wonderful St. Pat’s Day yesterday without going over my TDEE. I made a new cabbage recipe. It was so good, that I will definitely make it again! Today’s weather was beautiful and 55 degrees F! It’s hard to believe we are expecting snow on Tuesday and Wednesday I can’t believe we will begin Spring with snow!!

Rainbowsmile: I didn’t know there was a plant challenge but I have been doing them with my personal trainer for a number of years now and I love them! I can’t think of a better exercise or your torso than that! If there is a challenge, I would join it! Where is it? Also, my handle actually is the initials from my name but I definitely can see how it would remind people of chocolate! LOL and Yum! I am a stress eater, too! It’s hard. When I was younger, I could go out and run the stress off and now I can power walk it off but not in the Summer!

AT: Thank you for those links! I will read them as soon as I finish posting. I am still pretty shocked! Can’t understand how vegetables could do me in??? LOL

Diana123: 3 lbs away from goal! 🙂 I am jealous! Glad that dress fits!

Okeydokey: Congrats! 🙂

Have a great evening/night everyone!

Had an indulgent weekend away in the caravan for the first time this season. Went to the pub to watch Ireland win the triple crown and had a few more G&Ts in the evening. Hats off to England. They fought to the bitter end. Very well done to both Scotland and Wales who have played so well over the tournament.
    We woke to a bitter wind and a dusting of snow this morning and decided to wrap up the weekend a day early.

@hyacinth – Oregon sounds amazing. It’s been added to the list!
    Good to see you back @mia139
    @diana123 – what amazing success you’ve had In a short space of time. Well done.
    @at I looks like a fabulous dress. You’ll knock them dead!
    Thank you @songbirdme for the link.
    @Strawberriesandcream – I’m envious. I love Beth Nielsen Chapman!
    @toddybear – have a great holiday
    Happy name day @kerryn73
    @rainbowsmile – I hope you got your IT problem sorted out in time.
    @mjrbcd44 I’m so sorry to hear about your problems. Many of us here have experienced the emotional roller coaster of family disagreements and there are no winners for sure. Did you arrive at some sort of closure at the end of it?
    @Strawberriesandcream – difficult times for you and your furry friend.
    @at your Pilates sounds amazing. My instructor has been training in standing Pilates and this has found its way into our practice. Great for the balance.

@flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251

A new week beckons

Day 18 UK Feast Day

Made it out and back around the snow, posting late to keep myself accountable. Long, long day of 7 activities with 4 different groups at different ends of town, inc one which had tea & a special service and ended with a formal dinner! A really wonderful day full of enriching experiences – people, conversations, reflections – and quite my fullest day in years. It will take a lot of processing.

Delighted to have taken my own (400 calorie lunch) to lunchtime meeting, so I then had only two teeny tiny gf cake things at tea time followed by the healthiest possible dinner of mushroom soup, aubergine curry with rice and steamed vegetables finishing with fresh fruit salad. I found out afterwards I’d accidentally been logged as gluten free vegan! I also had a couple of glasses of white wine – my first alcohol this year which feels like pretty good going.

@strawberriesandcream I’m really sorry about your dog, tho so glad you have had today together
    @mrcbd44 i’m so sorry, that sounds really painful and upsetting. I hope something shifts to bring about healing

Bed! Here’s hoping happy Mondays lie ahead for us all ….

Day 18 – SW WA USA – NFD

It’s an interesting weekend. Mostly staying to a 16:8 but after that, there’s not been much of a schedule to my food consumption, I’ve tried some fun and tasty items including a St.Patrick’s Day hash at Shari’s. Have been somewhat controlled.

@okeydokey – enjoy your dad’s birthday. It’s wonderful to enjoy our parents while they’re still with us.

@songbirdme – hopefully your concert went well. Perhaps you’ll put pictures on the FB page again?

Will be ready for the FD tomorrow.

Pocket list day 19, if you want to join, please copy and paste and add your name to the list:
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn

Day 19…NSW Australia…FD

Hi everyone. Just checking in.
    Having an easier FD today – so far, only liquids, will have dinner tonight. Thought I’d add my name to today’s list!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Pocket list day 19, if you want to join, please copy and paste and add your name to the list:
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade

Concert went wonderfully! Everyone loved my pink dress too – a color I almost never wear. My Facebook: Gwynne Hookanson French — for me in the dress. 🙂 Don’t think anyone took any video this time. If I find anything, I’ll post that.

Day 18 NFD Oregon USA

Thank you @annemarilyn, @toddybear, @strawberriesandcream, @metatauta,@rainbowsmile, @at, @debster251, @snowflake56 ( I think that was everyone individually) and anyone else who held good thoughts for me. I was able to have a very long conversation with my sister this morning, and we are resolved. There are so many “other” sidebar issues involved that it’s best to just move forward. I’ve spoken with my Dad too and I believe both of them now understand how and why I felt as strongly as I do/did. It was a very unnerving feeling as I truly don’t have those kind of crying events, but as it’s the house that my Dad has lived in for the last 33 years it’s well over half of my life. In fact I called it “home” for a long time before I had a house of my own, even though I never lived there.

Things didn’t really go well last night and the scale reflected a 2.5 lb gain this morning! YIKES! It was a “welcome back to daily weighing” wake-up call. Things have been better today, but I’ll be looking forward to Tuesday morning AFTER tomorrow’s FD!
    I’m still exhausted by the events of of the weekend. Wish it was for a more fun reason. 😉
    Will add myself to the pocket list tomorrow morning.

Many thanks to all for the support, the listening and helping me find my way back when I falter.
    “Old ways won’t open new doors.”

Day 19, Finland, FD

Well I had a lovely weekend! Thanks to @saffy420, @snowflake56, @shinything and @at for name day wishes. @flourbaby thanks to you too, and you are definitely right. Even just 3 months ago I wouldn’t have thought at all about a weekend splurge and how it would impact me. While I haven’t been strict on my NFD’s, now that my scale is going in the right direction it makes me more aware of what I am doing. So I had what I wanted on the weekend, alcohol and chocolate galore…and I am feeling it today. Bloated, blah, and my insides are protesting too… terrible gas in response to the sugar. I also have a cold sore which I haven’t had in ages. Am definitely looking forward to FD today! And still 4 FD’s left in March to get me back to my target for the month!

Before my splurge on Saturday I pulled out my first pair of wish pants, just thought i would see how far I was. Guess what…they fit! I had quite the muffin top, and couldn’t sit in them more any amount of time, but they did up!! Yeah me!

@flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @kerryn73

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Day 19, Finland, FD

Lost my post….it was long, not doing it again!

Quickly….thanks everyone for name day wishes. I overdid alcohol and chocolate on the weekend but enjoyed the weekend anyway. Feeling blah today though, and body reacting to the sugar…gas and cold sore!
    Managed to fir into my first pair of wish pants which was an unexpected surprise. Quite the muffin top, but they got on!

@flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @kerryn73

Have a wonderful day everyone! Spring is coming!

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone from a very cold but sunny Emden!

@flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73

@annemarilyn thanks for the “the” correction, saw it, but couldn’t change it anymore.
    @okeydokey well done, but we know what you’re able to do!
    @songbirdme what a pity I’m not on Facebook and what a pity we can’t put pictures on here, I’m sure you looked pretty in pink. We saw a lovely film the other night about a choir, I’m sure you’ve heard of them, the young@heart choir. Just couldn’t stop crying when hearing “Fix You”, it was so beautiful and touching. They are doing a concert in Rotterdam in May, perhaps we’ll be able to see them. How old are the members in your choir?
    @strawberriesandcream will be thinking of you, hugs.
    @mjrbcd44 I’m glad you kind of sorted it out, but it’s hard.

Make it a great day, whatever you’re doing!

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I had a great weekend, but it goes so fast. Today is a bank holiday in Ireland (due to Paddys Day falling on Saturday) but I have to go to work. It feels like I am the only one working in my village, nobody is stirring outside ☺️

Up the usual few pounds after the weekend, I expect this every Monday, just as I am confident to lose it soon. It’s an FD today so it’s lentil soup for lunch and then try not to eat much more until near bedtime when I might have an oatbran porridge with blueberries. My stomach is roaring now, not with hunger, just noisy. I took a little sip of kefir earlier, I wonder if it’s that?

Better go thaw out the car before I go to work. The garage gave me a teeny
    Volkswagen Up while mine is in for repair …..it’s a sweet little city car, perfect for tootling about Paris or Rome, hope it’s able for the snow covered hills around here 😄

Have a good day everybody.

Day 19, Cornwall UK, FD

Looking for a bit more progress this month. Only down 1kg so far but 2 more weigh-ins before the end of the month is an opportunity to succeed! 💪

Its very snowy in Cornwall this morning. School closed so celebrations in our household! Hope the post is collected today as it disrupts my business big time if not.

@merryapple – I have a sister who lives in NZ and I miss her terribly. Nice place to live though so I can see why she is there.

The last sourdough loaf was VERY sour! Actually too much for me. It was about half starter mix and half flour so we will lower the starter content to about a quarter. It is fun to experiment but i will restrict baking to the weekend. I also like pumpernickel bread. All this talk about bread….interesting….wonder if I have an issue here?!

I’ve been reading about polyphenols this weekend. And the Mediterranean Diet. And how good it is to aim in the direction of 10 portions of fruit & veg a day. I like the focus on eating positive rather than a long list of what not to eat. If I eat that much fruit & veg there is not much space for anything else!

Day 19 Australia FD

Fast day is going well. Just about to have dinner of chicken and vegetables!

I must say it is sooo much easier fasting on a work day. I’m wondering if I should make my fast days Monday and Wednesday, but I’m not sure if it will work properly – thoughts?

Had a great day, beautiful weather. Winter can wait.

Day 19 FD is nearly over! It’s 8.30pm here in NZ

Macintosh and I had a long afternoon walk along the beach today. The wind was coming in off the sea and was quite invigorating. We came home and I cooked lamb chops for everyone with salad and new potatoes. I had two baby spuds despite my declaration about no starchy carbs in the evening then I just had to have another so I’m over the 500 mark but not badly so I hope!

I’ll join in the pocket list for the camaraderie and the fact that my eating is done for the day…
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple

@strawberriesandcream Macintosh and I are thinking of you and your dog. I hope you manage to keep her comfortable. How heartbreaking.

Day 19 Newcastle UK FD 🇬🇧.
    Here we go again good luck everyone.

Day 19, UK, FD
    79.7 kg. Very pleased to have come ut of the w/e below 80kg. Now for a BIG re-set!

Day 19 – UK – Reading – FD

Oooh a lot of fasters today. I agree that its easier to fast on a work day.

Yes, adding myself to the pocket list. Wish me luck, I’ve got a cold which is going to make it harder, but its got to be done. Still got snow here, but hopefully it will be gone before the end of the day.

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple

Day 19, London, UK, FD

No B2B2B this week as I’ve a day off work tomorrow, and as I find it such a struggle to fast at home, today will be my 1st of 3 FDs at work this week as well as Wed & Thurs.

Wow, public singing @strawberriesandcream, I thought @songbirdme was our only public ………………………… well, songbird!!!!

@at the Pilates workshop sounds just up my alley, unfortunately, Cumbria is a little far to travel, I’ll have to enquire locally without being disloyal to my “Oh so French & Fiery” Pilates teacher!!!!!

@okeydokey, have a great celebration of & for your dad!!! You’re making me salivate though, & it’s a FD!!!!

There has been some unwarranted (truly) & unexpected shrinkage occurring, my rings are falling off, and they look ridiculous on my thumbs!!!! The safety pin has been relocated on my trousers, of course the bra situation isn’t worth mentioning (could someone give me a break??? Just once???), but I must tell you about the baggy knickers, just picture them …………………..…it may well be TMI, but that hanging gusset……………………….………….SEXY as helll!!!!

May the baggy clothes continue, NOW I can buy ‘off the shelf’, I finally get the whole shopping for fun thing!!!!!!

Onward & downwards people!!!!!!

Day 19 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@flourbaby time to buy some new knickers maybe? Thanks for sharing, that mental picture will keep me grinning all day!

Happy Monday all, thanks for putting me on the pocket list @snowflake56 😊

Day 19, Leeds, UK, FD

Been quiet this month as i have been a little naughty about food habits. But weight is still well maintained and didnt let it shoot up. So thats ok. FDs on friday and monday are a routine these days. Hoping to finish March with some weight down. Good luck everyone.

Day 19 – London – FD

After a weekend of binging – which I blame entirely on the freezing cold weather – I am very happy to be fasting today!

Measured myself on Saturday morning and a few inches have been lost here and there so I’m very happy with that – considering I felt I had a very poor week in terms of my diet last week! Going to do my first weigh in at the end of this week!

Starting a new fresh week today! With an indoor spin session at lunch and maybe some weights in the evening and a light dinner.

Hoping the weather will sort it self out – very hard to motivate yourself not to hibernate and eat chocolate cake when its freezing outside!!

Good luck to all those fasting today!!

Adding myself to today’s pocket list:

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple
    @nelly89

Day 19 – Hampshire, UK – FD

Adding myself to the pocket list –

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple
    @nelly89
    @fivetwofan5252

This is my penultimate FD of March! One more FD on Wed 21st and then I’m off on hols 🙂

I’m somewhat regretting moving my goal downwards by 2LBS earlier this month! I could have been celebrating maintaining my goal weight since hitting it, but instead I’m annoyed that I only have until my early morning weigh-in on Thursday 22nd to hit my new goal weight!!

Anyway, the good news is
    (1) I’ve maintained my OLD goal weight (the goal which I set at start of Feb)
    (2) HappyScale app! The HappyScale app makes me feel happy! It has told me that my ‘moving average’ is now exactly mirroring my actual weight. I am guessing that means that I have more hope of maintaining it whilst not undertaking FDs on holiday?!

HappyScale is also showing me a lovely little graph where it has smoothed my progression which makes it look like a wonderful downwards curve without any annoying upticks! I love it!

Day 19, Gozo Malta, fd

Snowflake 56 thanks for adding me to today’s pocket list.

Fasting going well. I still haven’t eaten anything. I’m still a bit sick with flu. Yesterday I didn’t eat anything in the evening as I felt so stuffed eating lunch and in the afternoon. I ate way too much roasted almonds, traditional Easter sweet of Malta and Gozo and chocolate. I’m leaving Sunday to eat sweets because of Lent and I tend to overdo it especially with the nuts.

I was 68.4 kilos this morning up by a kilo from last week.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 19 USA (Illinois) CD

Maybe overate yesterday celebrating the great concert, but I expect that won’t be a difficult few pounds to lose. Going to do my best to stay especially controlled this week, hopefully all 16:8 days.

@annemarilyn – glad you found my Facebook page. I got so many compliments on my springy pink dress!

@snowflake56 – our choir does not stipulate ages, but the vast majority are 60+ and lots of us are retired. But we have also found that age demographic is also most of our audience. Not as many younger people seem to be interested in choral singing! Too bad for them. Singing is so good for the body and soul.

@flourbaby – isn’t it fun to see rings being loose? I had to get a sizer put into one of my favorite ones to keep it from falling off.

@missybear – agree! New knickers/undies were something I HAD to purchase at the weight loss. It amazed me to find a dozen pairs I had to give away.

@anna6 – flu, ugh. Sure do hope you feel much better soon. That’s not a fun way to not want to eat.

Onward and downward.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 1,162 total)

You must be logged in to reply.