LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,646 total)

• LD, that’s how i do my fast days all the time. I have black coffee for breakfast, and save all 500 cal for dinner. It works well for me.

Aww thank you everyone!!

Actually looking foward to tomorrow’s fast now 🙂 going to make sure i have nothing after 8 pm and thats will be my 16.8 done for today!!

Have a good evening everyone, LD well done you for keeping all your cals for the evening!! I know a lot of people do this all the time but i dont think i could… But, i will try it someday 🙂

Peter the rooster and my 3 new little young hens are settling in in their new home, they are all safely in the coop now.. Lets hope not too much hen pecking goes on grrr…

Take care and enjoy your evening xxx

🙁 sorry LittleDragon, but in my defence I did say indulge on a non-fast day!!!

Oh dear Angie, KFC – sounds yummy and don’t beat yourself up, it doesn’t hurt every now and then. In fact isn’t that we’re all aiming for, to have the odd over indulgence and be in control rather than always worrying about food. Mmmm KFC good job there isn’t one near by!!!!

Had rocket and an egg for breakfast this morning and have just been drinking herbal teas since. Not feeling overly hungry at the mo’ though that said was hard dishing up the kid’s tea! I placated myself by saving some to have for my lunch tomorrow.

Having a kind of nicoise salad a bit later, which is actually very nice – I do seem to be developing a feta addiction!!

x

Hey Hilly66 thank you lol!!

I hardly ever have junk food to be honest, around here there are none, and we were out of town.. 🙂
    That nicoise salad sounds yummy, i think i might just have something similar later, not very hungry at mo… Enjoy your dinner!!

A bientot 🙂 xxxx

Hello all

Been warned that this week will be a “big week” and I will have to “put my foot down”… as if I didn’t know that already… ugh. I can see a lot of very stressful hours at work this week.

In other news, I’ve not had a thing to eat all day and don’t feel remotely hungry.. how strange… xx

Evening LD,

Hope your week goes ok at work despite all the stress you’re under, must be horrible for you.. I think this is why its affecting your appetite, you’ve done really great today, well done, still you should eat something in case you wake up feeling hungry?

Have a good evening, take care xxx

Just checking in before I collapse! Glad to have a fasting day completed. Did go slightly over in the end, had a digestive and some skimmed milk in my tea but I’m not going to worry, has been a good day (besides being unwell earlier on!).

Eat a little something LittleDragon or promise you’ll eat tomorrow. Just think one day of your “weekus horribles” has gone already 🙂 You will make it through.

Sweet dreams everyone, expecially the new chickens. 🙂

Morning everyone!!

its a beautiful sunny one here in Deal, hope its the same where you are 🙂
    Hilly66 thank you for thinking of the new little chicks lol and well done for managing your fast being unwell!! they are all doing great this morning, running around and getting used to their new surroundings, I love watching them 🙂 a little hen pecking from the older ones though but that wont last very long,and its just nature’s way…

Pete the rooster is also making himself at home 🙂 I have been on my first early walk already, fasting today and nothing is getting in my way, oh no, no way!!

have a lovely day peeps, hope am not fasting alone!! xxxxxxxx

Morning everyone

Sorry Hilly and Angie, I didn’t see your messages on here until this morning. I had some sushi at around 8pm and a square of chocolate (at my desk of course…) but it’s one day down and only four more to go until the weekend. Not eating all day I found was actually fine, perhaps I just lost my appetite for the day, but I had around 350 calories of sushi and I think the chocolate was about 50. I had a little milk in my coffee earlier in the day, so I think I came in just under 500 or so.

I am apprehensive about weighing on Friday but I had a smally victory this morning. I think (but can’t be absolutely sure) I have lost an inch around my waist in 2 weeks, and the skirt I bought this weekend (size 12) from M&S is far too big for me! (might also be the sizing rather than my body though)

Angie good luck with your fast today, I am sure you’re not alone. I think I’ll fast Wednesday or Thursday, haven’t decided yet. It’s lovely day so enjoy the sun on your walk this afternoon. I hope the new addition to the chicken coop is settling in well as well!

Hilly I hope you’re feeling better today after yesterday. Well done on fasting despite usually reaching for comfort food. You will be a stronger person for it all.

LD well done on your small victory 🙂

I am sure its not the sizing and well you could be a size down, a 10 🙂 way to go girl!!!!!!!!!!!! fantastic, I cant wait for Friday either now 🙂

hope that will you going through your day and don’t let anyone stress you out!

have a lovely sunny day everyone! xxxx

Thank you lovely Angie! That’s so kind of you. I wouldn’t rush to say I’m a size 10 just yet – I think perhaps in some shops I could be but sizing is not always consistent. Perhaps I’m now bordering 10/12 which I’m happy with but when I weigh on Friday, I will know how much further I’ve got to go.

Have a lovely day, enjoy the sunshine – perfect weather for a scary film, right!? xx

Thank you LD!!

you remind me of myself when I didn’t dare to believe I could ever be that size 🙂 I find that Next, M&S do very similar size 10, La Redoute also, you just have to believe and the rest will follow 🙂

Have a good day as well, oh yes a good horror is called for lol, of course with the doggies with me, ha what a chicken I am!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

take care xxxxxxxxxx

I was a comfortable size 10 back in 2009 but I’ve slowly piled on the pounds since then, so will be chuffed when I finally get back to that size in a healthy and sustainable way!

Have a great day xx

And am sure you will be again LD, I just know it 🙂

have a fab day too xxx

Hello ladies! Good afternoon,
    you all are too good, I see your posts and and really enjoy the reading,
    And Angie you are right, its really sounds too good when someone say “ooh you are getting slim”. 🙂
    but unfortunately! I always used to listen that “Ooh you are getting Bigger”. 😀

http://www.reviewlization.com/somanabolic-muscle-maximizer-review/

Morning LD, Angie, Hilly66 et al

Beautiful day in London spring has most definitely sprung! I had a good fast yesterday – stir fry is definitely the way to go it is so filling. Off for lunch today but I am planning to have fish so not too many calories.

Angie delighted to hear Pete is settling in with his new brood – must be fun having chucks.

LD – well what can I say. Remember I only lost 2.5lbs last month BUT I lost 3 inches off my waist and my size 12 jeans are now too big so you are doing brilliantly whatever those pesky scales say (ha ha).

I am out and about today so may not be around until later so have a good day all 🙂 x

Hi JF – thanks for your message – I hope you’re right! I can definitely feel a difference in how my clothes are fitting so even if the scales are unkind to me on Friday, at least I can see changes off scales. I should have really taken tape measurements before I embarked on this way of eating but never mind.

Just had lots of fresh mango, blueberries, cherries and raspberries for breakfast – I felt as though I could probably have gone without and made today 16.8 but I think I’ll just do this week normally and experiment with 16.8 if I’m not happy about how much I’ve lost when I weigh in on Friday.

Hope everyone has a great day! Enjoy the sun, if you can! xx

What is 16.8 LD? I have probably missed a post on this topic somewhere. Can you explain

Thank you JFitzy!!

Pete is defo making himself at home lol, heard him crow this morning…:-) I would recommend anyone keeps chickens lol, they are very rewarding!!

oh and just like LD you are well on your way to a 10, yeahhhhhhhhh
    good luck to you both, I am feeling very confident for you both too 🙂

have a lovely day xxxxxxxxxx

JF – 16.8 is where you fast for 16 hours and then eat within 8 hours – so you don’t eat anything until say 12pm for lunch, then you have until 8pm to have dinner and nothing after that. So effectively you skip breakfast but then eat lunch and dinner as normal. Some people do this on their non-fasting days, I’ve not tried it yet but I think I’ll wait and see how this weigh in goes and if I need to change it up, then I will. Lots of people tend to swear by this method, but I’m no expert! xx

Thanks Angie, I will be so thrilled to be the weight that you currently are! That would be incredible! xx

Hee hee Angie I think the last time I was a size 10 I was about 10 years old!!

My problem area is my waist so I would have no problem getting my legs and hips into a size 10 but need to lose more inches off my waist so I can actually zip them up 🙂 x

I’m just generally chubby everywhere which is a bit depressing – I would love to have slimmer thighs and smaller bingo wings, not to mention less fat around the middle! I look a bit like the michelin man. 🙁

Oh LD don’t worry I have the worst bingo wings ever. A friend of mine has amazing arms but she does 1 hour of weights 7 days a week – sorry life is too short in my opinion – my solution is to wave like the Queen does – no raising of the arm above the elbow !!!!! 🙂 🙂

I did about 5 minutes of weights the other day at the gym and decided that it wasn’t for me. Haha! I just don’t have time to work out ALL the time. Perhaps I should do some gentle toning exercises and get some mini dumbbells.. now there’s a thought. But I like your solution better hahaha. xx

LD you will get there, and am no gym bunny either lol!

its just not me, id rather do my own thing, walking is one of them 🙂 and I found this 10 m workout online which is just great for toning up! going to try and post the link on here for you,i don’t do it everyday though, just 3 to 4 times a week… I really really don’t want any muscle weight gain grrr

JFitzy you are so right, life is way to short to slave away in a gym, nooooooooooooooo much better to be outdoors, in the fresh air 🙂

have a good day fab fasters xxx

I do like weights but most definitely in moderation!

Off out shortly so had better finish my work. Speak later x 🙂

http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Flat-Belly-Workout-30851353

here you go!! its easy enough to do for everyone, I love it and I always feel good when am done 🙂
    make sure you do the warm up though xx

morning all. I started coming down with a miserable cold last night and now am wondering if I should still fast today as planned. It’s the first time I’ve gotten sick since I started 5:2 and I’m not sure if I should give it a rest or just forge ahead. What do you think?

Hi Kilda – personally I’ve never been ill when fasting so I wouldn’t know what to advise you from my own experience but my inclination is to say take a rest from fasting and just eat normally as your body probably needs the nutrients.

Get well soon! xx

hi Kilda!

sorry you are unwell today, I would agree with LD and give your fast a miss, wait till you are back to normal 🙂

have a good day!! and get better soon xx

Thanks for that link Angie – as you say short and so easy. I’ve just tried it and I’ll definitely be using that one.

xx

oh am glad Sylvestra!!!

I like it too,it does not feel like a chore and can be done every other day 🙂 and you will feel its working on the abs lol xx

Hello all

How is everyone’s fast going who is doing a fast day?

I’m struggling through today with little motivation. I seem to have gone in the opposite direction from yesterday and craving all kinds of sugary things. I am ashamed to admit I’ve had 2 slim fast bars and a weight watchers caramel wafer – I suppose that’s not as bad as having three regular chocolate bars as together they make up 270 calories but I couldn’t help myself 🙁

Afternoon LD and the gang lol!!

Fasting is going ok for me, just waiting patiently for my dinner around 6,not starving as i have had lots of water.. but hungry all the same !! LD why are you feeling ashamed? You are on a normal day and to me that does not seem exessive at all!!

Hope your day at work has gone well, take care and have a good evening everyone xxx

Evening everyone,

boo work is such a pain, preventing me from catching up with you guys!! You all feel like old friends.

Glad the chickens are settling in well Angie, can’t see me ever having any – think I mentioned a certain one legged cockerel that used to scare me; in addition I worked on a battery farm when I was 16, urghhh!!! Poor things I now have chicken trauma!!

Hey Kilda, there is that old wive’s tale, feed a cold and starve a fever; often there is a certain degree of truth in these things, so maybe lay off the fasting and just eat healthily until you’re feeling better x

Wow LittleDragon size 12 too big, how cool is that – you must be feeling thrilled.

Don’t run off to the size 10 club without me girls, haven’t been that size since sometime in my 20s. At the moment my goal is to head for a 10 but of the 10 stone something variety. I’m not going to weigh til Sunday girls because that’s been my traditional weighing day. Hope to have lost a little more but I did have a birthday 🙂 There are signs that things are happening, belts, some bras a notch tighter and slightly less of a belly, so fingers crossed.

Welcome Aaliyah, great to have you join us all.

xxx

Well ladies, I’ve just had dinner at my desk, AGAIN. I’ve also eaten A LOT of chocolate today… but that’s okay… (I think).

I feel like my stomach is less protruding and people at work are telling me I look slim which is nice, even though I’m here stuffing my face with choc, haha.

Angie how was your fast today?

Hilly66 – you feel like an old friend too, I love checking in on everyone each day!

I am going to weigh on Friday morning because I will have had the benefit of two fasts and it’s to minimise damage over the weekend!

Hope everyone has a better evening than me!! no end in sight with this work.. sigh.

PS happy pancake day 😉

LD, work stress always manages to sabotage my healthy eating – don’t be hard on yourself! Sounds like the chocolate was much needed.

I ended up sort-of fasting today anyway as I didn’t really get hungry. I’ve been sucking on hard candies on and off to soothe my throat but no other food. It’s 3:00 now, might as well go on til dinner so I can chalk up another fast day.

I just looked up what a UK size 10 is and it’s going to be a long time before I can join you ladies in the size 10 club. Or even get into a US size 10, which is bigger than the UK size. But progress is in the right direction. It’s so motivating when clothes get too big! I’m actually wondering how I EVER fit into my bras – after losing 4 inches off the bust they’re just a *little* loose. I must have really been crammed in there, LOL.

Anyway, I’m so impressed with you all getting so slim! Looking forward to everyone’s upcoming weigh in results.

Angie, I’ve always thought it would be fun to keep chickens. My other half is not enthusiastic about the idea, unfortunately for me.

Evening everyone,

Just thought i would say nitey nite to you all, LD you deserved that chocolate for working such insane hours 🙂
    Hilly66 i am so sorry you were traumatised, oh dear… My hens run freely here, no battery !! They have lots of room as garden is quite big and they forrage freely..
    They are low maintenance 🙂 and always fun to watch running around, and of course the fresh eggs 🙂

Right enough chicken talk lol, have a lovely evening everyone, well done to all you who fasted today, cant wait for a nice breakfast in the morning!!

Ooops Kilda, i forgot to say i hope you are much better, i guess every cloud has its silver lining 🙂 well done!

Hi Kilda, don’t worry it will be ages before I get to those dizzy heights too but we’re all moving in a downhill direction, plus probably more importantly we’re doing a lot to make ourselves not just slimmer but healthier too 🙂 Hope that cold starts to clear soon x

Little Dragon – repeat after me CHOCOLATE IS ESSENTIAL IN STRESSFUL SITUATIONS WHEN NOT FASTING – repeat as required to avoid any residual feelings of guilt!! 🙂

I work in a school, we get a thing called a buzz box delivered every so often, it contains flapjacks, brownies and loads of different kinds of sweets; when it arrives it’s like a flock of vultures swooping in – everything is gone within a day usually!!!! The teachers are the worst and it’s an incredibly stressful job!!

x

Hope all you fellow fasters had a good day. I behaved myself at lunchtime so I am just polishing my halo before I go to bed! 🙂 My second fast of the week is tomorrow and then that is it for the week.

Speak to you all tomorrow x 🙂

Thank you very much much Hilly!
    Its my pleasure to be a part of your Conversation. 🙂

http://www.reviewlization.com/somanabolic-muscle-maximizer-review/

Hay ladies! I Found a new thing during my research. that Not only Sea foods helps to lose weight but you will surprised to know that water also decrease the hunger and helps you body to emmit fat and keep your skin healthy and beautiful and helps you to lose weight quickly.

http://www.reviewlization.com/truth-about-cellulite-review/

Oh dear this week is not going to plan! Was fasting yesterday but then the client suddenly appeared with lunch so that scuppered that. Landed late last night and had a few glasses of wine at the airport. Can’t fast today as have long planned drinks tonight (gosh sound like a bit of an alkie!).

So am going to have to fast tomorrow and Friday. Friday will be fine but am onsite all day tomorrow so might be a bit of a struggle but will have to see how it goes.

Am now starting to dread the scales on Friday as think that I may have put weight back on recently……I go on holiday a week on Saturday and had a few final pounds to get rid of to hit my next mini goal. The only thing that cheers me up is that there are several of us in the same boat with no idea what the scales are going to say!

Anyway I hope you all have a great day and happy fasting to those who are doing it!

Hi Jenki2 it is annoying when that happens but as you say you can still do tomorrow and Friday. I don’t rate the scales as I only lost 2.5 lbs last month but my clothes are really loose and I am fitting into smaller sizes. It is all about how you look and feel that is why I only weigh in once every 4 weeks.

Good luck 🙂

Morning all you lovely people – my second fast day is today – who else is fasting today?

BTW for anybody that likes mushrooms and live close to an M&S they have 4 stuffed large mushrooms in a a pack all for 240 calories. They are really lovely and filling! That still leaves 250 calories for lunch and a small salad with the mushrooms. I was getting bored of stir fry so this is a nice change.

Good luck to everyone else who is fasting today – speak later x 🙂

morning everyone!!!!!!

hope you are all well, good luck to all the fasters today :-)Jenki don’t worry too much, happened to me on Monday, thanks to OH fast went out of the window, and did it the next day, its all good!!!

JFitzy I love mushrooms!! will check those out, thank you!! 🙂

have a fab day peeps, its sunny, its mild, its dry, what more could you ask for!!!!!!!! ( ok, well maybe win the lottery hahaha) xxxx

Ha ha Angie funny you should mention the lottery – I couldn’t get to sleep last night and I was imagining what it would be like to win the lottery – only 500K mind I am not that greedy 🙂 🙂 :).

Isn’t it so nice to see the sun – I think I should have been born in Spain or somewhere else in the Med!!! x

Oh JFitzy get yourself down to a shop and play!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

yes the sun is so lovely, my parents are from Sicily, so we do love the sun lol..

have a lovely sunny day xx

Ooh lucky you that Sicily is somewhere we would like to go!

Ok you are on; I will pop down to the shop before Friday and see if my luck is in (ha ha)! 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.