Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,801 through 11,850 (of 16,657 total)

• Great news RT! Does that mean we can expect to ‘see’ Mrs RT here sometime?!

Nama, I’m not so skinny that I don’t still have some fat reserves πŸ™‚ I don’t know what it is, but I have noticed that I don’t seem to temperature regulate as normal when I run on a fast day. Also my blood pressure is low end of normal at the best of times, so maybe it’s a blood pressure thing? I’m not in training for anything, and don’t run every day anyway, so it’s not a problem. I just avoid my runs when I fast.

Nicky, great to hear you’ve come back strong from your wee fasting wobble. Good work!

Morning all,
    Just finished packing up for trip around the South Island. Sun shining and nice and warm but if I believe the forecast I am heading to bad weather.
    Really looking forward to my next adventure.
    RT- I am sure you will make a great coach, maybe you should include some incentives at each half stone? Only you will know what she will work hard for!
    Nama- great to hear no height challenges in Melbourne, still recovering from yesterday.
    PVE and Barata- you will both need travel memory foam cushions as you are both skinny minis now. I still have lots of padding to lose.
    Bay- good to know you enjoyed Welli fron too, I love it, no wonder it was voted ‘. Coolest little city in the World’ it is deserved.
    My daughter really enjoyed her day at work yesterday, the pre- school was very much like the one I used to run so she felt at home after the first 20 minutes. Question is, can she get the job when it is advertised? Only if there is not a suitable Kiwi candidate, which is fair. She could always apply to be a Lord of the Rings Guide, there is nothing she doesn’t know about it.
    This cafe is very interesting, yesterday evening there was a knitting circle and now there is a sign language session for a disability group. Love it? They are even doing some math to check change when shopping.
    Amazon- hope the Physio goes well. I rely heavily on my hot water bottle and pain killers at the moment.
    Speak soon everyone

Thanks for the advice Jo. I’ll be going economy so I’ll probably need it. Even Mr P is too bony to make a soft pillow next to me now. ‘Skinny Minnie’ P πŸ™‚

Hi all

Thin, good to hear from you. Thank you for the compliment, so humbling that you think I was an inspiration – just getting on with the doable is my philosophy. I felt a little guilty stopping posting on the SH thread but don’t have time to do justice to two busy ones and the ‘ladies of a certain age (LOACA)’ thread had more contributors with things in common with my life at the time. Sadly, it went pear-shaped but many LOACA cyber friends joined Jo’s thread so I came over here.

RT, thanks for the chuckles. Such good news about Mrs RT. To be her loving mentor is certainly the best present you could ever give her.

Thanks for the travel news Jo. It’s lovely to enjoy Wellington again through your eyes.

Thanks everything for feedback on memory foam. Unfortunately in the height of summer we sometimes struggle with just a sheet on, so switching to a lighter quilt is not an option. Will continue research but both OH and I are waking with lower back pain so definitely need something to change – maybe will first try a ‘topper’ on our old Simmons Beautyrest pocket spring mattress – you may remember the ad with all the tiny muscular men representing the springs πŸ˜‰

Yesterday’s FD went to plan so planning the same for today with fish for dinner. Not sure if it’s the new South Australian ‘no fish’ zones RT, but Silver Whiting ($45/kg)and Garfish ($55/kg) are getting expensive – have switched to Coorong Mullet at $30/kg. Nearly as good and easier on the budget.

Another frantically busy week – will be logging a few extra hours to keep up.

Following RT’s quote theme, this Spanish proverb is my favourite: ‘a life lived in fear is a life half lived’. In a vernacular form: ‘no guts no glory’. Go for it Fasttrackers!

Take care and keep up the good work. n xxx

Hello,
    I have been following everyone’s posts. My hubby has four crushed vertebra and the doctor ordered him a foam topper. He sleeps like a baby and so do I. It is well worth the comfort. It is warm during the summer, but the rest is worth it.

I am still maintaining, but not too well. I participated in six week no sugar challenge, it ends tomorrow. I did not eat any processed sugar for 6 weeks. This tells me I do great at challenges. The gym I joined has helped me be accountable.
    My next challenge will be to complete two fasts a week for 6 weeks. Really I want fasting to be a life style. The only thing is you fasters are the only fasters I know. How do you keep yourselves accountable?
    With Jo-jo I was going to write down how I felt through out the day. I did it for two days then forgot.
    Rt are you going to be an official fast coach. How much are you charging? lol
    I know last summer I posted all most every day. Maybe I should do that.
    I am a skinny mini too, but fasting helps the “no guts no glory”.
    Maybe since I have been working out I have been afraid to fast. I use to workout in the morning, now that I am in a gym it is in the late afternoon. I barely make it to 12:00 with out food. I wonder what it would be like to workout after fasting all day.
    Thank you for listening to my thought download. My goal is to post tomorrow night.
    My plan tomorrow is to eat below 400 calories before I workout. Lots of veggies for me.
    Take care everyone.

Hi all,

Hope day one is going ok RT – be gentle on her!! Your wife has seen your brilliant example and decided she wants some of what you are having! Its just like parenting, we have show our kids by example, all the lectures in the world wont work. You must be so thrilled.

Bay your post was lovely, thanks! Nicky, it sounds like your mattress needs improving or replacing if you are both waking up with back pain. I would rather sleep with no sheets on a hot night and be comfortable!

Good to hear from you Sarah. Wow, you succeeded – 6 weeks with no sugar is a great feat! I don’t know any other fasters either, apart from people I have ‘met’ on this forum. I think its a great way to be accountable. You are not going to tell us how brilliantly you are going, then go away and eat rubbish are you? Fasting can be really hard, but the alternative is far worse!! I never, never want to be fat again! I also think you might be surprised just how much exercise you can do whilst fasting, give it a try.

Jojo I forgot there is one big tourist attraction in Melbourne that involves height! There is a thing called the Skywalk which involves a lift on the outside of a very tall building, with a glass floor! Wouldn’t get me in it for a million dollars!! I don’t like being up higher than about 6 floors, a real sook I am. Enjoy the South Island!

Morning/evening all,

Physio assessment was very lengthy and thorough.I have a mechanical back problem which can be cured with stretching so a routine will be worked out for me. The bad news is as I suspected but didn’t voice, I have arthritis in my hip and most of the issues and pain are arising from that. Obviously no cure but an exercise programme to strengthen the muscles that support the joint and keep it as flexible as possible without causing further irritation is required. We ran out of time so current instructions are continue what I’m doing, he was very impressed with what I do at the gym, and back in two weeks for the exercise and stretching instruction.
    He told me that the latest thought on osteo arthritis in the light of research, albeit carried out on mice, is that a high fat diet is a major contributor to the disease as is being obese, and that they no longer think wear and tear has as much of an impact as previously thought because athletes don’t get it and they put their joints through an enormous amount of stress through repetitive movement.
    The good thing is that due to 5:2 although I eat full fat rather than low fat, I don’t eat a lot of it, I don’t eat meat every day, and I’ve never been one for buying processed stuff. I’m going to do some reading on anti inflammarory diets and see if there is anything I’m not eating that might be of benefit.
    Where is SAMM, he would know ?

At least ?is fat free ?

Have a good one everybody ?

Looking forward to the gym as I’ve not been since last Monday. I’m really noticing the difference the new mattress is making as I’m much less stiff in the mornings. I’m really looking forward to the stretching regime and relieved that it is just a mechanical problem and that my sacro iliac joint is OK. I was misled by the pain being similar to what I had before, but had noticed one or two other signs that led me to think my hip was the problem, but was in denial until yesterday.
    Fortunately I’m a long way off the hip replacement stage and am determined to keep it that way so’ll do everything possible to prevent it from progressing too quickly.

Amazon, glad to hear your pain issues are finally being addressed and your new mattress is giving relief. Enjoy the gym, you may be there now, while I’m typing this just before bedtime.

Thanks Nicky,

I am so pleased that the mattress has had such an immediate effect, and also relieved that the physiotherapist was so positive about being able to minimise the hip pain and strengthen my muscles.
    I forgot to mention earlier that he is Australian. He won’t be treΓ€ting me as he is standing in for someone who is on holiday this week, but it is an excellent department and I’m confident of receiving the best treatment.
    The gym was great this morning, an hour of cardio followed by a 30 minute swim in a quiet pool and the luxury of having the jacuzzi all to myslef! ?

Great to catch up with you all, I’ve had a rubbish few weeks but today I’m feeling “in the zone” and inspired by all of the wisdom on this thread! RT has the best motto- It most certainly is easier to avoid eating than to stop.

PS I didn’t like my memory foam mattress and have put it in the guest room!

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Yes fast friends when we recognise and have full accountability for our health and for our extra weight with acceptance you then take responsibility and I think when you live with someone who is struggling and finally they stop making excuses and find the solution comes the honesty so a new faster is born people no Happy you will not see her here but I will be. Nama I remember you saying once that just listening as a male and not trying to fix things was the way to go and so it has proved in her own time over twelve months now but who’s counting πŸ˜‰ just out of the blue ok then I need your help and I want to start the 5-2 and so here we go fast trackers. Day one went well thank you each and everyone of you beautiful people
    Happy Hump Day
    RT

Very positive Amazon. Thank goodness you now have a cause and solution to your pain. You might even end up tall! ? Keep up the lubricants.

Keep going Iona πŸ™‚ You can do it! !!

RT, I’m SO impressed you can actually understand that a woman does not want to be told, just understood! You must be very patient. Well done. ?

Hi everyone else. Catching up with Wiwi for lunch today. Hope the weather holds. P

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting but I have been reading all the posts so I am keeping up with you. Great to hear Mrs RT has joined us (albeit not in here at this point). I’ve had to make the choice of pain management with the help of some pain medication rather than fasting but even so I’m mindful of what I eat. I was just finding I was not coping with both. Not saying I won’t get back into the groove just that I have to just keep to the non-FD consumption ?. I’ve also had to stop physio for a while.
    So glad to hear that Jojo is having a great time down under in NZ.
    Amazon glad you’re getting some help.
    Thinking of you all and without you all in here I’m sure I would have not kept even this much on track so take a bow one and all.
    Even though I may not post much at the moment I am keeping in touch by reading everyones posts.

Hello from not so sunny Gosford (north of Sydney)
    So many posts to catch up on! I will read them in the next few days.
    Fasting is not going too well, but almost managing. It’s not easy on holiday.
    Two days ago we climbed up Mt Warning which is near the Queensland border of New South Wales. OH got up to the summit and I got up to the plabe it becomes very difficult.
    My second knee has decided to give up after improving with ADF- looks like surgery there in the next couple of years.
    It will be great to see Purple in a few hours.
    Wiwi

Good Morning everyone!

Well we made it Back to the Future and what a future it is!! So much great news on here this morning.
    Amazon I am so pleased your physio assessment went well and you have clear direction for improving your pain levels. Hopefully now you are slim and being active, it will never need surgery!

RT wonderful to hear Day one went well. I believe its the hardest, to get confidence that fasting wont kill us. So nice you remembered my advice, you are obviously a SNAG! Mrs RT was clearly nervous re starting, as she has a pretty daunting role model to keep up with, so keep reminding her how it was for you at first.

Great to hear from you too AO. You have had a terrible time with your arm!! I think you are wise to lower the bar a bit – just by being careful and keeping stable you are making progress. Pre 5:2 such a health set back would probably have seen you stack on weight with comfort eating. Now you just need to be patient. As you say, keep reading the thread. Even if you are not able to actually contribute, you will still feel in touch and more accountable.

Wiwi and Purple have a great lunch!! My turn next week to meet our jetsetting Wiwi, then Jojo in November! Wow!! Wiwi maybe the humidity is making your knee worse. Mine always swell in the heat/humidity, making any pain much more obvious. My knees have been great lately since losing the weight, but if I ever get a twinge of pain, its always in warm weather. And any sort of climbing is very hard on knees, so Mt Warning would not have helped. Thats the only bit of good advice I got last year from orthopod – walk for miles on the flat, but try not to climb anything – hills, stairs or ladders!

Amazon the luxuary of working out for an hour and half. Wow!
    Nama, I wish I could eat rubbish but I think it would be like a three day bender and it would take me days to recover. Maybe some ice cream on my birthday would be ok.
    AO- pain meds are not fun, it is going to take some time but you have not fallen off the wagon. I hurt my foot a couple weeks ago and have not done any walking since, I am a 10,000 steps a day person. I am ok with right now staying off of it because I do not want to injure it more. You have been hurting for such a long time, I hope you get relief soon.
    Rt- Yes we have accountability for our own health, and that is why I am posting today. It was a non fd but without any sugar or processed foods.

I saw the oddest thing today- a dog walking up my street with a dead chicken in its mouth. It made me count my four dear chickens. They are all safe and sound. Hoping the owner of the dog keeps him/her tied up or locked up from now on. I know what my neighbor is going to be eating tonight. CHICKEN

Oh Sarah…I hope the dog eats the chicken not the people. I’ve lost so many myself to dogs and foxes. So heartbreaking.

AO, so sorry to hear you are still struggling. Stick with your ft family. We are here for you. X

Waiting for the train home after a great catchup with the lovely Wiwi and Mr W. She is looking terrific. Full of life and trimming down. Top work Wi. Enjoy the rest of your Aus holiday. P ?

Hello lovely fasters as usual I am lurking on this thread and loving it all πŸ™‚ just wanted to chip in for Nicky re the mattress. I should look in to latex for your mattress. It is soooo comfy and also supportive but because it is natural material does not get hot. But is expensive. So I don’t have one yet. But hope to one day πŸ™‚ you can get mattress toppers in latex I may start with that. Amazon. Sorry to hear about arthritis in your hip, So painful. But brilliant to have a good physio. . Good physios and bad physios can make such a difference I’ve found! Having had experience of both. Anyway. Thanks for the tip about high fat and arthritis. Will look in to that. So much nurritional stuff to keep up with these days my granny had a much easier time of it I feel Just worrying about whether food had gone off without any fridges I suspect πŸ™‚ her problem was scarcity our problem is abundance πŸ™ jojo you are having such a brilliant trip. Makes me want to travel to NZ and OZ. Meet everyone there. Enjoy your adventures πŸ™‚ RT I cannot imagine a better teacher, you are smart but also very funny. Great combination good luck to Mrs RT. Happpy fasting all πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all

Dull and damp here this morning.

One last word on mattresses, I wish I’d bought a new one a long time ago because I was in the kitchen this morning before my back even crossed my mind and it is usually the first thing I think of when I open my eyes, wondering if I’ll be able to stand up straight. So much better, it’ll be fab once the physio starts!

AO good to hear from you. So sorry that your struggles with your arm continue. You are right to stop trying to fast as you need to put all of your energy into healing.

I have an exciting day ahead, the gas man is coming to service the boiler πŸ˜‰
    It gets better as I’m off to the theatre this evening to see the musical Gypsy and really looking forward to it. I’m hoping the weather improves by then as I don’t want to be sitting in my seat dealing with a wet coat and umbrella ?

Sarah, Working out is hard but I enjoy it and it has made me so much fitter. It is definitely a luxury when the pool and/or jacuzzi are unoccupied apart from me ?

Good evening/ morning all,
    It’s great to be in the South Island and driving again. What a stunning place it is here snow capped mountains, pine woodlands and beaches all in one vista and the weather is fabulous. Currently in Kaikoura overnight, swimming with the Dolphins tomorrow. We managed a two hour walk this evening with a dinner sandwiched in the middle. Chose fish and veg which was superb. Now in our very nice motel room, ready for an early night.
    Amazon- seems you have joined me with the hip pain issue, definitely fo for anti inflam diet which includes red peppers, garlic and onion, so hit the stir fry. Try Paleo techniques for health benefits. I noticed the difference when I used a memory foam topper. Try acupuncture, it’s amazing, I couldn’t believe the difference. Sadly I still need more, may need to plan some over here.
    Wiwi and PVE – glad to hear you met up, hope you had fun.
    All my best wishes to all my fasting friends, keep fasting, keep doing 10,000 steps daily minimum. I am trying hard to get back in the zone but it is a struggle, I am pleased to be resisting most temptations.

Hi
    So many great posts to read here and so positive too. I have had a memory foam topped mattress for about a year now. Saying that, I have been getting stiff hip joints and sometimes a bit painful in the mornings. I know what it is. Lack of exercise!

I always did a lot of exercise but have been really lazy over the last 3 years or so. If I want to get the rest of this excess fat off I shall need to really get going. I have no excuse as I have everything in the house I need. Bike, treadmill, cross trainer, weights, dvd, etc. What do I do? Look at it all!!

Amazon, love your posts and will use you as inspiration if you don’t mind.

JoJo, you travels sound wonderful. Wish I was there.

I have FD again tomorrow. It’s raining here so on the treadmill now.

Have a good day everyone.
    Beverley

Hi All,

Beverley the exercise will help with stiff joints, but your weight will come off without any exercise if you follow 5:2! Of course exercise has many benefits, but dont blame lack of it for not losing weight. I think you just have to find the one that you enjoy, otherwize you will never stick with it.

Jojo your trip sounds wonderful. The South Island of New Zealand really is amazing. And it sounds like you are embracing everything! Dont stress about fasting, just be sensible and maintain. Keeping off the lattes is a great idea, they have so many unecessary cals. If I have a coffee out I ask for a flat white with extra water and less milk, I actually prefer it that way and lots less cals. But I think you are right to stick to tea, even green tea with no milk at all. Save the calories for the local specialty foods, you can have coffee at home.

Nice to see you over here Tessy! Save your pennies and get that new mattress, its got to help! But then anyone who can sleep on their office floor obviously does not need a soft bed!

We are off to Jamieson for four days tomorrow morning – friends to stay so I will take lots of mineral water to drink between the glasses of wine! Hoping my roses up there have started to flower, bit behind Melbourne as its a cooler region. Walking shoes and camera packed!

Hey Jojo, keep it up! I am having great success with neverflab, because it is set to never end. With big, hard diet protocols the threat is always that one day it stops, and then you go back to square one again…

Hi Beverley and welcome,

This thread is an amazing source of inspiration, tips and support and I wouldn’t be doing so well without the help of those who contribute.

Hi Jojo, South Island sounds fab ?

Thankfully I don’t need acupuncture. With the benefit of hindsight I would say the hip pain is an arthritic flare up and is now starting to settle down. The strengthening exercises will help me keep the joint protected, and my regular routine will keep me mobile and as flexible as possible.
    As for the diet, I did a lot of reading and research yesterday, and every foodstuff that was suggested for anti inflammatory purposes is already a regular part of my diet apart from green tea, chia seeds, soya and celery. I dislike tofu but do eat soya beans but as far as I’m concerned celery is devils food and I won’t be eating it any time soon :spit: :yuck:

I already eat a lot of garlic, onions, peppers and other veg, take Omega 3/6/9 and glucosamine supplements and regularly use all of the oils, spices and herbs recommended. I’m not overly fond of stir fries and only eat them when I can’t think of a better idea, but have a huge number of recipes that contain the things on the extensive list I’ve compiled.
    I might need some more ?though as I only have 24 bottles πŸ˜‰

Nama, our posts crossed,

When I have coffee out, I usually ask for milk on the side so I can add as much or as little as I want. I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people don’t actually like coffee very much as they drown the taste with gallons of milk or even worse, those horrible flavoured syrups.

I can’t drink green tea, I’ve tried really hard to like it but I don’t.

Have a good time at Jamieson. Would you like some of my rain for your garden?β˜”

Hi Amazon,
    Any rain gratefully accepted thankyou! Its been very dry here for us gardeners, though we did have some lovely soft drizzly rain in Melb today, I got soaked gardening in it all morning! So I went for a swim this afternoon seeing I was already wet!

Interesting point you make about people not liking coffee – so many ask for cappucinos with all that froth! I reckon thats taking up room in the cup that could be filled with coffee! I just opened a new packet of coffee beans tonight, they smell so good its hard to believe they are legal! I can drink green tea if its very weak, it tends to get too bitter for me. I am not sure why you hate celery so much? You must have had a bad experience with it as a child! I put it in every soup and casserole and can easily enjoy it raw. Great fibre.

I also bought a lovely new dress today for the Christmas festivities. I got a lovely surprise when the smaller size fitted neatly, though I probably will have to live on celery for a few months! 5:2 has been an expensive exercise buying new clothes, but hey, we save money on food!

Husband will be up at dawn with the engine running, so I better get to bed, night all!

Nama, I’ve never liked celery.
    If it is chopped up finely and used in sauces I don’t notice it but I cannot eat it raw, or cooked as a vegetable in it’s own right. I had a very bad experience with braised celery as an adult when I ate it at a friends grandma’s table as she was so fierce I couldn’t tell her I didn’t like it. It came back up almost immediately.
    Never again Smiley

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Hi nicky yes I get fresh flake from the my local butcher on Thursday @ $35 a kg who gets it from Kingston SE a very nice product and like everything at his shop Nicky beef and lamb almost doubled. AO it’s very cool to be a part of her program as the mentalist I will need to put in some quite different thoughts and scenarios I have a lot of youtube information tv & radio interviews articles on IF Ebooks etc on the laptop so I have my own exclusive live list of FAQ to call on that’s unique.
    Tessy thanks it’s a bit of a challenge to guide and have really good frank and fresh discussions without wanting to sound like a smarty pants and a know it all so I really have to concentrate on that. Tue & Fri are her fast days at the minute and you are correct Nama parenting absolutely I think I will be more anxious at weigh in on Saturday morning than y-fee πŸ˜‰ she seems at least to me to be really highly motivated maybe too much so with high expectations but at least we have begun and at 93.7kg and 166cm a BMI of 34 we needed to so it will be a marathon and not a sprint for her but the scale results are the driver and not health benefit’s right now she is not at all keen for group or gym activities so many competing age groups body shapes and types plus is it a glamour regime and fashion show or a weight loss sand fitness strategy. It’s our 33 years wedding Anniversary next Thursday and my birthday next Wednesday so that will be good opportunity to implement and reinforce the positive change and keep on keeping on.
    Some of the girl’s and ladies are in immaculate condition at the gym it must be said just saying 😯 and she simply does not have the confidence to mix it with them which I whole heartedly concur with.
    As we all know it is compliance in the IF and 5-2 which makes it the doable not a strenuous and militant regime like the BLF on channel ten so the tortoise and the hare for y-fee
    Sorry team ok enough rambling..
    I need to get my fast on πŸ˜†
    As
    I already got my walk on this morning 6.5km πŸ˜‰
    Happy Fast Day People
    β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

RT,

I think we’ll all be on tenterhooks for Mrs RT’s weigh in!

She has got a long journey ahead of her, in fact far longer than she if she had joined weightwatchers! This is for life, not just for weight loss. But with you by her side, how could she fail?

Good luck with striking the right balance! And try not to worry πŸ™‚

Hello

Just been catching up on the posts from a while back.
    Now I am in the southern hemisphere I remember that you, AO, are the first to post- but not this morning. How are you?
    Nama, I am excited by the idea we are meeting on Monday. It’s raining in Gosford this morning, though I don’t think that is much benefit to you.
    Purple and we had a lovely lunch yesterday, in the beautiful town of WoyWoy. Will put a photo on FB.
    The fish was fresh off the boats. Good FD choice.
    RT, loved the jokes last week and the wisdom today.
    I like celery too, raw. Always have it in the car on long trips.Aussie celery is very good.
    Happy days
    Wiwi
    JoJo, Kaikoura is a beautiful place. Enjoy your trip.

Morning all,

Just out the door and informed I wont have wifi this weekend! So will have extra bated breath RT! Not worried though, I know she is in good hands.

Wiwi I am excited re meeting up too, will not be on F/B but will still have email.

Have a wonderful weekend all, celery or not xx

Raining here, down Bay’s way,today and the temp has plummeted. Not ideal as I’ve only brought summer clothes to go to a party tonight. 9 deg predicted tonight, so I HAD to have that steak and mushroom pie at the roadside stop to warm up ?
    Better luck other Thursday fasters. ? P

Hi Wiwi
    Sorry I missed you this trip. Still in Brisbane until Saturday night. ?? Glad you’re having a good time, and could meet up with Purple.

Hi JoJo
    Absolutely love the South Island. It’s so beautiful.

Hi RT
    I’m logging back into this thread because of you. Such a wonderful coach you’re being with Mrs RT. No pressure for her and for you. ??. As you say, this is a marathon, for life. Thanks for all the support you’ve provided through the last year.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hi Purple

Sculpture by the sea looks great. Can’t quite believe it’s a year since we looked at the last series of sculptures. Everyone can log on to see what this year’s sculptures are. Must work out if I can get to Sydney in the next four weeks to see them.

Cheers, Bay ??

what? did everyone on this site post today? It is amazing!!
    Hi bayleaf
    Purple- that is cold! Today it was 78degrees.
    tanga- celery is expensive here, I do need to buy some
    Happy Now – yes this is a way of life.
    RT- 33 years, awesome!!! I stayed out of the gym for 23. Exercise is good, but the fasting is what works!!!
    Nama- a new dress keeps you accountable, I think you are on to something. The celery is calling your name, not the rubbish.:)
    Hello to everyone else!
    I made it through my first fast day, I am going to mark it on my calendar. I had a lovely liver salad, and mashed cauliflower. For desert I made coconut oil with 2 TBS of unsweetened cocoa.
    Good night all.

Hiya Guys,
    Not feeling bright and perky as I had a shocking nights sleep, less than 3 hours sleep. Hitting the freezing cold, big swell water after this was too much for me. Kept getting knocked about so returned to the boat. My daughter braved it along with 5 others and swam with a pod of dusty Dolphins for 30 minutes. They were blue but happy when they returned. Luckily I have another experience booked in Australia which I hope will be more sucessful. Of the people on my boat 70 % were seasick, we were ok but I was just exhausted.
    We drove to Christchurch and booked into our very spacious motel. Good news is I have been too tired to eat today but will try something light before bedtime.
    Scenery here still spectacular and I plan on visiting the Botanical Gardens tomorrow, hoping to meet up with an American teacher I met on the ferry, after we check out. Next stop Oamaru on our way to Dunedin.
    Sounds like everyone is positive on this thread, keep it up, fasting is happiness when we work at it. Now for a siesta, really necessary.
    Amazon- I am with you on the celery discussion, I can only eat it with ble cheese to disguise the taste, don’t even like it in soups or casseroles. Wonder why we have this aversion? Is it just British celery?
    I am really missing both bowls and gym but loving New Zealand.

Glad you are loving NZ Jo. It is a BEAUTIFUL place and the Kiwis (human) are SO warm and welcoming.

Ha ha Sarah. I think you are talking deg F not C ? Bought a $10 jumper to keep warm. ? P

Hi
    I had my FD yesterday and very good it was too, 500 cals on the nose! By bed time I was naggy, hungry and had a headache though, so family were not impressed. I think it was more to do with a poor sleep the previous evening than the fasting. So pleased to get back to the routine, I was in danger of slipping right back into those old nasty habits that found me eating lots of biscuits and chocolate. Urghhhh!
    Ooh Jo celery and blue cheese ~ Delish, may call at the shop for some on the way home tonight.
    Have a great day team!

Morning/evening all

I slept through the night without waking, something that rarely happens ?

Went to the theatre last night to see the musical Gypsy starring Imelda Staunton a British actress who has done a lot of TV and film work. I didn’t know she could sing and she has a really good and very powerful voice. She was amazing and the supporting cast good too. Apart from the fact that the seats were uncomfortable, it was a fab evening.
    FD today so I’m popping out for a steak pie πŸ˜‰

Well done Iona, I’m sure cutting out those biscuits and chocolate contributed to the way you felt last night, but the next FD will be fine, and it is so satisfying to get back into the routine.

I’m aiming to get out in the fresh air today as it is the time of year when making the most of decent weather is important.

I never knowingly eat celery and wouldn’t dream of including it in a soup or casserole but I’m sure I’ve unknowingly eaten it in restaurants in sauces where the flavour mingles with the other ingredients.
    I went to a very upmarket place with some girlfriends one Christmas and I ordered guinea fowl. When the waitress put the plate in front of me the food was topped with a stick of braised celery. My friends all roared with laughter, somewhat confusing the waitress who understood when I picked up the celery, put it on my bread plate and asked her to take it away. Even the smell of it makes me nauseous. The guinea fowl was delicious ?

Hi Bay good to have you baxk on team πŸ˜‰ thank you for your thoughtfulness goodness of heart and generous spirit
    I have a great opportunity Bay to help her become the best version of herself that she can be after 5 billy lids a few hiccups with menopause a complete hysterectomy at 44 and giving up the smokes etc and 57 years young on the treadmill we call life has added I would say a kg for every year of happy wedded bliss IMO πŸ˜‰ So together we are helping her achieve something amazing it is important to be mindful that we are not looking for anyone or anything new here just someone she used to be I am drafting a phrase as we speak that is looking a little like this and it is a rough draft.
    But
    β€œYour success is our success”
    Eat Fast & Live Longer
    RT

RT,

I’ve never wanted to be anyone else, all I want is to the best (or at least a better!) version of me. And fasting has certainly contributed to that.

What is it that suddenly wakes you from the stupor and sets you on the path? Who knows. But Mrs RT is there. She does this for herself, but it benefits all of you if she is more confident and likes herself more, and is healthier and fit for a long and active life with her family and friends around her.

What greater gift to give your loved ones than a commitment to be in their lives, healthy and happy, for as long as possible?

I’m not sure about your saying though, because surely it is her endeavour/ her willingness to change that is important? Your focus on her success (when she is judging that by weight loss, for now at least) suggests it is the results that matter and may make her feel she is failing herself and you if the scales don’t move… Just saying πŸ™‚

Hi
    I am so pleased with my progress so far, 7 lbs in 6 weeks is not so bad. I was stay the same this last week but had a fab weekend not losing.

Am really hoping that getting back on the exercise will help me on my way. I am going by my middle inch size as a panic area. If it is meant to be half your height to be in the safe zone then I should be 6 foot 3 1/2 inches tall. I am 5 foot 7 inches!

I believe in energy in and energy out and always have done and it worked for over 40 years so…….get off my butt again.

It is so good to read all your posts and I wish you all so well.

Beverley

Obituary printed in the London Times
    Interesting and sadly, rather true

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain,
    Why the early bird gets the worm,
    Life isn’t always fair, and
    and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student, but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers:

I Know My Rights,
    I Want It Now,
    Someone Else Is To Blame, and
    I’m A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
    Peace RT

Love the post RT. good luck with it all. Bay πŸ™‚

i am the only on left Bay
    i have survived πŸ˜‰

Well done, RT. am off to bed now. I think both Purple and Nama are off in the wilds having great weekends. Don’t know where all the UK posters are. I ate lots of dark chocolate today. So my sugar free challenge is overdue. Planning to start soon. Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Good evening all,
    Today I went to the Botanical Gardens in Christchurch and met two travellers, one American ( from New York)and one Australian(from near Brisbane) retired teacher and working woman both on 6 week trips. We really enjoyed the garden which has many species of tree and planting also many wild birds. We fed ducks and terns, sparrows and thrushes. There are gondoliers punting people down the river, some of them even sing, ha ha. Not sol le Mia or Just one Cornetto though. There was also some interesting sculpture, posting on Facebook. It was a lovely sunny afternoon. We shopped in Christchurch before heading to Oamaru for an overnight stop to see the blue penguins return to their nest, bless them, such cute little things. We saw over 100 land and safely scuttle off to their man made nests. It’s a big preservation project which is a success story as this breed is now on the increase. Tomorrow I will see the restored Victorian Street which is full of traditional craft workers. Then we make our way to Dunedin, which will be very busy as Neil Diamond is having a concert there.
    Eating is going well, making sensible choices and preparing own food now we are in motels. Also had a really good nights sleep so feeling brighter.
    Keep moving everyone, 10,000 steps is a minimum daily. I certainly managed that and then some walking around the gardens today.

Afternoon all

Another good morning at the gym, I’ve added the exercise bike into my routine. I think I’m in danger of turning into an exercise junkie πŸ˜‰
    I won’t be doing anything else today aparr from tennis watching ?

Hi Jojo, I love penguins and have seen them in Australia, Tasmania and South Africa. When we were in Tasmania took a guided walk round the old prison and the grounds were full of nestboxes so we got to see some cute chicks up close.

One of the best things about travelling IMO is meeting like minded people who are doing similar. I always learn so much from the rest of the group when I go on a tour, and I also get lots of interesting information about places I’ve not visited.
    Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself ?

Have a good weekend everyone ?

Good afternoon all .

RT well done you pal getting Yfee involved . Great too I would think having you both eating the same things . keep the joke coming pal :).

Jojo I couldn’t quite make out what the sculpture was πŸ™‚ .

Amazon well done you pal . I need to get back on the vibration plate but we are in the middle of making the spare room into a man den for Jm and it isn’t easy to get to at the moment .

I have just finished emulsioning the wee back hall . It is looking really good . taken me over a week to do what I used to do in a couple of hours . My knee is quite sore now( RA) but I feel really got that I have done it . Hope to get back to my Crochet tomorrow as my friend is visiting her daughter in Australia and she has just had a wee baby boy . I wan’t to send some nice wee things to her . it keeps me from eating too so I will make tomorrow another fast day .

Hello to everyone else . as RT says ( you know who you are) . I read ALL the posts EVERY day and I love it .Take care all you lovely people and thank you for all the help and support

Wee xx

Hello Fast Trackers
    Yesterday was ok until 2pm for y-fee and then she was struck down with a nasty head ache Bay prompted the how much water have you had today Q? 2 glasses was the A. Clearly not enough and will need to up the intake to 2 litres on a fast day I had that in my list of do’s and after that had settled down and the tablets had done their job she was starving at 5pm. Purple had the answer a hardboiled egg wrapped in a lettuce cup a taste sensation πŸ˜† and Wrestled the hunger demon to the ground. Miso soup a Thai beef salad and Greek yoghurt with berries for fast day diner she eats way too late for me however she gets up 5 hours after me though and so the result of week one on this new way of life down – 1.7kg it has been an emotional morning with confirmation of the power of Intermittent Fasting 5-2 thankyou DrM. Weemam how nice to know your still with us ALL on our way to eat fast and live longer
    Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
    Helen Keller

RT

Viewing 50 posts - 11,801 through 11,850 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.