Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,851 through 1,900 (of 16,657 total)

• I’ve never thought of joining any kind of club, sports or social. Maybe I should see what there is in my area. It would be great to meet some new people.

Just a wee quick visit today . Was at hospital with hubby this morning to get his ultra sound for his aneurysms great news they are the same as last time ,not got any bigger .

5 years today since my lovely Mam passed away . I still miss her as we were best friends and I could talk to her about anything .She is in a place now where she feels no more pain . she would have been 97 Christmas day :).

Went down to take Dad out . he had been up ,showered dressed and had eaten breakfast then lunch then went back to bed lol . He was fine he said just tired ( allowed at 96 πŸ™‚ ) gave him a kiss and a cuddle ,told him I would see him tomorrow …bless him he is brilliant .

Wee xx

and it disappeared a second time! I will try just once more:

re Girls on the Run, we’ve had a fabulous start! 20 girls have joined and it was a great first meeting on Tuesday. There are so many girls here who need the confidence building that this program offers! I forgot to play my girl power playlist at our first meeting, so it is coming today!

I have always been a hugger at school, and that will never change! I spent half an hour comforting a sobbing second-grader yesterday. Poor little, he takes off from the classroom when there is something he doesn’t like. He does it so quietly that sometimes the adults don’t notice. Very scary and unsafe. I think it is mostly an issue of immaturity, but the school tried to keep him at the early childhood center for another year, and the same in first grade but the parents would not agree to it. We all need hugs sometimes.

Fasting today, easy again because of being busy, so all good. Have a great day, everyone. It is almost the weekend!!

Well done Amazon, good focus(sorry always the teacher)

I however was not as good when shopping, I bought a bounty chocolate bar because I was very upset after my Doctors appointment. He did not do an injection in the hip and is booking me in as a day patient next week for three spinal injections. What is even worse than that is the cancellation of any sport until November. When I explained about my yoga retreat and bowls holiday he suggested cancelling both( not bloody likely, I really need a holiday) it’s so depressing It will be sunbed and book for both trips. I realise that would be heaven for some but it’s torture for me. He even said no stretching, walking over 30 mins and no swimming lengths. It’s been 18 months since my last holiday and since then I have left my husband of 28 yrs married to set up on my own, I really need these trips.

On a positive note (yes there is one) I told him about my current diet. He said brilliant, he hasn’t eaten animal proteins for three years, he is married to a Harley Street nutritionalist who strongly recommends this lifestyle for health and weight loss. He himself has lost 2 stone without cutting any calories but just changing to plant proteins and healthy foods rich in fibre. He is a very tall man with a fine figure. He said getting down another 3.5 stone by next year can only help my back issue and he was very impressed with my 4 stone loss, actually it’s near 4 1/4 now. He thinks my problem is probably as a result of hip carrying children( 30 years worth of nursery teaching and parenting is very damaging, similar to the sort of problem postal service operative suffered from carrying a heavy bag on one shoulder).

Why aren’t weight watchers promoting this lifestyle? Why aren’t doctors and diet clinics suggesting changes to our diet in this way? People don’ t want or like change – simples!

Well I am on board guys and I am telling you it is great.

I will fast tomorrow as I am out to dinner tomorrow night and Saturday night.

Happy feasting and fasting Amigoes

Buenos noches

Ply,
    The chat up merchant turns out to be married, shocking behaviour, not good for the heart old boy. I told him today that I thought his wife might appreciate some of the charming comments he has offered me. He rightfully looked embarrassed. Cheeky sod.
    I had another offer today, he was lonely old 90 year old(seriously! I don’t look my age let alone a suitable companion for a 90 year old – grab a grand-dad day), I let him down gently by saying I have a friend but it was very kind of him to offer his services. (not exactly a lie, I have lots of friends both male and female)

I must be giving off pheromones or something lately, it will be dogs chasing me round the park next haha. Is anyone else getting chatted up since losing weight?

Great news on the running girls. I agree 100 % that sport is a confidence builder! improves team work and communication skills. I also believe there is a sport for everyone. Get active and keep active.

I knew you would be a hugger, you sound lovely. Our education system doesn’t support holding back irrespective of age and stage. You can imagine my thoughts. To hell with the teachers and parents, the child’s needs are paramount.

Amazon,
    Join lots of clubs.
    Reading, badminton, bowls, gym, walking, community choir,knitting whatever
    It’s wonderful – I am out most nights, love it.
    Jojo (terminal club joiner- but don’t go on the committee- full of Bolsheviks and pen pushers) sorry but my experience supports this, I help a lot but stay clear of the clique.

Weemam,
    Glad to hear your hubby’s health remains good. Your dad sounds great.
    Always thinking of you and your life as a carer.

Hi all,
    I love doctor, doctor jokes so here are some of my favourites:

Patient: Doctor, doctor, I can’t stop stealing things!
    Doctor: Take these pills for a week and if they don’t work bring me a flat screen TV!

Patient: Doctor, doctor, I’m at death’s door!
    Doctor: Don’t worry! I’ll pull you through!

Patient: Doctor, doctor, What can you give me for my liver?
    Doctor: Here’s a pound of onions!

However, my favourite joke of all time is:

Q. How do you tell the difference between a weasel and a stoat?
    A. A weasel is weasily identified but a stoat is stoatally different!

Lizzypb
    PS I lost 2lb a week steadily at first but not now. Hope you like my jokes instead!

Jojo, I’m sorry to hear that you won’t be able to do any exercise for a while, and that it will alter your holiday plans, but think how wonderful it will be not to have any pain. I can’t lie on a sunbed and read for days either, so I understand how you feel. Would it not be possible to reschedule the yoga retreat for a time when you are able to participate? I guess even if you can’t play bowls you’ll be able to enjoy the social side of things.

I hope you enjoyed the Bounty bar, I am jealous as they are one of my favourites, not that I’ve eaten one for a couple of years at least.

JoJo
    The DHA foods they cause less inflammation in the memory. At some point I would be very curious to see you go on a gluten free challenge for thirty days , with your daughter. But Instead just gluten free, also put DHA in the diet. That combined with fasting. The test would be how you feel after going back on wheat/ gluten after 30 days.

A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.
    To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
    A thief fell and broke his leg in wet cement. He became a hardened criminal.
    When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.
    The short fortune teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
    When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.
    A lot of money is tainted: β€˜Taint yours, and β€˜taint mine.
    A boiled egg is hard to beat.

Oh and start using your friends and family phone numbers as passwords. As it’s good to use long numbers sequences as a brain exercise, remember my post on brain calisthenics. If you don’t use it you will lose it.
    Don’t take supplements for memory , because they do in fact help, but the problem is suddenly stopping them does greater harm. Supplements for memory issues shouldn’t be used like aspirin or you may be much worse off that not to used them at all.

Hi jojo,

You and your daughter are each having a rough ride. Sadly, the best way to deal with a kid in desperate distress isn’t on the PGCE syllabus. No wonder she is reduced to tears. She has one huge advantage though. Her mum’s a teacher who has only recently retired and therefore is still up to speed on all the vagaries of the classroom. I’m sure between you you will find a solution. Have no senior staff at the school stepped in yet? It doesn’t seem fair to leave a probationer to cope unsupported from above. However, it must help to have teaching assitants on board.

Sorry, too, that the doc didn’t come up with the goods and worse, suggested you cancel a long-awaited and well-deserved holiday. You could understand if you were off to do some extreme sport like Alpine bungee-jumping, but surely yoga is therapeutic. You are right to ignore his advice.

On the brighter side, it’s good to hear that it’s more than pints you are pulling. πŸ™‚ Annoying though, when some of these admirers turn out to be playing away.

Thanks for the encouragement re the dissertation, I’m now about a third of the way through the first draft, which is pretty well on schedule. I’m hoping to have it fully drafted about 4-5 days before the deadline so I have time to put it into shape, so that all the right notes are in the right order. πŸ™‚

Hi Jojo
    You are an inspiration. I’m sorry you can’t exercise until December. I really feel for you. Yesterday while weeding on my knees, I had my first intimation of what it would be like if I couldn’t easily get up and down. Scary!

Keep up your good spirits. I second Samm in the suggestion of going gluten free for 30 days. My experience on my 32 day holiday was that I stayed the same weight, until I indulged in gluten products. Now I have been home 2 days and fasted 19 hours, I have lost 2 kgs of the weight. My body just doesn’t like wheat products, even though I do. πŸ™‚

Cheers to you and your eating plan. Bay πŸ™‚

PS. It doesn’t matter whether it’s the gluten or FODMAPs as new research is suggesting. The effect is the same, if you go on a gluten free diet.

Hi All,
    Just checking in before bedtime.
    Thank you all for your concern and well wishes. I cannot re-schedule my trip but I will book another one in Spring in India. I am going on both trips, fingers crossed since I also am never allowed to sit cross legged again, neither are you guys, it’s very, very, very, very bad for your spine. ( but it looks very sexy on a bar stool) πŸ˜‰

If you are going to help your spine, sit with your legs supported from above knee to the ankle with the height level of the stall the same as your seat level. Don’t slouch and don’t bring your legs up sideways on a sofa, this twist is bad news. I miss my armchair and hate this damn leather sofa, may need to make an urgent change to my seating here.

Gave myself a real talking to tonight – accepting Doctors advice, he is trying to help me after all. I have been in pain for years, I could be pain free by Christmas – no contest really.

Now suggestions for using my time whilst on two activity holidays? Obviously ?I will work on my Spanish which is still being neglected. I am considering writing a book, ‘age 60, the new 30’, (half the woman, twice the life). What do you think? Sort of a re- inventing yourself book.

Hermajtomomi, glad the dissertation is going well. I can’t help my daughter because the schools policy on settling goes against everything I believe in about a child’s readiness. They base their entire belief in submission of the child after a given time. I have been settling young children for most of my career, I can tell the difference between a tantrum and distress which may lead to severe harm to a child and their family. I also believe it is unfair to put this stress upon classroom assistants. I bet they find it difficult to sleep at night, carry out school requests that are unreasonable and harmful. I have told my daughter to stand up to her senior teachers and be counted as the voice of the child. She worked for me for many years she knows what is right and wrong.

Lizzypopbottle, welcome and thanks for the jokes, I need them at the moment. But I am never down for long. Bouncing bomb, that’s me! πŸ™‚

SAMM, I hate to admit this in public but I don’t even remember my own phone number, great remembering faces though, track back to infant years. I can also name every child I have ever taught and that runs into over one thousand. I tested this theory recently by going through all my nursery year books. I think we may use a different part of our brain to remember numbers( I might have destroyed that bit with gin and tonic) I also remember songs very well.

It was cherries that were good for memory wasn’t ‘t it ? I have frozen ones and other berries in my porridge daily.

Bayleafoz and SAMM, I will look into gluten free, I have very little to lose( actually that’s not quite true) coz I have over 3 stone to lose. πŸ™

Thankyou for your suggestions and tips – always listening, always prepared to try anything? Could never refuse a dare, it has got me into quite a few scrapes over the years.;-)

Blueberries are best food for overall Brain health, but DHA. Foods. Is the way to go hands down. Even if you don’t go gluten free, at least add DHA , and know the DHA foods what they are at the grocery.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000140000000000000000-w.html

This link will enlighten. You as to which foods are super DHA foods and which ones you’ll have to eat a lot of. The thing to remember is DHA best uptake is from animal .

Hint. Walnut! In salads and porridge , or oatmeal.

Oat meal and oat bran is gluten free

One-liners by Famous People

☺”…but I also can’t prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us.” ―Daniel Dennett

☺”He who angers you conquers you.” ―Elizabeth Kenny

☺”If you’re going through Hell, keep going.” ―Sir Winston Churchill

☺”Do one thing every day that scares you.” ―Eleanor Roosevelt

☺”Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.” ―Helen Keller

☺”Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ―Mary Oliver

☺”If things seem under control, you’re just not going fast enough.” ―Mario Andretti

☺”Life is not having been told that the man has just waxed the floor.” ―Ogden Nash

☺”I never forget a face, but in your case I’d be glad to make an exception.” ―Groucho Marx

☺”My wife sent her photograph to the Lonely Hearts Club. They sent it back saying they weren’t that lonely.” ―Les Dawson

☺”Chopsticks are one of the reasons the Chinese never invented custard.” ―Spike Milligan

☺”Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little.” ―Gore Vidal

☺”I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was “Shout For Help”.” ―Jimmy Carr

☺”I have kleptomania. But when it gets bad, I take something for it.” ―Ken Dodd

☺”I think football would become an even better game if someone could invent a ball that kicks back.” ―Eric Morecambe

☺”Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” ―Mark Twain

☺”I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup.” ―Jerry Seinfeld

☺”War is God’s way of teaching Americans geography.” ―Ambrose Bierce

☺”Trying is the first step towards failure.” ―Homer Simpson

☺”My Dad used to say ‘always fight fire with fire’, which is probably why he got thrown out of the fire brigade.” ―Peter Kay

☺”The people voting for the Oscars are so old. I haven’t seen one Academy Award voter with a tampon in her purse.” ―Joan Rivers

☺”Starbucks says they are going to start putting religious quotes on cups. The very first one will say, ‘Jesus! This cup is expensive!'” ―Conan O’Brien

☺”I had to stop drinking, cause I got tired of waking up in my car driving 90.” ―Richard Pryor

☺”I don’t worry about terrorism. I was married for two years.” ―Sam Kinison

☺”I’m on a whiskey diet…I’ve lost three days already.” ―Tommy Cooper

☺’It’s not that I’m afraid to die, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” ―Woody Allen

☺”The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades” ―Demetri Martin

☺”Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.” ―Bill Cosby

☺”I have a lot of growing up to do. I realized that the other day inside my fort.” ―Zach Galifianakis

☺”Reality continues to ruin my life.” ―Bill Watterson

☺”Do well and you will have no need for ancestors.” ―Voltaire

☺”Puberty is a phase… fifteen years of rejection is a lifestyle.” ―Sue Kolinsky

☺”If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z; work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.” ―Albert Einstein

☺”Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” ―Bill Watterson

☺”If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.” ―Edith Wharton

☺”In spite of the cost of living, it’s still popular.” ―Kathleen Norris

☺Sam: “How’s life treating you Norm?”
    Norm: “Like it caught me sleeping with its wife.” ―George Wendt

☺”I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there.” ―Herb Caen

☺”Digestion is the great secret of life.” ―(Sydney) Smith’s Secret

☺”I’ve developed a new philosophy… I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” ―Charley Brown

☺”If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which he has inflicted on men, he would kill himself.” ―Alexandre Dumas

☺”Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” ―Albert Einstein

☺”I’m the kind of guy who will have nothing all my life and then they’ll discover oil while they’re digging my grave.” ―George Gobel

☺”Don’t take life too seriously, you won’t get out alive.”

☺”I used to have a handle on life, and then it broke.”

☺”It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.”

☺”Don’t marry the person you want to live with, marry the one you cannot live without… but whatever you do, you’ll regret it later.”

☺”Regular naps prevent old age… especially if you take them while driving.”

☺”A child’s greatest period of growth is the month after you’ve purchased new school uniforms.”

☺”Forgiveness is giving up my right to hate you for hurting me.”

☺”My wife and I always compromise. I admit I’m wrong and she agrees with me.”

☺”Saving is the best thing. Especially when your parents have done it for you.”

☺”Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me alone!”

☺”I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.”

☺”Don’t worry about what people think, they don’t do it very often.”

☺”Early to bed, early to rise ensures a healthy, dull demise.”

☺”How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?”

☺”Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”

☺ “Women need to cry. And they won’t do it alone unless they know you can hear them.”

☺ “Women do not know anything about cars. ‘Oil-stick, oil doesn’t stick?’ ”

☺ “Women will make three right-hand turns to avoid making one left-hand turn.”

☺ “The good girls keep the diaries the bad girls never have the time.”

☺ “I always thought that if I were popular, I must be doing something wrong.”

☺ “Unfortunately, sometimes people don’t hear you until you scream.”

☺”Ladies first. Pretty ladies sooner.”

☺ “The idea of strictly minding our own business is moldy rubbish. Who could be so selfish?”

☺”When he is late for dinner and I know he must be either having an affair or lying dead in the street, I always hope he’s dead.”

☺”Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses; women for their strengths.”

☺”There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.”

☺”Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.”

These witty one-liners may be funny, sensitive or just plain silly. But, I bet you must have enjoyed reading each line. One of my favorite one-liners also stands true when you are trying to make someone laugh, ‘If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.’

Jojo, terrible news from the doctor! I see that you are bouncing back already, though. I know that you will wring every bit of fun and pleasure out of your trip, regardless of whether you can do yoga. It’s your approach to life!

Good morning all fasttrackers, a quick check in before going to the shops for food.

Jojo what a (literal and metaphorical) pain about your hip and trip. Hope something positive comes out of the mess.

SAMM I nearly wet my pants laughing at your jokes. Some real gems there.

Scales of deceit at work again, showing 0.6kg gain from yesterday, despite virtuous fast day. πŸ™

Just keeping on keeping on … Spring is definitely in the air here so it’s hard to stay down for long.

Happy Friday all.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/241852-benefits-of-drinking-dandelion-tea/

“A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.”
    –Β  Doug Larson

I really miss my garden JoJo.
    It was great to. Have a fasting day where I could get 600 calories from the garden.
    Asparagus ,dandelion, tomato, mulberry, lambs quarter, wild garlic . Inside blueberries.

Not only did lose weight, I gained more money for eating out for the fish dinners.

I suppose the next place I move too will have arable soil to grow a better garden. So I can 100% nutrition and complete protein combinations. With spring to fall plants and tea making trees. When I was 18 I had pot plant. In the woods a friend told me to make a tea out of the roots. Wish it were legal. I’m not into being high anymore as my goals and dreams are more powerful than any drug. But it was a very tasty tea.
    We roasted the roots until they were were browned and kept mashing into dust.

Where does the time go? I can’t remember?

SAMM:

Your one liners are great. Thank You!

”Chopsticks are one of the reasons the Chinese never invented custard.”

”War is God’s way of teaching Americans geography.”

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Thanks for the one liners SAMM.

Morning all.

Sunshine this morning πŸ™‚

Good morning fast trackers,
    Half a pound down this morning, 7.5 this month, I suspect the chocolate bar ate the other half( it was the first chocolate since Christmas I think, it was not worth it) actually I had bread pudding and crisps too, it was not a disciplined day, but I am sure Michael Mosely would approve. Today I fast then a fish and veg dinner at a restaurant tonight, no pudding, no wine.

SAMM my favourite quote is Mae West
    ‘It’s not the men in my life, but the life in my men.
    This is so relevant to me as I spend a lot of time at the bowls club where the average age is 75.

I tell you what though those old guy don’t mess around you can get a proposal within 10 minutes of meeting them, it isn’t always marriage though. They certainly don’t waste time because they know it’s limited. If only one looked like George Clooney life would be perfect.

I have decided that I will do one last long walk on Saturday and one badminton class and one yoga class on Monday before my injections next week. Every condemned man( woman) gets a last request.

I am very concerned about the effect of exercise restriction on my diet, two months worth. The only answer is to cut calories further. I think I may need to look at my TDEE again. May need to drop to 1000 on non fast days, currently do 1200, only for this period obviously. However there are two holidays in that period, this is going to be a challenge for sure but I am determined not to gain. Ply I am staying with you in our competition, it will help me focus. Roll on 26 th September!

Sunny day here guys, off to plant dwarf sunflowers and violas by my entrance path, that should brighten things and me up when I come home. Hope my male dog doesn’t kill them, he likes to cock his leg on my new plants to christen them.

Have a good day all.

Hi SAMM,

I have an ear-to-ear grin on my face after scrolling through your great one-liners. I’m a night owl who finds smiling in the morning extremely difficult, so that’s quite an achievement on your part. πŸ™‚

jojo, isn’t it awful to have to use the words ‘submission’ and ‘child’ in the same sentence? It’s all very well for education experts and policy-makers – not to mention senior staff at the school – to sit in their ivory towers dictating what’s best while your daughter and assistants struggle to help the poor wee Romany boy to settle in.

On a happier note, well done on the weight loss, you obviously look stunning. That, plus obviously being a woman with style, is why you are having to fend off all the admirers.

Finally, hello to Bay, ply, Amazon, Nicky. Have a good day – or evening for those in Oz. I’m about to be strong-willed and get down to ‘dissertating’.

Good evening guys,
    Quiet afternoon in the bar.
    Off out to dinner now – I will try to be strong
    I am wearing metallic blue nail polish, that should cause a stir.
    Of course it matches my outfit, white with blue flowers πŸ™‚
    Chat tomorrow

Lookin’ good, Jojo!

Hi Jojo
    Hope the blue nail polish wowed them!

We’re having a lovely warm Spring day here and I’m enjoying the smells from the garden, lavender, camellias, prunus, apricot blossoms. πŸ™‚

Came back from holidays about 3 kgs heavier, and then lost 2 kgs in the first few days at home on my normal fasting regime. My first fast was 19 hours long, and my body loved it. Sadly, I indulged in wheat products during my last two weeks of holidays, and they really do not agree with me. You would think I would learn. πŸ™‚

All the best on your holidays. Bay πŸ™‚

Hi Hermaj

I am thinking of you dissertating (love that word) while I relax in a well earned afternoon break. As the epic poet says:

“Spring has sprung, the Grass is ris
    I wonder where dem boidees is”

Today I washed the new tiled floors (they look so good), then the toilets and showers. Feeling so good.

Bay πŸ™‚

A boy asked his Dad where do children come from, so he explained about Adam and Eve and making babies who then made more babies etc, the boy then asked his Mum the same question she explained that we evolved from apes. The boy went back to his dad and said, ‘you lied to me, mum said we came from apes’. Dad said ‘son, I wouldn’t lie, she was only talking about her side of the family’.

I enjoyed my meal last night, duck pate and salad followed by haddock with melted cheese on top and new potatoes( way over 500 cals)No options available that would fit in with my current eating plan. Couldn’t finish it, probably should have skipped the starter. No alcohol or coffee but drank lots of over priced Perrier water. The bijou hotel(first visit) was decorated like a French bordello from an old American Western ( very over the top) black loopy fringed curtains, red and gold furniture, an old piano with candle holders, lots of lamps and ornaments, also each bedroom is themed for different countries, apparently(six rooms). My blue nail polish fitted in very well – different. I felt very under dressed actually, I suspect I should have gone for something more sleek and dramatic possibly 40/50’s style or even Charleston, which seems to be all the rage at the moment.

I will stick to porridge for breakfast, salad lunch then meal out tonight will be ‘pie and mash’ ( no jellied eels for me – disgusting)at cockerney night’. Haven’t sorted my costume for that yet but all ready for a singalong. ‘Lambeth walk’ ,’down to Margate ‘ and ‘any old iron’ and of course playing the spoons, what a laugh?

Going for a nice long walk this morning, last one for a while.

No weight loss today but no gain either, still at my lowest over twenty years and 3 lbs less than my ex. so all good. Nothing like a bit of competition to spur you on. How is it going Ply?

Have a great day everyone, fast or feed, be strong, fast long.

Hi Bay,

De boids is on de wing.
    No, dat’s absoid,
    De wings is on de boids.

And another if you like Brooklyn-speak,

Toidy poiple boids
    Sittin’ on a coib,
    A-choipin’ and a-boipin’
    An’ eading doidy woims.

It’s probably evening where you are, so sleep well. πŸ™‚

Re spring, hermaj, my little 4 year old granddaughter wandered into my garden this afternoon, spied a little pink azalea flowering and said “I LOVE Spring”. Such joy! P

Morning all.

I had breakfast and dinner yesterday and will do the same today. I’m going for B2B fasts on Sunday and Monday to fit in with my plans for next week.

Jojo, interesting to hear that you couldn’t finish your meal last night. I used to happily eat three courses when I went out for dinner, and now struggle with two. I find myself looking for the lightest options as I can no longer bear that stuffed to the hilt feeling that I used to think was normal!
    I am reminded time and again how 5:2 has changed my eating habits where all other ways have failed. In some ways I’m am disappointed that I can’t manage that dessert or piece of cake, but when I catch sight of myself in the mirror or someone I’ve not seen for a while is amazed by my appearance I am thrilled. And of course I feel so much better.

Congratulations on being your lowest weight in in over 20 years. I should be joining you in a couple of weeks πŸ™‚

Have a good day everyone.

Hi jojo,

Love the sound of the bordello. As you say, the blue nail varnish was very appropriate.

Enjoy the Cockney night. Would love to be there to hear an evening of my ‘mother tongue’- but avoiding jellied eels at all costs.

Any Old Iron, My Ol’ Man Sez Foller the Van, Just Like the Ivy, the list goes on. I know ’em all. With parents and grandparents from Beffnal Green, Clapton and ‘Ackney, how could I not?. Have a great weekend.

Hi Purple – or should I stick with the Brooklyn accent and call you Poiple?

Aren’t they gorgeous at 4! I’ve got a lovely great-nephew, now five and a half, who has been coming out with similar gems for the last couple of years. I’ve thought of writing them down as ‘The Thoughts of Chairman Eddie’. πŸ™‚

Too funny, Hermaj & Purple! My younger son had an inexplicable Brooklyn accent when he was about 4!
    Jojo, I am doing fine, but not in a diet sense! Yesterday turned into a carb fest from the start! I am chalking it up to lack of sleep, which I know triggers the cravings for sweets & other carbs for me. Started with a donut, sampled a little leftover cake at work, half a bagel, cheese crackers. At least I ate salads for lunch and dinner! Before dinner was another story. Hubby and I went out for our usual Friday night reconnect, but we tried a different restaurant where they serve a big basket of hot from the oven chewy garlic focaccia. I almost always skip bread in restaurants, but last night I chose to dig in. I won’t say that I couldn’t resist…I was perfectly conscious of what I was choosing and doing. It was absolutely delicious, and I will be making up for it with a fast today and semi-fast tomorrow. Slept for 12 hours last night, woke up feeling super-human!
    Have a great weekend, all!

A mate of mine put this up on Facebook. I think it’s great. Hopefully othrs will too. Relax for 7 minutes and enjoy the sound. I’m also putting it on the maintainers’ thread.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153006871318712

Hi ply,

For one moment I thought, how come a little Aussie boy would have a Brooklyn accent? Then I remembered you are in the USA. I had a quick look at the girls on the run link which took me to North Carolina. Is that where you are?

On our US trip two years ago we stayed first in Asheville with it’s wonderful art deco architecture. We also had the worst and one of the best meals of the trip there. Then we moved on to Old Salem for a day or two. More beautiful but very different architecture, lovely food and lovely people.

To get from one to the other we drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway with Blue Grass on the car stereo. When I ws thinking it doesn’t get much better than this, suddenly it did, when a young bear crossed the road ahead of us – close enough to see but not close enough to be in danger.

I am a Bostonian, Hermaj! You might think that explains the accent, but we were living in Ohio (Midwest) at the time. Some little speech impediment around pronouncing the letter R, but it was adorable!
    We traveled a bit in NC when we were visiting colleges for our sons. Beautiful country indeed, but I am a city girl at heart! The south tends to be much too conservative for me politically and socially as well! I could do without the cold winters, but c’est la vie.

You ARE only human Ply….mmmm….delicious bread! This is a way of life, not a gaol/jail sentence. We do the Friday night reconnect thing too. Excellent. Enjoy your weekend. P

ply, it is 7 days since I had a piece of bread, and I had convinced myself that I wasn’t missing it at all. The I read your post mentioning garlic focaccia :jellus:

hermaj, talking of bears, have you seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29174094

I’m going to visit a friend later and I know that I won’t get away with any less than two glasses of wine. I’m going to have to be very careful not to undo all the good work this week, with 3 fasts under my belt and lots of exercise.
    Wish me luck and self control!

You can do it, Amazon!

I try to make my infrequent calorie splurges worth it., and last night was.

Purple, because of our work schedules, my husband and I do not see each other (awake) from Sunday afternoon until Friday night, so we definitely need the reconnect!

Just popped in to say hiya all . I have spent ages reading all the posts . I LOVE to catch up . Went to get dad today and again he was too tired to get up. I try not to worry as I know he is really well looked after but I miss when I can’t take him out and about and have a wee blether with him . Maybe just as well as I am having a bit of a flare with the RA in my left knee at the moment ,so didn’t drive much today . I did a fast yesterday and I am trying to do the same today . Keep up the good work guys and remember to have fun . Blue nail varnish sounds great :). Having a wee blip doesn’t kill you it makes you more determined .

Wee xx

ply,

It was in Boston where I took my first step on American soil in 2000. A great start to a month-long trip that took us through New England in October when the fall colours more than lived up to the hype and eventually took us to NYC which, big city girl that I am, I fell instantly in love with.

In Boston, we stayed in a B&B in Charlestown, fell in love with the Back Bay neighbourhood and noted that there were so many squirrels on Boston Common they almost constituted an ethnic minority.

As I said, like you, I’m a city girl. I love to visit and stay for short spells in the countryside, but more at home in a big city.

Thanks, Amazon, I love it.
    Not only do I love bears – although I know they can be nasty pieces of work – as a very small kid I thought I WAS a bear and would only answer to the name Teddy or Ted.

Have a great evening. You could consider doing what my OH does, diluting the vino half-and-half with sparkling water – quite common practice in Spain and probably elsewhere – so that you can have four glasses for the calorie price of two. Unless, of course your friend is serving you with something vintage, in which case it would be a sin to mess with it.

I have relatives in Charlestown, Hermaj. We live in a suburb, but city enough for me. Looking out the windows at nothing but trees, it feels like the country, which satisfies hubby. Not far from the sea, which is always nice!
    My kids live in Cambridge, so we get to visit quite a bit.

Weemam, I hope it is just a tired week for your Dad. I do love hearing of your times together!

Sheer coincidence. Soon after our exchange about things Bostonian, I got a swift email from my niece-in-law, mum of Chairman Eddie mentioned in my post to Purple earlier today, sitting at Heathrow waiting to fly to your fair city for a conference.

We are also in the suburbs but it can take as little as 25 minutes on the tain or underground to get to the centre of the city. I remember how, from our terrace at the Charlestown b&b, the view across gardens and backs of houses, probably built at the tail end of the 19th century, the view was very much like you would get in some of our leafier London suburbs and we felt immediately at home.This was 14 years ago and since then I’m pleased to say our own part of North London has got a lot leafier.

This is what I love about the FD forum. No one minds if you go a bit off-topic. Today we’ve talked about all the Bs – Brooklyn accents, Boston and bears – not to mention the bordello where jojo dined last night wearing her blue nail varnish.

Whatcher muckers,
    Back from the cockerney night. Done the Lambeth walk, Hokey Cokey and played the spoons until I got blisters. It was a good night, lots of sea food which is great, avoided the jellied eel and whelks – gross, but had brown shrimp, prawns, cockles and crab meat followed by a hot dog( very odd) we all thought we were getting pie and mash, suspect there was an issue with the ovens so last minute change, shame.
    Quiz night was interesting, really rested my knowledge of London and rhyming slang.

Back at the Mickey Mouse, up the apples and pears, jump in the sack.

Looking forward to a weigh in tomorrow

Sounds like a great night jojo
    Don’t you love the way someone can have a night out in London and someone else in Sydney can read the vivid description and enjoy it too? Words are so much more powerful than images.
    Btw hermaj, I was with you in the car listening to Blue Grass. Fabulous! Thanks guys. P

I would love to taste a fresh crab . I had crab soup once but it was liquidised :(. On my bucket list though . past midnight here so I am off to bed . Have a great weekend everyone .

Wee xx

Today’s joke

In – Catholic School – in the canteen, there is a pile of apples with a note on them. It says “only take one-God is watching you” further down the table is a plate of cookies with a child’s hand scrawled note. Take as many as you like God is watching the apples.

Sorry for teasing you all with the ‘c’ word this morning but I found it difficult to find an appropriate joke this morning. Jokes are a political and social minefield when you consider publicly sharing them. I think it’s a good thing they are posted anonymously on joke forums otherwise the writers would be locked up or at least sued. Husband and wife jokes are my favourite, often so true. Men and women see things so differently sometimes it’s no wonder we confusion.

Weeman, I love crab, it’s one of my favourite seafoods, can you not get it at your local fresh fish shop. I buy it pre- dressed for Β£4.00 but you no need to be careful of tiny bits of shell on occasion.

I think it is great to share our experiences, I usually try to imagine others living their experience too. You build up a picture of your cyber friends. Hermajtomomi sitting in her office working on her laptop surrounded by open books and whirling printer.

Ply- at the Gym as dawn breaks giving it 120% on a cross trainer. Or bouncing on her exercise ball doing lesson prep in an empty classroom.

Weemam- having a cuppa with her Dad telling him all she has been doing that day while he drops off to sleep.

Amazon- cursing the bread bin each time she passes it, not today my carb friend!

So many more images……

Now to add one more very ordinary scene

Jojo laying in her double bed, typing on her ipad to her cyber friends. Sipping her cold tea because yet again she has forgotten to drink it whilst hot. The wardrobe doors are open with piles of half sorted clothes hanging on them. There is also a pile of ironed and used clothes on the ottoman at the end of the bed, still not put away, been there over a week. There is a dressing table with makeup, junk jewellery, hair dryer, heated rollers in fairly organised piles. The chest of drawers is also a bookcase, there are about 20 health and diet related books atop and possible 10 fiction books( new to me, to read) also my now empty deep red porridge bowls. The other chest of drawers has atop a collection of Art Deco perfume bottles which don’t look anywhere near as good as they did when they lived in my old black and white bathroom at my old house, no light or mirrors to accentuate their beautiful lines. Family pictures are displayed in black frames and a large abstract of a summer garden in blues, pinks and purples hangs over my bed. There is a long dressing mirror by the door and a huge one over the dressing table. The ceiling has four horrible spot lights on a bar that have been placed ‘off centre’ on the ceiling( horrible and never used)It’s a room that seriously needs a makeover, magnolia walls and ceiling. It’s a room that seriously needs a clear out and tidy. But there is only me to see so who cares? Actually me. By tonight it will be tidy, not clear but at least the clothes will be hidden in cupboards or in bin bags if too big. I do think clutter is depressing unless artfully arranged. Like my perfume bottles I need to be in a better place.

Sun shining, off to my garden

Really fancy a roast today.

Be good, I hope non of you are fasting on a Sunday, too cruel.

Morning all.

Last night turned into a hug blip. We ended up in an Italian restaurant, On the plus side, I had only eaten granola with fruit and yogurt all day, and I didn’t touch the bread, but whitebait, pizza, tiramisu and wine definitely exceeded the TDEE πŸ˜†
    B2B fasts today and tomorrow will sort it out.

Fasting on a Sunday is not something I would normally do, but if I don’t I won’t fit enough fast days in this week.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,851 through 1,900 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.