Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,151 through 11,200 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Iona,

Sorry to hear you have not lost 2lbs this week. Does that mean you’ve not lost any weight? Or you’ve lost some, just not 2lbs?!
    The average weight loss for 5:2 is 1lb per week, so you shouldn’t necessarily expect 2lbs every week. So don’t be disappointed.
    Re: next week and upping the fasting. Personally I’d just stick to 5:2, and get that ingrained as a habit for life. Do 2 fast days properly, and on your non-fast days try and make healthy choices and avoid overeating.

I know what you mean about walking without a dog! I haven’t had a dog for a few years now so I’m in the habit of a daily constitutional alone. But my first few walks without a dog were constantly interrupted by well-meaning neighbours in their cars stopping to offer me a lift home! Why would you go for a walk if you didn’t have to…?!

Hi All,
    I am posting after a ridiculously long day of music, working, singing and playing. Fantastic bands today and a great Flamenco guitarist and dance group. I did include one meal- cougette soup with a deep fried corvette flower( yum), the lamb with carrots and smoked mash plus cranberry sauce- different but yummy.

It was the last night of the Festival so the workers had a party, it was great but I am too keyed up to sleep now. I waiting 40 minutes in the cool evening air for a cab as we had been drinking( not much but over the limit to drive). It really ruins an evening not being able to get home quickly when you are tired.

Fasted this morning and afternoon so hopefully not too much damage done.

Iona72- Have you considered putting your dog in a buggy when he gets tired. It is quite the trend these days. Haven’t tried it myself as my two dogs are still very active at 12 and 13, easily manage a 3 hour walk if it isn’t too hot.

Good Morning,
    Where is everyone? I guess Amazon is at the gym. Are the rest of you having fun nights out?
    I didn’t get up early because I had a very, very late night. We were entertained by a Russian accordionist and his violinist wife( both professionally trained, incredible voices and so versatile) the electric accordian was like an orchestra on its own, very complex, it produced every instrument sound including drums, crazy. They mostly did Gipsy Folk songs. They were joined for one song by the lead singer from Ureah Heep, who remembers them?. Still a rock star 70 year old, great voice and stage presence. Then we had a Flamenco guitarist with local dancers. It was as good a performance as I have seen in Southern Spain. I loved it. After this my crowd were dancing until dawn( almost). Pretty shattered today but couldn’t resist the music and company. You only live once.

Just had some porridge to settle my stomach, we were drinking hot chocolate and rum last night, what was I thinking? It was the only illicit drink available at a late night party at the camp site school hall. Interesting but not something I could get used to drinking.

Out to lunch today after pet care duties and dog walk. That should blow the cobwebs away, it’s an overcast but mild day here.
    No fasting this weekend as I am out to lunch again tomorrow after bowls but I will watch what I eat, not too much over indulgence.

Afternoon all

I don’t usually go to the gym at the weekends although I am considering it.
    I was up most of the night watching tennis so I slept in this morning. I had to wait in for a parcel so I made use of my time by making batches of paella and black bean chilli for FD dinners, and baking a spelt loaf. Thanks Purple for the tips, I did the same as you more or less πŸ˜›

I’ve just sat down with a cuppa and am now contemplating what to have for dinner tonight. Now that I’ve worked out which day of the week it is, I’m starting ADF tomorrow. I had roast chicken last night and have used some of it in the paella but there is plenty left over so it will feature this evening.
    I haven’t done much cooking for a while as I was emptying the freezer of stuff that needed eating. I came home with so much lovely fresh food I’m having fun deciding what to do with it all.

Hi Amazon,
    I made a batch of slimming chilli squash soup today( no milk or cream added and only one potato) tasted good. I always roast the squash first making it easier to get the skin off.
    I didn’t enjoy the lunch out because it was steak pie. I don’t usually eat red meat at all. I ate a little so as not to appear rude. She had made Tiramisu for dessert which I declined in favour of strawberries. All very filling so I skipped tea this evening.
    Still very tired so off to bed now.

Hi Jo,

Sounds like you’ve had a fun week or so! And yes, I remember Uriah Heep…but only from having older brothers/ boyfriends!

I wonder, if you’ve managed to maintain your weight despite thinking you’ve overindulged, whether you ought to try eating as you have done this week but add in two fast days?

It seems to me, no offence intended, that you don’t do 5:2 regularly (like other long termers for example P or Nicky). And when your busy schedule allows, and you do get back to fasting, you go at it madly for a short while and attempt too much… which then perhaps starts to feel like any other very restrictive diet and, surprise surprise, you can’t maintain that level of restriction/ effort in the long-term?

I know you’re impatient to be done with losing weight, and just want to be at your goal. But it almost seems that your impatience and very intense (but unsustainable and infrequent) approach is counterproductive and is in fact not producing the results you want?

The beauty of 5:2 is that it’s just two days per week (admittedly maybe for life). Have you thought about stripping it right back to basic 5:2? Concentrate on two good fast days, think about the long-term health benefits, and forget about trying to lose 2lbs per week…given that the average weight loss is perhaps 1lb per week, aiming for 2 every week is frankly unrealistic and sets you up for failure anyway?

Also, do you think perhaps that the mindset from weight watchers, which I think you did for a while pre-5:2, might be hindering you now? You’ve said in the past you can’t eat more than 1200 calories, the limit set by weight watchers. Is it time to break free of that? Be a bit freer with non-fast days, so the fast days are more of a deficit (and thus a shock)? I’m guessing from your description of this week that you might have gone over 1200 calories some days, with no ill effect?!

Or maybe just give up with trying to lose the last few pounds and maintain where you are? I think you’ve said before that being larger didn’t bother you? I know you’d like to lose more weight for your knee and hip but perhaps without the added incentive (being unhappy with your body) you just don’t have sufficient motivation?

Sorry, if these are all things you’ve already considered. I think it’s the scientist in me that has to try and problem solve (or perhaps I should have been born a man…!)

Hi everyone

Lovely sunny day here with washing blowing in the gentle breeze – a nice change from dodging wet days and endless clothes-horses of damp washing. Is winter nearly over yet? πŸ˜‰

Happy, interesting comments – and I recognise the thought processes of a fellow scientist.

No fasting until tomorrow for me but having a moderate day.

Must confess to ‘displacement activity’ as I have to write a technical article on ferns for a newsletter. Not hard, just can’t seem to start but deadlines focus the mind – it’s due tomorrow so no more slacking!

Happy Sunday my fasting friends. n xxx

Good morning All,
    Thanks for the views Happy appreciate your problem solving approach. It is my own problem solving approach that has led me to my current schedule.I don’t lose much weight on 5:2 basic without calorie restriction on other days and then I am lucky if it is 1/2 lb per week. Trust me I would do it if it worked, I would be happy to. I know you think I am strict but actually I do three days fasting to help me counter the four days when I have social engagements. I actually really like 19/5 and my healthy eating regime now and intend to keep to it for good. I am not going to stop at this point, for the sake of my health, I need to get to 10 stone( top of my weight limit range)There is no guarantee that this will help my knee and hip but medical science and physio with acupuncture don’t seem to be doing much good on that front either. I keep records and know what works and where I let myself down. I could happily live with size 16 if I was not in pain most of the time. Without pain relief at night I cannot get any sleep which is very frustrating. I would also like to be pain free to do more sport as I love being active. Walking is not enough for me, I enjoy competitive games.

Some fast days are cancelled as I cannot combine them with meeting friends, I accept that and try for another fast day.

I have 6 weeks left now to my trip so I am focussed on losing as much as possible. I plan to fast during my trip because I do not want to regain any weight. Relaxing is not an option for me, I gain very quickly and easily, though it is quickly re-lost. Fasting is my last chance saloon before I consider more invasive options. I have reset my goal to next April and will decide at that point whether to go forward.

I have been dieting a long while and know myself well but I also know that I have lost and continue to lose the habits that got me to a very unhealthy weight in the first place. Looking back I know that bread, chocolate, cake, pasties and fried food plus convenience take away meals were a very destructive lifestyle choice and used as a crutch to an unhappy marriage. I am not in that marriage now so those foods are no longer needed or wanted. If I have a treat now it is weekly and counted in my calorie allowance. I haven’t beaten my own ‘self destruct’ button yet but I am working on it.

We are all different and need to be responsible for our own journeys, mine is a bumpy one but I am still travelling downhill. You have reached your goal and I am happy for you but we lead very different lives and have different problems to overcome. Trust me to deal with my own issues, I will get there. Impatience may hamper me but its my nature.

Hi All,

Home in cold Victoria tonight, detouring via our cottage at Jamieson for the next few days and quickly lit the fire! It was great travelling 7,200Kms in 3 weeks and seeing some wonderful places, but I will be pleased to sleep in my own bed tonight. RT you will be glad to know the XR6 took it all in her stride, we managed not to hit any roos or stray cows and only got one stone on the windscreen – which led to a lovely crack overnight when there was a frost on our way back thru inland NSW! So only unexpected cost is a new windscreen!
    airbnb was a new adventure for us, we met some terrific people who provided lovely accomodation as well as lots of local knowledge. North Queensland is truly another country to Victoria in winter, the sunshine was endless and it was heaven just to wear t-shirts.

Happy you do make me laugh, maybe you do think like a man…. Its wonderful that you and Jojo can throw ideas around and discuss weightloss like you do. Some gems for us all to pick up.

Jojo if you haven’t got them yet, definitely buy some travel scales for your trip. I have never before had a holiday and come home at the same weight as I left. I did fast 2pw whilst away, but also ate sensibly other days and in between enjoyed several lovely splurges. The scales kept me honest as I weighed religiously every morning. I know we all differ re weighing, but I did not want any nasty surprises when I got home. The experiment in maintenance was very pleasing for me, I have definitely changed my food preferences and portion sizes, I hope for good!

Tomorrow I fast and plan to spend a big chunk of the day up a ladder pruning climbing roses! Hope it doesn’t rain!

Purple I did give you a Hoy as we passed, but we were in Moree and West Wyalong at the time, so you probably missed it!

Cheers all xx

Hello all,I have made a big step….. I have put the scales away from my bedroom door and into the study. I am going to try only to weigh once a week. I am so controlled by the scales which is counterproductive to my self esteem. This step is just for me but I thought I’d write it down for accountability
    I am weary of the cold/ flu that has hit my school. I was the only one who had not cotracted it ( I had it in the holidays) but alas Thursday saw headaches, earaches and a host of other ailments. Consequently have done very little this weekend…. Early to bed I think for me tonight. Cheers emel

Sorry Jo,

I’ve obviously misunderstood some things. I hadn’t realised basic 5:2 didn’t work for you. Your first post on this thread refers I think to 20lbs in 16 weeks, but that you were impatient and wanted faster weight loss than that. It just seemed to me that in your quest to lose 2lbs per week, you’re now actually averaging less loss than you were when doing standard 5:2. Hence my suggestion to take it back to basics, 1lb per week being better than 0lbs per week…

And I’m sorry for suggesting that you weren’t in the routine of fasting each week, but that’s the impression your posts give I’m afraid. Perhaps that’s because you’re sharing your failures more than your successes? If you are getting at least two good fast days under your belt each week, then I can only apologize for suggesting otherwise.

We do indeed lead different lives, with different problems. Mine is a quiet life, still working full time; your’s sounds like a permanent party, so I guess routine and discipline will be harder for you. Maybe I’ll find out for myself when I finally get to retirement πŸ™‚

I’ll keep quiet in future πŸ™‚

Hi Nama
    Glad the scales worked their magic for you too. I told Mr P and he said “Thank you Mr P!!” They certainly do keep you honest.
    Sorry to hear you are ill, Emel. We both went through it during our trip to Nth America in May. Hopefully you shake it quickly.
    Jo and Happy, I agree with Nama, it is marvellous the way we can express, and draw on, each others experiences. We all need to keep ourselves open to new ideas. I remember when Happy told me it WAS possible to not have breakfast (I have always ADORED breakfast). She pointed out I could eat the same breakfast food later in the day. That’s what I do now. Today we walked to the shops early to buy eggs and had pancakes at 12 (a late brunch) and Vietnamese spring rolls for dinner. Effectively only 2 meals on an eating day. Thoroughly enjoyed them both.
    All the best ot you all and whatever path you take. P πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all

Very interesting post Happy, and even if you have misunderstood Jojo’s methods some of us (ie me) have gained some insight from your thoughts and conclusions. I am going round in circles at the moment and not making any significant losses. I’m doing ADF for a week to help me to knuckle down, and then going back to what worked for me before I went to Cuba at the end of last year because I’m getting bored with the lack of progress and need to start seeing results again.

Have a good one everybody πŸ˜›

Nama,

Great news on maintaining while you away. You’ve taken to this like a duck to water. Although hopefully not in the way of calm exterior, frantic paddling behind the scenes!

Your trip sounds great. I must admit I’d never heard of airbnb before!

Good luck with the roses. Are you sure you’ll be safe up a ladder with sharp implement in hand…? Just hope the secateurs haven’t been talking to the mandolin πŸ™‚

Amazon,

It sounds like your trip and foraging has reinspired you food-wise. I must admit our summer eating is often a case of what’s ripe in the garden and what can I make? I often end up making mezze/ tapas style meals, lots of different vegetable dishes with cheese/ eggs/ meat (for OH). You can’t really go wrong when your produce is farm/ garden fresh. The only real problem is the reduced eating opportunities and reduced appetite!

I am feeling inspired food-wise but I’m having problems with willpower. I feel horrible today due to a combination of too much alcohol and overindulgence on the food front. Cold turkey today, but all is going amazingly well as all I’ve had so far are two strawberries. I have a cheese and courgette omelette planned for my dinner which should fill me up so I don’t go to bed hungry.

I am also in a great deal of pain with my sacro iliac problem. I’m seeing my GP tomorrow so hopefully help is imminent.

Hi Amazon,

So sorry to hear you’re in pain,so debilitating. Fingers crossed you can get it sorted. I’m guessing you aren’t the type of person who’d get fobbed off by their GP?!

We have a lot of omelettes/ frittatas now (pre-5:2 it was always quiches, but funnily enough OH doesn’t like pastry so he’s quite happy with the change!). Perfect for a fast day as I can just add some more calorific and carb-laden accompaniments for OH. And I’m so easily pleased by producing a meal largely from home-grown (and laid!) produce.

I hope your day continues to go swimmingly. I had a really good easy fast on Thursday, having failed dismally on Monday. Still haven’t worked out yet why some days are such a doddle!

My GP is fantastic, and wouldn’t dream off trying to fob anyone off, and any GP would be daft to attempt that with anyone with my medical experience and knowledge. It is something that always puts me in a good position to come up with probing questions in situations where others wouldn’t know to ask.
    He’ll refer me for physiotherapy which is what is needed. Hopefully I won’t have to wait too long for it.

My omelette will be made with chicken eggs given to me by my friend and I know they’ll be fab. I have a great little pan to which nothing sticks even without oil.
    I’ll have enough calories left for a few strawberries and a tsp of clotted cream πŸ˜›

The FD has gone well because I didn’t get up until late as once again I was up in the small hours watching tennis, and I spent a good deal of time languishing in a hot bath. I’m doing an excellent job of keeping occupied without doing much πŸ˜†
    If only we knew the answer to why some days we stroll through a FD and other times are tripeed up by a bag of nuts/cake/bottle of wine/insert food of choice. All I know is that the pale pink jeans are still too tight and summer is nearly over…….

I went for strawberries with a splash of balsamic as it meant a larger portion πŸ˜†

Hi All,
    Glorious day here. Walked for two hours this morning, then played bowls and won 26/6. Just walked the dogs and now I am planning to spend a couple of hours in the garden ‘cutting back’. So pretty full on, at least 20,000 steps today. I will feel it tonight.
    Food wise it has been good, a little home made soup and a teaplate of buffet food at bowls.
    Really tired so I will be getting an early night.
    Happy- Strongly recommend retirement but not everyone enjoys being as active as me. I do enjoy my life now but I am making up for working long hours running my own business for 20 years. In terms of 5:2 I don’t actually think it works long term for everyone, it worked well for the first 6 months then I had to step it up.

Hi Ya all,
    It has been a busy week and it was so good to read your posts. I have missed you. I did go back to work and started going to a Gym and have my son and daughter in law visiting. Too much at one time.
    Tried to fast some days. But have not balanced out my food and workouts. I have been hungry in the morning. I am going to go back to 5:2 so my days are going to be Monday and Friday.
    Take Care

Well it’s not been the height of summer here, but pleasant enough.

To compensate for carbs (bacon buttie!), and some Green and Blacks 70% (can’t remember the last time I had chocolate, but had a fancy which, sadly, OH shared πŸ™ ), I went for a longer run today. 5.5 miles (9.5km ish?), although I will have walked maybe 0.5 miles in that (some of the hills are just too steep/ long!).

A few things struck me while I was out.

1) where’s Ply?!
    2) I’m not really interested in HIIT workouts (although there’s probably an element of that, given the hills!)! I spent an hour out, with views over hills and valleys, and the Lake District mountains. I was passed by one car in that time, and saw no one else. I saw roe deer, hare, lapwing, curlew, meadow pipit, peregrine falcon, buzzard, etc. Why would I want to do a 4 minute HIIT workout and miss all that? Or would I do a HIIT workout and then go out for my run?!

Confused, in Cumbria…

Oh Happy, your run sounds fantastic. We did the opposite on Saturday. Mr P wanted something light from a hardware store, so we walked the 8km there and back along one of the busiest roads in Sydney. I whinged the whole time as this is NOT my idea of a walk! Eventually he showed me an alternate backroute home…through parkland and the difference in my attitude was remarkable. Birds chirping, trees to admire, not having to watch that a truck from the 6 lane road didn’t hit us. Remarkable. A sanctuary, a block from chaos.
    I was wondering about Ply too, but figured it is still summer holidays there, I think, so she is probably having too much fun πŸ˜†
    Fasting Monday here in Aus, so lots of work to keep me occupied. Happy days everyone. P

Hi P,

The traffic, or lack of, has a huge bearing on my enjoyment of a walk/ run or cycle. Funny, but I don’t think it affects OH to the same degree. It does seem that women are generally much more conscious of the danger than men?

Makes me wonder why women haven’t cleaned up in the health and safety sector! We’re clearly doing risk assessments on everything!

I see it as being born worriers, Happy πŸ™ But I was the OH & S person at work!!!

All the best with the return to 5:2 Sarah. Basics do seem to bring you back to earth. Master the 2 days a week again, then head out on experimenting πŸ™‚

I was wondering what basic foodstuffs appear in your diets? We had a roast of pork on Friday, as a minor celebration. I used onions, garlic, capsicum, eggplant (aubergine), zucchini (courgette), fennel, carrot, beans, sweet potato as the veg.
    With the left over pork, we had a “stir fry” on Saturday with almost exactly the same veg (no sweet pot or eggplant), but added celery, bok choy and chilli. On Sunday night we had more of the pork (we don’t eat much meat obviously as 1.5 kg is going to do 6 or more meals).This time I turned it into Vietnamese spring rolls with cucumber, shallots, carrot, lettuce, rice paper and a home made sauce. The same meat turning up in totally different dishes, but similar basic veg.
    I love the way we can use the same basic ingredients and eat dishes from all over the world just by varying the flavours. What a wonderful world it is. πŸ™‚ P

Good morning/evening fellow-fasters everywhere:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama AT HOME in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey, Tessy and Iona in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in US
    DJ in Canada;

Happy, it also turns out my OH not keen on quiche pastry either(too stodgy!) so we have a weekly egg omelette (shop eggs as my ‘girls’ long since gone to heaven), usually with mushrooms, spring onions and cheese (+/- for me depending on whether it’s a FD dinner). Usually have with half the plate covered in salad so very filling and easy, especially for a work-night dinner.

Your run/walk route sounds lovely. I don’t think HIIT workouts necessarily have to be short, even though they’re touted as that now to induce time-poor people to do some exercise. In their other guise as interval training, they were devised to increase athletes’ fitness, by occasionally pushing the heart rate above the steady state, fast running mixed with slow running. Hill running/walking is perfect. They used to be called fartlek in Swedish (speed play) but for some reason πŸ™‚ another name in English was deemed desirable.

Jo, well done on the bowls. Your opponents hearts must sink when they see you take to the rink.

Amazon, hope you get some relief from your back pain – very debilitating otherwise. Your food adventures were mouth-watering.

P, can’t imagine why you don’t like walking along busy roads. Noise, traffic fumes, random crashes – what’s not to like? πŸ˜‰ Saturday night we had roast pork, a small piece of loin and lots of roast veg. What remains will be good for a couple of lunches and another easy work night meal of salad and rissoles from minced leftover meat and roast veg laced with Worcester sauce. When I was a child they were called ‘grissoles’ πŸ™‚

Lake District definitely on my list for next trip to UK. We’ve previously only come in the January Australian long school holiday and to accommodate OH’s field work. Without those limitations I’m looking forward to venturing further north than the midlands.

Fasting as usual for me today. Ate more than I should have yesterday so good to pull back into line. Two Mondays ago I really struggled but last week was easy and also feeling strong and determined today. However, it is only 8.30am! Weather hasn’t really improved but don’t feel so cold today for whatever reason.

Happy Monday all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Well, as I was dragging myself off to work, thinking I am so tired and feel so awful, the phone rang. It was my dr informing me that despite my influenza shot I had influenza. He now has to inform the health dept as their vaccine did not work…. Apparently there are a number of People for whom the vaccine has failed…no herd immunity I guess..
    So I drove back home and rang work and said I was not coming in. I really did not want to do the drive and I thought I am not going to achieve much so here I am in front of the fire feeling exhausted…… Funny had I not known I would have just continued for the next few days….it does explain my lacklustre week, although I did go to yoga and Pilates as well as my sons football.in the last few days…..
    Well it is raining again, the poor koala looks quite bedraggled as he huddles closer to the limb of one of my gums….
    It is a Fd for me and to be honest I do not have an appetite so hopefully I will pass the day well…
    Cheers all emel

Bad luck Emel. At least you can “legally” stay at home now!
    Mr P and I were both vaccinated and got the ‘flu this year πŸ™ There has been a fair bit of publicity about it. Apparently it’s more to do with an ineffective vaccine than limited herd immunity. Not much help when you’re feeling so bad though.
    Keep warm and dry and have a movie day. No work!! πŸ˜‰ P

Poor Emel. As I’m easily the closest of our global community, can I get anything from the shops for you? If you can’t remember my email, send me a message on FB.

Sounds like you should have what my grandies call a ‘pyjama day’. As P says, movies maybe, but definitely no work!

Stay warm and remember to drink lots. n xxx

Morning All,
    Sorry to hear you are unwell Emel, flu is horrible, get well soon. I used to have glucose drink and sugary sweets when poorly but I guess that avenue is now closed to us weight watching fasters. Just have to make do with water, green tea and fruit.

Hope your back improves quickly too Amazon. Pain drags you down, this I know for sure.

Bright day again today. Lots of gardening planned. Off to see Dirty Dancing tonight, it’s an early birthday present from my daughter.

Fasting today, not too worried about it as I will be busy or out and about which always makes it easier.

Have a good day everyone

Morning/afternoon/evening!

We also had roast pork – Chinese slow roast belly. With stir-fried greens. Yum. Not really enough left overs to form the basis of anything else I’m afraid! A light eating day today, a semi-fast at least, methinks!

P, I do similar with food/meat, just altering ingredients nightly and ending up with something completely different. Although we might end up in Mexico, not Vietnam!

Nicky, ‘grissoles’? Really? Reminds me of Fray Bentos pies in the 70s ‘no lumps of fat or gristle guaranteed’. I didn’t even want to think about fat or gristle! Maybe that’s why I was a vegetarian for a few years in my early teens?!

Emel, hope you get better soon. Funny that you didn’t notice you had the flu, fingers crossed it doesn’t get any worse than it is! Enjoy not being hungry, it will return soon enough!

Re: exercise. I’m not a fast runner at all. And I’m not sure I could honestly say I enjoyed it! But I always feel great when it’s over πŸ™‚ and have to believe it’s doing me some good. Slim doesn’t necessarily equate to being healthy, you do need to try and do some exercise that raises your heart rate/ gets you out of breath.

Which is why, on this lovely summer’s morning, after doing the hens at 6.30, I went back to bed with a cup of tea πŸ™‚ The road to hell is paved with good intentions…

Happy fasting!

Have you tried bicycle pedaling lying on your back and pumping your arms? That’s what you do to exercise when you are too lazy to get up! Gets the heart racing and must use different muscles to vertical running! Warning: Do it when no one else is around or they’ll think you’ve lost the plot πŸ˜† P

Morning/Evening all.

It’s a beautiful morning here and I’ve already been to see my GP who has referred me for physiotherapy, so it is now a waiting game. I picked up a few groceries on the way home and have just enough time for coffee before going to the gym.

FD went well yesterday and I slept better last night after wearing a heat patch all day, and also being so tired after a few late and disturbed nights.
    I probably frightened all the neighbours when Andy won late last night as I yelled with delight πŸ˜›

I have a busy week planned which should help keep my mind off food. My niece is due to give birth to her first child next week and I’m meeting her for coffee this morning. I’ve not seen her for a couple of months so I guess I’ll notice a difference!

Emel, look after yourself and get well soon. Don’t go back to work until you are better.

I like the idea of running but my knee is just not up to it, so I’ll stick to walking and the gym.

Have a good day/evening everyone πŸ™‚

Tell us something we don’t know……

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33932930

Happy Monday!

Just catching up on the weekend posts and it was just what I needed to read! I’ve decided to go back to basic 5:2 and let the pounds fall where they may. I’ve been faffing about with eating windows etc and having no luck losing. The only thing I have noticed is that I’ve been VERY tired and a bit grumpy lately. Time to scale back the stress on myself and just have 2 good fast days a week and focus on a healthy lifestyle the rest of the time.

Patience, patience must be my theme song!

Have a lovely week everyone!

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Hi team well a new week and another fast day adventure done and dusted with a liquid fast for me yesterday after a weekend of indulgence due in no small way to a great Adelaide football club return to straight kicking and some belief and positive play 😯 good to hear your XR6 handled the trip well Nama as we expected πŸ˜‰ it is a big change for it rather than puttering about the city to rack up 7200kms on the open road in 3 weeks hey? I always fear a break down on the front row of the traffic lights in peak hour whenever I go town (city) 😳 And good skills you for managing the eating occasions and holidaying so well to never easy. I find it really interesting to peak into some fasters play books with different strategies some have a gym membership others swim jump rope strength train or kettle bells or some don’t specifically do any additional exercise at all just the normal daily stuff. Some are on 5-2 others 4-3 and mix it up with B2B and yet others a daily extension of their daily eating window 18/6 19/5 20/4 etc some calorie count some do not I know for example what a 600cal day will be made up of on a fast day as required some weigh daily others weekly others monthly. The fast track is different for everyone I skip breakfast and lunch daily and have a light snack then the evening meal and that works for me 15000 steps a day or 72kms a week weather pending of planned or structured exercise. 19/5 is very doable and another routine that is structured for me and I like that for keeping me at the top of my game this way of life suits my way of life so hand in hand and away we go.
    β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”

Peace RT

Hi Everyone,
    My days are long and full. Left at 7:15 am and back at home at 7:15 pm. Love it,
    Happy I love running but I always seem to retain water afterwards, so I have not done it lately. The exercise class I am taking is only 30 minutes, it is like HIT training with weights, different everyday, only 3 of us tonight, sometimes 10. I am enjoying it. I am already seeing results and sleeping so much better.
    My fast day did not go well but not horrible. I ate four ounces of lamb, two cups of broccoli, 4 oz of pork chops, 1 tbs of coconut oil and 2tbs of unsweetened chocolate and 1 oz of peanuts. I am going to check my weight tomorrow and go from there. I made it to lunch without eating. I even packed my lunch tonight so I do not have to touch food in the morning.
    Love reading all the the posts. So happy everyone is here.

Good morning all,
    Good fast day yesterday. I even counted in my ice cream at the Theatre last night. Dirty Dancing was great. The energy of those dancers is exhausting. As we were in front row seats we could see they were covered in sweat. A former Strictly dancer played the part of the pregnant girl Penny. She is so thin it’s actually not really feminine, no curves at all. But a fantastic dancer.
    Keeping food light today. Playing bowls twice today.

Hey all, I’d been doing the 5:2 diet for 2 months, after having a baby and it was working so well but I just felt so tired all the time! A friend recomended juice plus but I didn’t want to use the shakes, so she told me about these berry capsules she uses alongside the shakes to give her more energy! So I started taking them and felt so much better! Now I use the shakes as well on my eating days but still take the capsules on my 2 days off and o literally feel like a new person xx

Welcome TheFitnessHabit,
    When I started fasting I was tired, cold and grumpy plus I got slot of headaches. Some of it is down to less sugar. Also if you have just had a baby your hormone levels will be all over the shop. I was exhausted after the first baby even without fasting.
    I think just eating fruit and berries as opposed to capsules have the same health benefits and are probably much cheaper. Good luck with your fasting.

I’m not in favour of meal replacements on a regular basis as they don’t help us retrain our eating habits and are no more nutritious or less calorific than proper food but invariably more expensive. They often have numerous additives to make them palatable which isn’t something I’m in favour of either. Eating normal food but in smaller amounts is the way to go IMHO.

FD for me today. I met my niece for coffee this morning and fortunately she wasn’t hungry so I didn’t have to watch her eating anything.
    I have a hair appointment at 3.30 which is perfect for diverting my attention away from food for a while πŸ™‚
    I’ve filled the freezer with calorie counted FD meals for days when I can’t be bothered/don’t have time to cook, so no excuses for not fasting.
    Another egg based meal beckons this evening, most likely an omelette and salad but I might bake some veggies and top them with an egg.

Have a good one everybody.

Hiya everyone . Sorry I have not been posting as much but lots going on . I think I told you all that they had to get the Dr in for dad . he is still with us though πŸ™‚ and though slow he is still singing . Jim got his appointment for the 2nd cataract op on the 28th this month and lots of other family things going on . Must be getting old lol . I am reading the post here every day and I love to read about how your days have been πŸ™‚ .

OK!!!!! the best news ever . I am maintaining and go up and down the same 3 or 4 pounds and loving it , I still seem to be loosing inches and loving that even more . My granddaughter told me yesterday I had a tiny waist . ME!!! a tiny waist ?? well compared to a size 24 it is tiny to me. Well anyway I got a pair of straight wide leg cotton trousers in Tesco yesterday in a size TEN . They must be big made but I want to wear them outside in with the tab hanging out lol . I feel so good and I love you all .

Wee xx

Hello Weemam,
    Size 10, well done. You have done so well. I am wearing 14 mostly now for trousers but still need 16/18 tops depending upon the cut. Barmaid figure warrants it.

Glad Dad is still singing, I sing all the time too, great for me not sure about the people within earshot though.

I have just been out to lunch(so much for the plan to eat light) giant Yorkshire pudding filled with 2 sausages, onions and mash- delicious but I can barely move now. I just wanted something warming after two hours playing bowls in the rain. I was the only woman with 8 men. Quite a few bowlers are fine weather sorts. I don’t really mind as I walk dogs in the rain so I am used to it. I didn’t play that well though. I have a ladies pairs match at 5 pm, I hope it stops before then as two of the players are very elderly.

My dog has broken a claw so I am off to the vet first. He does this about every six weeks. He chases squirrels then stops suddenly at the tree breaking claws. Cost a fortune at the vet but he won’t let me touch them.

Amazon- I agree that meal replacements are not a long term solution or particularly healthy. My daughter occasionally has the protein shakes for lunch when too busy to eat but even she prefers real food. I like to make lots of homemade soup as a standby for rushed meals. Just off to make a vegetable soup now.

Staying in tonight, need a good rest, may even start a new book- heaven.

Well done, Wee. I’m posting some Amazon fantastic emoticons πŸ˜‰ you’ll have to use your imagination. Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

I forgot to say earlier,
    Well done Wee πŸ˜›

Wee,

Great news on your size 10s! If you can’t wear them inside out, you’ll just have to tell everyone you meet what size they are!

You really are the pin-up girl for 5:2 πŸ™‚

Hi Amazon,

I’m fasting too. Looking forward to a frittata, mostly courtesy of the girls and the polytunnel πŸ™‚

OH tends to eat quite late at this time of year, not coming in until it’s getting dark. Not sure I can hold out to eat with him. Look out for reports of man cannibalised by desperate hungry wife… πŸ™‚

Ha ha!

I had poached duck eggs on toast and they were delicious πŸ˜›
    No vegetables have passed this way today, which is very unusual for me.
    I’ll compensate tomorrow πŸ˜‰

Just to let you all know, I have a few concerns regarding FB privacy and security so I’ve deactivated my account. Those of you in the original group have my email address if you wish to contact me privately for any reason.

Hi Amazon,

Are those concerns specific to your FB account or more generally?

OH still alive btw. Frittata with peppers, courgette, onion, mushrooms, jalapeno, coriander hit the spot. All’s well with the world again!

Happy hump day from the Antipodes my fellow-fasters everywhere:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey, Tessy and Iona in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in US
    DJ in Canada.
    The rest of you know who you are πŸ˜‰

Welcome Thefitnesshabit! As Jo said, it’s not surprising you feel tired after having a baby – so many big changes in your life to accommodate. Not sure how old your baby is – are you still breastfeeding? I found that despite eating like the proverbial horse the weight fell off. Don’t push yourself too hard, IF is not recommended for nursing mothers. You also might be anaemic.

Amazon and Happy, sitting here reading about your frittata and eggs on toast make me want to chew the desk – only 12 hours since dinner last night so not time yet for break-fast πŸ™ I suspect I could live on eggs every day, any way they come.

After two very disciplined fast days (surprisingly easy this week) scales down another 0.4kg (~lb) this morning. A colleague yesterday commented when she saw me hitching up my trousers (forgot the belt) and was astounded at how much I’d lost (although nowhere near Wee, our star in her size 10s) and had been able to keep it up for so long without falling off the wagon and regaining.

Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 11,151 through 11,200 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.