Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,201 through 2,250 (of 16,657 total)

• Trouble is, AO, my boy trusted I wouldn’t muck it up! Silly man. He should know me by now πŸ™‚ Have a good one. P πŸ™‚

LOL PVE have a good one too πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰

Hi Samm
    The gf flour sourdough didn’t rise at all so I rolled it as thin as possible, cut it into small triangles and baked it for 20 mins on fairly high. Varied opinions on the result! OH calls them “pretty chunky”. I think they need a good salsa. I don’t think I’ll do that one again. Good luck with yours. P πŸ™‚

Hope the birthday was filled with joy of favorite things JoJo .

I weighed in on mine, I plan also to make it a return to fasting the day after the birthday every year.
    At least do an evaluation. I’m sort of in platue , dang auto correct dont work when I wann it too. In plateau. I believe strength training to be important for the next 50lbs so I’m fasting ADF half the month and lifting weights again. Also back to skipping for HIIT . I believe the HIIT to be my most important health variable. I mean my waist needs transprmation. But it’s the visceral fat that poses the biggest risk. So was nice to take a day Like my birthday to get refocused on what are the priorities.

This year in addition to past knowledge , I learned to increase my N.E.A.T and HIIT. but also learned about DHA and gluten free to best synergies the diet and exercise effort. I was without my jumprope after a very fatty fry up meal last week. I decided to do jumping jacks . In HIIT Style.

This year is my year to most emphasis on strength training . Year 3 I’m able to do 5 pull ups. At 221 I bet you can see why it’s year 3 to do the 7 compound lifting . Because at 274 I couldnt do even 1 as my weigh decreases the better I am able to some of them. Still crunching my abdominals. Still doing therapy based movements , similar to callanetics I suppose. See I get my first work out while still in bed when I first wake up. Sit-ups and plank. I aim for 100 calories routine. My theroy is metabolism changes from sleep to alert. And best way to do that is intake a bit of food to activate digestive metabolism and exercise. Just little. If I burn 5 lbs more a year just by doing this then …… Why not? And why not do the skipping again on fast days just before sleeping. I’m sleepy and rambling on.
    I hope your candles are bright this year JoJo . Best wishes to you.

Hi fast-tracking mates. Haven’t logged in since Wednesday and now Friday afternoon just after lunch – so many posts!

Firstly Jojo, you have probably already left for your holiday so hope by the time you read this you had/are having fabulous time. Belated happy birthday too.

OA – such god news regarding your employment. I used to be an HPI at TAFE Urrbrae in horticulture but you would know about the budget so haven’t done anything there this year. Botanic Gardens formed a joint venture with TAFE-SA – The Australian Centre for Horticultural Excellence (!). Privately I’m suspicious about anything with ‘excellence’ in the name πŸ˜‰ however, it has attracted many fee-paying students doing the Cert II, III and Diploma in hort and I’ve done quite a bit of teaching this year with them. The down side is that HR haven’t YET, nearly 2 years after it started, worked out how much to pay us all for the ‘higher duties’ that are involved with teaching, over and above our usual lowly classifications. Hope hell doesn’t freeze over before they get it sorted. Might be a nice bonus to buy some new clothes.

Thanks everyone for your cheery and positive contributions – such a pleasure to read about your ‘shrinking’ lives. Nxxx

Morning all.

Fast day went well yesterday but I’ve decided not to make it a second B2B this week. I’ll fast again tomorrow, and think about another B2B on Mon/Tues as we have a family birthday on Sunday. Fortunately I’ll be driving so won’t be able to drink any alcohol which will help limit the calories!

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Has everyone gone to Spain with jojo?

Hi Amazon, no not Spain, I’ve been out all day and evening, had a friend come back and she’s just left and it’s 11pm.

Nope still here in Bonnie Scotland … been out for the day with hubby at a designer outlet . Sterling Mills at Tillicoultry .Now 4:15 PM

Lovely day here . had a fast yesterday and will do another tomorrow . Sitting here enjoying some Scottish Strawberries ..Yummy πŸ™‚

Wee xx

Hi Amazon,

I’m still here but with the deadline for my MA dissertation 3 days away, I’m being very strong minded and keeping schtumm.

Everyone have a good weekend wherever you are πŸ™‚

Greetings from beautiful Bodrum. Long awaited holiday is here at last. Had a really stressful couple of weeks before we flew out yesterday so very happy, So far I’ve slept 13 out of the 24 hrs that we’ve been here so safe to say I was ready for a break. Hope that doesn’t continue or I’ll miss it!
    Making good food choices so far – hubby not much of a drinker and alcohol is very expensive here so hopefully won’t do too much damage. I’ll have a swim couple of times a day and our hotel is on top of the steepest hill I’ve ever seen so calories burning there – honestly I wish I could post a photo of the drive up to the entrance it’s extraordinary – so are the views though:). Best wishes to all

Good morning lovely people … what a glorious morning it is today … heading for a wonderful 28C which means summer is just over the horizon (still expecting unsettled weather for the next week or two but it’s coming … love summer). I think it’s only one more week until daylight savings starts (yay) so longer evenings so more can get done.

Had a lovely dinner out with friends last night, really enjoyed the company as well as the food (brought half the meat part of my main mean home with me and left half the chips but DID have a large chocolate sundae which was yummy!). As this is the only time in a week that I splurge I don’t mind. I just was not able to eat the whole main course if I was going to have my sundae and as I’d not had anything sweet all week I was not going to miss is this week. Next week I’ll revise and see if I will have it or not.

Tartan lass sounds like you really needed to recuperate and have found a beautiful place to do this. Relax, enjoy, unwind … pity re photo’s as I’ve got no idea where Bodrum is but it sounds fantastic.

Hi Amazon, Ply, PVE, Wee, Jojo, hermaj, samm and everyone else in here.

Hi All my first post & the first week on this WOL the stats are I am a 51yo good lookin rooster πŸ˜‰
    weight 96kg of twisted steel and sex appeal @ a 180cm and a BMI of 29.6
    I did the Michael Mosely start up of a 4 day fast from his sbs and youtube docco ended yesterday and my intention is to embrace the alternate fast days of M-W-F.My reflection of this week Monday fine Tuesday terrible/shocking Wednesday and Thursday very doable current wgt today 93.7 cheering !!!
    NickyF I live in the SE of SA how bizarre in a good way πŸ™‚ ok people
    Enjoy what you do and Do what you Enjoy
    RT

Hi RT another South Aussie here but in the countryside/rural area just north of our fair city. Congrats on completing your first week and having a good loss.

NickyF, yes ex-TAFE person here too … now I work just a few mins from home in a horticultural/food producing industry, I will be home 6 mins after leaving work (allowing for traffic, lol) and with the longer evenings will be able to get on with some exercise, gardening, dog training, card making/paper crafting or anything else I want to do.

Hi fast-tracking mates

Welcome RT – 4 days of fasting is really hard core! You’ve obviously got far more resolve than I have.

Hi OA, have always had mixed feelings about daylight savings because I get up early and resent that hour of light that’s ‘stolen’ at the start because suddenly we’re back in the dark at 6am and it was just getting good after the winter. I know, what a whinger! Most people love it.

I used to work at Mt Lofty garden and that’s less than 10 min by car. Then I was promoted, although it came with the downside of being based in the Adelaide Garden, a 20 min drive non-peak hour or 35 mins in peak. That’s partly why I start (and end) early and so miss the traffic both ways. Life’s exciting enough on the SE Freeway without deliberately making it worse.

Going shopping in Adelaide this pm. My new MS SurfacePro is playing up and am taking it back for repair/review plus thought would drift down to DJ’s and see what Sportscraft have on offer. I still have clothes that fit, but would be good to get something new in my new size. I figure that with the football GF on it will be fairly quiet.

Happy Saturday all!

Ooooh NickyF let us know how you go with the new clothes πŸ˜€ … yep reckon with the GF’s on no-one else will be around. I don’t follow the footy (any code) πŸ˜€

Hope you get your surface pro fixed easily … it’s frustrating when things don’t work as they should.

Morning all.

Saturday already. Where does the time go?
    Fast day 4 today. I’ve bought some fresh crab meat and have found a recipe for crab cakes that I can adapt sufficiently to make them FD food. On a bed of salad with a chilli dressing, I think they’ll be fab.

Hola chicas y Chico,
    Mi hoteles es bonito
    Mi amigos es muy traquilo
    Excuse poor Spanish, day one and been doing yoga since. 6.30 am
    Hasta luego
    Besos
    Jojo xx
    Food plentiful, fresh, well cooked

Hi Jojo and Amazon, sounds like you’re both well rested and ready to face the day with lovely fresh foods.

I downloaded the Fast Diet today onto my computer and have read the first chapter. I’ll read the rest over the coming days. So far from what has been read I’m doing it right for me πŸ™‚

Good morning all from a sunny but cool Scotland . I am loving the positive vibes this morning .
    We have new neighbours moving in next door . The just got the keys today and I can hear the wallpaper being scraped off the walls as we speak . I invited them in last week when they were there and they are a young couple ,really nice .
    I am off to see my lovely Dad in about an hour . I hope is is up lol .
    Did a fast on Thursday and I am doing another today . I
    It is easier to fast the days I am a wee bit busier .

I hope you all continue to have a great day .

be good πŸ™‚

Wee xx

G’day Wee πŸ™‚ sounds like you’re having a wonderful time. Wow I don’t think I could fast on a weekend day, too many things to eat (in moderation of course πŸ™‚ ). Have a wonderful day and enjoy your new neighbours and time with your Dad πŸ˜€

When we saw the neighbours first time we saw A guy over 6 feet tall and about the same wide with a big bushy beard and a Mohican style hair cut and a wee girl ( they will both be in their 20’s) . Looks are deceiving though as he is a gentle giant , such a lovely guy .
    I said I was a wee blether( chatterbox) but she said she liked that and she was so relieved we were going to be good neighbours .

It is a worry who is going to move in next door . We are semi-detached. So relieved now we have met them .

Have a good day guys .

Wee xx

They sound lovely Wee, enjoy πŸ™‚

Good morning Fast Trackers!

So glad to hear your trip is as lovely as expected so far, Jojo! When you get back, you must get Ottolenghi’s Plenty cookbook. The introduction sounds as if it was written just for you! I finally had a chance to sit down to read it last night, and I can’t wait to try the recipes.

Welcome, Rouge Trader! Seems your dedication and humor will fit right in on this thread. Good job on the first loss!

Aussie Oma, not sure if I’ve ever said a proper hello, so Hello! You are doing great so far, keep up the good work. Nicer weather makes exercise easier for me, too. Unfortunately, we in the northeast US are headed into fall and winter. This weekend may be summer’s last hurrah, supposed to be quite warm, so I will take full advantage!

Nicky, Bay, and Weemam, new clothes and fitting into old clothes is one of my favorite things! You are wise to keep trying things often Weemam, otherwise you will end up too wee for them and have to discard them without wearing! I have had this happen with many items.

Hermaj, missing your posts, but sending you lots of positive academic energy and encouragement! So proud for you to be achieving your goal!

Amazon, you continue to amaze! You will be in great shape for your holiday!

Tartanlass, good for you for knowing when to stop, even when out with friends.

SAMM, I choose not to follow as strict a plan as you, but I hope all your info works the way you want!

PVE, always a pleasure to read your posts, and a nice incentive to stick with 5:2!

I have been mostly off the plan for a few months, though many days I do 16:8. I have only had a few proper fast days since July. So, I have not lost any more, still 7-10 “vanity pounds” from my goal, but the good news is I have not gained any weight either, other then the normal fluctuations we all experience. So I guess I have been doing maintenance, and it is good! All my skinniest jeans continue to slide right on, and the compliments keep coming. I do plan to buckle down and lose the last few pounds soon. Maybe I will have to talk my husband into a tropical vacation for Christmas as incentive

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Hi Ply, great post!

Hi Hermaj, thinking of you dissertating and wishing you all power in the home stretch.

Nicky, did you find any clothes that suit? I found most of the boutiques in the shopping centre, and the fashion labels in DJs are on sale this week. So satisfying to buy lovely clothes at the sales. I now have a coral jacket and a white one with lots of detail. Goes with my new green and navy items. I have to pinch myself to believe it’s really me in the lovely new slim clothes.

I dropped another bag of size 14 clothes into the Salvation Army shop today. My wardrobe is shrinking along with me πŸ™‚

Happy day, all. I fast on Sunday so that I can host the family on Monday. Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hi Jojo
    The holiday sounds fabulous!
    Bay πŸ™‚

Rough trader.
    Sounds good plan. A friend of this thread is simcoeluv. He mae a very good point of putting the focus in the beginning months on just being able to have successful fast days as the main accomplishment. The rest will fall into place. The weight loss and health benefits.its great when the scale moves downward. However the victory is finding what works for and being able to adjust to changes.

I belive in this WOL. Especially if its combined with moderate exercise and HIIT if possible. I go further by making my feed days rich in foods that foster my priotity goal. For now iin weight loss mode, but im focussed also on visceral fat which is my biggest health risk.

Hi Ply, consider ourselves officially introduced, lol πŸ˜‰ … yes warmer weather certainly helps in the exercise stakes for me.

Hi Bay, wow re those clothes, I’m looking forward to the day I get to send my large sizes to the op shop or similar charity store.

SAMM there’s no way I could do this like you do, you are so focussed.

Nicky – did you get your surface pro fixed, did you find some wonderful clothes, if you did which shops did you frequent … such a pity we can’t add photo’s πŸ™‚ …

Hi to everyone else who I haven’t mentioned by name πŸ™‚ … nearly bed time as have to be out reasonably early in the morning as one of our girls (the 7 month old one) is in a show tomorrow morning and it starts at 9am and is a 30 plus minute drive – we don’t think she’ll win but it’s good ring experience for her. Oh yes, she’s a GSD (German Shepherd Dog) πŸ˜€

I am so hungry that I was thinking of giving in and eating something, then I took a look at this thread and read ply’s comment.

Thanks, you’ve stopped me from giving up on a fast day. I have made myself a mug of tea with a splash of milk and convinced myself that I can cope for another couple of hours, then have an early dinner πŸ™‚

Way to go, Amazon!
    Enjoying lunch right now: half a red pepper (raw) stuffed work a salad of Granny Smith apple, tuna, celery, and spinach with a dressing made with Greek yogurt, whole-grain mustard, lemon juice, and garlic. Way more delicious than expected, and just 200 calories.

I ate dinner at 4pm πŸ˜†

I’ve just had some raspberries and that is my lot until tomorrow.

Apart from the celery :spit: your lunch sounds delicious.

@amazon, sounds like a “go to bed early so I don’t eat” kinda night!

Aussie Oma
    I know it sounds more over thought than it actually is. I actually have less fast days per month than 5:2.
    I have 7 ADF fast days, then a two break where I focus on strength training.

Because I make my menus , then place a food delivery order. I’ve found I spend alot less time on food. Howevertbe quality of my goods enable , cancer prevention ,weight loss, health foods, and healing foods into my diet. Going to the grocery store I never come out with only what is on my list.

By having it delivered Fridays evening, I get all my cooking done by Saturday evenings. The rest is frozen in measured out Pyrex.

My job is demanding physically. ICANN barely fast on 3 of the days I work. Do adapted to one of fast days to start after lunch on the last work day of the week. Took me awhile to realize an optimal time there as the week end begins. But if it’s 36 hours. With only 600 calories . It’s tha same as 5:2 semi fast.

Only two fasting days. During work,my pedometer rarely has less than 30,000stepsper day. So it’s hard to stay competitive against the other returns runners. I don’t make much money , but I believe it’s better than working at the gym . Well more like if I had to use exercise equipment for 8-12 hours shifts, sometimes loading the trucks,and fetching the missing items on the fly if the are damaged in the conveyor system.

Fo the most part I’d say no I didn’t start IF. Intermittent. Fasting on 4:3- 4.5/19.5 and feed days healthy. I gradually went from a sedentary life of an injured person to 5:2 then 4:3 then started replacing feed days with healthy or healing foods. I wish I could say I’m perfect at it. What I can says much healthier diet 5-6 days a week. Sundays I just go with the flow.

It’ll definitely be a go to bed early so I don’t eat night πŸ˜†
    I was up early this morning though and will be again tomorrow AND I’m very good at sleeping so it won’t be too much of a hardship!

Good morning all and Buen Dia Jojo. It sounds as if you will be coming back slim, beautiful and serene. Enjoy! You too Tartan lass.

Amazon – I’m fasting too, today. I’ve had a rather indulgent few days so daren’t go near the scales until I’ve got a few lean days under my belt – which will be up a notch of two if I’m not very careful! My Callanetics DVD was waiting for me when we got home from Wales yesterday, so hoping to have a go tomorrow. I probably won’t be able to move on Monday! Your crab cakes sound wonderful.

Great news about the job Aussie Oma. What a huge relief for you. Hope all goes well at the show tomorrow. Ours are very miffed at being home again after the lovely time they had on the beach. I don’t think the long country walks they get here quite measure up!

Weemam – there is nothing to make you feel great more than trying on clothes and finding they are now too big, especially when you couldn’t get into them a while ago. I’m about to get rid of two pairs of black jeans which were the only things I could wear four months ago – and at times I had to lie down to do them up! Now, they look awful on me.

Happy shopping NickyF. I bought a new top and trousers the other day, UK 16, and if anything the trousers are a little on the loose side. I can’t believe I might soon need a 14. I haven’t been that for years and years!

Hermaj – you must be feeling so relieved that it is nearly over. What fantastic determination you have, though obviously you’ve enjoyed it, but perhaps more so if not under pressure. On a lesser level, when I changed careers from law to floristry six years ago, part of my college work included a project on an era, and I chose the 60s. I loved doing it, as it included politics, music and culture as well as flower trends. I really enjoyed delving into the history, and finding wedding pics of royalty and celebs like Princess Margaret, Lulu and Cilla, but did find the pressure quite hard. Luckily, like you, OH was very supportive and is a good cook! I’m sure you will get excellent results.

Hello Rouge Trader. Good luck with 5.2-ing. Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you’re having a good weekend.

Smiffy x

Doing BTB today and tomorrow .. Got ingredients in pot to make soup (again) in the morning . will see how we go as it is a day in the house . Good luck everyone . I will catch up with you all tomorrow.

PS … I was married in 1961 great times xx

Wee xx

Good morning all.

Amazon great job not giving in and spoiling your fast day πŸ˜€ well done you!

Hi Smiffy glad to see you had a great time in Wales …

SAMM as we don’t get deliveries here we have to go shop but having said that most of what we buy are fresh foods, not packaged or tinned. Unlike you I don’t have an over active job and I don’t work long, long hours so I can shop after work if needed to get more fresh veggies when needed or ask my OH to get them on the way home from his work (as I’d have to make a special journey as there are no shops between me and work but he could call past a shop on his way home so it’s on his way).

Hi Nicky, Wee, Tartan, Jojo and everyone else … have a wonderful day/night all … I don’t fast again until tomorrow (Mon)

Hi guys,

It’s so lovely to have people Down Under and in the USA cheering me on as I limp towards the end of the tunnel. It’s going to go right down to the wire as I still have to write a conclusion and a synopsis, not to mention boring stuff like a bibliography and consulting with OH re images (you can’t do a dissertation about cinema without a few piccies).

I have never in my life missed a deadline and I’m not about to start, but I’m having nightmares about the computer crashing, the printer running out of ink, the guy who does the comb-binding at the local office supplies shop being off sick. I think we’ve taken all precautions but until the thing is safely delivered I shan’t be completely happy.

It looks like the British war planes on their way to the Middle East dropped a bomb on my desk which looks like a war zone.

Smiffy, I love the sound of your 60s project. To be honest, I would have preferred to do a post-grad social history degree but there was nothing remotely suitable anywhere. However, I’ve enjoyed doing art history although I have to say every single assignent I’ve done has somehow slipped sideways into social history – this time it’s been socio-political history – which is no bad thing, there is always a strong link between art and what else is going on in the world. These last few weeks I’ve done the Popular Front in France, the rise of Fascism in 30s Europe, the Suez crisis, the Cold War, the arms race and the nuclear threat, CND the list goes on… French and British cinema was only part of it. Still, it’s kept the ancient brain in gear.

Thanks you all once again. I hope I’ll have some good news to share around mid-November when the results are announced.

Thank-you SAMM in my mind I do wonder if the M-W-F fast is as good as say M-T-W the 3:4 the science probably says yes but I need some stats and so I am using myself as a guide for research and development to establish a good fit in this very unique and flexible WOL in my view at least…
    All the Best Fast Trackers
    Peace..

Hola Jojo
    Tener una gran fiesta. Espero que el sol brilla!
    Divertise, P

Hi fasttrackers…
    So much chatter in the last few days. I have been having an active social life (beaches, parties, pool bbq at home) so have had little time to catch up. Just did a quick skim…how wonderful to see everyone being inspired by each other. Well done Amazon!

Ply (and all the other Northern Hemisphere folk), I feel sorry for you heading in to winter. Spring is here in full (had my first swim today) and the days are getting longer. I actually find it easier, living in Sydney, to exercise in winter as our winter days are usually lovely and sunny and it warms me up. Summer is left for pool work and late evening jaunts. Too hot even to garden in midsummer. So, I probably lose more in the winter due to exercising more.

I continue to maintain my goal weight (been 6 months now) and seem to have developed a nice natural rhythm of 2 fasts and mindful eating the rest of the time. I can go out to dinner and eat whatever I like, knowing, with confidence now, that I won’t gain those dreaded kilos again. That said, I’d better get OH to come for a walk now. Cheers all, P πŸ™‚

Morning all.

I’ve certainly been inspired by those on this thread, and it has made a real difference knowing that there are so many people out there who’ve lost lots of weight and many who have managed to keep it off while eating really nice food with the occasional treat.
    I’m off to a family gathering today, which means a huge Sunday roast, so I’ll need to be mindful of how many roast potatoes find their way onto my plate!

Smiffy, I’d forgotten how much hard work Callanetics is, and how much I enjoyed doing it.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Hi fellow fast trackers, I see we’re all having a great day thus far πŸ˜€ … oh boy I never had the video for callanetics but did have the book (much harder to follow, lol) mind you I can’t guarantee I could find it again lol.

Hermaj that’s an awesome dissertation you’re doing, nearly there now and I know what you mean regarding deadlines, lol.

Amazon we’re having a slightly modified Sunday roast ourselves … lean leg of lamb with a few roast potatoes only being available along with lots and lots of steamed veggies (which I do in my thermomix).

PVE we had a warm 29 today but the wind was very strong, blowing stuff all over the place, this usually happens a couple of times before summer hits. Yes I love summer but I can’t go out in the sun as I burn like a cinder ha ha. I enjoy swimming, used to swim all summer long but since adding on the kg’s I don’t go near one (we don’t have one at home as OH doesn’t want one unless it’s fully enclosed due to me burning and the dust and leaves etc so one day maybe πŸ˜€ )

Samm and Rouge you two are inspirational but there’s no way (at the moment) that I could contemplate 3 days in a row although I have done 3 in a week with one b2b without any issue (hmmm might do this again this week πŸ˜€ )

Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday everyone, hope I haven’t missed anyone.

Buenos Dias amigos, commo estas?
    I had a wonderful birthday with a special candle bow from my fellow yogis. Very sweet. The hotel laid on champagne at out group tables which I chose to drink. It would have been chirlish to refuse one glass so my new year promise is broken but only for this one glass. They also prepaired a social vegetarian dish of couscous and baked veg, totally tasteless. The Spanish do not do vegetarian hot dishes well here but there is loads of salad and fish. Veganism impossible, no Asian or Indian food choices either.
    Yoga going really well and I treated myself to a full body massage yesterday, lush.
    Internet only available in reception for. 90 mins per day, ridiculous for a give star hotel in this day and age but otherwise very good. I personally would not choose fully inclusive but it’s ok for a group holiday. Off to Cadiz and Jerez tomorrow as it’s our day off.
    Now I must go as the pool waits.
    Having read your posts everything sounds good. Welcome roughtrade, what an unusual handle? Sounds like you have what it takes 4 day fast eh? I will need that when I return, far too many lattes.
    I have learnt many new yoga positions, relearn some old classics, my poor ham strings and knees not to mention shoulders. May need anoth massage by Friday. Be good my slim and positive friends. Back on Sat.
    Basra maΓ±ana

Hi jojo, glad you are enjoying yourself. I agree about fully inclusive.
    I remember going to Spain on a walking holiday. There were 3 vegetarians in our group, although one of them was prepared to eat fish. We were in the Sierra Nevada, walking from village to village. There were rarely any menus, we had to eat what was available. There was no concept of vegetarianism, and they were often assured that something was vegetarian only to discover a chunk of chicken or rabbit on the plate.
    At the end of the tour we went to a really good beachside seafood restaurant in Malaga, and they made a beautiful vegetable paella for the 3 of them. I think it was the only decent meal they had for two weeks, but I bet they used chicken stock πŸ˜†

I offer a bit of exercise motivation this morning, courtesy of my son.
    He started working out at a rock-climbing gym over the weekend. Not so special, except that he uses a wheelchair after an accident almost 8 years ago which resulted in paralysis of his legs. He had very sore shoulders yesterday! So whatever your excuse is, put it aside! Get out there everyone, and use your body in whatever ways you can!
    I am off for a run!
    xoxox

Rough trader

I believe ADF to be the best result for longevity. Though I can’t reference that opinion. It’s long view from a step back. Statistics show that poor diet kills as many people as smoking tobacco. Intrigued I wanted yo know if was from junk food or mal nutrition. My understanding is the mal nutrition is the worse factor. So when I look at fasting vs calorie restriction. Fasting can have poor vitamin and mineral issues. Especially if not eating nutrition dense vegetables and fruits, or supplements.

I keep tweaking my plan to adjust to my personal schedule. In the video eat, fast, live longer. There the suggestion to do what’s doable. So that got me at least started, after 6 months I longer felt like doing only what’s doable. I want to experience the fully engaged IF . I tried ADF. I could do it, but for me it felt the same as being on many other diets . No end to it 3-4 days a week . I wasn’t happy.
    I made the personal choice to leave weekends open . Monday, Wednesday, Friday , but also choosing Tuesday and Thursday. To be health foods days. As I did more and more research I came to understand that health food doesn’t mean weight loss , or healing foods. So it’s been my quest to make my two feed days on tues and thurs to the optimum level. Both weight loss foods and healing foods.
    At the of the week is what I call my social foods where I can out eat with family and friends and simply enjoy what ever I want. Thing is I’ve become so good at counting calories I don’t find much reason to eat more 500 calories per meal,I also choose not to get much calories from sugary drinks. Choosing to see what offers the most nutrition – I at least make the effort on weekends to consider healthy foods.especially when out . It became easy to choose grilled fish when eating out on feed days as the go to no brainer.
    However when I move from doable comfort of 4:3 weekends free. B2B fasts seem to offer more response of allowing the digestive health to rest and rejuvenate. I found it very difficult. But I’m doing now once a month. However it’s still in a blurred 4:3 more likeADF.
    I ADF. Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat, Mon, Wed, Fri. 7 600 cal fasts in 12 days.
    I then turn to strength training for the rest of the month, but learning to go 6:1 help maintain my weight loss. I also try to eat all calories between 12 noon through 5 pm, or 12 midnight through 5am if I’m working on 3rd shift. In this way I have adequate energy to do all the walking I’m required to do on my job. I took a job in a warehouse to increase N.E.A.T. To be clearer. The schedule for my fasting tailored to my personal work schedule. I tweaked it so that intake my 300 calories just before going to work and another 300 when on lunch on Monday’s and Wednesday’s . The same on Fridays , but I choose 1 Saturday to extend the fast into a B2B FAST. In time I may eventually move to all B2B Friday Saturday’s as I can eat 1 500 calorie dinner on both Friday and saturday. With family. . I’ll have to used to it I’m not quite there .. To be honest it’s a terrible struggle for me I don’t enjoy it. However it’s seems to be doable using all my experiences. I’m hoping in time I becomes less of a struggle . I believe I may try in a few months to try to get to the 200lb mark. With this schedule.

Fasting days
    Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat, Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat
    Then Fri & Sat the rest of the month.

The rest of my month resembles the same exact pattern of M,W,F but instead of 600 calorie semi fasts, I practice two 500 calorie restriction meals. This has made social eating days , I’m more approachable to family and friends, as I can count very easily now 500 cals and ask for a box for the rest to eat on feed days.

The reason ive switched to two weeks on two weeks off. Is I wasnt exercising. So I’ve experimented with a 2 week ADF then on to 2 week strength training on the feed days. As I had hoped , besides the the 30,000 plus steps I take at work, I also starting to feel more motivated to start back with compound lifting and jumping rope. My body still looks like a before picture. But I confidence in this woe and wol.
    Good luck everyone!

Just joined all your comments inspired me so good luck to me for the first day tomorrow!!!

Hiya all and welcome soqueen14 .

Fasting day again today so decided to do some clearing out . I found 4 pairs of trousers that had been put past years ago because they were too tight .I tried a pair on and they fell right down . All of them looked ridiculous πŸ™‚ .I had so much fun trying them on though and now my charity shop bag .
    I went to show OH and he laughed out loud and said ” well done hen ,but I think they will be going in the black bag ” lol .

Almost dinner time now . Having mince and cabbage . I always make things in batches and freeze them so I can use them whenever I fancy some . This works brilliant for 5.2 but now I weigh everything before cooking and put them into portions on myfitness pal so as I know exactly how many carbs,calories etc I am having .

I have found some lovely candles I had forgotten all about and they will make lovely presents for friends at Christmas .Oops is it too early to say the C word:).

I can smell my dinner cooking now and it is making me hungry . Have fun but be good πŸ™‚ .

Wee xx

Evening all.

No roast dinner today. Roasted salmon with pasta bake, veggies and salad, followed by apple crumble and ice cream. I had a small helping of everything and half a glass of bubbly to toast the birthday girl (my SiL).
    3 and a half hours later I still feel stuffed.

Back to fasting tomorrow!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,201 through 2,250 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.