Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,451 through 7,500 (of 16,657 total)

• Nicky

OMG your Lenten challenge is very impressive. πŸ™„ More power to you.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

I agree, Purple and RT, about setting goals that risk creating failure. Better to go with the flow, enjoy the odd pleasure, and know that the long-term trend is downwards. We are only caring that you don’t set yourself up with too strict a regime, Jojo, that could lead to disappointment. But you go with what you know you can achieve, knowing we are all here cheering for you!

Well done, SAMM, shining like a beacon in your jacket, showing what can be done – and sustained.

Wiwi, you asked a while back about my work. Yes, I am an accountant here in Wellington. I do four days a week now, makes a better balance, see myself working for a few years yet. I enjoy the brain stimulation – and the money, of course! Busy painting the lounge ceiling at the weekends, so three days is not really ‘time off’, but a change in pace.

RT yes 1 slice of bread per week until final goal reached – that and potatoes are my worst enemies at the moment other than sweet things but I can easily ignore the sweet things (other than one icecream per week). In the interim I’m working on 5kg mini goals … I got my first major mini goal when I went into double digits πŸ˜† and now it’s 5kg increments (almost at the next one). I’m happy to work on 5kg (just over 10 lb) mini goals until I reach my ultimate/final goal range. I know I’ll stuff up every so often but that’s okay as the next day I just jump right back into the swing.

Jojo if I did all or nothing I’d not have lasted this long as I’d have felt too deprived which is why I love this WOL πŸ˜€ but having said that you’re a strong person and you WILL achieve your goals due to your perseverance πŸ™‚

SAMM how wonderful you and your wife must have felt with the new svelte you in your smart jacket πŸ˜€

Have a wonderful evening/day all πŸ˜€ …. Cheers, AO πŸ˜†

Back from Pilates. There is divided opinion amongst the class over the teacher. She comes across as a bit of a dragon, but she is very focussed and an excellent teacher, managing to keep an eye on a room full of peopla, all working at a different level. I think she is great and am really enjoying the challenge of getting it right and strengthening my core muscles along with giving the whole body a good workout πŸ™‚

Thanks Bay,

I decided to set myself a short, tough challenge as things were starting to drift. I’m keen to return to losing 2lbs per week too.
    I think that joing the gym will turn out to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made πŸ˜›

I didn’t check that one before posting did I πŸ˜†

Hello all,

11pm in Melbourne. Just back from the Tapas dinner – wow it was yum! I cant tell you most of what I ate, but it was delicious and I enjoyed every mouthful. Also lovely to catch up with old work mates, great bunch and lots of fun. The retiree who was being honoured was a lactation consultant in addition to a Neonatal Nurse and her farewell gifts were very amusing. Apart from the main present there was a big box of assorted fun presents, including a giant bra that we all wrote on and she happily modelled (over her clothes!) The waiters were not sure what was going on!!

Thanks for your wishes, RT your memory is good! I did get married 2 weeks after my 20th birthday, so its 42 years next week! (to the same bloke!) Oobla di indeed!

Purple I hope the drugs are working and you are feeling better, remember to drink and drink and drink (water!)

Bay that is wonderful losing 1.4, but I think you have earned it – I am sure I couldnt give up all sugar.
    Interesting comments re being all or nothing people – maybe why thats we find fasting doable. I know it really helps me not even thinking about food on the fast days.

SAMM reading your post I now regret throwing out the leather jacket I bought in London years ago, thinking it would never stretch and I would never shrink enough. Lovely story you told.

I enjoyed my laps this morning, managing to get further each week, and slowly increasing number of laps. I NEVER would have believed it. Plus after B2B Sun & Mon fasts, I swam first thing without eating and didnt feel hungry at all (til I saw my breakfast at 11am) I am convinced we become more and more efficient at switching to fat burning mode. I can see how people can develop an eating disorder as its such a great feeling of finally being in control. Of course I am not serious, on this thread we all love food too much!

Cheers all x

Nama,

I’m really pleased to hear that you are enjoying swimming. If it is a chore, it can be difficult to keep up.
    I knew you would love tapas too. Far too good to miss out on.

Good evening all,
    Another tough day under my belt, lots of temptation but no lapses.

Not a great bowls game, moaning team member.

Gym circuit training was very tough with a substitute teacher. Earned my omelette for dinner.

Now off to a Folk Band Concert – Steeleye Span- should be good. Short on steps today so may need to do some dancing.

Have a great evening all.

Hiya all .
    We had some bad news today about OH younger brother πŸ™ so just a quick post

I have been painting banisters today ( hand rails ) and getting rid of ( shredding) so many things I need to get rid of .

Jojo sorry I forgot to say . my BMI 31 I think am still obese at that . Going with what they say I need to loose about another 2 stone haven’t checked it for a while though.. No way I wan’t to do that .

Have a great day/night everyone .

Wee xx

Hello Fast Tracking EFB’s ( Efficient Fat Burners)
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA
    And Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜† Some interesting points coming through our forum family clearly I think we all have our own take on timing or a time line of an outcome which we hold onto but β€œit will be alright in the end if it’s not alright then it’s not the end” is brilliant that’ll do me if I could get that written on my walking T-Shirt I would for sure πŸ˜† Nama yes my parents insisted I was 20 when I got married so like all good children I complied with their wishes and my anniversary is the day after 😯
    Happy Hump Day you brilliant loser’s
    Peace Love and Happiness
    RT

RT I love that you respected your parents pal but lost no time πŸ™‚ . I was 19 and my hubby was 22 when we got married almost 54 years ago . πŸ™‚

On this WOL I agree that we are all together but still doing our own thing as in what suits us personally . It is good to be learning from others all along the way though xx

Wee xx

Good morning fellow fasters πŸ™‚ well what a late night (again!) … planned on an early night HUH! well that didn’t happen, lol. So much to do it was 11:30 before bed, then my lovely neighbour started rumbling his motorbike at 4:20 until 4:40 this morning (I wouldn’t mind except the pitch of the noise is one which disturbs me/wakes me up and if he were to start it, let it run for 2 or 3 mins it wouldn’t matter but he runs it at that volume … quite loud … for too long and it wakes me up … all I can say is thank goodness it wasn’t 3:30am as has been in the past), I finally got another half hour sleep from 5:30 to 6am and well here I am πŸ˜†

Definitely think I’m on a loosing streak this week (in the best possible way πŸ˜€ ) and hope that Friday will bear this out.

Wee I hope you’re okay … sounds like something sad from your earlier post (HUGS to you). Re your BMI and weight perhaps if you re-check your BMI surely it would be in the mid 20’s – so far mine has reduced by 6 since starting and I’ve lost 16kg (approx 35 lb).

RT you good boy you, listening to your parents. My OH and I wed when I was 17 & 1/2 (no we didn’t have to marry, lol), we’d met when I was 14, and my parents had to get permission for us to marry due to my age (I wasn’t aware of this at the time only later) and we’re still together now πŸ˜€ (some people gave us six to twelve months … boy were they wrong, lol)

Must run for now … chat later πŸ™‚

My BMI has gone from 36.4 to 27 which is something positive to focus on until the scales decide to start moving again πŸ™‚

Hi OA . Yes it is the worst news but don’t want to say too much in case not everyone know now . OH taking it pretty badly .His brother is such a lovely guy .

I am glad you are on a loosing streak pal .

I have checked my BMI and I was 41.1 now 32.1 I want to go a bit lower yet so I can have some floating pounds too :).

I hate when people are so inconsiderate as your neighbour . We now have our lovely neighbours moved in . Our streets are only wide enough for 2 cars to pass side by side. so people can only park on the one side of the road or in a lay buy . the guy across from us sits in the middle of the laybuy and the young couple cant get in the space . This really annoys us ( we have a drive so we are OK ) WHY are people like that ????

rant over now πŸ™‚

We were 16 and 19 when we met ,. Got engaged at 18 and married at 19 and in those days were were very innocent and no chance of me being pregnant then either .

Wee xx

Hugs to Mr Wee please. Same as you very innocent πŸ™‚ Met at 14, engaged at 16, married at 17 (& half) … as the song goes … Those were the days my friend, we thought they’d never end …. πŸ˜€

So sorry Wee xx
    Mr P and I married at 19 and 20.We had to get parental permission. Our anniversary is a week and two from our birthdays.
    Water and antibiotics have worked, so no excuses re fasting again tomorrow.
    Happy days fts. P

I wonder how big the shed is? Will she have to jam in? πŸ˜‰

Wrong thread Purple Smiley

How confusing! The jam and shed discussion was elsewhere! Sorry. Bl****y forum!

Well spotted Amazon….sorry MCs…the marriage discussion was on Jojo’s thread. πŸ™

Wow, you were all so young!

I was 24, OH 33. We married 4 years later. Only been 22 years…still, that’s a life sentence in most countries πŸ™‚

Good morning fellow FTers

Wee, sorry to hear you and Mr Wee have bad news about his brother – sending e-hugs.

Nama apologies for missing your birthday. Happy 42nd anniversary to you and Mr Nama.

Jojo, it certainly sounds like you earned your omelette. Hope you enjoyed Steeleye Span – one of my favourite groups. During their heyday our then-toddler daughter’s version was ‘all around my twisted hat …’ which she used to sing all the time.

Unlike all you ‘babes in arms’ OA, RT, Nama, Wee and Purple, OH and I met at the relatively mature ages of 21 and 19 respectively and married 3 years later. Just past 46 years last December.

Bay, I don’t think what I’m doing could be called impressive – that word applies to your challenge as I couldn’t even contemplate the 6/7 weeks of Lent without bread, fruit or a cafΓ© latte.

Not eating while at work has become fairly easy with practice and none of the temptations associated with being at home all day. I’m not a half-measures person, probably a bit of OCD. OH tells me it comes packaged with the scientist gene. πŸ™‚ Non-FD yesterday but resisted the siren call of the living room cashews jar so contained eating within 3 hours. FD today so veg pattie when I get home about 4pm and veg curry for dinner, with 28C miso if I get desperate. BMI 30.8 this morning. Easter goal is to hit merely ‘oveweight’, which is less than 3kg away so entirely doable, to quote SAMM.

Take care everyone and keep up the good work. nxx

Hi Nicky, I agree, I couldn’t contemplate Lent without any sugar at all. I’m not sure if I am going to be able to keep away from bread for that long. If I do I expect the first thing I’ll eat on GF will be a bacon sarnie!
    Having said that, you are doing really well with the not eating at work regime, which is very tough too.

I own that Steeleye Span LP πŸ˜†

Hi Amazon

Bacon sanger – droolllllll! Must be time for a cuppa πŸ˜‰

We too have that LP and others. Don’t hear so much of them on the radio these days. Should drag them out – need to dust off the turntable. CDs are so convenient!

Your gym exploits are legendary – well done.

It was the thing to do back then, get married young. I was just 20, and OH 21 – that’s 43 years ago!

I agree Barata, 20 seems so young now, but it was the ‘norm’ way back then! Thanks Nicky, don’t apologise I didn’t broadcast it. Big hug to you Wee & Mr Wee of course.x

I married my first wife at 21 divorced at 33 remarried at 34 . In total I’ve been married 25 years.
    I have only 1 daughter she’s 11 and very trusting. Gold indeed!

I was going to fast today after yesterday’s big dinner , but became hungry at work, so I just kept to the nutrition staples. Nuts, dried fruits , and a can of skipjack tuna.
    My wife wasn’t well today , her mother came for her , nothing like a mothers care sometimes.
    My daughters other grandmother came for her as I’ll be at work overnight. Have to say I miss them both not being in the house, when I woke up. Cuddled my daughters poor cat which seems to get heart sick when my daughter doesn’t come home and evening turns to nights. Poor thing runs from window to window. Filled his belly sharing my tuna with him. He just a purring fuzz ball now sleeping on her bed.

Pressing on . Time to go skip some rope , lift some weights , . Only a half day for me. So I’ll make this a 600 cal day. I can’t say how p,eased I am with how well this 4:3 is fitting in , but really most chuffed about losing 4lbs in two weeks. Yet had such a great dinner out yesterday. I mean , I know I’ve said sooooooon many times. I know how to lose weight, But this intermittent fasting hasn’t spoiled my appetite for going out to dinner and enjoying my self , the food and the friends to share with.

I just feel very lucky to be able to share the fasting details with y’all too. This forum and thread ,such a blessing too!

As my 2 year mark of practicing intermittent fasting approaches on march 6th
    I’m going to put most of my writing energy Into collecting up all info I can find on nutrition and put it in 1 place.
    Things like what are the top 20 whole foods for each vitamin and mineral.
    What best fat loss foods.
    What are the best detox foods
    What are the best low calorie foods
    What are the best foods for being sensitive to the full feeling.
    What are the proven cancer fighting foods.
    What are the pre and probiotic foods
    What are the anti oxidant foods
    What nutrition to increase or to eat when craving foods
    Why fiber is so significant !
    Foods that increase longevity
    Foods that guard against alzhimers and dementia.
    Which foods boost the immune system
    Which exercises are proven to increase longevity
    Which fasting methods have which issues with bone and muscle health
    Low glycemic foods lists
    As wel as other things like healing baths and sauna .
    Air and water purification methods.
    Dos and donts about common toxins in the home.
    Changes to metabolism and macro nutrition recomendations as we age from adolescent to centenary.
    The preventable and age related disiease.
    And a few other things. Like PH levels of foods and drinks
    How sugars and fats In the blood could be monitored to .
    Why sleep is nearly as important as exercise and startling statistics about heart health.
    How to change what you eat permanently.
    AFFRIMATIONS and weight loss.
    Quotes that motivate and inspire. As well as taking the first steps on doable paths to better health.

Mostly. Directed at pointing to the nutrition contents.
    Wilting down the many foods that offer great nutrition dense choices, and cross referencing them into menus. Showing that rather than letting foods shorten our lifespans we may increase our longevity and enjoy their flavors.

Take care everyone.

Congratulations, Nama and all you long married wonderful people. That is truly impressive in this day and age. OH and I have been together for 17 years. He’s a good man.

Wee, sorry to hear about your OH’s brother. Hugs to you. Bay

I would like to join you, I am over 60 an am on my third week of 5.2 diet, I lost over 5kg and will be getting weighed every 2 weeks, so next Monday is my next weigh in.

Welcome Brads … we have a range of ages in here, all are welcome. My weigh in day is Friday as that is the best day (lightest) for me. We all have a variety of amounts to lose and some are at maintenance. There is oodles of good tips and methods in here it’s often a matter of finding which one works best for you and your lifestyle πŸ˜€ … chat soon πŸ™‚

Edited as I meant to let you know that we have people from around the globe in here, I’m in South Australia, where in the world do you live? (not specifics just country/state/county or whatever but please no actual address πŸ˜€ )

Welcome Brads27,
    Great to have a new face, please tell us more about yourself? Male or female might help. We have Samm and RT to give the male viewpoint so far, sadly entirely outnumbered. We represent England, Scotland, New Zealand, France, Australia and Arab Imrates at the moment.

5 kg in three weeks is incredible, tell us what your strategy is please? Do you do much exercise? Is your diet purely based on 5:2 or are you cutting treats on fast day?

Morning everyone,
    Another half pound off today after a feed day yesterday, just hit 1000 cals on the button. Fasting today.
    I make sure all fast days are my busiest days, often three activies on each day, as a retired person that counts as busy ha ha. But saying that I often do three activities on non fast days but they are often less physical. My dogs are also guaranteed an hour walk daily or else they ‘look’ at me with pitiful eyes, too difficult to ignore, strong guilt enforcer.

The Steeleye Span concert was brilliant. They have just written a new album with Terry Pratchett to compliment Winterwitch, disc world series, very rock for them, brilliant. The audience sang along to ‘All Around my Hat’, it was great. They now have a very talented young violinist and singer. Not sure how she copes with travelling around the world with a bunch of oldies, wonder if they do the night clubs with her Haha. Anyway I strongly recommend you have a listen to their new album. Maddie’s voice is still incredible.

They even did an old song which they added a wrap section into, not my thing at all but you can’t say they are not trying. Maddie Priors kids seem to be in the music world too as writers and singers, no big surprise there I guess.

Time to get going, two bowls games today, then choir tonight – busy, busy, busy.

Sorry for your news Weemam.
    Samm, good work
    I didn’t get married until 30 which ?I deemed quite early enough, selfish lot us southerners, so much ‘me’ time required before settling down. I lasted 28 years before separation when I decided ‘me’ was necessary again for my sanity. Great pals with my X though so all is good in my world. Admire couples that ‘go the distance’, shows that you have great personal skills and made good personal choices in the first place. Congrat on your anniversaries Nama and RT. Belated birthday wishes to Nama. I think Smiffy’s birthday is next, in March, is that right everyone?

Hi all.
    Happy belated birthday wishes Nama, hope you had a good one!!
    Actually I have just had a birthday,too. It was on Saturday last weekend. I had a great day with the family, and OH did all the cooking, so I was really spoilt!!
    We are also celebrating a big Wedding Anniversary later this year,35 years!!!!!!! No idea what has happened to all those years!

We saw Steeleye Span last year, Jojo. What a great evening. Dug out our album, too, then realized we had got rid of the old record player! Must get the CD.

Have got back on track with 5:2 since my fall off last week, and have lost the 1kg I put on so feeling good!
    Been busy caring for grandchildren during the last few days so today is a day for chores…. I don’t know how I used to keep on top of things when I was a working mum!

Sorry to hear your news, Weemam. Hug.

Hope everyone has a good fast/feasting day.
    WN.

Happy belated birthday Wilburs! πŸ™‚ P

Terry Pratchett and Steeleye Span – worth keeping an ‘eye’ out for!

Welcome, Brads, to a great forum for positive reinforcement and support. Well done on the loss so far. Why do you weight in every two weeks? I hop on the scales each morning, they go up and down, but long-term trend is down, even though I have hit my target. Interested to see where I end up, and here for the health benefits too.

Really looking forward to your detailed information when you have it ready, SAMM, it will be really interesting, and insightful.

Happy birthday, Nama, Wilbersnanna, and anyone else ticking over another year. Fast day tomorrow, lunch’s boiled egg on the boil before I can go to bed.

Happy birthday to Name, belated birthday to Wilbers and to all others whose birthdays I may have missed πŸ™‚

Hello all and welcome Brads27.

You say on your profile you enjoy watching sport, so I assume you are a bloke!

Thanks for the birthday wishes all you lovely people, and I hope yours was as nice as mine WN! (21st Feb as well?) Thats why I love the water, I am a pisces! Actually signed up at a private gym with a pool today, very excited about that. And its not an Olympic sized one either, so I will double my lap tally! Thankyou all so much for the encouragement, especially Amazon and Jojo – I never would have started without your influence.

There is still trifle in the fridge from Saturday (well hidden at the back!) but it calls me every now and then! I have fasted again today after the Tapas feast last night, plus a big walk at a local National Park, so hopefully scales will go down tomorrow. Swimming early tomorrow as a busy day then another social lunch on Friday. Thank goodness for fasting!

So looking forward to the opening of the Marigold Hotel sequel – starts here in 3 days. It cant be as good as the first one but should be fun. I have friends who decided on a holiday in India after watching the first!

Cheers all x

Morning/evening all.

Cold and damp here this morning and I have aching joints. I hope it is the weather or the efforts at the gym and not anything else.

I’m looking forward to meeting up with some of my ex-colleagues this evening. I’ve looked at the menu of the pub we are going to and there are no low cal options, but I should be able to avoid bread. I’ll just change my fast days round over the next few days to compensate.

Bound to be the gym Amazon, you have been pumping iron remember! Hope your evening is fun.

Hi Nama,

I think it is a bit of both as my arthritis plays up when it is damp and/or cold. My thumb joints are very sore this morning.

My evenings with old work mates are always great fun. I used to be the one who organised going out after work. Not often, maybe once every three months. I was the boss so I called them team building exercises πŸ˜‰ and I believe they contributed greatly to the team spirit we had in often difficult circumstances.

Back home after a half day.
    Only 300 cals so far. Will eat the other 300 after a long winters nap.

just found out I wasn’t getting any e=mails since yesterday .
    Hello Brads and welcome to a brilliant place .

Ok hands up all of you who feel this forum has been a Godsend .. I bet you have your hand up now πŸ™‚

Happy birthday or Anniversary to anyone I missed . sorry if I did .

Oh brother has been in Australia for over 40 years and was due to come home for a visit . We were so excited . Sadly that won’t happen now as he is too ill and all we can do is pray he will not be in too much pain . What a lovely guy he is .

Yesterday turned out a liquid fast as all I had was jelly and drinks . I have now lost the 2 pounds I had put on with testing to see if I could go a bit higher on Calories .

I am waiting for the guy to come service the gas appliances and IF the rain stays off I hope to go for my 2nd walk . go me lol :).

Thank you all you lovely people for being in my love and not only for 5.2

onwards and downwards .

Wee xx

Hi Wee,

Sorry to hear about your brother in law. It must be tough for the whole family. I’m sure you’ll be able to give OH the comfort he needs at the moment.

Well done for fasting under such circumstances, and not turning to food for comfort as so many of us do when the going gets tough.

I’ve not lost an ounce despite 7 FDs in the last 10 but I know it’ll suddenly drop off so I’m going to keep on keeping on as SAMM would say.

This forum is a godsend as we all understand exactly what everyone else is trying to achieve, and know how it feels to succeed or fail. One thing I’m impressed with is how we all rejoice in each others losses of weight and gains in fitness and smaller clothes, and are there to offer kind words when the weight loss or life doesn’t go according to plan πŸ˜›

Hi Weemam,
    Go girl go, so glad to hear you are walking in the daytime. Could hubby not go with you? If not please check out if you have local group walks. They sometimes have different levels, I would suggest starting with the Ramblers just yet but Nordic Walking is great because you have two ski poles to push your hips along and help with balance. Seriously it’s great, you know I wouldn’t lie. Our oldest group member is 87 years, looks 65, healthy life, lots of daily walking.

Amazon- are you doing gym everyday? Try alternating, muscles may need a rest or alternate with a swim. I go four days out of 7 and only do aerobic/ weights on 2. Works fine. Of course I do sports 5 days per week now because I love bowls and badminton. Fancy trying short tennis next.

Eating salad everyday now with low cal dressing, feel full of beans and slimmer every minute. I think the circuit training is helping general fitness. I really must try a ‘spin’ class next but the times are not great for me, conflict with other treasured activities such as choir or reading group. Knitting coming along well, just finished a cowl in ribbing, get me? My mother would turn in her grave if she saw the dropped stitches and mistakes. Ha ha. I need to learn to correct errors and identify them, it’s a problem. I take my eye of the ball and it goes to pot. My daughter is happy with it though so that’s all that matters. Quite surprising really because she is normally such a perfectionist. Must get going dogs to walk before I play bowls again today( different type) short mat, I am even worse at that than indoor bowls.

I think both men and women enjoy watching and playing sport, amazon and I certainly love watching tennis

Jojo,

I’m not doing consecutive days. The only time I did that was the week you and Smiffy came to London and I wasn’t using the resistance equipment then. This week I’ve done cardio/resistance on Monday and Pilates and a swim yesterday.
    I think it is mainly the weather that is causing the pain as it is the usual suspects ie my thumbs and left knee that are really sore, plus I did a huge amount of walking on Saturday and Sunday. So mostly that and post Pilates which seems easy at the time but aches afterwards until your body gets used to it.
    I’m going to try a Zumba class tomorrow!

Jojo, Smiffy

and anyone else who is interested,

I’ve posted some photos of Kew Orchids on FB.

Hi all.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. Nama,yes mines the same day as yours!! Only met 1 other person who shared that date, a girl who I was working with.
    Amazon, are you on Facebook as Amazon,too? Would love to see your photos as I like Orchids and always have some on the go. Was given a gorgeous one on Saturday by my daughter.
    WN.

Hello all

I’ve been off the thread for a few days and haven’t a hope of catching up on all but the most recent posts.

Wee, I’m so sorry to hear about your family’s sadness. Love and kind thoughts to you all. Yes, this forum is definitely a godsend!

Samm – my heart goes out to you too. So much to deal with, yet so positive. You are indeed a strong and brave man.

Good luck Ladies of Lent – it sounds as if you are all doing really well. I don’t really eat much food containing sugar to give up, but I really should have given up wine!

Hope you’re feeling much better Purple, and congratulations Nama, RT and Wilbersnanna. Belated happy birthday too, Nama and Wilbers.

Jojo, your determination is exemplary. I finally weighed yesterday and am back to my pre-London weight. It should have come off sooner – I didn’t have your excuse of staying an extra day! Im still 4 lbs more than my lowest just before Christmas. I would still like to lose 10 lbs before the end of March – Jojo, my birthday is actually 2 April – I just missed being an April Fool.

‘All around my hat’ – it brought back lots of seventies memories.

Amazon – fantastic work at the gym. My only exercise has been walking, but I have done rather a lot of it, at least 3.5 miles a day, so at least my legs are toning up. Have a good evening with you ex-colleagues.

Beautiful pics of the orchids.

We’re going home on Friday, so it’s going to be back to muddy fields rather than a long stretch of beach. I shall be so glad when this winter is over. I just hope spring is a bit drier!

Hello to everyone else, and newcomer Brads27. Fantastic results so far – do stay with us and keep us up to date on your progress.

Nama – I can’t wait for the new Margold Hotel film either. They showed the original mo tv again last night. I loved it just as much as when I saw it first time around.

About to start the marathon clean-up in readiness for leaving early Friday morning. I am no domestic goddess but we like to leave the house spick and span ready for next time. I’ve also got to finish some painting. – I’ve been on a mission with a can of white chalk paint for several months now and transformed a lot of old mirrors, lamps and occasional tables. I’ve been amazed at how good it all looks.

Have a good day/evening all

Smiffy x

WN, we have a private group set up on fb so I’ll need your details so I can invite you to join.
    I bought a couple of plants last year after going to the festival which is an annual event. They are both in flower at the moment and I’m thrilled that I’ve managed to keep them going for a year.

Hi Smiffy, I’m really enjoying the gym so despite it being hard, I’n enoying the challenge. Long may that last. I love walking though, there’s nothing like being out in the fresh air, and if you’ve been walking that far every day, that is great.

Up again.
    going to get out the kettle bells and try to match my calorie in take with hand weights through out the day.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,451 through 7,500 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.