Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,701 through 6,750 (of 16,657 total)

• “I expect you to be 1 kg lower next week, me too of course.
    Jojo xx”

Lo and behold the scales were much kinder to me this morning so I’m really happy with the 3lbs loss

Not been posting but I do read most of what is here if I can, it’s all very encouraging 🙂

Smart

I am back fasting again to lose weight. Lost about 11 kgs last year but have put most of that back on. I will be interested to see how you all go about losing weight fasting. How often you fast, etc
    cheers
    Jenny

6,700 posts, wow! What a busy thread this is.

Morning/evening all.
    Cold, frosty and bright here this morning. I’m getting ready for a morning at the gym. Apparently it is going to be cold and sunny all day, so I’ll go for a walk this afternoon if I’ve got any energy left 😉

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Welcome Jennymc there’s a lot of information and successful people in this thread. Basically when losing we fast two days per week by that we mean 400 calories only on those days (no more but can have less if you’re okay with that) then eat up to between your BMR & TDEE on other days (again don’t have to eat that much but those are maximums). What I’m doing is working on my goal weight BMR and TDEE which is working nicely for me. Others do something slightly different it depends on you, your individuality and what works for you to a degree, but we all fast for those 2 days/wk.

Catch you all tomorrow 😀 , Cheers, AO

Good morning Fast Trackers,
    Busy day planned and ribs feeling good so I might try a bit more today.

Last night I went to the worst ever Kareoke night. Only two of the eight singers there could carry a tune, the place was a dump and it was freezing cold. I went to support a friend, she was one of the two that could sing but seriously, never again. It was torture to my ears and shivering body.

Yes RT I could do 500 cal fast everyday but would it be nutritionally good for me?, I don’t think it would, energy levels would drop and I would feel cold all the time. I think the 19/5 works well every day though. I eat to the maximum calories I can, so that I don’t gain weight, trust me, if it was 2000 on non fast days I would eat it. I love my food. Sadly even though I keep pretty active I have a very sluggish calorie burning system, not enough muscle to do the burning yet. Give me 6 months, working on it.

SAMM definitely has the right idea, increasing muscle quota which in the long term will be more efficient.

With that in mind I am off for a brisk walk with my dogs, then dance class, aerobics, swimming and finally badminton. Get moving everyone unless you want to diet for the rest of your lives. I don’t plan to be a victim anymore after this year, my diet changes will ensure that I don’t gain weight in future.

Fasting is an eating control and body healing process but it won’t beat your demons, habits need to be changed for good and you need to ensure you feed your body enough nutrients for it to work efficiently. I would honestly say that after one year on this programme that three days intermittent fasting is the most benificial long term to lose weight. Back to back fasting is efficient for shorter term fix but leaves me in a bad place on day three, eating for England.

Have a good fast day my friends, I am doing an early five hours today, started with porridge, let’s hope I can sleep tonight.

Welcome Jennymc,
    Sorry to hear that you gained your lost weight, please tell us what happened? We need to understand what problems caused this yoyo. Did you lose it quickly but not change eating habits?

We are glad to have you on board, keep posting.

I yoyo too, every holiday seems to destroy my resolve. I am planning several trips this year, one for three months so I need to get a handle on this problem. I think I may need to continue fasting whilst away.

Always hear to support fellow fasters

Hi everyone, I have been a lurker on this thread since early January. I love reading back on all your posts when I have any spare time. jojo like you I want to lose weight for my 60th in September, of course it is still early days for me, I hope I can stick with it as you have. I really admire you for all the exercise you are doing. I do 5 mins jumping up and down every morning, believe me, for me that is a massive improvement haha.
    My starting weight was 10st 12lbs, I am now 10st 4lbs, so 8lbs lost in 4 weeks, 2lbs a week, I am happy with that. I would love to get down to 9 stone, even though when I looked up my ideal weight it was 8st 2lbs, good grief, I can’t imagine myself at that. My trouble is I am too short for my weight, 5’2″, if only I were a bit taller 🙂

Great thread jojo, love the detail, are you a Virgo too?

I have tried to read the new posts but I am too excited and I will come back later and take my time .

I have lost 3 pounds this week and that means 70 lighter than I have been for we think about 35/40 years . I have lost and gained since then but almost 6 years ago I lost 4 pounds off 5 stone BUT this morning I lost the extra 4 pounds too.

SOO I have lost 46 pounds since July on 5.2 .

I am just so so excited and I feel just wonderful . This post is so mixed up but you get the idea lol ??

I have done fluid only and really low cals this week fasts this week (3 in total) . I hoped I would loose the 3 pounds to bring me to 5 stone off . YESSSSSS!!!

I was a size 24 and now some 12’s fit me . can you see I am excited lol

Thank you so much all of you lovely people for being here or me . I know I wouldn’t have done it without the support of all of you …

Love Wee xx

I have been loosing 2lb a week, every week.
    I am unbelievably impatient though! I have always been so self concious, I haven’t been out apart from hospital appointments since my operation!

Lost a stone since I have started this diet, but I have been ill the last few days and my treadmill has been left alone…

Wow weemam, size 24 to 12, that is amazing!! Well done, no wonder you are excited x

Weemam!!!! I am so excited for you, Congratulations! We had a birthday party here tonight, it’s 11.30pm and I was too tired to post anything after just finishing the dishes, BUT how often do you get the chance to congratulate someone who has lost 70 lbs! What a fantastic achievement! You are an inspiration to us all. How much further do you plan to go? Surely you must be near your goal?

Welcome to all the newcomers, watch and learn, Weemam is the master of the 5:2! (Along with several other winning losers on this thread)

Nite x

Congratulations Wee! You really are the incredible shrinking woman!

Well done Wee, what an amazing achievement and an inspiration.
    Wine.x

Sounds like you are truly wee in every way now, Weemam! Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is infectious!

Have a great and active day, Jojo.

Another foot plus of snow is falling here. My mom’s surgery is today, so I will be heading to the hospital soon. They decided to remove the whole compromised kidney, and the cancer has not spread anywhere else’s, so she will not need any chemo or radiation follow-up.

Apple pie, impressive results since you don’t have very much to lose! Keep it up, but be prepared if things slow down. We all recommend taking measurements and trying on clothes to show progress even when the scales are balky! You and I have the same goal, which would put you at a healthy BMI. Some folks have found that they reach goal and the weight keeps coming off, right Purple & Bay?

I am all about getting more veg into my hubby, sneaky or otherwise! Throwing away my birthday cake now and on to fasting!

Afternoon all.
    I’m just back from the gym. I worked really hard and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I’m now tired and hungry. I’m making do with coffee with almond milk and a gallon of water 😉
    Weemam, well done. You must feel on top of the world Smiley

Next time I weigh I should be at the 4 stone loss mark, and it has taken ages to lose this last bit to reach the mini goal what with Cuba and Christmas, but I’m back into the routine this week and determined to be under the next stone marker when I see Jojo and Smiffy next week.

Ply, I hope all goes well with your Mum’s surgery.

Throwing away your birthday cake is a good move. I’m so glad I ejected the remainder of the Christmas cake. The whole time it was in the house it was calling to me “go on you know you want a slice”

I’ve just eaten my FD dinner and am feeling really full. I’ve got 75 calories left so if I feel peckish later I can have some berries but the way I’m feeling now that is unlikely 😛

Good evening All and Congratulations Weemam, joined me on the 5 stone lost. I assure you I am not getting into size 12’s though, fantastic effort. It took me 18 months but you have done it in 7 months. How far to your goal?

Welcome apple pie, birth year buddy, no I am Libra. I don’t really follow horoscopes though, I believe we are masters of our own destiny.

Amazon – are you doing yoga or Pilates or some other body balance class? Do they have dance classes too? I love my ballroom fitness class it’s just brilliant music to dance to, I especially like the Latin dances. 4 stone off too, well done you.

I feel like I am slacking at the moment, this stone has hung around forever, end still not in sight.

Not sure if I am going to badminton tonight, yoga left me a little sore, too much abdominal work.

Ply- very wise getting rid of the birthday cake. I am making a pear and walnut one tomorrow for a friends birthday. The smell will drive me crazy.

Nama – was it your birthday?

Chat tomorrow my lovelies.

Hi Jojo, I’m going to the gym earlier tomorrow for a sneak preview of the 9am Pilates class through the window while I’m on the treadmill. If it looks OK I’ll start next week.
    There are classes all day, every day and I want to try the Zumba, and one or two others have caught my eye, but not just yet as I am keen to spend a couple of months focussing on cardio vascular and muscle strengthening with one Pilates class per week. I also want to have enough energy to swim every time I go. After three months I’ll reassess.
    I overdid it last Monday and paid for it on Tuesday, so I’m trying to pace myself, as my enthusiasm is blurring the line between pushing myself and doing too much.
    I feel as if it is taking forever to reach the 4 stone mark as I weigh 2lbs less than when I went to Cuba at the end of November, but if anyone had offered me that before I went on holiday and then celebrated Christmas on my return, I would have said yes please! Like you I’m hell bent on getting all the weight off, keeping it off and becoming as fit as possible, but not at the expense of enjoying myself. If it becomes a chore, I’ll fall off the wagon, and I’m determined not to allow that to happen after all the time and effort I’ve put into this WOL.

Weemam size 24 to 12 and down 70lb I feel the euphoria jumping off the page congratulations
    How amazing is this WOL
    Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

AWW THANK YOU SO MUCH ALL OF YOU .

I am on a high . I feel just so excited . OH reckons it has been not a diet ,it is a 35/40 years since I was this weight .My granddaughter asked ” Nanny at almost 73 ,why are you on a diet” I explained its WOL that I can keep doing forever .

I have been on and off a diet all my adult life . I started 5.2 because my Mam my Dad and my 2 Grans and aunts have all had/have Alzheimer’s and I have RA and Asthma . I started for health benefits BUT the weight loss has been such a brilliant added bonus .

How far do I want to go ? a 12 fits me in trousers ( still more comfy in my 14’s but they are loose around the bum 🙂 .

To be honest I honestly never dreamed I could get to where I am right now. I am going to keep going for a wee bit but if I start to look scrawny I stop .

I made myself a wee chocolate cake today with whey protein powder and ground linseed . I had a packet of Aunt Bessies custard powder on top of it . It all came in at under 500 calories ( a normal eating day for me ). Not a FD

Please tell me where else or what other diet or WOL can let you do that . I feel happier today than I have in … well so long I can’t remember .

I am not skinny . I don’t want to be skinny . I am too old to be skinny . I like who I am now 🙂 .

OK I am going to say it again. THANK YOU all of you for being beside me in this journey xxxx

Wee xx

Hello all

Weemam – that’s absolutely brilliant! You must feel amazing. There are some truly magnificent losses on this thread – Jojo, Amazon and those who have already reached their target weight. Living proof that this WOL really does work. You are all inspiration for those of us who are still either in the early stages of 5:2, or, like me, have been messing about at the same weight for a few weeks and can’t quite summon up the motivation to get a grip.

In my case, having lost 34 lbs, I can now comfortably fit into clothes I haven’t worn for a couple of years, (some I had never worn at all!) and it is so easy to become complacent, especially when the compliments start coming in. However, I still want to lose another stone (14 lbs) so I’m having stern words with myself. I’m still fasting religiously two days a week, but am not being very careful on the other days.

Inspired by Werman’s joy and everyone else’s success, I am determined to pull my socks up and get back to recording my calorie intake on non-fast days, keeping within my TDEE.

There – I’ve made the commitment, and will hopefully have 3lbs off before the trip to London at the end of next week.

Great to see some new ‘faces’ on the thread. Good luck – this is definitely the place for motivation.

Happy fasting/non-fasting, all.

Smiffy x

Wee CONGRATULATIONS!!! You’re awesome!!! So very VERY happy for you … I can see you jumping up and down with excitement and happiness. Smiley

Congratulations Weemam! What an awesome accomplishment.

Enjoy the new you!

Hi Smiffy,

I have lost weight so many times and come back from a holiday determined to get straight back to the diet and not done so, only to put all the weight back on that I’m determined not to let it happen again. This last month has been a real struggle but I’ve stuck to it. I agree that it is easy to lose the discipline when the clothes fit and the compliments come in, and I think that it is no coincidence that some of us are struggling in the cold weather.
    I’ve been finding it very difficult to keep warm on FDs. Maybe small changes and small goals are the way to go, rather than saying I’m going to lose a stone by…… we should be working towards a succession of very small goals.

I’ve decided that the dishes I’ve been making and freezing are all off the menu now that they’ve nearly all been eaten, and I’m going to come up with a completely new meal plan.

We can do it!

Hi AO and Lori 🙂

Congratulations, wee, you are an inspiration.
    Hello Fters

I have been a bit absent due to life and its events. I am on Fast track again after some deviations. Doing Mon, Wed, Fri fast days combined with 6km swim per week and 6km walk (average ) each day.

OH has been reading about Diabetes 3 in a magazine “What doctors don’t tell you” Feb 2014. It’s a British magazine.
    What the writer says is that Alzheimers is caused by sugar consumption. The drug companies have spent millions on a cure for Alzheimers,with no success, but low sugar consumption can help avoid the problem.

Interesting to read about you throwing the Christmas cake, Amazon. I love it so much, I decided not make one this year. I almost love it more before it is cooked!
    Thanks to you all, I now have nuts on hand when desperate. I noticed that Amazon uk have good prices on nuts so will buy to eat in France on our return in March.

Off for a wetsuit swim in our cold Wellington water.
    XX Wiwi

Hi Wiwi.
    Next Christmas when of course I’ll have been at goal for 6 months and be on maintenance 😉 I’m going to look for different ways of making Christmas cake. I made mincemeat with half the amount of sugar specified in the recipe this time, and it tastes really good, so I’m thinking about going the same way with the cake, and going for a lighter recipe with less fruit. Or I might not make one at all……………….

Enjoy your swim 🙂

Congratulations Wee! I’m doing a dance for you! The joy of achieving something yourself, through self control, is brilliant.
    I hope there will still be some of you left when we get to Stirling later in the year 😉

Thinking of you and your mum, Ply. Hoping all goes smoothly.

Don’t freeze in that Wellington water, wiwi. 🙂

Amazon, Jo and Smiffy, (and many others) you have all come a long way Keep the end goal in mind (a healthy you) and rejoice every tiny positive. It IS small achievable increments that keep you going. The big goals can’t come every day. Savour them with glee when they do, but enjoy the journey too. Challenge yourself not to eat for 1 hour or to walk straight past the bakery or to eat the salad and leave the chips. Every time you do, be proud of your resolve. Nobody made you do it. You just took control.

Go FTs….off into that healthy future. P x

Thanks Amazon – makes me feel a lot better. I’m also consoled by the fact that the situation would have been so much worse had I not stuck to the fast days.

Like you, I feel the cold terribly on these days. I’m curled up under a fleece with no-added-sugar hot Ribena!

Hey Kiwi, enjoy your swim – brrrr!

Hi FTs everywhere,

Wee, such good news. Your are an inspiration to us all and I agree 100% with your response to your granddaughter – for the health!

Amazon and Smiffy, well done on sticking with it. Sometimes we just have to grit our teeth and remember the goal to get over resistance.

Ply, how disciplined to throw out the birthday cake. Sending positive thoughts for your mum.

Jojo, how long has it taken for your rib to heal? I wonder if I cracked one in Friday’s tumble because it hurts to take a deep breath or cough. No obvious displacement I can detect with my fingers. Could be just bruising of course, says she optimistically 😉 Will give it a week then see the medico if no improvement.

Purple, uplifting thoughts and encouraging words as usual. Thanks!

Good FD for me yesterday, didn’t have anything except black tea and water until I got home (23hr fasting window, longest ever), then 2 veg patties @ 25C each while I was cooking and a small grilled lamb chop and steamed greens and carrots for dinner. Didn’t originally intend to fast again today but will see how I go. Didn’t think about lunch before I left for work out of habit and may just have a coffee (100C). Chicken and salad planned for dinner.

Will check in again later. I’m giving a training this morning and need to achieve some semblance of organization so I can kid everyone I know what I’m talking about 😆

Have a good day everyone and keep up the good work. N

Congratulations, Wee

Woohoo! What a fantastic achievement. 5 stone lost. Amazing! 🙄
    You are an inspiration to us all.

I agree re losing the sugar and regaining our health. I am reading the new version of Michaels book and the Kate Harrison recipe book. Need some new ideas. 😉

Loved my 23 hour water, coffee fast yesterday.
    Cheers, Bay 😆

Ply, Best wishes for your mothers operation. Bay

Thanks Purple – you are right – small steps, little goals and challenges. Thanks.

Hello Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA
    and Hello World and Forum Stalkers (You know Who You) 😆
    this place continues to amaze me hey we have some fantastic stuff happening here today and it all just rolls off the tongue so easily 2 people coming off 23 hour fasts well done Nicky and Bay PVE beautiful words and I have already had a word to Weemam in regard to her awesomeness but 500cal is a normal feed day for her thankyou 😯 so nonchalant it is addictive
    RT

3 people RT. I didn’t eat all day yesterday, either 🙁
    Sorry your poor body is still suffering from falling Nicky. Slay ’em with your knowledge this morning mate. 🙂 P

RT 500 calories isn’t what I eat in a day pal . I usually eat about 1100/1200. I just meant the cake and custard came to 500 . part of my Normal days ” My words”. My TDEE is around 1300 now as I am WEE and old lol ( not old in my head though) 🙂 .

Fast days are from 200/300 for me but last week I managed a liquid only day too and one of the 200/300 I stopped at 100. I don’t get hungry now as I am getting used to it .

Isn’t it great how well we are all doing . What a group of great loosers 🙂

Wee xx

Hi wee Wee
    I have a similar TDEE. And I’m always hungry. Even nearly 2 years in, I still have to work hard on fast days. I find not eating anything during the day works best for me as, one little taste, and I’m gone. 🙁 All self restraint disappears. That’s why I rid the house of tempting food.
    Mind you, the thrill of being small again will always keep me going….love it!! P

PVE .. I had/Have IBS depends on what I eat so if I am going out I don’t eat until I am back home anyway . . if I am at home I try to wait until after one . If I go out with Dad it can be from 4 up to 7 before I break my fast . sorry if it is TMI but I like to be near my own loo.
    If I start to eat I usually want to keep on eating so I go as long as I can without .

Wee xx

Hello everyone from Melbourne!

Thanks for asking Jojo, but I wouldn’t have been doing the dishes at 11.30pm if it had been my birthday, my eldest sons actually. (Mine is in 3 weeks!). And in continuing with the cake throwing, the last of his cake which was left behind for us to enjoy, was also chucked out last night! Fasting and swimming today instead of eating cake! It’s becoming repetitive, but Jojo your thread is such an inspiration!

Smiffy I get you. After losing a fair amount of weight and fitting into old tight clothes, plus lots of flattery from others, there is a ‘danger zone’ and a tendency to relax a bit too much! I think I also need to start paying more attention to calories on non fast days, otherwize things could really stall! I guess if I can be inspired by this lot to start regular swimming, I can also start making more effort counting!

And Purple, re ……”be proud of your resolve. Nobody made you do it. You just took control.” Thanks for that. Your wordsmith skills would have been wasted on little ones, you should have been teaching teens! But that’s what we have to remember, it’s really down to us and only us and resolve is the key. Just thinking, with Jojo, Amazon and Wee between them, that is a whopping 14 stone just between the three of them. Imagine if we added in SAMM, Purple, Bay and all the other ‘big losers’ around here!

Ply I do hope your Mums surgery goes smoothly and this day is behind you soon. Nicky I hope your ribs are only bruised and you are feeling much better very soon.

RT I apologise for the cool summer, but cant really be held responsible! I am loving it, but certain we will pay for it soon. Your fasting seems to be extending daily, I can’t quite keep up with what you are doing…. Be careful, I think it would be easy to get addicted to the highs of this way of eating/not eating. Sorry if I sound like your mother!

Off for a swim now!

I often think about the whole person OH and I have lost between us. We must have been feeding her for years. So glad she’s gone!!! 😉

Enjoy your swim Nama. Too cool for a dip here. P.

What makes you think she was a she Purple!

Because, in our house, the garbage guts is female 😉 And she got away with it for the first 40 years! 🙁 P

Hi jojo
    I was reading about adf from a few years ago.
    it was problematic for muscle gain,
    I can’t imagine 4:3 being too much different.
    Thats why I take the weekends to eat a lot of protein and strength train. I believe the stronger I do mean the increased strength. Is what helpful in keeping up with my 2000 calorie a week goal for exercise.

Going on a long long long long long walk.

French proves your point, Purple,
    La poubelle – rubbish bin
    rubbish= ordures (fem also)
    la gourmandise= enjoying your food too much.

You could probably use it to disprove your point too!
    xx Wiwi

Morning/evening all.

Thanks for the encouragement and wise words from all of you.
    I had a great FD yesterday, 23 hours for me too. And I’m ready this morning for the next one after an unplanned jump onto the scales revealed that I’ve dropped another 1lb, so 1lb to go to the 4 stone marker!
    We have a bit of snow here, not enough to disrupt travel but it might be a bit slippery out there, so I’ll need to be extra careful when I go out.
    I need to get a move on, have a great day/evening fasttrackers.

Wonderful losses, Wee. Isn’t this just the greatest? From size 24 to size 12 is nothing short of miraculous, you are right, the realization of a dream. I am jumping for joy for you, and for me, and all the other happy losers on 5:2. It will revolutionise the planet.

Forum stalkers, RT? Mmmm. Reminds me of a friend, when told that we were itinerant (having lived in so many places), said no, we were shifty! Thanks.

And your extra person – female, P – seems Wiwi has proved the point for the French. Fortunately English has no gender, so call it IT. Then when IT has been excised, no compassion need be spared.

Best of wishes with your mum, Ply.

B

Good morning All,
    Nicky – ribs take 4-6 weeks to heal on average, I am three weeks in. Only hurst when I stretch now plus fast movements, no badminton or running.

Smithy, good luck with challenge but 3 in one week very tough. You may need to do a liquid day. Personally I prefer food. Forget no cal days, I do too much exercise for them.

Off to bowls then aerobics for the aged, ha ha.

Speak later, be wise with your food choices today

Well the science may say we breathe out our fat, but I still like to think of ‘her’ as PVE’s Fatberg, lady-shaped and lurking in the sewers… Keep the toilet lid down, else she might come get you in the night…

Love that image, Happy. Down the loo with the cockroaches!

Lucky I have ‘soft close’ toilet lids Happy. Horrifying nightmare of my fatty self creeping back!
    Oui, wiwi. The French have most food related words as feminine, don’t they? P

I went to the gym and spied on the Pilates class while walking a virtual tour of Wellington 🙂 It looks to be at a level I could cope with so I’m going to give it a go next Tuesday. I found out earlier that there is another bus strike on Thursday so if I want to make it three trips to the gym this week I’ll have to go again tomorrow. I wonder if I’ll be able to move on Thursday?
    I didn’t have time to swim today as I’m going to visit my brother this afternoon. I’ve got just enough time for a coffee and then I have to leave.

The sun has come out 😛

Bye. X

Viewing 50 posts - 6,701 through 6,750 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.