Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,351 through 2,400 (of 16,657 total)

• Thanks for the quick reply Amazon. I’m pretty sure they are included in the warm up part of the video, so that’s great. Will let you know how I get on

You’re welcome. Nothing worse than a sore neck.

Good morning all from a sunny Scotland .

I am loving reading all the posts . Whenever I log on the laptop the first place I go to is the posts in here . Always starts my day off with a smile .

Off with hubby and Ross shortly to get Dad . I always look forward to seeing him .

GRAPES . I love grapes . I have been freezing them for years since the grand children were small . Eldest Granddaughter now 25 so doing it for a long time . They loved them and they are good for a diet too as frozen things are good as they take longer to digest or something like that . Cold things seem to be best as it takes longer to burn the calories . I am not very technical as you can see lol . I am sure lovely SAMM could explain it better .

I am fasting today but will have 200g frozen grapes for my pudding tomorrow :).

Wee xx

Thanks for sharing the neck stretches, that’s something I’m sure I could use too and probably more of us in here as well 🙂

Bay it’s always lovely to watch the grandies at play isn’t it. They grow up so very fast so enjoy while they’re still little.

Well a good FD for me … made it to just under 500 cals today even with having a dessert spoon of mash potato but the rest was steamed or grilled but everyone else was having mash so I just went with the flow 🙂

It’s meant to be warming up tomorrow so will be able to wear some lighter items to work (YAY) then a bit warmer Saturday so as I’m home it will be shorts and T-shirt. Love the warmer weather as I hate wearing heavy clothes.

Well weigh in tomorrow morning, hoping I’ve done enough this week to still have a loss (as I know that previously about now things started slowing down for me, as in zero change, but I also didn’t have such large losses before either so who knows 😀 )

Hi Smiffy
    I remember your great success on the Fast Beach thing.
    Glad you’re still with us. 🙂 P

Hi Smiffy
    Lovely to hear from you. Tonight We had a simple meal of prawns with garlic, herbs and chili, together with crisp asparagus. It was so delicious.
    It’s great to read all the interesting and positive posts.
    Cheers, B 🙂

Another FD nearly over. I’ve just had steak with salad and veggies followed by some grapes. Delicious!

And I’ve lost another 1lb 🙂

Amazon you rock 🙂

Ross bought us all an ice cream when we were out with Dad today so . I have changed my fasting day to Tomorrow .

Wee xx

That’s the way to do it Weemam. A much better idea than watching everyone else eating ice cream, especially as it is something you really enjoy.
    I’m going out for lunch tomorrow with the girls, so I’m aiming to make it my only meal, then I can’t do any damage 😆

I agree Amazon :). I love how we can change about to suit our lifestyle . Much easier to keep on doing something so simple .

I got complimented today again …just made my day 🙂
    Wee xx

Weemam
    I’ll explain about grapes in simple and extremely detailed terms later.
    I’m don’t get manic except a few times in my life and I’ve had one of those days that make you just glad to be alive.

Graves are best eaten raw off the vine, however
    Best when eaten daily before during and after fasting,
    Further , pressed only the grape skins themselves soaked in red wine alcohol for three days.

Grapes are in a class of foods that can switch on and off genes. Elusive though . The best practice it to just eat them often and plant the seeds everywhere you can think of. Red grapes to be clear.
    To get the exact same benefit you would have to drink 12 oz of carrot juice for 6 weeks daily.
    That’s expensive and may or may not be needed.
    I will read on grape seeds though there are benefits and issues with grape seeds.

What I do personally is plant grape vines everywhere , and I know exactly when to go harvest them.
    I know it’s that crazy side of me that does what I want regardless of consequences. When first heard the researched the opportunity for health that red grape may have. 25 years ago I figured Id start my own vines , then like a criminal realized do random acts of planting along tall fences in all the neighborhoods I ever lived and many of my friends homes too.
    What fascinated me was the understanding that fasting and the grape eating effect on heart genetics.

See humans arent evolved enough to repair it’s own heart genetically , like if you cut you’re arm or broke a bone. You would heal. However the human heart does not repair. That is unless the genes to do so are switched on , by fasting and constant eating of grape skins. Weird right? Uhhhg. I probably shouldn’t submit this rambling , but this day has so horrible, sharing my thoughts and opinions is what is. Forgive me if it goes too far. I’m sleep deprived on top of everything else.

Hugs everyone. I stepped on scale in at work and I’m down 5lbs in two weeks of ADF with two more fast days to go. Confirmed it on the scale at home

Thanks SAMM I knew you would be able to explain it better .
    I love grapes too :). well done on the weight loss too .You are a shining example to us all pal 🙂

Wee xx

Well done on the 5lbs loss SAMM.

It’s good to lose weight , and support keep me focussed. This time I’m in it for the long haul.

Coulnt find a better reference , but this sophisticated read is not about grapes , but the genetic switch.
    Just so you know I’m didn’t dream it up myself.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26872/

Thanks for the link SAMM. Going to watch a film with my hubby so will read the link tomorrow .:)

Wee xx

What a great loss for you SAMM.

Well done Wee on using this to work with your lifestyle, that’s the beauty of this, we can mix things up and change things around to suit what happens on the day. Glad you got a compliment as well 🙂

YAY Amazon that’s fantastic, another lb gone, fantastic to hear 🙂

I barely moved the scales today, only 200g down but I sort of expected it this week however the tape measure liked me more, lol, with losing another 3.5 cm overall, which is roughly about 1&1/3 inches. So overall I’m happy that I’ve lost at least something everywhere 😀

Have a wonderful Friday and speak later 😆

Well done Aussie .

loving this WOL and all the great support .

Wee xx

Thanks Wee and yes as long as I stay true it will come off 🙂 even if it’s not showing at the time 🙂 and the support is fantastic 😀

Last night at dinner we had some fish,
    and though I tried, I did not finish.
    My mother told me while I chewed,
    brains loved fish over all other food.

Would a big scary brain come looking to see,
    if his favorite food was inside of me?
    Excusing myself, I went straight to bed,
    and pulled the covers over top of my head.

I tossed and turned without any sleep,
    wondering about what brains hate to eat.
    Fatty meats and sweets, my mama had said.
    So quickly downstairs I silently tread,
    and into the kitchen to remedy my dread.

Now erased are my fears to bed,
    with any feelings of doom.
    For now is sugar sprinkled, widespread,
    all about my room.
    By Irwin Mercer.

I don’t know exactly where I found the courage to lose 100lbs.
    But I know here is A favorite place to Keep on Keepin on.

My thoughts for this day.
    We keep eating macronutrients until we fulfill micronutrient needs.
    Sleep should be considered vitamin S

Nutrient search of the day
    Phyotsterol http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytosterol#Health_claims
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-011074000000000000000-w.html?maxCount=74

Hi to all my fellow fast trackers Smiffy Amazon Weemam Aussie Oma Bayleafoz Purple Vegie Eater Samm Ply24mp Jojo58 NickyF hermajtomomi I trust the force is with you ALL
    Today rounds out the 3rd fast day in the ADF cycle for me and I very much look forward to the results based evidence at tomorrows weigh in.Y-fee is yet to get onboard this WOL as
    she is having some thermostat issues and mood swings at this stage of her life and isnt having a happy time of it at all….:(
    Next week my mission is MTW fast days and record and report the numbers.
    Peace
    RT

5 more pounds, SAMM, that is great!
    @amazon, I am always googling Brit & Aussie words mentioned on this thread!
    @Rouge Trader, there are many women on this forum who have gained some relief from the symptoms your wife is suffering by following 5:2. Hope the scales are kind to you!

Hi everyone. I’m up early to watch some tennis 🙂
    I can’t see anything when I look out of the window as it is dark and misty. I can barely see the houses on the other side of the street. Autumn is here!

ply, what did I say that needed the help of Google to translate 😆

Good morning all,
    On my way home today, I am so relived not to go into another buffet meal. I am really not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. I am looking forward to fasting and eating healthy food with no extras.
    Good to here you are all doing so well.
    Jojo xx

Buffet meals are the work of the devil!

Safe journey home Jojo.

It won’t take long for you to get back into your routine and shed any holiday weight gain.

Well done, Jojo. Remember, it is a holiday and a planned break from fasting. Thanks, Samm, for this info. This is a long term WOL. You don’t have to weigh for a week. Cheers, Bay 🙂 your pal from Downunder. 🙂 or Right side up.

Weigh to go, SAMM. Great loss. 🙂 B

Hi Amazon and Ply, beautiful sunny day here. 19 C and that lovely soak it up feel. 🙂 Bay

Happy travels Jojo.
    Hey Bay, it’s 18 here and I’m back in a jumper!! It had better warm up for the holiday weekend 🙁
    Keep up the great successes fast trackers. P

Currently a balmy 26C here … finally getting some warmth 🙂 but must admit it was very cool/cold this morning.

Safe travels Jojo and I’m sure you’ll soon be back on track with your new WOL 😀

Hi Bay, Amazon, Ply, Rouge, SAMM, Smiffy, Wee, PVE and sorry if I’ve missed anyone else, I just have that feeling that I’ve missed someone and can’t recall atm who it is (or who they are as the case may be) so sorry again if I have mentioned you by name 🙂

I thought it was the Heath bars Amazon, or am I mixing up posters again??

No, it was me, I misunderstood your earlier post :dunce:

@amazon, it’s probably more that your post was several days ago. I can’t keep up with the fast & furious pace around here!

Good morning everyone from a wet and windy morning in bonnie Scotland .

I am happy that it isn’t just me who are forgetting things lol .

Hubby and I have a day off together today on our own . We were going to have a day in relaxing . The young couple who have bought the house next door are in doing some work and lots of noise going on ( not complaining about that as it has to happen) . So we are going for a wee drive . I am quite happy to do that as today is now a fasting day .

Going to go to Dunfermline about 22 miles away .catch up with you all later .

Jojo I hope you have a good journey home pal .

Wee xx

Sounds like a lovely day ahead for you, Weemam.. Enjoy!

Just baked apple pie biscuits before work. Naughty, but I will give them all away!

Sound yum ply. What are they? P

Just been out for lunch with the girls. It was lovely to catch up with everyone but my lunch was disappointing which is a shame.
    I had chicken wings with a spicy dip for starter and it was very good, but the fish and chips was poor. The fish was mostly batter and overcooked and the chips were soggy.
    The good thing is that I left all of the batter after the first mouthful and half of the chips and I’ve not eaten anything else today. Every cloud has a silver lining 🙂

Everyone else enjoyed their lunch, so I’ll opt for something else next time.

It is a lovely day here, very hot in the sunshine for this time of year.

Hi Smiffy, Purple, bay, Nicky, Aussie Oma, ply, Happy, Cheeseplease,wee, SAMM(and as they say on some radio request shows, anyone else who knows me).

Thank you all for your understanding. I’m pretty sure there are on the forum a few members of the ‘pull yourself together, woman!’ persuasion but I’m happy to say none of them post on this lovely, matey thread.

The wordcount problem was solved, thanks for asking. Having failed to get a peep out of our less than efficient departmental admin lady, I called a colleague of hers who administered the earlier pre-MA conversion course and has got me out of a few scrapes in the past – including wading into Registry when they lost my degree and my post-grad teaching certificate and getting them to pay for replacements. She assured me the wordcount issue happens all the time and she would make sure it was marked somewhere on the dissertation.

Nicky, thanks for the idea re bibliography. My usual method has been whenever a biblio-reference appears as a footnote in the main text, to copy it into a bibliography which I’ve created on day 1. This time I didn’t and was faced with a mega-bib on the last day. For the Glasgow book, I already have the bibliography from the research project report and as it’s going to be for general readers I don’t think I’ll be adding too much more. However, I’ve cut and pasted your suggesting into my Glasgow file.

Mood-wise, things got worse before they got better. A contretemps with the bank which later proved not to be my fault at all sent me over the edge and I went into full effing and blinding and screaming mode with words such as ‘why don’t you go and live with your expletive-deleted mother’ (me to him, and ‘why don’t you go and sign yourself into the loony bin?’ (him to me). As I’ve said before, on a bad day I make Osama Bin Laden, Assad and all the other bad guys look like Mother Teresa.

All patched up. Prezzie on its way to my long-suffering OH. After another good night’s kip and a good cut and blow-dry by my lovely hairdresser, after which I no longer look like a bag lady, have improved matters no end.

With all the hassle of the dissertation etc., I failed to notice I’ve been on a plateau for 2 months. OK I’m stuck at 5-6 kilos less than the last one, all five months of it, but a plateau is a plateau. Shamefully, I didn’t step out of the front door for 10 days. Thankfully our flat is split between three levels so a fair bit of running up and down stairs happens all the time. However, from here on in, I’ll get walking again.

As I’ve already cut back considerably on carbs, which is what broke the last plateau, I’ve decided to stop eating at midday on fast and non-fast days for a month or so, and just keep going on tea wih semi-skimmed until the evening, something I find quite easy. I can’t face breakfast and I’m never really hungry until evening.

Right, I’m off to prepare Lovtcook’s light moussaka recipe. Where did that lovely lady go, by the way?

Love to you all, from a fast-recovering Hermaj. 🙂

Woop Woop its the weekend and a top of 31 deg bring it on i say
    and down 1.1kg for this week now 92.6 from 96 kg….living the dream 🙂
    WE LOVE LIFE
    Peace RT

Go RT!
    Have a fabulous long weekend! P 🙂

Good morning fellow fast-ers, Jojo, PVE, Hermaj, Ply, Smiffy, Amazon, SAMM, Rouge (RT), Wee, Bay, Nicky and anyone else who I haven’t mentioned by name 🙂

Great going RT, hope all of us here who have a long weekend have a great one 🙂

Hermaj understand where you’re coming from re the contretemps issue – calls to Telstra generally put me over the edge (in recent times I’ve only had one call that was less than 2 hours and some calls have been 4 to 5 hours a day over several days before being resolved).

Also Hermaj at least you stayed on a plateau and did not put on 🙂

Amazon sorry you weren’t able to enjoy your lunch but as you said there was that silver lining PLUS you got to have a lovely catch up with your friends which was the best part I’m sure 🙂

Hope your day was awesome too Wee and that you are now home and dry 🙂

Ply those biscuits sound like they’re probably extremely yummy 😆

Hoping Jojo has had or is having a safe journey home.

I was not able to get online last night after dinner as things went haywire then I was so tired I went to bed.

Hi Hermaj,

Glad to hear equilibrium is returning!

I always had a tendency towards chest infections once the exams were over/ dissertations handed in. Amazing really how the body keeps going to support your brain and then crashes completely!

@PVE, I think you would call them more of a scone, slightly sweet buttery dough with apples cooked with sugar and cinnamon within. I think biscuits means something like cookies to you all…but aren’t you the one who hates the word cookies? 🙂

@happy Now, I know what you mean! I always get sick once school vacation comes!

@Hermaj, wow, you have certainly run through the emotional gamut! I am pretty upfront with my emotions a well, but always have Rosie’s (my mom’s) voice in the back of my mind saying “Be careful what you say when you’re angry, you can’t take it back.” Probably has tempered my passionate responses on occasion, at least with family, but she has always been a bit horrified at my speaking up and out.
    Glad the word count issue is worked out. My Girls on the Run girls would tell you to stop the negative thoughts and negative self-talk. Plug in your positive cord and let the good feelings flow through your brain and body! Good news will arrive in a November!

Hi hermaj 🙂
    So glad you used the bank man as your release valve!! Enjoy the moussaka. .I too wonder where dear Luvt is.

Ply you are correct. I call all baked flat things biscuits (sweet or savory). Your apple scones sound yummy. OH loves anything with apple and extraordinary quantities of cinnamon!

Making my second sourdough loaf today.
    Cheers all P

Hi ply,

I know exactly what you mean about falling sick when the school holidays came. I very soon learned never, ever to make any arrangments for the first few days of the holiday.

I’m pleased to say I’m definitely on the mend, but I still have problems stringing a sentence together. And I think I’ve got to a stage where your Girls on the Run would probably not need to nudge me to get my positive ducks in a row.

I guess I’m one of those people to whom tiredness – and that’s what it is (I can almost say ‘was’) can be disastrous. When I think back to all the less than great moments in my life, almost always they have been based on exhaustion and usually sleep deprivation, too. I felt the same after finishing my first degree. I didn’t get into any squabbles as I unplugged the phone so no one could reach me.

I even failed to enjoy my wedding day. Having just finished a huge project that had completely derailed since the clients hadn’t a clue what they were doing and everything overran. It affected not only me but also the other three co-translators, copy editors and various others involved in the project. I was tired beyond belief.

To make things worse I was on steroids for polymyalgia rheumatica, which had long since cleared up but the doc kept me on beastly things them for well over two years and they also made me feel rather ill – I’ve since learned NOT always to obey doc’s orders. I had a big moon face and little piggy eyes and I’d put on a huge amount of weight in a relatively short time. I felt as dreadful as I looked and deleted all the wedding photos. Fortunately it was just us and two witnesses. We also had a screaming match a day or so later.

So the morale to the story is, quietly give in to the exhaustion, relax and perhaps, metaphorically at least, take the phone off the hook.

ply, I forgot to add. My own mother wasn’t in a position to give me the same advice as yours did. Where do you think I got my temper from? My dad was no better. I guess it’s in the genes – on both sides.

You’re up late Hermaj – can’t sleep?

Good morning lovely fast trackers: need to keep up my end – don’t look for a day and so many posts…

Ply, apple and cinnamon scones sound delicious – can you please put up the recipe?

Safe travels home Jojo, buffets are sooo hard but soon back to normal. Hope you’re feeling beautifully long and lean after all the yoga.

Weeman, it’s good to get out on a ‘date’, can slip by with so many family responsibilities. The only thing about Dunfermline I know is ‘The king sits in Dunfermline town, drinking the blood-red wine …’. Why can’t I remember where I put my keys yesterday when I can remember that from 45 years ago? 😉

Happy and Amazon, I too used to get sick after busy/stressful periods at work. This part-time work/semi-retirement balance is perfect for me, especially my health. Also suspect that as I have aged I’m able to manage stress a bit better than when I was younger.

Purple, Bay, Rouge Trader and Aussie Oma, fellow Aussies, enjoy the lovely warm long weekend and congratulations on the losses.

RT, sorry to hear your wife is having thermostat problems – such a pest. Well done on your MWF discipline – the scales should reward you big time, especially as you have recently embarked on this WOL.

AO, plateaux are annoying but, as you have noted, good results can show up in other ways. Well done.

SAMM, well done yet again on the loss, you really have the system nailed. Thanks for the poetry and your helpful links.

Smiffy, good to hear from you. How do you manage your life with two homes separated by some distance? I’d be forever losing stuff, or leaving it ‘there’ when I needed it ‘here’.

Purple, as you say, I wonder where LUVT is hiding. Such fabulous recipes, several of which have entered my 4-weekly menu rotation.

Please forgive me if I’ve missed anyone out. You are all so inspirational and definitely keep me focussed on FDs. N

Viewing 50 posts - 2,351 through 2,400 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.