Mad March ….

This topic contains 146 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Merryme 9 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 147 total)

• Okay I’m posting this now and I’m going to make sure I update every single day in March. Starting 1st March … I’m back on it 100%. Things have been happening which have got in the way, I was sick, family stuff. So here it is, new start in March. I’ll weigh every Monday, although I’ll start on Sunday 1st. I am so serious about dropping this weight now. It will be summer soon, and I want to feel comfortable and enjoy wearing my summer clothes for once rather than hiding out in baggy stuff.

1st March … bring it on!

DragonFly 🙂

That said … I wont have internet access on the 1st March as I’m out and about. I will start updating after my first weigh in on the 2nd! I need to post often, so I know I’m accountable. It helps …

Hi dragon fly,
    I am going to join you as well. I will update my weight here every Monday from.1st march. My diet day will be Monday and Thursday.

Good for you Dragon fly and busy_mummy.

I’ll join you both and my weigh in on a Monday, starting on 2nd.

Looking forward to this

Hi all

just joined the site and planning a fast day tomorrow!

Will join you with a weigh in on Monday xx

Hi Dragonfly and others. I would like to join you and get some extra will power by being accountable to others too. This is the first time I’ve joined a forum! However, I have read many of the posts on this forum and they have been very helpful. I have had success with this diet in the past and now need to get on and stick to it properly. It’s my birthday in 12 days, Friday the 13th and I’ll be 46, the weight is defo creeping up with the age so here goes……. I get weighed every day and my weight today is 11st 3lb, I’m 5″8″ and would like to be nearly a stone lighter and keep that way. Good luck everyone.

I always weigh in on a Monday so I will join you too. I have done 3 fasts this week, one of which was liquids only….. BUT…. I had kebab and chips with a couple of glasses of wine last night so it will be interesting to see what the scales say tomorrow.
    I live in Spain and pool weather is just around the corner, it is roasting today! I need to look better in swimwear. This fat has to go.
    We can do this!

Am starting tomorrow and glad to join you, will look forward to hearing all of your progress and good luck!

Hi guys! This is the first time I’ve ever posted in the forum…Have tried 5:2 before but never seem to make it past the first week. I would like to lose about 20lbs before August (which is when I go on holiday) so will keep up with this thread and weigh in tomorrow. Planning on doing a Monday and Thursday, although it will be Monday and Wednesday this week because of social commitments – don’t want to be that boring person on a ‘diet’ when I’m out with friends!

Does everyone eat normally on the non-fast days? I know you’re supposed to but I don’t know if I’ll have enough of a calorie deficit to lose if I don’t restrict myself on non fast days… Not sure though – any advice appreciated!

Hi all, I’m starting AGAIN tomorrow too, my fast days will be Monday and Wednesday so weigh day will be Thursday – day after second fast. This worked for me before Xmas and I’d never felt better. Due to having flu and colds in Jan and Feb I’ve not been motivated to fast…..and jeans feel tight again, so given myself a firm talking to and ready to go!

Hi Gianna M – I’m planning 3 healthy meals per day, with the occasional treat and glass of wine, previously when I have followed this structure I lost around 1 pound per week, even on those weeks I was sure I had eaten too much…it does work. Good luck.

Hi Gianna and welcome:

For most people coming to a weight loss diet, eating ‘normally’ means eating too much, which is why they gained weight.

The real answer is to eat to your TDEE or less on non diet days

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi, joining you here for March. Messaged yesterday but it disappeared into the never never.

So weigh in day today 73.7 kgs. Fast days Monday and Thursday and I do my weigh in the hard way i.e. On the morning of the 1st fast day of the week. I’ve lost 7.5 kgs (16 1/2 lbs) since mid November.

On non- fast days I eat 3 meals, occasionally only2, lunch and dinner. I stay under my TDEE. For the 1st month I recorded everything I ate and drank on non-fast days as well as fast days. Doing 5:2 has changed some of my ‘normal’ eating and I now have a new ‘normal’.
    No grain foods at all even GF ones . I’m intolerant to just about all grains but any grain food seems to stop the weight loss for me. So only birthday cake, and a few rice crackers about monthly is where I’m at,
    Lots of water.
    9/10 days or so I eat from 11am to 7pm
    Replaced flat white with tea or black coffee with milk on the side.
    Not a drinker of alcohol, soft drinks or fruit juice and I’m sure it’s helped not having those calories adding in.

Merry

I lost 3lbs this week!!! clearly my 3 fasts did the trick even with my very naughty kebab and chips and vino.
    So let’s see how much we can all lose in March. I am below 10 stone (9.11) for the first time in about 20 years, but I still have over a stone to go. I am only 5’2″
    We can do this!

Fantastic to have so many joining in with this. I’m planning to fast Monday and Thursday, but kick started the week with a fast yesterday as well. One pound down from last week, so pleased with that!

On my normal days I try to keep it under my TDEE, although dont really obsess about the calories.

This is going to be a great month, stay strong everyone! Bring on the fast today 🙂

After falling off the wagon at Xmas and not really having much success getting back on it, I am so pleased to be joining you guys and hoping that with this added support, that I will now see some of the weight come off.

I’m 4″11 and weighed in this morning at 126.75 lbs. I’d like to loose 20 of those pounds and get back to my ‘normal’ self, which I’ve not been for the past 18 months when the weight started to pile on.

I plan to fast on a Monday and a Thursday and weigh in on Mondays. I think I’m going to have to track my calories quite strictly to start with as my TDEE is very low but hoping to get the hang of things and not have to do that for long. I’m also going to try to cut out Alcohol completely, as so many empty calories and I find that if I have one glass of wine, I end up having another or raiding the fridge!!

Good Luck everyone xx

Morning! I’ve started at 18stone 3lbs and feeling very positive that I will be under 18stone soon. I lost 5 lbs before I found this forum but the last two weeks were more difficult and I was searching for some online support when I found this thread. I know I’m the kind of person who will do better being accountable to others!

Ps what is TDEE please? Seen it mentiond in a couple of posts, thanks

Hi … if you click on the “How it works” tab at the top of the page, it tells you everything about working out TDEE, BMI, BMR etc. Also read the link that simcoeluv posted just a few posts about this. Lots of helpful information 🙂 TDEE stands for total daily energy expenditure.

Good luck 🙂

Hi, I would like to join you all. I started my first fast day today and plan next one on Wednesday. I have 15lbs to lose and really want to take control. I am finding it OK so far as I don’t normally have breakfast so planning two cracker bread (38 cals) and two baby bel light (86 cals) for lunch – 124 cals in total. A piece of lean pork fillet grilled with huge salad for dinner. 122 cals for 3oz serving of pork and mixed green leaf salad (cals still to be worked out). Plan on making pan of homemade tomato soup for next fast day to fill me up. Good luck everyone, I am sure we will all keep each other motivated.

Hi Jolind 🙂 hope your day goes okay. I love soup on a fasting day, it fills me up so much 🙂 Good luck

Hi all,
    Today is my first fast day. Today’s weight is 75.6kg.

Gosh! so many of us so quickly, thanks for starting this thread Dragonfly. First fast day going ok. Had quite a bit of celery which I love but miss the big dollop of mayonnaise I usually apply. My tummy was growling at me a lot today so I was trying to make it my friend and I think it worked cos it has shut up now. I too will be having soup for my dinner Jolind, it’s a great filler upper. Good luck everyone.

I should join too so I can post my weight weekly – Today I am 149 lbs.

Thanks for the responses above answering my questions!

Today is my first fast day, weighed in this morning at 142lbs.

Planning on weighing myself every Monday. For each pound lost I am going to reward myself with a mini beauty treat as a sort of incentive to keep going as I never stick to diets!

The post dinner fullness has worn off…Someone please tell me that it gets easier?!

Well first day over. Not too bad, the thought of breakfast tomorrow morning is wonderful and I don’t usually eat breakfast. Love your idea of rewards Gianna_m I think I might join you with that. So pleased with myself that I managed 490 cals today, never thought I could do it. Good luck everyone.

Tues 3rd checkin- Good morning all . Well done to the newbies who’ve finished their 1st fast day. And yes it does get easier. 🙂

I prefer to weigh every morning after I wake up and have been to the loo, and record it and graph my weekly weight on Mondays.
    Merry

Waving from east coast of Australia where it’s 10.03am on 3rd. Www

Hi Merryme, waving back from east coast of Spain, the gorgeous Costa Blanca. It’s 7.15am on the 3rd.
    I did a 350 calorie fast yesterday and today is a liquid only fast. Just enjoying a black coffee. Feeling a little bit hungry but I know it will pass.
    Onwards and downwards.

Lot’s of waving around the globe going on, I love it, so waving from sunny but freezing Derbyshire. Applepie what does your liquid fast include? Do you have a juicer. I do and love it but am quite lazy so don’t use it enough. Anyway, Day 2 for me, 3lbs down after first fast, I understand some of this will be water but lets hope I can soon see the number 10 (I’m now 11st). I measure things the old fashioned way. Now to decide what to eat today! Have a lovely day everyone.

Hi magicarp, waving, 🙂
    Do you know Ashton Under Lyne? we moved here from near there 🙂
    My liquids only day consists of black coffee in the morning. Lots of water, with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon (we have a lemon tree! I still can’t get over it, haha) or with a splash of fruit juice, from a carton. A cup of fruit tea in the afternoon. Then a very luxurious cup of bovril for tea. More lemon water watching TV. Early night. Jobs a good’un as we Mancunians say.
    I started at 10.12, similar to you, on 5.1.15. I am now 9.11. I am amazed at myself. Me, under 10 stone, unbelievable. And loving my new way of life.
    Good luck everyone!

Waving to everyone from Manchester :p
    Yesterday was good for me, another successful fast, and zero alcohol, so feeling positive. My tummy is rumbling a lot today! I’m planning to keep it low again, although not as low as a fast day. I need to make myself walk at lunch, its so difficult to get motivated when its so cold. I know i’ll feel better if I do though.
    Good luck with the day, stay strong!

Hi Applepie, you’ve done great losing more than a stone, wow! Bikinis for you in your sunny climes, so jealous of the lemon tree, we once stayed at a villa in Majorca and had one with loads of fruit, me and my sister-in-law couldn’t leave it alone, in every drink and on every salad. Not sure I could do the liquid fast but good on you. I know where Aston-under-lyne is, just across the pennines from me, I’m in Chesterfield so a big wave to Dragonfly, also just over the pennines.My walk today Dragonfly will be round sainsburys but I have just started having a go at the HIIT, high intensity exercise, 3 minutes a day. I have just done 60 seconds of skipping and it nearly killed me, can’t believe how unfit I am! Anyway, must get back to work. TTFN

Waving from snowy Scottish highlands. Freezing here today but enjoyed one of my ‘normal’ days. Fast day tomorrow then I can enjoy 4 more normal days. I think I can do this……

Wed check in and hello Scotland, England, Spain and SE Qld! 2nd non-fast day and up 300gms. Now I’m 3 months into 5:2, I’m really wanting the scales not to climb too much on my nonfast days. Often I eat in an 8 hr window from 11am to 7pm. I read somewhere on the forum that that helps. Continuing to take in the waist on trousers and starting to take in under the arms a bit on sleeveless tops. Beginning of autumn here, so still quite hot.
    Merry

I’m in for March — started today for my first time.

Great big smile on my face this morning after stepping on the scales 🙂 That liquid only day really does the trick, and it’s easy! But I only “officially” weigh in on Mondays (I am hard on myself) so we will have to see if I lose overall in the week.

Hi Taz9 you will enjoy this new way of life, and you will enjoy even more the fact that it works! Welcome 🙂

Onwards and downwards

Happy Wednesday to all my friends 😀 Loving that we all seem to be doing so well so far! I had another good day yesterday, kept it low and lovely chicken and vegetable soup when I got home from work! I’m trying to keep my weighing to Mondays only, but I “feel” smaller today, which is good. Probably just water, but yayy I’m enjoying the feeling.

Ive been walking every day too. Wow magicarp thats brilliant with the HIIT .. I know thats supposed to be really good. I got the Davina 7min workout dvd for my birthday but havent tried any of it yet lol! I think 60 seconds of skipping would nearly kill me too haha!

Stay strong everyone, have a great day x

I’m new here smile Just started today. I just turned 24 and weigh 166.6 lbs. I want to try losing at least 20 lbs to get started, but I’m really interested in just getting fit enough to join activities without getting exhausted right away. I’ve been trying diet and exercise off and on, but can never stick to it. I’m also follow http://wp.me/p5NIsT-14. It seems wonderful! I’m hoping this will help with motivation to keep it up.

Losing weight is freaking hard as can be, especially with so much information out there on the right way or wrong way to lose fat. Foods we can’t eat, exercises we gotta do, it’s enough to drive somebody crazy.

Here’s to feeling smaller Dragonfly, well done on the walking, would probably blow away if I tried it here today! I’m planning a pilates session this afternoon when I get back from my travels. Today is my second fast, I have bought a ready meal that is under 400cals so I don’t have to think about cooking and also ready meals for the hubby and daughter. Goes against the grain a bit cos I like to cook properly but it’s only 1-2 times a week. Well I’m off to sunny Leicester for work today so have my little bundle of celery to keep me going. Welcome Javonte, I agree, there is enough info out there on weight loss to break the internet. Stick to this one it seems very simple to me and obviously works. Plus with all the lovely peeps on here giving support you can’t go wrong. Have a great day everyone. PS let me know anyone if you buy a skipping rope, I made my hubby do it, gave me such a laugh watching him!

Hello, I’m waving from Staffordshire

I started last Wednesday, so almost March
    Second fast day today (Monday my first)and so far so good, I do virtually no exercise at all……..which is embarrassing waiting for the warmer weather so I can get out into the garden. Would love to do some skipping but fear I may scare the neighbours.

I shall weigh in tomorrow morning and get back to you all

good luck

Hi Javonte and Jayne L! Welcome to.a great WOL (way of life).

Thursday checkin and 2 nd fast day of this week for me. Have had 1 small skim milk flat white ( 70 cals) when out at 2.30 ish and 1 boiled egg ( 55 gm with shell off is 76 cals) at 3.45pm which leaves 346 cals for dinner which will be lean pork or chicken and low GI vegies + 1/2 apple.

Going through the freezer last night checking what needs using, and found a packet of chinese dumplings left behind by my son when he was here over Christmas. Broke my own rule of not eating grain foods, and we had them with vegies for dinner, and sure enough this morning the scales had spiked upwards. Should have just given them away or thrown them away. Throwing food away just doesn’t seem right, but it’s not good that I threw them at me instead! That old post WW 2 thing of never discarding food has come back to bite me yet again.
    Live and learn
    Merry

Hi Merry, I’m the same when it comes to throwing food away, I really dont like to do it. Bet the dumplings were good though 😉 I had a glass of wine last night, but moving on!

Have a great day everyone … we can do this!

Morning All. Welcome Taz, you don’t say much but good luck and don’t forget to talk on here, I’m already feeling much less like giving up because of the support on here. I did a fast yesterday and came close to giving in but you lot were at the back of my mind giving me a push and I made it! Phew! Thanks All. Scales the same this morning but I think I need to be more patient. If the 3lb loss remains for this week then that is a good start. I think I will need to do another fast on Friday because I’m going out for dinner on Saturday. It really has turned into Mad March Dragonfly because I’m out every weekend for dinner this month now, birthday next week, students reunion then family visiting! Must try and resist those puddings but Merryme I feel for you with the dumplings. Dumplings of any nationality are sooooooooooooooooooo lush. Anyway, going to my mums for tea tonight and having rainbow trout and stirfry so very healthy. Have a good day All.

Morning all. Today is my second fast day. Have to try hard not to eat in the evening as evenings are very bad for me, can’t resist to eat. Please give some tips for this. Thanks

Hi busy mummy, an old trick is to brush your teeth instead and have an early night!More sensibly eat a meal that is high in protein so that you don’t feel hungry. I have a fruit/herbal tea about an hour after my main meal and find this stops me wanting something sweet. Can recommend the Night time Pukka tea.

Thanks magicarp, I will try Pukka tea. And brush trick is also good.

Yesterday was a fast day and it went surprisingly well, mainly because I was so busy at work that the first and only meal I had was at 5.30pm…..and didn’t feel hungry

So weigh in this morning and the scales were very kind to show that I am another 2lb lighter, very happy with that. This news will encourage me not to go overboard with the wine at the weekend.

Have a great day everyone

I’ve read your posts and feel the community you have fostered. I want to contribute as I’ve already benefitted. Thank you.
    Just turned 60 two weeks ago. It’s time to take the lead and stop feeling twice my soul size. I never had to think about what I ate for the first 50 years of my life. I was always the slender one, fit into anything. Now, ten years into this WOACA thing, I’ve had to buy all new clothes, can’t manage the cute little vintage calf-length pencil skirts any more, but I want to. Took the grown daughters, who I see twice a year, on a family vacation. One said I looked so much different than I used to that she felt she didn’t know me. To be fair, I did let my hair go silver/gray, and for the most part, I like it. But along with the sagging chin, I don’t recognize myself in photos. This has to change. I intend to keep the hair but loose the chin. I’m no good at diets, but I think I can do this one. Three days in, one fast day under my belt, I’m jumping in whole-heartedly and hope to loose 30 lbs in six months, faster if possible.
    Your posts are all so motivating. Thank you.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply.