Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,051 through 11,100 (of 16,657 total)

• Good evening All,
    Another fast day over and crawling into bed. It is so good to have my daughter supporting me. She has kept me on the straight and narrow today, so disciplined. We had some salad and squeaky cheese ( grilled Halloumi) for dinner plus fruit salad and yogurt.

I am now finding tea with semi skim milk unpleasant, just too sweet so I switched to skimmed milk. I think my favourite is green tea now, so much more palatable and lower in calories. My tastes are really changing.

I played bowls this morning then broke up an old aluminium shed which had got rusty. It was a long job, over two hours, then transporting it to the dump recycling bin. It filled up my car to the roof, quite scary driving 4 miles, did not fancy getting decapitated in a car crash. Now that is a harsh way to stop being greedy.

My daughter and I have a four hour project in the home planned every day. It will soon be spic and span. Should keep us busy until our trip South in time for your Spring. It is quite a shame that I will be returning to our winter in January, might be a shock to the system. My friends daughter has just returned to Melbourne after a short visit, she is not much impressed with our summer. She has worn a cardigan daily yet we are in vest tops and shorts.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow and seafood stir fry for dinner.

Morning all. G’day Bay. Enjoy that 30 deg. Much better than at home 😉 P

Hi All, I’ve been reading all the posts and not responding as have been on the phone again 😀 however I’ve found a couple of minutes here at work to hop in and say hello to all 😀

Ooooo 30C what a wonderful temp … here am I in the office with skivvy, jumper and coat on along with fingerless gloves … I was the first in and have put the heater on but still waiting for it to finish warming up, mind you I will remove the gloves in a few minutes as my hands warm up.

Back to physio again tonight, hoping I’m not so stiff and sore after tonight’s session as I was from Tuesday’s … no wonder I call it the torture chamber ha ha ha 😀

Fantastic results from so many of you, even when you’re away and maintaining that’s awesome.

Well have to run for now, will try to log in again later if time permits, if not please remember I am reading all that’s posted and thinking of you all.

Hugs .. AO xx

Hi Everyone,
    It is so good to read all the posts. Weemam, 73 great job! I cannot complain. A0 it is good hearing from you. And hi to everyone else.
    This week has been tough, I am so hungry.. I think that is because I ate too much junk while I was gone last week. I am up 4 pounds still after yesterday’s fast day. I wrote it down on my calendar that I am going to fast tomorrow. My next fast will be Monday.. my first day back to work for nine weeks. And stay with in my TDEE on the other days. I am happy to report that I have not been binge eating, just eating with out thinking. I am not going to mess around anymore. I need to be healthy and stay at one weight. No more yo-yo dieting.
    One good thing is my son and dil are staying here for the month. I do not get to see them often and are healthy positive people.

Good Night everyone!

Hi All,

I’ve had a few days away and not really had time to keep up with reading the thread, let alone post.

I felt like I overate while I was away, and I know I drank too much! Luckily it wasn’t a long enough break to do too much damage, and all sorted by a fast day.

Amazon, I wore my new Clark’s cushioned sandals for two long days on my feet. They’re sooo comfy, thanks for the recommendation.

Jo, although you weren’t relishing leaving your flat it sounds as though you might now have the discipline and support for that final push to goal. Every cloud has a silver lining…?

Sarah, good luck with getting back on track! And back to work after 9 weeks off! That would be a hard one for me.

Good morning all,
    Lovely day again and lots of chores, mainly ‘clearing out’ planned and visits to both the dump and charity shops. It is never ending but always time for my bowls and a dog walk. Still doing 15,000 steps per day, so much nicer in good weather.
    Scales still didn’t get me to my lowest this morning so another fast on Friday. I really must curb weekend eating to stop this pattern of yoyoing.
    Good to hear you are on the mend AO.
    PVE Sorry you are experiencing horrible weather, par for the course here for 9 months of every year at least it’s the other way round for you, at least that’s what my friends tell me.
    Have a great day and evening everyone.
    P.S. Anyone got any good ideas for ‘dairy free’ meals. I need to cook for my daughter now and I am finding it a bit of a pain. Not even a jacket potato works because of the butter and cheese. She doesn’t eat meat or fish either. It’s really hard.

Jo, I have a vegan son. SO many fabulous recipes! I tend to Google “vegan” and whatever (eg vegan zucchini curry) and you’ll get a recipe. The possibilities are infinite and very tasty. Just put a few basic ingredients into your search and Google does the rest. It really opens up a whole new world of foods. Go for it!! 🙂 P

Jo,

Check out Anna Jones – A Modern Way to Eat. Yotam Ottolenghi also, depending on your tastes obviously.

Afternoon all.
    Just back from a marathon session at the gym. I’ve come to the conclusion that me and the cross trainer are incompatible so I’ve switched to the exercise bike along with the rowing machine and treadmill. I also did 30 mins of resistance work followed by a short swim. I recovered in the jacuzzi and the steam room. My upper arms are sore and I am cream crackered which for those of you who don’t understand rhyming slang means tired 😉

Jojo, you could fill a jacket potato with hummus, pesto or anchovy free tapenade or even guacamole.
    As Purple says Mr Google can help, there are lots of vegan recipes out there.
    Happy knows how to eat well,I have an Ottolenghi book and his recipes are fabulous and I am coveting Anna Jones book!
    Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s book Veg is very enlightening too. Lots of ideas without eggs or cheese, and numerous recipes using grains and pulses.

I once had a friend come to stay for a week who was a vegan who didn’t eat onions or garlic…..eek! With a little bit of research I managed to feed us both very well.

Amazon also knows how to eat well 🙂

I’d second Hugh’s Veg everyday. Lots of great recipes there. I haven’t got his three good things, but at least some of those I think are vegan (thinking of the kale, onion and chestnut pizza…)?

Personally I couldn’t live without cheese. Yep, I’d officially die! But actually if you cook good vegan food you don’t realize there’s anything missing!

That reminds me though Jo! You said you and your daughter ate halloumi and salad the other night. If it is only cow’s milk she avoids, your other cheese options are not too shabby! I’m not a huge fan of goat’s cheese, but do like sheep’s. I love feta… Greek salads, baked, crumbled in courgette that’s been cooked down in olive oil with garlic and lemon juice. Nice on sourdough or as a side dish.

Oh dear, I’m salivating now 🙂

I couldn’t live without cheese either. Fortunately I don’t have a problem with dairy food.
    I like pizza with lots of roasted veggies, peppers, onions, courgettes, and I buy some cooked artichokes in oil, but of course I add cheese 😆
    I regularly make veg curry and chili, and a veg lasagne could be dairy free by using almond milk for the bechamel and adding cheese for those who eat it at the table.

Black bean chili

1 tblsp oil
    2 chopped garlic clove
    1 chopped onion
    1&1/2 tblsps each of sweet paprika, cumin and cider vinegar
    1 tblsp brown sugar or alternative sweetener or honey
    1 tin chopped tomatoes
    1 tin black beans drained and rinsed
    Chopped coriander, sliced red chili

Cook garlic and onion in oil, add spices and cook for 1 min, add vinegar, sugar, tomatoes and cook for 10 mins.
    Add beans and cook for 10 minutes.
    Coriander and chili sprinkled on top.
    Serve with rice, and yoghurt and grated cheese for those who eat it.
    I often add veg such as carrots, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, whatever I have.
    It is delish 😛

Don’t be tempted to leave out the sugar or sweetener as it won’t taste right.

this is fab too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/moroccan_puy_lentil_60450

If she can tolerate buffalo mozzarella (I understand it’s low lactose) cheesy pizza’s back on the menu!

Pizza is good with mild goats cheese and caramelised red onion. Pizza Express make one that is sprinkled with rocket and it is excellent.

I am fasting today, and this conversation isn’t helping Smiley

A vegetarian low cal spag bol could be made with tomato sauce and sliced cooked dark gilled mushrooms served with courgette pasta. The addition of pine nuts or other nuts would add some protein.

Happy, so pleased the Clarks sandals have turned out to be a good buy. I walked miles in mine when I was in Glasgow last week and no blisters 😛

A lot of Indian vegetarian dishes would be vegan too, obviously using oil instead of ghee though.

I’m not fasting today Amazon, and the conversation isn’t helping 🙂

Interestingly hardly any of the recipes in my Indian cookery books use ghee, it is mostly oil (and I usually reduce the amount drastically).
    Apart from the butter chicken……..drool 😉

Thank you all very much. Sadly she doesn’t like spicy food. The hummus potato sounds good. Just made her some broccoli, carrot, potato, and onion soup. Hope it turns out ok.
    Yes we did have Halloumi but it was just to use it up. She is not eating cheese now. She does have eggs. I am thinking quinoa may be good. I do have a cookery book using quinoa.
    Just watching the cricket, sorry Aus but we had a great day.
    My local century tree in the Italianate Greenhouse called an Americana Agave has finally flowered today. It has been a long wait and it will now die sadly. BBC were filming there today while I was enjoying a cream tea with friends. Apparently the leaves can be used to make Tequila.
    What a wonderful day and I beat two of the best male players at bowls today.

Oh dear Jo, daughter sounds terribly fussy and hard to cater for. If I was you I’d give up and let her fend for herself 🙂

Gosh. Glad I went to bed last night hungry and didn’t keep reading this cooking thread 😉

Agreed totally Happpy. Fussy eaters need to find their own way 🙂

I believed the one food I could never give up was cheese. For the first year of fasting we had none in the house, along with potatoes, rice, bread and pasta. The result? We didn’t die, we lost weight and we learnt to eat so many different foods. These days cheese often goes mouldy before we use it all, we eat so little.

I LOVE Hugh’s 3 Good Things. So inspiring. Another good old veg cookbook is The Moosewood Cookbook.

I also don’t believe in replacing foods with alternatives, just eating different foods. No stevia or almond milks for me 🙁

Jo, a big favourite is stuffed Portabello mushrooms (no cheese) or use them as the “meat” in burgers.
    Good luck. P

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All Know Who You Are) 😉
    Class reunion
    Husband goes with his wife to her high school reunion.
    After meeting several of her friends and former school mates, they are sitting at a table where he is yawning and overly bored.
    The band cranks up and people are beginning to dance.
    There’s a guy on the dance floor living it large, break dancing, moonwalking, back flips, buying drinks for people, the works.
    Wife turns to her husband and says, See that guy? 25 years ago he proposed to me and I turned him down.
    Husband says: “Looks like he’s still celebrating!!! 😆

Have a great weekend you beautiful losers 😉
    Peace RT

😆
    Have a good weekend RT….and everyone else. P 🙂

RT,
    Thanks for the laughs.
    Happy and PVE – my daughter is not a ‘fussy’ eater, she has been a non fish eating vegetarian from teenage years ( loves animals doesn’t eat them) but she has given up dairy recently to deal with her acne, still troublesome in her late 20’s, it seems to be helping. I respect her decision to try to find a dietary solution.
    We take turns at cooking and do the cleaning together. I don’t want to always make her a Mediterranean omelette. You can only eat so many eggs in a week. I found a ‘black bean and avocado salad which looks good and a Kale and quinoa dish sauté with orange tahini dressing. I will let you know how these turn out.
    I have never eaten much cheese but I like it occasionally, especially strong Stilton and blue. Mild cheese and cheddars don’t float my boat. I went out to dinner tonight, choosing Hake with pearl barley, pea shoots and Old Winchester( English parmesan), it was delicious. One glass of red wine too. No breakfast today and just homemade leek and potato soup for lunch.
    Life is still very busy here but very productive and I find clearing out both therapeutic yet boring. So much stuff, so little storage space.
    Fasting tomorrow but only until 7 pm when I am having a Thai meal. Folk Week begins tomorrow night and for once we have a week of good weather for our festival of music. I am a volunteer so may not have much time to post this week. I will still be fasting three days though. I am doing Thai Chi every morning and attending ukulele classes. I hope to join a Guiness World Record event for the most number of ukeleles being played at one time. Possibly over 150.

Sounds like a successful and yummy day, Jo.
    My biggest issue with a family of 6, who all kept changing their dietary needs, was, and still is, trying to remember what the various ones aren’t eating at any one time 🙁
    I guess it keeps me on my toes. P 😆

Hi Everyone all over the world.
    Jo-jo I cannot eat dairy, maybe an ounce once a week. I found that I use coconut oil with salt on alot of things. For example mashed cauliflower, I put it on my chicken or even with cocoa. To me it is like butter. I tried the butter that is about $10.00 a pound and is not suppose to hurt my stomach, it did.
    It looks like you have several of suggestions to help. Everyone is so wonderful.
    I have a question for anyone and especially jo-jo and rt. How do you get in 15,000 steps? I went for three walks today and am only at 12,000. I usually get my 10,200 in but need suggestions.
    PVE- I also have 6 living with me for the next four weeks, my dil is seliac which helps me stay on course, my hubby is allergic to MSG, and everyone else can eat anything. I am trying to cook healthy. But tomorrow night is pizza, I am ordering gluten free for my dil, and I am going to eat a large salad, with some pizza toppings.
    Hello HappyNow, sounds like you had alot of fun!! Glad you are back. I have a son who fends for himself.. lots of ice cream and candy. At least he hides it. Also, I am not very good at transitions, it is easier for me to go back to work than to take a break. Work keeps me busy.
    Amazon, I like the recipe, I am going shopping tomorrow so I will by a tin of diced tomatoes, I have everything else.
    So I completed a fast day of 19/5 I consumed 600 calories, which is 100 higher than I wanted. Yet I did good because I put away left overs without eating any. So I am going to give my self a star. Remember that I gave up chewing gum on June 2nd, well the craving is finally gone. My next new habit I am going to keep is doing 19/5 daily. I will still continue the 500 calories two days a week, and 1000 the other days, until I lose these last 2 pounds. Then I am not going to count calories on my non fast days but keep 19/5. I should be at goal by next week.
    Good Night everyone, and happy Friday.

Brilliant work I applaud your tactics and rate the outcome highly 15000 steps i achieve simply by doing the same circuit morning and afternoon by my argus iphone app distance 6.05km steps 7749 this morning
    “Ah sarah,learnt very well grasshopper you have” 😉
    Peace Rt (yoda) 😆

Jo,

Check out the chefs we suggested. Masses of tasty vegan recipes (varying from bland to not very spicy 🙂 ).

I love the Anna Jones book. You should find plenty in there that even your daughter would eat.

Morning/evening all.

Purple, to me having almond milk on my granola is about taste more than anything else and I see it as no different from choosing whether to have lettuce or rocket. The fact that is has less calories than milk is the original reason I tried it, but it isn’t why I continue to buy it. Non cows milk alternatives are also great for those of us who are lactose intolerant or vegan. As for stevia, some things need to be sweetened such as cakes and certain sauces to get the balance right and for me and many others, stevia is a lesser evil than sugar.

I ate far too much for it to be a fast yesterday but I’ve already done two FDs this week and will do another tomorrow, so that is still a good result.
    I’m going out for an Indiam meal this evening. Walking all day and not eating until then. I don’t eat rice with curry but I’ll have some bread, and I’m going to have something from the grill or the tandoor. Delicious 🙂
    have a good day/evening everyone 😛

Hi Amazon,

I’m with you on almond milk. I never have liked the taste of plain cows’ milk, and don’t believe that drinking the milk of another animal is particularly beneficial to adult health. I see almond milk as an alternative, but not necessarily a substitute, for cows’ milk.

Enjoy your Indian meal, you’ll have earned it! I’m cooking a chicken green curry later, lots of chilli but with depth of flavour and so aromatic. Oh dear, drooling again 🙂

Hi all,

Just a quick visit to say hello!
    Amazon we had Butter Chicken tonight – I know some Indian food lovers dismiss it, but I love it!

Thinking of RT today – we happened to be in Rockhampton on a Friday (cattle sale every week), so decided to go along and have a stickybeak. It was absolutely fascinating. Got chatting to a lovely 72 yr old cattle man and learnt so much. Best of all, the cattle did not seem overly stressed – there was an overhead walkway and we had a birdseye view of the pens and the auction process, so could observe it all closely. The auctioneers were incredible and the whole process went like clockwork!

We are now staying a few days in a seaside place called 1770. Named thus as Capt Cook set foot here that very year!! More beautiful beaches to contend with….

Hi Amazon and Happy
    I see your point re thinking of foods as being a totally different …like instant coffee and espresso. 2 completely different drinks. Both ok for what they are.

What I was musing about was, I don’t understand substituting, eg, other sweetners instead of learning to eat less sweet food or decaf coffee instead of not drinking coffee. I guess it reminds me of people in the 60s replacing butter with margarine because they were told it was a healthier option. Poor dad had to suffer marg for years after a heart attack, when evidence now shows this was wrong.
    We are all learning and experimenting in our own ways. Long may it be.
    Have a happy weekend. P 🙂

Hi P,

My Mum jumped on the low fat bandwagon too and sadly died of cancer; obese with hypothyroidism, high bp and cholesterol. Dad could not be converted and is still going strong 🙂

Evening/morning all.

We had a fab day. We spent hours walking on Hampstead Heath. I don’t know North London at all although we did go to Kenwood House last summer. It was so nice, lots of people out enjoying the fresh air and some fabulous views across London from the high points. We’ll definitely be going there again. We came back to nearer home and sat in a nice quiet pub garden with a cold beer. My local brewery has brought out a summer ale and it was very good 😛 Then on to an Indian restaurant that has been going since 1972 and I first went there in 1979! It has changed a lot since then but the food is still as good.
    I’ve done six days of only eating in the evening and apart from yesterdays aborted fast which was due to a large bag of cashew nuts throwing itself at me, all has gone very well.
    Another FD beckons tomorrow and then I’m off very early on Sunday to Herefordshire and back at the end of next week.
    I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Purple, I’m combining cutting sugar down/out and using some stevia when appropriate. It has no calories so is a good alternative IMO 😉
    My friend asked me today if I’ve tried hazelnut milk which I haven’t, but I’ll be looking out for it!

Hello everyone, I am sitting in a garden chair in my car port, locked out of the house. My daughter and husband are out so I could be here awhile. Can’t believe I forgot my keys. In a rush when I left to meet some friends at a Thai restsurant. Only problem is that I have drunk quite a bit tonight and now have no access to the small room. I may be forced to go alfresco if someone doesn’t get home soon. Both their phones are going straight to answer phone.

It’s quite dark and creepy hanging around and my dogs are none too pleased I am in the garden. They heard me arrive in the porch and search my bag for my keys.

This is the first night of Folk Week, the town is heaving with late night revellers. There is live music in every pub, cafe and pavilion. The weather has been in the high 20’s today so there are many sunburned people now catching a chill in the evening sea breeze.
    I spent the morning playing bowls and the afternoon gardening so I am bushed. I really want to get to bed as I have a Thai Chi class at 8.30 am tomorrow.
    Sarah
    My dog walk is 5000 steps, bowls is 5000 (2 hrs) and my dance workout is 5000 steps. Luckily I am retired and can easily afford the time to keep up a healthy active lifestyle. When my knee was at its worst I used a big exercise ball to bounce on ( seated) still counts as steps.

Hi Jo!

If you get caught short, wee on the compost heap. Very good for it 🙂

My OH rarely uses the indoor facilities during summer… But then we are half a mile from the nearest neighbour.

Luckily my husband arrived home before things got desperate but I will remember should the situation arise again. So glad it was a warm evening.

Glad to hear you are inside Jojo . I wrote a long post following everyone’s thoughtful comments late at night a few days ago and it disappeared into cyberspace … It is so annoying when that happens. Saturday am, have been to Pilates, had my cappuccino and back home for two poached eggs and as I was not in the mood for vegetables I decided to microwave two small pappadums . 32 calories all up plus eggs – it meant no bread which is a stimulator for more bread. I felt very pleased with self so am trying to use my TDEE wisely and tracked.RT found my pedometer, now I need the charger!
    Oh my good news is that my yoga teacher suggested I move from beginners to the next level. This is a coup for me as whilst I had no problems still attending the beginners class, it was affirmation that despite my body I am getting stronger and more flexible!

You are sailing well, Emel. Keep it up! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. P 🙂

Morning/evening all.

Emel that is great news and it means that your body is in better shape than you gave it credit for 😉

Another fine morning here, we are having a lovely summer with a lot of hot sunny days.

FD today. All I have in the fridge are two eggs so it’ll be an omelette for dinner 😆

Amazon, you are lucky, up in NE England we have had very few summer days, although today looks promising. I am a bit off track this week, too much going on I feel I have lost the plot a little. Back to work tomorrow so things should get back on track. I have got so used to drinking lots of water I really missed it yesterday when I was out all day and it wasn’t easily accessible, bit of a headache on the train home as a result.
    I will be making better choices today when I eat and hope the scale doesn’t show too much damage.
    Have a great weekend everyone, love hearing what you are all up to!

Good afternoon all, I had an early start today with a Thai Chi class, it was great but I wasn’t really firing on all cylinders as I slept very badly, probably managed Three hours. Then I had a ukulele lesson which was fun if a little painful, my fingers are still numb from pressing the strings.
    Bowls this afternoon then door duty at the Marquee all evening. Hope the Mosquitos are not biting because it is in the middle of a park. Too busy to worry about food or steps today.

Hi All, now on duty at the performance gate, cold and lonely. You do get to meet the bands but it is not the most exciting duty. Only 40 minutes long though. I have eaten on the run today, not good. Two sandwiches. Must do better tomorrow. It’s going to be s busy week with 5 hours daily working at the festival. I love listening to the music though. Really looking forward to my bed tonight.

Hi Everyone,
    Jo jo I love music festivals. They moved the Strawberry Music Fesitival to our little town of 1700 and the festival is planning to have over 5600. I will be able to listen from my house.
    Also RT and jo-jo thank you for the step breakdown. I am toying with the idea of walking my dogs in the morning before work, starting next week. I signed up for an exercise class in the afternoon, to build strength training, I am going to check it out. Emel I would like to be stronger and flexable to.
    Amazon, I went to london 30 years ago. I so enjoyed hanging out at the pub. Good for you. My husband and I are planning trip in 2019.

Hi Purple

Sitting in old Dubrovnik having an iced coffee (no cream or icecream) after walking the walls by 10 am. It is already over 30 C and we have had a week of heat and swimming in Nin near Zadar. Absolute bliss. So lucky to be able to do these things. 😉

Dubrovnik is very touristy as well as beautiful. A bit of a shock to hear Australian, English, Japanese, Spanish voices after the week on Nin where most people were Croatian or German.

Cheers all, Bay

Reading your posts it not posting often. Good luck with trip, Amazon. 🙂 I have out on a little weight probably through having an icecream each night, as well as a beer. 😉 this is what holidays are for. Will fast it off when I get home.

Morning All,
    Had a nice ‘lay in’ today, simply could not get up for Tai Chi( is that the right spelling?)
    Quiet day today just my NHS walk at 11 (4 miles) then work tonight. Our town are celebrating 50 years of our Folk Festival and we can be invaded by up to 50,000 people this week. Many locals leave the area because of the crowds but I embrace it and volunteer to work. I get to see everything free, I love it, but it is very tiring.

We do get a lot of drunks in the town but I blame society for its education of young people concerning alcohol. We need to make it unfashionable ‘to get drunk’ to enjoy yourself. I don’t know how they afford it. There is a significant Police presence in town to protect youngsters from themselves and others. Of course there are quite a few older people drunk too, they drink all day and can barely stand by 11 pm. Sadly quite a lot of property gets damaged too, cars scratched, windows broken, it’s always drink related, fights breaking out between revellers and quite a bit of noise pollution. But 99 % of the folk are just here to make and listen to the music and dance so we ignore the rest. I have another Ukelele lesson tomorrow but my fingers are still numb from yesterday. I have learnt several instruments during Folk Week, the bodran and the spoons were the most fun. Next year it will be the penny whistle if I still live in this area then.
    Have a great day folks. I am fasting after yesterday’s fiasco. Drink lots of water guys.

Hi Bay (and everyone else )
    So pleased to hear you are having a great trip.
    We’ve been gardening all weekend …pruning, weeding and planting as, even though it is chilly, the plants all know spring is just around the corner.
    The days are getting longer and the sun brighter. Ideal walking time.
    Your lockout was a bit traumatic Jo. Glad the calvalry came in time 😉
    Have a good week everyone. P

Good morning everyone . So much going on and I love to read all the posts from all over the world . SAMM i still think about you pal and I prey you are well .

dad hasn’t been well and they had to call the Dr in . There was blood and they checked him over . The Dr phoned me an we had a lovely chat and both agreed they are not going to put him though anything intrusive . he agreed and said he was very frail ( as we all knew) . he still seems very happy in himself and that is still good . Going to visit hi in an hour .

Jim has his 2nd cataract appointment on the 28th this month . he is looking forward to getting it done . We were going to go to the lakes for a couple of days but we are leaving it just now or at least until we see what is happening with dad . I wouldn’t be able to relax right now

I am still maintaining and that is good for me because usually when I am stressed I eat everything but the packets .

have a great day everyone and know I am thinking of all of you and sending a big hug to each and every one 🙂 🙂

Wee xx

Hello all from Hervey Bay (still on Qld coast), still enjoying heavenly warm weather!

We are staying at a lovely resort for 3 days, so I am hoping for a bit of quiet time! My husband loves to be on the go, but every now and then I manage to get him to stay still for a while.. Fasting Mon/Thurs and managing to maintain so far, I hope to find some fresh seafood of some sort tomorrow – shouldn’t be hard around here.

Jojo I think of you every time we go past a bowling green. Most of the country towns here have one. Yesterday we saw one in a laid back coastal village with a big sign saying “Bare Bowling” – I think they were referring to feet!! I agree about the alcohol culture – I like a drink and am not a wowser, but its scary how entrenched it is in our culture. Even young men fishing off a wharf today had to have a beer in their hands! We stopped for lunch in Bundaberg, a beautiful old city, but most people just equate it with the famous Bundaberg Rum! Oh dear, I do sound like a wowser!

Lovely to hear from you Bay – what an adventure you are having! Is it hot and humid or just plain hot? Sounds like you are having a ball! Good you can swim when its that hot. I am getting into the pool here at the Mantra tomorrow, cant wait.

Likewise Purple – did you say Spring is coming? I hope you are right. I am enjoying all the tropical gardens up here, but I don’t like them as much as cool weather plants. The bougainvilleas are spectacular though and seem to thrive even in the most drought stricken places. So much of Qld is in drought, the towns with bore water or irrigation stand out like green beacons.

RT I assume you are still celebrating your teams great win, hope you don’t have a headache tomorrow! Lovely to read that your son is still seeing the girl from work. Gently, gently sounds like the way for him after his past hurt.

Lovely to hear from you Wee, I am so glad your Dad’s doctor is understanding. He is a lucky man to be so loved, he must have been a wonderful Dad! Great to hear you are maintaining.

Sarah what is a Strawberry music festival? Sounds delicious!!

Have a great week all,
    Cheers xx

Yay, I found my charger for my fit bit. No excuses tomorrow. Fast day as well. An external partnership review, a rush to a training for my staff, shall miss 80 percent of it due to departmental review and then a meeting at 5:30 for a government project….. And this is just the first day of working week. Gotta love it

Viewing 50 posts - 11,051 through 11,100 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.