Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,051 through 12,100 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi all,

Firstly a big welcome to Melbourne Jojo!! I cant believe you are finally, actually here and am really looking forward to meeting you Monday morning. I am sure you will enjoy Ballarat, its a lovely town that has a lot of history, especially around our Gold Rush days and many fine old buildings. Its known to be freezing in winter, but hopefully you will get sunshine tomorrow. You will also see a bit of Victorian countryside on the drive there, still nice and green before it goes yellow for the summer.

Hello everyone else. Great to hear things getting under control with your mother Smiffy, sounds like your brother got the message too! Sometimes we have to spell things out! Try the chicken with honey and sesame, its lovely. I only had chicken breasts in the freezer (recipe says thighs) but I just cut them in half and counted each as two thighs – they didn’t dry out like chicken can. Lemon stolen from neighbours tree was lovely and juicy! Enjoy your break in Wales, sounds perfect.

RT, sorry I meant to thank you for that recipe. I made it Friday night and it was yum. I prepared it early and let it sit with the garlic and lemon juice whilst I had a day in the garden. Then it cooked whilst I had a shower after gardening in the rain….. it was so yum, definitely a keeper. We did not have it with rice as suggested, just some salad for me and a microwaved spud for the lad. Very simple to make but very tasty. Did you enjoy it? Fabulous news re your wife, she is doing so well with her weight falling off so well!! I hope your fingers are still intact – one word for the mandolin – respect!! Mine is not an expensive one, $30 only, but works fine. I have seen them for three times that, but don’t think its necessary. The cars we saw today (in town for the Targa) were amazing. Different classes, so a big variation in cars – big V8’s right down to an original Mini and baby Fiat. Several Lotuses, and too many Porsches to count! Even a Delorian!!

AO its great to hear you sounding chirpy again. Glad you are working out ways to help with your rehab. You sound very busy to me!!

Our youngest and his girl very excited today, have booked venue for their Aussie wedding next September. From two very slow starters, we will now have two weddings, plus the Hanoi shindig, all within 11 months! What fun!

Amazon I am glad you sound your old self again. My experience with grief is that it does sneak up when we least expect it, but each time it gets a tiny bit easier and we learn to ride the wave. I am lucky enough to have three dear brothers, I dread the thought of losing any of them… As Smiffy says, its so important to treasure every day.

xx

Hi Smiffy
    Thinking of you and your mother. Well done. Have a lovely time in Wales. ??

Welcome, Jojo, hope you have a good time in Ballarat. The Art Gallery is also worth a look.

Cheers to all, especially to yfee, RT. ???

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Welcome to Australia Jojo Hello Melbourne I do sound like a lead singer in a rock n roll band ๐Ÿ˜† bytheway anyone seeing AC/DC Rock or Bust Concert over the next 2 months? Adelaide Oval here I come I canโ€™t wait 21 November.. The thing about researching and learning or discovering new menu choices fasting options exercise or NOT as it where is still all a study of one what suits you and what works for you. I used chicken thighs on the bone which was fantastic I used to love the chicken Maryland which still had the drum stick attached to the thigh I had a simply Greek salad and for alittle extra pizazz a sweet potato cooked in foil then cut in half yumo. Glad you gave it a try as well AO fabulous to see you again and the year 2015 has been very trying way to many pot holes to try and go around so 2016 straight down the freeway no stopping Cheers Smiffy and Bay I thought it would be like whenever we seem to do anything major like shift house it is a confrontation of where what why how etc but this seems more balanced a well I watched you do it she is not a leader but a follower and we have a natural partnership of understanding so body language tells me more than verbal yeah I know itโ€™s a gift ๐Ÿ˜‰ She has a linen party on today so I am outa here ๐Ÿ˜ฅ off to see Dad and 2nd son and catch up with the grandies.Happy Sunday People.

It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
    Peace RT

RT,

I was interested in your straight vs serrated analogy.

It reminded me that 6 months before I began 5:2 I took possession of my first pair of reading glasses ๐Ÿ™ I absolutely hated them. I didn’t want to look at myself in them. I didn’t want to be seen wearing them. Six months after I started 5:2, when I’d surpassed my original goal, I realised that I didn’t mind my glasses after all. And then I realised that the difference was that I hadn’t like me, but now I did. It was never about the glasses.

I know some people can be fat and happy, but I don’t like or respect myself when I’m fat, and that affects my relationship with others.

Welcome to the main island, Jo. I’m sure you’ll enjoy Ballarat.
    Thanks Smiffy. My sentiments exactly. I’m pleased you have your mum settled in, have dragged in some backup and getting some “me” time. Enjoy โ˜บ
    Good to hear both the A’s are feeling more positive top. Keep it up gang. P

Morning/evening all

My physiotherapist is a sadist ๐Ÿ˜‰ these stretches are difficult and they bluddy hurt, but I guess as the saying goes, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Yesterday I had a long chat on the phone with an old friend whose sister died early this year, and it was therapeutic for both of us to share our almost identical feelings and ups and downs. We’ve arranged to meet for lunch in a few weeks time and are both looking forward to it.

I’ve written a fairly ambitious diet plan for the six weeks and five days between now and you know when ? There is room for manoeuvre in the event of as yet unplanned social events and I’m on a mission to lose a stone by then.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Smiffy, enjoy your time away, you deserve some R&R after recent events. I hope your Mother continues to improve and that your family continue to help with her care.

Have a good one everybody ?

Hello Everyone,
    Phew, it’s been a very long day. I went to my friends daughters house in Ballerat then to a western gold mining town experience called Sovereign Hill. There actors running the town, there are tours of gold mines. I practised panning for gold and I did some bowling, haven’t lost my touch, it was hilarious(Fred Flintstone version of ten pin). There was even a horse drawn carriage. There were lots of shops with a wide range of goods. We entered a saloon for a beer and luckily the local policeman was too drunk to throw us gals out. Our male company enjoyed the saloon gals attention and outfits too. The only draw back was the flies and food.
    We went to the Waterfront for a salad tonight, yummy.
    Meeting Nama tomorrow, I cannot wait
    I have a full list of things to do here. Puffin Billy and Healesfield Wildlife, Great Ocean Road, Phillip Island and a viewing from the building next door which is very tall and has a glass viewing area.

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Having a seriously good fast day thus far just water. Temp has hit 38deg will hang off till later for the evening walkโ€ฆI hope Jojo and Nama are not suffering from lock jaw ๐Ÿ˜‰ and a fab time is had just quickly do you use the straight edge or the serrated mandolin blade for shredding the veg for the slaw?
    RT

Good afternoon fellow fasters – I started this epistle in Word early this morning but have taken all day to finish (between work stuff). Seems ages since I posted, needed time and energy to respond properly (in alphabetical order) โ€ฆ.

Amazon, emoticon queen, your trip to Cambridge sounded lovely. Spent a very happy time there once at a conference. Glad to hear your physio designated exercises are giving some relief, even if hard โ€“ good to know you have been doing the right thing all along. And what a win with your new mattress. Anniversaries associated with loved ones can really catch us off guard, even when we think weโ€™re well over it. Time dulls but doesnโ€™t cure the pain. Glad your sleep restored your balance. Sending big hugs.

AO, such good news that most of the time you donโ€™t need pain meds any more. Please take it easy though. Well done on the fasting โ€“ good to get back on track.

Barata, good to hear you and Jo could rendezvous.

Emel, I symphathise with your dilemma about staying/moving on. Change is always challenging but hope we can stay in touch, even if you move away from our village. I get the impression you donโ€™t have much family in Adelaide โ€“ maybe Clare would be good as older female rellies can be very nurturing when needed. As RT says, your commitment pie chart seems to be >100% now so do remember to take care of yourself, even if itโ€™s just going to the gym โ€“ a great mind clearer IMO.

Happy, โ€œTwo years ago I would have thought you were mad if you told me Iโ€™d crave natural yoghurt instead of refined carbs!โ€ I havenโ€™t quite tamed the carb dragon but definitely notice a change in my taste preferences. Walking is a marvellous opportunity for meditation.

Jo, what a wonderful set of memories you have stored of your time in New Zealand. Hope your Australian memories are as good. Now you are here you can enjoy the cricket :). By my calculations you are due in Adelaide on Thursday? I’ll bet you and Nama hardly stopped for breath today. If you would like to meet, please send me a text โ€“ Iโ€™ve messaged you on FB with my phone number. I definitely second AOโ€™s recommendation on sunscreen โ€“ our โ€˜Englishโ€™ skins will burn in 15โ€™ even with cloud cover at this time of the year.

Nama, thank you for your kind reminder about โ€˜meโ€™ time. Itโ€™s been a bit short lately but the extreme busyness is now mostly done. Had a lovely afternoon on Saturday baking with my granddaughter, quietly accompanied by the cricket on the kitchen TV. Your sonโ€™s new garden sounds fantastic โ€“ all my favourite colours/plants. Well done on avoiding the scones. To echo RT, your description of your weekly muesli is such a positive endorsement of this WOL. Very wise words about growing-up boys โ€“ my teenaged brother ran off the rails after our mother died young, but turned out a loving husband and father of two boys, and now grandfather of two. Always nice to get a compliment on our changed bods. A fellow I hadnโ€™t seen for 9 months at โ€˜myโ€™ gym came over and complimented me the other week. Helped me to remember how far I have come, as opposed to how far still to goโ€ฆ.

Purple, Mount Warning climb in March sounds great. I havenโ€™t been there for >20 years but seeing the sunrise was an unforgettable experience. Knowing we were the first people in Australia to do so that morning made the climb in the dark worthwhile. Hope Mr P can settle down to retirement. Mr F hasnโ€™t made the full jump yet, despite being home-based, still getting the occasional consulting gig. Hard for them to let go โ€“ a big life-change.

RT, congratulations of the forthcoming grandchild โ€“ they are such a joy and after many sons, a granddaughter is a bonus for you both. Mrs RT continues to triumph in the IF stakes โ€“ another milestone to celebrate. Well done on your Cup selections โ€“ Prince of Penzance did you proud. Thanks for the giggles.

Sarah, good to hear from you. To live life to the full? A wonderful goal! Well done on the 6-week no sugar challenge, a bit of a breakout is no sin. Hope your fatherโ€™s recovery is continuing and you get more than a text next time.

Smiffy, lovely to hear from you. What a challenging time you are having โ€“ a bit of chocolate is cheaper than a psychiatrist! ๐Ÿ˜‰ You need lots of hugs too.

Wee, hope the man den decorating is going well. With that and your crafty crochet, not much time left for snacking.

Wiwi, nothing like seeing skinny minnies to reset our resolve ๐Ÿ˜‰ Glad to hear your brotherโ€™s stroke seems to be having a positive outcome. My knees have improved out of sight, at least partly due to IF (new metal knees helped too). However, my now-normal non-medicated blood pressure is entirely due to IF โ€“ love it!

Good fast days last week, even though fell down a little on Saturday after the baking ;). Nearly the end of Monday fellow fasters โ€“ keep up the good work. Anyone joining me for another round tomorrow? Cheers all. n xxx

Hi all,

RT my mandolin does not have a serrated blade, so easy to choose for me, straight every time! And happy to relate that no lock jaw was experienced today when meeting up with Jojo.

We had a lovely relaxing day. As it was hot, we avoided the middle of the city and chose green, leafy environments, starting at the Botanical Gardens then driving out to the Dandenong Ranges to Olinda, Sassafras and Sherbrooke Forest for a lovely walk thru the Alfred Nicholas Gardens. Nicky’s name was mentioned several times, as in “Nicky would know what that plant is!” Jojo enjoyed seeing all the English trees she knows, alongside the huge mountain ash trees. Happy to report she is looking very relaxed and refreshed, despite the pace of her touring!

Nicky great to hear from you and know all is well. How lovely to bake with your grandaughter, a slight brush with a scone is forgivable! I will join you with a fast day tomorrow!

Amazon you sound very disciplined – maybe I could get you to write a plan for me! We are away interstate in late November, then having two (early Dec) family xmas celebrations due to being in Hanoi for xmas this year, so I am aiming to just maintain until January. That seems to be what I am doing lately anyway! Strictly weighing myself daily though, the only way I stay accountable.

Morning/evening all,

Monday again already ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Gym this morning, first time for a week and I am so looking forward to it. I often lie in bed thinking I don’t want to go, but what I don’t want to do is get up! Once I’m upright all is well ๐Ÿ˜†
    Nicky,
    I always enjoy your Monday posts, catching up with what you’ve been up to. It is so nice to get compliments isn’t it, and certainly reminds us how far we have come.
    I was very relieved to discover that I’ve no tbeen making things worse as far as my back is concerned, but starting the exercises made my back slightly worse and it is now settling down, and I wasn’t in the right frame of mind for anything for a couple of days. I know I’ll have a really good workout later.
    I’m doing B2B today and tomorrow, following the successful plan I stuck to before I went to Cuba last year, hence the 7 week plan.
    I used up the last of the pumpkin yesterday and made a pumpkin and lentil curry with a few brussel sprouts chucked in as I have a bagful in the fridge. I bought Scotch Bonnet peppers last week and used one in some chilli. I could barely taste the heat so I put two in the curry. When I tasted it for seasoning yesterday I had to eat some yoghurt to cool my mouth down, so eating a bowlful will be an adventure!

Nama, your day with Jojo sounds lovely, she’ll love Australia every bit as much as NZ.
    I am jealous as I’ve not been to Melbourne yet…..
    I need to get moving, have a good one everybody ?

Oh my goodness, what a lot of posts, thanks for all of your kind observations… Still not sure what to do… Today was notified I have an interview for anAdelaide School…. So do not know what to do,,, moving has many positives but a career dive… Staying here has many problems…. Eek…. Fasting today and off to the gym so that is a positive cheers Emel

good way but you must eat healthy food

Hello All,
    Just a quick note before I get on the lift to the top of the 33 story building next door Eureka, I must be absolutely mad. Booked other two trips for next two days so no let up for me. Really enjoyed meeting up with Nama today but she made me feel very short when I took my heels off. She looks fabulous and slim of course. She can talk almost as much as me. We chatted continuously, only stopping for sustinence.
    Chat tomorrow, glad to hear everyone is well and on track.
    Amazon- Melboune feels like New York to me, all tower blocks and buzz atmosphere, I love it

Afternoon all,

Back from the gym. They had a problem with their heating or someone turned up the thermostat too far and the pool area was boiling. They had had to open the connecting door to the gym and the aqua class instructor was practically melting ?
    Unfortunately that made it hotter in the gym which is usually a nice temperature so I drank twice as much water as usual.
    I decided to give the pool a miss and did 15mins on the bike in addition to my usual workout. I tried to spend more time on the cross trainer using arms and legs rather than just legs and the result is aching shoulders!
    The good thing is that I really enjoyed working out this morning and realised that my spirits have lifted to their normal level.
    When I finish on the rowing machine and stand up my back is usually very stiff and I noticed an improvement today so the painful stretches are doing something.

I had a sugar free protein drink made with almond milk to keep me going until curry time along with a vat or two of coffee ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jojo, Melbourne is on my list of must see places when I next visit Australia. I want to do the Great Ocean Road so my plan is to persuade my Adelaide friends to meet me in Melbourne for a few days and then drive back to Adelaide, but they might not want to drive both ways so car hire might be an option, something I’ve not done before although I have driven in Australia before. If they don’t I’ll have to join a tour.

I’m getting too far ahead of myself here as I’ve already got two trips booked and another in the pipeline so it’ll be a while before I get back Down Under as the piggy bank needs filling up again first ?

I’ve got to tackle the ironing now, can’t put it off any longer as I’ve run out of trousers that don’t fall down ?

Great plan Amazon –
    just to whet your appetite: http://www.australia.com/en/itineraries/melbourne-adelaide-gor.html

Thanks Nama.
    I once spent a long weekend in Victor harbour and we stayed at a house right at the top of the hill and could sit on the upper floor balcony and watch the ocean. It was the home of friends of my Adelaide friends who had gone to Robe for a week and offered us the house. They were originally from South Africa and their garden was filled with a mixture of Australian and South African flowers. It was stunning and very colourful.

Good morning All,
    Amazon I can recommend the Southbank Travelodge, very central and fridge, microwave, tea and coffee making included. We had one buffet breakfast but ยฃ19 each so not a daily occurance.
    We had a nice walk to along the river to the square before catching a coach to Puffing Billy, so basically I am repeating what I did with Nama yesterday but my daughter is enjoying the views. Great to have wifi on the coach. The driver is a very well informed politically as well as tourist guide. They expect to have 8 million population in Melbourne based on current expansion.
    We went up Eureka Tower last night just before it closed, it was a very fast lift and made your ears pop on rising. I would recommend it but try to get a discount, we got 20 % off for staying in the Travelodge which is right next door. It was fun and as it was nighttime it wasn’t as bad for my fear of heights, I even went out onto the outside terrace.
    I had a pot noodle for dinner last night in the tower, it was different, forgot to check calories though. No coffe today and no ginger beer, time to cut back, just tea and salad. I also have a nice big apple that Nama gave me yesterday. I love my fruit. it is so great to meet up with fellow Fasters, there just are not enough of us, I think we would benefit more from local, national and international support and ideas.
    What I have noticed from the fasters I have met is confidence that the excess pounds are going and food choices are changing forever. Nama is a great example of someone who is making intelligent choices and taking control of her own health. She may be in the Olympics next learning to do ‘Full Immersion’ swimming.
    But misty and chilly here today, unlike yesterday.

Good morning all.

Amazon, I felt for you with the overheated gym as we had 37C yesterday – even at home it was ‘only’ 30C. You obviously know Adelaide and environs very well – we share several favourite haunts, including Encounter Bay.

A Great Ocean Road trip is to be recommended, travelling east to west is the better option IMO as you’re always on the sea side of the road and get better views. My long-departed father and stepmother lived in Mornington after they retired so after visiting them we always came home via the car ferry from Sorrento on the Peninsula side of Port Philip Bay to Queenscliff and then along the coast, taking two days. Our favourite stop for the night was at a B&B in a village on the top of the Otway Range in the superb temperate rainforest. Writing about it makes me want to do it again!

I’m not surprised you have aching arms after the cross-trainer. I try to do 5′ flat out before my weights session on Wednesdays and invariably have to ease off towards the end, not so much because of the puffing ๐Ÿ˜‰ but because my arms are complaining.

Emel, good luck with the interview. Hope it doesn’t contribute further to your dilemma … Would appreciate a critique of the local gym if you find a moment.

Fairly good FD yesterday with dinner of Purple’s recipe, stuffed Portobello mushrooms but … (How many of my sentences start like that?) After dinner I cooked a bunch of beetroot and some bargain local asparagus (8 bunches for $10) to pickle and had quite a few nibbles – just to test if it was cooked enough you understand ๐Ÿ˜† I used to buy a NZ brand of lovely crisp pickled asparagus in glass jars but last year discovered that they had moved their operations to China. Unfortunately Chinese hygiene laws do not seem to be well policed, so now do my own.

Happy fasting Amazon and anyone else. Take care n xxx

Hello Fast Trackers

Wow what a roller coaster the weather is here in SA today 7/16 and raining and yesterday 22 and 38 nice and hot here crazy times. Thanks Nama will now put plan in action I am so glad yesterday meet and greet with jojo was a complete success for you both fantastic. Nicky great post as always I will not be joining you Tuesday fasters but may the force be with you ALL ๐Ÿ˜‰

Eat Fast & Live Longer
    Peace RT

Are you going to join us on Mt Warning, Nicky? I was born in its shadow, but have not climbed it.
    For non Aussies…it is above the most easterly point of Australia (Cape Byron) so greets the sun first.

Jo, you’ll have seen more of Australasia on your trip than most residents! So now you know why I looked short next to Nama. She’s statuesque. Glad you gals had fun.

Thanks for the weather forcast RT. We have your yesterday’s glorious weather now. Rain tomorrow I guess ? P

Morning/evening all,

Another FD done and dusted and the next in progress. I ate my dinner early yesterday and was a bit peckish when I went to bed last night. It is interesting how hunger disappears overnight ?

The weather forecast for here today is overcast โ˜ but at least it is dry.

Nicky, I guess I’ve been lucky in that my Adelaide friends usually take me away somewhere when I visit them as it is their holiday too. As well as Encounter Bay I’ve been to the head of the Murray river where we had Christmas cake and coffee on the beach, Port Lincoln and beyond, numerous beaches in and around Adelaide, my birthday breakfast BBQ was on a drive on beach which took 40 mins to get to. It may have been Aldinga but I’m not sure. When their children were younger we used to go to Moana, buy chicken and chips for tea and eat it on the beach. I’ve also been to Hahndorf, Clare and the Clare valley where they own a farm and numerous other places that I can’t remember the names of. I am often threatened with camping in the Grampians but it hasn’t happened yet!
    I’ve also seen a fair amount of the city which I love especially the indoor market where I was taken the morning I arrived from Perth on the Indian Pacific. When I was there ten years ago we went to the theatre to see Mama Mia which was fab, and had cocktails in the old Post Office building.

I love asparagus but I’ll have to wait until next spring as the imported stuff doesn’t have much flavour.

Time to get busy, have a good one everybody ?

Mmm – our asparagus is in season, how would one pickle it NIcky? Similar to beetroot? Sounds yum.

Freezing here today, Jojo has seen Melbourne’s temperamental weather at its best. Up to 22 tomorrow hopefully Jojo, so your final day should be pleasant. Wondering what you will get up to – lovely to see someone embracing new experiences so enthusiastically.

Back to the ironing, at least its keeping me warm as I fast!!

Hi Nama and Amazon

For dinner I made a coleslaw with the only ingredients in the fridge. This turned out to be red apple and fennel and red capsicum, with a little Mayo plus Dijon mustard. Thanks to your suggestions of Brussel sprouts and apple and mustard, I was open to try some thing new. It was yummy!

Cheers, Bay ??

PS. I’m watching the Great Australian Bake Off. Not recommended during a fast. ??

Hi everyone

Bay, your coleslaw sounds fantastic, definitely on the list for this week.

Nama, yes pickling asparagus is similar to beetroot – steam until just tender, then pack into containers (I use preserving jars because they are straight sided and tall enough for the stalks to stand upright) and cover with spiced hot vinegar. Cover with clingwrap or the preserving jar lid if stainless steel (vinegar will rust non s-s) and store in the fridge. Ready to eat within days and keep for ages. I cut the stalks off to fit into the jars and then cook the woody bases in the water used for steaming and freeze the lot for a winter asparagus soup – sieve out the woody bits! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Amazon, your list includes some of my favourite places – Moana and fish and chips brings back memories of happy teenage years surfing (and my bikini!). Haven’t been to most for years – need a visitor to show around!

Two FDs done and dusted, looking forward to my first cafe latte for the week in 4 hours. Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Morning Nicky
    Well done on the double fasts! You’ll be back in that bikini in no time ๐Ÿ™‚
    It is funny how we tend to not do touring unless we have visitors. I started being a “tourist in my own town” a few years ago. It is staggering how much is on offer right here at our doorsteps.
    Enjoy that latte! P

Hi girls

Purple would it have something to do with being ‘retired’ and having time to explore your backyard?!

Nicky thanks so much for the asparagus tips (!) I will definitely try them! Enjoy your Sunday meet up, should be lots of fun….

Hi Nicky,

I’ve been struggling this evening. I keep walking into the kitchen, giving myself a talking to and walking out empty handed. I think I’ll have to go to bed early ?
    I’ll be breaking my fast with the last portion of granola when I get back from the gym tomorrow. I’m going to substitute it with porage for a few weeks.

Last time I was at Moana my friend asked her husband if he had packed any drinks, he said yes and served up gin and tonics complete with ice and lemon. Such a clever man ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi Purple and Nama,
    You both sneaked in while I was correcting my typos!

Hi Amazon! Get to bed, quick! I tried to last night and some cashews fell into my mouth as I ran thru the kitchen! You can do it girl!

Two glasses of water and off to bed, Amazon. You can do it mate ๐Ÿ™‚

No Nama, I started it after we returned to Sydney with our kids now much older. I was working fulltime, but needed to force myself to not work on at least one day each weekend…other teachers will understand ๐Ÿ™ I don’t think it helped the weight, though. We often found great food-based venues!!! P

Girls! Remember RT’s saying: “Better to eat nothing, than to eat a little” (or something like that ๐Ÿ™‚ You know what I mean, 1 nut and you are gone. Salivation starts and the floodgates open!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

One thing worse than going to bed hungry and that is lying awake with indigestion so I won’t be eating anything!
    I am also looking forward to being bathed in smugness tomorrow having completed B2B.

Night all ?

Ooooo…that smug bath sounds luxurious. Sleep well Amazon….you deserve it!! P

I want to be bathed in smugness too! ?

… me too Happy! ๐Ÿ˜†

The only satisfaction I feel is after my first cup of coffee for the week – bliss! I should practise mindfulness more often then maybe I could bathe in smugness too, like our mighty ” Amazin’ “.

Purple the thought of this old wrinkled bod in a bikini is enough to put me off my food (now there’s a thought …), let alone anyone who saw it but thanks for the encouragement. A modest one piece that covers my rear is my idea of bathing heaven these days. No fear of it falling off in the surf either! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyone who can go 24 hours without food deserves smugness!
    Enjoy wallowing in smug….so much better for you than wallowing in mashed potato (or ice cream). ? P

Morning/evening all,

There has been a promise that we might see the sun at some point today which would be nice after some dull, damp and windy weather.

Gym this morning, hopefully they’ve got the heating sorted out and we won’t all be steamed again ๐Ÿ˜†

I don’t like bikinis or cutaway leg styles as I think they are unflattering on the majority of women. I prefer boyleg styles and have a nice one for the pool at the gym, very comfortable and nothing hangs out anywhere ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I need a new swimsuit for my holiday so I’d better start looking.

Have a good one everybody ?

Hi Amazon,

I’m with you on high leg cutaway swimsuits. I don’t think they’re particularly attractive, even on supermodels. And if you’re less than body beautiful, why on earth would you want to ‘lengthen’ your legs? Does showing some hip actually lengthen my legs or hide my thunderthighes? I think not. It’s still the same dumpy legs, just looking even more ridiculous ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck with the weather! We’ve got heavy rain and squally wind again, lots of flood water about already ๐Ÿ™

Hi folks,

At my age, bathers need to be functional!! Mine are just black speedos with halter neck and zip up the back, more the professional swimmer look! And legs are best under the water line, out of sight!

I hope you woke in a haze of smugness as anticipated Amazon? By now you are probably smugly exercising…. It sure beats being cross with oneself doesn’t it? Another thing I love about 5:2, even if a fast isn’t perfect, there is no guilt. It is such a relief not to be ‘dieting’

I am looking forward to a swim in the morning, need to test Jojo’s ‘total immersion’ theory, sounds like baptism to me! Then a wisteria needs pruning, so hope the sun comes out here too.

Good evening all,
    Can’t chat for long, restricted wifi. Wonderful day visitin Great Ocean Road, 12 Apostles, London Bridge and other stops too numerous to mention. Travelled with a musician from Central England. He backed Hermans Hermits and Fleetwood Mac amongst others. He was a good laugh. He is still working as a professional musician three nights per week. He dyes his hair black, long( of course), skinny, wears a leather jacket with leopard skin arms with zips up to elbows. How does that sound girls? Reminds me of Rod Stewart.
    Fed some more parrots today and saw some sleeping Koalas, cute. Beccy got a nasty bite from a cockatoo, seriously, unfair when you are giving them seed. I reserved my seed for the little colourful parrots.
    The weather today was grim initially but perfect by lunchtime, happy days!
    Definitely not a fast day, fish and chips for lunch and meat pie for dinner, it was all about eating traditional Aussie Food. Actually I loved the pie but the fish was very poor quality.
    I will fast tomorrow, travelling to Adelaide

Afternoon all,

That may just be the best bowl of granola I’ve ever had……… ?

Good workout this morning but too tired for a swim. I’m not sure if it is due to B2B or the physio exercises or both, but I’m happy as both back and hip are improving.

It is a much brighter and warmer day today, but winter is arriving at the weekend according to forecasters.

Jojo, I love Adelaide and I really hope you do too ?

Great posts today . Wallowing in ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ .

Jims man den finished and looking great . all papered and painted and carpeted . Still got the curtain pole and new curtains to go up . We have started to put things back in but this is going to take some time .
    I have made an attempt at a FROZEN style hat with a big pigtail . really pleased with it and some fingerless gloves . I can’t sleep because the ideas keep going round in my head . The great thing is that crochet helps me not eat so much .
    Jim pointed out that I hardly ever snack now and he is right . I also don’t eat as much ” rubbish food” more choosy in what I pick .
    I am loving this WOL and yes I am happy to live like this forever . I am so grateful for you lot too . I honestly don’t think I would be where I am today without you xx

Hello Fast Trackers
    Wow I donโ€™t swing by one day and I miss out on baths of smugness ๐Ÿ˜ฅ you guys are awesome I loved that ๐Ÿ˜‰ and a Victoria Secret parade and comparisons on swim wear. girls just want to have fun ๐Ÿ˜† jojo fish and chips for lunch and a pie for dinner beautiful work surely on the trip of a lifetime when in Australia. I have been doing some research on the water only fast I find it interesting so I have begun a study of one as of yesterday aiming for 3 days 72 hours. Weemam what a mind picture wallowing in ice cream is.
    ok team have a great day.

โ€œOur objective on a fast day is to achieve as long a fasting window as possibleโ€

Peace RT

It’s OK RT as it was a metaphorical bath ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck with the water fast. I tried a liquid only fast and it didn’t ring my bell ?

Another B2B beckons tomorrow and Friday so that’ll keep me out of mischief until my wine tasting adventure on Saturday ?????

Hi RT:

I wish you well on your water fast! While there is no clinical evidence that short term fasts (measured in hours) provide material health benefits, there is a growing body of evidence that short term fasts (3 to 10 days) provide important benefits.

As I have posted this link on my thread and several others you may have already seen it, but if you have not it describes several conditions you may encounter during your fast. The list of conditions starts around minute 16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOBa_hfbRE. I have not experienced many of them during 3 day fasts – they tend to show up on day four and later – but you should beware of dizziness!

Also, this study, while addressing fasting and high blood pressure, also describes how medium term water fasting is done at a fasting clinic: http://www.scribd.com/doc/32727377/Medically-Supervised-Water-only-Fasting-in-the-Treatment-of-Hypertension#scribd.

Good Luck!

I’m so disappointed Simcoe! I saw you’d posted, and assumed you were commenting on the swimsuit discussion ? P

Hi PVE:

Over the years, I have probably seen every swimsuit imaginable. I don’t comment on the suits, but I sometimes comment on the people wearing them!

Thanks heaps Simcoeluv for the links and the information i will most definitely take full advantage of all of that.

Cheers RT

Good evening All,
    Now in Adelaide and suitably impressed so far. Picked up in a very exclusive car by a chauffeur ( originally from Essex) he was a very charming silver surfer. We did a little shopping today and then bought some vital supplies for tomorrow’s 2 day trip to Kangaroo Island. It is very hot here but the flies prevented sun bathing. When are the dung Beatles coming to eat the buggers. They won’t leave a girl alone. What could we do? Go dress shopping of course, actually trouser shopping, my black jeans are too hot, not in a good way.
    I have finally got Wiwi’s phone sim working and got in touch with my new friends in Adelaide. Meet up fixed up, can’t wait!
    This is the last part of my trip that includes my daughter, on Monday I go to Sydney and she returns to Wellington. I am so looking forward to the next few weeks. Shame there are not fast trackers in every city on my visit. I may need to convert a few on my travels. I think I will be able to focus better on my own, my daughter is always thinking about the next meal. She must have got it from me, poor thing.
    I am really enjoying myself. My only moan is choices available to vegetarians here. If you don’t want goats cheese salad or risotto you have a real problem. I think you really need to research the area in advance to get a good choice.
    Just disposed of a nice green salad and am heading for my bed. Early start tomorrow, 6 am to leave. We return Sat night at 10.30 pm so it will be very full on two days. Hope we are not expected to sleep in a tent, don’t fancy that in a Wildlife park. Spooky noises in the night.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,051 through 12,100 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.