Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,751 through 6,800 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Amazon,
    You might want to check on the Pilates class as my gym won’t let you in the class unless you have done a 6 week beginner course. You have probably done it in the past though, so you’ll be OK. Enjoy!

Walk over . 22,381 steps.

Hi All,
    Time for a catch up! I seem to not be losing at the moment but neither am I putting on weight so I must be doing something right!!! I find this cold weather makes me want to eat comforting soup and stews so I have been experimenting with healthy filling recipes. Today’s is venison sausages with celery,carrots and chickpeas. I have also tried the orange and almond cake posted on here. I used stevia instead of sugar and it worked very well!
    Amazon, ‘re your home made cake for Christmas, I used a Dundee Cake recipe but substituted the sugar for stevia again and used ground almonds instead of flour.I also used dried cherries and cranberries instead of raisins etc. It made a much less sweet cake but visitors seemed to enjoy a slice with a cuppa, as did I, and I didn’t feel guilty!!!
    Good fasting and feasting.
    WN.

Evening all.

I didn’t intend to do a 25 hour fast, but by the time I got home this evening, listened to and read my messages and returned some calls it was 6.45pm. Fortunately dinner only took 5 minutes to be ready with the assistance of Mr Microwave ๐Ÿ˜›

Silva, I’ve done several months of level 1 Pilates already so there won’t be a problem.

Wilbersnanna,

I do quite a lot of baking and I was thinking along the lines of a lighter cake and using stevia. It’s great to know that it works, so thanks for sharing that.
    I have a friend who doesn’t bake, and her husband loves my cakes, so I might try one out on him, tell him it’s my own recipe and see how he thinks it compares. That way I’ll get a slice to taste too ๐Ÿ˜‰

SAMM, that is a big walk!

Morning all, almost slept in today, really wanted to keep sleeping, lol ๐Ÿ˜€ but now I’m up I’m fine.

Needing another FD combined with 23/1 today to make up for the weekend where I over indulged and boy do I know it! Nevermind today is a new day and I’m able to work on what needs doing without any hassles ๐Ÿ˜€

Good to hear from you again Wilburs and if you’re not losing try using your goal weight TDEE and BMR for non-FDs as this kick started me again ๐Ÿ˜€ and other than eating to my current TDEE and BMR last weekend I’ve been keeping to my goal weight TDEE/BMR and under 400 calories for FD – also doing 16/8 most days too but 23/1 on FD’s.

Chat more later ๐Ÿ˜†

Hello all

Jojo – I won’t be going on an all-liquid regime (unless it’s alcohol! Lol) I like my food too much too! I’m confident of losing because I know that 2 of the 3 lbs I want to lose are probably water retention after all my recent naughtiness! I’m just being very careful in between fast days, using Myfitnesspal. It must have thought I’d abandoned it. I’m trying by to stick to 1200 cals, which I know will work.

Ply – I do hope all went well with your mother’s surgery and she makes a good recovery.

Hello Wilbersnanna – I just love venison sausages!

Amazon – well done on the involuntary fast! You must be feeling very virtuous. Good luck with the Pilates.

It’s a very cold night here, but clear, with a beautiful moon. We’ve got the wood burner doors open with the fire blazing, and it’s really cosy in our little cottage tonight.

Have a good one all, evening or morning, fasting or not.

Smiffy x

Hello Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA
    And Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜†
    Thanks Weemam I see my error all fixed now sorry PVE I missed that on this thread hey youโ€™re inspiring others as always. Seems quite a few are on the 23/1 FD great job AO Jojo are you still on this? Amazon take a bow 25 hour fast what a legend.Wow great strength in slinging out the leftover birthday cake Nama now if you where my mum she would have had a pink fit at the very thought of throwing out food of any description trust me ๐Ÿ˜‰ Now I am currently on a study of one I am on the EOD Every Other Day Diet by Dr Krista Vardy which is one 500cal meal a day (dinner for me) followed by whatever you like the next day no restrictions my TDEE is 1900cal but Iโ€™m usually in at around 1100cal and I like 19/5 I have been doing 4-3 now for 5 months with 6 fasts a fortnight and by doing the EOD itโ€™s 7 fasts a fortnight or 4-3 and every 2nd Sunday I do appreciate your thoughts thankyou. I see your pies play my crows in round 2 at Etihad do you go to the games?
    Happy Hump Day Fast Friends
    Peace RT

Hi Smiffy,

I noticed the moon tonight when I was in the kitchen, as it is very clear here.

Good to hear you are back on track. It doesn’t take much to get back into the swing of things does it?

I’m very pleased with myself as I’ve sailed through 2 FDs. My plans for the rest of the week have changed, so I’m going to fast again tomorrow and if I can cope, Thursday too.

I had a really nice FD dinner, and once again have calories to spare but I don’t need them which is great. I am feeling really motivated this week, long may it last ๐Ÿ™‚

RT, I didn’t do 25 hours on purpose, but keeping busy makes such a difference.
    You’re not doing so bad yourself.

Apology accepted RT. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Wow, you are getting really carried away. Aren’t you nearly at goal? If not, you will be soon at this rate! Great stuff mate! !!!!
    Have a happy hump day. Purple

Hi Wilbursnanna

Anyone who fasts in extreme cold weather, and who is NOT putting on weight should pat themselves on the back. It’s a great achievement to not increase your food intake as the weather closes in.

I love vegetable soups with ginger and chili, so warming and satisfying in the cold. Enjoy your nourishing food.

SAmm, What a walk ! Amazon, amazing fast days ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

PVE very intuitive of you yes the goal is in sight and there’s a whole lota shakin goin on ๐Ÿ˜‰
    thank-very-much
    cue hip swivel ๐Ÿ˜†

Look out wyfee! He’s hot ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi wilb
    You’ve done well considering the cold.
    Something I’ve learned, following this forum over all seasons, is that we in Australia can do a lot of exercise in the winter, even if we live in cold areas. We are far more restricted in the very hot summer weather, but then, it is easier to eat less when it’s hot.

In winter in the UK and northern US (and of course Canada and France) opportunities for incidental excercise are limited and the body, naturally, craves warming food. You also feel the cold with less fat, whereas this is a big advantage for keeping cool in hot summers.

Remember these issues when you are feeling you aren’t succeeding. Managing fasting and the variants of weather is challenging. However, well worth it. Cheers fts. P

Hello all,

Usual breakfast time hilarity going on here, I think you are right Purple …. Wyfee better look out! That’s fantastic RT, you have worked very hard to get to the hip swivelling stage! I admire your determination in doing the EOD diet, thanks for update. Tell your Mum it’s better to throw food out than eat it and waste it as fat on our bods! Especially a Strawberry Mousse birthday cake, with very few vitamins in it!

Re the footy RT, I do enjoy going but usually only once or twice a season, I like the comfort of watching at home. Husband hates it, I am the one yelling at the TV. He bought a really big telly a few years ago and I only “permitted” that as it is so good for watching football! Can’t wait for it to start….love winter, love the Mighty Pies!

Happy with weekly weigh in this morning, that big day in the garden must have paid off with another 800g gone, despite the birthday celebrations! QUESTION today for my learned friends, re MyFitnessPal. Now I am aiming to be more serious re calorie counts on non fast days, I decided to download it to iPad. (I don’t have a smart phone, am avoiding getting one as I would never get anything productive done!) However, as someone from the Stone Age, I actually find pen and paper much quicker. I have played around a bit with it, but as far as tracking daily cals/kjs, it seems to ask me too many questions when entering food and takes me forever to find the appropriate info. Am I missing something really obvious? I can do the same calculations with my trusty calorie booklet and a pen and paper in a fraction of the time……. I would be grateful for some ideas!

Gosh Amazon – you’re really going for it! Good luck!

I want to get into those size 12 trousers ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m with you on pen and paper, Nama. After a short while of recording you learn the calorie count of your usual food.
    I used Fitbit to record all my food for one month (or maybe less) last year. It turned the whole process into an obsession. The whole point of 5:2 is to be a lifelong change, not a short term obsession. Understanding, intuitively, which foods will do you good will be a lasting benefit of this wol.
    Work out vaguely what foods are only “sometimes foods” and relax and enjoy the many many very low cal delicious foods as everyday foods.
    Life is for living. ๐Ÿ™‚ P

And you will Amazon!
    Then, like me, you’ll find they become too big too! ๐Ÿ˜‰ P

Thanks Purple, that’s exactly how I felt. I have counted calories/points etc in the past and it does get really tiresome, plus very easy to get obsessed with it all. That’s what I love about 5:2!!

Time for a quick boast. I bought some new white linen pants yesterday, fitted well and size 12!!!! First time since I was about 12 years old I think! I was going to wait til at goal but am getting sick of the baggy look and as so much on sale at present I couldn’t resist trying some on! Big shock when they fitted! So Amazon, if I can do it, you will sooner than you think, esp with your incredible determination! That means I have gone from a size 18 in pants to a 12, since September. It’s a miracle!

Fantastic Nama! Great feeling isn’t it?. Well fitting clothes make you look even slimmer too.
    Go girl ๐Ÿ˜† P

Actually P and Nama (well done on the size 12!), I really like using MFP when I want to be strict on calories. It’s great being able to store recipes and regularly eaten foods with their calorie count, and it gives me a real sense of achievement looking at the loss graph. I find it much more fun than writing it all down, especially the bar code scanning facility. Sad or what???!

Not sad at all Smiffy, I admire your technical astuteness! I am just too lazy to enter all the data in the first place I think. I agree about graph of losses, I use the one on the tracker on this site, very satisfying!

I don’t remember entering loads of data, but it was a couple of years ago, and I know the site has got a bit more sophisticated. I’m certainly no geek, but it works for me. Off to sleep – have a good day.

Smiffy, before you go, my OH, obviously more techy like you, set up an Excel program with foods, calories etc. And a graph. I refused to use it and, being a teacher ;), hand drew a graph with the slope and time to goal. It worked for me. “We’re all individuals! ” “I’m not! ” ๐Ÿ˜†
    Whatever works.
    Btw Nama, as distracting as they are, you can look up calorie counts for any food when you are out on a smartphone…..as long as it’s charged….long story!!! P

Good evening FT’s,
    What a busy day I have had?
    I played quite a good game of bowls, then had my hip X-ray at the local hospital.
    Finally I did my circuit training healthy heart class. I suspect my arms and shoulders will ache tomorrow as the exercises were different from my kettlebell swing. The instructor commented on my physical endurance and strength, she suggested I attend a more robust class. I then explained that I am recovering from broken ribs and have an undiagnosed hip problem, so she agreed I could stay. I could not do the hula hoop around my waist, need to practise – everything else a doddle.
    I had a salad lunch and then walked my dogs. My running was cancelled as we had snow but it has cleared now. I spent the evening knitting and watching TV( dull).
    It was not a fast day and I had an attack of the munchies. Heaven help me from boredom.

Amazon – sounds like a plan – I do Yogalates – ridiculous combo but the time is convenient. Do you take your own yoga mat, I do now as the ones at the gym are not cleaned, they stink. I have complained.

Ply – how did your Mum get on? Cyber hugs to you.

Samm – yes muscle building and fasting are an issue. I think I will do circuit training on non fast days and drink a protein shake first. What do you think?

Ok everyone, let’s find out what our combined losses are. Please post in pounds this weekend. Let’s see how many 10 stone persons we have lost between us. We will give them names, male or female, doesn’t matter. I like to think of my fat as an ex boyfriend who cheated on me – don’t want him in my life again, **** ( best kept private)was his name. Nice guy but didn’t understand loyalty and honesty very well.

I heard a saying today- ‘The more I know about men, the more I like dogs’ sexist crap but there is a lesson which we can transfer to fasting. ‘The more I know about nutrition, the more I like eating healthily’

Fasting tomorrow – making a prawn curry – yum. Wednesday is bowls and Rock Choir. Exercising my body and my spirit. Good luck Fasters, be strong.

: PVE and Nama I shouldnโ€™t say it but bugger it I will rather than watching the telly with my eyes shut in the recliner then waking up to let the dog out for a wee run and slip into bed There is much to be said for having a shower then going to bed together now ๐Ÿ˜ฏ just sayin ๐Ÿ˜† Ahh Footy fever at the house of the raising sons is almost a religious experience Nama I have Foxtel so watch every game just about and all 3 on Sundays even the replays get a viewing ๐Ÿ˜† I am a couch coach and umpire scrutineer of the harshest kind ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
    And yelling at the 70 inch is mandatory and compulsory however I have a den slash study slash man cave kinda thing so my poor form and language depending on outcome doesnโ€™t impact the whole house. Always in every footy tipping contest going in town 3 pubs every sporting club and the work one I went twice last year to the new Adelaide Oval stunning development it is too we make a weekend of it stay Fri-Sat night we walk to the ground watch the game walk back to hotel dad n lad time y-fee not interested but loves the shopping so win win for me ๐Ÿ˜‰ I will go to another 2 this year for sure.
    Great work on the new pants as I have said before 18 to 12 means zero to me but the look and feel I understand is this Sandy our very own ONJ in Grease in the all black satin outfit at the end maybe hmmm. Keep on keeping on.
    Peace RT.

Hi everyone

Firstly Jojo, my loss in the year since I have been following this WOL is 24.2lb. I call him Fatso, even though he is only a skinny little bloke now but by the time I get to goal he’ll weigh 40kg (88lb).

Nama, good work on the pants – white no less! I’m much too mucky for white, I’ve barely stepped out of the bedroom before some spot or other has appeared.

RT, nearly to goal? Well done! Yfee will definitely have to look out ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit: RT our posts crossed. My OH is couch coach and umpire scrutineer too – freely gives the benefit of his experience, even though I’m the only one who can hear it. ๐Ÿ™ Have to say I hate football and go into mourning at the end of the cricket season. However, despite knowing nothing I have won our work tipping comp twice over the years ๐Ÿ˜†

Yesterday I had a bowl of salad leaves during the day and chicken salad for dinner, so came in about 1000C. Today a FD, so far nothing except black tea and water. Veg stir-fry for tonight so well under 300C for the day.

Despite taking care on both FDs and non in the past week, I have put on weight. I think it was Wee who mentioned the fluid-retaining properties of paracetamol so wonder if that’s the cause, as I’ve been taking some at night to ease my ribs before sleep. Feeling a bit down due to aches and weight gain. Gradually feeling less achey so will see what happens if I don’t take any more. Weigh-in tomorrow morning.

Happy hump day everyone. N

Thanks for all the good wishes for my mom, everyone! The surgery went well, and she is slowly recuperating. She had more pain than she expected, but that is improving as well. She is not one to complain about pain, so it must have been bad. She will probably be in the hospital for one more day, then home on Friday. xox Ply

Good news Ply. I hope she finds relief soon. P x

Lovely to hear, Ply. Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Jojo

In 2014 I lost 33 lb through adopting 5:2 intermittent fasting as a way of life. ๐Ÿ™„

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow, Nama. Size 12. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Enjoy the fantastic feeling! ๐Ÿ™„ cheers, Bay

Nama
    A general guide. If we eat approx 1200 cals everyday we will eventually weigh 120lbs .
    So if goal is say 150lbs eat 1500 cals. It’s the x10 factor.
    It’s calorie restriction at simplest most proven method.

Personally I for general health no smoking, no alcohol, fasting, nutrition dense adequate,exercise.
    So now that I have for lack of words fasting skills of the 600 calorie days. I did start the 1700 feed days, and didn’t start beating myself up when needed more, csse I just throw some eggs into boiling water and make wasabi deviled eggs for anything over 1700 (170lbs x10)

JoJo. Protein drink is just fine IMO , however nutrition dense protein food is the good habit to replace the shake. The very good thing about the protein shakes. Non soy. Is if not diabetic ! Whey protein is absorbed much faster. So taking a cue from the body building forums , take a bit of time to understand how they bulk and cut. What they eat when they are cutting fat, in relation to when they work out.
    Basically they go on low carb to to lower glycogen , but never low protein. I’ll be way way out on the limb when I say there issues in longevity when the body fat ratio is low, but muscle mass is elevated. Way out on the last leaf. However for right now it’s the visceral fat that concerns me the most, so I do HIIT priority 1. . So i focus on those muscles. To build. Not overall body building, but targeted strength training. On the muscles I use to walk, and jumprope. Then on the 7 compound lifts to save time.

Eventually I will switch to the 4 day water fasts to adress the igf1. However I will not lose sight of the HIIT / visceral fat priority. I’m still losing 2-3 lbs every month. Except the holiday break, but it suspect I gained 2lbs of muscle and 10lbs of fat over the holiday break which was essentially a bulk break.
    I use the whey only protein drinks only when cutting and within the hour of the 7 compound lifts.
    It’s problematic for me though due to the diabetes , the whey make my sugars spike. So I go on metformin medication for diabetics while I’m on breaks from fasting. In this way I’m able to have 14 weeks a year on bulk menu. And 38 weeks a year on calorie restriction. Choosing to place my longevity bet on 38 weeks of 4:3 with HIIT 4 days a week and strength training the other 3 days.

I’m still a work in progress as I’m still working at age 46 . So when jobs change my diet get adjusted.
    And finally I don’t like eating alone all the time. So when I’m social I eat from the fish menu .
    Otherwise I eat pole caught skipjack tuna or boiled eggs. Instead of the protein shake.
    But how I do love those slim fast dark chocolate . But lately I see them ad food to enjoy rather than meal replacements. Very good source of vitamin D but so are multi vitamins.
    To avoid my calcium issues . I start almost every feed day off with a prune and a viactive calcium +d&k chew . They lack flavor, but I learned to eat these as my feed day first intake if not eating oat bran.

1 prune
    1/2 brazil nut
    Chocolate chew
    1 dark chocolate covered coffee bean
    5 cherries
    5 blueberries
    About 20 min later a boiled egg.
    I crave for nothing

This is typically outside my 19/5 window. However if I dont intake these calories I. The morning when I break my fast then I stick to the 19/5

I was fascinated with your style of 19/5 JoJo and prompted me to adjust the technique
    If on Monday my 19/5. Ends at 1pm the I stick 27 hours of fast to start the next 19/5 window at 4pm Tuesday . I believe there is A blockbuster of a longevity regime in that WOL.

Basically a sliding 19/5 creates three 27 fasts per week
    I’m very intrigued by it . As I make menus for future implementation and trial. It’s the protein shake that seems to be key, because I don’t want it to be sedentary . So the protein shake after the 27 fast is only thing I can put there.

I’ll talk about some other time as I about to walk another 40,000 steps on double shift.
    Today would of been a fast day, but no chance as my sugars and energy will be erratic. Eggs , pop corn, dried fruits , tuna, and nuts . on the menu today.

Sorry for reading and responding to all the others this thread. Especially Rt and amazon. I’m glad to be in your company folks. Keep on keepin on!

I’ll ‘weigh in’….in the year April 2014 to April 2014 I lost 64 pounds. My OH lost 75 pounds.We have both maintained the loss. Thanks Dr M. P

Samm, I’ve just been to a French lecture on Aphrodisiac foods. You seem to eat a concentration of them! Seafood, nuts, berries, chilli, garlic, spices. Surprisingly watermelon and celery too. Has to be good for you ๐Ÿ˜‰ Purple

Oops April 2013 to 14! That’s a year ๐Ÿ˜‰

Summary:

Started FD 1 July 14 lost 19 kg
    Finish hopefully June 2015 Total loss 32 kg BMI 25
    Mainly 4:3 FD, a bit of slack recently, but now back for the past week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday FD
    xx Wiwi

PS
    Exercise Rรฉgime: 6km swimming per week

85k steps

Hi all,

Jojo as you wanted our stats in order to see how many people we have lost combined, I have said goodbye to 13.8 kg now since September last = 30.3 lbs in 4.5 months. This will be an interesting exercise!

Nicky I think it was Jojo who said painkillers stall her losses. I absolutely agree, it has happened to me with short courses of anti inflammatories. But it reverses quickly when you stop them….good luck. Re the white pants – I often wear white in summer and they do get grubby but they always come clean with bleach!

Great news about your mother Ply, you too will be worn out from the worry. I think emotional strain is more wearing than physical. Take care.

RT we had better be careful or we will be ejected from this thread for talking footy too much! But first I must tell you about my sons Vietnamese partner. She and her twin sister, both very dainty and both work as accountants, both crazy one-eyed Hawks supporters. Both paid a fortune and went to the last Grand Final and yelled loudly. The best bit is that the sister has won the footy tipping at her work for the last three years. The (mostly Aussie) blokes she works with, all clever financial types, have threatened to ban her this year. She does it scientifically on a spread sheet and includes weather, injuries, ground played on etc etc. So funny! I asked her why she and her sister chose Hawthorn when they moved to Australia 11 yrs ago, and she said it was because Hawthorn had the best looking players!! But I have educated her and Collingwood is now her emergency team! oh boy, hope there are no footy-haters on this thread!

SAMM thanks for the info re calorie intake and goal weight. I must research that, fascinating. Your attention to detail re your intake is incredible. You may have been a wild one as a youngster, but you certainly are one disciplined person now.

cheers all.

SAMM I just realized that if my goal weight is 75 kgs that is 165 lbs and when I calculated TDEE for my height, age, gender etc, it is 1650 cals! There must be some science in there somewhere! Must ask Mr Google!

Maths Nama.

Purple, so you are saying that its simply 10 cals per pound per day for TDEE? But how is it so accurate when other factors such as height, gender, age are taken into consideration when calculating TDEE? Sorry, still mystified….

Nama impressed much
    Ok then clearly I need the girls number or email ๐Ÿ˜† no pressure good on em I say I like it when the girls are the winners even on the haloed 8 ball table and the dart board we men folk do not respond well big boys are really just little boys inside I think well my 5 are I know that one ๐Ÿ˜‰ oh by the by I was a hawks supporter until SA had a team and then got the stubby holder scarf t-shirt hoodie and beanie ๐Ÿ˜† carn the crows
    Live life and have fun in
    Peace RT

No. I was just saying maths not science:). Gosh, I find numbers fascinating, but at this time of the day in the middle of moving furniture, I can’t help you. Good luck ๐Ÿ™

Good morning FastTrackers,
    Thanks for the information, I will wait until Monday before calculating the total bodies lost. What an interesting read the thread has been. Such variety, football, recipes, fasting methods.

My thoughts on 19/5 are that it brings ‘ control’ which is vital to long term success, not just on fast days but every day, good luck with trying it.

My thoughts on exercise – essential to body and soul.

My thoughts on socialising- fun and important to maintain normality and motivation to be a slimmer and well rounded person, not just a diet freak. A bowler I was with yesterday was boring everyone with his calorie counting diet, their faces were a picture. I congratulated him and said I don’t need to diet actually because I fast three days per week. Magic moment, his eyes popped out of his head.

Amazon – I am with you on the aim to get into size 12, six months I reckon, maybe less.

Be happy everyone

Hi Jojo loss so far is 16.1kg or nearly 35 & 1/2 lb since September 2014 with much MUCH more to go ๐Ÿ˜€

Excellent Jojo! Yes we aren’t dieting, we fast twice a week. I like your rethink! ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a happy day/evening all. P

Hi jojo,

Can I add my weight loss to our Fat Goliath? It’s 30lb (13.6 kg).

Morning/evening all.

YIPPEE!!!!! Another lb gone which makes 56lb or 4st. I now weight 12st and am so happy ๐Ÿ˜›

Two more to go.

When I was at my heaviest I was definitely apple shaped, so despite losing a lot of weight, there is still a fair amount round the middle. I am now certain that come summer it will be gone forever!

Have a great day/evening everyone, I know I will. X

Viewing 50 posts - 6,751 through 6,800 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.