macros and calories?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello fasters 🙂

I have dabbled with fasting before but I prefer 16:8 to the 5:2. I feel much more in control of my eating – i tend to over eat during the non fasting days. I lost four pounds in my first week of fasting 16 hours every day and eating in an 8 hour window.

I am unsure however how many calories and what macros I should be eating during the 8 hour window, and this is why I am joining this forum 🙂

Sorry – maybe I shouldnt be in this forum.

Thank you for listening anyway.

Nothing stopping you from combining 16:8 and 5:2. Use the online resources section at the top of the page to calculate your TDEE. By macros Im assuming you mean protein, carbs and fat? Ask 10 different people and they will give you 10 different P/C/F ratios. I have a very simple way of getting my macros. I avoid all processed grains. So no bread, pasta, rice etc. Processed grains are pure crap. Avoid at ALL costs. Avoid sugar at all costs. Pure crap. I get my carbs from veggies. Carbs embedded in fibre is as good as it gets. Protein I eat some chicken and tuna. Maybe some red meat once per week. I don’t eat a lot of meat but I do eat meat. Tofu, beans and legumes are also good for protein content. Fats I eat lots of cheese, high fat low sugar yogurt, avocadoes. Also nuts like brazil nuts, almonds and walnuts are a good source of fat and protein.

For micro nutrients I use a very simple method. Choose a wide range veggies and make sure they are different colours. Red, green yellow etc.

I don’t count calories but then I have a very strong leptin response (hormone released from stomach that tells you that you’ve had enough food) and can easily tell when Im full. This is not the case for a lot of people. From what you have said perhaps this is not the case for you? If you incorporate 5:2 as well as 16:8 I believe that you will become more in tune with the leptin response and will eventually just stop eating when this hormone is released.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.