Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,751 through 15,800 (of 16,657 total)

• I second that RT….although I now tell everyone that I am fasting to open the conversation and spread the word πŸ˜„ P

Y’all,

Im at the pool breaking my fast with lettuce…tastes as sweet as candy.

I bet 4 day fasters can imagine that.

Isn’t lettuce a fantastic, filling, food?
    Day 4 of my 23/1 fasts. So much easier with this early spring weather…23 and sunny yesterday. No pressure to eat to warm up πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Have already dropped back into comfortable “wriggle room”. P

HCB-That cycle of self destruction is a familiar pattern especially concerning luxury foods like alcohol, chocolate, sweets and cake. It seems to be harder to limit these foods because they make us feel happy. Sadly this is followed by dissapointment and guilt. I heard a woman on my coach yesterday say she would rather be fat and happy than thin and miserable. We have been brought up Hearing these comments and making these connections with feelings. In reality most slim people are happier because they can move easier, wear any clothes and not be publicly critisized for their own lack of self control and ugly rolls of fat. The emphasis in future hopefully will be health not looks.
    Well done Amazon, I too have had a good day but glad to be crashing out now. Goodnight All.

Weird, wrote a note to y’all but dont see it. Im at the pool so ill prob go home n find it still on ipad. One of those days.

6:30pm and 100 degrees. Nice for swimming and this pool is so mellow right now. Everyone already in back to school mode. Not us, we hippie school folks are chillin’. β˜€οΈ

Excited to hear all of your friday successes.

As for me, ive decided Texas has won. We were never cut out for the Texas Tough life. Our grass is a disaster and our house is infested with fleas. Back home, u sneeze n grass grows, and you put a gentle flea collar on your cat snd she is good. 😭😭😭

Weight same. Back spasms better. Tomorrow i fast unless i hold out tonight as im pretty sure ive only had 500 cal as of now. Im not betting on it.

Cheering for you long fasters!

Good Eve/Mor,
    It’s a good idea to remind ourselves why are we doing this! RT you’ve nailed it…I keep my Fast reserved for myself and my husband who totally understand. One time, my SI was here of course for 3 weeks fo be entertained by and it was right early 2015 when I first started with 5:2. One day she turned around and didn’t see food around much and said: “Oh! Today is that day you don’t eat anything!”. I was furious because the fridge had enough food and they were supposed to eat left overs. Never again …it’s my private moment that I call it “my meditation day” πŸ™
    No one can say that skinny women are happier! Some of them look very frail, pail and on lalaland. My/our goal it’s to be healthy.
    Purple the starter is sweet and I want to Utube University to understand more about it.We’ll see
    How are the extended Fasters doing?
    My turn tomorrow πŸ™
    Be good Folks

Morning/evening all,

I got very hungry late yesterday evening but it didn’t stop me from getting to sleep and I’m feeling good this morning.

I have to go food shopping today as I’m cooking dinner for me and a friend tomorrow and I need to prep some of it today. I’m going to go this morning while I’m not hungry 😐

Have a good one everybody 😜

I think if you’re overweight and don’t want to do anything about it, it’s perhaps convenient to believe thin people are miserable?

Personally I wasn’t happy being overweight. I couldn’t reconcile the ungainly fat deposits, and although I wasn’t very overweight it was enough to affect my health and fitness. I like running, cycling and mountain walking and my ability, stamina and enjoyment of all of those activities is massively enhanced for being slimmer.

I think I’m joining the fasters again today, at least for a 23:1/ eat-stop-eat. Even though I didn’t gain much last week and I’ve eaten sensibly this week I’m not as light as I’d like for this point in the week. Maybe last week’s carbs/sugar (even though the calories were burned off at the time) have had a residual effect on insulin/ fat storage? Alternatively I might just be eating slightly too much πŸ™‚

Happy fasting.

Amazon,

I’m in awe of how easily you’ve stepped up to a long fast!

I hope the food prep doesn’t get set your salivary glands working!

Me too Happy. …fantastic Amazon !!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅
    I did 3 x 23:1 days,eat,stop,eat, but at 20 hours today, day 4, I got into serious trouble, away from home, so resorted to a bought bowl of soup. Even 2 large glasses of water didn’t help as I’d left it too long.
    I’m convinced now it was dehydration resulting in lowered blood pressure. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been on this wol, remember to drink HEAPS!
    P

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Wow fast trackers 23-1 eat stop eat 4 day fasts we should all take a bow after seriously polishing our collective halo’s and carry on.!! Young Mr Grace saying β€œyou’ve all done very well” πŸ˜‰
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ddSA9lrkc
    β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Good old “young” Mr Grace!!!

Thanks everyone,

I have to say I’m surprised how easily I’ve adapted considering my struggles over recent months. RT suggested the other day that it might be what I need and he is right.
    I gave myself a good talking to on Monday as I am annoyed with myself for being no closer to goal than this time last year. I had a tough 2015 but that is no excuse in 2016 and it is high time I got on with it.

I have to admit to having a miniscule taste this morning as I was making ice cream and had reduced the amount of sugar in the recipe and needed to ensure it was OK.

I don’t feel hungry today despite going food shopping and looking at lots of delicious goodies. I’ve bought sea bass, samphire (an unplanned but very welcome addition) and wild mushrooms for dinner tomorrow to be followed by ice cream with berries.
    I made a special trip to a fish shop in order to buy fish and I had 4 alternatives on my list, none of which were sea bass πŸ˜† but they didn’t have my top 2 and the sea bass looked fabulous 🐟 I’m going to roast it with thyme,lemon juice and a splash of vermouth. That is something for me to look forward to when I break my fast tomorrow evening. Waiting until dinner will make it 96 hours which I’ll be extremely happy with.

This might sound odd but I’m not really bothered about weight loss during this fast as my intention is to get myself back on the wagon. I do believe I’ve found my mojo πŸ˜‰

Purple, I don’t think a bowl of soup is serious trouble and your choice shows how good you are at managing your eating 😎

Great work Amazon! This fabulous team offered support and advice and you ran with it with great effect!

Re Purple’s ‘serious trouble’ – I interpreted that as feeling unwell due to not drinking enough and becoming dehydrated and hypotensive. But whatever, you are so right, Miss P made a good choice!

Yes Nama. I had major headspins and hit the wall of a toilet cubicle in the city, then it continued until I’d had the soup. I would not have made it safely to the train to get home. A fast dinner tonight and I’m fine. I took my bp at home and it was still low for me.
    Drink penty fasters ☺

And have enough salt so the water stays on board….. thats a bit scary on your own in the wilds of Sydney Purple!

Good Morning,
    I am so happy to hear all the success stories already.
    Well I started with a liter of water then that black coffee and around my 18/19 hour I will take some miso soup if I feel funny.
    The weather doesn’t look good! We had rain last night and now is damp/humid. I can always go on my treadmill.
    Let’s get busy so we can’t think about food 🍞
    See you later

Nama, thanks 😎 and you are right as I misread Purple’s comment regarding being in trouble. Glad you are OK P πŸ™‚
    You are also correct about the advice and support and I feel fortunate to be part of this particular family πŸ˜ƒ

HCB, you need to return to London as the weather here is fabulous β˜€β˜€β˜€

Happy fasting πŸ™‚

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Amazon getting her groove on I like the vibe sometimes you need to be brave be bold even be dangerous and push the boundaries get out of a standard routine and challenge ourselves what a joy to be a spectator on the side lines watching learning and supporting this fast team. Purple I am with Nama here a scary situation you will need to have a survival pack in the handbag perhaps not quite like Bear Grylls but you get the drift ok some visual gorgeousness for us to luxuriate in πŸ˜‰ enjoy!!
    Funny Baby Video only 2.36 minutes out of your day and it is soo worth it !!!
    Here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiws904iuEQ
    Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers
    Peace RT

Hi,
    Yes! We are all doing well Mr Grace πŸ˜‰
    Amazon I wish I had a good girlfriend willing to make that delicious dinner for me!
    This Fast went well and o even felt that I can control myself and have powers. Black coffee, green tea and at least a gallon of water. Big salad, one egg, veggie burger and was delicious.
    I noticed that I didn’t go to many times to the loo. Actually I tried to remove my wedding band but couldn’t. I wonder if all that water wants to move in the middle of the night lolololololol
    Be well there my Friend

Hi All,
    Sorry to hear about you low BP Purple, definitely keep hydrated next time. Soup sounds like an excellent idea under the circumstances.

Amazon- good effort, sounds as if you are on track now. Tried the salt lick, yuk! Next time I will have bovril. I also did food shopping today, mistake, I wanted everything I wouldn’t usually eat but I stayed strong. I have limited trips to my kitchen though, far too tempting.

Weirdly I find long fasts (no food) easier than restricted food. I am an ‘all or nothing’ type of person with food (actually with everything)so it probably suits me.

I am in bed early tonight with a headache, no surprize really, I have been listening to live Folk Music for 9 hours today(all good including a Kiwi and Australian).

I drink every thirty minutes, a full hot drink and sip water in between. I lost count of how many times I had to get up last night or how many trips I made to the portaloos at the Festival Tent. My boss even asked if I was unwell and needed to go home.

RT- I am not paid, I volunteer as a door person at our local Folk Festival. In exchange I get a free ticket to see everything else when not on duty. So when not dog walking or bowling I am travelling around live music venues checking out bands whilst drinking copious amounts of green tea and sparkling water. It is very tiring but it only happens once per year for a week and I meet up with lots of friends, it’s fun. Last day tomorrow.

I am planning on breaking my fast on Sat evening, pre concert dinner.

Morning/evening all,

It’s a beautiful morning here,not a cloud in the blue sky 😎

Friday already, where does the time go????

So I survived without food since Monday evening and to be honest it wasn’t difficult. I didn’t feel weak, faint, dizzy or unwell in any way. Taking salt makes a difference as it definitely prevents headaches.
    Keeping busy is really important too, and I was in the right frame of mind to do it.
    I don’t know if I would be able to do it without your support as it really helps to talk to people who understand IF.
    Not eating at all is definitely easier than counting down the hours until dinner, so that might be the way forward for future FDs.

I’ll definitely do another extended fast, maybe copy RT and do it once every 3 months πŸ™‚

Where is Nicky? πŸ˜•

I am so looking forward to my dinner πŸ˜„

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Morning All,
    Much rested and full of energy today.
    I have realised I never wake up hungry anymore, this is a significant change. It used to be my first priority in the bad old days, get up and eat, sometimes even before getting dressed. I think longterm 19/5 cured that scenario. I used to change my window about to suit my plans but rarely ate before 12 because my weakness times are evenings. Mostly the window was 4 pm – 9 pm.
    Weather overcast but dry and warm so perfect for a long walk this morning.
    Have a great weekend everyone, can’t wait for my guests to arrive tomorrow, better get some cleaning done today.

β€œI know there’s no obligation, but the full health benefits of fasting aren’t realised by 24 hour fasts. If I want my body to eat itself and be renewed I’m going to have to bite the bullet (or at least chew on thin air :LOL: for three days at some point…”

Happy this made me laugh out loud you’re a good egg (If I want my body to eat itself) quality words πŸ˜‰

Ok team 4 day fast is done some points of interest and observations
    1) Not in the slightest bit hungry whatsoever nor interested in or thinking about food at all.
    2) Way more energised and focused.
    3) Needing less sleep and wake up bright as a button.
    4) Normal rise time 3-45am in bed at the latest 9-30pm went to bed at 11-30pm last night awake before alarm ready to bring the magic to life.
    5) Do feel as though I could go on with ease but would need to hook the van up and do a runner for a longer fast πŸ˜‰
    6) The longer I go the easier it seems to get or it does not get any tougher but just roll on.
    7) Tuesday -1.1kg
    8) Wednesday -700g
    9) Thursday – 800g
    10) Friday – 600g
    11) Back to 19/5 and a Mon/Thurs. fast for maintenance I have some fresh farm eggs ready for a 3 egg cheese omelette with leeks and mushrooms to break – fast for dinner. Nowhere near as glamorous or MasterChef like as Amazon that indeed sounds simply stunning and orgasmic enjoy well deserved!!
    β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Well done gang. 🍾🍾🍾
    Mr P are on the road looking for somewhere exciting to eat the first “normal ” meal since Sunday.
    Back to a good low maintenance weight.
    Have a good weekend. P

Hi Jo,

Your lack of hunger in the mornings is more probably due to your altered diet (lower processed carb and sugar) than your pattern of eating (19:5).

If I eat a big plate of refined carbs in the evening I’m always hungry next morning!,

Hope you enjoy your guests. It’s pretty much the only time our house gets a proper clean πŸ™

So nice to know I’m not the only person who isn’t a slave to housework. Unless a guest is due to ring the doorbell I can always think of something that is more interesting to do. Having said that, I cleaned the kitchen windows and the glass panel in the back door this morning while waiting for my tea to brew as the sunshine highlighted how much they needed it πŸ˜†

RT, your omelette sounds delicious.
    I didn’t start until Tuesday as I had food in the fridge that wouldn’t keep and I wasn’t going to eat that was too good to throw out, so would have continued until tomorrow if I hadn’t already invited my friend for dinner this evening so I’ll definitely be doing Sunday evening through to Friday evening next time.
    I think the second day is the most difficult which is something you mentioned a couple of days ago. I think that is when the body is realising that there is no fuel delivery imminent so it needs to unlock the storeroom πŸ˜‰

I am always hungry earlier in the day if I’ve been eating more carbs.

Time to get moving πŸ™‹

RT,

Your post turned up while I was typing mine…

I am always inspired by your description of the effects of a four day fast. And my mouth is watering at the thought of how that omelette Will taste after four days without food πŸ™‚

Amazon,

That’s the only reason our Windows get cleaned…sunshine hitting at just the right angle and being stood inside to see the grime… But seeing as we’re never in the house when the sun’s shining that happens rarely πŸ™‚

My kitchen window is over the sink and part of my work surface and the inside was as bad as the outside so I did it before I found something more interesting to do πŸ™‚ I know that while I’m cooking this evening my friend will be perched on the kitchen stool chatting and when she says her flat needs a good clean it resembles mine after I’ve done the housework and her windows are always spotless πŸ˜†

I forgot to buy potatoes yesterday so I’ve just been to the local supermarket and bought just enough for tonight. Bearing in mind that I went food shopping yesterday, I also picked up peas and broad beans which both looked really nice and will be used over the weekend. The smell of freshly baked bread caught my attention and gave me the urge to buy a croissant so I turned down the next aisle to avoid giving in to temptation and was reminded that I didn’t have any Parmesan, another OK purchase.
    I have no explanation to offer for the two packets of salted nuts or the beer and I only bought 4 bottles because they were on special…. 😲

I promise not to drink them all in one go πŸ˜‰

Good Morning,
    We had lots of rain last night and thunder to the horror of Sasha. I think today will be hot again and again rain at the end of the day.
    I am very proud of those of you who bravely started and finished you extended Fast. I do truly believe on the health benefit of it (detox). My Fast yesterday went amazingly well! This morning gave myself my reward which is coffee, stevia and a splash of milk.
    Well done everyone and here is the weekend again 😍

Amazon,

If they’re little stubbies I’m sure no one could begrudge you all four… One for every day of the fast 🍻🍻

Hi Guys,
    Broke my fast today as I was presented with the option of watching my husband eat fish and chips at our local pub while we were watching a band, not possible, so I had a beetroot, walnut and blue cheese salad. It was dissapointing but I can live with resisting fried food. RT- That omelete sounds immense, yum.

Best laid plans and all that. Next fast Monday.

I am of course now ravernous, seriously! No carbs consumed at all.
    Guests this weekend but healthy eaters so it will be good.

Absolutely hate cleaning especially when it is boiling hot but I won’t be doing windows, we just go outside to look at the view. Day or night it is pretty spectacular, sea or stars. Not much light pollution here.

God, look at the time, must get ready for my last shift at the performance tent. Think I will give the after party a miss tonight as there will be much drinking. Don’t want to undo the fast effort. Weigh in tomorrow.

Jo,

You might not have made four days, but three days – when you’ve been failing so many one day fasts lately – looks like a pretty good effort to me! Fingers crossed you see some movement on the scales tomorrow to keep you motivated.

You’ve said many times before that your social life and eating out sabotage your efforts. Maybe next time you embark on a long fast you might want to avoid going to the pub and watching people eat 🍀🍟

I’ve done two 24 hour fasts, although not strictly quarter TDEE this week, so I’m hoping to have shifted my slight holiday gain. I’ve had a very inactive week though, I succumbed to a cold last weekend with an unpleasant cough that is toying with becoming fully fledged chesty ☹️ I’m just self medicating… 🍷

Self medicating with fermented grape juice, hmm I must remember that one πŸ˜‰

I’ve had a lovely day. It has been very hot so we walked all the shady parts of Kew Gardens and spent quite some time sitting on a bench under the shade of a huge oak tree. We went to the lake and were delighted to see all nine cygnets alive and well and almost as big as their parents πŸ™‚
    The gardens were heaving with people, so nice to see so many out and about enjoying the summer weather and everything the gardens have to offer.

We were forced to stop at the pub for cold beer on the way home, life is so tough sometimes…….
    I’m surprised it didn’t go straight to my head!
    The sea bass was very good as was the strawberry ice cream served with strawberries cured in balsamic vinegar and basil. Sounds unusual but it was delicious.
    It was the first time I’ve roasted a whole fish and I’ll certainly do it again if I have guests for dinner as it was quick, easy and tasty.

My friend has gone home and I’m catching up on the Olympics with my feet up and a glass of wine by my side.

I forgot to mention that I weighed 7lbs less this morning than before my extended fast. I’m sure that at least half of it was probably water loss and the result of having no food in transit, but I am pleased that the scales have moved noticeably in the right direction.

I am surprised that the things I want to eat the most after 4 days are vegetables and I’m going to have a veggie fest tomorrow, broad beans, peas, spinach, lettuce, herbs. I haven’t decided what to do with them yet though πŸ˜†

I’ll be fasting again on Sunday.

Jo, I second what Happy said about your fast! Well done and to quote someone who I still miss from this thread, do what is doable and keep on keepin’ on 😎

Amazon, so you broke your first four day fast with a beer? I like your style!

Interesting that your body wants vegetables. I guess it doesn’t need sugar now for fuel but it’s looking for nutrients? I definitely think you’re more in tune with your body and it’s requirements when you cut the refined carbs and sugar… I’m down to weekends only for a quick fix now.. but can’t quite kick the habit completely…

Having been pretty uninterested in the Olympics during the build up, inevitably I’ve been sucked in. And tonight I’ve stayed up to watchthe track cycling… Sorry Upsidedowners 🚴🏻🚴🏻🚴🏻🚴🏻 πŸ˜€

I hadn’t intended to break my fast with a beer, but if we had gone straight home, it would have been a glass of wine! I also have to say that it wasn’t my idea to go for a beer but I didn’t argue as I can’t think of a nicer thing to do after a walk on a hot day than sit in a lovely quiet pub garden drinking a cold beer.
    The interesting thing is that anyone would have thought it a dead cert that the beer would go straight to my head but it didn’t.

I am surprised that I am craving vegetables but that is fine by me. I have plenty to choose from πŸ™‚

The cycling was exciting, and I’m now watching tennis, surprise surprise.
    GB are now third in the medals table 😎🚡🏈🏊🚣

Hello,
    Kew Gardens I didn’t go to in London Amazon. It was on our plan but one week in such a big City it’s just impossible to see everything. I am positive is a gorgeous place since we love plants and animals… Next time 😜
    I had a wonderful day today! I was up quite early and since the weather wasn’t cooperating I went on the treadmill (no breakfast) and 1 lap rest and two jogging 😱! Had my overnight soaked mΓΌesli and yoga after words. I am exhausted today.
    Of course Girls I had my little juice as I cooked dinner for us tonight.
    Jo aren’t you glad that festival is over?
    Happy! Next time I feel like there’s a bug around the house I know how to deal with 🍷
    Congratulation losers!
    ❀️❀️❀️❀️ Focus, Focus and Focus

Good middle of the night friends, I am wide awake. Just made a cuppa and thought I would give up trying to get back to sleep, just not tired even though I have been on my feet all day. I did get very cold at the gig tonight, on outside fire door duty for last 1.5 hours, very chilly.
    Well done Amazon, great success on the scales. I am sorry to say I regained each of my long fast losses within a month, lack of discipline on my part. I am sure you can keep yours off. But long term fasting does help me kick the carbs and sugar easier and give me more energy. I really wanted a glass of cider tonight but drinking is forbidden on duty.

Happy- meal out wasn’t planned yesterday. We went out to visit huge craft tents but got distracted by pub garden band then smell of fish and chips. At least I ordered salad. One thing let to another. Last day to enjoy free live music and crowded sunny pub garden. We then went on to play Mini Golf and I won by 1 point. This is very significant because it’s the first time in 20 years that I have beaten my husband in this game. We both beat the course parr too. It’s great to see the young families enjoying the outdoor activities on offer. I didn’t feel bad about breaking my fast, I had another long and busy day planned and was in control of food choices. Well done on sugar and carb restriction, it’s a tough journey but worth it for the ‘feel good’ factor and health benefits after ‘withdrawal period’ effects(these can be vile, headaches and bad moods). I still have long term positive food and lifestyle changes to make and am working on them little by little. Doing what’s doable and trying to cope with frustration of self discipline and mood swings. But mostly I am positive.

Hi Jo 😁
    I’m doing the reverse! Was awake most of the night…painful knee and hip, so have just flopped on the bed for an afternoon sleep. ..something I never do these days.
    Day 1 of our road trip: gorgeous sunny weather..23deg..shimmering ocean with whales.
    Now some shut eye zzzzzz

Enjoy your siesta Purple, hope your painful joints ease soon. I used to suffer constantly but rarely get pain now. Soft bed essential.

Thanks. You curl up again for a couple of hours Jo. πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ😴

Morning/evening all,

I was up until 3am watching the Olympics so have only just surfaced 😳
    Overcast and a bit cooler today and I intend to have a lazy day at home. I have some tidying up in the garden to do and it needs watering. Some of my plants are suffering in the heat so are in need of some TLC.

Jo, I doubt that in reality I’ve lost more than a couple of lbs as the numbers simply don’t add up. What I do know is that my extended fast wasn’t difficult and I should now be able to get through food free FDs with ease. I am going to count every calorie that I eat at home and limit eating out to no more than once a week for the time being. Eight weeks today I’ll be boarding the plane for Myanmar and my plan is to work really hard between now and then.

Purple, I hope you got some sleep and that your pain has eased.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Good attitude Amazon. Long fasts change our perspective on normal eating, don’t they?
    The reality I’ve learnt in the last 3 1/2 years is how incredibly little food it takes to maintain my healthy weight. One could get depressed about all those eating occasions which cannot be, or embrace a new way of eating, make every single mouthful quality and learn to have long periods when other things but food can be social activities.
    I often slip up, but it is all a learning experience.
    I had a nice 3/4 hour snooze this afternoon Jo. Certainly makes me feel much better. Try to get one yourself today to make up for last night. Sleep is an important part of a healthy weight.
    Off on the road again in the morning. P πŸ˜€

Hi Amazon,
    I lost 8 pounds on my first 4 day fast and agree it helps your confidence to know you can succeed. In reality it hasn’t helped my long term success but that’s my problem. You have a goal which does help. The scales of truth have been cruel today, not even a pound lost. This means I have just compensated for mad Tuesday. C’est la vie. I do feel bloated today and am definitely retaining water, probably the heat, another scorcher. I finally got back to sleep at about 6 am for a couple of hours thank goodness. I too watched some Olympics after work last night. Shame about Andy and Heather. The badminton was nail biting though and we got through to the next round beating Korea. I see we got 6 medals in rowing so that has pushed us up the league table, 3 rd when I last checked. America and China leading the way.
    More mosquito bites last night so itching like mad today. They even bit through my trousers to get to bits not covered by repellent.
    Just prepared a nice salad with (posh)French Dressing I bought at a specialist food stall yesterday, low sugar content compared to supermarket dressings. Went to visit my fishmonger for some nice fresh salmon and King Prawns.

Jo, surely you have 2 minutes to make your own salad dressing?
    Make it in a small jar and you’ll have sufficent for several salads. It’ll taste far superior to anything you can buy and keeps for ages.
    And why does French dressing contain sugar……

I was feeling very bloated and out of sorts last week. I feel so much better now and am keen to stay this way.
    A big salad is on the dinner menu with a mixture of raw and cooked veggies, avocado and soft boiled egg.
    I have lots of delicious strawberries for dessert which I’ll have with a small scoop of my homemade strawberry ice cream.

I bought some amaretti biscuits as part of yesterdays dessert. I had to buy a huge packet and only needed 6. I hate to throw food away but the remainder are in the bin.

I don’t even have on minute today and I didn’t want to ruin the salad. I have had some disasters in the past. I am not at home in the kitchen like you. In fact I am not very adventurous at all with food. I cook fish and veg plus the occasion caserole or curry, that’s it!

Now I can tell you that my guests are the lovely Wiwi and partner. We are having a few days together boosting each other’s fortitude and having some fun.

Happy Days!

Awww! Jojo and Wiwi πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ this food sounds delicious to me.
    We are experiencing horrible heat here. I was easy out to get my walk. It’s just brutal.
    Gave Sasha a bath and when her hair is a little dry I’ll trim her bangs.
    Hubby is catching up with the olimpics.
    ❀️

Hello everybody.

Oh dear, not only did I not lose any weight last week but I’ve actually gained a pound! Maybe it was the big meal I had at a restaurant on Friday, three courses including a pudding that I still feel guilty about. Must try harder.

Hi Jim,

It’s disappointing not to see a loss on the scales, particularly when you’ve been doing so well. But one day’s weight is only a snapshot in time and can be influenced by all sorts of factors. The longer-term trend for you is definitely downwards, and that’s what matters.

It sounds like you’ve got the right attitude though, using your lack of weight loss as a motivation to renew your efforts.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,751 through 15,800 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.