Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,351 through 9,400 (of 16,657 total)

• And with you, mate πŸ˜‰ P

Great to hear from you Amazon, I hope you are ok. x
    The thread is so quiet at present, with Jojo basking in the Turkish sun, Wiwi in the sun at Portugal, Weeman tied up with family, AO competing with her dogs interstate, and very soon Purple about to nick off!
    SAMM I hope you and yours are OK.
    Take care all, xx

I hope it’s a good sign Nama. Bay is probably scrubbing something and Happy will be up to her elbows in compost in the garden.
    Just finished mowing and raking. The idiot climate change denier next door thinks he lives in the bush, not suburbia! He’s lit a fire in his front garden and is chucking branches on….I’m sneezing my head off! Madness. P

Cant you report him to the EPA? I thought that was illegal?
    Picturing Happy in the compost, very funny. And Bay must have the cleanest house in Canberra!

It is! But a bit obvious who reported him!
    I need Bay next door instead πŸ™„ . Had a lovely salmon and salad at Jamie’s Italian in town today. Expensive wine, though. Fast tomorrow. πŸ™‚

Yum. I am supposed to be fasting today but have started on the fresh figs I picked at Jamieson, (the birds didnt get them all). I figure its good fibre! We are having Salmon tomorrow, but Jamie wont be cooking it!

Mmmm…fresh figs!
    I doubt if Jamie personally cooked for me, but his spirit was there πŸ˜‰

Hi, yes, I’m here! Sorry, it was a big weekend gardening, and didn’t have time to post. I have been lurking, but to be honest kept quiet cos I couldn’t contribute to the ‘how are you funding your gallivanting in old age’ discussion! I’m 20 years (and rising πŸ™ ) off retirement… OH gets there 10 years before me. Is it too much to hope that I will then have 10 years where I’m not expected to cook every night when I get home from work…? πŸ™‚

Dream on Happy!
    Oh, and btw, the retirement discussion, carried on by the “old folk” was started by that young bloke from your generation, young RT πŸ™‚
    Did I hear strains of.. “What about me….it isn’t fair…” ?
    Some day, Happy. Some day… P

Dream on Happy !

Still in retirement I cook every day. Except when I am taken out πŸ˜‰

Nama, figs and salmon, how yummy is that! πŸ˜†

I have been busy cleaning! Ha! And spent most of my productive time in booking our trip to Europe in August. We lucked into a 2 for 1 cruise in Europe. When it’s paid for, I’ll tell you where we’re going.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

oooo exciting Bay. πŸ™‚

Good morning, all! I am up at 4am again, and. Decided to get some baking done. My son and his law school friends are spending the next several days on Cape Cod, and I thought I’d contribute a batch of chocolate chip cookies (2 batches actually…I am testing recipes and want some feedback!) and our family favorite blueberry cake. I love to bake, and it’s nice when I can give it away!
    Bay and Sarah, I have a fitbit and I enjoy it. I used one for a long time, lost it about six months ago and just replaced it a few weeks ago. Just seeing it on my wrist gives me a little more incentive to walk and do things like take the long way around to get in extra steps. The only thing I dislike is that it connects to MFP and automatically adjusts calories based on your activity. I have tried disconnecting, but it doesn’t seem possible. i would be happy to join a group on Fitbit. I think Tangawiwi and Jojo have them too.
    Glad everyone is enjoying their spring/fall travel and gardening. Very warm here this week, Purple, but turning a bit cooler next week. Pack for temps between 60 and 85!

Thanks Ply, same here. 29 yesterday, 19 today. Layers is the answer. We will be checking out Cape Cod too. Will I get some blueberry cake to take too? πŸ˜‰ P

Hi Bay

thought you might like to know, piece in The Mail today, housework prevents cancer!!!

Who did the research? A man?
    I’ll bet Bay knew that! Domestic goddess πŸ˜‰

Haha!

So exciting, no housework done, except for cooking dinner and washing up. Have to clean the floors in the morning on my fast day. πŸ˜‰

Flights paid for into Zagreb, Croatia and out of London on return trip. Also accepted quote for river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. Now we just have to organise the bits in between, including Normandy battlefields.

I am the worst housewife, which is why I use fast days to scrub and clean. Diversionary tactics! OH did the ironing while I was booking online.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Thanks to everyone who responded re the Fitbit. I am giving one to OH. Bay πŸ™‚

Hiya everyone . just read hundreds of posts lol and you are all doing so well . Where would we all be without this thread . Thanks again Jojo.

I am pleased to report that I have lost all of my birthday ice cream weight PLUS another pound and I am lighter than I have ever been that I can remember . OH says I am smaller than I was when we met 58 years ago when I was 15 .

Weather still quite rubbish here and still wearing a fleece and a scarf . Just waiting for our eldest granddaughter and her partner paying us a wee visit . love family visits .

Hope to get back soon and post more but just wanted you all to know I was thinking of ALL of you every day even though I am not posting .

Wee xx

Top work Wee! You CAN have your ice cream and continue to shrink. πŸ™‚
    Your OH is obviously very proud of the girl he married. Xx P

tHANKS pURPLE . i HOPE YOU ARE WELL PAL :)… i WAS SO WORRIED i WOULDN’T BE ABLE TOMAINTAIN WHEN i GOT THERE , wOULD STILL LIKE TO LOOSE JUST 6 POUNDS MORE . nOW i KNOW i WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT … TAKE CARE PAL

WEEXX

oops ss . I hit the caps key by mistake xx

And you WILL Wee! πŸ˜‰ P

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜‰ Happy Thursday people lets get our fast on πŸ˜†
    Hi Nicky tonight’s the night as Rod Stewart did sing it’s microwave fish parcel $46.99 a kg for garfish at my butcher ?? $29.99 kg fresh flake from Kingston SE 90km down the road that’s me tonight so a shed load of black coffee thanks AO πŸ˜‰ water green tea a diet coke and 23/1 is in my sights lets get our faat on people.
    When I had a re measure of my height the other day and it was confirmed that I had shrank 2cm now πŸ˜₯ 178cm I redid my BMI and TDEE and wouldn’t you know to retain my goal BMI of 21.5 I actually now need to lose a further 2kg to 68kg I tend to hover around the 70kg mark but have been up to 71.5kg with 2 fasts a week 19/5 every day and 15000 steps daily so I will slip quietly back into 4-3 fast track mode with the standard 19/5 and steps so
    I am wondering if along with re calculating your TDEE on your goal weight are you all also re calculating the magic number of 25% of that to your fast days or are you staying at a maximum of 500cal for women and 600cal for men?

β€œNo food tastes as good as being slim feels”
    Peace RT

Hi Everyone,
    I am so entertained about your posts. One day my house will be clean. I would love someone to invite me to their fitbit.Ply.. Just invite me.. email is esky14@yahoo.com
    Wee great job! RT- sorry you shrank.. you also asked if you should recalculate your TDEE. I would but I would not go below 600, that is just my opinion.
    Bay– your trip sounds wonderful, I love to travel.
    PVE- you made me laugh.. a man probably wrote it.. I agree. lol
    HappyNow– I only have 20 more years to retirement too. Looking forward to an empty nest.
    Nama- I love figs, my mom has a fig tree which I raid in August.
    I did not lose anymore weight but I am an inch smaller in the waist( hula hooping works)
    night all

Hi all,

2.30pm here and just back from a lovely swim, followed by a detour to the shops where (as Amazon would say) some lovely Size 12 trousers fell into my bag!! Yes RT NOTHING tastes as good as this feels. I was so excited that they fitted that I couldn’t choose between the tailored style and the casual style. I just knew I needed some black pants that fitted, and when the 12’s all fitted, I just had to get both! I have been showing a lot of restraint in the clothing purchase department recently, no point in buying things that wont fit for long. But I cant see myself ever being smaller than a 12, so let my hair down. I did also see some lovely pink jeans in Sportscraft but they were 7/8 length and I like my pants full length in winter! Probably from a lifetime of things being too short! RT and SAMM soon you two will be the only ones without pink jeans!
    Weight down just half a kilo this week, but I am happy with that as still getting smaller all over, tapemeasure now shows a good 6″ off the waist.

Sarah I always loved figs made into fig jam (heaven), but these days I find I enjoy them fresh and without the sugar. Our fig tree is prolific but unfortunately the birds steal a lot. Its actually espaliered against a wall, so a bit tricky to net. I could chase the birds as Bay does when she has apricots, but its our weekend cottage and we are not always there. So I was delighted to get quite a lot this year and they are ripening on the window sill, being enjoyed a few at a time as they do so.

Bay your next trip sounds exciting. The river cruise will be lovely! And Miss Purple must be counting down the sleeps by now! Lovely to hear from you too Wee, another 6lb you may well disappear!

RT I think many of us have well under our 500 allowance on fast days. Since my weightloss has slowed, I usually aim for 350 – 400. Also good to have a bit in reserve if temptation too persistent in the evening.

Very wet and miserable here, about to light the open fire to cheer the house up a bit….

RT, I set our fast day amounts at 25% of our goal TDEE from the beginning. Why overeat?
    Like you, we recently measured our height and were devastated to discover more shrinkage πŸ™
    Now, a challenge. ..Mr P arrived home with 3 huge bags of fresh apples from a friend. How to preserve them in a variety of ways for our return? Any suggestions, other than stew and freeze? P

Good Morning from sunny Turkey.
    Laying by the pool, very hot, in 90’s. Eating and drinking far too much, mostly healthy though . Have damaged three toes in the pool when a fellow guest hit me with his heel, very hard. His daughters tipped him off a sunbed on top of me. Not even an apology. They are swollen, black and blue today so resting. It could only happen to me. Crazy German family have spoiled my holiday for s few days, definitely no walking.
    Lots of cats here, funny to see them drinking from the pool every morning. They obviously don’t mind the chemicals.
    We also have s hotel dog, mixed breed, short legged beagle like, very sweet.
    The men are a nuisance to women on their own but eventually they leave you in peace. Most of them are far too in love with themselves anyway.
    Enjoying chilling and reading my book. Cloud Atlas, very strange plot.
    Reading the thread but wifi very patchy so reply is difficult. Be good everyone, time for a dip in paradise pool which is bloody freezing.
    I reckon it will be 10 lb heavier after this holiday. At least i have stayed off the ice cream

Sorry to hear about the toes Jojo. Don’t forget the sunblock πŸ˜‰ Have fun! P

Great to hear from you Jojo, though sorry to hear about your toes! Good to hear you are relaxing too – I bet you dont put on that much weight if you are sticking to the healthy stuff.

Purple you could just leave some of the apples in your fridge if they are really fresh – Coolstores keep them for 12 months I believe! And I agree, cooking and freezing is the only other thing. Maybe juicing? But that always seems a waste to me, losing all the fibre! There is a magpie outside my window that would love one now!

Good thought Nama. They’ll go in the fridge.
    22 hours into a fast. Coffee and water only. πŸ™‚ P

I imagine you dont have time to be preserving fruit just now Purple! I am fasting too in anticipation of a big lunch with an old friend tomorrow – resisted the cakes at the shops (French Bakery) and having a miso soup to try and get warm now. The only thing I miss about my lard was its insulating properties! Feeling very smug, this cant last!

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜‰
    Flights paid for into Zagreb, Croatia and out of London on return trip. Also accepted quote for river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. Now we just have to organise the bits in between, including Normandy battlefields.Wow wee Bay that is just beautiful commentary that is awesome I am loving the whole vibe amazing and memorable experience Happy retirement long term outlook for me also 18 years approx. not counting really . but I am starting the preparations early πŸ˜‰ Purple UN knowingly I think we all probably end up at 25% of goal TDEE without acknowledging it and quite right to suggest as it should be as well I was very devo when the youngest son stands up pushes chest out and is damn near as tall as me however if it wasn’t for his ears his head would fall of the smile was beaming how can I have a moan really 😯 . Hmm well you know I appreciate a snug fitting pair of pink jeans as any man would on all you drop dead gorgeous female losers but I have to draw a line in the sand there I vaguely remember a white pair of cords but I did not have the yellow jumper tied around my neck or the faded salmon cardy but I know you know the image for sure πŸ˜† Nama I feel the excitement and perhaps a little dis belief of your new self and size 12 well nothing else needs to be said. Live life have fun in
    Peace RT

Hi All,
    Loving Turkey and the sun. Wifi rubbish though. Speak soon. Miss you all xxx

Jojo, great to hear from you and glad you are enjoying your trip. Hope. Toes heal up soon. We miss you, too!
    SAMM, SAMM, wherefore art thou, SAMM? Hope you are alright.
    RT, I have always gone close to 500 except the last month or so when I do between 300 and 400. It doesn’t really seem any harder. As you know, the 19:5 makes it difficult to squeeze very many calories in!
    Good job on the hoping any shrinking waist, Sarah! Look for my fitbit invite.
    Purple, I have seen recipes for apple chips, dried in the oven. I think I tried them years ago with success. Easy prep, just slice on a mandoline, skin, core and all, sprinkle with cinnamon, then bake in a low oven. They keep indefinitely after drying, and would be a good travel snack.
    Nama, you are showing remarkable restraint with the shopping! I need to borrow some of that willpower! I will bet that you end up smaller than you ever imagined!
    Good to hear from you, Wee! Love your sweet family anecdotes!
    Your trip sounds exciting, Bay! I am not sure hubby’s anxiety will ever allow for a big adventure like that, so I will live vicariously!
    This week has been Teacher Appreciation Week at school. Our wonderful families have showered us with all manner of tempting treats…breakfast on Monday, baked goods and pastries on Tuesday, lunch today, and ice cream sundaes on Friday. I have partaken of absolutely nothing!! The sandwiches today will be hard…from an Italian shop…home-cured prosciutto with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil on crusty bread with a drizzle of fruity olive oil…sigh! I will keep myself extra busy in my office two floors away!!
    Have a great day, all!

And another 7/10 down!

Interesting suggestions Ply. I’ll see if I have time tomorrow.
    Glad I read your post AFTER I broke my 24 fast with a little salmon and salad. πŸ™‚ P

Great work Ply – I think you have willpower in spades at present. Your families at your school must really love you – “Food is Love” isnt it? Thanks but I doubt I could ever be smaller than a 12, I havent been this size for 30 yrs. Luckily the size 14 jeans I bought a month or so back were only cheapies, they are hanging loose now!

I am really worried about you too SAMM – last time you had internet issues you borrowed a phone to tell us you were ok. I am not religious, but sending a prayer for you anyway! Someone will listen I hope.

Good luck with your elections in the UK, you are in our news!

Well done, Nama.

Its so exciting to be size 12. Fantastico πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Bay

Now laying in the air conditioned hotel, both feet up, far too hot outside. Foot that has been stung not doing too bad after ice pack application. Other foot swollen , black and blue but I can put pressure on it now. Thank heavens as we have s trip out for the whole day tomorrow.

Where is Samm, have I missed a post ?

Thanks Bay, I am pretty happy!

Jojo, I think I missed your other foot being stung! You will be in a wheelchair next! Is your hip enjoying the rest and behaving better? SAMM seems to have vanished, we haven’t had a post for a few weeks and no explanation. Very worrying.

Jojo I just checked and SAMM last posted on the 24th April. Perhaps his wife is really unwell.

Oh my Jojo…so sorry about your foot! It’s so hard to believe that no apology was given…….people can be SO rude! Hope resting today means you’ll enjoy your day out tomorrow. Enjoy the sun!

Slowly getting back in the swing of things with my fasting since returning from my trip. It’s been 2 weeks..time to stop using that excuse! πŸ˜‰

Enjoy reading all your posts. So much going on! Have great days everyone!

Quick hi to all, the show is just starting but had a bacon & egg sarni just waiting for kettle to boil now πŸ˜€

Good morning Friends,
    Just about to have breakfast and then out on a coach, boat trip plus a plunge in a mud bath. Both feet fine today but would appreciate the rest of the holiday being accident free. Hip and knee are improving, managed a couple of nights without pain killers, that is the ultimate aim.
    Very worried about Samm but he may be on his boat for a vacation, can’t remember the last time he had a break. Sending cyber hugs and best wishes to him wherever he is and reminding him that we love him and miss him. If he has gone on a bender he will know he is welcome back when he is ready. We all need to vent some excesses at some point.
    You won’t believe this but I am a bit bored, ungrateful mare I hear you say. The people I have met don’t seem to be very interesting. Guess that’s what you get if you book a really cheap holiday. My yoga crowd are more dynamic. I am really missing the exercise, I feel like I have seized up.
    You are all doing so well at the moment, it’s great reading. I am boredom eating, sorry.
    Speak later.

I would have thought if something had happened to his wife he would have popped in to lets us know if it is internet hassles his phone would be used so i think it must be with SAMM so all the best my hard rockin amigo do the doable
    keep on keeping on.
    RT

Morning/evening all.

SAMM, I hope you are OK Smiley

Jojo, I can’t do that type of holiday any more as I get bored after a couple of days, and that is one of the reasons why I go on small group tours. I am invariably tired when I get home but always relaxed and invigorated. When we work we enjoy doing very little, but once we are free of that we need our minds and bodies to be active. A mud bath sounds fab πŸ˜›

I am having lunch with old friends today which will cheer me up. Have a good weekend everyone.

Beautiful day here but still cold brrrr.

SAMM we are all missing you pal . I hope all is well .

Jojo take it easy while you are getting the chance pal . Glad your pain is easing a bit too .

Off to get my Dad in an hour so I will go tidy up first . Spare room looks like a clothes store . I found so many of my ” nice clothes” yesterday that I have jumped right passed size wise and although I love loosing the weight I hate they are things I can’t alter . NEVER MIND though someone will get the use of them .

I am sure a lot of you know what I mean… I am looking forward to the summer and not the thigh rubbing and uncomfortable clothes that hide everything . It is like floating on air lol .

I can’t thank all of you enough for being there and supporting me all the way . The support in this thread is unreal .

silly wee thing BUT I can now wrap a towel around me and tuck it over the top . Silly but great . always had a HUGE gap there in the past . Small minds are easy pleased lol πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Wee xx

Great sexy image, Wee πŸ˜‰

Hi Amazon, I hope your lunch with old friends did the trick! I had a lovely lunch today with a good friend overlooking the bay in a gorgeous place out of Melbourne called Sorrento. The sun was out, the water was aquamarine, hundreds of tiny boats bobbing and pelicans everywhere. We both had the “market fish” on a bed of Kipfler potatoes and a lovely glass of vino, delish! My friend is also an ex boss and tried to tempt me back to some casual work, but I firmly resisted! How could I fit in my gym time/swimming if I had to actually BE somewhere! Back to earth with a thud tonight watching my football team get thrashed, ah well, thats life!

My friend is slim but very interested and supportive of 5:2 and as we discussed it, I had the most wonderful “light bulb” moment of realization that I have completely changed my relationship with food. I have a deep inner conviction that fasting is the best thing I can do for myself and a rock solid belief in myself that I can continue this way of eating forever. The little voices that used to occasionally whisper doubting words about maintaining my new weight seem to have given up! I agree with Bay re the addictive power of sugar and find that if I minimise it, craving for it almost disappears. If I have planned treats I really enjoy them and dont have any guilt afterwards. Sorry if I am sounding a bit zealous tonight, its the sound of my new found confidence with food!

Lunch was good. Always lovely to catch up with old friends especially when life is tough. I had paella with chicken, chorizo, prawns and mussels followed by sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. I might have had a couple of glasses of wine too, but I won’t be eating anything else today so I’ve not over indulged. The friend I’ve not seen since December was very complimentary (another stone has gone since then) and said I look amazing which really gave me a boost! πŸ˜›

Amazon, I always pronounce your name “ah-maze-in” in my head! πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 9,351 through 9,400 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.