Losing 5 kilos – woman of 5 foot 2

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Losing 5 kilos – woman of 5 foot 2

This topic contains 68 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Butterfly0725 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 69 total)

• Hello!
    I started the diet last week – starting weight 57 kilos. My aim is to get to 52 – does anyone want to join me and form a group to support each other?
    I have done 4 fasts so far – yesterday was so hard and I nearly gave it up at lunchtime. I didn’t though, although I am not sure that I kept exactly to 500 cals.
    I have been weighing myself every day and this morning post-fast I was 55.8. I think I have lost nearly a kilo in two weeks not counting the water loss (my weight this morning is obviously going to be lighter as I fasted yesterday but I was 56.3 yesterday morning.
    I am 45 with a 4 year old daughter – my weight has been creeping up for the last few years and 57 is the heaviest I have ever been – I want to get it under control before it gets worse!
    Any tips very welcome – good luck to you all
    Jsne x x x

hey there, i am also 5’3 but not as lucky to be as light as 57kg! I managed to get to that weight this time last year but an all inclusive holiday just led me to carry on with the bad eating habits as soon as I got back! I would definitely say plan what you’re going to eat on your fast days as it definitely helps with the mental side of things. Try to incorporate low calories things like jelly and yoghurt mixed together. Also another good sweet tooth for me is slicing an apple and putting it in the microwave then dust it with cinnamon for breakfast or a snack! Because you eat it with a fork it feels like a meal!

I am currently 63.5kg and aiming to get down to 60kg before my holiday in five weeks time, but that’s just an interim target. Ideally I would like to get back down to 58/59kg! This is my second week fasting and I am on my last fasting day of the week!

Hi janepegs, I’m quite new too. I’ve also completed 4 fasts and have about the same amount of weight to lose as you do. I started at about 64.5 kg. Well, I’m guessing because I’d eaten so much in the few days before I started my first fast, I didn’t even want to look! Current weight is 62.3 kg. I have a goal of reaching 59.5 kg which I haven’t weighed for years, maybe a decade!

I’m glad you didn’t give up! Was it hunger that was swaying you to possibly eat more or were you feeling fatigued or other symptoms?

I find I have a much easier time following the program if I include 50 grams of protein in my 500 calorie allowance. I’ve fasted both ways and I even find I lose more fat and feel fuller longer including those 50 grams. I use a whey protein powder to help with this. The one I use is only 45 calories per serving and tasted fine mixed in water.

What also works best for me is to not eat on my fasting day until I feel hungry. I’m currently finding that I often don’t feel hungry until 1:00 p.m. or this last fast day I wasn’t hungry until 3 p.m. This meant that I was able to have a bigger late afternoon meal, which felt nourishing. I always plan all my food the day before my fasting day and have it all ready so that it is there and I know exactly what I’ll be eating. I use http://www.myfitnesspal to calculate my calories which adds an element of fun to the program. Keep us posted on how you do!

Well done Lael on your weight loss so far!

It’s good knowing there is someone out there with such a similar body shape, age and weight to me! I am weighing for the first time Sunday morning so will be sure to let you know how I get on.. the protein idea is fab too! I have the golden syrup flavour from MyProtein and it is amazing, tastes fine with water on fasting days, but I also tend to just put a tiny bit in so it makes a mouse and it feels like you’re eating something naughty!

I have now done two weeks fasting on the 5:2 diet and have only lost 1lb so i am still sitting at 10stone and about 63.6kg!! I have a holiday in four weeks and am realyl starting to get demotivated and put down by it all 🙁

Hi Keleighx3,

I read your posts on the other thread and I just wanted to say you are on track. If you fasted for 4 days total at a 500 cal max and you ate 1400 cal on the other days, then you had a calorie deficit of about 3600 cal in two weeks. If you need 3500 cal less to lose a pound then that’s what you did. You lost 1 lb. Good job!

My sister told me that she read an article (I do not have the link) about the 3500 cal= 1 lb thing. Apparently that’s not “one size fits all”. If one is heavier then one needs to eat only say 1500 cal less to lose a 1 lb while if someone is closer to their ideal weight (5-6 lbs over) then that one needs to cut more calories. So long story short it will take you longer to lose those last 7 lbs, but you will lose them. Just be patient. I am also 8 lbs away from my ideal weight and I am not loosing as fast as I was at the beginning. For me this is the easiest diet I ever tried. So I am sticking with it😊.

Have fun in Orlando!

Thank you Anaidara, That has been really helpful thank you! I think my TDEE is around 2100 calories a day so I am cutting down quite a lot but I think until my holiday comes I am going to do 4:3 fasting and see if that makes any difference! Probably the most uplifting message I have had on here today so thank you  I am definitely going to keep at it for the next two weeks and see what happens! Are you of similar weight/height to me? x

Hi Keleighx3,

Thanks for your sweet reply. I am 5’4″ and right now I weigh 148.5 lbs. I am 42 yrs old and when I started this I was at 162 lbs. I started in April and I lost about 9 lbs in 5 weeks. Then, I was abroad for 6 weeks and I couldn’t really diet. I did exercised a bit and I lost 2 more lbs. Since coming back I lost 2 more but nothing last week😔. I am exercising 4-5 days a week with http://www.fitnessblender.com. I love those guys😍.

Hi Janepegs – it sounds as if we are in the very same boat.
    I’m a little shorter at 5ft1 but out start weights are the same at 57kgs.
    I kicked off my IF diet last week – have done 3 fast days so far and today weighed in at 54.8kgs.

My goal is 51-52kgs.

It would be great to join you and a group!

Wow 54.8kg’s is definitely something to be proud of! I am on my first fast of the week so far and i normally have breakfast on fasting days but today i thought i would give it a miss.. have been up since 5:30 and not feeling hungry yet! This may be the way to go! 😀

Hopefully we can all support each other as we are of similar heights and weights! (i may be a little heavier) but the support would still be fab!

I do think fasting gets easier as you go along. Just have to remind ourselves of the end goal.

I am terrible for hitting the dreaded Plateau and then giving up and eating terrible food…. On top of that I’m really impatient and want the weight gone yesterday! ha!

My biggest struggle will be being realistic about the weight loss. So this time I have promised myself (fingers crossed) that I’ll just keep going and take each day as it comes.

I swear- for us smaller girls it feels harder to shift those 5 kgs!

But let’s keeping checking in with each other- and if you feel a moment of weakness I’m only a post away!

Just remember- we’ve started now…. Starting I think is the hardest part sometimes!

DJMC, I feel your pain there, being patient is one of my worst skills to master, I want the weight gone, and I want it gone NOW! I’ve come to the conclusion that the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep it off. I went through a stage last year of not eating anything and I did get down to my goal weight of 9.3stone but I put it all back on hence why I am back here!  Slow and steady wins the race.

I lost my first stone quite easily, but now it’s a right struggle to break into the 9’s again.. but im determined after two weeks of sitting dead on 10 stone I will do it on Sunday! I had my first fast day of the week yesterday and it was surprisingly easy but you’re right it does get easier I think you have a completely different mind set on fasting days!

Please message if you’re feeling low or struggling as I think we could all do with some motivation!! 😀

Ok so today is my second fasting of the week and I normally find it really easy to fast and don’t even give it a second thought.. however after my 6 mile run this morning I am HUNGRY.. I have had an apple so far and I have a Quorn salad with jelly for my lunch.. trying to drink lots of squash and green tea to keep me full but I think today is going to be a struggle!

Hello hello all! Last time I logged inI had no replies and now I have so many! Thanks so much.
    Well in the first two weeks of fasting I had lost about 2 pounds which was okay but slightly disappointing.
    Then this week I have lost another 2! So feeling much more positive.
    Protein definitely helps. I tend to have nothing in the morning, an apple early afternoon then omelette and salad mid afternoon. Waiting until thee evening is too hard.
    Today is my fast day and I have felt nauseous all day. Tried today my omelette just now and couldn’t. Makes fasting easier but is very unpleasant. Good luck and well done to you all xx

hey Janepegs! Hope your fasting day went well! I am also fasting today and surprisingly as the day has gone on it is getting easier. I cant wait to go home and have my mushrooms on toast for dinner! Hopefully might have enough for some scrambled egg!

I am weighing in Sunday- hopefully more than just 1lb off this week! xx

Well I was just sick so my omelette is now in the toilet:) oh dear. I have felt quite unwell all week and haven’t had my usual ravenous appetite. I don’t know what is up – my partner is bringing me coconut water which I hope will help. Electrolytes perhaps? Who knows? The silver lining is that weight loss has started speeding up – it is disheartening to work so hard and not see results. I also have no patience. I have been on a diet for 5 minutes – am I skinny yet???

Ha! Am i skinny yet… so how my brain works too. No good you are not well Janepegs? hope its like a one off thing?

Im 5 days into week 2 of this diet… and like every time I try and lose weight i lose big in the first week, and then the second week the scales don’t budge much at all…. urggghhhh, but i have to keep reminding myself that its only been like 11 days!

Anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

Sounds like everyone is doing well with their fasting days – did my forth day yesterday… and after finding the first 3 ok, this one was tough. But now its done – onto week 3 – come on scales start to move again!

Good luck DJMC – the third week for me has been a much bigger loser but I think that is down to illness! I continue to be sick every 3 hours so going to doctors today. My scales tell me 53.7 but I think that is mainly water as yesterday I managed to keep down a satsuma and some coconut water 🙂
    Keleigh I also read the comments on your other thread. I think you are doing all the right things. I don’t think there is any need to cut carbs further – you are not eating crappy carbs, just the good ones, and anyway, 5:2 is 5:2 not carb-free.
    One diet at a time!
    Stay strong over the weekend, all xxx

Hi all! Similar thinking to janepegs and DJMC…weighing myself every day. And now annoyed as I seem to have gained 1.5lbs since yesterday. Need to be reminded to laugh at myself.
    Also 5’2″, and also trying to get to 52 kg. But from 60. I weighed 53 for most of my life, always ate as much as I wanted. Things changed with hypothyroidism and, more recently, with quitting smoking. First time trying a diet, so nice sharing 🙂

Hi! This is my first time here. 3 weeks ago I weighed 92 kilos. Yes, I am really heavy. But, I got tired of looking at my reflection in the mirror and feel so sad. I decided to start dieting and exercise. Now, I am 87 kilos. I lost some but I want to lose more. Fasting really helps? I have not tried it. Please help.

Yes Ria. Fasting really works. Have you started yet?

@sigalkg I have no idea yet how to do it and what to do. Can you help me?

You should really read the book. It’s important not to start half assed. You need to know the science and the technique. It’ll support you when it’s hard. It’s an easy read. Available on Amazon. And on kindle. It’s worth the investment of time. Take a week to immerse yourself in this and start after that. Think of it as an investment in yourself. It really can be the last diet you’ll ever do

And I want to encourage you Ria that it works. You can be much lighter and healthier. I started 82 kgs and am now 77 after 6 weeks and that includes a week of eating anything I want on holiday in Spain.

How can I start? I am very interested. Please help me.

Thank you Janepigs! Finally someone who is on the same page as me! I’m training every day and making sure I am on track with diet. I have to admit last Sunday wasn’t a good day for me and I did have an over the top cheat day (BOOO ME!) and I really think this has affected my loss this week. I got on the scales this morning and I was still the same.. so on Sunday this would have been my third week with only 1lb loss! A Little disheartening with all the training that im doing, although I am doing a lot of weight training so I have heard this changes your shape rather than your weight and to step off the sad scales! Has anyone else experienced this?

Keleigh – definitely the weight lifting makes you put on weight – although of course all in muscle and reduces flab. Try measuring yourself and see if you get more encouraging results. I didn’t have a very impressive loss on the scales at first but I felt that my clothes fitted better.
    Why don’t you weigh yourself every morning? I know it is frowned upon but I find it very encouraging. After a fast day I usually lose about a pound. About half of this is real weight loss and the other half water. After a decadent day I can put on 2 pounds! But it’s mainly in the intestines (ahem) and sorts itself out over the next couple of days. Stay strong! I am a runner and exerciser too, but can’t do anything at the moment because of this stupid illness.
    Ria – have a look at the information on this website as a starting point. Basically you eat normally ( no bingeing) 5 days a week and only eat 500 calories on each of the other days. It is hard at times but psychologically it is easier than other diets as however hungry you get, you know you can eat the next day. Well done on your weight loss so far – very impressive. Xx

Hi Janepigs, – yeah I have done a lot of reading and have found that most people who train similar to me advise ditching the ‘sad steps’ and muscle is a lot denser than fat and you can weigh the same and look completely different. I used to weigh myself every day and it definitely kept me in check.. I think I am definitely going to start weighing every day and taking measurements to see if there are any changes. I have only lost a 1lbs the three weeks ive been doing this so it is really frustrating!!

Hi:

Here is most of the information you need to be successful on 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

The ‘Exercise’ link explains why a person may not lose much weight when starting to exercise and diet at the same time.

Good Luck!

So weigh in was on Sunday and from my previous weigh in of 141 I weighed 139.6!! Finally in the 9 stone bracket!! Although Sundays tend to be a massive struggle for me as they are my families treat day. I tried to be good and have strawberries covered in a little bit of chocolate as it was my non fasting day – however it slowly turned into a packet of biscuits and some chocolate covered rice cakes! Annoyed as the rest of the day was so well! Even had limited potatoes on my roast dinner so it was mainly vegetables! I am having a fasting day today to try and limit the damage and still planning on training every day this week. I was going to fast tomorrow as well as Thursday – 3 fasts in one week – would you recommend this or would you suggest to keeping it as 2 fasts and still keeping my non fasting days to under my TDEE?

Thanks in advance!

Keleigh – i think it depends on you really. If i go too hard out and too strict straight off the bat, the diet seems to burn me out and i get over it and start with old habits again. So i’ll keep my fast days to only 2 a week – so i don’t grow to hate the ‘diet’.

Re me – I’m into week 3 now. So disappointed with last week – did really well all week – gymmed it 5 mornings in a row, stuck to healthy eating on my none fast days and lost a pathetic 200grams. Urgh – this is the frustrating part…. fingers crossed week 3 gets better results.

Please tell me someone on here has had the same experience and week 3 was awesome for them!!!

Hi DJMC and welcome:

The average weight loss for women on 5:2 is between three-quarters of a pound and a pound a week. Some weeks will be more, some less. Exercise tends to slow down weight loss initially. Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your support and keeping me going through this – especially when i have had my moans. Even after a guilty biscuit binge on sunday the scale have said 139lbs DEAD ON!! This is 2lbs change since last week! happy days

Well done Keleigh! Great ob.
    I am on my fast day and have eaten all my calories already, whoops!
    But after my illness and loss of appetite I am down to 53.6kilos – only 3 pounds to go! although still looking rather flabby I have to say.
    Stay strong all xx

Keleigh, keep up the good work!

Hi Janepegs and K-Lo thank you for all your words of wisdom! It has obviously been a huge motivation and helping hand.. i am trying 4:3 this week just to see how i get on.. i am away camping at the weekend and have every intention of staying on plan! 🙂

I’m sure you are looking wonderful and slim at a tiny 53.6kg’s janepegs! Make sure you don’t loose too much if your only small like me!

DJMC – i can relate to you!! My first week was awful, i was so clean and on plan and didn’t loose anything, but this is my third week and ihave finally seen some changes. You’re not the only one as week three was my results week! xx

Good Morning Ian,

I was very sceptical about this way of dieting to start with as I wasn’t loosing weight for the first two weeks despite training HARD every day, in the gym, boxing and hill sprints. And when I say hard, I mean that I did my leg day five days ago and hill sprints this morning was still sore! After a slight binge at the weekend on biscuits (not like me at all) I decided to go 4:3 this week with my final fasting day tomorrow as I am at work then travelling so thought it would be easier than a normal Friday night – and its WORKED!! Jumped on the scales and when I started this I was 141lbs and I was 138.6 this morning! Now I know this doesn’t sound a lot but s I only have about 10lbs to lose I was really struggling to shift the last few stubborn pounds!

Keep with it everyone, I am enjoying my food today reading for fasting tomorrow!

Were strong and we’ve got this! 😀

Hi all.
    Hope you are doing well!
    I have put on 200g every day this week (although I have eaten almost nothing as appetite only fully returned yesterday after my illness.
    Back up to 54, so I suppose my previous big loss must have been a lot of water.
    Fasting today and ravenous.
    Have to stay strong as holiday next week so this is last-chance saloon bikini body express:)
    Have a good day x

Hi Janepegs,

glad you are starting to feel back to normal now after being a bit under the weather. 54kg is not a bad thing! I weighed in At 62.9kg this morning, absolutely chuffed to see the 62 rather than 63’s even if it is only just slightly! Back to fasting tomorrow for my third day this week – and I hope it goes better than the last one as I felt hungry most of the day. As the weather is getting a little bit cloudy again I think I am going to start drinking black coffee to fill me up on fasting days  5lbs till my first target of 9 stone 7!!

Well done Kelieigh!
    I fasted yesterday and was very strict and lost nothing! I imagine that this was something to do with water???? who knows – still 54.
    I just ran 12 miles – furthest I have ever run outside of racing, so I am happy 🙂
    Good luck fasting today
    How are you doing DJMC?
    Have a great weekend all!
    x

Thank you Janepegs – slowly but surely! 54kg is good though don’t get disheartened – just because you fasted one day doesn’t mean you will weigh less the next, if you do this will mainly be water or food weight – not any fat loss as this takes time so effectively your working a week behind with the scales!

I have been up since 4am this morning to fit in my early gym session, so I think fasting today may be a struggle. I have had one egg and mushrooms on a Thin, and two baby plums sofar. I have a protein shake and a yoghurt whilst at work which leaves me 100 calories for dinner this evening!! HELP. Trying to drink lots of black coffee to keep me full this afternoon! Time is ticking ever so slowly today!

P.S well done of the 12 mile run!!

Hey Janepegs and everyone 🙂
    Still going strong- first fast day this week where I actually felt terrible- nauseous and all.

Scale hasn’t budged- but I’m hanging in there. I read Simcoloves suggested links and it made me feel better about not dropping quickly…. So this week will be the forth week on If… I’ve made a deal with myself to keep going for 12 weeks…

My goal this week is to eat as clean as possible on my non fast days. I haven’t been too bad and not busting my calories but I’ve had dark chocolate here and there…

Hope everyone else is doing well! I find it so interesting reading about how everyone reacts differently to IF!
    DJMC

Hallo all, hope you are doing well! I have been eating nonstop all weekend so dreading getting on the scales, but tomorrow is a fast day, then holiday in Turkey for a week, which will NOT be a slimming affair, but at least I have lost a bit before I go
    Hope your weekends are going well x x x

Hello fellow petite ladies,

I am also around 63kgs at 5ft 3, a 39 years old women from Cheshire with two teenagers [aged 14 and 13] and a full time and part time jobs as a University Lecturer and an NHS health care professional. For most of my life I have weighed around 8.5 to 8.10 stone, and piled on the pounds after the age of 35 slowly, which I have not been able to get rid off. I just got back our family holiday in France, which I was not able to enjoy despite the gorgeous whether due to my weight. I am taking my husband on a romantic break to Italy for his 35th bday in September, and determine to lose a stone by then. So will start my 2:5 fast tomorrow, on which I plan to fast eating 500 cals on weekdays and eat normally, but healthily at the weekends to be able to reach my goal in six weeks. Which equates to 2.3 pounds a week! I know it is very ambitious but I am determined not to have another depressed holiday, and not turn 40 with a double chin! So, any support and peer motivation, tips will be much appreciated. I am also planning to go to gym 3 days a week and just signed up for ride to work scheme to acquire a new bike in an attempt to increase my physical activity.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Good morning everyone. I hope you had a good weekend.

I was also a little naughty this weekend but went for an hour long walk with my son (Pokemon hunting, can you believe – anything excuse to get him to join me for a walk) after my longish run so hopefully that will help a bit.
    I have decided to weigh myself twice a week instead of every day so will weigh myself tomorrow.

Today is a fasting day so I will be trying to focus on anything and everything apart from food! I find evenings the hardest when I am making dinner for the family so now I have started to make things they like but I don’t on those days so I don’t get tempted.

Hope you all have a great day.

Hi Turkelton – welcome to our group! Good luck with your challenge. I did two weeks of only eating lunch once and lost a lot. I worked out too and it changed the way I ate for a long time. My only tips would be apples and eggs! I find eating small meals torturous so prefer to eat 400 calorie meal mid afternoon and use the rest for tea etc.

Hi everyone

second fast day of the week today and for some reason am really struggling. I have a headache and feel really queasy. I know it’s bad when I have to get out the herbal tea!
    I’m at work and trying to keep my mind off my discomfort but today has been really hard so far. I am determined to keep going though – I weighed myself this morning and had gained slightly so I really must be good.
    I have a 10½ km run planned for this afternoon so I really want to be feeling better by then.

Sorry about the moan – just needed to say it out loud.

Hi sp13 – I hope you made it through your fast day. I am back from holiday and struggling too. Fasting today and feel weak – craving carbs. I maintained my weight loss on holiday – god knows how – but cheated on last fast and today already about 100 cals over. I think I am going for early night.
    Hope you’re all seeing results! X

Hi janepegs – things are much better now. I went for a walk that day and it really cleared my head. I am still plugging away – never give up!

Well done for maintaining your weight loss on holiday. I can never do that – I’m impressed.

Hi everone! I am also 5’2 and am hoping to go down to 51kg. I have done 4 weeks of 5:2dieting and I started at 58,5 kg.

The day before my last fasting day for week 4, I was at 55,7 kg. On fasting day, I ate shirataki noodles for dinner. The next day, I weighed myself and gained (56.1kg) instead of losing! Any of you guys eat shirataki noodles who had experienced this before? Frustrating to see the scales go up when it’s going down the past weeks.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply.