Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,701 through 13,750 (of 16,657 total)

• Thanks RT 😊

Lovely RT, thankyou. I am sure we could write something just as nice about blokes!!

That brought a tear to my eye, thanks, RT.

Today’s FD blown with an Indian meal, we have just been out to lunch to say goodbye to several members of staff. Tomorrow all change, one section of the firm is pealing off, and we merge with another, so exciting changes.

It’s another beautiful autumn day here, but I will be happy to see tomorrow night’s forecast rain as it is getting dry again. We have only had about 45 mm since mid-January.

So we didn’t change our flag. I am disappointed at the result, but it wasn’t unexpected. Now more years of being confused with the Aussies. πŸ™

Seen a wall in Hahndorf, “If you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything. ”
    There’s something in that for all of us. 😊

RT,

That was lovely. But what a lot of pressure trying to live up to it πŸ™‚

Hi everyone,

RT, that was wonderful but I must admit that while I was reading it I was trying to work out the punchline πŸ˜†

It’s a lovely day here and I’m off to Kew later. I’ve bought some new walking shoes so I shall be road testing them.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    1. When his 38-calibre revolver failed to fire at his intended victim
    during a holdup in Long Beach, California, would be robber James Elliot
    did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and
    tried the trigger again. This time it worked…..
    And now, the honourable mentions:
    2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting
    machine and, after a little hopping around, submitted a claim to his
    insurance company.The company suspecting negligence, sent out one of its
    men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and lost a finger.
    The chef’s claim was approved.
    3. A man who shovelled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car
    during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his Vehicle to find a woman had
    taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
    4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver
    found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from
    Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the
    driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free
    ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the
    staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre
    fantasies. The deception wasn’t discovered for 3 days.
    5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head
    wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the
    injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close
    he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.
    6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter,
    and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cashdrawer, the man pulled
    a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly
    provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20
    bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the
    drawer…$15. (If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a
    crime committed?)
    7. A thief burst into a Florida bank one day wearing a ski mask and
    carrying a gun. Aiming his gun at the guard, the thief yelled, “FREEZE,
    MOTHER-STICKERS, THIS IS A **** UP!” For a moment, everyone was silent.
    Then the sniggers started. The security guard completely lost it and
    doubled over laughing. It probably saved his life, because he’d been about
    to draw his gun. He couldn’t have drawn and fired before the thief got
    him. The thief ran away and is still at large. In memory of the event, the
    banker later put a plaque on the wall engraved with the words, “Freeze,
    mother-stickers, this is a ****-up!”
    8. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that
    he’d just throw a cinderblock through a liquor store window, grab some
    booze, and run. So he lifted the cinderblock and heaved it over his head
    at the window. The cinderblock bounced back and hit the would-be thief on
    the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of
    Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.
    9. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed
    her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was
    able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes,
    the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove
    back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to
    stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, “Yes, officer, that’s
    her. That’s the lady I stole the purse from.”
    10. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a
    Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan, at 5 a.m., flashed a gun, and demanded
    cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn’t open the cash
    register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk
    said they weren’t available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked
    away.
    A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER!
    11. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a
    Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at
    the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near
    spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to
    steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home’s sewage
    tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges,
    saying that it was the best laugh he’d ever had.
    I loved number 7 πŸ˜‰
    Have a happy Weekend all you beautiful losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Happy April Fools’ Day, RT. πŸ˜€

Now that I have picked myself up off the floor, RT… Unfortunately the gun tales, although hilarious, are just so sad and true. And as a co-worker says, you can’t teach common sense. No.7 is a beauty.

My weekend started this morning with 22 lengths of the pool. I was the only person there, apart from the lifeguards, for half the time. My Friday indulgence. Then a successful bra and fruit shop with my aunt, watered the garden (promise of rain later, but having watered will be guaranteed) and now down to chasing debtors πŸ™

Interesting image….bra shopping, then chasing debtors, Barata? πŸ˜‰

Uuum.. I’ve run out of energy. Debtor-chasing tomorrow.

My aunt is enjoying great care at her retirement village. I had to rush her back for lunch because they were going to a movie during the afternoon. She’s in the rest-home portion, so only wants a few pieces of fruit and some chocolate bikkies to sustain her between meals – and after the 5 pm supper! But bras were on her shopping list, and she had great personal service from the local underwear shop, came home happy with three to ‘last her days out’. It’s good to get her out, too. πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all,

Another cold but sunny morning. So much easier to get up and out when the sky is blue πŸ™‚

I had a lovely day with my best friend yesterday, we spent hours walking in Kew, and back here for dinner via a beer on the way home πŸ˜‰

FD today and off to the gym again. It’s the first time I’ve managed three days in a week since January and is nice to be back into a routine.

Amazon,

It’s been dull here, and raining on and off since lunchtime. No walk today πŸ™ In anticipation of today’s rain I did my 4 mile round walk yesterday, interspersed with a bit of running to see how my back coped. It doesn’t seem particularly worse today, so hopefully I can step my exercise up a bit.

I hope your fast day has gone well. I know what you mean about having a routine. In winter 6:1 is about right, in summer a very intermittent fast, spring and autumn maybe 10 or 12:1. It’s actually easier to need to fast more frequently!

You couldn’t pay me enough to live in London, but I must admit I do envy your easy access to culture/history/Kew (and a pub on the walk home πŸ™‚ ).

We’ve had a lovely gentle rain overnight here, just over 20mm in the rain gauge, easing off now ready for a barbeque this evening before the clocks go back. A local creature took cover in our shower (photo on FB), and although I tried to put it out it has taken cover on the bottom of the window frame, so I have taken pity and will leave it there until later.

Just about midday now, so time to break my fast with my weekend bacon, eggs, mushrooms….

Thinking of you, Jojo. πŸ™‚

Just had a half date and walnut scone, strawberry and cream with coffee as a Saturday morning treat. Very nice too!
    Despite daylight saving ending tonight, we are still experiencing almost late summer weather… sleeveless dresses and sandals (for me, not Mr P 😊)
    Have a good weekend folk. P

Darn, I was looking forward to a pic of Mr P in a sleeveless (or any other) dress πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all,

Happy,

If I hadn’t been born in London and grown up here it wouldn’t have been my first choice as I am certain that in a past life I was a country girl πŸ˜‰

Walks in Kew have been part of my life since I moved into this flat over 30 years ago and despite the familiarity of the place at some stage whenever I’m walking around I always remember how lucky I am to be so close. I don’t know if you’ve visted but one side of Kew borders the Thames and the Thames path so there are numerous choices for walking almost on my doorstep.

I’m going to Cornwall in June and looking forward to walking along some of the coastal paths. I shall of course be packing my wet weather gear πŸ˜†

The trouble with backs is that once there has been a serious problem it never disappears completely, always lurking in the background ready to cause discomfort and spoil the fun when you least need it. I guess that like me, you’ve learned how to deal with it which doesn’t make it any less of a nuisance, but means we’ve found ways of getting on with and making the most of life despite it.
    My back is almost better but doesn’t seem to want to be 100% yet so I’m just getting on with everything. I’ve been pushing myself really hard at the gym this week and it is sore but not stiff so I’m hopeful that progress has been made. I would really like to start running on the treadmill but I’m not yet confident that my body will cope with it, so I’ll have to continue to be patient.

I love reading this thread, those of us in the NH are eagerly looking forward to warmer weather and lighter evenings, growing food and flowers and getting out in the fresh air and those in the SH are anticipating cooler weather and hoping for rain!

A small meringue with some fruit coulis got in the way of my FD yesterday but I worked out that I only had 800 calories so not a disaster. I shall forego the HCB and butter that was my planned treat today to make up for it.

Despite that small transgression, my new dressing table mirror tells me I’ve shrunk and so do my jeans. I’m looking forward to my next weigh-in.

HELLO EVERYONE! Today is weigh in day and I finally bought my own scales. ONE FULL KILOGRAM OFF MY BODY IN 7-DAYS! Mepleased. I did a 4:3 this week and stayed tight and true on my non-fasting days.

Changes:
    1) I record my calories (including cheating calories).
    2) Consume the correct daily calories
    3) No, I mean NO, white carbs after 5pm
    4) Increased my water intake
    5 Increased my cardio (not that much though, truth be told)
    6) Ate only when I was hungry….now this is radical change for me from a decades long habit of eating for pleasure, eating when i’m tired, eating when really only thirsty, eating for a reward or (my personal demon) eating when I’m upset to sooth meself.
    7) and wore smaller form fitting clothes…this was stimulating my massive shallow EGO I have as I looked better in the mirror.
    8) Finding happiness and satisfaction in my new disciplines rather then making it a chore and challenge…it’s starting to feel like a Way Of Life.

Well that’s the Portuguese update, weather changing today must plant the gardens we prepared as (from My Lips To God’s Ears) it might rain this afternoon. If it does it’ll be the last we get until next October for sure. And it’s market day and all of us in the area shop with our baskets for fresh fish, vegetables, obscure green things that the Gypsy’s pick and sell (tasty), avocados are in season, so are local strawberries and Seville oranges to make marmalade. We might buy some laying chicks today we’ll see. We all meet up at the same old downtown cafe for a quick ‘expat’ catch up ‘n a coffee. It’s nice this casual meeting of women and their menfolk.

Oh on my walk yesterday I went up an old goat trail and found an abandoned house and barn. The last newspaper I could find was dated 1979. The building stamp above the door was 1908. Wow …what was going on in the Algarve in 1908. The roof collapsed in some places, found old matted beds of roses, irises, giant cactus and a room full of rotted straw (melikes for garden), old rotted and rusted metal beds and mattrases, cigarette tins, empty can of hair pomade, tattered magazines, rat nests, a huge stone and brick oven for baking bread outside and inside a sooty walk-in fireplace with giant metal hooks to hold pots. Christ crosses still on the walls above the spaces for the beds. Shallow but very long stone sink in the kitchen with stunning ornately painted tiles ceiling to floor in this room and a scary-deep black watered cistern down under the stone deck just outside the kitchen; Almond and Olive trees surrounded the place. And lots of connected together stone ‘pens’ with 2m high walls, each with one tiny stone covered ‘room’ for the animals to sleep I guess; funny that. I found an old walking stick too. I’m going back today….interesting stuff justforme.

Take care all of you, stray strong and committed.

Just joined the site and finding this interesting. I am hoping to have a decent weight loss to begin with as I am going on holiday in just over ten weeks and don’t want to have to buy a load of new clothes because I have nothing that fits. I would love to lost two pounds a week.
    One request, I noticed on the earlier pages some abbreviations ( such as HIT) and it would be helpful to newcomers if occasionally the full name was given
    Thanks and here’s wishing us all success

We’ve had another 15mm of rain overnight, and the lawn is greening before my eyes. It’s great weather to pull weeds, with the soft soil, and the lettuce seedlings I put in yesterday are sitting up happily. I picked two strawberries this morning to go with my muesli, and there are still a few reddening – in April! The forecast high for today was 21 C, but the thermometer is trying to tell me it’s 26!

Clocks are back, and I had a lovely sleep-in this morning. πŸ™‚

Have a good weekend, all.

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Just back from the hospital gallbladder less, I won’t lie yesterday afternoon and evening were pretty traumatic and extremely painful and I didn’t get much sleep last night either on the plus side I finished my book all 600 pages. It seems I had my gall bladder adhered to other organs due to previous infection plus my bile duct was in very close proximity thereby makin a 30 minute operation a two hour one. I was at maximum level of morphine dosage and still in a pretty bad way in post op. and most of the evening. However this morning I am fine in body and soul, if I don’t bend or lift that is. I haven’t read the post for a while but look forward to catching up later.

Welcome NicaG, tell us mor about your weightloss journey so far. HIT is High Intesive Training as proposed by Michael Mosely as the best form of exercise for improving your calorie burning efficiency and using as little time out of your day as possible. You will need to read his book Fast Exercise to understand it fully but there are several ‘on line’ synopsis articles you can check out. Good Luck and keep posting
    Tips
    Drink 4 pints of water per day
    Record calories on Free application Fitness Pal.
    Record measurements and weight to evidence progress.
    Work out your calorie allowance for non fast days based on your lifestyle, age and weight.
    Cut as many processed foods and sugar as possible.

Hi Jo,

Great to hear you’re home safe from hospital. In my experience surgery is always painful. Thank God for strong drugs, eh?!

Are you on a special diet/ restricted eating?

So glad to hear all went well, if not exactly according to plan, Jojo. Please take it slow with your recovery.

RT, a belated thanks for the Precision Nutrition calories in/out info. Very enlightening.

Hi Happy,
    My very charming Doctor says avoid ‘rich food’ not specifying anything in particular. Luckily I had an excellent Goan Fish Curry on Thursday night (a friend’s birthday celebration) which was sublime and will keep me happy for at least a couple of weeks. Drug wise I am on a mixture of ibuprofen and paracetamol which seems to be working just fine today but hopefully I won’t need them tomorrow. I think the trapped wind in the rib cage and shoulders was an issue yesterday, felt like massive pressure on my ribs, very unpleasant. Big improvement today and I can finally lay flat as opposed to last night ’90 degree only’ sit up option, not too comfy. I hope to get back to fasting Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday this week as my exercise will be very limited, just short walks- about 20 mins daily.
    Getting lots of paperwork chores done and finally getting my photographs from my trip to Australia and New Zealand put into an album.
    Just seen your note Ply- taking it easy I promise, yes that article RT posted was interesting. You really can’t trust calorie count information but what choice do we have? Hopefully we are all now eating healthily anyway. RT thanks for the jokes, although belly laughs not recommended at the moment. Everyone else, thanks for the good wishes.

Jo,

I do feel for you! I’ve experienced that diaphragm/ shoulder pain after abdominal surgery. Most uncomfortable. You’d have thought if they can inflate you, they could deflate you too!

I guess it won’t be too hard for you to avoid rich food. You’re hardly butter/ cream/ saturated fat queen these days!

Good to hear you’ve got plenty of things to keep you occupied while you recuperate. Don’t push yourself on fasting though will you? Listen to your body while you heal.

Hello EFB’s Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Glad to hear you got through the procedure ok Jojo now R and R please for my aussie friends some great games of AFL I reckon the goal and mark of the year and some grand victories for the true believers as well Essendon Collingwood (what a great game) Gold Coast Suns GWS and my boys smashed the power tip top efforts fast day Monday yesterday was the longest day in history with the changeover back 1 hour for daylight savings ok steps done have a happy fast Monday team
    Peace RT

Glad to hear it’s finally over Jo and you can now start on the road back to full health. If you are just conscious of your intake, you don’t have to rush into 3 fasts straight away this week…unless of course you want to.πŸ˜† Remember to do it carefully. Jumping in and pushing yourself too quickly can easily lead to a crash. Embrace a fast, eat moderately afterwards, and see when you are ready for the next. Remember how we set achievable goals for kids so they feel good about their successes? The same applies to all of us.

I agree RT. The extra hour yesterday has thrown us too. And the time to “talk” to the UK is much less convenient now. Ah well. Monday fast day here…P ☺

Hello all,

I have been reading this thread for a while. Started 5:2 in November and have lost 20 lbs so far. Now I seem to have reached a plateau. I combined 5:2 and 16:8 for a few weeks now and I am really happy with it. But the Easter holidays kind of crushed my motivation and now I cannot seem to get back on track.
    I need a serious challenge and so I decided to join Jojo and all of you in this quest. πŸ™‚
    As of today I will try to lose 2lbs per week. This will be my April challenge. I will not weigh in until May 5 and will hopefully see a 8lb loss by then.
    Ok, this just needed to be written down somewhere.

Have a nice day everyone. And Jojo, hope you recover well!

Jojo take care of yourself, ANY kind of surgery or body-intrusion is a shock to the system. Take a full week and completely rest and eat as your body requires. It’s a time for mental and physical healing/rejuvenation.I HATE the pain of the air left inside the body after surgery…icky and annoying

Shaylee: good on you! Might suggest you weigh weekly just to insure you are ‘on track’ and to adjust if needed for the coming week and take your neck and waist measurements monthly (these are the only measurements you really need to take)

Everyone who hasn’t done so yet, perhaps update your profile so we can see where you are in the world and know just a wee bit about you like age group/gender/goals etc.

Rain blessed rain for the day, 15C a bit cold but a good paperwork day and the seeds I planted yesterday are in heaven!

Pentimento, thank you for the input. I thought about a weekly weigh in actually. Maybe it is better. I will see how the first week goes and how I feel about it.
    Will also update my profile. πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all,

Jojo,
    Glad you are home again minus that troublesome GB. Take it easy and get well soon πŸ™‚

FD today and off to the gym soon. It’s good to be back into a routine.

Shaylee, welcome. Weigh as often or not as you please so long as you aren’t avoiding the scales because you’ve over-eaten. The joy of 5:2 is that we can adapt it to suit ourselves, so stick with what works for you.

I’ve only ever measured my waist as I was so upset when I first measured it I couldn’t bear to see how huge anywhere else was. Now that it is less than half of my height I don’t bother any more as I can tell by what someone on another thread called “the jeans of truth” πŸ˜†

Have good one everybody 😜

Hi All,
    Just lost my post, arrrggh
    Welcome Shaylee, good to have new voices in cyber space, I am trying for 2 lb this week. Weight up 6.5 lbs today as full of painkillers and presumably fluids. I usually weigh daily and accept the ups and downs as I am good at ‘taking a day off calorie control’ if I weigh weekly. This last week before surgery was a real bender, family problems and lots of stress do not make for good diet buddies. I wasn’t cooking and relied on sandwiches, and meals out, never a good option. Back to the drawing board.
    Before you jump in Happy, I know I am my own worst enemy. I am a long way from beating this battle with food as a comforter. At least I have learnt to be honest with myself and see my failings, no excuses, it’s a step that needs to be taken for all of us. Sometimes dieting and fasting is not life’s main priority, it’s just another thing to try to cope with at a time when reserves are low. But positive energy is the way forward. Keep fasting, keep walking, keep posting. RT keep laughing.

Jo,

I’ve no intention of jumping in…except! You’ve just had surgery. My advice would be, as others, eat mindfully, aim for maintenance, let your body heal before you throw yourself back in madly πŸ™‚

Hi all,
    Jojo I am so pleased to hear your Gall Bladder ordeal is almost over. Follow everyones advice and just eat sensibly this week and let your body recover. It has had a big shock as well as being under stress for some time with this issue. You are right about being honest about food as a comfort etc, we so need to be honest with ourselves! If I were you I would keep away from the scales until you get off the pain relief and your system resets. You have achieved a wonderful weight loss already, the rest will come off when your life settles down again. The surgery you just had would have been more stressful for both you and the surgeon if you had still been your original weight!!

I just enjoyed a lovely weekend at Jamieson with some old friends. They knew my new eating habits were for real and kindly did not push rubbish at me! We all ate sensibly for three days, then when I came home last night I remembered the chocolate rabbit tucked away…..why did I need to eat it all, when I had been so relaxed and sensible all weekend!! At least it convinced me (when I felt sick after eating it all) that I no longer crave chocolate! But its still wiser not to have it in the house….. So a good swim this morning, plus a good Monday fast to reset! Fasting feels much easier these days, I feel I have definitely formed new habits. Just need to avoid having any rubbish food at all in the house. No excuses until Xmas!!

RT what a weekend of football!! Still enjoying it! Luckily my friends that came away are similarly afflicted, so we watched a game or two in front of the fire.

Welcome Shaylee and good luck. I find I need to weigh daily to be accountable, but if you do you need to remember that weight fluctuates a lot naturally and not get stressed when it goes up. Just try different methods and you will soon work out what suits you. We are all very different. But you sound like you have gotten off to an excellent start. Well done on your Kilo off Penti, you have figured it out!!
    Cheers all x

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I have been on different diets for a while and I still don’t know how to deal with the scales. I usually feel like I have to weigh daily to be in control. But recently I hear more and more people say that it really helped them to stop stepping on the scales that often. I will give weekly weigh ins a try and see how it goes.

Okay everyone, listening and following advice this week. Not up to thinking about or cooking much anyway, diet of soup and eggs I suspect as standing and walking quite painful still, back on painkillers today at least. Missing my daughter who usually nursed me through ill health with a firm hand. A text message from my kids is nice though and my dogs are good company.

Hello EFB’s Efficient Fat Burners
    There really has been a surge of fasting and calorie restriction lifestyle options hasn’t there from DrM 5-2 600cal for men 500cal for women 2x a week Dr Varady EODD a 500cal lunch every other day or 400cal and a 100cal snack to Calorie Restrictions on optimum Nutrition CRONs who are on 50-60% calorie restrictions daily and then the Prof Valter Longo FMD Fasting Mimicking Diet 4 times a year for 5 days
    It breaks down like this: on Day One, the overall diet adds up to 1,090 calories – which must be consumed as 10 per cent protein, 56 per cent fat and 34 per cent carbohydrate. Days 2-5 contain 725 calories each, split into portions of nine per cent protein, 44 per cent fat and 47 per cent carbohydrate.
    And of course DrM new BSD Blood Sugar Diet which Jojo is on and a number of others.
    We recommend starting with stage 1, the Intensive BSD Fast 800, a low calorie diet for up to 8 weeks, moving to stage 2, the more flexible 5:2 BSD (involving 2 days fasting on 800 cals and 5 days on the low carb med-style diet) or straight to the BSD Way of Life if your target has been achieved.
    There are three options, starting with the more intensive BSD Fast 800 (fasting on 800 calories daily for up to 8 weeks). This approach is likely to give the fastest benefit in terms of losing fat and improving your blood sugar.
    Some will choose the more flexible 5:2 BSD, which involves only 2 days of fasting (800 calories a day) and doing the low carb med style diet on the remaining 5 days without having to calorie count.
    But I personally think this is the common driver.
    And
    Why Fasting Bolsters brain power Mark Mattson
    This is a great confirmation of what I have always believed it’s the IF intermittent fasting or the longer you can go without any food rather than the CR calorie restriction that gives all the fabulous health benefits body repair good for longevity and fasting is good for the brain fasting stimulates the production of new neurons from stem cells. β€œneurotrophic factors” and puts you into ketosis so you start switching on those fat burning key tones and is well worth watching I think anyway I have put it up before but do yourself a favour and have another look here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkZAwKoCP8
    β€œHumans live on one-quarter of what they eat; on the other three-quarters lives their doctor.”
    Egyptian pyramid inscription, 3800 B.C.

Eat Fast & Live Longer
    Peace RT

I agree with your conclusion RT. It is the fasting and long non eating periods that allow the body to heal and remain healthy.
    We seem to manage a wide range of foods, mindfully assessing, but not counting, calories, and as long as we do IF, and at least 18:6 regularly, we are sailing!!
    Here’s to IF!!! 😁😁😁 P
    PST It’s only ten to 6 (evening) and I need the lights on! Good grief. 😯

RT I agree that no food fasting two days per week is the best solution along with a healthy small portion diet for the rest of the week. The link is terrific and I never tire of watching it. I am not on the BSD, I did try it twice but it wasn’t great with my gall bladder issues. I may try it again in future, not sure though.

Resting up here, glad to see the sun shining

Hi everyone,

I’ve just worn myself out at the gym but am feeling very pleased at what I managed to do. No swim today as there were 3 people making tidal waves in the pool…… I enjoyed a very nice 10 minutes in the sauna instead which on top of all the exercise gave me a headache despite drinking 1.5 litres water during my workout. I am now guzzling fluids and the headache has gone.

Fasting is for health benefits, exercise is for fitness/toning and calorie restriction is for weight loss, simple really πŸ™‚

Well put, Amazon!
    Interesting about headaches…I was awake much of the night with a roaring headache, which started yesterday afternoon. I presumed it was a reaction to the ‘flu shot yesterday. By 2.30am, I got up and had a full glass of water. Within 10 minutes, the head had settled to manageable. I finally fell asleep for a couple of hours. Dehydration is a powerful thing. 😑 P

Morning/evening all,

Grey, dull and wet this morning which is set to clear soon (she says hopefully)

Yesterday’s FD was tricky and I ended up eating 800 calories, but that is a much better result than failing completely.

Off to the gym again when I can get myself up from the sofa!

Good attitude Amazon 😊
    Sydney has just had the hottest April day ever! Phew!
    Off for a walk in the cool and dark… with mozzies πŸ˜• P

Amazon
    Your comment of yesterday was apt and so true.

Sizzling in Sydney, Purple, while we freeze in France.

We have had heating going – wood burner and the house is getting warmer. This house with its thick walls takes 3 weeks to heat properly.

Just got head down trying to get rid of Rome excesses.

I bought the BSD book, and although I am not going to use it word for word, the food ideas are great while it is still cold here.
    I will continue to skip breakfast and do the 19:5 way. As soon as I am used to 800 calories, it’s back to 4:3.
    My projected date is 30 June for the last 7 or 8 kgs.

Welcome, Shaylee, you seem to be well on board.

Tonight we are eating smoked salmon and poached egg on celeriac puréé, with garden rocket salad with pomegranate seeds- inspired by the Melbourne restaurant. we went to with Nama.

I have found cavallo nero(kale) seedlings for the garden, but not big enough to eat yet.
    Bon AppΓ©tit

XX Wiwi

PS How are you feeling, JoJo? Lovely to have you back on board!
    XXXX Wiwi

Purple this mornings 11000 steps was done in a beautiful crisp 4 deg and fine conditions todays temp 7-18 some cooling off heading your way for sure 😯
    Thursday lets get our fast on people
    Peace RT

Cooling off today RT. Thanks.
    Sounds yum, Wi. Keep up the good work ☺ P

Clearly some technical issues with the forum today i have put in 2 other posts that have yet to appear πŸ˜₯ 😳

You are on now. ..plenty of time for the Friday funnies, RT.
    How’s Thursday fast going? 5pm here and stuck into paperwork!!! P

Hi all,
    Wiwi I am so pleased that you enjoyed your ‘trendy’ Melbourne lunch so much that you are going to recreate it! Your home version will probably taste even better.

We are away at Lorne for a few days as there was an irresistible offer on the Mantra hotels website, plus our Autumn weather is lovely. Luckily I fasted well yesterday as our hotel tarrif includes a full breakfast and there was the yummiest Bircher Meusli available this morning! Hoping the very long beach walks have helped to counteract, plus I did skip lunch afterwards… There were so many really big people at breakfast, all eating so much… it looked like it was a regular habit for them! Then I thought I would have a swim in the lovely heated pool, but alas its school holidays and the pool is full of ankle-biters! Back to the beach….

Purple my son and his wife drove to Sydney this week for a short break. I assured them the weather would be lovely in April! Luckily they stayed at the Manly Pacific right on the water, so haven’t suffered too much with your heat!

Seems to be a beach theme thru this post!

Viewing 50 posts - 13,701 through 13,750 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.