Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,551 through 13,600 (of 16,657 total)

• Ah yes, of course! That would be the world famous Potato Diet! It is nearly as good as my Wine Diet. πŸ˜‰ Well done Amazon…keep it up. Nearly there. P 😊

Great job, Amazon!

On the opposite end of the eating spectrum, I am headed out to volunteer at a food bank for the afternoon. Hard to believe that the excesses and shortages exist side by side.

Happy weekend, all. We are expecting a snowstorm on the first day of spring Sunday! Very rude after a mild winter. I am just crossing my fingers that school is not called off! It is too late in the year to miss days and have to make them up in the summer!

Ha ha Ha Purple! I forgot to mention that fermented grape juice especially red (as it is on the anti inflammatory foods list πŸ˜‰ ) is also a staple but not on FDs.

Thanks everyone, I’m really pleased with the way things are going at the moment and hope I can maintain this rate of loss.

Hi ply, I hope you are well and Jo, I’m pleased to hear you are feeling better.

The builder has hung the cupboard doors and the radiator and put up the blind which fits perfectly and looks fab. I can hardly wait until Tuesday evening when the floor is down.

The noisy neighbours with yapping dogs are moving out today. I’m heartbroken….. πŸ˜†

I have been shouting at my car radio, having come in near the end of a BBC World Service (date unknown) interview. Question – Is there any solution to obesity? Answer – surgery. Me shouting “fasting, fasting”. Question – why are societies that are coming out of poverty developing first world problems? Answer – sedentary lifestyles. Me shouting “processed food, sugar”. No-one heard πŸ™

I am totally on your wavelength, Jojo. I took my aunt for a cup of coffee at the mall. The longest queue – outside the juicing bar. Let’s concentrate the frucrose, folks. Must be good for you, it’s fresh fruit !!

Great, Barata! I love your energy!

I am now so ready again to fast again,after the long trip back to winter (England) and spring(Rome). Tomorrow is my first fast in Europe since I got back. I will do 5:2 this week and then back to 4:3. OH who is having trouble with shrinking shirts will join me.

I will keep my head above the parapet, Sniper-Happy. Please feel free to snipe, blow away my excesses.

I am loving being a grandmother again. The little one (20 months) is now in great form. Just to be sure- when you give him something he says Grazie-Thanks. (He is not sure who speaks which language. Soon he will add ‘Merci’ as well.

Palm Sunday today and the plan is to go to a procession somewhere. but not close to the pope!

Happy day
    XXWiwi

Hugs, Wiwi

Good morning all,
    I am here writing with hanging head. At my Saturday weigh in I saw that I weigh exactly the same as last week nearly to the gram. WTF! Well clearly I’m back to tricking myself again as it’s simply a matter of applied math and physics to create change/movement of one’s body mass, yes?

So, what was different the last 2-weeks then the previous five consecutive successful 1-kilo per week weight loss weeks that I was happily experiencing?

Well, I DID get a bad case of FLU which left me flat on my back for 3-days, but I don’t give that much influence on my behavior (except for my child-like whining to mePat to bring me hot drinks ‘n such).

1) I stopped my meticulous record keeping of my daily calories (thought by now I know most of the calories of what I eat).

2) I did very little fat-burning exercise; lots of paperwork landed in my lap so I was distracted and sedentary. But I DID think that my daily escapes from PC to gardening would be enough to keep the weight-loss ball rolling …guess not. Clearly not!!! Funny that everyone I’ve met has boldly observed that I look smaller.This IS very nice to hear (kinda). My clothes literally hang on me whereas 2-months ago some of the blouses were bursting in the bosom-button area OR were SO tight in the arms that I had to roll up the sleeves to wear them comfortably and it looked like I kept the winter food for a family of five in my cheeks. BUUUUUUT I have 13 MORE kilos to carve off my body to achieve my optimum goal wight and BMI.

So, I guess it’s back to the basics… damn! I will increase the cardio part of my DAILY (Yes, sloth-woman that word is DAILY), exercise and commit to achieving 10,000 daily steps by the next weigh in on the 27th of March. I’ll return to monitoring (+ recording) my calorie intake, increase water consumption and be forensically honest with myself on FD’s. I KNOW I was cheating ‘n tricking myself; the results don’t lie. It’s as simple as that. I’ve nothing more to say today
    Stay strong folks and if you miss a step just take note to make a positive change ‘n keep walking…

Love your passion Barrata!
    Hey Wi! So pleased the bub is going well. You don’t need us on your back, mate. Just jump in and fast. πŸ˜†
    Keep going Pent. It WILL work. P

Morning All,
    Scales down another pound and feeling virtuous. Today however is lunch at a friends, she is a chef so it is not going to be a good day to fast. Everything she cooks makes me go weak at the knees. I am comitting now to no alcohol, no pudding if creamy, breakfast or dinner so that may help balance out a high calories lunch. I will be designated driver so that will help.
    Penti- we all get complacent or worse, sounds like you know where you are at, good luck!
    Wiwi- glad to have you back on board. I am doing three day, no food fast from tomorrow if you want to join me? I know you have done it before. I have decided to do this monthly now.
    Barrata- good to know you are fighting the cause too. I just wish I could convince my family to stop eating sugar. I think my daughter is on board now, finally! She does a lot at the gym too.
    I don’t go to the gym anymore as I don’t have time in my schedule or the Β£50 per month they want for membership. But I do my daily 10,000-12,000 steps in the fresh air. Thank goodness I have dogs because they make sure I get out daily. I also have a cross trainer I use most days.
    I went to a Motown show last night. Three girls singing Supreme numbers amongst others, four boys doing Four Tops and Jackson Five etc. their Drifters medaly was not so hot but I was a big fan of theirs so I am picky. It was a great night, the band were very talented instrumentalists. Video Clip on Facebook. It was a feel good factor night with plenty of dancing. There were even a few people under 60 there. But we had to park the car on the sea wall so we had to get back in between crashing waves. Only got one side wet Ha Ha.
    Amazon- don’t celebrate your ‘yapping dogs’ moving out too soon, you may get teenagers instead! Far worse! Rap music at 2 am.
    Have a relaxing Sunday everyone. Next weigh in on Thursday.

Morning/evening all,

Jo, it’s a one bedroom flat and the lease says no pets but the managing agents aren’t very vigilant. Fortunately the new owners of the ground floor flat are in touch with the owner who lives in Dubai, and have informed him what is happening and the condition of the place. I know him as he used to live there and I would imagine that he’ll get some work done before re-letting as it is in an awful state of repair. We shall see…

I have woken up with a head cold, nothing major but annoying nonetheless especially as colds make me ravenously hungry. I’m going out for a walk soon which will take my mind off eating. It’s not a FD but I don’t want to start eating just yet.

Most of my friends eat a fairly healthy diet, none of them go near canned drinks or unhealthy snacks or the majority of processed foods. One friend has always been interested in what goes into food and over the years disappointed her children innumerable times after reading a label in the supermarket and hastily putting the item back on the shelf. They are both adults now and one of them is a vegetarian but has a shockingly bad diet full of sugar etc and her mother tries to give her lots of healthy food when she is home from uni and is hoping she grows out of it!

Hi Wiwi, welcome back to Europe.

Penti, you may not have lost any weight this week but you haven’t gained and that is an achievement when feeling unwell. You’ll get there, this is just a test of your willpower.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Hi all,
    I hope your cold passes quickly Amazon, get stuck into the Vit C! I am like you in trying to delay my first food on a non fast day. As RT always says, easier not to start than to stop! I think that snacking has been my worst eating ‘bad habit’ and fasting has definitely helped to curtail it. So many calories must sneak in when mindlessly nibbling.

Good luck on the three day fast Jojo, I hope it is as easy as the last time. Your Motown show looked like fun.

Penti it is so easy to get complacent when we are succeeding. Its too coincidental that the losses stopped when you stopped counting calories! But the flu certainly does not help either! You know what you are doing, the weight will start dropping again. And the fact that your clothes are looser is also a great sign. People often report this happening, even when the scales say no loss, there appears to be ‘shrinkage’ Maybe its just our bodies ‘rearranging’ themselves!

Lovely to hear from you Wiwi, hope you managed to avoid both the Pope and George Pell! Getting back to fasting will be a relief I am sure. And having your man join you will also help. Your grandson sounds gorgeous, such beautiful manners at such a young age!

11.30pm here, so goodnight all.

It’s cold out there today,so cold that it put me off walking in Kew plus the huge amount of people less than elbow heinght in the queue indicated that it would not be the peaceful experience I need today.
    I bought some beautiful tulips in memory of my parents whose wedding anniversary would be tomorrow. Mum had yellow tulips for her bouquet so I always buy some.
    I also bought some hot cross buns which I love. I used to start buying them several weeks before Easter and eat far too many. This time I’ve limited myself to a single purchase of two packs and apart from the one I’m having for brunch they are in the freezer. If I put them in a tin it would be far too tempting.
    They don’t do too well in the microwave so eating one will have to be planned (she says hopefully)

Nama, vitamin C would be good if I had any but what I get in my diet will have to suffice. I rarely take anything if I have a cold unless I have a really bad headache. In my experience most of the remedies reduce symptoms but I think they make the cold hang around for longer, plus I have to be careful as so many of them contain something ending in “drine” of which there are many and as I have hypertension I don’t want to take such things. I do use a menthol inhaler if I have a stuffy nose.
    If I have a really heavy cold and want to ensure a good sleep I will take a nip of whisky with honey, cloves, lemon and hot water which usually does the trick,but it is a slight head cold so no excuse to have a wee dram πŸ˜‰

Amazon,
    Goodness your health is taking a beating lately. Get well soon. I take Jaegermeister when I have a sore throat, tastes like cough medicine but I love it, very high alcohol level too so you soon forget your cold.
    Lunch was fabulous and she considerately prepared me a fish main course, skate wing and scorched asparagus with poached egg starter, delicious. No wine and no pudding as promised but I did have a gin and slimline tonic before dinner, yummy.
    Actually I went for a walk while pudding and coffee was being served, I need to put some more money in the car park meter. Temptation resister

I got my walk on this morning 10211 steps and I received a text message which I did not look at as it buggers up my pedometer ap on the iphone if I answer a call or respond to a msg etc so I checked it when I got home.
    Yes it was the eldest son to say they are now in the hospital and the baby is on the way wow its gonna be a long day πŸ˜†

β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Thinking of you RT, how exciting?
    I hope everything goes well!
    Best wishes
    Jojo xx

Thanks Jojo im not sure if im excited or nervous anxious and apprehensive that all goes well for them
    RT
    ps No word as yet

Wait is over Aliya Grace came into our world at 12.57pm
    8lb 2oz 51cm

Mum and bub all doing extra well
    son recovering

I am feeking stoked !!

Congratulations RT!!! Fabulous news, I am so pleased for you! Have had the iPad on in the kitchen, watching and waiting all day. What a beautiful name for a baby girl. And what a lucky girl to come into your loving family, with such a softie for a Pa!!! xxx

Congratulations RT and family! Wonderful news ☺ P

Hi RT:

Joy is a new member of the family!!

Awesome news RT. Congratulations to all concerned. Lucky you lucky baby πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

CONGRATULATIONS GRANDPA RT!

Lovely news, RT. Grandchildren are so special, and we do need these little future taxpayers to keep us in our old age.

Brandy for me at the first sign of a cold, Amazon, seems to work. I had only one last year (might also be IF, of course).

Well done on your resistance, Jo. Isn’t it wonderful to have the strength to be so determined? Take a bow. πŸ™‚

RT,
    Congrats to you, your son and daughter in law. Beautiful name, good weight. One of Life’s special moments, becoming Grandparents. I have many friends who embrace this role at different levels from full time, when the parents work and they are the main carers to annual visits only when their children live on the other side of the world. It’s what you make it! My children are a long way off marriage let alone parenting but I look forward to my small role as a Nan eventually even if only Cyber Version.
    Enjoy It Pop!
    Happy Monday All, first day of a three day no food fast. Thursday through to Sunday all very busy days with meals out so absolutely necessary. My friend broke her elbow Saturday so I have some nursing to do too. I plan to spend some time in the garden today. I really need to clear out the greenhouse ready for planting tomatoes and flowers, suspect I will meet a few spiders today.
    I have just booked two more concerts, Think Floyd and Thriller Alive, apparently great tribute bands.

Morning/evening all.

A special hello to Grandpa RT. Congratulations to you and your family. As Nama said a beautiful name 😍

It’s Monday so it must be a FD,

have a good one everybody 😜

Congratulations, RT and family. What a lovely way to welcome Spring!

Congratulations RT wonderful blessed news. mePat has his 7th grandchild coming in May and I have my 4th coming in June and we have 2 God-Grandchildren and so the family grows.

Sunday: 7,288 steps and only 220 calories until 7pm…BUUUT I totally forgot that we’d supper planned with our sweet young neighbor who’d invited us over to eat an especially cooked-just-for-us dinner that her Nana used to cook for her in her homeland, Eastern Romania…. Well boys ‘n girls, it was delicious beyond mortal words, a full fat cream based garlicky sauce over marinated chicken slow-cooked for 4-hours, first came a lovely thick tomato soup with homemade croutons + creme fresh, then salad, ending with a homemade Tiramisu….sigh….
    I was in Food-Heaven. Yes, I DID try to serve myself modest portions but when she saw me do this she took the plate out of my hands with a large ‘Hmph!’ sound, filled up the plate and said EAT! And so my good manners took over and I did just that. I think in the end it was a round a billion calories. MePat ‘n I toddled home under the moonlit skies sighing heavily like two piglets ready for the spit…

Needless to say it’ll be 4:3 this week, a FD today (Monday) then again Wednesday and again on Friday. I’ll increase my steps to achieve my daily goal of 10,000 steps before the Saturday weigh-in. Let’s see if this gets me back on track for the 1-kilo per week weight loss.

Thats progress Penti! The fact that you toddled home feeling overfed says it all! Three fasts this week and the weight will fall off, I promise!
    I hope your 3 day fast has started well Jojo..
    RT I hope all is continuing smoothly and the new little one is settled and giving her parents time to feel their way. How lovely to have a girl after all your sons! You have an international audience waiting keenly for further ‘baby news’! Isn’t it amazing how a new life brings so much joy and positive energy.
    Night all

Congratulations RT to you and family. How lovely, a little girl cheers, Bay πŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ’πŸ’πŸ‘―πŸ‘―πŸŒΊπŸŒΊ

Nama,
    Good start thanks.
    Feeling very positive and lots of bowling planned this week plus usual walking. Mild day here for a change so out in the garden for the afternoon. Post winter them Spiders in the Greenhouse have grown fat and slow so not too difficult to move on.
    Pots all set up for planting- I can already taste them homegrown tomatoes- yum. Might try a cucumber or two, nothing like fresh cucumber.
    Have a great week everyone.

My morning disappeared after loading the car up with stuff to take for recycling, getting in and finding a flat battery. It was in fact a dead battery and the nice man from roadside assistance changed it for me but that involved me going with him to the local stockist as he didn’t have one to fit my car. That done I went to the recycling depot where there was almost a rush of staff to unload the car for me πŸ™‚
    I did a few errands and am sitting here with a coffee thanking my lucky stars that I wasn’t on my way somewhere more important when I discovered the dead battery. The car is 9 years old and it is the first time it has needed a replacement so it did well.
    I’ve only got the chest of drawers left to get rid of now, but nowhere to stow the contents until the new furniture arrives on Friday.
    Only one more sleep on the sofa bed πŸ˜€

hELLO ALL rT CONGRATULATIONE ON THE WEE GRANDCHILD . I LOVE THE NAME . grandchildren ARE GODS SPECIAL GIFTS .
    OOps ss caps
    I wonder what ever happened to SAMM I miss hime .
    I haven’t been posting but I read the posts every day .
    You all seem to be doing so well :).
    I am still maintaining and really pleased about that .
    Yesterday for the first time ever I had ice cream in the freezer and managed to leave it there as I was doing my FD. When there is ice cream and I start a FD I always givein and eat it . So I am really pleased with myself . A great big obstacle for me to overcome .

The sun is out today but it is still biddy cold lol . My Dad is really going downhill as some of you will see by the picture on FB and although it is expected and he is 98 I want to keep him forever .

I just wanted to pop in and congratulate all of you . What a great group we are

Take care all of you lovely people

Wee xxxxx

Hi Weemam,
    Sorry to hear of you Dad’s health issues, we are never ready to give our parents up. My mother died at 90 and I thought she had done well but I still miss her very much and it’s been 12 years now. I got my did the same year, she was a great pet lover too.

I have finally got my operation date for 2 nd April, thrilled, I can plan my life now. I just spoke to the receptionist who asked if I could manage to fast all morning before the op. I think I might manage half a day I replied, smiling to myself, if only she knew! Ha ha.

Anyone recommend a good read for my hospital visit?

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Good Morning cyber friends and thank you all so much for your beautiful heart felt words upon the arrival of Aliya yesterday I just feel so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful place in the world here in this is forum my extended family. Nama eldest son is not the Bear Grylls or Rambo male more of a SNAG (sensitive new age guy) and possibly a little like Mr Nama not the best handler of blood so when I asked him how the experience was He was rather chuffed as he thought he may struggle but by not fainting by not having to sit down or get some air he did not have a spew or get dizzy or wozzy and successfully cut the cord so outcome achieved πŸ˜† Yfee and I went up for a snuggle last night and the circle of life is a powerful thing to see the looks on these 2 young people’s faces and the tiny bundle of pure joy is priceless. You just seem to stare in awe and wonder bloody brilliant ok enough waffling but you had to be there πŸ˜‰
    Now the daughter-in-law is ok a bit sore and worn out on it and the breast feeding wasn’t going to plan really and some frustration and fatigue was evident in the both of them after the adrenalin was starting to wear off I said to the son they don’t come with a set of instructions or the big book of knowledge hey I said we didn’t have it either and managed to get through ok he smiled and said it’ll be alright Dad we will work it out proud dad moment right there πŸ˜₯ ok have a fantastic day all you beautiful losers XXX
    RT

How wonderful is cuddling your own grandchild? Your heart soars ☺
    RT, suggest your dil gets in contact with the Australian Breastfeeding Association. Fantastic group of trained counsellors who are all mums who voluteer their time to help. 24 hour telephone and online counselling help line, local get togethers and lots of literature. Knowledge and talking to someone else with the experience makes all the difference…just like this forum 😊
    All the best. P

A bit late to the party… (I’ve been away)… but can I add my congratulations on the new arrival RT… Although I suspect you didn’t do very much of the hard work πŸ™‚

Thanks weemam your a bright shining starπŸŽ‰πŸŒŸβ­οΈβœ¨πŸ’«
    Sad to read Your dad is struggling
    my dad is also slipping make every moment count
    We Love life πŸΎπŸΌπŸŽ‰

Morning/evening all,

It’s a beautiful spring morning here, sun shining, birds singing 🌞🐦🌷

I struggled my way through my FD yesterday and woke up in the middle of the night ravenously hungry. I got back to sleep and woke up this morning feeling no different than usual which is good because it is another FD. I’m out for dinner at a friend’s tomorrow so no choosing healthy options from the menu.

RT and Wee, it is so hard when parents or grandparents become frail and as RT says, we must make the most of every moment we spend with them.

Floor man coming today and then I get to move furniture and scrub everything and everywhere.
    Lucky me…………………..😁

Have a good one everybody 😜

Morning all,
    Wild night of very strange disturbing dreams between waking up for calls of nature visits. That’s the problem with fluid only fasting, you drink later than you would normally. Must have got up five times last night. I will cut back last drink tonight, I need my beauty sleep. But 1.5 pounds down, result! , so much for my vow not to weigh until Thursday. Needed the encouragement to fast again today as I have woken very hungry, but a drink will solve that I am sure.

This morning will be dog walking, tidying and cleaning, meeting a friend for a drink before playing Bridge this afternoon and finally seeing yet another kitchen designer. Finally tonight I have ukelele class. So keeping busy and away from food. Looks like another mild day so it should be lovely at the park. Yesterday I stopped by a robin who serenaded me for a good five minutes. I love to hear birds singing, very theraputic, good to be alive chorus.

RT- you really are living the circle of life, sorry to hear about your Dad but it sounds like you are enjoying those last moments with him. I often meet people who are estranged from their family, either children or parents, how sad and lonely that would be.
    Have a great day Fasters, be happy and keep walking those health giving steps.

Good morning, all! Anyone have experience with under-active thyroid? Just diagnosed, starting low-dose of thyroid replacement hormone.

Ply,
    Sorry to hear that, it is my worst fear. My friend had it for 15 years and took tablets. She didn’t have any side effects that she knew of but she was always careful to eat a healthy diet. I think she said that without the tablets she was very tired and of course gained weight easily.

Jo! Wow. Could you have been any less tactful?

Under-active thyroid is your ‘worst fear’? Really?! Why?

And how is that supposed to make Ply feel? She’s just been diagnosed with the one medical condition that you apparently fear most… Hardly helpful or in any way constructive comment. With hindsight, perhaps it might have been better to keep that to yourself?

Ply,

My Mum was diagnosed. Once she was on the right dose she was fine. She was very fat and pretty lazy…but I don’t think her thyroid was to blame!

After reading about pentimento’s experience of being ‘forced’ to overeat I must insert my story of the past two weeks – I must say its been a satisfactory introduction to how it will be long-term while I maintain my ideal weight which I’m determined to reach in the shortest time possible – can’t wait!
    I’ve been on several visits to close friends and relatives travelling by train and driving and on the whole having little control over some meal content but lots when travelling
    I consoled myself in advance that since I’d successfully lost five stone; so long as I was reasonably careful and cut down on quantities where possible the worst I could expect was a gain of 2 or 3 pounds – and so it was!!
    There was an amusing time when – being an early riser I helped myself to coffee and toast and then three hours later my late riser hosts plonked a full breakfast fry-up in front of me and said “eat” !!! So it went on!
    However I returned the favour when we were walking past a packed patisserie on a sunny Sunday afternoon and my hosts were tempted to go in but said “we can’t go in there when (pen) is on a diet” I promptly walked in and bought some delicious tarts – apple and cinnamon and raspberry – enough for the three of us – and presented them to my hosts as a ‘thank you for having me’ gift – the tarts were welcomed as their favourites and I enjoyed them without any guilt whatsoever!
    The next day was spent travelling by train so I could treat it as a fast day – bought a good book to keep occupied
    So it went on – another ‘visiting’ day was rather devoid of food due to the circumstances until later when seeing an elderly relative and we happily tucked into sausages and mashed potato and green beans and then strawberries and a dollop of ice cream – simple but delicious all the better for not eating earlier!!!
    I have carefully kept to two fast days per week and today I’ve reached the goal of taking off those extra three pounds – whoopee! That travelling spell began on 6th March so to put on and successfully take off three pounds in that time in a milestone for me – roll on (or rather off!!!) the last seventeen pounds!

Well done Pen! I think you have achieved what we all aim for, the mindfulness around food that means WE are in control!!

Jojo, I must admit I thought exactly what Happy has said re your reaction to Ply’s dilemma. Why on earth would a dodgy thyroid be your worst fear?? Maybe you said that without thinking…..

Ply I am sorry to hear your news, but can’t offer advice as I have no experience myself. I have one friend with this problem and she is fine on Thyroxine, I think its just a matter of getting the dose right. An intelligent person such as you should have no problems managing this condition.

Happy you are a funny woman – your Mum was fat and lazy?? Maybe it had something to do with her thyroid?

I am just back from my painting lesson, its 11pm and I just put a fruit cake (for Easter) in the oven. This cake takes 2 hours to bake, so it will be a late one for me as usual.. Amazon would be proud of me, I halved the sugar and the batter tasted fine! Not sure if I will master oil painting, I love it but my talent is yet to appear! My teacher told me tonight I seem to have a ‘naive’ style – not sure if I am pleased with that!!

Ha ha, no, Nama!

Mum lost weight very successfully with weight watchers but reverted to a high carb inactive lifestyle. She liked bread and cake and chocolate and ate too much of it.

And she didn’t like exercise as she didn’t like to feel sweaty and didn’t like the muscle ache that accompanies any exercise program. So she’d go for a walk, her legs would ache the next day and she’d leave it a week before she went for a walk again. And repeat!

When she was first diagnosed and before she was on the right dose, yes, lethargy and tiredness were clearly related to her thyroid. But her thyroid didn’t make her sit down and chain eat cake!

Oh Happy I could be your mother!! Many failed follow-throughs with WW because I liked cake and bread and chocolate too much! And the reason I swim for exercise is because I hate being hot and sweaty! Fortunately my thyroid seems to be still working (for now!) Actually the hormone that really worries me is Insulin – now that would be a problem if it stopped working!

ply,
    I have a fair amount of professional experience with those who have had radioactive Iodine treatment for over active thyroids which when successful usually results in under activity and the need for thyroxine. It can take a while to get the dose right but apart from that it shouldn’t have any adverse effects, and once you are on the right dose you’ll feel 100% and be able to do whatever you want without being tired or lethargic.
    I have a friend who has been taking thyroxine for 15 years and she is absolutely fine, has two teenage boys, a job and a busy social life.

The floor men are doing really well, they’ve finished the hallway and covered more than half of the bedroom in only 4 hours. What they’ve done so far looks really nice πŸ™‚

Ply, Happy , and Nama,
    Apologies, it was a selfish and thoughtless comment not one said to offend. Thank you for your public response.

I knew there was no offense meant, and none was taken, Jojo. πŸ™‚

Jo,

I hope the fasting is going well still?

How you are getting on with bridge? I found it very addictive, but haven’t played regularly since we moved. I’ll have to see if there’s a club near us…although it was always a bit fractious playing with OH!

Viewing 50 posts - 13,551 through 13,600 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.