Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,651 through 13,700 (of 16,657 total)

• Good to see your spirits lifted, Jo. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Excellent Easter Sunday here…egg hunt for the littlies, swimming and games for the adults. A lovely family day.
    Hope everyone else is enjoying their Easter. P

I lost 7 lb in my first week but my husband put on 2lb. How on earth can that happen? He ate very little more than I did
    I am delighted with my result btw but I am doing this for him

Very rare result Skin, perhaps he is eating too much on non fast days, well done you though

Hi Skin
    Remember judging how you are going, weight wise, depends when you weigh yourself. A glass of water weighs 250gm. If you have 2 glasses, you will weigh over a 1lb more. If you weigh in the morning, after urinating, you’ll be lighter. If you haven’t had a bowel movement for days, you will be much heavier.
    These are the reasons why weight gain or loss has to be looked at over a longer period and, ideally,recorded frequently.
    No mystery. Just remember you are dealing with a living organism not a machine. Cheers Purple โ˜บ

I also lost four inches round my middle but I am not daft. I presume most of it is water. It is a good boost at the start though. Husband and I ate the same basically. Maybe he go two poached eggs instead of one but I think I now know the problem. I had forgotten to tell him to stop drinking diet fizzy drinks. Another good reason to join this 5:2 world. I am actually enjoying my warm water with apple cider vinegar too.
    Thanks again peeps.

Hello EFBโ€™s Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Morning fast friends very dull and over cast and cool here I got around my walking track without getting rained on so thatโ€™s good 10120 steps in the bank and a zero calorie day planned I am looking forward to reading a Nicky novel shortly to just saying ๐Ÿ˜‰
    โ€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once startedโ€

Peace RT

Hi all,
    Clouds have not got to the Jamieson Valley yet RT, still lovely. I am sitting under a tree watching husband wield his chainsaw, clearing some fallen gum trees from the roadside. Its a bit noisy but I never let him go out alone with a chainsaw! There is a paddock opposite full of gorgeous cows and calves, I bet they are annoyed at the disturbance. I am sure it will soon be open fire weather though, this sunshine can’t last!

We had the best family dinner last night. My brother and his son-in-law buried two camp ovens in the ground with coals all around them. There was a piece of beef plus potatoes in one and a piece of lamb with carrots in the other. Eaten on the verandah with millions of stars overhead and a glass of red in hand, heaven! We are in the town so dont dig holes for our BBQs but my brother has 6 acres out of town on the side of a mountain, very spoilt for choice we are!

I hope everyone’s Easter has been as relaxing as ours. Fasting today because it is Monday, what a creature of habit!

Morning/evening all,

I’ve had a restless night due to a storm that started yesterday evening and hasn’t abated yet. Very high winds and the rain lashing against the windows, the wind howling and dustbins etc being blown around all night! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    It is dull, wet and still very windy this morning and I have no intention of going out in it so it’s another day relaxing at home.
    Typical Bank Holiday weather ๐Ÿ˜’

Nama, your weekend sounds lovely and I bet that meat tasted delicious.

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Nama- sounds wonderful. Sadly the weather overnight has been very extreme, no sleep possible, too noisy. Gales and rain of epic proportions. The shed door has been crashing, panels have come out of the greenhouse, my newly planted pots are all over the garden along with debris from other gardens. It’s a mess. It is still very windy so I am not braving the clear up yet. I see Amazon got hit by it too.
    Luckily I have indoor jobs planned today. Removing the old bathroom tiles and sorting some papers plus some washing.
    My fast didn’t go according to plan yesterday as we had unexpected guests who were visiting the Spring Fair and popped in because they were fed up with getting rained upon, so I will try fasting again today. Another great win at bowls yesterday but I didn’t win the prize of ‘kippers’ in the Charity Raffle, shame I love them grilled with a little butter.
    I loved my new colouring pens that I got for Easter, the nibs are very fine, should get some excellent results with them. Watching the whole series of Northern Exposure again, haven’t seen it for years, it really challenges your thinking about normal life as it is set in Cecily Alaska.
    Enjoy Bank Holiday Monday everyone.

Jo, sorry to hear that all your efforts in the garden have been undone by the weather. My garden is small and sheltered so apart from a couple of stray empty pots from next door and my potted Christmas tree being blown over everyting is fine. It is brightening up now but I’m not going out as I’m still coughing like mad and not feeling my best.
    I’m hoping that there’ll be an improvement tomorrow as I plan to fast and go to the gym. I’m determined to go 3 times per week for the next few weeks as I’m missing it and it makes me feel good.
    Five and 1/2 weeks until I go to Rome and I want to be as fit as possible and have reached my mini goal that I set. 10 lbs to go.

For once I don’t have any chores to do as everywhere is clean and everything is in it’s place.

That won’t last………………………… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Some reason for the last week this thread stopped arriving in my emails…hmmmmm

Short note: after fixing my errors that stopped my weight loss I met my 1-kilo per week goal at my weekly weigh in on Saturday. But unfortunately I didn’t reach my goal of 10,000 steps per day but managed to maintain 7,500 steps each day.

1) increased my water intake
    2) returned to ‘correctly’counting my calories…and stopped the self-cheating like not recording my small finger-licking’snacks’ calories, deadly mistake it instantly stopped the weight loss!
    3) increased daily physical activity

RESULT: back on track with steady shrinking body size & less excess weight on my bones. me pleased.

test

Hi Penti,
    Well Done.
    The wind has dropped to 25 miles per hour so I am taking the dogs out.
    I have spent the day chiselling bathroom tiles off the wall. Seem to have removed huge chunks of wall too so I will need a plasterer. Sadly they were put on so badly before we could not leave them or tile over them. Now I see why, the wall was in a very sorry state. Always gets worse before it gets better. Bloody disaster area now Ha Ha! But no cuts on me so I have done well. Goggles and gloves were essential.
    Cleared up the garden but my planting ruined and I can’t get the plastic panels back in the greenhouse without taking the roof off, crazy!
    Fasting has gone well today but really hungry now, only 2 hour until dinner.
    Amazon, I know it’s very frustrating when you want to do exercise but can’t, I am like a caged lion when I can’t get out and about. Making list of jobs to do during convalescence. Gone right off replanting though, depressing, may just buy plugs.

Penti, your post came at the right time for me. I have to do the same of increasing the water intake, learn to count my calories intake and increase & vary my physical activities.

Thanks for the reminder, this is the beauty of this forum. Thanks again!

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Camp oven cooking was Dads favourite and reading your Easter experience Nama with hubby and chainsaws nosey cows and calves eating dinner on the verandah under the stars with brother and family it doesnโ€™t get any better than that seriously and a glass a red as my Dad would always say โ€œI wonder what the poor people are doingโ€
    Live life & have fun
    Peace RT

Good morning everyone,
    Sounds like everyone had a good Easter even if the British weather and Storm Katy did hamper our quiet lives. Many people lost power due to trees hitting power lines and lots of scaffolding collapsed. I saw on the news that a tall crane in London was twisted and broken, that will be a big insurance claim. Sadly we lost a big old tree from a local park, uprooted in the 60 mile per hour winds we suffered Sunday night. The damage to my greenhouse and planting seems very minor now, I was lucky it seems. Mind you I do have a large Holly tree I could live without, I am always getting stabbed by dropped spiky leaves when gardening.
    No fast today but keeping to TDEE. Quiet morning at home doing some chores. Sun is shining and its a perfect day for a nice long walk later, may pop in the garden centre for a few plants and some compost.
    Have a great day!

Thank you Tasa, this forum has helped and guided me several times in my quest for a smaller, lighter, more limber, healthy body. I have to say that I’m Over-The-Moon seeing the scales reflect my hard work. And my HUGE but shallow EGO is delighted every time my husband compliments me on my smaller thighs/butt/tummy. I LOVE it! Every single bit of sacrifice and re-training is worth the GOOD FEEL I’m experiencing. Yes, I DID get a wee bit depressed with two consecutive weeks of zero weight loss, but reading some of the comments here helped me redirect my wayward ways back on the right path. The measuring tape and scales always tell the truth, sigh, no BS-ing these 2 badboys!

Had a successful FD yesterday with 480 calories consumed and 5-hours hard work bed-building and giant stone removing type of gardening, drank nearly 3L water.
    As I have another warm sunny’home-day’ I’ll repeat yesterdays FD AND maybe even try again on Thursday…who knows…as long as I feel GREAT and sleep so deeply, why not?
    My goal date to lose 3stone/19kg/42lbs was 23rd of July (start Jan.2016 don’t know the exact start date ’cause I myself messed around so much, cheating ‘n tricking ‘n so on). As of today 1.2 stone/8.1kg/18lbs of FAT removed! Me is pleased with meself.

Stay strong folks and if you fall off the path, just get back on!

New GOAL date: 29th May 2016.

Yessss!!!!Pentimento – the psychological boosts are fantastic and compliments keep on coming!! Well done!!

keep giving yourself mental ‘pats on the back’Pentimento – and anyone else for that matter – it works!!!
    Especially if there are none coming from other directions!
    That’s what has worked for me – the twice weekly pats on the back when I stepped on the scales were sooooooooo important for me last year!!

Great work Penti
    It gets harder as you progress but sounds like you have the right mindset,

Thanks pen nib……I’m a very lucky person as I get lots of encouragement in the way of compliments from my OH…but the scales and tape measure are the most powerful tools of encouragement. What did you achieve these last 12 months, if you don’t mind me asking?

jojo WHAT? WHHHAAAAAT? It gets HARDER? REALLY? God be merciful and give me strength.

Penti,

Jo’s only speaking for herself/ generalizing wildly.

It certainly didn’t get any harder for me, and it’s as easy now to lose weight (at 59kg) as it was (at 72kg).

So long as you accept that as you shrink you need less food, and keep carbs and sugars at a reasonable level, you’ll be fine!

Hi everyone,

I had a good morning at the gym ending with a nice swim and I feel so much better for it.

Five minutes after I got home a host of black clouds appeared and we have hail but in the distance there is clear blue sky. Typical spring weather ๐Ÿ˜†

FD for me today. I thought I would be really hungry after three days of slightly indulgent eating including bread and HCBs but I’m not which is a blessing.
    I’ve made a shepherds pie using leftover roast lamb and it had a potato and cauliflower mash topping. There is enough for 4 FD dinners so it’ll see me through to the weekend as I’m going for 4 consecutive FDs this week.

Penti, I agree with Happy as it hasn’t got more difficult for me either although I’ve had some willpower lapses here and there.

HappyNow…you lost 13 kilos REALLY? nice to hear. Yes, I have already noticed that I eat much less in actual volume now all the time and nowadays carbs are mindfully consumed and NEVER after 5pm unless I’m planning some kind of cardio exercise after supper which is unlikely. For me it’s just to STOP cheating a little bit here and there and telling myself it’s AOK…..only me’n the fridge will know….but not true! So do the scales and the measuring tape know…and God only know what else knows…the spoon too maybe?

Hi all,
    RT I think your father and mine went to the same school – my dad was always using that line “I wonder what the poor people are doing” !! I wonder what our kids will remember about us!
    Wow the storm you have had in the UK sounds like a ripper – I am glad no roofs were blown off! I am glad you were well enough for the gym and a swim Amazon, some good chest physio for your cold. The Shepherds Pie sounds yum – lucky shepherds! I had a lovely swim today, helped the fast day to keep busy. Then a painting class tonight, I thought I had turned into Jojo for a minute, all that activity!!
    Well done on getting back onto the horse Penti, you will reach your goal I am sure. I did laugh at your comment re who/what knows when you cheat a bit…you, the scales, the tapemeasure, the fridge and the spoon – maybe also all of us on here!! But of course the main person is yourself isn’t it?

Penti,

Can’t help with the fridge, scales or measuring tape… but I’ve got just the spoon for you!

http://www.ladedaliving.co.uk/product/calories-dont-count-on-this-spoon/

Penti and Happy

What about the runcible spoon (ร  la Owl and Pussycat)?
    XX Wiwi
    PS RT and Nama, what does the camp oven look like?
    How do you heat it underground?

Answer for Pentimento’s question – Since February 2015 I have lost an average of one and a half to two lbs per week with the odd ‘blip’ but been determined to ‘keep on track’. so the result is amazing – I’ve lost over 5 stone and I am 15 pounds away from my goal weight – I want to have ‘nil’ spare tyre around my hips and wear size 12 skinny jeans!! At the moment I have got a nice new size 12 jumper which is definitely NOT sloppy to disguise the curves – instead it shows off my trim figure!! Weight has come off from the top downwards so my hips have been the slowest to show benefit! I’m down to size 14 jeans however (from size 20 no less!!!) and I’m going to get them professionally altered to size 12 so that I get sufficient value out of them!! They are already a bit loose and I have to use a belt to ensure snug comfort! Oh the joys……………………!!!

Pen nib,

Wow! What an achievement! You must be one happy and proud lady ๐Ÿ™‚

I too found the weight left my hips and thighs last, but I think that’s probably true of all pears!

pen nib, you have done really well and I’m glad to hear that you are patting yourself on the back for what you’ve achieved so far.

The last bit of excess weight always seems to be in the area we most want to lose it from. Mine is all sitting on my tummy and I can’t wait to be rid of it.

pen nib…OMG you are SUCH an inspiration for me! YES YES YES..
    I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty, I feel pretty, and witty and gay,. …hmm was that song from Westside Story? or?
    HappyNow yes this is a really cute spoon…but these spoons ALL know WAY too much about my private kitchen life!

Kia ora Wiwi I LOVE the runcible spoon this is just MY kinda cross-over food-scooper.

Back2back FD today PLUS huge increase in exercise: 4+ hours hard gardening then nearly 9,000 hill walking steps (reducing my time each day I walk) But came in the door DAMN HUNGRY and yes, I ate, but dear sisters, I did not eat too bad…
    fast grab into the pot and ate 2 spoonfuls of mashed potatoes, slapped onto 2 crackers to hold the mashed potatoes, nearly choked, swallowed a leftover half tomato sitting on the counter, ………then danger; I opened the fridge door and scanned with my beady little raptor-eyes all the goodies, cheeses, chorizio, salami, ahhhh …but… I resisted. Then (yes I am very loving wife) I made my OH my very best most favorite toasted grilled BLT with onions, melted creme & cheddar cheeses sandwich and I DID NOT TAKE A BITE per usual. (This style of sandwich is a perfect example of how I got fat in the first place…) I had to leave the room while he ate so I just made myself a large mug of yummy fresh herbal tea with honey and drank NO alcohol…just ONE drink (for me) leads to a salty food binge! Not to mention more drink. and of course then I waste all the work I put into the Fast Day…
    I have confessed my sins.. End of day calorie count 510…I’m OK with that count. Thank god its 20h30 and the need for food has finally faded…
    Sometimes it’s really not easy (at all) to stay focused and disciplined is it?

Hi Wi
    A camp oven is a large round cast iron lidded saucepan (also known as a Dutch oven), which you can use above the heat of the fire or nestle into the coals. Great for roasts, damper, stews when camping in the cooler weather. ๐Ÿ˜Š P

Hi Fast Trackers
    Thanks Purple I have nothing further to add to the camp oven explanation except to say the flavours and smells when mixed with the great outdoors and a fire equal peace serenity and tranquillity
    Great reading here IMO
    http://www.precisionnutrition.com/problem-with-calorie-counting-calories-in

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/problem-with-calorie-counting-calories-out

Happy Hump Day
    RT

Checking out for a while as I have a lot going on here.
    Be back post surgery in about one week( hopefully)
    Keep up the good work everyone

Thanks for the links RT, great reading.
    Good luck with your surgery Jojo, hoping it all goes smoothly. You won’t know yourself when it is over!

Will be thinking about you, JoJo:
    All the best and looking forward to seeing you bouncing back.
    XX Wiwi

All the best Jo. P

Morning/evening all,

Sunshine and blue sky restored ๐Ÿ™‚

FD went well yesterday and another has begun. My plane have changed so 4 days in a row will not be road tested this week as I’m cooking dinner for a friend tomorrow so will do B2B Th/F.

Jo, I hope the operation and your recovery go smoothly. X

Good luck Jojo, I hope this is laser surgery which is less intrusive? Take care of yourself…take time to just relax and rest afterwards.

RT,

Thanks for the links, fascinating stuff! I knew cooking/processing changed calorie content, but potatoes! Wow, nearly doubled by baking?! Luckily I’ve never been a calorie counter…and I don’t think I’ll start now ๐Ÿ™‚

Jo,

I’m sure surgery will go well. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Im struggling, lost focus and my eating is a mess. Would like to go back on track. fast two days with 500 cal on FDs and well maintained non-fast days.

Tasa we all have times when we feel out of control. Find a quiet moment and sit down with a pen and paper. Write down your goals and think of one thing you can do for each goal. You know about 5:2 and that it works. Just think about why you have become derailed and think of some baby steps to regain control. Just writing on here will help you focus, dont panic. There is no urgency, your extra weight did not appear overnight and whatever you have lost won’t all reappear overnight. Just think about things and make some concrete plans. We are all here to help.

Good advice Nama.
    You can do it Tasa. It’s a life change, not a short term, quick fix. Long term changes do take time…but the rewards are enormous. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    There are no straight rails, but a windy, adventure-filled path you need to discover. P

Yes, Tasa, if I, the lazy, self-serving, hedonist that I am, with fat on me poor body for nearly 30+years can do this life-affirming program, well, you can do it too.

No matter how many times you fail just start again…a failure is someone who quits, not someone who keeps correcting and trying again. Like Nama said it took us many, many years to embed these bad habits that allowed us get fat in the first place. You can just imagine that it will take some concentration, time and effort to replace these bad habits with appropriate behaviors. And even MORE time to actually get rid of the excess weight and become limber & healthy again. It took me nearly 30-days from the first day I committed to do this 5:2 lifestyle to actually settle down and Just Do It! I was like a kicking colt being brought in to the corral from the freedom of winter pastures. Funny thing is that it was I myself that was ropin’ meself in and it was I myself that was resisting.

Slowly, after 3-months these food, exercise and fasting choices are starting to feel as regular as breathing in and out. But (just for me) I’ll keep the support here on this forum at the ready as I get weak ‘n wobbly now and then and the feedback is experienced and pretty honest here.. AND I’ve not reached my goals yet!
    Good Luck Tasa!

Nama, PVE & Penti, Thanks! Writing goals is a good idea and 5:2 really works and Ihave done well with it so far. lost 8 kilos and I walk almost everyday. My problem I can’t handle stress and conflicts. My focus gets weak when it comes to multi tasking. e.g. fast, looking for jobs, look after sick member of the family , counting calories. I EASILY GIVE UP one or two of the projects!!!! how to amend that long standing bad habit? don’t Know???

PVE, I like your description of the long, windy adventure filled path. If I deal with the weight loss with this perspective I believe it will get easier.

Penti, it’s the start of the month, I will try to try hard to make this 5:2 a habit for the next three months. Writing my weight loss goals and reviewing them regularly.

Thanks for your support!

Hi Tasa
    One other thing I would like to add. It’s great to be in almost daily contact on this forum. It’s like a cafรฉ and we come in and speak and if we have time we talk a bit more. For me at 25kg down, it’s the daily contact which helps so much.
    If you want to get those annoyances out, we are all happy to support you.

I am going back to France (sort of home) at the weekend. I haven’t been very consistent about FDs recently due to socal life and crossing the world. It will be quite a challenge for me to get back the disciplined way, but I know I can do it. My goal time for the last 10kg is 30 June- 3kg/month quite doable. No more sugar and simple cabs till then. I feel better without anyway.

Today, Nama, I found some celeriac and I am reminded of that amazing restaurant in Melbourne. I am going to have that brunch recipe often – cavallo nero, poached eggs on celeriac. I will give the sourdough bread a miss for the moment, but I am looking forward to choosing what to eat or not to eat, and when.

It’s warm in Rome today. The air even feels warm. I find spring is quite a deceitful season, the sun says I’m warm, but the wind attacks and cools the air. I can’t say it in English, but the French say: le fond de l’air est froid ( the back of the air is cold?) we obviously came back to Europe 3 weeks too early!

Happy fasting.
    XX Wiwi

Wiwi, there is a very old saying here in the UK,

Ne’er cast a clout ’til May is out

It means don’t take your winter clothes off until the May tree is in blossom.

It is lovely here in the sunshine, but unless it is possible to get out of the wind it feels very much like winter :brrr:

Hi Fast Trackers
    This is for Jojo Tasa Emel AO and whoever else is having a bit of a silent struggle right now you will know who you are. And for the girls who make up the international fast forum Enjoy.
    When God created woman he was working late on the 6th day…….
    An angel came by and asked.” Why spend so much time on her?”
    The lord answered. “Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?”
    She must function on all kinds of situations,
    She must be able to embrace several kids at the same time,
    Have a hug that can heal anything from a bruised knee to a broken heart,
    She must do all this with only two hands,”She cures herself when sick and can work 18 hours a day”
    THE ANGEL was impressed “Just two hands…..impossible!
    And this is the standard model?”
    The Angel came closer and touched the woman
    “But you have made her so soft, Lord”.
    “She is soft”, said the Lord,
    “But I have made her strong. You can’t imagine what she can endure and overcome.”
    “Can she think?” The Angel asked…
    The Lord answered. “Not only can she think, she can reason and negotiate.”
    The Angel touched her cheeks….
    “Lord, it seems this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her”
    “She is not leaking…it is a tear” The Lord corrected the Angelโ€ฆ
    “What’s it for?” Asked the Angel….. .
    The Lord said. “Tears are her way of expressing her grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her suffering and her pride.”…
    This made a big impression on the Angel,
    “Lord, you are a genius. You thought of everything.
    A woman is indeed marvellous”
    Lord said.”Indeed she is.
    She has strength that amazes a man.
    She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens.
    She holds happiness, love and opinions.
    She smiles when she feels like screaming.
    She sings when she feels like crying, cries when happy and laughs when afraid.
    She fights for what she believes in.
    Her love is unconditional.
    Her heart is broken when a next-of-kin or a friend dies but she finds strength to get on with life”
    The Angel asked: “So she is a perfect being?”
    The lord replied: “No. She has just one drawback
    She often forgets what she is worth.”
    Peace RT

RT, I feel so privileged to be on your mailing list. Hope your day goes well. Cheers, Bay

Viewing 50 posts - 13,651 through 13,700 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.