Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,401 through 9,450 (of 16,657 total)

• Thanks ply πŸ™‚
    I’ve not fasted for a week now and am still not in the mood to do so, but I’m trying hard not to indulge in emotional over eating or drinking. To receive a compliment reminded me of how far I’ve come and strengthened my resolve.

Hi Amazon. Glad you enjoyed your lunch. Of course you didn’t overindulge! Ups and downs. Nice to see you posting again. Bug hugs. P πŸ™‚

Thanks Purple.

Brilliant post Nama! You have come a long way. πŸ™‚ You look great, and now your head is catching up as well! Fabulous!

Don’t even consider going back to work. I can’t imagine how we had time for that. πŸ™‚

Re the apples, Nama and Ply…. I stewed 1/3 of them with cinnamon sticks and sugar and froze in small lots. I baked the smallest ones with leek, pork sausages, capsicum and sweet potato (I’m clearing the fridge). We had some for dinner, then I bottled the apples and leek (mashed) as apple sauce.
    More are safely in the fridge as cold storage and I’ll try apple chips today with others. And an apple cake for Mothers’ Day tomorrow. I’m becoming the Apple Queen. πŸ˜† P

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜‰
    Amazon good to see you can give and receive compliments and as I recall you once said that we have all been brain washed into thinking that biscuit or piece of cake or for me a packet of chips and a couple beers will go straight on to the hips by morning and all our good fast work will be forever ruined B***S**T never a truer word said πŸ˜† Nama a great word picture but I was taken with the moment of change when you know what I can do this for the rest of my life and actually become a Grand Master of fasting secure and comforted in the knowledge that every fast completed is not only good for you but is doing you good. All power to the people.

β€œNo food tastes as good as being slim feels”
    Peace RT

Nama, great post. I am so happy for you. πŸ˜†

Amazon, you are going well. This is our new WOL and cycles will happen in real life. πŸ™‚

Purple, o, great Apple queen. I bow to thy greatness. πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Bay

Hi Everyone,
    I have been busy the last few evenings and have not had the time to chat with you wonderful encourager s.
    It is cold here in rainy California and I am enjoying every minute of it, there is a severe drought and we have been evacuated several times in the past years due to forest fires, so bring on the rain.. we need it.
    I am so happy for you Nama.. size 12:). Nama, I also do not have sugar cravings any more and have actually stopped thinking about food so much. I use to think about food when I woke up, I now am able to wait to think about it for at least five hours. So freeing. Also, I like how you said it Wee, losing the weight feels like you are floating on air. Today I went to the store to try to find pink pants.(ha ha)
    and for the first time , I felt that anything will look good on me. That is coming from me who hated clothes and not comfortable with my body since I was 12. I love the new confidence. I am not the same person I was. Fasting is helping.
    I miss SAMM’s knowledge.. where is he?
    Ply, thank you, I can see you on my fit bit, you are my only friend so far. I too am a teacher, but I help parents who homeschool their children, so we did not have teacher appreciation week. But when I did work at tradition school the parents always brought goodies and I usually would tell them thank you, and I am saving it for my lunch. Then I would give the treat to someone else. I am still afraid of keeping any treats on hand due to my emotional eating disorder. I do a treat every once in awhile. Once I have a little sugar I sometimes crave more sugar. Amazon a whole stone since December. I am with Ply amazin.

Good morning skinny ones,
    In Turkey and in an all inclusive hotel I am surrounded by greedy fat people, it is sickening. There are also hundreds of chain smokers here. It’s so sad.

The boat trip was great yesterday, we were entertained by a ‘drag’ queen as a Turkish veil dancer, hilarious, he was quite a big guy but very flexible and athletic. Ultra camp and teased all the straight men. For once the women were free of male taunting.

Food choices here are limited, no fish in the hotel sadly. Mostly chicken dishes. When I ordered fish in a restaurant it was cooked to rubber, not nice. Eating lots of salad, eggs and drinking beer in the evening as cocktails and spirits are rubbish.
    Going to the harbour and bazaar tonight.

Morning/evening all.
    Thanks for the kind words and compliments. It is a very sad time for us at the moment and it cheers me to read this thread and talk to all of you.
    I need a formal black outfit and I found a little black dress,fitted, sleeveless, on the knee and made of linen, in the back of the wardrobe. I’ve no idea when I bought it but it has never been worn.It is a perfect fit and looks good with the grey fitted jacket that I also bought forever ago to diet into. I’m very relieved that I don’t have to go shopping to find something suitable.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Hello all,

Quiet Saturday night in here. We bought a food processor today, can you believe I have never had one! It is Mothers Day in Aus tomorrow, so I figured there would be some specials going. (On the principle that if you really love your Mum, you will buy her an appliance to make her life easier as she cooks for you!) The Mandolin I bought a few months ago (also a first, ok I am a dinasour) showed me that it doesnt have to be all slicing and chopping by hand! I have always had a blender, but of course its a bit tedious making cauliflower rice with it. So we agreed if he can have all the tools in shed, I also need all the tools in the kitchen. Had lots of fun playing with it, what an amazing tool!

Great to hear from you Jojo, shame you are surrounded by greedy sloths! Also good to hear you hip is a bit better with the rest …. maybe its just what it needed. The veil dancer sounded fun, likewize the bazaar tonight.

Sarah how great you are getting some rain to break the drought! I hope it continues. What part of California are you in? My husbands company are based in Silicone Valley, a place called Walnut Creek. We have been there lots of times, California feels very like Aus to me! Previously they were in Sunnyvale, perfectly named too.

We walked 6km this morning, with a coffee break in the middle. Then it felt like another 2 km at the shops hunting down the food processor, so putting my feet up at the fire tonight! Have a lovely weekend all x

Amazon, our posts just crossed. So very sorry for your loss, sending a big hug and warmest wishes to you. I am glad you dont need to shop for a suitable dress, it would be the last thing you would want to do. xx

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜‰

You know you’re getting old…

2. Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren’t wearing any.

3. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you’re not eating cereal.

4. Your back goes out but you stay home.

5. When you wake up looking like your driver’s license picture.

6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

7. When your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

8. When happy hour is a nap.

9. When you’re on vacation and your ENERGY runs out before your money does.

10. When you say something to your kids that your mother said to You, and you always hated it.

11. When all you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

12. When you step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure the street is still there.

13. Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.

14. It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.

15. Your memory is shorter and your complaining lasts longer.

16. Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.

17. You sit in a rocking chair and can’t get it going.

18. The pharmacist has become your new best friend.

19. Getting “lucky” means you found your car in the parking lot.

20. The twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.

21. It takes twice as long – to look half as good.

22. Everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt – doesn’t work.

23. You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.

24. You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.

25. You give up all your bad habits and still don’t feel good.

26. You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don’t care anymore.

27. You finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.

28. You wonder how you could be over the hill when you don’t even remember being on top of it.

Mud bath sounds lovely, Jojo! Hope you find some kindred spirits before you head home.
    Glad the weather is giving some relief, Sarah. Fires are scary, and I know our Aussie friends deal with them as well. I am on the far East Coast.
    Mother’s Day is tomorrow here in the U.S., too. Enjoy that new food processor, Nama. I use mine all the time. Happy Mother’s Day to all!
    Today I am taking my mom to the Boston Pops at Symphony Hall in Boston. They are showing Singin’ in the Rain on the big screen and the orchestra is playing the score live. Should be a fun day, and I will be extra good at dinner, since it is a fast day for me. Tomorrow I hope to go to the Arnold Arboretum for Lilac Sunday with hubby and my younger son. (Older son is away with friends for a post-finals holiday). It’s a place I have always wanted to go, and I love lilacs. Mother’s Day is one of the only days you can picnic at the Arboretum, so I will pack us something yummy! Hubby has been struggling mightily with his depression and anxiety of late, so we will wait and see if he is up to an outing.

Hi all
    Pity about the company Jojo, but great inspiration to fast isn’t it? πŸ™‚
    Amazon, you must be pleased to have found “new” clothes hiding in your wardrobe. X
    Have fun with your new kitchen gear, Nama, but please keep your fingers clear πŸ˜‰
    So exciting, your talk about Lilac Day, Ply. I was reading about it only yesterday in my tourist guide to Boston. πŸ™‚ Your mum will have a lovely day.
    I’m doing a high tea for myself and dil as I love to cook and she and I have talked about doing high tea. The little granddaughters will enjoy it. Not sure about the big boys πŸ˜‰ I’ve made old fashioned recipes my mum and grandmother made. I think female cooking history is vital to pass down. πŸ™‚
    Hope you all have a happy Mothers’ Day.
    And lastly, thanks RT…we enjoyed a good giggle πŸ˜‰ P

High tea sounds wonderful, Purple! I agree about passing down the cooking! I don’t have daughters, but both my boys enjoy cooking and are adventurous eaters. I have learned so much from my mother-in-law, a wonderful cook and baker. Knowing her really took my culinary skills to a much higher level. Love that you are using recipes from your mum and grandmama, too. A few years ago I had linen tea towels made for my mom and aunt that are printed with the handwritten recipes from my grandmother. I still make her fudge and apple cake.

The tea towels sound beautiful Ply. I have my grandmother’s recipes in her handwriting. I saw an artwork which incorporated old recipes. I was going to make one. We must preserve our predecessors heritage.
    My 3 boys are all good cooks too. πŸ™‚ P

The lilacs are all in bloom here. I have two miniature bushes in my little garden and they look great and smell wonderful.
    I’m hoping to go to Kew Gardens tomorrow as it is so beautiful at this time of year.

I did high tea with a friend of mine and we had great fun choosing the menu and making everything. She baked all the bread for the sandwiches and even made little bridge rolls. I made fruit cake, meringues spliced together with cream, lemon butterfly cakes and chocolate eclairs. She made Welsh cakes and chopped liver plus RTs favourite eggs with onion. It was girls only, and we had a wonderful afternoon.

Hello from sunny Lisbon

10km walked today up and down hills.

We are off to a tapas and Fado music evening tonight ( local sea shanty style music)
    Family (all 11 of them) are good company. Tomorrow we are visiting monuments and the beach.
    Will comment more when we get home on Wednesday.
    xx Wiwi

Hi Wiwi

I went to a restaurant in Lisbon that had live Fado every evening and it was amazing.It is very melancholic and moving and while it can be about the sea, it is also often about the ups and downs of life and/or fate. I hope you enjoy it.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Firstly a big Happy Mother’s Day to you all around the world and enjoy your day and don’t skimp on the indulgence today for tomorrow we fast πŸ˜‰ We have plan A which is everyone out to the farm for a pooled bbq out in the middle of the paddock we call the windmill paddock and strangely enough there is a windmill in its on a hillside overlooking a valley very peaceful we build a fire then with 4 bricks high and a massive piece of flat plate steel all the cars in a circle all the grandkids rugged up with beanies scarfs parkers or dryazabones on sitting on their little chairs with plates of food eating and laughing waiting to toast those yummy pink and white marshmallows we remove the flat plate and build up the fire and we have a massive old kettle to boil and every ones gets in and helps gather up the wood cook their food card tables groaning underneath all the yummy goodness πŸ˜† its been raining all night here with very gusty winds and blustery conditions a top temp of 14deg so plan B may be the go today which is all of the above except cook out side but gather in the shearing shed all good fun enjoy your day guys and
    β€œEverything will be alright in the end so if it is not alright it is not the end.”
    Peace RT

Mothering Sunday is in March in the UK, so tomorrow is just Sunday.

14 degrees, damp and blustery is classed as perfect BBQ weather here πŸ˜‰

Don’t get sunburnt, Amazon πŸ˜‰
    Your high tea sounded yummy. Mine is a bit on the conservative side as dil is also a 5:2er πŸ™‚

So glad the whole Wiwi clan are having a great time together. I’m sure the newest addition is getting lots of attention πŸ™‚ P

The tea was long before 5:2. I couldn’t eat anywhere near that much now.
    It has been so cold here this spring that I’ve not had the opportunity to sit outside let alone light the BBQ. People are still walking around in overcoats and boots. Having said that I wonder if some of them have any blood in their veins as it isn’t THAT cold!

I’m finding I’m really cold this Autumn, even though I’m basically the same weight as last year. I’m getting around in many layers, even when exerting myself. In the past, I got around in tshirts and jeans at this time of year. Still, I’d rather be able to take my insulation off and not have it built in πŸ˜‰ P

Amazon, thinking of you. Great big cyber hug.

Wiwi, your trip sounds great.

We are having a blustery Autumn day that will reach 15 C and most of the colourful leaves have blown off the trees. Cockatoos are circling in large flocks, while the parrots are looking for the last of the seeds.
    We will try for a game of golf later today, if the rain holds off.

RT, Peace and happiness to you and your tribe. πŸ˜‰ Mothers Day traditions!

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Good morning everyone from cold, wet, blustery Adelaide Hills. Just done the week’s rainfall – 52mm.

Happy Mother’s Day to our fast-tracking mums in US and Australia.

Amazon, so sorry to hear of your loss. Always heartbreaking to lose a loved one. Somewhat cold comfort to discover never-worn suitable clothing. Take it easy, grief takes time.

Ply and Sarah, Wiwi was asking a while ago about a FT Fitbit group. Not sure if anything more was done but I’d like to join too please. I’m pretty competitive and it might be just the kick up the backside I need.

RT, thanks for the jokes. Humour is good medicine.

SAMM still AWL I see. We’re all thinking of you mate.

My son-in-law is leaving for a two-week work trip this morning so my daughter is bringing the children over this afternoon for a diversion. Looking forward to a cheery time with them. ‘Pa’ is a great playmate and my daughter and I keep the food and drink supplies coming and catch up. We have always been great mates, probably something to do with keeping each other company while OH was away on long field trips when she was young.

Enjoy Sunday and fast tomorrow. This wonderful WOL is about real life with room for celebrations involving food and the balancing out by fasting.

Keep up the good work everyone. n xxx

Hello Everyone,
    It has only been 24 hours since I posted and so many of you fast trackers have many things I want to comment on.
    I feel so connected to you all.
    Nama, I live about 20(air miles northwest) of Yosemite National Park, near the town of Sonora. I have been to Sunnyvale which is about 3 hours from here, but I have never been to Australia. One day..
    My dad bought me a mandiline last year and I use it all the time. I like to make zucchini chips. I dehydrate the slices.
    RT, your day sounds great, fun, and memories being made, with lots of love going around. What do you do on fathers day?
    Nicky, I am not sure how to create a group, but PLY joined me as friend, I would love you to add me too my email is esky14@yahoo.com So far she is the only friend I have on fit bit.
    Today I spent several hours cooking meals for the next two weeks, I am going to be at a womens retreat next weekend, and will not have time to prep my food. I only have 15 more days of work till summer break, and they are usually the longest days and busiest days of the school year.I am determined to be prepared.
    Ok everyone, have a wonderful mothers day, even if you are not celebrating, celebrate the fact that we can be incharge of our health by fasting.

Morning All,
    Laying on my sunbed waiting for my friend to wake up and decide today’s agenda. Could be swimming with dolphins or a trip to the beach. Possibly even a boat trip to Rhodes, depends how she is handling her hangover. My knee and hip are suffering from 2 hour walk last night so The rest has not really worked. Still eating three meals per day so I will have regrets when home but I have decided that it is too antisocial to fast when I am with friends on holiday. I will be strict from Wednesday. Glad to hear you are all planning eventful mothers days. Sound fabulous. As I recall I spent mine nursing my sick daughter, bless her.
    I too use my mothers recipes but they don’t fit well with fasting days- bread pudding was her speciality.
    Wiwi – sounds like a very special family event. Have a great time in Lisbon, I have only visited North of Portugal, loved it though, Doura river area.
    Ply, Nicky, wiwi and Sarah- I will join your Fitbit club when I return but may need some medical treatment for my knee and hip first. Can’t wait to get active again.
    On another boat trip tomorrow plus another bazaar.

The yacht and boats in the harbour last night were spectacular. Photo on Facebook later.
    Amazon and Samm – cyber hugs to you both.

Morning/evening all.
    Another sunny but blustery day here. I am sitting on the sofa trying to motivate myself to get up and go out but a vat of coffee might be necessary before that happens πŸ˜‰

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes. Life can be tough sometimes but as SAMM says we have to keep on keepin on.

Thinking of you SAMM.

I have accepted that if I go on holiday there will be a temporary weight gain, and when I get home I keep away from the scales until I’ve got a few FDs under my belt. I figure that I don’t need to know and be disappointed by how much I’ve gained I just need to get rid of it asap and give myself aat on the back for getting straight back on the wagon.

Have a good day/evening everyone πŸ˜›

Hello All, mare ha ba,
    We have stayed by the pool as one of our group is very poorly. I suspect this is too much alcohol yesterday but we will stay around just in case she deteriorates. It is actually getting overcast for the first time since we arrived. Apparently the rest of Turkey has had rain for days so we have been lucky. I finished my book, Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, it was a heavy read for a holiday book, lost the plot several times.
    Can’t remember what it was like to fast, this three meals a day lark is insane, how did I manage this for most of my life, plus snacks! Looking a some of my fellow guests piled high food plates makes me feel queasy. How did we become a nation of over eaters?
    I have been practising my Spanish tapes this morning, it seems an age since I last did any study. I must allocate some time for this when I return, my whole focus has been physical. I have helped with some crosswords and played cards but it is too easy not to exercise the brain in retirement. I haven’t had a stimulating conversation for ages, this must be resolved when I return home. Perhaps I will look into joining a Historical Association and maybe a Bridge Club.

Hello one and all! I have been back from China for two weeks and two days! Since then I have taken up a new job for 6 weeks and having not worked for four months I have been flat strapped. Early mornings long drives and then a long day. Have maintained the kilo loss during trip to China so need to knuckle down. I read everyone’s posts but am generally too tired to comment. Just did a guided meditation and the topic was the body. Had an interesting reaction to the comment ” Do you love your body or do you resent it?” Something to think about this week. Keep well!

G’day Emel
    Welcome home. πŸ™‚ Well done on maintaining on your China jaunt! I’ll bet you’re pleased!
    Congratulations on the new job, too. It is always so stressful trying to get a handle on, and still do your best, in a new position. You’ll master it! At least with fasting you’ll have more energy πŸ™‚ All the best P

Welcome back, Emel! Congrats on your successful trip, maintenance, and new job! All of you maintainers are a big inspiration for me! I am getting close to goal, and knowing that maintenance is possible is a huge incentive!

There’s no going back, Ply πŸ˜‰ P

I certainly hope not, Purple!
    Had a lovely Mother’s Day with hubby and younger son. Weather was a bit hot, but the lilacs were lovely and the company fab. Thankfully able to wear a strapless top and shorts and felt quite comfortable showing a little skin and keeping cool! Combined with my run this morning, the walk around the arboretum, and back and forth to the T (Boston public transportation), I logged 25,000 steps!

Sounds fabulous Ply. It’s so nice to feel the sun on your skin again…especially after the winter you’ve had.
    Glad you enjoyed your Mothers’ Day. πŸ™‚

Hi Fast Trackers
    Welcome home Emel you have some big changes and challenges all rolled up neatly good stuff all the very best. Sarah father’s day in general terms in our large family doesn’t have the high profile that mother’s day has where the entire family gather at one location. So its our immediate family tend to go to the eldest sons place he has decked out his shed complete with pot belly fire bar Foxtel tv old lounge and bean bags carpet and floor rubber tiles and all my boys and their current partners 😯 grandkids gather to have a feast usually webber meats and a day of man cave activities including but not restricted to 8 ball – darts – table tennis oh yes and watching the footy finals on tv πŸ˜‰
    Experimenting with the eating window now currently 19/5 daily between 1pm and 6pm. Pushing that out to 20/4 2pm and 6pm daily now Back to fasting 3-4 to burn off 3.5kg as a direct result of shrinking 2cm to 178cm and vegetarian meals this week planned and frozen ready to go alongside my stable favourites of 220g SPC baked beans and 2 poached eggs a 3 fresh egg omelette with mushrooms and onions and Amazon the Friday evening special grated hard boiled eggs with fried onions 324cal seriously if you have not got on this taste sensation do yourselves a favour and have a go fast trackers you will NOT be disappointed πŸ˜‰
    Happy Fast Monday
    β€œEverything will be alright in the end so if it is not alright it is not the end.”
    Peace RT

Hello All, last two days of sunshine, ready for home.
    Speak soon
    Keep fasting my lovelies even if this cookie is letting the side down in Turkey.
    Thank goodness no more trips booked until october

Ply,
    Great to hear you’re nearly at goal and about to join those of us already on the other side! I’ve been maintaining for just over a year now, and to be honest it’s seems to be getting easier with time! I think I may have to start believing my struggles with weight are over πŸ™‚

RT,
    So all our celebrations when you reached goal were premature?! Think I’ll give measuring my height a miss…just in case…!

Emel,
    Good to hear from you. Congrats on maintaining your loss, and the new job. Start loving that body! It’s the only one you’re ever going to have.

Jojo,
    Sorry to hear your holiday has it’s ups and downs. Make the most of your last days though, it’s still not summer here yet!

Your holiday experience has me thinking I’m afraid…!

Re eating habits: there’s nothing wrong with 3 meals a day, if that’s what you like. And if that’s what you revert to when you’re away (and you want to sample the food, obviously!), maybe you should stop beating yourself up that you aren’t doing 19:5 and start thinking about your food choices and portion sizes to make those 3 meals work for you? It doesn’t have to be 3 large meals. Or heavy on carbs and sugars.

TBH I mostly eat 3 meals a day, except on fast days (and I do those very rarely now because I don’t want to lose more weight). Yoghurt with fruit between 11 and 12, a light lunch (fish/ cottage cheese and salad, hummus and vegetables) and then evening meal.

And if you really don’t want to eat 3 meals then don’t! You could roll up to breakfast with your mates to be sociable but just drink coffee or tea? I’m afraid I’m not as nice as you, I don’t eat now when I’m not hungry and my companions can think what they will πŸ™‚

And you aren’t letting the side down! You’ve lost a tremendous amount of weight already, and you need to remember that! A few lbs gained on holiday does not take away from that fact.

Morning/evening all.

Everyone seems to be doing well at the moment.
    Well done emel, maintaining while away takes some doing.
    Jojo,
    I agree with Happy, remember what you’ve achieved and don’t beat yourself up for relaxing the rules when you are on holiday. you know that you’ll start losing again when you get home.

I’ve decided to try fasting today as I’m going out in an hour and won’t be back until mid afternoon.

I wish the weather here was a warm as where ply is!

Have a good day/evening everyone.

I’ll be there on Tuesday, Amazon. I have packed layers…who knows how warm it will be, but sunshine always helps on holidays. We’ve packed our travel scales. Couldn’t risk not knowing our weight for over a month. So much easier to turn overeating around if it’s done quickly. P

Hi P,

I’m intrigued by your travel scales, how big are they? When I go away I use other people’s scales, to monitor weight changes (I know they’re likely to give me a different weight!). But of course not everywhere you go has scales…

In the past I’ve managed to ‘happily’ put on 3kg on holiday…I would say without knowing, but that would be a lie! I’ve known I was gaining weight, but without scales to show me the truth of it I could pretend I wasn’t! For me now, my maintenance is about maintaining a stable weight, and not gaining weight which I then have to fast away again. And I’m like you, I need to regularly see my weight to keep myself accountable. Must admit I hadn’t thought about traveling with my own scales, but regular monitoring really is the key so it’s not quite so anal as it first sounds πŸ™‚

Make the most of it, Jojo! The home team has you covered!

Thanks, Happy. You are on my list of inspirers!

Hi Happy
    The travel scales are a Notebook size. And surprisingly accurate. We took them to Adelaide (no weight gain at the music festival) and Mr P takes them every time he travels for business. Weighing and adjusting food intake accordingly is second nature now.
    If I have to eat 3 “meals” in a day, I make sure I choose low carb and eat only small quantities. I often have only coffee and chat when friends are eating. I choose supportive friends to meet on fast days. πŸ˜‰ P

Hi P,

Can’t remember if I posted this link previously. I had intended to throw my scales away when I reached my goal, but this confirms that at least for some of us hanging onto those scales is essential!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/11/how-often-should-i-weigh-myself

Thanks, Happy

I weigh every day and record my weight. If is useful to know that weight fluctuates each week. Iwould agree with the research the we weigh the most at the end of an indulgent weekend. Which is why it feels really good to fast on Mondays.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Happy, Purple

When I go on holidays, I don’t change my eating habits. Because I want to keep my luggage weight to about 14 kg max, I won’t carry scales, but I have a fair idea of the amount I can reasonably eat. Provided I fast twice a week, and eat low carb, I should be able to keep the weight fairly stable. πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

just popped in to say hiya . Still reading all the brilliant posts but not had time to reply to all of you lovely people . got another phone call yesterday of another uncle who has passed away . he has been in a lot of pain for some time :(. A blessing that he is no longer in pain but still so so sad for the family .
    Oh has his first wee eye op on Wednesday . he is fine but I am a nervous wreck . As he has a real phobia about eyes and I worry the stress can affect the aneurysms ( I have no idea if it could).

our youngest granddaughter is driving us to the hospital and will keep my company when he is actually in having the procedure done . It is a thing that is done all day every day now .

See you all later in the week and be able to chat to you all and comment on all the lovely posts too

LOVe and hugs xx

Wee xx

quick check in, I don’t know if anyone will remember me – just wanted to give an update and ask a quick question.

Obviously as my weight has got lower my loss as slowed down a little – but I have just hit 128.4lbs, pretty proud with not much to go.

I would like a few tips on toning up my body if anyone has any, I have a heart condition where my heart rate is too high and my blood pressure is too low, and if it changes too much it triggers seizures, so I have been really careful – have just been looking for a little toning advice.

Good evening all, just back from my boat trip and it is raining. It may rain tomorrow too which is a shame on our last day. Guess lunch out and shopping on the agenda. Must get some fresh fish sick of chicken.

I could skip meals and drinks but I just don’t feel like it. Not sleeping well so my will power is very low. As you alI know what to do when I get home

Viewing 50 posts - 9,401 through 9,450 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.