Mad March ….

This topic contains 146 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Merryme 9 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 147 total)

• Friday check- in. Day after 2 nd weekly fast and usually on a Friday my weight is a bit lower than after the 1st fast of the week. Today it’s the same as Tuesday, meaning those dumplings I had on Tues night because we were using up older stuff in the freezer didn’t do me any favours.Since I enjoy seeing those new numbers twice a week, it’s taken that little nice experience away. But, looking on the good side, it’s not higher than it was on Tuesday, and looking back through my daily record, that did happen a couple of times a while back when I was trialling if I could lose while eating any sort of grain food. So…..no more eating something because it’s there. It’s just as wasted if I eat it than if it’s thrown out. Better to give those things away. We’ve now got rid of any food that we can’t have out of the house and that definitely makes it easier.

Staples include boiled eggs in the frig, low GI low cal vegetables and fruit, soup stock, lean chicken breast, lean pork, fish, and have just discovered kangaroo is low cal as well. For those not Australian, kangaroo has alawys been a food here, although not in the general population in the last 3 decades, as well as an iconic animal. However, we have so many that there is usually a regular cull of some sort. We can now buy kangaroo meatballs, hamburger patties, fillet etc in the supermarket. Not a huge seller. Sort of appears in the weird but edible section with crocodile and emu sausages. No, we don’t eat koalas just in case you’re wondering.

Hi Merryme and All. Sounds like you are doing well anyway Merryme, how much have you lost now? Certainly glad to hear that you don’t eat koalas, I haven’t tried kangaroo but I know you can get it round here and also ostrich. Think I’ll stick to what I know but I was hoping to try and cook more game birds as we live near the Chatsworth estate in Derbyshire and the shop is full of pheasent etc. It’s very tasty and you don’t need much to feel satisfied. Anyone else had experience cooking game birds; and no jokes about the fairer sex please! ๐Ÿ™‚ I have stayed the same since the start of the week (3lbs down)and was going to try and do another fast today to stave off any gain from tomorrow nights dining out but I couldn’t manage it and have just had some toast with almond butter, yum. But I won’t have anymore until tea time when I’m boiling a ham to have with eggs and salad. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, I may not get chance to post as I’m out and about a lot. Keep good and don’t let the weekend ruin all the hard work! (saying this to myself really) xx

Hi everyone, Friday at last, and the final update of this week for me. I’ll probably not get online time over the weekend.

Yesterday was so frustrating for me. I had a fast day all planned, but come lunchtime I was feeling ravenous. I ate a sandwich thinking it would be fine, and I could still stay under my 500, but I went to visit my mum after work and she’d made food for me :/ I love her for it, but my fast day went completely the wrong way. So, fasting Friday it is, and to be honest I’m struggling. I know this diet lets you change your routine to suit you, but I’m really quite obsessive about my routine, and if anything alters or changes it it throws me right off. I’m trying to stay positive.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I’m so glad its Friday, I just want to sleep until I wake up naturally in the morning with NO alarm!

Good luck everyone x

Hello Everyone from across the globe! kangaroos, pheasants, crocodiles! Oh my! Wish I could think of something exotic that we indulge in in California, but the best I can come up with is emu. Just weighed in after a week of pretty successful rule following and havenโ€™t lost a lb.;-( But Iโ€™m certainly not giving up yet. I also have gotten used to lovely routines, created over the years by repeating the ones that delight. Unfortunately, vodka tonics in the afternoon on top of the butter sauces that my husband likes to stir up donโ€™t mix for a happy physique. Sorry, but those tonics are staying; Iโ€™ll give up the butter instead. Have a great weekend. Get busy, donโ€™t think about food.

Oh Dragonfly, I really feel for you, I thought about that today when trying to do an extra fast but just feel Monday and Wednesday are the best for me. Feels so right at the start of the week doesn’t it? Hope you get a lovely lie in anyway.

JivenMama, you stick to your guns with the tonics chuck, a tonic sounds like it’s goo for you anyway and I’m sure you’ll see the scales shifting soon. I’ve measured myself also and put it into the tracker on here so I will measure once a week because I’ve heard that a lot of people have seen their measurements shrinking even when the scales don’t move so I’m hoping that will keep me positive if the scales are stubborn. Off to get busy with the laundry, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

4 weeks in, 8 fasts done; 10lbs down.

Hoola hoop and skipping rope arrived for some home exercise, but off to my lovely Friday night yoga tonight.

My week has gone well with my first two fasts over. Weigh in on Sunday so will update then. As I live in Scottish Highlands we eat a lot of game – pheasant, grouse, venison, salmon etc. Think it is available most places now but we were brought up eating this fare. Glad everyone is doing well, I am on a jolly this weekend in Glasgow with my two sisters so don’t quite know how it will go eating wise as we are eating out. Will report in on Sunday!

Saturday check- in: and I hear you Dragonfly! I did have a day like that too when we shifted our fast day by 1 day for some reason. The great thing about 5:2 is that for people like us who need to keep doing it on the exact same 2 days each week( who cares why), a new week rolls around and we just get back in the saddle, and go on as before. One of the things I love about this programme/way of life.

Well done Jolind and others! Interesting food you grew up with! We’re almost 1 week of March down, and a lot of us are still here. Thanks for setting this thread up Dragonfly. I really need to check in each day! I’ve been happy with my progress on 5:2, 7.5kgs gone, but now’s the time I can’t get complacent because I’ve still got 14kgs to go. I am happy. In fact I can’t get the smile off my face that this is not only making me healthier( my Dr’s very happy) but is taking off the weight I put on through long term illness.

As for game foods, I revisited the “unusual but edible section” in my local supermarket again yesterday, and had to laugh because there sitting next to goat, venison, oxtail and kangaroo was camel hamburger patties, and I checked and yep, under 100 calories/100 gms! Must be something about certain game meats that makes them low cal.. Very multicultural where I live so easy to find unusual foods here. Historical note, which doesn’t have anything to do with anything 5:2; camels were brought into Australia from Afghanistan when the interior was being explored ( lots of desert, like, big, huge) in the 19th century, and now there’s heaps of them out there in sections of the outback, running wild.

Love to hear where you’re up to everyone.
    Cheers,
    Merry

Well Sunday’s nearly over for me in this neck of woods, and just checking in. Saw 2 nd Best Marigold Hotel today, and I swear we’ll be seeing that dance popping up all over the place. It looks like it’s been choreogra,phed so a pared down version can be learnt by the general public, and I can imagine bits of it popping up in activity rooms in aged care all over the place. A bit like the dance from Rocky Horror Show became part of the general go to dances for all sorts of occasions along with a few others….um The Chicken Dance, Nutbush City Limits, the Macarena etc etc. Can anyone think of anyothers. Anyway…… We walked out of the theatre and across the road and bought a couple of samosas at the Indian takeaway(and the shop smelt awesome). Just adjusted our dinner to a lower calories version, and Bob’s your uncle!
    Weigh in for me tomorrow, and hoping to see a new number.

Hi Everyone waving here from a cold but sunny Canada ! just started last monday managed two successful fasting days but had to much wine last night at a birthday party hope it doesn’t ruin the scale outcome. Applepie i was born in Ashton -u- Lyne moved to Blackpool when i was a kid the to Canada 14 years ago. Hope you have all had a great week !

Hi socr8v, that’s more like a password than a name haha! I used to love Blackpool, fish n chips in Coral Island, those were the days. It’s changed a lot now, not for the better sadly. Last time I went they charged you to go in the Pleasure Beach, you can’t just wonder around like before. Remember the laughing policeman? Anyway, we love Spain. How is Canada? It is a bit cloudy here today and about 18 degrees. 24 forecast for midweek….. lovely.

Weigh in day for me tomorrow. Should be good news. I have done 3 fasts this week, one was liquids only. We shall see.

Hi Applepie,
    i have not been back home for 8 years but going this year so looking forward to it . Also taking a trip to Spain whilst we are there to Magalluf with the family. You are so lucky with those hot temperatures we are sunny but sitting at -10 was – 32 last week now that was cold. So just came back from a 5 mile walk sweating had to many layers on temperatures on the rise though can’t wait for the heat.
    Good luck with the weigh in i’m also weighing in tomorrow fingers crossed.

Good evening all. Welcome socr8v in Canada and Cakeywakey (great name) 10lbs in 8 fasts, fantastic. Merryme, camel burgers!! I haven’t heard of them before, have you tried them? I’m off to see Marigold hotel with my mum next week, mothers day gift, so will see the dance. I’ve had a great weekend with friends and family and haven’t overdone it, I think the fasting shrinks my appetite cos I can really go for it when I want to. I got on the scales this morning after a night out and was a pound down! Thinking it must be a fluke but I was very happy to see the number 10 again (10st 13lb) I’ll see if it is the same tomorrow when I have my fast day. I haven’t managed any exercise this weekend but as we speak I am sitting in the perfect posture on my new pilates ball. I’ve worked out on them before and they are great. I can feel my buttocks having to put some extra work in just to keep me upright and it’s so tempting to keep having a little bounce and wriggle my hips. No more longing backwards like a sloth in my big office chair! Good luck for the coming all. Look forward to our continued mad march slimming spree. xx

My weekly weigh in day today and I have lost another 3lbs!! I am thrilled with that. I am going to cut back my fast days from 3 to 2 this week. I don’t want to lose too quickly. I am only 3lbs away from my first goal of 9 and a half stone but my ideal weight, allegedly, is 8 stone 2lb. I can’t see that ever happening, but who knows…

I don’t fancy all these new meats mentioned but I have discovered fresh ginger this week on our market. I am just starting my first fast of the week with a hot ginger drink, hmmmm, lovely.

Happy fasting everyone

Morning everyone, sounds like you’re all doing great with the weight loss! I’m feeling a bit disheartened this morning myself as I’d gained 3lbs? Not really sure why, but nevertheless it has spurred me to get serious this week!

Ahh memories of Blackpool, I know you get charged for the Pleasure Beach now, which is ridiculous. I spent many a happy hour in the Fun House before it burned down lol. Happy days ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a good day everyone, stay strong x

Weigh in day, and not up or down, so same as last week. This morning I realized I was too confident about that samosa, as I’d thought the covering was made out of besan flour/ chickpea flour, but no, it’s wheat- darn it. Getting samosas mixed up with pakoras. Any way, have done enough to compensate for those dumplings and the extra calories in the samosa that I didn’t put any on.

Today, 1st time I’ve gone right through to dinner without eating or drinking any calories. It really helps to keep occupied
    Onwards and downwards Mad Marchers!
    Merry

This is my first week weigh in and I’m 1lb up! I managed one fast day and broke the other one after a very long day at work so I’m not too disappointed. If anything I expected to be up more as the normal days this last week have probably been more calorie laden than usual. It has strengthened my resolve to make sure I do two full fast days this week, good luck to everyone else and happy fasting!

Wow! well done Applepie, that must be the extra boost from your fluid only fasts. You must be a petite lady considering your goal weight. My first goal is 10st 8lbs and then maybe 10 depending on how I look. I’m 5’8″ so don’t want to look like a bean pole! Sorry to hear of your blip Dragonfly but I’m sure it is only a blip. Two good fasts this week and you’ll be on the way again. My scales this morning confirmed I have lost 4lbs in my first week so am really chuffed and hope to lose a couple more this week. Birthday on Friday so will be treating myself. Happy Monday All.

Cakeywakey, fantastic progress!

Walktofitness,welcome, and although it doesn ‘t seem like it, you’ve progressed on learning about this new WOL -way of life, and you’ve finished your 1st fast day, and learnt some things about how to function as life sometimes trips us, and that the key is to keep going. Well done!

Dragonfly we joined this daily march through March with you, and good to hear you’re keeping strong through an unknown result this week, but you’re an inspiration. It’s about the long term and how good this WOL is and getting back on the horse for whatever reason we fall off, whether we know why or not.

Applepie, wow, great result.

Magicarp- LOL, no I haven’t tried them, a step too far at the moment, and I have other familiar things available, but I do find new foods interesting, and like searching out things that give a bigger volume for less calories. I’m seeing 5:2 as a journey of discovery ๐Ÿ™‚

Socr8tV, -32, Wow! Hope you have a great time in Spain:-)

JivenMama – how are you going?

Cheers to everyone. Have a good week!
    Merry

Hi Dragonfly and all. Big wave from Edinburgh Scotland! I know I am a week late but just happened on this thread this morning and was very taken by it as I too am on a “Mad March Quest” to lose as much as possible before my Nile cruise on 6 April. I am a bit of an old hand at this having been 5:2 ing for 8 weeks. Week 9 starts today. I fast Mondays and Thursdays (chosen as that’s when I play golf so I am occupied all morning and don’t feel the need to eat until about 2pm). My start weight was 10st 7 (147 lbs) – I have no idea what kilograms are!! I am female, 5ft 3. I have steadily lost 1 lb a week by keeping to my TDEE of 1570 or under on non-fast days. My official weigh in day is Monday (though I do weigh every day as it’s interesting to see the little ups and downs) – this morning I weighed 9 st 13 – yippee, under 10 stone at last! Total loss after 8 weeks is 8 lbs. If I can keep this up through March I should be not too far off my interim goal of 9 st 7 lbs by my holiday, but may need to try 4:3 to achieve this. I intend to keep you posted as often as possible. Good luck all you Mad Marchers!

Big wave from London. Today’s update weight 75.6kg same like last week. No any change. Feeling little low but OK. Don’t know where I am going wrong?? Started Leslie walk at home and Jillian’s 30 days shred challenge from last 10 days. My last week fast days were good.

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ Just back from my lunchtime walk, and still fasting although lunchtime is the hardest part of the day. I use my calories in one go for my evening meal, so I’m running on empty throughout the fasting day. I feel okay, just seeing everyone else tucking into lunch is a test!

Welcome upagumtree! Fantastic weight loss, I’m desperate to get under the 10 stone mark! You must feel amazing .. I’m 5ft 3 too, and am a similar weight to your starting weight ๐Ÿ™‚ I really hope I see a loss next Monday, I was so disappointed this morning.

Good luck with the afternoon, I’m finding myself checking in here more than ever today.

March on!!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

magicarp I am 5’2″ far too short for my weight haha! I made a mistake before, our new Spanish scales don’t do stones and it was very early morning when I wrote my post. I am actually 9 and a half stone!!! I don’t feel it and can’t really believe it. I had wine with my evening meal on every normal day. Like you say it must be the fluids only day that works the magic. I am not doing that this week, just 2 fasts, one of which is today. I’ve had a small porridge with blueberries for breakfast, strawberries and greek yogurt for dinner. Tea tonight is a thin slice of roast beef with a tomato.

Upagumtree, we did the Nile cruise and loved it! We went with African Safari Club, we did a week on the Nile and a week in Luxor. Totally amazing. Do every optional trip, you will regret it if you don’t.

busy mummy, don’t lose heart, keep on keeping on. It works, the weight will come off.

Happy fasting

hi upagumtree – just noticed your post on Mad March forum. You could be my twin! Except I am in Dundee. This is my 8th week together with OH. and my weight, fasting days and goal are as yours. OH has lost 9lbs and I have lost 6.5lbs so far. Looking forward to getting below the 10st mark and be ready to put this old bod into a swimsuit for holidays in a few weeks. Good luck and will follow how you get on. Hopefully I can keep up with you.

Hi Dragonfly, so sorry you are feeling dejected after this morning’s weigh-in, perhaps the following might help: Last Monday (2 Mar) I weighed in at 10 st 3, a 2 lb increase on the previous week. Also my bust, waist and hip measurements were up. My tracker graph looked bad with everything going in an upward direction! I felt really down since I had stuck to my two fast days and kept under my TDEE on the other days. Moaned to hubby who immediately said these two magical words: “water retention”. I said “but I’ve not been drinking a lot” … Then the penny dropped! On the Sunday I had a particularly gruelling round of golf in freezing windy conditions with horizontal hailstones giving me a free facial! I usually drink a litre of water during a round but had drunk nothing due to the harsh conditions. Thinking back I also realised I had not been to the loo all day and couldn’t even go last thing Sun night, so my body had clung on to what fluids I did take in post-golf! How to get rid of the retention? Hubby then said “water in, water out” so for the rest of Monday (fast day) I drank litres of water and even had a few cups of coffee (not my usual hot drink) and lost count of my loo visits! Result? – Tue morning weigh in 10 st, a loss of 3 lbs in 24 hours! Perhaps in our mission to lose weight we forget that we are mainly bags of water and that weight comes from fluids as well as fat, muscle, tissue etc. Hope this helps, but if you discover it’s not water retention in your case, then resolve to stay the course – it will be a temporary blip!

Applepie, your weight loss is amazing! Well done you! Yes, We hope to do all the optional trips – even booked a flight from Aswan to Abu Simbel.

Has anyone tried the FastdietKitchen meals? I have just taken delivery of a three week supply (on offer now at 50% off – but UK only I believe). I have had only black tea, peppermint tea and sparkling water today so looking forward to trying out at 6 pm tonight: Vegetable & Lentil Soup (135 cals), followed by Vegetable Chilli (194 cals) with 200 g of cauliflower rice (56 cals). If anyone wants to learn about cauliflower rice, just Google it – you will be amazed! I love cauliflower and have found the ‘rice’ a hunger-beater on fast days.

Some of you ladies are tres petite! So your goals sound really low to me but obviously they’re are right for your height. Think we might all need some Spanish scales Applepie if that’s the results you get! I’ve just got in from doing a home visit (I’m an advice worker for a charity and visit people at home) and I am frozen to the bone. I took it upon myself to wear tights instead of trousers today and the result was freezing legs. The house was also freezing so I can’t feel my hands! Just got a cup of tea and am bouncing on my ball as I type. So maybe dithering and bouncing can count as my exercise for today! Just boiling a couple of poussins for a low cal soup. I make mine with celery and theirs with potatoes and cream. Lucky them.
    Useful experience about the water retention Upagumtree and I’m so impressed with you golf dedication. Horizontal hail! yuk
    PS I think I am quite tall until I stand next to my son who is 6’4″

Hi Twinnie, sorry, Third Time Lucky, and Welcome! You must have posted while I was posting above. How fascinating our similarities! I will be as interested to follow your progress as you are mine! I know Dundee quite well as we have a cottage near St Andrews just over the Tay. I have played golf there a few times and we also like to eat out there when up there – pity the Marlin Seafood restaurant had to close! Why Third Time Lucky? Is this your 3rd time 5:2ing? Good luck to you and OH – my OH did the 5:2 last year and lost nearly two stone. He is on maintenance now, does Pilates and weight training every day and looks amazing. So, I KNOW this diet is do-able!

Well done ladies on all your weight losses, I am pleased to say after one week i am down 3 pounds. so pleased and feel very motivated to keep going. For the ladies who have gained or stayed the same don’t get disheartened as upagumtree said water retention plays a huge part in all our lives i know from experience as i can gain as much as 5 pounds overnight depending on what i eat or drink. I am doing Tuesdays and Thursdays for my fast days and trying to exercise at least 5 days a week. Really want to be down for my New York trip in May and my Europe trip in June.

Thanks upagumtree, that makes total sense. Yesterday I drank loads of water and did my fast as usual. I also had zero alcohol (I do enjoy a glass of wine in the evening with my meal). I weighed this morning out of curiosity and I was down a 1lb, so feeling more positive than yesterday! Its so true about water in, water out. I must have not drank my usual quota over the weekend and Sunday in particular when I was out and about.

Its a non fast day today for me. Going to make myself walk for an hour at lunch today.

Have a good day everyone and good luck, stay strong!

Day after fast day scale dropped to a new number, 72.9kg (160 lbs and a few ounces.). So pleased to see that 2!

The water retention happening when not enough water is drunk, is really interesting. Thanks for that info!

Hope every one has a good week!
    Merry

Well it’s a beautiful morning here with wall to wall sunshine,

Something went wrong there – trying again:Well it’s a beautiful morning here with wall to wall sunshine, 8 degrees and no wind – not as warm as where you are Applepie and Merryme but probably warmer than Canada socr8tv. Good weather makes such a difference by lifting the spirits and hence our resolve to stay positive. Perhaps that’s why you’ve done so well Applepie – all that Spanish sunshine ! Glad to hear you’re a pound down this morning Dragonfly, with that and the sunshine I am sure you will be cheered up. Like Merryme, I too weigh myself every morning after going to the loo and before I have any liquids. This morning I was 9 st 10 3 lbs down from yesterday’s official weigh-in, but hey I’m not getting over excited because I know that’s the weight of any empty, fasted body and once I take in liquids and food again it will creep up towards Thursday, next fast day – just wanted to share this as another example of how water is key! I had the Fastdietkitchen veg chilli last night with my cauliflower rice – it was as expected, just ok and nothing like my own chilli but when you are hungry anything is good and it saved me lots of time not having to chop, weigh and cook. Didn’t have the soup as I forgot I had leftover home-made veg soup – now that WAS delicious! Will keep you posted on how the other “meals” go. Off now to the clinic to get my vaccinations for the Nile trip. Happy Tuesday everyone!

Good morning all, probably mid day for most of you but 7.30 am here our clocks went forward at the weekend still missing that hour we lost. It’s my fast day today hope it goes well, felt like i ate to much yesterday but only clocked up 948 calories. Weather here went on a turn yesterday and was a beautiful 5 degrees up to 9 today so on the climb it changes so quickly here. Going to try and drink more water it’s my biggest downfall. Have a great day !

Hi everyone,

Well after falling off the wagon over the weekend, I did my fast yesterday and weighed in this morning and I’m down 500g…. Not much but still a loss so not feeling so bad.

I’ll be fasting again tomorrow and Friday this week as my holidays is fast approaching and I’d like to feel slimmer by then

Hope you all have a lovely day

Hello JivenMama,
    I too noticed the gain after age 40 and some health challenges that left me unable to exercise regularly. I found this forum and I will jump in whole heartedly today. Thank you. I need to release about 50 lbs.

Well, I posted this morning but it seem my post has disappeared! I can’t remember all I said, can’t have been that interesting. I know I said to Upagumtree that I hope the jabs weren’t to painful and that I’m jealous of some of the trips some are going on. I also know I had a little moan about being a 1lb up after the weekend which shows my fluke was a fluke. I also admitted to cheating on my fast yesterday and having more like 700 cals than 500. So only my self to blame. Wise words on the water retention issue, I’m also affected by the womenly monthly thing.

Glad you’re back on the downward trend Dragonly wish me luck for tomorrow as I need to do a good fast. Hi there Beep and msdee. I’m truly loving the idea of releasing the weight. Have a good evening all.

Thank you so much magicarp for the sweet welcome. I say release concerning excess weight because when we talk about losing things, (ex. Weight) we being human tend to go back and try to find whatever we lost. I donot want any excess pounds back.

Good luck with your fast magicarp ๐Ÿ™‚ My next fast is Thursday. Im on with the drinking water water water today. I’m affected by the dreadly monthly thing too, and I’m wondering if thats why I’m weighing a few lbs heavier this week.

Its a lovely sunny day in Manchester today, always helps me feel better.

Have a good day everyone!

Hi upagumtree, Hope you are doing better than me this week, gained 1.5lbs on Monday! Aqua fit this morning which is through lunch hour, so will try and make today another FD, 4:3 for the week. Feel as though I’ve let myself down this week, but will try to get back on track.
    Love St Andrews, spend a lot of time there. Discovered a new eatery Pret a Manger. They do fantastic salads, and filled flatbread. Hot food too, healthy eating (Don’t even look at the cakes) OH says coffee is great.
    Don’t know why The Blue Marlin closed, except he moved from Monifeith to a much bigger building in Dundee.
    Third time lucky comes from first time I did WW and lost 2 stone, put it on again and more. Second time, joined local weight loss group and lost 2st 5lbs and piled on 1 stone in a year. Decided this was going to be my third and last weight loss programme, and to get fit before old age really creeps in (I’m 66 and since retiring a year ago, have been unwell for a lot of that time). Don’t want to rely on pills to keep me going when I’m old. Loving this WOE/WOL and although have had bad days, feel as though something good is happening.

Hi Mad Marchers, hoping those of you who are fasting today make it through the day with no cheating. Magicarp I love your honesty with yourself – you also have some good turns of phrase – sounds like you have a gsoh

Me again, discovered the problem with submitting – it stops when it hits a Smilie, so re-submitting minus Smilies!
    Hi Mad Marchers, hoping those of you who are fasting today make it through the day with no cheating. Magicarp I love your honesty with yourself – you also have some good turns of phrase – sounds like you have a gsoh My turn to be down today (and I’m not referring to my weight). Went to get my travel jabs yesterday and discovered they don’t carry live vaccines so had to get a prescription and have another appointment for the actual jabs tomorrow. While there the nurse said she’d take my bp. Grr, told it’s slightly high, so I’ve to get another reading tomorrow and if it’s still up will need to home monitor … And I thought IF and weight loss helped lower bp! Secondly, also got a height check and told 5′ 2. Seems I’ve shrunk somewhere along the line and yikes this means my ideal weight is 4 lbs less than I thought so even more weight to lose! I will have to go into my tracker and do some editing. I am very small boned so this new height means I should be in the range of 7st 8 to 8st 4 The lower figure is ridiculous for my age (I’m 64 but 19 in my head) so I will be looking at around 8 and a half stone as my final goal. I have my Pilates class tonight and always feel taller after all the stretching so perhaps I should get another height check tomorrow, ha ha!

Good to hear from you ThirdTimeLucky, sorry about the gain but you are taking positive action this week with Aquafit and trying 4:3. Your previous two attempts at weight loss have been very successful – you are obviously strong-willed within a ‘programme’ but weak-willed outwith. So this ‘programme’ should be ideal for you as it is a WOL/WOE so no stepping outwith. Go for it! by the way, where are you going on holiday?

Happy Wednesday All
    Up

Hi Mad Marchers, had a little medical incident yesterday, but OK. More medical follow up today. Just on bed rest today. I have had compromised health for some yrs- have had ME/CFS for 17 yrs, so as this is a neurological condition affecting multiple systems in the body, things can get a bit out of whack sometimes, but a bit exagerated because of the ME/CFS. I’m also 64 so am in the early years of Things-That-Go-Wrong. Probably just need a medication alteration. Supposed to be a fast day today but not fasting, just resting.

Keep on you lot, I’m OK and will update later.
    Merry

Thinking about you Merryme! Hope your up and about again soon ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m fasting with a vengeance today. I actually feel better when I’m empty than when I’ve eaten, fast days should be easy, but … eating at certain times is habit, and nothing to do with cravings or if I’m actually hungry, yet lunchtime comes around and I want to eat!!! Need to retrain my mind I think and break the habit of thinking I have to eat.

Water is my best friend today.

Stay strong Marchers! We can do this!

Hi Dragon Fly,
    I am starting on Monday as I have to get the food in first. I am a bit wary of starting as I am long term type 2 and on insulin Novomix 30 as well as metformin and forxiga. having read the book it says not recommended for those on insulin. My doctor did not really answer me when I said that I wanted to do the 5:2 diet, so any info how to take my insulin etc would be appreciated.

Hi Dragon Fly,
    forgot say I weigh 262 pounds and want to get to about 175 pounds which will take a long time but I will be in for the long haul.

2nd fast of the week for me and already thinking about food and its only 9.45

Hi upagumtree- you are right, I do better in a class than doing it on my own. 5;2 forums are good for me cause I can jump into them day or night. I am 5’1″ and should be around 8.5st for my height, but I would look dreadful at that weight. I am quietly aiming for 9.5st, and then see how things are. If I can reach 10st by holiday time I will be chuffed. That will be a loss of 11 lbs. We are off to sunny S.A. and it can’t come soon enough! Had enough of the winter, I am really cold today but another jumper will cure that. Am also doing Pilates today, and a fast day too which takes my mind off eating. Where are you travelling to? It will be nice to get into lightweight clothes again. Maybe even get into that dress I bought two years ago thinking I would slim into it! Haven’t worn it yet! Hope you get good results with BP – mine has come back down to normal after being just a bit too high. Stick with it – it will happen. Good luck, onwards and downwards.

Hi All, sorry I didn’t post yesterday but was unwell with some sort of tummy thing so although I did fast it wasn’t anything to do with willpower! Hope your fast is going well today Dragonfly. I can’t do Thursdays because I go for tea at my Mum’s and she likes to feed! Upagumtree, hope you finally got jabbed and the BP has come down, it could have just been the anticipation of being jabbed! Took me a while to workout what gsoh meant, but yes, I’m not always sure if I’m happy or hysterical but we keep on don’t we? I do admire you thirdtimelucky for going for it. I think it must get more difficult as we get older but I am trying to hang on to the health benefits of fasting, particularly the effects on the brain. I’ve worked with people with Alzheimer’s, other dementias and their families for many years and it is very scary.
    Beeps, I’m sorry to laugh but you post made me giggle, it sounded a little desperate, I hope you’ve managed to get past that, you can do it, remember you can have it tomorrow.

Anyway, I am having a very low cal day today because tomorrow is my birthday (46) and I’m going to have cake! Oh yes, and wine and maybe more. Will catch up with you all asap and don’t forget, like msdee says, “RELEASE THE WEIGHT”

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

PK7671 welcome to our March group. I really dont know anything about insulin and what effect this plan will have. Perhaps mention it to your doctor again, and make sure you get an answer this time. Dont embark on it if the book recommends you dont!

Magicarp HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow! Enjoy your day, you deserve it, and good for you having cake and wine ๐Ÿ˜›

My fast day is going really well today … mainly because I’ve been so busy at work I’ve not even had chance to think about food. I’m having vegetable soup later, and going for no alcohol to keep me at or hopefully slightly under my 500 cals.

Friday tomorrow, we have almost got through another week!

Stay strong lovelies ๐Ÿ˜€

Merryme, I feel for you – hope you feel much better soon!

Dragonfly, glad to hear you are making water your best friend. I am on fast today too and as I write am sipping sparkling water (had no solid food yet).

Hello pk7671, have you checked out the BODY/Medical Conditions and Fasting section of this Forum? Might get some info there.

ThirdTimeLucky, SA – wow, that sounds fantastic! – will you be doing a safari? (I am going to Egypt early April – a Nile cruise). Getting into that dress is surely an incentive every fast day!? 9 1/2 stone seems a sensible target.

Well, I got the jabs today – painless, however not such good news with the BP – it’s up further, so next week I have to home monitor. I admit to finding this scary as, luckily, I have got to this advanced age without ever having any health issues so this is new ground for me. I have discovered I eat too much salt (never had a sweet tooth, always prefer savoury). I also have too much liking for wine and g&t so will be cutting back there too!

Lastly Magicarp, and I hope the reason for leaving you to last will be obvious at the end! Interesting to hear about your work. My mum had Alzheimer’s and it is a very, very cruel disease. I donate to Alzheimer Scotland whenever I can. Do you work for an Alzheimer charity? Hope your tummy’s better today so you can enjoy mum’s cooking (lucky you) but at least the forced upon fast yesterday will help make up for tomorrow’s excesses!? You’ll probably be much too tied up tomorrow to catch up on postings so wishing you a Very Happy Birthday now!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply.