LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 1,646 total)

• Hello Ladies

I haven’t been on here for ages as I have been busy with an event. I am now having a few days off!

Angie I was really sorry to hear about your Dad. How are you doing? Are you in France? I hope you are doing ok :))

I haven’t fasted for the past couple of weeks but I haven’t been eating much either. I am back into it now. 5 weeks to my holidays and my goal for that is looking ok.

Hope you are all having a good week and have a great Bank Holiday 🙂 x

Afternoon everyone

I really want to say a big thank you to all of you for the kind words on this thread, I came back this morning but I will have to go back as there is so much to sort out and only my sister brother and I can deal with… I still cant quite believe all that’s happened last week, it still feels surreal, I hear and see my dad everywhere, I miss him so much it hurts… being in the house I spent most of my teens just broke my heart knowing he would never again be there, the funeral and service was a real tribute to him, so many friends, he is with my mum now, as he wished… I just pray wherever he is now that he is at peace.. I would give anything to spend just another day with him…

cherish your parents, tell them you love them everyday….

love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

big hugs to you Angie. I lost my dad about 3 years ago and I still miss him veyr much. It does feel surreal for a while.

how is everyone else? I’m fasting today,anyone else?

Afternoon all hope everybody has a good weekend – the weather was lovely.

I am fasting today and possibly tomorrow as I am out on Thursday and I like my wine on a Friday night – mind you we are away on Saturday & Sunday with friends so maybe Friday would be a good idea!

Have a great day one and all 🙂 x

Hellooooooo anybody out there?!!! 🙂

Morning JF, I am here, happy fasting. JIP

Me too JIP second fast of the week today. I am hoping to break into the next stone bracket (down that is!!) at my next weigh in – fingers crosesed x

fasting here too! JF, when is your next weighin?

Hi Kilda my next weigh in is Saturday (eek!!) hoping to have lost a couple of more pounds. I am now weighing in twice a month. It is four weeks today to my holiday so I would like to lose another 8 lbs by then if possible! I have not been very disciplined of late so I am really trying hard this week to be good. How are you doing – you have lost so much already you are an inspiration! 🙂

Hi everyone,

have missed you all too.

Am fasting today too – have only had some miso soup and a few strawberries but don’t feel remotely hungry (not sure what’s going on there!!) Have a recipe from the cookery book to do chicken with peppers and capers, very low in calories so I had better summon up some energy to do that!!

My weight hasn’t really moved lately, hovering at a loss of just over a stone. Hope it starts to move again soon.

JFitzy your holiday seems to have come up so fast, good luck with the weigh in on Saturday.

Kilda how are things going for you? Has Spring finally put in a proper appearance?

Hugs Angie if you’re popping by 🙂

xxx

Morning everybody

just popping in to say I am still around and lurking but not much up to posting right now.. thank you for the hugs Hilly, I am not currently fasting, just being careful what I eat as always and keeping active.. I have good days and I have bad ones, I feel guilty if I am happy then if I am sad and down I hear my dad telling me not to… tomorrow will be my first day back at work and to be honest I am dreading it, but I will be on standby so I won’t have to be in the galleries straightaway..
    Soon or later I will have to go back to France because of paperwork and the sale of the my dad’s house (hate saying this)…

good luck to all the fasters today, have a good day and take care xxxxxxxxxxxxx

good morning ladies! anyone fasting with me today? Had a bit of an overindulgent weekend and ready to get my body back on track. Who’s with me?

Hi Kilda and everyone else, sorry I havent managed to come on this site much. I have been pretty lame and not fasted for a week or so as I have been so busy and neglected the 5:2 plan. However I am aiming to fast on Wednesday this week and see how I get on.

Angie hope you are doing well

Goodluck Kilda with your fast day today and goodluck to everyone else who is fasting today xx

Hi Kilda & Shelly hope you are both well. I am fasting today saving all my calories for dinner tonight. Very hungry now but plan to eat in a couple of hours!

Hope you are ok Angie – thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone, fasting today too – has gone ok. About to have a yummy fruit salad to round off the day.

I’m still plodding aalong, slowly shrinking. Have missed you all.

X

Hi klida, been fasting today too. had cantaloupe Mellon 100 grams that is a whole Mellon could not eat it all and I have been eating it all day 29 calories that’s not bad is it. Cauliflower and cheese sauce and a few mushrooms for tea about 6.30 pm leaving me with a few cals over for a cappuccino about 9pm OTC ward off night starvation. LOL. Weigh in is tomorrow at WW class in the morning. Keep fasssssssting. JIP

JIPWGP, my scale only gives me about 2/3 cup of cantaloupe melon pieces for 100 grams, 3.5 oz., that’s all I could have this morning, I need your scale! 😉

Hi all, hope everyone is all. Shelley – I have also veered slightly off course for all sorts of reasons but going to fast tomorrow and Friday and get back on track. The only slight upside is that I am wearing a skirt today that used to be really tight and is now on the verge of falling down which cheered me up a bit!

Oh well moving on and back to it tomorrow….

Well done Jenki thats really good!I am fasting tomorrow, first after a week or so so fingers crossed it goes well. Goodluck with your fast tomorrow also 🙂
    JFitzy i am well thanks hope you are too and that your fast went okay x

Hi franfit, I had to double check my calorie book, it does say 19 calories for 100 grams. That’s even better I think I said 29 cals if you can find another calorie counter to give cantaloupe melon with a different count I will write to Collins books, it’s called Collins Gem and I have only just bought it. If it is wrong how many more things are wrong? Perhaps I could blame my 1+1/2 lb gain on this book. LOL (I don’t think so) but seriously I will be interested if anyone else could look it up please per 100 grams.
    Cantaloupe. 19 cals per 100
    Honetpydew 28 cals per 100
    Galia. 24 cals per 100
    Watermelon 31 cals per 100

Thanks. JIP

JIP, it’s not the calories I was wondering about, it’s how a whole melon can weigh only 100 grams — acaloriecounter.com says that 1 cup of melon cubes weighs about 160 grams.

Hi everyone, such a nice day today. I am determined to fast today, so I have a prawn noodle salad for lunch, 212 calories and coke zero to keep me going during the day. For dinner I have chicken and lots of veg.

Happy fasting to anyone else fasting today 🙂 xx

good morning ladies! I’m fasting today too. I have a salad for dinner with grilled chicken and I’m going to let my family order pizza because I don’t like it, so it doesn’t tempt me a bit.

Hello everyone hope all is well. I ended up going out to dinner on Monday night and last night (eek) so fasting today and Friday instead.

Have been finding it difficult of late as I have so much on at the moment but I am definitely back on the wagon this week.

Have a great evening x x x x:)

Franfit, cantulope melon are the smallest of the melons, I have one in the fridge for tomorrow and I will double check. I will let you know ASAP? They also seems to have a lot less water content. JIP

FRANFIT! I am shouting seance the capitals in your name! I could not wait for tomorrow so I have just cut my cantaloupe melon. God knows how I read 100 calories it’s just over 500 grams. I cannot blame the difference on calories for this on my 1+1/2 lb gain this week. LOL, thanks for coming back to me on this. I know it’s only 5 x 19 but it could have been a lot more. I will be more careful from now on. Happy fasting. JIP

LOL, JIP, it is just exactly the kind of thing I would have done myself — thank goodness it was only melon, right?

hello ladies – my fast went by the wayside today. They were having a picnic with free food and that killed my resolve. And then at dinner I ended up going over my TDEE for the whole day. I feel like I’ve plateaued lately and my resolve is eroding a little. I just don’t know how to get back in the groove. 🙁

Hi Kilda,

that picnic sounds like fun and the odd Fast abandonment doesn’t matter. 🙂

I managed to fast today – was rather embarrassing, was a test invigilator for the children doing their last maths test today and my tummy was gurgling and rumbling, sure they could hear it!!!

Still got through, had ham and egg this morning and tonight I had a chicken with peppers and capers recipe from the cookbook, with skinny noodles and heaps of veg. Result had enough calories left to have a solero ice lolly (94 calories), think that was slightly cheating but it was delicious and I was still within my 500.

There’s a new book out called the Fast Beach Diet or something like that – six weeks to get a bikini body!! If it’s out in America maybe you could get hold of a copy for some new inspiration.

Hi Franfit and Jip – melons are still awesome even if you have slightly gone over the top 🙂

Morning all and what a lovely morning it is as well. I am fasting today and again on Thursday. Kilda – I know exactly where you are coming from – I have also plateaued a bit and my resolve has virtually disappeared. However I have a wedding coming up so am determined to get going again. I also need to start going to the gym again but I am away so much for work it is hard (any excuse hey?).

Anyway I haven’t weighed myself for ages as am too much of a coward so will weigh myself on Friday and see where I am at.

Anyone else fasting today?

Hey Jenki! I was meant to fast today but I am now going out for chinese tonight, guilty as charged! it is such a gorgoeus day then my fiance wants to meet up after work spend some time in the park and then have some food so i couldnt resist! However I will be fasting tomorrow for sure and on thursday. I went for an hour walk yesterday and will be exercsing again tomorrow evening so trying to get back into the swing of things.

Hope you fast goes well today 🙂

Morning ladies hope you all had a fab weekend wasn’t the weather just fantastic. I am also fasting today and Wednesday. Have also been a bit slack too recently so back on it today.

LD are you back? Did you have a great holiday?

Angie if you are reading posts I hope you are doing ok xxx

Speak later 🙂

Yes Angie hope you are doing well.

JFitzy goodluck with your fasting today!

When I went to tenerife two weeks ago, my friends I went with thought I had lost some weight so that made me feel pretty good at least I know I am doing something right 🙂

have a good day all X

I’m fasting as well today. Jenki, maybe we can motivate each other to get back on track this week.

Sounds good to me Kilda. So far so good – just coffee and water, saving all my calories for tonight’s meal. Plus just found out the hotel I am staying in for work has a gym so no excuse not to do some exercise too!

Toying with trying a 4:3 this week – as think that the upcoming bank holiday might be quite brutal. Also think it might kickstart me again as well….so that would be Mon, Weds and Fri….

I’m thinking of 4:3 as well, to kickstart things. Let’s do it!

That sounds great – your on! So nearly the end of Monday – back to it on Wednesday and Friday – sounds good!! 😉

Evening everyone,

been fasting today too – slight slip at the end two choc digestives sneaked in! Not going to beat myself up – was under for the day, so figure I’m still within 600 calories for the delay which isn’t too horrific.

Will fast again Thursday I think.

Am plodding along lost another pound and a half last week. A lot of people are beginning to notice – saw a good friend I hadn’t seen for a while and she said I looked completely different! 🙂

Has anyone taken a look at the Beach diet – is it any different or just a variation on the theme.

Good luck to anyone fasting tomorrow.

x

Good l

Morning ladies,

thank you for thinking of me, you are all so kind… yes I have been lurking around as I still want to know how is everyone doing, really well I see, well done you!!
    I am not fasting myself lately, just doing mainly 16.8 every other day, I don’t think I want to loose more weight just maintain for now..

Things are moving slowly in France, with all the legal stuff, house sale etc… so I know I will have to go back soon, and I miss my dad so much, I think of how we used to talk every week and when Thursday evenings come I feel so lost… I would give anything just to have another day, another chat…. I hope he can see how much he is missed, the pain never goes away but we are learning to live with it…

have a lovely day all of you, have a good fast if you are doing one today and take care
    love

Angie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Afternoon ladies hope you are all having a good day.

Angie it is good to hear from you! It is a very hard time for you and hopefully once the house has been sold etc it will be less stressful as it is horrible having to deal with those sort of things. Anyway I am thinking of you xxxx

Have a good day one and all and happy fasting 🙂

Hello all – it’s been very quiet on the thread recently – time to get it back to life?!

How is everyone doing? Apologies for the lack of activity on my part, I’ve been away and come back to a really busy week at work so not had the chance to get in touch with you all. Had a fab time and even managed to run on alternate days of my trip, so fit in a good number of work outs, but I didn’t really discipline myself with food – I ate everything I wanted which was great but it means getting back to fasting is now a scary concept. I did two “half fasts” this week, where I limited my intake to under 1000 but a combination of work commitments and other circumstantial events meant that I couldn’t commit properly to two fast days. I’ll pick it back up next week with plans to fast Tues & Thurs.

Hope everyone has a lovely long bank holiday weekend.

Angie, sending lots of love – you’ve been in my thoughts recently and hope you are doing well. xxxx

Hi everyone,

I agree with you Little Dragon, we’ve all been much too quiet and it sounds as though we’re all have a bit of a struggle at the mo. Your holiday sounds fabulous. Looking forward to mine in August, wonder if I will have made the magic 9 something by then?!!

Had a small set back this week, gained a pound, not sure why, so I decided to do my measurements to keep me spurred on: since 6th Jan my body fat has decreased by almost 14%, my hips are 2.5 inches smaller, have lost 4″ off of my waist, 2.5 inches off of my chest and around 1.5 inches of off each thigh. Have gone down at least 1 dress size, probably two. It cheered me up no end – it really does work – so we all need to preserver.

Big hugs to you Angie xxx

Hi LittleDragon and welcome back!

thank you for the hugs to you both, its been very hard, am up and down like a yoyo and at times all I want to do is cry till I cant cry no more…
    working today but I don’t feel much up to it…but it is good to see and talk to people though..
    my sister is at my dad’s house again this weekend, its going to take many more trips to clear everything, hopefully I will be going soon…
    LD it sounds like you had a real fab time, that’s lovely, I love NY…

hope you al have a great weekend, take care and I hope we don’t get too much rain
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good to hear from Angie can’t imagine how tough it must be for you. Don’t suppose you’re working on Thursday, I may be popping up town for a mooch about, might come say hi.

Be proud of me everyone have completed a 3 mile jog and gone on a strenuous 2 mile walk with the kids!!

Hoping to fast Tuesday and Thursday this week but it’s half term so it will be a struggle.

x

Morning everyone,

hope you are all well, Hilly thank you for thinking of me, I don’t work Thursdays sorry 🙁 Fridays and weekends, hopefully you can pop in another time? would be lovely to meet up!!

working today, its raining and miserable.. can’t wait for 6pm now..

have a good day all and happy fasting if you are brave enough to do it!!!

take care xxxxxxxxxxxx
    ps sorry Hilly forgot to say big well done on your jog and walk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning all. Angie good to have you back. LD I am very impressed that you managed to get in some runs on your holiday!

I am off to Spain next Thursday so will have my last weigh in then and see what my result is. I haven’t really lost anything for quite a few weeks but the good news is I haven’t put anything on either so that is a result 🙂 Fasting today and on Thursday who else is fasting today?

Hope everyone is well and have a good day xxxxx

Morning all – good to see a bit more activity on here recently. Angie it’s great to hear from you – look after yourself and do let us know how you are getting on.

JF – well done on maintaining – you must be really excited for your holiday next week. Looking outside at the weather, I wish I could say I was also going to Spain next week.

I haven’t weighed myself since before I went on holiday. I think I am in denial…anyway today is my first proper fast since 1st May. Wish me luck!! Argh! I did two mini fasts last week, but I need to commit to it again properly as I have a wedding to attend at the beginning of July. I’ve started feeling a bit chubby again recently because of my lack of motivation, but I’m planning on picking it back up again after a short break.

Fasting today and Thursday of this week. Good luck to us all! xxx

I know LD I was in France for the long weekend and the weather was quite nice. I am really looking forward to going to Spain now that it is raining again (ha ha)

Good luck with your fast today and Thursday. I am having 2 small oranges today at work and some chicken tonight! 🙂

Oh, a lovely way to spend your bank holiday weekend. I was in Devon for a bit of it where it was nothing but grey and raining. Whereabouts are you going in Spain?

Thanks for the good wishes! I am having a flatbread chicken salad for lunch today and a shakshuka for dinner (my favourite fast day dinner – a recent discovery and I love it! check it out http://thepaddingtonfoodie.com/2013/05/10/the-5-2-challenge-some-like-it-hot-shakshuka-moroccan-eggs-in-a-spicy-tomato-sauce/)

We are off to Marbella I really like it there as the beaches are lovely and the weather is usually good. Thanks for the recipe I will give it a go and also I tried the M&S 147 calorie tuna sushi and it was lovely I might have that again this week.

BTW how was the apartment in NY was it what you expected? I know you found it through AirB&B so curious to know what it was like. Also did you do loads of shopping – the clothes are so cheap! 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.