Losing 5 kilos – woman of 5 foot 2

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Losing 5 kilos – woman of 5 foot 2

This topic contains 68 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Butterfly0725 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)

• Hi everyone, can I join in here? I too would really love to lose 5 kilos. No, I AM going to lose 5 kilos!

I have a family wedding to attend in October and I have this kind of horror and dread about it, as hubby’s family is photo OBSESSED and are constantly snapping away and displaying the pics to all and sundry. I hope this doesn’t make me sound frivolous but I would really like to look good in the photos as they will be around for all eternity with this family, and whipped out at any and every opportunity!

Last year I got down to a weight I was super happy with (58 kgs) after having twins (a few years ago now so no excuse!) but slipped into some tough times and piled it back on. Feeling better now and it’s time for a change.

I’d love to join here for the accountability and moral support. I make it through my days eating well but my downfall is night time after the kids are asleep. Massive sweet tooth.

So I have committed to a fast day today. Will do Mondays and Weds.

Have had a plate of broccoli sprinkled with a little bit of dukkah for lunch and am planning to have the chilli bean recipe from the 5:2 book for dinner, minus the rice. Mineral water is helping.

Can I do this? Can I lose 5 kilos (or a little bit more would be ideal) in the space of about 7 weeks? I want to believe it’s do-able!

700 grams per week? Probably do-able but youre going to have to be strict on yourself. Keep feeding the sweet tooth and you’ll have to concede defeat now. There is no magic involved.

No grain based staples like bread, pasta, pizza, rice etc. No sugar!!! No sugar drinks. No chocolate, cake, biscuits etc. No fruit juice (its not healthy for you!!) Want fruit eat a piece of whole fruit. Go for your berry type fruits and eat fruit in moderation. Get your carbs from veggies.

Work out you TDEE using the resources link at the top of the page. Make sure you don’t eat more than your TDEE on non fast days. Eat 1/4 of your TDEE OR LESS on your fast days. You should just get there.

Thankyou bigbooty for the encouragement!

Don’t be scared of fats. Have some low sugar high fat yogurt with a handful of mixed berries for breakfast. Stay away from muesli and other breakfast cereals. They are pure crap. Protein like tuna or tofu is good. A handful of nuts like almonds, walnuts or brazil nuts have good fats and protein in them. No cashews. Don’t go over your TDEE. Have fun at the wedding.

Hello all! Ad welcome to you new members of our group. Hope all is going well. I have never tried those noodles but that gain can’t actually be weight – most sudden gains are either water or <ahem> blocked food. Noodles sound quite blocking and bloating, so that could be it πŸ™‚ I am a bit stuck at the momet but still around 53.5-54. Wanting to lose a bit more, but just reached a plateau at the moment. Happy to have maintained what I have lost to be honest as I had quite a decadent weekend of wine and camping. I find writing down the weight after wighing myself every morning helps – sometimes I think I am not doing well, then I lok back at the figures over the last couple of weeks and realise that I am doing fine πŸ™‚
    I don’t have any great tips to offer really but I find fast days go well if I skip breakfast, do plenty of exercise and eat eggs and salad. A green apple helps me too, but small snacks make me hungrier. I fasted yesterdaya nd it waasn’t too bad – best one I have done for a while. weird how soe days are so hard and others are okay.
    Keep going folks!
    Jane xxx

Hi janepegs, thanks for the welcome πŸ™‚

Congrats on the loss, you seem to have gone really well since you began! Wine and camping sounds lovely. I know the plateau is frustrating but you’ve done so well so far!

I had great success when I did 5:2 last year so I am really knuckling down again, which feels good.

My fast day went well yesterday and I didn’t binge today on non-fasting. It’s amazing how much you enjoy something like a simple bowl of oats and banana with a bit of honey, after a day of fasting! Will keep bigbooty’s words in mind for my non-fast days! Best not to have sweeeeeet temptations in the house for me I think.

Has anyone temporarily gone 4:3? I know in the book they say it’s fine as a short term thing but not permanently but I thought it might kickstart me….

Good evening! Janepegs, you are right. The sudden increase was water weight. After a few days, my weight went back to normal and my body got used to shirataki noodles.

I’m so happy the noodles are working out for me. Being asian, not eating rice/carbs is just so hard. The shirataki noodles are whats keeping me feeling full on my fast days. I can eat our the same dishes my family eats, I just swap out my carbs with the shirataki noodles/rice. Im going to try eating them with my non fast evening meals as well, just so that I can stay a tad under my TDEE and further boost the weight loss.

Fizzy_water, I’m with you when it comes to having sweets. When I have my fast days and my craving for sweet stuff kicks in, I’ll have a piece of sugar free gum. I also work out my day’s food intake so that I have calorries to spare for 100g of sugar free quark. I just take a teaspoon at a time, when my craving for sweet stuff isnt “cured” by the sugarfree gum. My 100g of quark at 60 kcals can last me through the day. I usually fast on the weekdays, so that work stuff keeps me busy and makes me forget about food. But there’s always pastries and cake at.work which triggers my craving for sweets.

Hello! The noodles sound good- I will try. I am currently cheating on fasting day. Not only over my calories but currently drinking wine! Oh my god. Going to do half day fast tomorrow to make up for it – never mind.
    I am with you on the carbs! I am marathon training and need carbs πŸ™‚ just trying to stick to the healthy ones. X

Hi all, how is everyone doing?

We’ve just had Father’s Day here in Aus and after a very ‘free’ day of celebratory eating I have found it hard to fast today, well actually I have not succeeded to be honest. Usually I feel great on fast days and really enjoy the simplicity and feeling of focus, but today with the memory of treats in my mouth/mind I just slipped. The best for me is to eat little or nothing until dinner, but I used my cals up at lunch and that was my downfall.

So I will Take 2 tomorrow. As I said I enjoy the focus of fast days and want to get back into the groove that I had happening. It’s still so easy for me to forget how good I feel, especially that ‘light’ feeling when you wake up after a fast day. I easily slip into ‘I can’t do this’. But NO to that negative voice, we CAN all do this!

I’m going to have an early night – no more binging today – and do a good fast tomorrow.

Hope you are all well x

Ok just checking in, hope everyone is going well.

Just confirming that I’m back on track and today’s fast was good. I just need to keep on going, and be mindful on my non-fast days.

I am 59kg at 5 ft 1.

Just started 5:2 three weeks ago. I was 61.2kg when I started. Tummy has already shrunk and I no longer look pregnant!

Would ideally like to get to 55kg if possible

Just a bit of encouragement; I’ve been doing 5:2 since the start of the year and started at 58kg (I’m 5.3). I’m now down to 51 and my BF% has gone from 32 to 25. Fast days also get easier over time, I now skip breakfast and lunch on fast days and don’t have anything until the evening. I’m fasting today and looking forward to a slice of homemade lasgne (505 calories) in eight hours or so πŸ™‚

well done on your loss – that certainly is encouraging. I have been rubbish with my fasting but I am on it to. I am just under 54 at the momemtn but have put on a bit in the last couple of weeks as I have been too relaxed. Fasting today and I am going to succeed – I think one of the problems has been that I hve not been planning my meals. Today I have a day off – I have booked three gym classes to keep me out of mischief, then home for omelette and salad, then work this evening nd an early night Being busy is the key! Happy fasting to anyone who is doing it today, stay strong x x

Have a good fasting day janepegs! Well done on the gym. And early nights are best for me too, no lingering around the fridge!

I will be fasting tomorrow. Was a bit disheartened although I know it’s totally normal due to the ‘time of month’, but my last weigh I in was up by 400 grams. I know, I know I shouldn’t bother about it and am just going to focus on persistence and positivity and keeping on track of my eating on NF days too.

fizzy_water – it is my time of the month too. I have been steadily dropping and now it is rising. A bit disheartening I agree but I am carrying on with FD and then hope to see a big drop at the end of it. FD for me today

Hi everyone!

2nd FD for week 6 is done but the scales didnt move and results are the same from week 5’s. I’m still at 54,9kg. But, the good news is that I am now able to fit in my pre-baby jeans again, 26 months after giving birth to my daughter.

I’ve also started doing Freeletics on NF days. Somehow I survived the fitness test and today is my first day doing my week’s exercise as scheduled by the “coach” (app). I hope the 15 week program works for me, as at home workouts are the only ones I can do right now.

Hi Butterfly.
    I have also been on a plateau for a while, I think we have to just ride it out. It will shift if we stick to the plan! Great you are doing the fitness. I recommend Nell McAndrew dvds for home fitness. Addictive and easy to follow. It’s hard to fit in working out with a little one. Luckily my gym has a crΓ¨che. Happy fasting day to those doing today. I did mine yesterday and feel back on track. Woken up at 5am but not hungry at all

Good evening ladies! I hope everyone is doing well! Autumn has officially started in the northern part of Sweden where I live. The leaves are turning into different shades of red and brown, so pretty.

Janepegs, thank for the dvd tip. I’ll take a look into that. πŸ™‚

Today is my 2nd FD for week 7. For the first time ever I wasn’t so hungry and stayed under 500kcals (420kcal). Breakfast was 1 egg and 100g of vanilla quark. Lunch was at 229 kcal (100g chicken breast, 1dl pea soup, 50g vegetables and 200g konjac noodles) which includes dessert (a chocolate protein ball from myprotein.com at 33kcal). For midday snack, I took another 100g of quark. I planned on eating 1 hard boiled egg for dinner but I didnt feel hungry at all, so I just skipped it. Last food intake was at 14:30.

I hope the decreased calorie intake today and longer hours between my next meal tomorrow gives some results.

Viewing 19 posts - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply.