MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,160 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,162 total)

• Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Thanks for all the congratulations on my 2 year on our WOL. I found a letter I had written on 3/15/16 telling my friend that I was going to start this “Fast Diet.” No, not lose quickly, but as curtailing food in a fast. I kind of forget that has been one of the names of our WOL.

Did anyone see this article? I guess it was in the Sydney Morning Herald as well. https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/102294165/when-we-lose-weight-where-does-it-go
    So, we ‘breathe out’ some of the fat! Good news for singers! Then we also sweat and pee out the rest. Yeah!

Yesterday was a very good FD at about 510 calories. I kept busy, got a haircut preparing for the concert I am directing on Sunday. Finished up a grant proposal for our fledgling children’s museum, and I even hung sheets on the clothesline for the first time this season. I love the smell of laundry hung outside.

Doing my best to make today controlled. My DAFD (DayAfterFastDay) has traditionally meant I indulge myself. Won’t do that today. I am promising you all.

Onward and downward.

Day 16, Newcastle UK, CD

Congratulations @songbirdme 🙂
    A case of the green-eyed monster @saffy420????
    @steve… – what a miserable day we have in the NE. You sound like you’re back on the wagon though.
    Great to hear from you @mia139 🙂

My daily weighing is paying off well and keeping me focussed. Another controlled day yesterday and back into 9 stone land with another 1.6lb dispatched. Today is working out fine too. It’s after mid-day, and whilst I’m feeling peckish, I can’t think what I want to eat, so until I do, I won’t.

Last night I had the pleasure to meet and listen to Beth Nielsen-Chapman in an intimate little gig in Newcastle. She performed ‘This Kiss’ – the huge hit for Faith Hill – which I had seen her perform in front of 13,000 people just 5 days earlier. Yes, @annemarilyn, country music is a huge deal in the UK & Ireland. I have seen some of your biggest stars. When I get a minute, I’ll make a list – for my own interest if nothing else.

Update on Dad – he’s still feeling a little discombobulated but not as worried as he was. He lost a kidney to cancer 8 years ago and is more concerned about the effect of high blood pressure on his remaining kidney than anything else. It’ll be a week or two before we get blood test results.

“When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.” – TheMindsJournal.com

Day 16 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Well according to my new Happy Scale app,I have lost a totally of 2.5lbs so far this month. Feeling great about that and hoping to lose the same by the end of the month. I am back to wearing clothes that I have fit in for awhile. I was so excited I forgot to take measurements this morning, will do that tomorrow morning.

I know that if I hadn’t of found this form, I wouldn’t be feeling this good. Thank you everyone for sharing your journeys. It has really helped me on my on journey.

I might not be there yet, but I am closer that I was yesterday. Have a great day/night everyone.

Day 16 – USA – FD

@songbirdme, congrats to 2 years on 5:2! Send me a pic of your new haircut…I think you may still have my email from when you visited with Chitowngal and Coda? I’ll be looking for a low-carb Irish sodabread recipe…my family has a recipe that I usually use, but I wanted to make it LCHF so I don’t feel guilty eating some, lol!

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 CD

Day 6 of FMD, transition day, I can add whole grains and fruits to my complex carb veggies and healthy fats today and I don’t have to carefully weigh and measure every morsel. Feeling good and have maintained normal activity levels throughout. Only day I struggled was day 4 when I felt exhausted all afternoon. Haven’t weighed because I don’t want to be misled by a false low, I will wait until the end of the month to go give time for my weight to stabilise after resuming my normal Mediterranean diet on 5:2. I hope FMD will push me to goal but the real reason I will do it every months is for the potential health benefits.

Happy Friday everyone!

Day 1: Thursday 15th March – UK – FD #1
    OK. Sharing in case it helps! Have set myself some ground rules which I know will help me improve my health overall. I’m giving up alcohol until I reach my goal weight (with the exception of special family occasions only) because my daily glasses of wine in the evening are part of an overall sugar addiction which I believe have contributed about 80% to my weight gain. I’m also gradually weaning myself off sugar but slowly does it.
    I aim to keep to 1200-1400 calories a day on NFD’s and pretty much follow the Meditarrean diet – well more veg, less meat and healthier oils – I use olive oil mostly anyway. My TDEE is 1922 so this means at least a loss of 1lb a week but as I’m 5 stone overweight now I suspect weight may come off quite easily in the first few months. We’ll see …

Decided to fast on Thursdays and Fridays – that works for me. I’m doing it by keeping my morning coffee (currently with a tsp of sugar per cup) then have a homemade smoothie at lunchtime and the remains of that around 3/4pm when I normally get hunger pangs. Yesterday was my first day and only got hungry around 8pm – then had a little muesli with bioyoghurt on top. Job done and felt great – in fact better than usual – but this is only day 1. My plan is to gradually cut out sugar altogether in my coffee – but gradually to avoid crankiness and leg cramps!

Smoothie Recipe: (I recently bought a nutribullet and I love it – it’s just so easy) pine nuts, 1 carrot, 1 large apple, chicory leaves (three or four) fresh parsley, fresh coriander, lazy ginger (from a jar), lazy garlic (from a jar), 1tsp ground turmeric blended with a cup roasted almond milk Result tasty green smoothie – filling and nutritious. Felt very virtuous and saved loads of time!

Day 2: Friday 16th March – UK – FD #2
    Had three cups of coffee with wholemilk and 1tsp sugar each, that lasts me until 12 noon. Still not really hungry to be honest (unusually)

Smoothie Recipe: Again fresh coriander, fresh parsley, ground ginger, 1 tsp ground turmeric, 1tsp cayenne chilli ground, 1/3 of a large cucumber, 2 small apples, chicory leaves (2 or 3), lettuce leaves (2 or 3), flax seeds (Linwoods milled organic), cacao powder (Naturya organic – high in zinc, potassium and magnesium)- blended with roasted almond milk. OK – I’ll be honest, I’m just throwing what’s in the fridge that seems like a tasty, nutritious mix – not very scientific I know, but I’m happy! I’m using turmeric in my smoothies as a general tonic just because it has so many amazing health properties and I just feel that’s right for me but look it up! I’m sure fresh is better but I’m working through my store cupboard first.

Result on day 2: Not hungry, feel less bloated and kind of generally more energised – did not expect such quick results – the big suprise on day 2 is yesterday I weighed 15 stone – today 14 stone 11!
    OK I’m not taking that weight loss particularly seriously at the moment as my weight can change up to 4lbs a day depending on what I eat or exercise. Probably this is down largely to no alcohol and less water retention etc. But again – let’s see where this gets me in a month.

2nd post
    Correction – I will do FMD every 6 months, definitely not every month!!!!!

3rd post
    @aimingforhealth sounds like a good plan, wishing you success 👍

Day 16 UK CD

This morning’s scales have whooshed down a whole 2lbs since Weds! Clearly the extra FD and careful attention this week have paid off.

I’ve lost 3lbs so far in March – the same as the whole of Feb – and reached my March goal weight of 161 lbs/73kg – set gently bc of slow progress. Total loss = 17 lbs, goal is 140lbs/63kg so another 2lbs and I’ll be halfway there. That’s a great revised goal to aim for in the rest of March – which is also the rest of Lent.

No change in the size of my fat suit but it seems to be an either/or on a weekly basis, so I’ll take that. BMI down to 26, from 28.7 on 1 Dec 2017.

What’s been different was FD were around 500 calorie rather than near 800, M/T was an unplanned B2B and Thurs another successful FD at 520. NFD were 4 CD 1000-1200, and Mothering Sunday was a Feast Day around 2000. Not rocket science, but amazing how it didn’t previously occur to me to lower the calories after a feast day! Really good to be aware of as I’m out for lunch, tea and a formal dinner on Sunday.

How funny that a small loss – a sign of progress after the effort – makes such a difference to my mood and sense of purpose. I’d got quite accustomed to being steady or stuck, and was rooting for myself to persevere despite the appearance or numbers.

I pulled an all-nighter last night to get my disability form done and was feeling pretty wiped when I got on the scales, despite a quick 3hr nap. It was pretty hard to do – and Soooo Long – even the idea of it made me anxious in case I missed things or got them wrong. Describing things accurately without either covering up what I can’t do or being pessimistic or getting depressed. A massive challenge for a natural optimist who tends to focus on workarounds and possibilities rather than getting stuck at barriers. But it needs to be ready to post in 60 minutes so I’d better get focused again!

@daffodil2010 @flourbaby congratulations on leaving the plateau – happy landings!
    @cornish-jane Bread. Yes. I’m making one loaf a week and setting it as my personal loaf for the week – but when it’s gone it’s gone. That’s helped me to cut back a fair bit. Can you give away your spare loaves? I’m sure people would love them. Say hello to the sea for me 🙂
    @scribbleartist congratulations on your 8lbs – that’s amazing!
    @kerryn73 I love your notion of “wish clothes”! I’m going to start assembling wish clothes in the back of the wardrobe. Of course, saying hello to some will mean saying farewell to some lovely others which are now beginning to look just a little too baggy to wear without looking strange 😀
    @songbirdme happy anniversary – that’s inspiring!
    @mrcbd44 thinking of you at your weigh-in this morning, fellow Friday naked one-leg weigh-mate 🙂

Day 16 NFD Oregon USA

Well braved the scale and braved looking at the past month’s spreadsheets…😳

Here’s the good news…from the start of March I’m down .5 lbs. The bad news? Well since the beginning of February I’m only down 1.0. Six weeks=one pound. And I’ve seen a lower number previously in those weeks (1.5 lower).
    I can’t even call it a plateau as I’ve been all over the board with my efforts and my gallbladder and….yes,….🍺. Happily, yesterday’s FD was good not only in terms of calories but in mental energy/sheer work. I got ALOT done both at work and when I got home last night. So waking up this morning and feeling motivated to NOT regain that SAME pound this weekend. @flourbaby I’m holding your hand (please drag me through the weekend and keep me on track with you).

Hope St. Patrick’s Day is wonderful for all of our Irish friends-@daffodil2010, @debster251 and anyone else I’m forgetting. 😊☘☘

“Old ways won’t open new doors”.

Happy Friday everyone!

Day 16, Hampshire UK – FD

@janejust
    @diana123
    I’m really glad you like the HappyScale app! I like it too!

Yesterday was meant to be a CD but I have learned a valuable lesson this week!

I seem to find the standard 5:2 regime and the standard <500 cals consumption limit really easy to follow. I can also do 16:8 really easily.

However, this week I have learned that I am not at all good as soon as I move away from that formula!

For example on Tuesday, I tried to start the FMD and that was a disaster!

Yesterday I was meant to be doing a CD, but that was also a disaster! By 3/4 way through lunchtime I had already reached 1000 calories! Plus I was still hungry! Too hungry to convert to a 16:8 and stop eating for the rest of the day, that’s for sure! So I abandoned my CD yesterday at lunchtime and ate and drank whatever I wanted, including wine and chocolate, haha!!

In the evening, I made a delicious meal from the Clever Guts recipe book (dahl recipe). I can highly recommend this book – delicious recipes and easy to make! I can’t wait to try a few more…

Back on a normal 5:2 <500 cals day today.

I think I’m just going to stick with my tried & tested formula as I don’t seem to be very good at doing the other stuff!!

Two more FDs next week planned then off on hols!

@at – Thanks so much for your kind words! Appreciate it!

@ktcaroline – I fasted through a migraine last week which was tough (as my migraines don’t give me nausea).
    However I have never managed to even contemplate fasting when I’ve had a cold / sore throat / any other kind of illness. So well done that you managed it!!!!

@missybear – huge respect to you (and to @diverdog) for completing the FMD! Hats off!

Adding myself to pocketlist for Fri 16

@camcd
    @daffodil2010
    @kerryn73
    @nelly89
    @catch87
    @songbirdme
    @diana123
    @mishty
    @basyjames
    @penz
    @bert1802
    @@missybear
    @bigviking
    @mia139
    @stevetoon taxi driver
    @arelkade
    @jemimapuddleduck
    @michelinme
    @mjrbcd44
    @fivetwofan5252

Happy weekend everyone!

@missybear – And you too, thanks for the encouragement! Must admit hunger pangs are starting to kick in – but I’ve posted a 6 month calendar on the fridge so I’m crossing off each day I stick to my goals – it’s helping me not cave in.

Day 16, Guilford UK, CFD

I feel fat today.

Mari

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Have a good Friday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

ccco USA NFD Day 16

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to update. Woke up this morning feeling really unwell with leg cramps, nausea and lightheadedness! Right away I knew what was happening. I thought my new chef diet was just low cal low carb. I have plenty of food. Well, I suddenly realized I was in ketosis. I have all the signs. This is not what I wanted. I am losing weight way too fast for my size! I realized I couldn’t drive like this, so I am staying home. I moved immediately to fix this and now I am feeling much better. I will have to make some permanent changes. When I do a water fast, I don’t feel like this!!

Daffodil: Wonderful about leaving that plateau! Congrats! Onward and downward!

Keryn73: I am rooting for you and fitting those pants! I have a pair I am hoping to get into, too!

FlourBaby: I understand perfectly how you and so many people on these posts love sour dough bread. I first ate it in the 1990s and fell immediately in love with it!

SongBird: Great job! I will read that article as soon as I finish reading our posts. I read something along this lines recently, as well, and now I find myself deliberately breathing more! LOL

michelinme: Congrates on being 8 lbs down! Yay!!

FiveTwoFan: Still don’t know what the FMD plan is? Sounds like you have found your direction! 🙂

Rainbowsmile: Good luck on your CFD. Tomorrow you’ll feel slimmer! Stay the course! 🙂

Day 16 Lancaster, PA USA FD

@hyacinth The West Coast is a beautiful place to walk. 15,000 – 20,000 steps Good for you! My Hubby and I walked a lot and had a great time in San Diego and La Jolla adventuring up the Coast, stopping for Margherita’s 🥂 when we went.

@songbird 🎶Thank-you for sharing the article about, where fat goes… interesting, it makes sense. ✨💛☀️
    My FD is going great so far! Only water, coffee and tea. I haven’t weighed myself yet. I know the big picture ✨and I know I have to make up for cooking and eating full breakfasts for my Dad as he had to gain some weight he had lost. So he could get ready for his surgeries. 😅 Just getting back on the wagon and back on track will make me happy! 🎶🎉

✨🎶Wishing Everyone a Great Day and Evening!✨✨ We Got This!✨✨🎶🎉

Day 16 California NFD Maintenance

This morning after my FD I’m back at 58.1. I’ve had some kind of flu/cold thing going on this week and I think my FDs were helpful in making me feel a little better.

@songbirdme, a big Congrats on your 2 years on 5:2! I liked that article you posted too. I had no idea most of the fat was a lot f hot air! 😁

@aimingforhealth, alcohol seems to add an unknown into the weight loss equation and the losses are a lot less dependable. I still drink wine, but not very often. I’d rather eat my calories than drink them. Good luck on your 5:2 WOL.

I’m looking forward to making corned beef and cabbage tomorrow to celebrate St. Patricks Day. That’s one of my favorite meals, and one which we usually have only on that day. (Plus leftovers the day after.)

Day 16 – SW WA USA – NFD (16:8)

I think I learned something from my eating and subsequent discomfort at the “feasting” during the end of 1/4 celebration. The adult students brought so much yummy food, much of it homemade and from various cultures. I put on a little bit of several things on my plate; not even something of everything. As I ate, I got full, but didn’t stop because I “didn’t want someone to think that I didn’t like what they made”. My stomach hurt so badly even as I put more food in my mouth. I felt fine this morning. The scale was up .5 lbs. Lesson: take less to start with; I can always get more if needed.

@daffodil2010 and @flourbaby – congrats on getting off of the plateau. I plan to follow you shortly.

@ktcaroline – when I’m feeling off, I go for chicken soup and other liquids. Usually that sits well, makes me feel better and lets me stay on the FD.

@michelinme – your mindfulness paying off encourages me. Hooray for reaching your March goal.

@ccco – there are 2 different FMDs, I believe the one folks have been referring to here is “The Fasting Mimicking Diet”.

Happy St Paddy’s Day tomorrow!

Day 16 UK NFD

Today is going well, so far. Not the healthiest , half an apple for lunch followed by half a slice of Costa carrot and walnut cake. Does anyone else see a reduced sticker on food and their mind tells them there’s less calories. I know it’s stupid but I seriously can’t resist half price cake!

Despite the cake , according to MFP I’m still under 800cals for the day. Dilemma – do I break the no alcohol Mon-Fri rule and treat myself to a G&T?

@at your dress sounds lovely. Coast do gorgeous special occasion dresses. Their sizes are small as well so a size 8 is tiny.

Happy St Patrick’s day tomorrow, enjoy it.

Happy weekend everyone.

Day 17…NSW Australia…LFD

Hi everyone, just checking in.
    Enjoy reading all your posts – unfortunately, no real time to answer each one. Need to slow down!

All the best to those fasting today. I’m going to try a liquid fast just for a change – tea, herbal tea, coffee with small amount of milk and water. My weight has been up and down in the last 2 weeks eg Thursday 77.7kg, today 76.9kg (was 76.1kg earlier in the month) – I know this is normal,but I need to seriously get back on track again! Enjoying yoga but need to start walking again – our dogs would like it as well!

Need to buy a new food weighing scale as mine gave up yesterday – don’t like guessing what an item weighs.

Hope you all enjoy St Patrick’s Day – not too much Guinness though! Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!
    It’s 7.13am on Saturday morning.

Day 16, Gozo Malta, nfd

I atebelow 1,000 calories today. Happy St Patrick s day to all of you.

Good evening/night everyone.

Day 16, UK, NFD

I’m happy with my eating yesterday, and today was fine too. I am having a glass of wine tonight though, but that’s fine 🙂

@ktcaroline sorry you are not feeling well, speedy recovery 🤗

@ccco stick to what works, and thats basic 5:2, and don’t be worried about the speed of loosing weight, as long as its in the right direction its good. Maybe after few months, when you establish a routine, try to jazz it up. You are maybe trying too much too fast and making yourself unwell and setting yourself back? Just my thoughts 🙂 . Stay strong.

Happy St Patrick’s Day to all or Irish friends here ☘ ☘ 🍻

Day 17 Australia NFD (Day 9 of diet)

Feeling a bit down today (even though I had a great loss last week!) The scales have crept up the last two days after 1 fast day and 1 NFD. It always affects your mood, particularly when you’ve been sticking to the diet. I was so hoping to crack back into my BMI this week – let’s hope that can happen before next Saturday. It’s only 1kg away – how hard can it be? (Yes, that was rhetorical).

Enjoying reading through everyone’s threads. I love NFD – I find it quite easy to turn them into CDs if need be. It’s amazing that just those extra 400 calories can make you feel fuller.

I’m studying today so might try and fit in a run later to burn some fat in the quickest amount of time. It’s hot already though.

Day 17 Gold Coast CD
    Happy St Patrick’s Day to all our Irish friends!

Day 17 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 82.7kg

Weight is higher but I’m actually feeling trim. Feel like I’m final starting to make some progress on the leftover fat around the middle. My upper body and lower body are plenty lean, it is just the bit around the middle that I struggle with. On my shoulders I’m seeing muscles I never saw before. My upper body is pretty lean.

My wife wants me to stop fasting. I pointed out to her that she often skips breakfast and even eats a late lunch. Now I’m in the dog house!

Hi all Fellow Fasters – I am new to all this. Have just completed my first 2 days of Fasting. I really get the “I don’t have to eat just cause the time says so, if I am not Hungry” I feel liberated from the burden of food somehow.

Anyway HI from New Zealand

Day 16 — USA— currently in Beverly Hills, California

Had a beautiful drive down the coast from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles. Stopped at the spectacular Getty Museum, truly an amazing place. Everything about it is amazing—the collection, the buildings, the land, the views from the mountains to the ocean. Once again, I wish I could post photos.

Staying in the heart of Beverly Hills. All you British people will be happy to know how good the UK economy must be from all the Rolls Royces, Bentleys and Land Rovers I see around here!

Tried to have a CD. Pretty much a liquid diet—mostly alcohol. But did manage to get 15,000 steps while in the museum and strolling around Beverly Hills, so I figure it was practically a FD!

Hope everyone has a fun St Patrick’s Day! I’m going to a party tomorrow night so this Fast Diet stuff is on hold for 24 hours.

Day 17 – UK NFD

Missed my March target by a pound! Flying to Fuertaventura today and hope to be 171 by today and (optimistically) looking to maintain whilst there! Maybe a few more laps…..

Anyway, at least now I won’t be too disappointed to be missing the match at Twickenham…..

Happy St Patrick’s Day to all our Irish family members.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 17 UK NFD

Thanks @Strawberriesandcream, it’s good to be back. Successful 3 FD. Scales down 1.5 Kg and very glad to be heading in the right direction for the first time in months.
    Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Day 17, Finland, NFD

Happy St.Patricks day everyone…because I think everyone has some Irish in them if you just go back far enough 😉 Today is also my name day, sort of a big deal here in Finalnd. I have been planning a couple of drinks today, but now I am so close, 200g, to my March goal, I am feeling like I don’t want to sabotage with alcohol!! What to do what to do!!! True there is still some time left to repair the damage I know it will do….maybe a couple then 😉

Seems like lots of people are having a successful March, which is fabulous when February seemed to be a hoodoo month for many. Keep up the great work everyone!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Day 17, Emden Germany, FD

I’m back! After a whole week celebrating retirement with friends from the Netherlands who came to help us, it’s time to get back on track. So no more breakfast, lunch, dinner,Port wine, cheese, sweets until my measurement dress fits again. We had so much fun together but being together always involves eating and drinking way too much. Had no time to read posts, will try to do so later.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 17, Snowy London, UK, NFD

I love it when people say “warning – long post ahead – feel free to skip it” I, however, say “READ MY POST”😅

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to the Irish, those of Irish heritage and those wannabe Irish!!!!!!!

Well, it’s mid-March and I actually thought winter was over but I’ve woken up to snow, snow, snow!!! I’m a bit like @steve toon taxi driver and require stodgy warming comfort food at these times, luckily I’m stuck in the house which has been cleared of ALL of the things I would turn to ………….. except soup, thankfully!!!!!

@penz, I’m probably the world record holder for just how much peanut butter I can get on the spoon!!! If I allow myself one spoonful; it better be a good one, the bit you manage to balance ½ way up the handle doesn’t count either; does it???!!!!!

@songbirdme, thanks for the article as a confirmed ‘shallow breather’ I NOW know why I’m overweight, bring on the deep breathing!!!!! 😅

@mjrbcd44, have no fear, I’ve got you!!!! You’re positive, you’re motivated, you’re back on track, detours off of the wagon are just another part of this WOL, how we deal with it is the key, keep hold of this positive feeling, you’ve got this!!! I’ve had NFDs that resembled the eating habits of a teenage boy, but without the nutritious dinner provided by mum in the evening!!! I saw myself on that slippery slope back towards bad habits but I’m down nearly 40lbs and I know I could reacquire that much in 2 or 3 weeks, so I went searching for my mojo, found it and I’m back on track and not looking back, ‘cause I’m not going that way anyway!!! It’s been a hard lesson, and one I KNEW anyway, but selective memory is the overeaters best friend sometimes!!! So here it is …………………. That pizza, wine, cake, chocolate, beer, cheese biscuit ……………….. & of course; wine gum, isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, it’ll still be there once I get to my goal, I might want it then OR I might not, but for now, without as much self-control as I would like, I’ll give them a swerve!!!

@saffy420, nothing better than ½ priced cake other than FREE cake!!!!!!

@dykask, Oh dear!!! How long have you been married??? Doghouse indeed!!! The rules have NEVER changed – Do not criticize us, we don’t like it, Do not tell us we’re being hypocritical, we don’t like it; Don’t tell us we were wrong, we really don’t like that and whatever you do, Never point out our faults – we may be ‘misguided’, ‘mistaken’, ‘misinformed’ (usually by the OH) but ultimately, we’re perfect!!!!!

@kerryn73, enjoy your name day with a couple of glasses, no deprivation required, it’s funny that it even crossed your mind, I bet a year ago, limiting your consumption wasn’t even on the horizon!!! I completely agree with you – ‘February seemed to be a hoodoo month for many’ – I was one of the many!!!!!

I’m not sure who brought this wonderful quote to the table, maybe @at? but thank-you, whoever did, Have a great ‘moving’ weekend everyone ………………….

“Dare to keep moving when it is a must, and dare to keep waiting when you have to, but note, you shall always keep waiting if you keep waiting and you shall always keep moving when you keep moving!”
    ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

Day17 UK NFD

This morning’s stand on one leg and squint at the scales worked, showing a 1lb loss, despite the severe overindulgence last weekend. March target is in sight (it was February target but that didn’t go so well!). Travelling to the cottage today, hopefully there won’t be too much snow to cope with. As usual Saturday and Sunday are my eat anything within reason days. (They used to be my eat and drink all you want to days).

@kerryn73 enjoy your celebrations. They’re part of life and this WOL is designed to cope with real life as it happens.
    @flourbaby funny you should mention pizza. I was shopping last night and passed the Pizza aisle where there were loads of offers, half price, buy one get one free etc. I realised I haven’t eaten pizza for 12 months now and it used to be our regular Friday tea- pizza and a bottle of wine. I hadn’t even thought about it till last night.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪☘☘☘☘ – NFD

☘☘☘☘☘☘Beannachtai La Feile Padraig Oraibh!!☘☘☘☘☘☘☘
    ☘☘☘☘☘☘Happy St Patrick’s Day Everybody!! ☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

I had a lovely evening last night, some wine and cheese, slept for 8 hours straight, and weighed myself for a giggle this morning and had lost more weight 💃 Yay, that plateau is dust 😄

So it’s St Patrick’s Day, and we have plans. My stepdaughter and granddaughter are arriving soon for an overnight stay. We will watch the rugby where we hope that Ireland will win the Grand Slam….how wonderful if that happened, on St Patrick’s Day too☘…however we have a formidable opponent in England. There might be a Guinness consumed during the match 😄

Then we are off out to the local restaurant for an early family meal (our granddaughter is not yet 2, toddling about, so it won’t be a long leisurely meal) and really looking forward to that. Then back home for a movie night. Wine will be consumed.

I meant to comment on so many yesterday but DH wanted to talk to me about the darn car so I couldn’t. Now I have forgotten what I wanted to say 😁
    @shinything it’s really a pain being without a car isn’t it? We brought mine into the main dealership yesterday to get fixed and they gave me a car to use. Thank GOD for that, I hate being reliant on others to get around.

@at wonderful about your size 8 dress ☺️
    @ Songbirdme congratulations on 2 year anniversary and its motivational for me to know that maintenance can be done. I hope to be there in a few months.

@flourbaby Woo Hoo for being off the plateau.

Thanks everyone for the St Patrick’s Day wishes. Have a great day everybody. Today is a good day to be Irish ☘🇮🇪☘☘.
    @kerryn73 yup, February was definitely a hoo-doo month, March seems to be kinder.

Day 17 Snowy UK CD

Winter is back with a vengence for a few days and stodge is very much on my mind. But so is the work it’s taken me to get here over the last 3.5 months, and my bigger picture goal of being healthier, weighing less and being in less pain!

Yesterday was an effortless CD after reaching March goal with a couple of weeks to go. Revising March target to lose another couple of lbs cos it’s great to have something to aim for.

Exhausted after huge week and with a ridiculously full-on day to get through tomorrow, albeit some lovely things including lunch, tea and formal dinner to eat my way through mindfully.

I fell asleep on the sofa and in the bath last night before a very long lie in this morning. Today is about rest, resetting and ….. rugby! Go Scotland! Go Ireland! Scotland have a chance of finishing in the top half for the first time in over a decade. And wouldn’t it be wonderful for Ireland to win the Grand Slam on St Patrick’s Day?!

Going to make some bread and think through my week’s meals, make a bit of a plan ahead for tomorrow’s eating, get some clothes ready and bag packed and all those things that make me feel prepared. Taxi booked to help me get into town despite the forecast heavy snow overnight.

Happy St Patrick’s Day to all who are celebrating! My mother’s family is Irish, she tells wonderful stories of visiting family in Ireland, especially her grandmother who used to tell her tales of all the strong women of the family who’d gone before her – and me!

“Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can”

Day 17 – USA – NFD

Great FD yesterday at 477 cals., first time in a while under 500. Had House Foods Shiratake noodles with a 1/4 cup Alfredo sauce. The trick to the noodles is to boil the heck out of them so they lose that fishy smell. Texture is still kind of yuk compared to pasta, but for 20 calories for 8 oz., I’ll take it.

Happy St. Paddy’s day, all you who are Irish today. I thought I was 50/50 English and Irish, but turns out I have 22% Finnish! Who knew? Will have to save up for a trip to Finland one of these days.

Day 17, Gozo Malta, nfd

I’m trying to be more mindful of what I consume over this weekend.

Have a great st Patrick s day everyone.

ccco USA Day 17 NFD

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! 🙂

Well, I recovered from yesterday’s hypoglycemic event! Now I know what to do if that ever happens again! All I needed was a drink of orange juice. Instead, I panicked and ate all the carbs I could find in my house! LOL Nevertheless, I didn’t put on any weight!! I may be Irish but I think I will refrain from overindulging! I like the TV commercial that says Summer bodies are made in the Winter! I think that’s part of what we are all doing. Well, have a great day everyone! 🙂

P.S. No red hair showed up in my generation but it showed up big time in my children’s generation! I have 7 redheaded nieces and nephews! Go, Irish! LOL

Day 16 Stevensville Maryland CNFD

Whew what a morning, broke my rule of weighing only on Fridays. Last Saturday I was down 1lb from last Friday, and today the samething this week down another pound even after drinking to many vodka drinks last night. I am only 3lbs away from my goal weight. Feeling Fab about that.

I might not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday. Have a Great St. Patrick’s day/night everyone.

Day 17, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀🇮🇪🍀🇮🇪🍀

Snowing soon. Won’t find any 🍀🍀🍀!
    Off to Trader Joe’s. Perhaps I find 🍀 there! 😄😄😄

Have a good Saturday everyone! 😊😊😊

Day 17 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy St Patrick’s Day 🍀

Day 17, Brighton UK, NFD

Sitting on big fat a*** studying for exam next Thursday when ipad decided to upgrade all on its own.

Now I have a black screen. All my notes are on this stupid thing so I have spent 4 hrs trying to get it back up and running with no success. So now I need to go to my office in Guildford to look at a Microsoft laptop and download from icloud. How many more hours to waste on it.

Thanks Apple, just thanks!

I am so so cross. Really really cross. And it’s snowing so who knows if it’s possible to travel.

So what was supposed to be a CFD is now NFD, I ate a chicken burger with sweet potato fries in my gym in Brighton, I did not do my body pump or Saturday spin. I am so so cross, did I say that already?

It’s all backed up but turns out I need the laptop with the original settings on it. Not my neighbours kindly lent spare old laptop.

Thanks Apple! I think I said that already.

Tacks and spitting………

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Mari

2nd post

Happy St Patrick’s Day to everyone celebrating!

The weather is lovely over here, it’s sunny, very stormy but cold. I don’t think I can catch up with the posts, too late allready.

@rainbowsmile I’m so sorry your computer let you down, I hate computers, one of the best things about retirement is not having to cope with computerproblems at work anymore. How are you getting on, anyone to help you?

@songbirdme happy anniversary, 2 years is a long time! Have fun conducting the choir tomorrow.

@metatauta perhaps it depends on the brand you’re having, we always have the noodles from a firm called Slendier, you just rinse them under hot water and can serve them.

@at a dress in size 8, how tiny is that. Magenta and navy, a lovely combination.

@kerryn73 enjoy your name day!

Enjoy whatever you’re doing and whatever you’re eating or drinking today!

Day 18, UK ⛄, NFD

Happy St Patrick’s Day to all Irish and whoever celebrate it ☘ ☘ ☘ 🍻

Its been an ok day so far, not complaining 🙂

@daffodil2010 cars can give you so much grief, but we love them. Mine is being fixed, but I still can’t drive it, which is maybe a good thing considering its snowing here ❄

@kerryn73 happy name day 😀

@rainbowsmile sorry you are having a nightmare with technology, I hate when that happens. Hopefully you sort it out without much further inconvenience.

Have a great weekend everyone ❤

Correction: its Day 17 !

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Chicago has quite a large Irish population and always dyes the Chicago River VERY green. I understand it lasts that way for a couple days. (Environmentally friendly dye.) If you want to see it, look here:
    http://abc7chicago.com/society/chicago-celebrates-st-patricks-day/3227464/
    [the 2nd news clip shows the boat releasing the dye]

No corned beef for me today, but I did stop at a fundraiser pancake breakfast and bought a carry-out plate to eat after our morning rehearsal. I made fried eggs to eat instead of the pancakes and had their whole-hog sausage. Wonderful flavor. Well, I did eat just one of the pancakes with sugar free syrup.

Rehearsal went well, and seems like we’re mostly ready for tomorrow’s concert. We wear pastel colors, so I have a new light pink dress. YEAH for new clothes!

Onward and downward.

Day 17 NFD Oregon USA

Happy happy St.Patrick’s Day!

Decided to try something different in this second half of March and will be weighing daily. Today showed no gain from yesterday after my first NFD so hoping I can motivate through the weekend.

Yesterday was a very stressful day. Actually just beyond upsetting and cried and was more emotional about the issue than anything I have been in years. Without writing a short novel, it is a family issue involving my aging father and my older sister. I am the youngest of our family and even though I am 50+ I was excluded from the process and decisions surrounding him selling his house. And surprised with a phone call from my sister and Dad with her at his house (she lives in New Jersey, he in Arizona) telling me the house was sold and they were picking items from the house for me???
    I couldn’t even speak. There is a lot more to it but it spiraled into a crying,elevated conversation with my sister that she then passed on to my 90 year old Dad! Who cried. Just awful and I am still completely wrecked about it.

@rainbowsmile–see my post from earlier this week. I 💯% understand technical frustration this week.

@flourbaby–I am hanging on and won’t let my emotions lead me down bad eating paths.

I shared this Irish blessing quote on my business site today…and will replace my sign-off for the day:

“May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.☘️☘️”

Day 18…NSW Australia…NFD
    Hi everyone.
    Have a wonderful Sunday and enjoy whatever you are getting up to.
    Bye for now!

Day 18 Australia NFD

Good morning!

I didn’t get my run in yesterday so I’m feeling rather slothful right now. Will try to go this afternoon. I’m avoiding the scales this morning as I didn’t move enough yesterday and dreaded what they were going to tell me…so I’d rather not. Thinking I will wait until Tuesday or Wednesday morning…if I can hold off that long!

I better get on with it so I can get out later.

Day 27 North Wales NFD

Hope everyone is having a good weekend,

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,162 total)

You must be logged in to reply.