Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,251 through 2,300 (of 16,657 total)

• Thanks for the inspiring post Ply
    All power to your son. Totally right. No excuses. Cheers P 🙂

Hi Wee, I too, with many things, make in batches and freeze for later in portions, I’ve also put them in MFP.

Well the roast went well last night … maybe one or two too many roast potatoes but counterbalanced with much more other veggies and a little roast meat (I bought a small, to us, leg of lamb, boned, and cut it in half when home, froze one half used the other half last night, usually this would be enough for one meal for the two of us, but now there’s enough left for another meal tonight). I also made 1/3 the amount of potatoes as usual but 3 times the amount of other veggies.

Hi soqueen14 hope you enjoy your journey with us.

Ply that’s great re your son (not that he’s unable to use his legs though) and although not up to his abilities I do what I can as I need to not injure myself, so have to adjust the amount of exercise I do each week so that I’m gradually increasing it (just with what I’m doing now, and it’s not that much, I’m having to be careful because of joint pressures) but I must say that I AM moving more than before so that’s always a positive.

Fast day for me today, also first Monday of work since mid January so a bit of a shock to the system, 😆 … not really as I’m usually up by now anyway 😆

Have a fun Monday everyone 😀

AO

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

his is link to an intresting subject aboutweightgeneral. No mattter which diet, and when to take a break.
    While its not very insperational to me. It does strike a cord with me . As ive adapted to diabetes and fasting wieght loss. Its about 1500 words. So its not a novel and I believe worthy of the five minutes to read carefully to gain the insights of other long term dieters.
    Best wishes…

three more ADF to go by next saturday. 🙂

Thanks SAMM I will read it right now before I go to bed as it is midnight her right now .

Wee xx

Rest your wee head mam. Good night!

SAMM I am very much gob smacked that as part of your job you clock up 30000 steps a day wow this is amazing..ADF with that sort of job is commitment to the WOL your a credit to you and inspiration to the rest of us..Do you have any views on the 80-20 concept that is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition??
    And using normal of BMI 18.50 to 24.99 for my height of 180cm is big margin 59.94kg to 80.97kg so i am shooting for 80kg
    Ok all power to the cause people..
    Peace

Hi fast trackers.

nearing the end of my Monday fast and prawns and salad waiting for dinner. Went to yoga at lunchtime, a great way to take my mind off food when near my office are lots of yummy lunch smells. Unfortunately a very loud tummy rumble happened during Warrior II.

My shopping trip was pretty good, very quiet as most people were at home watching the football grand final. Could only find one top because the fashion of wide necklines doesn’t go well with sports bras, which I wear all the time to stop the straps slipping off. What I did find was lovely, a pale yellow Sportscraft T-shirt – the colour suits me once I get a bit tanned but looks awful with my winter face. Computer kept in ‘hospital’ for a tech to look at today. Will collect tomorrow.

Ply, all power to your son. Climbing has always appealed but am reluctant to try because of looking like a podgy gran. I should be braver!

Keep up the good work all.

Morning all.

I went on holiday to Madagascar, and we went on a trip walk to the the Tsingy.
    http://static.neatorama.com/images/2009-11/tsingy-malagasy.jpg
    When we arrived the tour leader informed us that we just needed to put on our safety harnesses and we could begin our “walk” which included rock climbing that no-one had mentioned!
    It was a tremendous experience, but I don’t think I would do it again.
    ply, well done to your son, I’m sure he’ll get a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction out of wall climbing, and it is great exercise.

Fast day today, not really in the mood for it but I’ll see how it goes and if it is too difficult I’ll give in gracefully.

Have a good day everyone.

Hello fellow fasters well fast day for me went out the window today. When I got in to work I found an invitation to a welcome lunch for me, there was no way I could refuse and I had the least caloric choice available and didn’t eat all of it but still clocked up over 500 calories. Soooo, tomorrow is another day and I will fast tomorrow and Thursday this week.

Nicky sorry you couldn’t find many things to buy (I always look very sick when wearing yellow but always find it such a bright colour so lucky you that you can wear it 😀 )

Will check out that link in a minute SAMM, sounds interesting from what you’ve put.

Oh wow Amazon that must have been absolutely AMAZING as well as challenging. I read all these wonderful stories (yours, Ply’s, Jojo’s etc) and think what can I do and what will my body (at this moment in time) allow me to do without injury.

One thing I’ve noticed recently and yesterday with the high winds, dust and pollens around, that I’m not having issues with hayfever as I normally do … I’m not putting it down solely to this WOL but do believe it’s having a major influence on my system as normally I’d be unable to go outside or stop eyes from streaming, nose from running, sneezing, blotchy skin etc but yesterday NOT A SIGN OF IT!!!! It was only AFTER the fact that I realised as I called one of my sons and he was debilitated by hayfever at the time and normally I was worse than him.

Morning all,
    Off to Cadiz today, need to get out of this tourist jungle. It’s thinning out a bit after the weekend but also closing some of its facilities, bloody cheek. Most of the tourist are Spanish, then English, then German, not much else represented.

I did not realise the Spanish were so made for Bingo and Darts, the place erupts when these activities are on offer, how strange. The western diet has also taken the Spanish by storm, I have never seen so many over weight children in one place, it is very sad.

Welcome so queen14, please tell us some more of your diet journey.

Ply – your son is an inspiration I feel very guilty about my lie in this morning now, I skipped early morning yoga because I thought I deserved it. Actually after what I ate last night I should have done a run around the complex. I must try harder.

Missing you all

Love and best

Jojo xx

I agree AO. I have not had hay fever, sinus issues or the ‘flu. I believe it is related to this wol.
    Jojo good to hear you’re enjoying Spain. Obesity seems to be a frightening problem everywhere in developed economies 🙁 P

I wasn’t particularly fit at the time and certainly weighed a lot more, but as we had got up at 5am and driven for an hour to get there I wasn’t going to turn round and go back to the hotel. I am not claustrophobic as I going in an elevator, or through a road tunnel etc doesn’t bother me, but I can’t do caves, and I could never go pot holing 😮 I was forced to overcome my fears as the route our walk to the Tsingy took meant that at one point we had to take off our packs and pass them through, then wriggle on our backs under a huge sheet of rock that was inches from our faces. I don’t know how, but I did it! The climb was hard work but we all felt so pleased with ourselves when we reached the top, and the views were stunning. The way back to the bus was via a gorge full of amazing plant and animal life which included a troupe of lemurs jumping from side to side across the gorge seemingly clinging onto the vertical rock face. We were all absolutely worn out by the time we got back, but it was a great day which ended with lots of beers being sunk and a nice dinner 😆

@ rough trader

hydration is the key. And it took me many months to attempt even my first fast on work day.

but I kept trying to figure it out eithout spiking.
    beans! Both carb and protein , and anti oxidant power house.

I addup whole week of bmr
    and aim for 2 lbs of weoght loss.
    1 1/4 from diet and 3/4 from exercise.

LOL, Nicky! There are always interesting noises during yoga and Pilates at my gym!
    How nice to be welcomed at your new job, AussieOma! I hope the work is fulfilling for you.
    Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Good morning all . A dull dreich day here today .

I am not good at remembering names BUT I do read all of the posts as I am always inspired by them .
    Ply well done your son . having a disabled son myself I know how proud you must have felt . Great for him too , What an achievement :).

SAMM that was a brilliant link . I will read it again later today.
    I am off to take dad out again later . We have problems getting him out and showered some days BUT when he is up he is amazing .

Another funny story about him . Part of his Alzheimers is hoarding things . He goes into the sluice and helps himself to the doctors style rubber gloves . he fills the drawers with them . He even keeps his money in one with the coins in the fingers lol . We take him to a M&S factory outlet we have been going there for some time now and the staff know us well . He wanted to try on a shirt I said was too small . He asked for a tape measure to check . The girl asked him to take the handkerchief out of his breast pocket so she got measure his chest . he went into the pocket and came out with Rubber gloves lol .
    the assistant just laughed with him . I joked he was first aid man in the care home :). he is just so much fun .
    excuse the french ( as we say ) but I jokingly call him silly auld bugger 🙂 he always says less of the auld and laughs ( he is 96 ) . This is one of the things we say over and over lol . It is done with lots of affection.

I am happy for you that you got such a nice welcome Aussie

Amazon I was getting worked up just thinking about the tight spaces , I faint if shut in a cupboard . Happened more than twice 🙁

Love this thread as we are all so friendly and helpful .

Have a great day all and be good 🙂

Wee xx

Thank you all for your kind words re my welcome at work. Yes Ply the work will be fulfilling and full on and often challenging. Today I assisted with orientation and induction for 10 or so new employees with all the paperwork and talking etc that this involves, particularly as all but two were from non-English speaking backgrounds and a couple of them struggled a bit. I also organised information for a meeting tomorrow, will be involved in interviews and selection processes for more crop workers later this week and then the orientation/induction either at the end of the week or early next week. Today I also arranged some courses for some of the staff and got the humdrum filing organised and will file on Wednesday as I’m doing something else tomorrow. Tuesdays I’m assisting the Safety Manager to update the incident files and put them into electronic format plus get him back on track with things as he’s had no assistance with anything for several months and is way behind in a number of areas.

SAMM that article was full of things to ponder. Will need to re-read another day.

Wee that’s awful being shut in a cupboard I can’t imagine anyone doing that to you. Also had a quiet (but nice) chuckle re the rubber gloves 😆

OMGoodness Jojo, really? Darts and Bingo … how strange 😀

PVE thank goodness I’m not imagining it re hayfever etc, I thought maybe it was me being silly as I’ve only been doing this a very, VERY short time.

Amazon – WOW WOW WOW what an INCREDIBLE experience (albeit very difficult/strenuous to do) and to see the flora and fauna in it’s native state would have been phenomenal 😀

Hi to all the other fast trackers and hoping you’re all experiencing wonderful results or outcomes with this WOL 😀

YIPEE!!!!! down another pound 25 pounds down and now under the next stone . I feel great GREAT!!! lol :).

You get the message? I am happy lol :).

Aussie it was actually a walk in fridge we had in a grocers shop I worked in . They closed the door on me for fun ( they thought) but they got a fright when they opened the door and I was on the floor .
    I can’t stand enclosed spaces .

Dad was up and we had fun . He was always such a gentleman but the Alzheimer’s is now affecting him more and he can slip wee packets of sweets in his pocket . We just wait until we are at the checkout and ask him if he has anything that needs paid for . poor soul always looks so surprised when he finds anything as he has forgot he put it there . So we watch him really carefully going round the shops .
    One day he helped himself to a single sweet in the pick and mix container so we had to be more careful. Sooo the next time he picked one out my hubby ( who is brilliant with dad) leant over his shoulder and said ” you will have to pay for that,is that OK? . ” I don’t really want it anyway..and put it back ” I know I really shouldn’t have laughed but I had to go up the next isle as I was almost hysterical with laughter .

I just love that old man sooo much 🙂 .

have a great day everyone but be good

Wee xx

Evening all.

Weemam, I love reading about the time you spend with your Dad. It is great that despite his illness and great age you can still have some fun with him.

I’ve got through my fast day with ease despite earlier reservations. I’ve been so busy I’ve not had time to think about it. I had paella from the freezer and a salad and am feeling very full so I won’t have to go to bed at 8pm tonight 😆

Going for B2B fasts again as I’m meeting a friend on Wednesday for a walk in Richmond Park, and we always end up on the terrace of the café drinking tea and eating something.

I hope everyone else who is fasting today has had a good day.

Buenos noches mi amigos,

Very hot here and food far too tasty

Broke alcohol ban today, had sangria and vino it to, slippery slope, help

Avoided ice cream tonight though

Long walk on the beach tomorrow. Cadiz amazing.

Love to all, bests jojo xx

Hiya Jojo .. great news ….enjoy pal .

wee xx

Oh wee how awful for you!

Hi Jojo glad you’re enjoying, you know what you want/need to do so do it 😀 no harm in one or two drinks while on holidays, icecream, for me, would be harder!

Amazon, I will be fasting today too seeing that yesterday my plans were not able to be completed due to lovely people 😆 I’ll see how I go today and decide whether or not to do a b2b.

Wee I also love your stories re your dad, mine passed over 8 years ago now, he had dementia so I find your stories very amusing and uplifting.

Well it’s another beautiful, yet cool day today, only meant to be getting to 21C still the sky’s clear and the sun is shining so that’s always a plus 😀

I double checked calories for yesterday as I tried to pull them in after lunch but with dinner I had a total of 759 so perhaps put this down to a semi-fast day after all.

Hi AO
    If you had a window of fasting during the day and then ate moderately, I find that is ok occasionally. No need to fret about it.

Wee, my mum used to claim she had done all the paintings in her nursing home (eg the Pissaro). She said it with such a twinkle in her eye and pride it was tempting to believe her.
    My f-i-l also had dementia. He used to walk up to the local car dealers and convince them to take him for a test drive. When he told them he’d have to ask his father, they became suspicious…he was 90 at the time!
    I’m so glad you enjoy your time with your dad. I would love to talk to mine again. P

Today was a struggle, as it’s 3rd of four fast days at work. Typically I eat at buffet on Sunday’s and get a good filling of vegetables and fruits. However took my daughter and her friends to see my little pony. It was fun. Missed the buffet though so no carb loading.

I started with 350 calories of red beans, and knew I wasnt going to be able to work through the fast. No plan B. So I rounded it out at 900 calories with tuna sandwich and an apple from commissary.
    As I’m not trying for igf1 results . The calorie restriction still made the day an accomplishment of more than 1,000 calorie restriction day. Wednesday is my lightest day at work and I can leave early if I exceed goal by lunchtime. So definitely going to keep on keepin on.

The tuna was surprisingly filling . I read that roman soldiers in the past would go Into battle with tuna in their bellies. Since I already eat catfish, I’m going start trying the tuna& bean salad at 400 calories on fast days that I work, but didnt load on carbs the day before.

On another note. After reading the link I posted yester day about taking planned breaks.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/
    I’m thinking I will go on break from fasting from Thanksgiving to January 2nd . Not entirely though. I still want fast starting last meal from lunch time 5am friday. , eat dinner Friday 500 cals, Saturday noon 300/ 5pm 300. Then break the fast Sunday morning when I wake so it’s technically a B2B semi fast. Of 1,100 calories over 48 hours. I believe I’ll have fully adjusted to my work load and schedule if I can end my work week with a b2b fast every week. For a total of 12 fast days a month, but also two 5 day stretches to focus on strength training and HIIT. I’m chuffed believing in my personal plan!
    Basically I’m going take a break from my full weight loss plan By practicing my maintenance plan when I reach goal hopefully next September 2015. Which is CRAN B2B.

Hi Samm

Thanks for the post on programming in a controlled break from dieting. I found it very interesting. When I look on the Fast Tracker history of my weight loss, I see that I accidentally programmed in a controlled few weeks off diet at regular intervals.

Began on 5:2 fast diet on 25 January. Lost 11 kgs through till May.
    5 May Went on 3 week trip to China. No fasting, but kept processed foodstuffs to a minimum.
    27 May. Back on to 5:2. Lost 5 kgs through till August.
    9 August. Then away for nearly 5 weeks and did not fast. Gained a few kilos.
    11 September. Back on 5:2 and lost the holiday weight and more. Now have lost total of 17.5 kgs.

Great to have the theory. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Yes
    I like to try and get insights from many angles of weight loss and share short reads that aare not too
    technical.

Here’s another quick read link. If it appeals to you? I invite you to click the link.

http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_diet_cancer_prevention.htm

What you need to know about cancer and diet
    Not all health problems are avoidable, but you have more control over your health than you may think. Research shows that a large percentage of cancer-related deaths—maybe even the majority—are directly linked to lifestyle choices such as smoking, drinking, a lack of exercise, and an unhealthy diet. Avoiding cigarettes, limiting alcohol, and getting regular exercise are a great start to an anti-cancer lifestyle. But to best support your health, you also need to look at your eating habits.

What you eat—and don’t eat—has a powerful effect on your health, including your risk of cancer. Without knowing it, you may be eating many foods that fuel cancer, while neglecting the powerful foods and nutrients that can protect you. If you change your diet and behaviors, you can minimize your risk of disease and possibly even stop cancer in its tracks.

Cancer prevention diet tip #1: Focus on plant-based foods

——–
    I try to put this to use on my feed days.

I try to include at least one of these everyday and aim to put a little of the proven foods in every meal.

(NaturalNews) In order to defeat cancer and ensure there is no recurrence, the body must be brought into balance and the immune system rebuilt and fine tuned. So how is this feat accomplished? Detox, detox, detox and achieve a slightly alkaline pH, while filling the body with the best, organic, nutritionally dense food available. Your goal is to rebuild a killer immune system as you bathe every non-cancerous cell in your body with nutrition.

For specific foods known to eliminate cancer, check out the following list:

Omega 3

Oily fish, fish oil, flax seed oil, hemp oil, and healthy oil blend supplements provide omega 3 fatty acids (and other beneficial fatty acids), which fight inflammation and make the body less hospitable to cancer cells. Vitamin D is also known to kill cancer, and you can find many fish oils and some vegan oil blends with vitamin D in them.

Cruciferous Vegetables

Cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, watercress, kale, collard greens, cauliflower, bok choy, turnips, rutabagas, radishes, arugula, and more. These vegetables contain sulforaphane and other helpful compounds, which help fight tumors, breast, prostate, brain, and colorectal cancers, as well as leukemia. Broccoli sprouts and mature broccoli in combination really pack nutritional, cancer fighting punch.

Berries

Black raspberries appear to reign supreme, though all berries contain cancer fighting phytonutrients and high amounts of ellagic acid, which inhibit tumor growth.

Maitake and Shiitake Mushrooms

Google maitake mushrooms and cancer and the American Cancer Society pops up at the top of the search list. For one brief moment it seemed they might actually be doing their job, but no. They claim there have been no studies to show that maitake or any other mushroom help fight cancer. Continue your search and study after study reveals they do indeed.

Mushrooms boost immune function and are a great source of antioxidants. They are also rich in vitamins C and B vitamins as well as calcium and other minerals.

Tumeric

Curcumin, found in turmeric, inhibits the spread of cancer (metastases) along with its anti-inflammatory and oxidative effects. Tumeric can be found at farmer’s markets in root form. It can be used liberally to spice your food (great on salads or in salad dressing as well as in cooked dishes) with no side effects.

Tomatoes

The active compounds found in tomatoes, carotenoids and lycopene (especially lycopene), are very helpful, especially in the fight of prostate and pancreatic cancer in men. Seven to ten helpings are week are suggested, both cooked and raw juice. To gain the health benefits of juice, make your own. Store bought tomato juice will be pasteurized. Lycopene is a strong antioxidant.

Folate

Egg yolks, avocadoes, apricots, green leafy vegetables, and pumpkin are among the foods rich in folate. For meat eaters, chicken livers are very high in folate. Studies involving folate or its synthetic form, folic acid, show a significant reduced risk of colorectal cancer. Folate or folic acid ?is essential for the body to correctly replicate DNA.

Garlic

Even the National Cancer Institute admits garlic “…may reduce the risk of developing several types of?cancer, especially cancers of the?gastrointestinal tract”.
    Garlic reduces inflammation, fights free radicals, and fights cancer. Eat it raw or chop it up and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before cooking with it or its beneficial compound, allicin, will not be released.

Grapes

The compound found in red grapes, resveratrol, is a powerful antioxidant that also saves cells from oxidant-caused death. Grape seeds have huge benefits. We recommend you don’t eat grapes without seeds.

Conclusion

An alkaline, balanced diet with plenty of nutrition, and as few toxins as possible, makes the body inhospitable to cancer. Sugar feeds cancer. Processed and refined foods feed cancer. Raw, organic vegetables, especially when grown for maximum nutrient content (as opposed to large scale farming) should be the foundation of any healthy diet. We also recommend that anyone with cancer undergo a full body detox with a supplement regimen specifically designed for your current state of health

————
    I try to simplify this by putting into two groups.
    High calorie and low calorie.
    Low calorie cancer fighting foods on fast days

And high calorie cancer fighter as snacks, tomato, grapes , and berries on feed days.
    As opposed to choco crunch bars.

Extremely interesting !
    Dark chocolate also has resveritol . I put in my oatmeal. Not processed dark chocolate bars, but the dark chocolate baking powder, sweeten with Stevia to improve it’s ph score. It’s my first goto carb for work days feed days. Plus the oatmeal trickles sugars so i know i dont need more carbs unless A test Strip Indicates i need moresugars.
    BTW The bakers dark chocolate is very low calorie high in flavor.

It’s like not missing the flavors of life, but then dieting the next day on beans and fish.

Good morning fast trackers

OA, how kind to be welcomed on your first day with a lunch. They sound like a great mob. As Purple says, the calorie count doesn’t sound disastrous. Don’t beat yourself up, there’s always Thursday. Hadn’t thought about hay fever until you mentioned it but I haven’t had one sneezy day this spring and it used to be awful, especially on hot windy days like last Sunday. Yet another anecdotal benefit of IF?

Next Monday is a public holiday in South Australia for what used to be called ‘8 hours day’, aka Labour Day, so just planning to fast properly on Tuesday and try to be moderate on Monday.

SAMM, you are amazing! Such an inspiration with your rational, well thought out strategies.

Bay, I had a look at my Tracker and have found similar occasional breaks.

Had fantastic MW prawns in 1/4tst of lemon-flavoured fish oil for dinner with salad last night – 6 prawns with oil less than 100C, total 350C for the day. Mushroom and spring onion omelette with salad on tonight’s menu.

This morning it was cool and breezy as I walked to work from the car (about 1km) but the sun was shining and the air filled with spring scents. Simple pleasures!

Happy Tuesday all whether FD or non.

Think of the very rudest expression in your vocabulary that means ‘exhausted’ and that’s me! The dissertation is done, dusted and delivered and having gone flat out for the last four or five days – I think I was right to think of it as ‘a marathon for the mind’ – I’m knackered but too hyped up to sleep.

There were a few last-minute traumas – like suddenly discovering that for an MA dissertation they require TWO hard copies instead of the usual one for other assignments. And I never realised how long it can take to put together a bibliography, plus in my case a filmography. It all looked very nice and professional comb-bound with a lovely bright red backing.

Once again thank you all for cheering me on. I thought of all you Aussies when I came across an extremely interesting journal article by a film studies prof at the University of Adelaide which I was able to put to very good use.

Ply, have the fall colours reached you yet in Boston? I know they travel southwards and when we were in your lovely city fraternising with the squirrels exactly at this time, the trees were still green but more and more colours emerged as we drove northwards. I just love New England! And well done your brave and clever son. What a star!

jojo, it sounds as though you are having a great time in Cadiz. I think you can allow yourself to be a little bit naughty while on holiday, especially as you know you can get back on track once you get home. I’m not 100% sure I can face a fast day tomorrow – sorry, later on today – but I’m pleased to say I’ve been fairly virtuous while under pressure and managing not to stuff my face with evil things.

Wee, I love the stories about your dad who sounds like quite a character, as does yours, Purple, having to ask his dad for permission to take a test drive – at 90+. It must be brilliant to have memories of him that can still make you smile.

Finally, regarding all the politically-incorrect remarks about sheep and their alleged erotic appeal for certain communities. I must confess I giggle every time I hear male voices repeatedly singing the line from Handel’s Messiah proclaiming ‘We like sheep’… 🙂

SAMM, you are doing a wonderful job keeping us all informed about health-giving foods. It’s great that so many of the nutritional ‘good guys’ are also delicious – I especially love most cruciferous veggies, berries and foods containing folates. Avocados I could happily live on but I’ll pass on the chicken liver. I tried to make chicken liver pate once, and even the cat wouldn’t touch it. 🙁

I seem to have read that in the case of tomatoes, the lycopene content is higher and/or more intense when the toms have been canned or processed into puree or ketchup, rather than in raw ones.

Top work hermaj! !! (Cheering crowd, champagne popping, fireworks lighting the sky)
    How long until it is assessed? In the mean time do something crazy!
    Yes. Always get a giggle out of that line in The Messiah 😉

It was my dad in law that was the famous absconder. My dad died too young in his early 70s from cancer. The main reason I need to control my health! He was always thin, but smoked and was exposed to agricultural sprays as a boy. One of ny sons and grandson have his sense of humour. A lovely connection.
    Cheers P

Such good work Hermaj. By my reckoning with a day up your sleeve?

Now you’re out of gaol, go and live it up for a few days.

When I was ‘thesisertating’ I kept myself sane with a file called WIFMyT, in which I put anything I wanted to do ‘when I finished my thesis’. I did some of them but mostly I caught up on neglected household activities like ironing, tidying papers (it took me about a week of solid tidying to return the study to rights after months of having to hop over piles of papers sorted into categories). Even cleaning felt good because the guilt over neglecting the writing was gone.

Unfortunately too late now for your dissertation but did you know that there are lots of software programs devoted to bibliographies? e.g. MS has OneNote which is very easy to use and linked to MS Word so your refs are generated in appropriate format at almost the push of a button. May still be useful for your proposed work on Glasgow tenements, assuming you want to include references.

Anyway, congratulations for staying the course. Giving up anything is easy but grinding it out is so much more satisfying in the end. N

Yes
    Hermaj. Well done , so glad you can follow your own interests for a while!

I can’t remember whom asked me about the 2 lbs formula, but I’m very groggy just now .

Basically it this. For me personally.
    I have to count calories or it’s out the window.

My BMR is 2000 x7 days = 14,000 calories

4:3
    3 fast days only 600 calories 1,800
    4 feed days 1,500 = 6,000
    12 jump rope sessions of ten minutes -2,000. 4 after dinners, 4 after lunches, 4 after FEED breakfasts

So it’s just approx 8,200 calorie restriction. This allows for missed sessions and accidental snaking or poor estimates of counting calories.

Gosh you’re organised Nicky. I retired 5 years ago and still have cupboards and desk full of work stuff. Far too busy for housework!
    Just bought a dress for a special dinner this week…tight, straight down and just on the knee. I bought a 10. In another brand 10 was too big and yhey had no 8s! Amazing. P 🙂

Bayleafoz your story is truely wonderous wow wow from 25/1/2014 to now a 17.5kg loss that is outstanding!!! this is week 2 for me and Im onboard the ADF stratergy and although it is very early days i must say but my body seems to respond particularly well to this option..And touch wood i seem to cope with this WOL well….
    May the Force be with us
    Peace….

Wow, wow, wow! Hermaj! Well done, more fireworks, great cheers from all over the planet. Fantastic you finished the thesis. Have a ball for a few days. 🙂 enjoy life and kick up your heels, dance a wild dance! And sleep the sleep of the justly earned. Bay 🙂

Thanks, Rouge Trader.

Ply, that’s a very inspiring story of your son. A real example to us all to be out and about and active, no matter what the situation. B 🙂

Go Jojo, life is meant to be enjoyed. You know how to lose any extra you gain. Time enough when you get home again. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Morning all.

12lbs in seven weeks! Not quite 2lbs per week but I find my weight drops 3 or 4lbs over a few days and then doesn’t move for a while with this eating plan, so no panic.
    I visited my brother on Sunday, he noticed my recent weight loss, as did my Sil, her sister and my niece, who all commented which made me feel great.

jojo, don’t worry about what you eat and drink, enjoy your holiday. You know that you’ll lose weight again as soon as you get home. And take note of SAMM’s link regarding breaks from fasting.

Which makes me think about last year. Like bay, I accidentally took some breaks.
    I started on 24th April, took a break for a week in June when I went to Barcelona and didn’t gain any weight. Started again immediately until 7th September when I went to South Africa for three weeks. Once again no weight gain. Started again on my return and continued until mid December by which time I had lost 3 stones (42lbs)When I got home in mid February I had gained 10lbs and for various reasons I didn’t get back into the 5:2 and gained another 8lbs between then and August. Started again 11th August and so far I have lost 12lbs.

Looking at SAMM’s list of things he tries to include in his diet, I take a daily dose of Omega 3,6,9 and apart from grapes, almost everything else he mentions are a regular part of my diet because they are all things I enjoy eating. I must be doing well 🙂

Thanks again SAMM for all the information you share with us.

PVE size 10, that is fab. My holy grail is a 12.

hermaj, well done on getting the dissertation done and dusted.
    Time to relax and unwind and then do all the things you’ve not had time for.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Top work Amazon! I too include Samm’s list of foods, except grapes (too sweet for me now). This wol seems to guide you towards smart choices, if you are listening, doesn’t it?

My original aim was 14 dress size. I keep reevaluating. My rear is so tiny now I can wear straight skirts and dresses and quite short. The dress I wore in the heat today used to be a favourite a few years ago. It looks SO dated now. ..flared and long …that I felt quite frumpy. I guess I’d better alter it.

33 deg here so the pool got a good workout! Cheers all P

Thanks PVE. I’m being a bit impatient regarding the weight loss, but the compliments I received from my family reminded me about the fact that losing inches is more important than what the scales say. I only measured my waist when I first started last April (2013) and I did it at the weekend, which amazingly is the first time since then and I’ve lost 25cms off it! No wonder my clothes were falling down 😆
    The jeans I bought last year which were tight at the time, are too big around the waist now and I weigh 6lbs more, so it just goes to show how the body shape can change.

When I was in my 20s and slim, I wore size 12 trousers and skirts, but a size larger tops as I have broad shoulders. Sizings have changed over the years and it will be interesting to see what size fits when I look in the mirror and decide that is where I want to be.

I agree about making smart choices. When I was at my brother’s on Sunday I ate a portion of apple crumble with ice cream, and I found it a bit too sweet. If I had been anywhere else I would have left it, but didn’t feel I could do so as my SiL had made it.

Nicky and PVE I agree, I’m not stressed about yesterday just changed my FD to today instead 😀 so I count yesterday as a semi FD and today a FD. It’s no problem cutting down today (just 2 eggs for lunch as that’s easier to take to work with me). I have taken a jar of Bovril to work and have it in my desk drawer for fast days and other days when I just want/need that “something”. Today was not one of those days.

Love hearing the Dad stories, love hearing about funny things like that 😀 .

SAMM those foods are many which I have always loved (veggie wise). My youngest grandson didn’t like brussel sprouts but loves my baby cabbages 😆 (of course he now knows they’re one and the same but to get him eating them I changed their name).

PVE we’re back to winter now, brrrrrrr, nearly ready to start the fire going again (combustion heater).

So reading all the posts about “breaks from dieting” it seems as though it is something we should perhaps schedule from time to time what do you all think?

Hermaj … WOOOOOO HOOOOOO it’s done and dusted YAY you, what a mammoth effort, yes bibliographies are frustrating to put together at times. I hope you took a photo of the finished product 🙂 .

Rouge I’ve had my 2nd weigh day (but cut half a week off between first and second weighs as I wanted to change my weighing day) so realistically have just finished my 2nd week on this program but already experiencing unexpected changes such as no hayfever!!

Not only do we have a public holiday (bank holiday for those in the UK) this coming Monday but we also get to have daylight savings start this coming Sunday for which I’m thankful … although I know not everyone appreciates it I do as I love the longer evenings after working inside all day 🙂

Last Sunday as part of my meal I decided to have a can of coke … I used to have one every few days but hadn’t touched any for almost 2 weeks … I couldn’t understand why I used to like it, blech! So that’s another very positive change for me so this will also help with my weight loss.

I’ll have to go back over things later and make notes as I keep getting lost to where I’m responding to things.

Hi to Wee, Ply, Jojo, Bay and everyone else in here who I haven’t mentioned by name this time hope you all had/are having a great 5:2 day 🙂

Amazon that’s wonderful … 25 inches off your waist … I can only hope I get there sooner rather than later, that’s FANTASTIC!!! Well done you!

I still like sweet things up to a point but no more coke for me, it tasted really weird and not really pleasant.

Centimetres not inches! 😆

Lol trust me to get it wrong lol 😆

Today, so far, I’ve only eaten 400 cals, I will add some Ryvita and Vegemite later to top up to about 500 cals just too full to eat any more right now.

It is 11.20am here,I ‘ve been up since 7am and I’m not hungry yet. Long may it continue 🙂

Yay Amazon 😀 I hope you can go as long as me today as that makes it easier for later.

I was up at 5:30 this morning and had lunch around 1pm, dinner was around 7:30 tonight and will possibly have a snack later (only if I feel hungry though). It’s just on 8pm now.

I only eat once on a fast day so any time after 4pm is good. I didn’t eat until 6.30pm last night as there was so much going on here, and I’m hoping to do that again today.

Well done, Amazon, losing 25 cms off waist. Wow! I have lost 19 cms off waist and that means 3 clothing sizes down. So lots of trips to donate clothes to charity shops. Can only imagine the clothing you are giving away. Bay 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 2,251 through 2,300 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.