Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,001 through 12,050 (of 16,657 total)

• Well done RT, quids in Me thinks! Couldn’t believe it when I heard the news just now, good pick Amazon, did you bet?

PVE – you must return and do the West Coast, incredible scenery. Weather rubbish yesterday and today, very heavy rain. I will return to see more during NZ summer.
    It’s still warm here though so not really complaining. Just had a very nice fish and veg for dinner so feeling good now. Early night tonight as the drive today has really taken it out of me. Mountain roads and heavy rain are not a great combination. Lots of gardens in Greymouth I will miss sadly. I didn’t fancy panning for gold either, silver is my choice of metal jewellery if I can’t get glass.

?

03/11/2015 MELBOURNE CUP 2015 @ FLEMINGTON

MR 7 # 2 5612 CRITERION 3rd 5.50p
    MR 7 # 8 7221 MAX DYNAMITE 2nd 4.30p
    MR 7 #13 5541 THE OFFER
    MR 7 #19 5582 PRINCE OF PENZANCE 1st 86.70w 21.60p
    MR 7 #22 2261 THE UNITED STATES
    MR 7 #23 7221 EXCESS KNOWLEDGE

Return $1181
    Invest $120
    Win $1061

Morning/evening all

I should have placed a bet ?

Well done RT ?

I used to use a knee brace on the knee that has had two surgeries but now I’ve lost weight and got fitter I don’t need it. I only have pain occasionally, usually when the weather is damp and cold and it soon disappears. Keep fasting Wiwi and your knee will improve.
    Sorry to hear about your brother, and I hope he comtinues to recover well.

Jojo, your trip sounds fascinating and I think it is great to experience some bad weather along with the good. One of my most memorable experiences was in the rainforest in Costa Rica. We stayed in a hotel on the side of the mountain and I’ve never seen so much rain come out of the sky in such a short amount of time. Our rooms had a huge window affording an incredible view and I stood watching what looked like sheets of rain coming down into the forest. When I went out for dinner a river had appeared outside the door ?
    It was beautiful, and the next morning the sun was shining again.

Shopping this morning and cinema this afternoon. I’m not hungry so am thinking about fasting again, if not limiting my calories to half TDEE. I’ll see how I feel after walking round the supermarket.

Have a good one everybody ?

Hello all

It has been such a long time since I last posted but have been following the thread as and when I have been able. It was a very busy summer and is turning out to be just as busy an autumn. I have been staying with my 89 year old Mum for the past few weeks as she has a particularly severe attack of gout and has been bedridden and in excruciating pain. There has been very little help or support from other members of the family, who live very close by, and it has been quite hard work. Fortunately the doctor has put me in touch with the local authority adult care team and an assessment is being carried out today with a view to care workers coming in a couple of times a day. I am hoping that by the end of the week I can go home. Poor OH has been wonderful and fully understands, but will be glad to have me home, as will our two hounds!

Fasting has been difficult – quite a bit of comfort eating going on. I don’t have a sweet tooth but mother keeps large bars of chocolate in the fridge. I just had a couple of pieces ….well, you can guess the rest! I don’t think I’ve done a great deal of damage, as I have been very active in my nursing duties and bought a couple of pairs of size 14 cord trousers last week. They are a little on the tight side so will use them as a guide when I can finally get properly back on track. With Christmas looming I really want to get some of the last 10 lbs or so off.

It has been fascinating reading about Jojo’s adventures. What a wonderful time she is having, and lovely to meet up with other Fastrackers in that part of the world.

AO – I do hope your arm is much better now. You really have had a tough time, you poor thing.

Amazon – I do feel for you and your back and joint problems. Good luck with the exercise programme. I suffered from slipped discs, and nearly had an operation 18 years ago, which was saved by a chance finding of a book by a New Zealand doctor who recommended certain exercises. I followed them with amazing results and cancelled the operation. I still have to be careful, and the present situation hasn’t helped it, but generally I don’t even think about it. Losing the weight has certainly helped too.

Happy – how is your garden? Mine has been sadly neglected of late but we were picking runner beans until a few weeks ago and there are still some tomatoes ripening in the greenhouse. I’m hoping to get some chutney made with the green ones when I get home. We have also had a fantastic crop of apples.

Hello to Wee – thinking of you. Your Dad and Jim. So glad you are enjoying your knitting, another benefit of this WOL.

RT – great to hear y-fee is on board, and love your never-ending supply of giggle material!

Hi to our friends down under and in the US and to everyone else – sorry but I don’t have time to write more at the moment.

Keep up the good work all.

Smiffy x

Hi Smiffy,

Sorry to hear your Mum is so poorly and that the responsibility has fallen on you, but hopefully some professional care will be forthcoming.

Fasting is so difficult when we are stressed and when someone we love is ill it takes so much out of us emotionally we don’t have the mental strength to resist comfort eating. You’ve been doing this long enough to know that you’ll get back to it soon enough. I hope your Mum gets the care she needs and that if she doesn’t make a full recovery at least the pain abates and/or can be managed.
    Look after yourself ?

It’s called positive reinforcment RT. Don’t rely on it as an “investment ” income. ? P

Hi Smiffy.
    Low battery and on a train! ? Nice to see you back . P

Good morning all,

I am up early with a rumbling, hungry, hungry tum – paying the price of too many carbs yesterday at Cup Day party. Bay you are so right re carbs stimulating hunger. Oh well, at least I dont have a hangover!

Well done RT!! It was a lovely story with the jockey of the winner wasn’t it? Who gave you your tips? Very nice days work – we need to book in a lunch for everyone then! POP is a kiwi too, what a week the kiwi’s have had..

Speaking of, I hope the weather improves for you today Jojo. And be safe, I want you here in Melb on Monday next! Driving on strange roads is challenge enough.

Wiwi I am so happy your knee brace has helped. I found mine invaluable when my knee was so sore and swollen. Apart from supporting the soft tissues, it seemed to compress the swelling too. Doctor scoffed when I suggested it, but I went ahead and got one and it made life bearable. Not to sure about you attempting Mt Warning again if thats what set it off this time!!

Now, as RT would say, time to get the fast on folks! Have a good one all x

Morning from New Zealand,
    Great to hear from you Smithy, I am sorry to hear about your mums health but glad that you will be getting some help soon. Perhaps it is time for your mother to go into a retirement home. I know many people have concerns about doing this but if you get a good one it will be the making of her. My mum lived in one for 10 very happy years after she had lived with me for 10 years previous to that. Her Alzheimer’s became too much of a problem when I was coping with work and two young children. She let strangers in the house and fequently left stuff on the stove to catch fire. Like you I found my brothers and sisters visited once per month for a cuppa and considered their duty done. Really you just have to tell them outright that you need help. I tried but they all said they were too busy. Sad really. My mum really enjoyed having lots of people her own age to mix with and they took her to her weekly clubs that she used to attend. In fact it was hard to find a time when she was in so I could visit and take her out to lunch.
    Just packing up for the last leg on my New Zealand South Island tour. Hope to see Wiwi in Christchurch. Fasting going well some days and a disaster on others, maintaining but that’s all.
    Christmas push is coming girls, what shall we aim for 7 lbs?
    RT, I am assuming you are at goal now? Don’t spend your winning on cake.

Hi again Smiffy
    I’m sorry you are having to do all the “heavy lifting” with caring for your mum. It seems to happen that way in most families. I took a year off work to care for my mum, even though she was in a “care” facility. She had spent nearly 10 years, happily enjoying life there despite her advancing dementia and Parkinsons, but the frail elderly also need someone “gunning” individually for them. It is the least we can do at the end of their long lives.

I discovered Robin Mckenzie’s Treat Your Own Neck after a car accident in the 1980s. Then Mr P slipped a disc and we bought Treat Your Own Back also. Brilliant! Just like Dr M, he gives you the skills to take control of your own health. Both Amazon and Jo could benefit from his books.
    Power to those who who heal themselves. P ?

Hello all

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We had an assessment carried out today and hopefully a bed will be found in a very nice short-term care home until Mum is back on her feet again and then a re-assessment for some long term care at home. Jojo, I am convinced she would take on a new lease of life in a good residential care facility but she will not be parted from her little dog and very few, if any, will allow pets. I too have been told that the rest of the family are too busy to help out, even though my brother’s wife doesn’t work and lives five minutes away from mother, whereas I live 12 miles away! I nursed my disabled late husband for 10 years while working full time in a very demanding job, but they seem to have forgotten all that – or may be they feel I am well qualified for the work!

I feel much better now that there are wheels in motion for some proper help. Thank you all for your support – it helps tremendously. I hadn’t felt so low in years.

Purple, I’m so glad you benefitted from Robin McKenzie’s books too. Please, anyone reading this with a mechanical back/neck problem do have a look at them. They work!

Have a good night/day everyone.

Smiffy x

Hi Smiffy,

Good to hear from you. I hope life gets back to normal for you soon. It’s never easy being away from your own life for so long, whatever the circumstances, but particularly rough with your Mum’s state of health.

Thanks for asking about the garden. Would you believe we had fresh picked mangetout today! The tomatoes are long gone though, a very poor year. I’ve picked the last of the courgettes this week. The chillies are still ripening, and I’m going to make chilli jam this week. Winter produce is ready and waiting though – brussels, leeks, kale, chard, perpetual spinach, swede, beetroot, carrots. We’ve got a freezer full of peas too. I don’t think we’ll starve!

I’m very jealous of your apples. My new trees haven’t started producing yet, and it’s actually been a very poor autumn with no damsons, plums or medlar on the trees, and blackberries sadly tasteless and to be honest not worth picking πŸ™

Jo,

I’m exhausted just reading about your schedule, what a trip! And good work on maintaining, you must be pleased?

I was interested in your greenstone jewellery. I’ve been wearing a fishhook for 15 years now, but never thought about how it was made. It was bought for me by OH, on a holiday that I couldn’t go on as I was waiting for back surgery πŸ™ He has relatives in NZ so I convinced him to go without me… He says the greenstone is blessed for our union and I can’t take it off. I say what a genius idea for never having to buy me another necklace πŸ™‚ (although I don’t say that in front of native NZers, it’s not a joking matter)

Hi Smiffy

Good to hear from you. Fingers crossed the assessment is going to result in some much needed help for your mum and you. It is so sad about pets not being allowed into residential care. They are now starting to realise just how helpful pets are for older people. I hope you can get some home time soon.

It’s lovely that you can be there for your mother. Comfort eating is normal under these circumstances. My thoughts are with you.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Robin McKenzie and Prince of Penzance – two good Kiwis. And I won the office sweepstake on the latter πŸ™‚ Well done, RT.

Prince Charles and Camilla will be landing in Wellington shortly, into the teeth of a southerly gale! And it’s summer in three weeks πŸ™

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰

Yfee not handling the fast today which is fine she rang to tell me so. I enquired why her sister had arrived with some disturbing news so that triggered I suspect the emotional companion feeding. I am planning to have a go at the sesame lemon chicken with broccoli and butternut recipe for dinner here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3296417/What-500-calories-REALLY-looks-like-10-indulgent-dishes-prove-healthy-doesn-t-boring-s-not-lettuce-leaf-sight.html
    There also looks like some new nice tasty treats to try share and save the recipe. πŸ˜‰
    The selections are my own Nama like the share market a rogue trader just a hobby with statistics mathematics and percentages. Our second son was actually born on Melbourne cup day in 1988 a centenary baby he is and easy to remember his birthday it was the year Empire Rose won the great race πŸ˜‰
    Hi Smiffy good to see your return to the forum
    Nicely done Barata winners are grinners I know that one πŸ˜†
    Yes jojo have I been at goal for some time now of 70kg was as low as 68kg but that is not sustainable for me I will continue on the 4-3 with yfee and the 19/5 with 15000 steps a day. Normally 5-2 mon-thrs the weight usually bounces around 73kg and 70kg so days like yesterday with an extra beer or 2 πŸ™„ and smiths crinkle cut cheese and onion chips 😳 a mid-week fast will balance the ledger.Ok
    Let’s get our fast on πŸ˜†

Have a good day people

β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

G’Day from Christchurch,
    My room sounds as if I am in the middle of a train station, it’s actually a tram stop.
    Had to pay 15 dollars to park the car in ‘secure’ parking because you can’t get parked locally. I am right next to the Cathedral so it is very central.
    Say hello to Charles and Camila for me Barata. I will be Greeting the All Blacks tomorrow so I will return the favour. Think I am getting the better deal.
    Now to plan what to get up to while I am here, certainly a tram ride is on the cards.
    I think the cardboard cathedral is worth a look too. As we have the car we will probably do the wildlife park too, we love furry, feathery things. I even like snakes.
    Three days here then Australia, how excited I am!
    Happy – I did think of making a fish hook necklace but I only had one afternoon so no time. I put a picture of the one I made on FB but not sure if you still use it. I would definitely like to make a more complex design next time. I wonder if there is stone carving in Australia? One girl in the Worksop had been working on her stone for 2 1/2 days and reckoned it would take another 4 days to complete. The drills for making cut out patterns are very small and therefore it can take days. If your hubby has relatives here you may be lucky enough to come here in the future.
    Smithy- thinking of you, always here if you want to email me. This stingy hotel only allows us free wifi for an hour per day.

Hi Jo,

The pendant you made is beautiful, the stone speaks for itself and looks very tactile.

RT,

I’d been wondering how you were managing to maintain your weight with your strict fasting and eating window. Now I know…beer and crisps!

Fasting is a funny thing, you start out just thinking you’ll be eating less and then find out you are learning all sorts of things about yourself, your eating habits and your emotional response to food. Your wife may be shrinking, but her understanding and knowledge is expanding.

Morning/evening all,

Cold and wet this morning ?

I am rarely hungry first thing in the morning. Yesterday I had an egg sandwich for brunch and when I was out had a slice of gateau with my coffee. I am ravenous this morning, and it is a FD. I had better find something to keep me busy.

We went to the cinema yesterday and saw 45 years. It was filmed in winter in Norfolk and the cinematography is stunning. It is about what happens when an event from the past arises a week before a couple are due to celebrate their 45th anniversary and is very though provoking.

https://firststatesuper.com.au/Lifestyle/health-and-mind/not-just-about-the-calories?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Time+of+your+life+issue+21+%28Accum%29&utm_content=TOYL+4&utm_source=www.vision6.com.au

Hi all,
    Still in bed in Jamieson, listening to the lovely rain on the roof which has been falling all night. I hope its also falling in Melbourne, the garden needs it! I posted a link to an article that was in my Super funds newsletter, not sure if it will work! The part about ‘good’ calories and ‘ugly’ calories explains stuff that we probably all know, but good to read again as it is put very clearly.

I had a great fast yesterday, managed on water and coffee all day, then did not get dinner until 9pm as we had visitors on our doorstep when we arrived here! Interesting, the hunger pangs that usually undo me by 6pm on a fast day just gave up and went home by about 7pm. I guess it was all about being distracted! I almost did not have dinner in the end, but succumbed whilst preparing husbands. My old standby of coleslaw with some fetta and olives on top was lovely. I hope I never get sick of it as I rely on it so much as a ‘fastfood’ (premade by moi). I think its the red capsicum and apple that lifts it above the usual!

Wiwi, remembering your comments about one of the main benefits of 5:2 for you was that your ‘happiness’ had increased and our discussion of whether this was simply due to feeling better about ourselves or something more nebulous…..someone on another thread I noticed said exactly the same thing ….. she felt much calmer, more relaxed and generally much happier. Maybe its connected to feeling ‘in control’ of our lives?

Amazon I googled the movie you saw, obviously a brand new release, will watch out for it. Sounds interesting. Appeals to me more than the new Bond movie that husband cant wait for!

Well the rain looks like its not going to ease, to time to get the coats on for a walk in it!
    Have a great day all. xx

Hi All,
    Just returned from the parade. I got a good position right at the start, took lots of snaps as it passed and jumped in after the last car passed. I followed it all the way to the park and took lots more good pictures. I was worried my camera would pack up as I forgot to charge it last night. It stopped just as I got to the park. My daughter had gone straight to the stage at the park so she will cover what I missed. Good arrangement. Huge crowd, very loud, but very good natured. Really enjoyed it.
    Foodwise today has been a disaster, toast, the fish with salad, crepe with ice cream, latte and ginger beer( I seem to have had a ginger craving ever since I arrived in New Zealand) long haul flight thing? Who knows!
    Tomorrow night I have dinner booked on the Tram, history of Christchurch and top notch 4 course dinner. I will fast tomorrow but doubt it will negate today. We have dinner out tonight at Fiddlesticks, Worcester Street, nice Italian menu but I will stick to soup, carrot and ginger. I will need to make a bit more effort next week in Australia.
    My sons girlfriend has joined me doing 5 : 2 so I must make more effort to be a good example. Hopefully my son will support her but he is very thin and eats tons so he can’t really fast, he might disappear. Poor girl I don’t envy her food bill, ours halved when he left home.

Hi Everyone,
    Getting your posts on my iphone, I feel so guilty. It is like being apart of a big family but never speaking up, just soaking up all the communication. I am here, and am doing good. I am 1.2 pounds above my goal weight. But happy. Jo-Jo I really want to go to New Zealand. I want to write so much but ran out of energy.
    Good night, everyone.

Sarah103,
    It certainly is a great place to visit. Unlike my daughter I live happily in the UK and intend staying there. I still have lots of places to visit at home. I need to get up to Scotland too.
    I wish Amazon and Smithy were here with me because there is a fantastic Japanese Restaurant right opposite. I would love to try it but my daughter not keen. Not the same on your own. Not sure what has happened to Wiwi, I have left her messages but no response. Hopefully her brother is still recovering. I plan to spend tomorrow on my own as my daughter and I are going stir crazy together. Such is life! Plenty to do here for both of us to go separate ways.

very crazy weather cycle here 16mm of rain today min 13 max 22
    with 90% humidity so off on the walk in between showers and should i get caught in the rain well at the end of the day it is just water hey πŸ˜‰
    Peace RT

We on the other hand got caught out and got sunburn, seemed chilly when we left for parade. Scorching all afternoon. I covered most parts but face a bit red. My daughter has very red arms and neck. We will really need to carry lotion in Australia.

Not at present Jo. We are sharing the poor weather with SA.
    Same here RT. Cold and raining. Just completed my 24 hour fast with a little smoked salmon and leafy salad. 2 excellent fasts this week. P ?

Morning/evening all

Today is the first morning in months I’ve got out of bed without a trace of stiffness in my back and I’ve only been doing the stretches since Monday. My hip will take much longer to improve but I’m determined to do the exercises for as long as necessary and am looking forward to them becoming less painful.The new mattress is proving to be an excellent investment as it is definitely helping my back. I always thought I slept quite well but have now realised that I didn’t!

Fasting today and tomorrow as yesterday’s FD was postponed due to unavoidable consumption of Colin the Caterpillar birthday cake topped with popping candy ???

Keep the sunscreen handy Jojo – its still wet in Victoria too, but forecast is good: top of 24 by Sunday and 29 Mon! We will need to do that walk early!

Amazon that sounds like my kind of cake! How lovely. Little ones parties are so much fun. Great news that your stretches are giving you relief, pain is so exhausting. And you have hit the jackpot with the mattress too! The old one was probably just deteriorating so slowly you didn’t notice it, its padding was flattening as your padding was disappearing….

We have had two lovely walks today, one in the rain, one after it finally stopped. I thought I needed to come up here to Jamieson to water some recently planted camellias and there has been 30mm rain in 24 hrs!
    Spruiking the 5:2 diet again today, when complimented by a neighbour I hadn’t seen for a while. She says she is starting tomorrow!

We are enjoying the peace and quiet before the weekend when a big car rally will be passing through our little town. There is an annual Porsche Targa event up to Mt Buller, a 3 day event. Saturday they head our way and stop here for morning tea, should be fun to watch.

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰

Got my walk on and did not get rained on a good outcome 6.5km TGIF and POETS day last day of work
    I wonder how Mr P is handling the transition of course loving it but still a big part of life gone over night a cottage in country and a Porsche Targa rally Nama you have my attention πŸ˜‰ I vaguely remember the HDT coming through our little country town with Peter Brock leading in the posse with the Repco Rally I think amazing stuff old school V8 going flat out on dirt country roads awesome.
    I am considering purchasing a unit in the city for the lad to live in as a long term investment and a short term fix rent in the city is so fekking outrageous just saying πŸ˜₯
    Have a groovy day all
    β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Hi RT
    Kind of you to ask. He’s coping…flat out doing all those little jobs that have been building up. And still maintaining the fasting and steps!
    Where are the Friday jokes mate? M

Morning All,
    Off to meet Wiwi, her hubby and brother, very excited.
    We had a fire at the hotel last night, so we were on the streets in our PJ’s for an hour last night. Luckily a tram turned up and we were allowed to board. Such nice friendly Kiwis adding 30 mins to their night work to help us out. Seriously some people had come down barefoot, madness. I grabbed trousers, jacket and handbag with all my worldly goods and passport. Just imagine my stress if my tickets had gone up in smoke. We were told nothing of course and there was no roll call. Assume the have some electronic means of checking how many left the building.
    Chat later, 50+ suncream in my bag today, my red nose is bleeping.

Hello Fast Trackers
    I am quite sure purple you have it all under control busy people are happy people
    Ok enjoy πŸ˜‰
    An old man walks into a bar, sits down, and starts crying.
    The bartender asks, β€œWhat’s wrong?” The old man looks at the bartender through
    Teary eyes and between sobs says, β€œI married a beautiful woman two days ago. She’s a natural blonde, twenty-five, intelligent, a marvelous cook, a meticulous housekeeper,
    Extremely sensitive to my wants and needs, very giving, my best friend, and intensely passionate in bed.”
    The bartender stares at the old man for a brief moment and says, β€œBut that sounds great! You have what every man wants in a woman, so why are crying?”
    The old man looks at the bartender and says, β€œI can’t remember where I live”

Have a happy weekend all you beautiful losers πŸ˜‰
    Peace RT

Beauty! ????
    Have a good weekend. P

LOL RT πŸ™‚

Hi everyone, I am listening to you all having a good chinwag, albeit typed πŸ™‚

I have gained again but after one week almost back on track I am heading in the right direction again. I have not needed as many pain meds this week which I think has helped. I have another 2.5kg to get rid of to be back where I was before all this horror started. I removed 2.2kg this week so if I mix things up a bit this coming week I might just get back to where I was within 2 weeks.

Had a bit of relapse yesterday with overdoing things so was up during the night but had almost 3 hours nap after taking one extra tab. I am also taking lots of multi vitamins for women to help counteract the effects of medication.

Jojo please take care as even with cloud cover you can get sun burnt here which is why regardless apply before going out.

Have to run otherwise I will be late to work … chat more soon πŸ™‚

Good evening All,
    Just spent a lovely day being driven around the hills surrounding Christchurch by Wiwi’s husband. Her brother knows everything about the city so is a useful guide and geological expert. Lovely views but sad to see so many houses damaged in the earthquake still not renovated. I guess some people were too scared to return to the area after the two earthquakes that caused so much misery. New buildings are of the highest earthquake prevention structural techniques, let’s hope they bring peace of mind and safety.
    Watch out Barata, Wiwi has some seriously healthy walks planned for us mid December, just before the Christmas excesses. Whole days up mountains.
    Our fire drill last night was caused by one guest damaging a sprinkler accidentally. Bet was a smoker trying to disable a smoke alarm.
    Just getting ready for my night out on a tram around the city with posh dinner and champagne. Can’t wait! Tomorrow afternoon we head to Melbourne. Australia will need to be very impressive after my tour of New Zealand.

Of course neither myself or Wiwi fasted at lunch, tomorrow is another day, hopefully a fast day.

Morning/evening all

It is β˜”β˜”β˜” and I overslept so my plans for today are scuppered.
    I had a very bad day emotionally yesterday, six months since my brother died and it all came flooding back. Amazingly I was able to resist the temptations of comfort eating and drinking and stuck to my fast and I slept really well. Thankfully I have woken up feeling much better.
    It is perfect weather for curling up on the sofa with a good book, and there is tennis to watch this afternoon.
    Second day of B2B fasts. I still find ot amazing how I can go to bed feeling a bit peckish and occasionally bluddy starving and wake up without a trace of hunger.
    Fab isn’t it?

Jojo, Australia is impressive and you’ll love it. I’m so pleased you are enjoying yourself and look forward to the daily travel report ?

AO, good to hear from you and glad to hear that progress is being made albeit slow.

Hi to everyone else and have a good weekend ?

My old standby of coleslaw with some fetta and olives on top was lovely. I hope I never get sick of it as I rely on it so much as a β€˜fastfood’ (premade by moi). I think its the red capsicum and apple that lifts it above the usual!

Nama I am intrigued I love coleslaw as well I would appreciate your take on this favourite a fast food great name for it as the base for soo much with summer coming around although as I write this I have my trackie pants a bloody beanie and hoodie on πŸ‘Ώ just add egg, sliced chicken, crumbled fished or a small piece of steak so many options 1st what do you use for the dressing 2nd do you use a food processor or knife assuming of course we have now retired the deadly mandolin.

Peace RT

Big hugs Amazon ??

Thanks, Amazon. Have a good weekend. Glad you woke up feeling better. ???

Hi all,

Just back from a lovely moonlit walk, the constant rain seems to have abated for now! The garden is so green, with new growth bursting out everywhere…

Amazon I am sorry to hear you had such a difficult day yesterday, but pleased for you that you managed to get thru it without a carb fest. Your brother will be very proud of you. I am sure he is helping you still. Enjoy you lazy day today and pat yourself on the back.

RT I call my coleslaw fast food because I make a shed load (as you would say!) and store it in a plastic container with a well fitting lid in the fridge. So when I need some, its very fast! And it goes with EVERYTHING. I only add a smidge of dressing just before I eat it, sometimes none at all. My favourite is called Zoosh Kickin’ Coleslaw (IGA or Coles or Woollies have it) and it has 75cals per 20 ml. I never use more than 10ml though, so cals are negligible. It lasts a good 4 days and sort of ‘sweats’ in the plastic, so by day 3 the flavours have really mingled and its a bit moist so doesn’t need dressing at all.

It takes a while to make it as I make so much, but its still a fast food when you can just grab a fist full for several meals over the next few days! I think the secret is getting a good cabbage, tricky now the weather is warming up, so many are bitter. I use the deadly mandolin, we now have a good working relationship, based on mutual respect and a bit more care from me! I use half a cabbage, 1-2 red onions, 1 red capsicum, half a bunch of celery and a whole red apple. All shredded on medium blade of mandolin. Then grate 2 big carrots in and mix well. If feeling skinny I add a big handful of sultanas, plus some chopped almonds or walnuts. Also, if wanting to impress, I even sprinkle some curry powder thru when I add the dressing. (if mixing a bowlful for a crowd) The curry and sultanas and nuts are lovely IMO. If shredded too finely it seems to get too soggy too quickly, but I guess its a matter of experimenting to find what you prefer. I think its the red capsicum, onion and apple that also make it so yummy. Sorry about the novel, but you asked! I have been making it for years and never seem to get tired of it!

Have a great weekend all, we will be up early tomorrow to check out the rally cars….

Thanks everyone, my melancholy came on so suddenly yesterday I didn’t know what had hit me at first but I’ve worked through it and feel fine now.

I make coleslaw with cabbage or brussel sprouts, carrots and onion as a base and might add shredded kohl rabi and sometimes raw beetroot (but it does turn everything purple!) Sometimes I add walnuts or pecans and raisins or sultanas.
    For dressing I use lemon juice, yoghurt and Dijon or grain mustard which works really well, but thick yoghurt is necessary if the coleslaw isn’t going to be eaten on the day as the veg juices come out over time and make it watery. You don’t need very much so it doesn’t add many extra calories. Like Nama I keep it in the fridge in an airtight container. I’m thinking I might make a batch and store the dressing separately which would stop it becoming watery.
    The curry powder sounds fab and I’m going to try it.
    You could make it Asian style and use shredded green papaya etc and some shredded chillies and a soy/fish sauce based dressing.
    I shouldn’t be talking about this on a fast day as it is making me salivate ?

I’ve made an amazing veg and bean chilli for dinner, only 300 calories per portion so I can have some fruit too.
    I was talking to Tessy on her thread and I’m planning vegan meals on FDs in line with adopting an anti inflammatory diet. I’m aiming to eat meat no more than once a week and fish or eggs or cheese on the other days. This isn’t a permanent change but I’m determined to do as much as I can to settle down the hip problem.

Busy papering and painting Jims new man den . and reading all the posts . Just wanted to send Amazon a great big Hug . .. Wishing you all well

Wee xx

Thanks Wee Smiley

B2B FDs almost completed and I’m quite pleased with myself. Fast days are much easier than eating days sometimes………..

Hello Fast Trackers

As we live we learn of course thanks soo much for the detailed β€œslaw” recipe Nama I am now on a mission from god of course to achieve the said Holy Grail of coleslaw Zoosh Kickin never heard of or seen this product before and what a sexy name this is game on now. Wanting to impress did draw a broad a smile and a wave of absolutely deep within so will give the curry powder a go and if feeling skinny in go the sultanas lovely on to it. Amazon you are an inspiration will follow up on the Asian variety I do like the the sound combo of Brussel sprout carrots and onions and the zesty tangy dressing thanks. I have a cheap BigW mandolin a plastic one gathering dust on the top cupboard need a step ladder to retrieve it and in a past deep fryer inspired menu and food base is also a great place for fat to gather and create a dusty greasy smeary mess oh dear what have a become πŸ˜† yfee a steady week hit the skids midweek but did round out with a -1.3kg so total dowm 5.4kg in 3 weeks she is blown away with her achievement and results I was interested in the happiness genie being let out the bottle and she seems more of a straight edge not the serrated edge πŸ˜‰ type not a hormonal psychopathic killer I choose to live with πŸ˜†

Married couples, both 60 years old, were celebrating their 35th anniversary. During their party, a fairy appeared to congratulate them and grant them each one a wish. The wife wanted to travel around the world. The fairy waved her wand and poof — the wife had tickets in her hand for a world cruise. Next, the fairy asked the husband what he wanted. He said, “I wish I had a wife 30 years younger than me.” So the fairy picked up her wand and poof — the husband was 90.

Peace RT

Tee hee RT ?

LOL RT πŸ˜€

Another good day today, had lunch out and a small dinner tonight with the aim of a FD tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday.

Have found out the other thing causing me grief with the darn arm, so will be able to put things into place to not have this happen again, I still have to do the task but it will need to take a lot longer as I’ve been rushing to get it finished as quickly as possible but suffering afterwards. Alternatively if I can do this partially one day and the remainder the next then this should be okay too.

Glad to hear you’re okay again Amazon, we just never know when it will hit but trust me it will get easier as time goes on.

Jojo your NZ leg of your trip sounds wonderful, such treasured memories you are making with your daughter πŸ™‚ we look forward to welcoming you to Oz next week πŸ˜€ safe journeys Smiley

Finally, sorry guys was trying to remember which part to copy/paste … this was the only travelling type one I could find, so sorry and hope it doesn’t offend Smiley

Morning/evening all,

β˜”β˜”β˜”β˜” again this morning, the weather gods have decided we need a monsoon before they send winter weather ?

✈✈✈ Watch out Aussies, Jojo is on her way!

AO I love the man on his horse who is behaving very badly πŸ˜† not quite sure if he would be allowed on the plane though πŸ˜‰
    Thankh for your kind words, everyone has been so understanding and thoughtful and it really helps. Good luck with your fasts,I’m sure you’ll be fine once you get back into doing them regularly.

I’m planning B2B again tomorrow and Monday so today is granola, seafood paella and maybe ?

Hello all

It has certainly been a week of mixed emotions.

Amazon – I empathise your sadness. This week saw the anniversaries of the passing of both my father and late husband. They died on consecutive dates, though two years apart. Your grief is still very raw and I have been thinking of you. We lost one of my brothers eleven years ago. We were very close, but time has left me with just happy memories, as will happen with you. Thankfully his widow, my sister in law, is still very much a part of my life, as are his lovely boys, now 24 and 28.

My mother is now ensconced in what we are calling the boot camp for the elderly. Everyone is very kind except the physiotherapist, whom we have nicknamed the physioterrorist. Very bossy and head-girlish. My poor Mum had only been there for an hour before she was being put through some (for her) rigorous exercises. I’m sure it will be good for her in the long-run but it has all come as a bit of a shock to the system for a near 90 year old who has become used to sleeping most of the day and spending the rest of it in a reclining chair watching tv! I am visiting every day, and miraculously after a few strong words with my (still living) brother the other night, he is doing a lot more to help and, even more miraculously, so is his wife! I thought I may have gone too far but it does seem to have had a positive effect.

I am going to Wales with OH and the dogs on Monday, as I am feeling a bit tired and washed out, so looking forward to 10 days of not doing very much except walks on the beach and through the forest, reverting to fasting and healthy eating, and if the weather is too bad, catching up with some reading and DVDs. Several people have told me I look as if I have lost more wright but haven’t got around to weighing yet. I can’t believe that I have after the wine and chocolate consumption while I was looking after mother. I will be able to ring her on her mobile phone, although she sometimes has difficulty remembering how to use it!

Nama – I love the sound of your coleslaw and will definitely make some, especially with curry powder.

RT – I am also going to try the sesame chicken recipe while I am away. Well done to y-fee. Sounds like win win all round.

Purple – I’m sure Mr P hasn’t looked back now he is retired and able to spend his days with you. Enjoy your time together, we just don’t know what is round the corner.

Jojo – I wish I had been there to visit the Japanese restaurant too. I’m so enjoying your daily reports – I hope you keep your posts and can compile an illustrated journal when you are home again.

Hi to Bay, Happy, AO (glad there is improvement) and Wee – bet you wouldn’t have been able to do all that decorating a couple of years ago! Hope Jim enjoys his man-den.

Hi to everyone else – we’re off for a very damp and windy walk with the dogs and then catching up on chores before visiting mother this afternoon. I’m then visiting a friend who is selling her house and buying another, and needs some help with the mountain of paperwork that is involved these days.

Hello to eveyone I may have missed – have a good day/evening.

Smiffy x

Hi All,
    Finally arrived in Melbourne, it’s huge, I cannot believe it after New Zealand, definitely big brother. In fact it feels like it would give London a run for its money. My friends daughter is collecting us at 9 am tomorrow to go to Ballerat for the day. She has two dogs and a cat so we are very excited, real pet withdrawal going on here. I know my friend is walking my dogs daily but I can’t help missing Dogs. One dog has had four vet visits since I left so it’s quite a worry.
    Hopefully we will have a healthy vegetarian lunch tomorrow, I am really looking forward to lots of vegetables while I am here and lots of fasting too of course. Meeting up with Nama too, can’t wait.

Jojo it appears I’m out of whack somewhere I thought it was early next week you arrived here in Oz, but from you post you’ve arrived already πŸ˜€ … WELCOME!!

Smiffy good to hear from you, it’s not easy taking care of an ageing parent, from the sound of things your mum may well benefit from the physioterrorist as she may well become more mobile and more able to do more things for herself. Take care of yourself and have a well deserved rest πŸ˜€

Jojo when you get to Adelaide you may find it more NZ-ish, we are close to both hills and ocean, also several wine regions, lots of fresh fruit and veggies too, so much to see and do πŸ˜€ .

Good night one and all, I’m rather tired, it’s been a long week and I’ve taken on another job, tutoring, so an extra 10 hours worked this week on top of the 40 plus hours at my normal job.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,001 through 12,050 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.