Low Blood Pressure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  _deleted account 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• My BP is naturally already on the low side (104/65) and when I first tried this diet, I found I was ridiculously dizzy the next day and my BP had dropped substantially, hence the symptoms. I struggled to function safely and couldn’t drive while I felt that way.

I have around 2 stone to lose to get into a healthier weight for my age (early 50’s) and height, I am not on any medication. I really like the 5:2 concept but need to be able to do this without the big BP drop.

Anyone else had this experience and have any tips for preventing this? Perhaps not going as low as 500 calories? Any help welcome! I want to re-start but am a wee bit nervous.

Hi Ginan and welcome:

Try drinking more water and take in more salt. A salty bouillon works well.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Ginan Tonic, miso soup will keep you hydrated and well-salted.

Simcoeluv, salty bouillon might work. Or I guess Bovril in hot water maybe!
    K-Lo, Love the smell of miso soup but unfortunately allergic to soya, so I can’t have it. But thanks so much for responding, all help hugely appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.