MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,160 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,162 total)

• @at, hi and thank you for adding me to the March challenge. I have a long way to go and want to strike while the motivation moves me! Have entered my details on the spreadsheet, thank you. Apologies if I’m not on here much during the week but wishing everyone on here success with their WOL steps and changes. Have managed to have 3 days without alcohol but then two glasses of red wine with a lovely beef stew made by my husband. It did tip me 264 calories over my set 1200 for the day but on balance I’ve had a really good four days so not going to lose sleep over it but note that that is how I pile on the calories – it’s my weak spot.

Day 19, FD, USA

Checking in.

Day 19 UK FD

Lovely to get on the scales today and not see too much of a difference after yesterday’s feast day. A pattern of 2 FD,4 CD and one feast day seems to be doing the trick for me at the moment.

Tho really hard to stand up long enough to get on the scales – am Seriously exhausted after yesterday’s adventures, spending 3 days’ energy in a day!

Very happy to have got a late-availablity ticket for my daughter’s opera this evening – I’ve not been to one of her concerts for a while and never to a Handel opera! Despite the energy/effort involved it will be lovely, and earn me plenty of parenting points too ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy FD to everyone fasting. Hope we all have space to breathe and remind oureselves what a wonderful job we’re doing, investing in our health for the future ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 19 – USA – NFD

@flourbaby, I let out a big guffaw when I read your post about the knickers, although we call them “underpants”; hence …”I’m too sexy for my pants, too sexy for my pants, SO sexy…”

Day 19 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Doing another 40 hour fast, started at 8:00pm last night and will end tomorrow at 12:00pm, staying under 500 calories. Hope to do another one on Thursday. I can’t thank all of you enough for sharing your journey’s, it really has giving me the strength to keep doing this WOL not to mention how good I feel. Just need to add some walking once the weather takes it turn.

Day 19 โ€“ Hampshire, UK โ€“ FD

Adding myself to the pocket list โ€“

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple
    @nelly89
    @fivetwofan5252
    @diana123

Feeling grateful today. I might not be there yet, but I am closer that I was yesterday. Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 19 Belfast FD

Scales up 1.5lbs and Iโ€™m happy itโ€™s not more. The wedding is 4 weeks away so I must get a grip.

@flourbaby you made me chuckle!๐Ÿ˜‚
    @songbirdme what a beautiful dress๐Ÿ‘
    @snowflake56 – if you have a photo on google drive you can post a link and we will be able to see it.

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.

Day 19 UK FD

Had a fairly controlled weekend, and back to FD today. Just trying to fit the fasting days in around days when there are no social events! Should be easy this week as only have a lunch with friends planned for tomorrow so far. Have been to the gym so feeling very virtuous!
    Will check weight later in the week and update planner.
    Good luck to everyone this week.

ccco USA FD Day 19

Just checking in! Have a wonderful day, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 19, Surrey (UK), NFD

Had an unplanned sort-of FD yesterday whilst watching All England badminton finals in Birmingham. Wasn’t too difficult given the stodge on offer at the food outlets. Still 1lb heavier than when I went away, due to too many meals out. One of them was an Indian meal which I think has a similar effect to Chinese food. Hoping it will whoosh out again in the next day or so!

Waiting for spring to make an appearance again! Fed up with this Arctic blast – brrrr!

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Day 19 California FD

Good to see everyone back here after the weekend. And great to see I have lots of company for my regular Monday fast!

Adding myself to the pocket list โ€“

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple
    @nelly89
    @fivetwofan5252
    @diana123
    @redrockgirl302
    @califdreamer

Day 19 – SW WA USA – FD

Yes, fasting with many of you this Monday.
    @daffodil2010 I resonated with our comment of “up the usual few pounds after the weekend” as I’ve seen the pattern also. Not as bad as the previous weekend fortunately. I’m going to google the Volkswagen Up so I can visualize you driving in the snow.

@michelinme – glad you’re going to make it to your daughter’s performance. Enjoy!

@diana123 – I’m with you on usually doing 40 to 42 hours fasting. Today mine will also be under the 500 hopefully as I’ll keep it liquid until a “light” supper out with a friend. I like to make one of them liquid only if possible.

Pocket list for 3/19:

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple
    @nelly89
    @fivetwofan5252
    @diana123
    @redrockgirl302
    @califdreamer

Together we are stronger!

Day 19 Lancaster, PA USA FD

Only liquids today so far. Weโ€™ve had small wave of chills and possible flu here at our house… Making my appetite stay fairly low. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚ That can help with not eating as much. Plus I think it is clearing out and helping my immune system while Iโ€™m fasting.

@at Your dress to wear to your nieceโ€™s wedding sounds like it looks gorgeous. Iโ€™m sure it is on you. How very fun and exciting to still maintain your goal! Congratulations to you!โœจ๐ŸŽ‰
    @annemarilyn I agree, I will enjoy time with my Dad and family. โœจ๐ŸŽ‰โœจ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @snowflake56 Your a Dear ๐Ÿ’›heart, Thank-you so much for your compliment, it means a lot! Hugs ๐Ÿค— to you: โœจ๐Ÿ’›โœจ
    @flourbaby Thank-you! Itโ€™s difficult, Iโ€™m hoping hubby and twins will eat the left overs. because even the leftovers can cause me to salivate….Must be strong…๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ˜‚ I donโ€™t have an emoji of a woman dragging herself away from food. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
    If it becomes too difficult, a small portion of 500 cals or less for dinner would be ok.โœจ

SIGH… the flu…my stomach really isnโ€™t feeling like eating right now.

@fivetwofan5252 Congrats! ๐ŸŽ‰on maintaining your goal weigh!โœจ๐ŸŽ‰โœจYou deserve to feel good about it! โœจ๐Ÿ’›โœจ

โœจWishing everybody Well,โœจโœจ

Day 18, UK, NFD
    Day 19, UK, FD

Been so busy and preoccupied that I didn’t have time to post yesterday. Today is a fast day, and although its been long and not stress free I stayed strong and stuck to my fast. I feel better for doing it ๐Ÿ™‚

Adding myself to today’s list, and also, I included your name @ktcaroline since you said that you are adding yourself but somehow missed it:

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple
    @ktcaroline
    @nelly89
    @fivetwofan5252
    @diana123
    @redrockgirl302
    @califdreamer
    @shinything

Have a good day/evening everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 20 – Japan – NFD 82.5kg

17 (36+ hour) fasts done in 2018. A bunch of much shorter ones, but in my mind it really doesn’t count until I’m over 20+ hours. That is enough time to burn through most of my stored glycogen.

To the rest of the Day 19 Pocket group, hang in there and make it count!

@flourbaby
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @anna6
    @snowflake56
    @okeydokey
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @annemarilyn
    @arelkade
    @mjrbcd44
    @kerryn73
    @merryapple
    @ktcaroline
    @nelly89
    @fivetwofan5252
    @diana123
    @redrockgirl302
    @califdreamer
    @shinything
    @molij

Day 19 still FD Oregon USA

Late to post and I see @dykask is already ahead of me to day 20.

To whomever so kindly added me to the pocket list today ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

It’s 8:15 and I am just under 600 calories. Yes I am going to bed.
    Oh @flourbaby how I loved the post. Needed a good laugh and though I don’t know what you look like I got a great mental image of the baggy “knickers”. It’s such a brilliant word isn’t it @metatauta? Far more fun than our underpants. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I am sure all of you Brits hate it but Iove Bridget Jones Diary and one of my favorite quotes is “seriously naughty knickers”. Look for some of those whilst shopping @flourbaby!

I have been exhausted all day… it’s pretty amazing what a high stress event can do to you. I know I am not alone in that and my thoughts are with our folks who are struggling.
    @coda you have been on my mind and hoping you are well!

@hyacinth we are headed to So. Cal next week and your posts have made me want to go see Getty mansion. Looking forward to warm weather that’s for sure!

I did step on the scale this morning and was down a pound from Sunday morning but still up 1.5 from Friday. Hoping tomorrow morning will see it gone but regardless am sticking to the daily weighing plan.

“Old ways won’t open new doors.”

Day 20, Cornwall UK, FD

Good fast day yesterday even though its still very cold here in Cornwall. Had three pairs of socks on trying to stay warm. I felt like a bear.

@flourbaby – funny knicker situation! I too have baggy knickers. Possibly also because I am now wearing some that sat in the bottom of my cupboard for years and the elastic is gone!

Going to extend my Monday fast into Tuesday a bit to do 60 hours on 500 cals.

Will do 2 hours yoga today in the fasted state. Yoga is much easier on an empty stomach – more stretch for less sweat – no idea why! I am working on my water wheel pose and have a loooong way to go.

Day 20…NSW Australia…CFD
    Hi everyone, just checking in.
    Bye for now!

Day 20 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD
    2nd B2B

Morning all. It’s a beautiful morning here in Co Meath, but oh so cold at minus 6. The snow is gone and hopefully that’s it’s now, my poor spring flowers have taken a hammering and the daffs in particular are looking soggy and forlorn in the garden.

Had a good FD yesterday. As we finished work early at 1pm (bank holiday Monday so not busy) I decided not to have my lunch and kept it liquid only until the evening. Then it was a simple bedtime snack of oatbran porridge with blueberries. Rewarded with a 3lb loss and back to Saturday mornings weight and at least 2lbs away from that plateau. I wave it goodbye ๐Ÿ˜„

@annemarilyn I too try to have of my FD’s as either total liquid only or at least until the evening. I find Monday to be much easier to do an LFD, possibly because I have enough on board from the weekend ๐Ÿ˜‰

@cornish-jane right there with you on the extra layers due to cold. Today for work my outfit consists of thermal long sleeved vest, a cotton top, a sleeveless fleece, a woolly fleece, and I will wear my warm jacket over that. Thermal tights, a pair of woolly socks, and warm trousers. A woolly hat and gloves. Michelin Man has nothing on me โ˜บ๏ธ Layers are essential as I can just keep taking off as the day gets warmer.

@mjrbcd44 good for you on the loss. Hang in there.
    @ FlourBaby, you are, as we say in Ireland, gas craic altogether. I laughed out loud at your knicker situation ๐Ÿ˜„

Starting the Day 20 pocket fast list – copy and paste to join.

@daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane

Day 20, Finland, NFD

Good morning everyone! Hope yesterdays FD was successful for everyone. I enjoyed my FD after the splurge of the weekend. Scales are nicer looking today. Will try not to look at them again until Monday, as I don’t want to become fixated on the numbers, but rather just appreciate feeling better.

Woke up to another light dusting of snow today…I was told once that the new snow helps the old snow melt, so trying not get to depressed about the never ending winter. Am ready for spring to arrive!

Have a great day everyone!

Day 20, Guildford UK, CFD

Every day I do an action that takes me to my goal, I make an effort to stay below TDEE and at minimum my weight stays still.

I revel in the fact that I haven’t gained and even if the loss is minimal it’s ok considering the past few months of extreme stress. In the past I would have gained, yet I have held on with a tight grip.

@flourbaby I got to the stage on knickers that I bought Tesco stretchies in a size smaller than I needed and wore them until they went into holes. They were too big when I threw them away. I bought 3 cheap swimming costumes in Sainsbury at 25% off in 3 sizes. I am now in the smallest one, I think they were ยฃ8 each so a bargain.

I have wonderful clothes in size 10 in my wardrobe which I am looking forward to getting back into. It will save my beleaguered pocket, although I buy my clothes from charity shops and some on eBay these days, if I can get to size 10, the world in the wardrobe opens wide.

It’s time to get up for another day.

Mari

Day 20 – UK – FD (2nd B2B)
    Day 19 – FD

Completed a good FD yesterday coming in at 384cals and did a 60min pilates class in the afternoon followed by a 90min yoga class in the evening.

Was very glad of the company for Monday’s FD, it does seem to be a popular FD, for me it is my RESET button after a weekend, often an indulgent one I have to admit and helps me refocus for the week ahead!

Woke up feeling good this morning so decided to try for a B2B…….

It promises to be a dry and sunny day again so will be going out for a hike this morning with my usual walking group and then will see what the day brings. I have also booked for an extra yoga class this evening so hopefully this will help me stay focused to see this B2B through……

Will catch up with the posts later today – just wanted to do an early post at the start of the day to set out my intentions for the day to help with my resolve – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 20, Cornwall UK, NFD

Second post

Did a sneaky unofficial mid-week weigh-in (naughty me, as I only ever weigh myself once a week) after my Monday fast and I am 0.7kgs down. Very motivating. It will hopefully keep me on track for Friday.

I just put a note on the food cupboard door that read ‘Do not eat too much lunch!’ When I extend my fasts to 60 hours by skipping breakfast and doing yoga I can overeat at lunchtime. Classic post-exercise behaviour – to eat and rest more than normal afterwards. I read that is one of the reasons why exercise does not deliver much weight loss in most research trials. Live and learn…if only I would learn…..!

Day 20 a crisp and gloriously sunny Belfast CD

Off to enjoy the sunshine with a walk with pup and some gardening to try to undo the ravages of the snow,

@merryapple – well done to you and Macintosh too.
    Feel better soon @anna6, @okeydokey and anyone else suffering from seasonal ailments.
    @michelinme – is your daughter a professional opera singer? A proud moment for sure!

Iโ€™m a bit disappointed that after a very tight FD and a really strenuous swim class (usually a recipe for a 2lb loss) the scales are up 1/2 lb. hopefully just a blimp and all the more reason to have a controlled week this week.

Itโ€™s not how many times you get knocked down, itโ€™s how many times you get up that counts.

Have a great day everyone

Day 20, London, UK, NFD.

@okeydokey, LOL!! Now thatโ€™s an emoji I would like to see!!! But, I fear, that image is even rarer than hensโ€™ teeth!!!!! It would make a good newspaper headline though โ€ฆโ€ฆ..โ€Breaking News โ€“ Woman Drags Herself AWAY From Foodโ€

The scales may be doing that bouncy-bouncy thing again, but Iโ€™m focussing on what IS working & keeping me faithful & on track. I know the health benefits of this WOL are great, the weight loss is a wonderful bonus & the renewed self-confidence is invaluable/ incalculable โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. But, the off the shelf purchases, seeing the size ** on the tag, and the ZERO tears fitting room experience makes me want to drag strangers in off the street and say โ€œLook; look at what size fits meโ€ So, as that would most likely lead to a lengthy prison stay, Iโ€™m dragging you virtual friends into the fitting room โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. I graduated from university $% years ago wearing a voluminous size 20, today, Iโ€™m comfortable in a size 12 and Iโ€™ve still got a way to go. I bought 2 pairs of linen trousers yesterday, in size 10 (yes, and knickers in size 12 too!!!) the trousers WILL fit by my summer hols in Julyโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.or perhaps Iโ€™ll join @at in the size 8 club, and theyโ€™ll be too big?????? Who knows, Happy days, Happy dance!!!!!

@rainbowsmile, I may have mentioned before, but if I had kept any size 10 clothes as a target, they would be puff-ball skirts, legwarmers and lacy gloves in colours warranting sunglasses!!! 30 years overweight does NOT make an aspirational wardrobe!!!!

Onward & Downwards people, stay strong, stay faithful & Fast!!!!!

Day 20 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Good FD yesterday, slept deeply and now ravenous for breakfast. Exciting that so many of us can relate to baggy knickers! I havenโ€™t weighed in at under 140 in adult memory so to be my current weight of 134 at 59 is a dream come true ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a brilliant day everyone and remember its just one day at a time.

Day 20, UK, NFD

78.8 kg. Another self-sabotaged FD yesterday. Going really well until 7pm and then ended in crackers, cheese and wine. Probably around 1,500 kcal, but Iโ€™m down 2lb since yesterday, so Iโ€™ll take it. Hoping Iโ€™ll stay controlled today!

Today marks the 1 year anniversary for me on this WOL. Despite the crashes and binges, somehow Iโ€™ve managed to go from 106.5 kg to 78.8 kg. And my 32โ€ jeans now feel baggy. I did get down to 73.4 kg at the beginning of February, but am struggling to settle in the low-mid 70s, which is my mantenance goal. Iโ€™ll have to give myself a stern talking to soon… probably after Easter.

So for anyone out there struggling, if I can do it, anyone can. It is just a matter of keeping on keeping on.

BigViking it took me six years to go from 106kg to ~84kg I’m typically at. I was lower but I’m trying to build up my upper body. Still have a couple handfuls of fat in the front. My 32″ pants are wearable, but not baggy. You really rocked your progress!

Day 20 – UK – Reading – FD

Another day of fasting and blowing my nose. Despite a rotten cold I managed a semi-sensible FD yesterday. OH wasn’t in a great mood and insisted on chocolates, which didn’t help, but the scales were forgiving this morning. It may yet catch up on me, so having another go today.
    I think this is the pocket list for today:
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @ktcaroline

Day 20 UK FD

We were snowed in from Saturday to yesterday, if we hadnโ€™t woken this morning to sunshine and melting snow I might have been on a liquid fast, along with my oh! Day 20 already, this month is going so quickly. Todayโ€™s plan is to pack up and drive back home so the ideal day for fasting. Iโ€™m planning on nothing to eat till tea time when it will be a salad followed by the trusty 10calorie jelly. I might try another b2b for tomorrow as I have an all day meeting and will go for lunch with my friend who has a gastric band – the ideal excuse for me not to eat.

I need to be mindful as itโ€™s my birthday on Good Friday and then Easter Sunday after that. Still time to hit the last couple of pounds to make March target.

Keep on going everyone, keep strong.

Day 20 Newcastle UK NFD ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง.

Day 20 โ€“ Iceland โ€“ FDโ€จ

Happy anniversary @bigviking โ€“ what a great success! ๐Ÿ†

The sugar dragon is back and has been sabotaging my NFDs, have not had a sugar free NFD since the beginning of February๐Ÿ˜ณ
    I am hitting the reset button nowโ€ฆ no cookies/chocolate/ice cream for me for the remaining 12 days of this month.

And adding myself to the pocket list:

@cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @saffy420
    @borealis

Day 20, NFD, US

Good FD yesterday. I’ve been reflecting back to when I was in my late teens (last century!!). Back then, I never ate breakfast, rarely ate lunch, and typically just had one meal a day. I just followed my hunger. Over the years, though, the “habit” of eating lunch and more crept in, and so did my weight.

Therefore, I’m going to try OMAD on my non FDs during the week to see how that goes for me.

Day 20, Newcastle UK, NFD

Our lovely dog has definitely got a tumour but has rallied after being given some anti-inflammatory medication. We’re aligned with the vet that we’ll take it day by day and enjoy what time we have left with her. The sun is shining and the snow has gone, so we’re going for a gentle walk followed by lunch at our favourite dog friendly inn.

Knickers, Handel, a size 10 wardrobe on the cusp of being re-discovered. Your posts are so much part of my daily life – even if I don’t always get to post back. Thanks for the friendship.

I’m definitely coasting this month – but surprisingly feeling quite good about it. Staying under 140lbs seems like a good revised goal for end March and then I’ll set a realistic goal for April. Maybe I just have to accept that as we age, nature decides that a little extra weight is necessary for keeping bones strong and producing hormones that have stopped being produced from other places.

Had a lovely morning looking through old photos and feeling grateful for the great experiences I’ve had in my life. Makes me more determined to enjoy every day as it comes and take nothing for granted.

“Life doesn’t require that we be the best. Only that we try our best.”

Day 20 USA (Illinois – traveling to UT) NFD

Yesterday turned into a FD of 600 calories, so scale is again staying at my maintenance. I’m packed and ready for my trip to daughter and GD’s. I will be there for both of their birthdays! Plus I will see DD’s new engagement ring. She and her fiance are trying to set a wedding date around family plans. It’s their second marriage, each of them, with 5 kids and family to work around. I’m voting for autumn.

@michelinme – wonderfully exciting to get to hear your daughter sing! I know just how you feel about that. Our youngest is the performer and I will hear her in Texas in April.

@flourbaby – your success is fabulous! Look how far you have come already. Congrats!

@bigviking – congratulations on your anniversary!!

@penz – I remember those days of just one meal per day. We all didn’t really mind or feel hungry. Amazing.

@borealis – the “sugar dragon” is real. I saw a medical doctor (promoting a new book) talk on TV about what food really is for us. Then I found him doing this older interview about sugar – it’s only 4 minutes long: https://www.cbsnews.com/video/quitting-sugar-a-10-day-detox-plan-for-weight-loss/

Onward and downward.

Day 20 North Canton OH, Reset day and the first day of the rest of my life.

I’d rather not make excuses but moving has seriously hurt my game and the scales and mirror show it. I need to hit the reset button and I am doing so today. Hold me accountable everyone, this state of affairs cannot continue. I hate the loss of control, but acknowledge the stress of my situation.

ccco USA FD Day 20

Hi, everyone! Just checking in! Haven’t had time to read all the posts yet, so I will have to respond later. Have a great day and stay strong! Off to watch the snow come down again! ๐Ÿ™ Where’s Spring????

Day 20 – NFD – London

Good luck to those fasting today! Today is a non fast day for me but I haven’t eaten much today at all – just one apple and a few slices of mango, I’m really not that hungry at all. I find that the day after a fast day I’m not that hungry.

Got on the scales today for the first time since starting the challenge – I’ve lost 4 pounds! Which I’m very happy about, coupled with the inches lost on my body, I’m very happy indeed.

I’m mostly happy because I haven’t put any food off limits. I’ve eaten mindfully and used my common sense. Eat when you’re hungry, don’t when you’re not. I’ve allowed myself to binge on the weekends and eat chocolate cake and ice cream which is me and OH’s favourite weekend treat.

I’ve had dinners out, takeaways and krispy kreme donuts! And on days in between fasts typically Tuesdays and Thursdays I naturally eat less and eat more lean meats, veg fruit and wholegrains etc.

I’m very pleased with my progress so far as honestly it feels effortless!

Can’t wait to see those results next week! Good luck everyone!

@Penz- very interesting point about barely eating when in teens – I was exactly the same! I barely ate through the day and just ate a good dinner and never really worried about weight – I remember hating breakfast and my mum would always send me off to school with a banana and a slice of toast which I always hated eating that early in the morning. It’s so funny how these things are instilled in us from a young age. I’m quite happy not having breakfast every day and don’t feel as though I can’t function without it. However if I fancy a bit of brunch on the weekend – I’ll happily have some!

Day 20, Gozo Malta, fd

SongBirdMe Iโ€™m feeling better though not totally well yet. Youโ€™re right flu isnโ€™t a good way not to eat.

Fasting on 800 calories today.

@cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @saffy420
    @borealis
    @anna6

Have a great Tuesday. Tomorrow is the first day of spring.

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Going for another FD.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿฅ€

Day 20 – USA – NFD

Yesterday turned out to be a FD, woo hoo, 709 cals. I’m happy to have the leeway to go to 800 when I’m struggling on a FD, and if the weight comes off slower, so be it. At least I’m not being a martyr, which I’m good at, lol! @anna6, hope you feel better soon and anyone else with illness. @basyjames, I know you’ll bounce back; this WOL is so forgiving. @at, I’m sorry I overlooked your comment to me which was so encouraging that made me blubber as usual these days. I made a sticky note of it on my computer. Thank you again so much. @missybear, @flourbaby, congrats on your successes! @bigviking, happy 5:2 anniversary! @redrockgirl302, I have a friend who just got back from Sidona, AZ, and she talked about hiking the red rocks; are they the same red rocks that you named yourself after, even though you live in Oregon?

Second post:

@metatauta: My red rocks are in Southern Utah. Love especially Capitol Reef National Park. Hopefully will get there for some hiking, red rock infusion and serenity before leaving for Austria ๐Ÿ˜Š

ccco USA Day 20 FD
    2nd Post

Rainbowsmile: You have a great method of staying economically on top of your clothes while losing!

FlourBaby Wonderful! I will do that Happy Dance wit you!

MissyBear: I love what you said about your weight being the lowest @ 134! It’s so wonderful to read on these posts how so many are doing so well showing this WOL really works!

BigViking: You say you’re struggling right now but in looking at your overall achievements, I send you my congrats! I know you can keep up the good work! BTW! Happy 5:2 Anniversary!

Penz: Not sure what OMAD is but I am rooting for you!

Day 20 UK CD

Popped by to catch up and going away feeling inspired, warmed and connected. Thank you all for this wonderful group.

@cornish-jane i wish I’d read your post before eating a large lunch, just after doing yoga and while thinking about having a rest! I almost looked around to see if you were here ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you. I definitely need to put a similar note on my fridge – eat small after post-fast exercise.

@annemarilyn @debster251 @songbirdme thank you! DD studied/trained as a professional singer for years inc undergrad & post-grad before deciding the life was not for her – the competitiveness and insecurity really don’t gowith her temperament. She has a different day job but regularly sings services, concerts and broadcasts and occasionally other things, like this Handel opera. It was such a delightful to watch her perform in a way i’ve not seen for years, and in a wonderful production. I’m exhausted but v glad i went.

@rainbowsmile @flourbaby Knickers and clothes sizes – what a fabulous conversation! I was a size 12 when i got sick, went down to size 6-8 – underweight, but I was sick – stayed there for a year or two then steadily up to a 10. With various treatments I put on weight until 2007 I was 11st/154lbs and in size 14-16, until I stopped smoking and hormones changed. When I started this WOL 3.5 mths ago I was 178lbs and wearing stretchy baggy clothes as I couldn’t fit into my size 16s. I’m JUST beginning to fit back into some of them now, at 161lbs. I’ve given away most clothes on the journey but somewhere I’ve got a bag of my favourite size 8-10s, which would be from the early 2000s!

@strawberriesandcream so sorry about your dog and glad to hear about the bounce-back and the understanding vet. Your day today sounds lovely, I hope it was good.
    @mjrbcd44 Well done on keeping on keeping on. I hope the effects of stress heal soon, the rest will follow.
    @bigviking happy first anniversary and congratulations on an epic achievement!
    @ktcaroline and all others struggling with flu and viruses – get well soon
    @basyjames getting through a move is so stressful! Well done in getting back on the waggon – we’ve got your back!
    @borealis – you can beat the sugar dragon!

Goodness, I got quite lost in this forum world and still have a wodge of careful emails to send before the end of the day! Thank you for being a wonderful distraction in the midst of weariness and the loud call of the sugar dragon ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 20 โ€” USA โ€” FD

Back home after my trip to Southern California. Tried to be controlled the whole time, but I definitely had more alcohol than I needed while visiting old friends and relatives. The good news is that I didnโ€™t gain any weight! I consider that a win! I know that all the walking we did made that happen. We had perfect, gorgeous walking weather. There is a paved path along the beach for 26 miles from Venice through Santa Monica to Malibu. We walked 8 miles of it on Sunday. Great people watching!

@mjrbcd44 โ€” For you visit to Southern California โ€” There are two parts of the Gettyโ€”The Getty Villa in Malibu and the Getty Center in Brentwood. You can do both in one day, although way more to see at the center.The drive is about 1/2 hour on Sunset Boulevard. Both are free, but you need to make a reservation for the Villa. This time of year, on a weekday, we were able to call and make the reservation on the same day as we were driving there. A tip โ€” you have to pay $15 dollars for parking, but the parking fee is good for both places on the same day. Ask about it at the info desk. On a clear day, the view from the Center is fantastic, and nice grounds to walk around. Hope you have a great trip!

@redrockgirl302 โ€” I also love that area of Utah. We spent a week hiking there last June, Capital Reef, Bryce and the Narrows in Zion. So beautiful, such amazing light.
    I live near Red Rocks park in Colorado. With your name, I thought maybe you were from here too.

@metatauta โ€” around Sedona is also incredible. Lots of people think that area has magical powers, with energy vortexes, etc. Canโ€™t say I felt that, but it is a wonderful place to hike. Spectacular red rock formations. Incredible sunrises and sunsets.

Happy First Day of Spring!๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿฅ€๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ although it sounds like lots of you are still experiencing a rough winter. Hope the sun comes out and all the snow melts. And I guess it must be the first day of autumn down under, so Happy Fall too! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

Day 20 – SW WA USA – FD

Happy Spring to those in the northern 1/2 of the globe! I know there’s still a lot of snow in places but here we have a sunny day for this day!

@cornish-jane – I’m working on extending fasting too. I’ve been refreshing myself on Dr. Jason Fung’s idea of fasting to change things up a bit.

@Debster251- FD and scales are up. Hate when that happens but then I try to remember it could be sodium in what I ate, food in transit… it’ll probably register the loss tomorrow. Last night my meal was a taco salad at a Mexican restaurant without the shell. The scale didn’t go down much this morning like it usually does after a FD. I’m looking forward to a lower number tomorrow.

@bigviking – congrats on what you accomplished in 1 year!

@missybear & Strawberriesandcream – being under 140 lbs sounds like a dream. For you it has come true. I still have a long way from that possible goal, but it does sound lovely and good to have those who’ve accomplished it.

@songbirdme – thanks for the link on sugar that I want to check out shortly.

Adding myself to the Pocket list for Day 20:

@cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @saffy420
    @borealis
    @anna6
    @annemarilyn

Together we are stronger!

Day – 20 – Atlanta, GA, USA – FD
    Day – 19 – NFD
    DAY – 18 – NFD
    DAY – 17 – CD
    DAY – 16 – NFD

Ate above my TDEE for 3 days so today’s FD is much needed, couldnt fast yesterday as i was surrounded with all kinds of food so fasting today

Good Luck everyone

Adding myself to the Pocket list for Day 20:

@cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @ktcaroline
    @saffy420
    @borealis
    @anna6
    @annemarilyn
    @mishty

2nd post – a long one, so only read if you’re feeling philosophical!

@ccco OMAD is One Meal a Day

I was listening to an interesting Australian Broadcasting Corporation podcast on cravings today. The full transcript is here http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/allinthemind/craving/9333844

The speaker was talking about how cravings โ€œcontractsโ€ our experience, but the joy or reward we get from indulging in that craving โ€œexpandsโ€ our experience. Curiosity also expands our experience. So the presenter suggested the following approach to combat cravings:

โ€œSo if you dive into a cravingโ€ฆso typically cravings are unpleasant, they are contracted, we want them to go away, so we feed them, we smoke the cigarette, we eat the cupcake, whatever, but in a sense we can actually turn toward them and get curious about what a craving feels like and we can flip the valence from unpleasant and contracted to starting to move in the direction of expansion through curiosity. And so here now we have this inherent capacity to not only be with the craving and ride it out but start to change the quality of our experience simply through injecting that bit of curiosity into it. And in that sense those cravings have less control over us and we haveโ€ฆI wouldn’t say we have more control over them but we are less likely to get caught up in them or get in our own way.โ€

In short, mentally delve into and be aware of that feeling of craving, but just donโ€™t cave in. Explore the dragon, donโ€™t feed it. Food for thought indeed!

Third post:

@hyacinth: I live in Utah. I am very glad you enjoyed hiking our National Parks. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Happy Vernal and Autumnal Equinox!
    ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿฅ€ and ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚โ›„!

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,162 total)

You must be logged in to reply.