Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,801 through 15,850 (of 16,657 total)

• Morning/evening all,

Hi Jim,

What Happy said πŸ‘

I am unexpectedly entertaining today and I cannot offer guests food and not eat myself so my fast will be moved to tomorrow. I’m planning B2B M/Tu as I want to make the most of the determined mood I’m in at the moment.

I wanted to stay up for the athletics last night but gave in at 1am as I could hardly keep my eyes open so am watching highlights after a good sleep. Mo Farah is incredible 😎

Happy Sunday everybody 😜

Hello,
    You are so right Amazon! That’s the boat I am this week and I know exactly I over did. I am upset with myself right now.
    It’s hot again.
    Enjoy your Sunday

Hi Guys,
    We are enjoying our seaside weekend. We had a lovely swim in an outdoor pool today and have been for a beach and park walk with the dogs. We are eating and drinking sensibly on this non fast weekend, lots of salad.
    The weather has been wonderful.
    Fasting tomorrow.

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Monday fast day let’s get our fast on people maybe it’s the gardening theme
    Nama but this add for some reason always fits my mind picture of you please forgive me πŸ˜‰
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZYXjuo1vDg
    Peace RT

Hello,
    Not much to declare from this end! Not Fasting Monday… Flex to Tuesday.
    What a nice gardener 😜😻
    I need to be a loser 😱 Again ❀️
    Wishing you all a good week πŸ™

Ha ha RT,thanks I can certainly relate to that ad! And although I am not blonde, I do wear rimless specs! Would not mind help in the garden like that!

Nama, not sure you’d get much done when the gardener was round! Although I guess the Windows on that side of the house would be spotless… πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all,

Yesterday I played a round of golf, cyled numerous laps in the velodrome, went to the gym and flung myself around the apparatus, spent 4 hours on the tennis court and then ran 100 metres so I’m a bit tired this morning πŸ˜‰
    What a fabulous weekend of Olympic sporting success especially for team GB.
    Makes me proud to be British 😎

It’s Monday so it must be a FD. Bring it on!

Have a good one everybody 😜

Evening all,
    Another beautiful day and last day with Wiwi and hubby. We walked into town and took a trip on an open top bus. We both set out to do a fast today but later decided to have some fruit as we both felt the need. I had soup for dinner so under my 400 cal limit today. I will probably do 24 hour liquid only fast on Wednesday. Must kick start my maintaining status.

I have several bowls competitions this week so feeling stressed but excited. My last game was Thursday last week so ?I now need to focus on training.

Amazon, I am really enjoying the Olympics too but the late nights are killing me. I particularly enjoyed the badminton and tennis. Just waiting for Laura Trott to do her omnium pursuit ( not sure if that is spelt correctly).

Evening/morning all,

Another FD nailed. I had a 350 calorie meal from the freezer for dinner and am going to do a food free fast tomorrow. Feeling positive πŸ™‚

Jo, I’ve watched a lot of Olympic sport so far but have been very selective regarding the late races and events. I am coping well with late nights I’ve had during the tennis events and have been fortunate enough to go to sleep almost as soon as my head has hit the pillow. I had a lie-in this morning and won’t be up too late tonight as there is nothing on the schedule that I really want to watch. Later in the week it’ll be more likely that I’ll stay up to watch tennis from Cincinnati than Olympic sport.

What a brilliant display of all round sportsmanship Amazon no wonder your knackered πŸ˜‰ you deserve a lie in this is a real spring day absolutely soaking up the sheer privilege of being alive blue sky and sunshine a top of 22 spring is in the air people have a groovy day fast friends.
    β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Well I think you win the gold medal Amazon! I didn’t play 18 holes, only managed two sets of tennis, fell asleep before my 100m… πŸ™ I have dipped my oars in the water and ridden a prancing pony though this weekend…

The troubke with the Olympics is always that I get sucked in and am then left bereft when it ends!

Well I think you win the gold medal Amazon! I didn’t play 18 holes, only managed two sets of tennis, fell asleep before my 100m… πŸ™ I have dipped my oars in the water and ridden a prancing pony though this weekend…

The troubke with the Olympics is always that I get sucked in and am then left bereft when it ends!

I am so glad to see everyone still here. You are all an inspiration. I am doing great staying at my goal weight, to day was my first fast since May. It felt really good. I am back at work after a few months. You

Welcome back Sarah,
    I am very impressed that you have stayed at goal without fasting since May. I dream of such a situation. No gain for me today but no loss either. Stuck fast. We will see what tomorrow’s fast brings.
    Alarm has just gone off so I need to get going, early dog walk and watering to do before bowls. At least not much time free to eat today should be able to manage 19/5 without any worries.
    I have managed to deal with numerous nasty mosquito bites without medication which is a first so my immune system must be improving, great news.
    Still using Avon Skin so soft as an insect repellent, working quite well on exposed areas. Probably need to use it all over as they bite through clothing, obviously they love my smell. More garlic needed in my soup might help.
    Watched the Olympics until midnight last night, Laura Trott was awesome in the Velodrome.

Hi woke up this morning to my first ever fasting day !
    Off to work now bit worried about all the cake and chocolate that will be around the areas especially later in the day when the hunger pains kick in !
    Anyone got any tips ? How did all of you overcome them at the start ?

Morning/evening all,

Another lovely morning β˜€

Hi Kitty and welcome.
    If you really want to lose weight you’ll find the self control to ignore the cake and chocolate. Have a huge glass of water and/or a hot drink and tell yourself that you can have some tomorrow.

Off to the gym this morning and then back home for my daily dose of Olympics.

Kitty,

I decided to go sugar/cake free when I started fasting. I knew sugar/ refined carbs was part of the problem so just turned my back on added sugar for four months. Now I mostly restrict sweet ‘treats’ to weekends only. If you cut out added sugar completely you start to find that you no longer crave added sugar, and then cake in the office won’t even tempt you.

However, if you aren’t prepared to take that step (and I guess you’re a bit of an addict from your post?), just remember that no food is prohibited on 5:2. You can have cake tomorrow if you want, just not today. You’re going to have to exercise your willpower, I’m afraid! But if today is hard (and it’s all in your mind!), it does get easier!

Also, plan ahead. If you think you’re going to cave in later then make sure you have a healthy snack to turn to instead.

Welcome Kitty,
    Read the Michael Mosely books for advice and plan your food. I always carry a bottle of chilled tap or sparkling water. If you find snacking difficult at first eat carrot sticks. Drink a hot drink, tea or coffee every hour on fast days. You could use My Fitness pal to record calories and exercise. Walk 10,000 steps daily if you can manage it. Good Luck

Fasting just requires planning.
    We are on day 5 of a 2 week road trip. We always travel with salad makings to allow no excuse for “slipping” during a fast.
    Today…24 hour fast followed by a small packet of smoked salmon, lettuce, capsicum, carrot, sauerkraut, a tom thumb tomato, followed by a little unsweetened full fat yohurt, a few almond slivers and blueberries. Washed down with soda water and, later, black coffee. We ate off our picnic set in a tiny motel room, and washed up in a container I have brought. Nothing fancy, but an utterly satisfying fast meal, ready in minutes.
    When we move on to our next destination, our box of supplies and our salad makings come with us. Always prepared.

Canoeing with platypus, watching blue wrens and fruit bats, dive bombed by nesting magpies, wandering along a babbling stream in dappled light, listening to a stunning organ played in a wonderful historic building, sitting out in the bush painting the scene, even getting a tick in my skin … all part of the wonderful experience of travel, without guilt. P πŸ˜€

Hello,
    Purple you road trip sounds so exciting and healthy on the go πŸ™„.
    I hope I can put my senses together this week! I am fasting today. Last week my real problem was NFD slipping into non healthy options and loaded calories.
    Had water now back coffee
    Have a good day everyone πŸ’‹

Hi everyone,

Purple your road trip sounds wonderful.

My second FD is going well and despite going to the gym this morning and then going straight out again to run a couple of errands, I’ve not felt hungry. I’m enjoying a huge mug of coffee and once it is finished clear fluids for the remainder of the day.

I got some cropped trousers very cheaply in a sale today. I bought two pairs in black and navy so they’ll go with all of my tops. They are lightweight linen, loose fitting in the leg and will be perfect for my trip to Myanmar where knees need to be covered in temples. They’ll not take up too much room in the bag either. I love a bargain 😎

HCB, I’ve had a few weeks of eating too much of the wrong foods on NFDs and my extended fast has put me back on track. Fortunately I don’t have to cater for anyone else so I can banish temptation from the kitchen. My fridge is almost empty at the moment which helps. I hope this week s goes well and you are able to resist πŸ™‚

Hello all,
    I have been reading but not posting much as things a bit hectic. Younger son (who is getting married in 6 weeks) tripped over the puppy on the stairs in the middle of the night last week and has damaged his knee badly. As he cannot drive and his partner works, I have been taking him for various appointments. Hopefully nothing really serious, (MRI yesterday as pain and swelling still severe), but badly strained lateral ligaments and micro fracture of lower end of femur. I am confident all will heal with a zimmer splint, crutches and rest – the docs and physio say minimum 3 weeks. Thank goodness it was not his neck! The trick is going to be stopping him going crazy sitting around for that long, Netflix is helping at present…..

Its been easy to fast being so busy, I have also not eaten til dinner time on non fast days. I think my tummy has gotten sensitive with being so empty for so much of the time though, very gurgly whenever I eat and not hungry at all. Maybe its some sort of anxiety thing – the older son’s bub is due in four weeks, so maybe my sub-conscious is in overload!!! Curious though, I have never had a sensitive tummy. Maybe its never been empty long enough!

Glad to read everyones news though. I was so pleased for you to see Andy win the tennis Amazon. I was sitting in a waiting room (cant remember which one – been so many, all with Olympic telecasts on!) and watched a replay of the last bit. What a year he has had! Your trousers sound perfect, love anything in linen.

Also lovely to read of Jo and Wiwi getting together, boy you get around Wiwi!! And your pics on facebook show an incredible shrinking Wiwi, congratulations on that! You and Purple are our two star fasting travellers! (or travelling fasters?)

Its late here so off to bed….

Hi Nama,
    Life just bites you in the bum on occasion, you really have a lot on your plate. Thinking of you and wishing your son a quick recovery. Hopefully the birth will go smoothly too. Lucky you more Grandchildren.
    I lost the Ladies Bowls Championship today 21/16 to last years champion. It was a great game, hot but friendly. Still have one singles and three pairs competitions to go but tough games.
    Off to gym now for s long swim in the outdoor pool, heaven. It’s so hot here today, Phew!
    Had egg salad for lunch and planning just fruit for dinner.

Nama what an awful situation with your son! I tell my husband and everyone else coming to the house watch out so they don’t trip on Sasha. Hope you son feels better.
    Thanks Amazon! It’s nervous eating brain… It’s gonna go back to mental clarity soon.
    I am in the US now for 21 years and I haven’t experienced such a hot summer like this or it’s just me being overheated lately lol.
    Question – when it’s really the right time when you start counting the beginning the a Fast. Is it when you start or finish eating. It sounds silly but my eating affair started yesterday at 6pm and the time the sweets were coming by was about 9:30. Just thinking 😱 so I can open my eating window today.
    See you later.

HCB, it should be from when you finish eating.

Nama, sorry to read about your son’s injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

A rumbling/gurgling tummy is usually a sign of emptiness so I would imagine that yours is a result of whatever you’ve eaten chasing the air along!

Andy came through a very tough final to defend his Olympic title. It was a thrilling encounter with lots of high quality tennis from both players.
    I like del Potro and am very pleased to see him finally recovered after such a long time out due to injury. He said afterwards that it was the best week of his life and I guess that is because he is so relieved to have come through six matches playing so well and remaining fit πŸ™‚

Andy has had a wonderful year so far and I’m hoping it continues. Only 2 weeks until the US Open starts.

Purple your post is a ten IMO brilliant in detail awesome in planning and execution Mr P is indeed a lucky man retirement and keeping busy are very important keys I have many catch phrases that I use shamelessly and often I do drive my family crazy with them (part of the joy of being Dad) Nama so for your sons unfortunate slip trip and fall I would have said β€˜that is not ideal’ πŸ˜† and your medico write up most impressive and of course I have no idea what it is all about much like Amazon cropped pants but hey im still learning. HCB what a delirious idea a food affair great words 3 Β½ hours of it wow you have been very spoilt 😳 eating windows are like sliding doors for me last one in closes the door I have 5 hours 19/5 Purple has many times had 1 hour 23-1 for me the last food in would be the shut off 9-30. We have to have a reasonable adjustment however it is not an exact science but a way of life a fast day for men is 600cal for the girls 500cal if you some variance with in that so be it.
    Peace RT

Hi RT,

Cropped trousers are mid calf length πŸ™‚

Nama’s son has strained the ligaments on the outside of his knee joint and cracked the knee end of the bone that goes from hip to knee which might have happened as a result of straining the ligaments which are attached to the bone.

What a joy to wake up in a strange country town to the familiar chatter of a group of mates. 😊

So sorry to hear the groom is injured Nama. That sort of injury takes at least 3 months. If he knows that and accommodates for it (as in no bungy jumping on the honeymoon) he will get less frustrated. Can you hear the voice of experience here? 😐😐 My bloke went surfing, strapped up with a broken collar bone. It never healed properly.

I love your sliding door analogy, RT. 😁

The trick, I find HBC, is to learn to compress eating sessions into a tight timeframe. Prepare, without sampling, sit and eat the whole meal in less than 1/2 hour, clear it all away, and relax with a coffee in lounge chairs. Getting away from the table takes temptation away. Also, if having wine, pour the glass, put the bottle away and have fresh cold water available for seconds.
    Techniques and planning. Oh, and don’t ever choose cheese, biscuits and bread as “starters”!
    Thinking of moving on today…the guy in the next room was up at 4am. 😣 P

LOL – Purple you are our clairvoyant! This is exactly what happened yesterday from the cheese, drinks, main course and sweets… How do you know? 😱 Thanks for the wise words of experience. You got it so right.
    I wonder if I could do a 2ndFD tomorrow and be over with it. That one single meals is ready to be finish.
    Right now agony at our home! Thunder is torturing our little girl.
    Looking forward to be a loser πŸ‘
    Good night πŸ’€

Three and a half years of 5:2, HCB πŸ˜€
    I hope you survive the storm. πŸ˜ͺ P

Good Morning,
    Having a lay in for an hour as another late night watching the Olympics. The cycling was so tense with false starts and the risk of our best cyclist getting disqualified for overtaking the starter moped. Crazy system. But lots more medals in the pot. Seeing the fitness levels of the athletes spurred me to book some classes at the gym- yoga, kettlebells and ballroom fitness. I rejoined mainly for the pool and use of the gym but Hey ho! It will be interesting fitting classes into my outdoor bowling schedule until the end of Sept. Life will be more relaxed when October arrives although I will play indoors a couple of times per week.
    Fasting today and Friday- planning tea and water only for these, trying to keep strong.
    PVE- I agree that planning is everything, spontaneous events often effect my resolve. I love company but ver few understand or would support your fasting and it’s difficult to ‘not eat’, I usually choose to eat a healthy option, but I have been known to have a glass of wine or gin and tonic too, slippery slope.
    Have a great day Fasters

Morning/evening all,

Another beautiful day, I can’t believe what a good summer some of us are having πŸ™‚

The Olympic action yesterday evening was fabulous from a GB point of view. Our cycling team all performed well in Rio and every one of them goes home with at least one medal. Like our rowers they topped the medal table for their sport. Team GB have already exceeded the medal target set by UK sport which is excellent as host countries often have poor results at the following Games.

The cycling false starts showed up the ambiguity in the Keirn rules and they’ll be changed now so it doesn’t happen again.

Off to the gym again this morning before my daily dose of sport πŸ˜‰

Well I’m a bit tired too today after staying up to watch Kenny cycle. Wow. I’m in awe of our cycling team.

Jo, it is inspiratioal isn’t it? I’m now motivated to get back on my bike. Our local roads are awful for road bikes (which mine is), but I love cycling and miss that feeling of being one with my bike.

I’m also doing a happy dance today. After a couple of weeks of being 0.5kg over my upper maintenance limit, yesterday’s fast and a fasted run have done the trick and this morning I’m 0.3kg under my limit πŸ™‚ I know from experience that a couple of days of being sensible will consolidate that as my new weight, so I’m super-motivated to be good today… Particularly if I’m going to be out and about in skin tight lycra at the weekend πŸ™‚

HCB, I hope Sasha (and you!) coped with the storm. I had a dog who could sense a storm coming long before it arrived and would shake uncontrollably and try and climb in kitchen cupboards etc. Awful to see, but nothing you can do to allay their fears.

Nama, what a nightmare you’ve been having lately! The joy of kids eh?!

Just to confirm, Jo, my discussion re wine drinking was for NON fast days. No alcolhol, only black coffee and water, when fasting.
    My approach to eating every day is what I was describing. We realised, long ago, that weight gain is caused by long lunches and dinners. Changing dining habits makes weight control so much easier. 😊 P

The spirit of the Olympics has inspired many here in the US. Matter of fact the subject was on the news last night. I’ve been watching some game here and there. I love the gymnastic girls. That brings me back when I myself wanted to be just like Nadia Comaneci.
    We won’t have an extreme hot day but warm and overcast and poor Sasha survived again.
    For the first time I am Fasting back to back. There are couple get together coming up this week and I and to be ahead of the game. I woke up very determined and not hungry at all. Lots of water, black coffee and when my window opens I will have miso soup. O had headaches yesterday.
    And the day goes one with always something to do πŸ’‹

Hi
    Back in fasting mode after a lovely Jojo-energized weekend. It’s cooled in France and there is thunder all around this afternoon
    I am trying to do a 60 hour water (and maybe a bit of soup) fast. Sort of jumping on the present bandwagon. So brunch at a friend’s on Friday is the next meal and it’s 2.30pm on Wednesday. 17 hours down, 45 hours to go.
    Lots of posts to read and reply to.
    Sorry about your son, Nama, and not too well-timed. Purple, reminding us about not spending too long at the table is to be noted. What a wonderful holiday you are having too. Canoeing with platypus-Wow. I’m not sure what the plural of platypus is.
    Welcome Kitty, you are in good hands here as there is so much shared wisdom on this thread. My motto is Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow, but never jam today- thanks to Lewis Carroll.
    RT, your sliding doors comments reminds me of the film with that name. When you open the door again, are you a different person?
    Must get this off before the lightning hits the internet router.
    Happy fasting.
    Wiwi

Hi everyone,

Happy, I’ve spent most of my time at the gym this morning contemplating getting my bike serviced and having the tyres replaced with a view to getting back on the road. I have a Raleigh Amazon ( πŸ˜‰ ) which is a lightweight mountain bike. Absolutely no point on going anywhere in London with skinny road tyres unless one wishes to be fixing punctures on a daily basis and as I had to carry it up and down the stairs twice a day I didn’t want a heavy one.
    My problem is the traffic and being knocked off my bike a few years ago on my wayhome from work,and whilst lying in the road with ripped trousers and a bleeding leg having the motorist standing over me shouting and screaming at me rather put me off…..

I’ve been thinking about it on and off since my trip to Cambodia as I enjoyed the bike ride so much and the Olympics has fired up my enthusiasm. My will to live is prodding me and saying give it more thought…..

I decided yesterday that no food was a step too far so had a 350 calorie freezer dinner and then decided to eat a dried mango slice which was my undoing as I ate the whole packet, so rather more than 500 calories but not a disaster.
    My original plan was to fast again tomorrow so I’m sticking to that. I went food shopping on the way home from the gym and bought a nice ripe avocado, salad and some raw prawns which will be cooked with garlic and chilli, so a nice healthy salad followed by some fresh fruit which I’ve not been eating enough of recently.

Time to glue myself to the TV for my daily Olympic fix πŸ˜†

Good evening,
    I haven’t used my bike on the road for 10 years since knocked off it ( deliberately) by a white transit van. I saw the van swerve into me but I had nowhere to go and hit the kerb. Thankfully only bumps an bruises plus damaged clothing. Thank goodness I was wearing a safety helmet because my head hit the pavement hard. It did effect my confidence though, I have only used my bike ‘off road’ since then. I do enjoy using it on bike paths on a nice day, so refreshing, but I don’t go very fast.
    Fast has gone well today but I was very hungry after my swim, I think it was the smells from the cafe. I had three cups of tea on the trot. I am solving it by having a very early night with a good book. Very tired after all the late nights so not sure I will be reading for long.
    We have gales heading for this coast so the holiday is coming to an end. It’s been good, not complaining, very thirsty gardens here.

Thanks for the info Amazon
    Hi Wiwi what a well-travelled soul you are I am sure you all and Jojo had the best catch up yes I have watched that film many times and I well remember John Hannah what an accent he has πŸ˜‰ and Monty Pythons β€œSpanish Inquisition” quip with Gwyneth Paltrow beautiful.
    Going for 24 deg today glorious and bugger me plummeting to 14 tomorrow πŸ˜₯
    Lets get our Thursday fast on
    β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Platypusses (?) is often accepted.. .never platypi (a combination of Greek and Latin). I use platypus, like sheep, genre and media for plurals, Wi.πŸ™„ I wonder if they don’t need a plural as they are solitary animals? πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Regarding pushbikes, we gave ours away when we moved back to Sydney. Just too hilly and dangerous. I also stopped using my surf ski anywhere but still water after being trapped and dragged by the foot, underwater, after being dumped by a huge pwerful wave. Once bitten….

Good luck with your fasts gang…I’ll just go with the flow this Thursday. P ☺

Evening/morning all,

RT, you’re welcome πŸ™‚

It was 27C here earlier and is currently 18C. Terrible storms in France today and the tail end appears to be heading Jojo’s way.

I’ll be getting my Thursday fast on as soon as it arrives πŸ˜‰

Dictionary says platypuses, but platypus for singular and plural makes more sense to me.

I am feeling tired this evening, an earlier night than recently might be in order. I’ll just watch this tennis match……….

Sure Amazon. ..just one match? πŸ˜‰
    I hope Wi is safe.

Definitely just one match, and maybe only one set,zzzzzzz………..

πŸ›ŒπŸ•πŸŒ•β›Ή

All well here, Purple- It’s raining a bit, but not in the storm zone. I see that SE England would be in the zone.

Sleep well downunder.

36 hours into 60 hour fast. Not hungry or tired and weight down this morning.

Happy fasting
    xx Wiwi

Morning All,
    Ended up staying up to watch our girls in the Hockey against NZ. They won their 7 th match on the trot. Incredible. Sorry Barata and Wiwi- your Black Sticks were trying very hard but ours were ‘on the best form’. Next to play Netherlands for the Gold.
    I was tossing and turning all night, very hot even with my French Doors open. Grey this morning, I think I will get out with the dogs early, the older one not keen on storms. I will give her a tablet to relax her, it’s natural medicine the vet recommended, seems to help. HCB- you should try it for your dog! There are several types on the market.
    Gulls are very unhappy this morning, guess they know the storm is coming.
    We had a Water Gala here yesterday, Red Arrows doing an Ariel Show, amazing. Good to see the town so busy.
    Not hungry this morning so I will continue my fast for as long as possible. Playing bowls at 2.30 and 6.30 so I may manage a back to back on tea only.

Hi all

I signed off from the thread when we went away for six weeks. I’ve just had a great time catching up on all your wise posts. Congrats Amazon, on a four day fast. Kudos RT and Purple, you’ve continued to be so self disciplined and are the objects of my admiration. Well done, everyone else. 🌺🌺🌺

Hi Wiwi and Barata, what sportsmanship shown by your Nicki. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Since returning on Saturday, I have fasted on Sunday, Tuesday and again today Thursday. Necessary to reset my appetite, having indulged in every food and drink that was on offer at the various family gatherings. It was fun and a great holiday was had by all. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„.

However, as we all know, we hold the solution in our hands. Aiming to reverse the 4 kg weight gain, in the shortest time possible. Already lost 1 kg, and working on the next. β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Off to watch some Olympic replays. Cheers, Bay πŸπŸπŸŒΊπŸŒΊβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ

Morning/evening all,

Welcome back Bay, glad to hear you had a good time and well done on getting straight back into fasting.

My four days was easier than I thought and I felt much better for it. I’m still struggling a bit but am determined to reach the mini goal I’ve set myself fo my holiday in October.
    I’m fasting today and again either tomorrow or Saturday.I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.
    After some thought I’ve decided to narrow my eating window on non FDs to 19:5. My aim will be not to eat until 3pm as it late afternoon/early evening when the damage is often done so if I can plan a substantial early dinner that’ll leave room for eating something else without blowing my TDEE.

Hi bay, welcome back- your trip sounded great, well done for getting back on to fasting straight away.

Amazon,
    Welcome to my world, totally used to 19/5 now.
    Given up breakfast and lunch, now have trunch( tea-lunch) and dinners Trunch about 4 pm and dinner about 7 pm. Reduces snacking in the evening. Juggle it a bit if company or events.

Basically I have beaten the physical demands of fasting just need to conquer the psychological need to eat for comfort and reward. No matter how much I use my intelligence and knowledge it is not always enough to beat that ‘sod it- I want it and I will have it’. Obviously just a spoilt kid syndrome embedded into my conditioning. Never was good at obeying rules. I often wonder if hypnosis would help.

Nama- Really enjoying swimming daily again( outdoor pool makes the difference)especially with this weather. I should really get a wet suit and swim in the sea.

Weather turned out brilliant again today, storm expected Sat now.

Enjoying a nice relax with a good book (if a little sick- detective story, the Hangmans Song by James Oswald).

Viewing 50 posts - 15,801 through 15,850 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.