LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,646 total)

• Hi everyone,

half term week, so naturally it’s raining!!

JFitzy Marbella sounds divine.

Am fasting today, is going ok but I feel very rough today, headache and a bit nauseous!! Hope it passes!

Shame about Thursday Angie.

x

Wow lucky you, I’ve never been but I’ve heard great things about it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the M&S tuna rolls, they’re great aren’t they! I was going to get them for lunch today but fancied the chicken flatbread salad as well.

The apartment was good – it was so cheap in comparison to getting a hotel but we had our own bathroom, lots of storage space, double bed and it was nicely away from the hustle of Manhattan, which was good because it would have been tiring (and extortionate) to stay in the centre. Did SO much shopping, our luggage was overweight on the way back – bought lots of jeans (when trying them on I realised that I can now comfortably wear a 26 inch waist which is pretty crazy!) and I bought dresses and shoes as well.

xx

Hilly66 – get well soon, if you’re not feeling up to it then maybe give yourself a break, don’t worry too much! xx

Woo Hoo LD that is great well done you! 🙂

Yes Hilly66 hope you feel better soon x

Afternoon all

JF how is your fast going? I’ve strangely not even felt hungry all day. Had a bit of a tummy rumble around 12pm but looks like I’m on track to be able to save my calories for the evening which is great.

x

Hilly – did you decide to fast in the end? I hope you are feeling a lot better. x x

Hi LD it is going fine thanks. I have had a diet coke and a couple of small mandarin oranges. I am going to have chicken tonight or I might have some of the sushi and a salad but probably the chicken.

Off home now – have a good evening and speak tomorrow 🙂 x

Evening everyone,

headache finally passed, but it loitered a long time! Has been a long fast day, my tummy has grumbled and I had to resist cookies and doughnuts left over from visitors!!

Sounds like you’re doing well today.

Little Dragon 26″ that’s tiny – fabulous you. Did you every reach the illusive 9 or are you back on a mission to get there.

X

but

Hw

Hi guys! Quite an inspiring little cluster here – have u room at the inn for an Irish novice who has just completed day 1 of fast? It’s all a bit new to me, but I have read the book and want to shift about 1 stone. Had my 600 calories in one meal today and had what seems like gallons of water. Hunger was manageable, headaches were a nuisance and lasted most of the day. And my breath appeared a little unpleasant – is this an expected outcome? I’m toying with my second fast tomorrow as I have events planned for most of the week ahead – is this sensible?

Hello Donagh,

aha I wondered if your name was Irish or whether it was a variation of Donna, now I know how to say it properly 🙂

Headaches can be quite common, when I first started I suffered terribly for me it was caffeine withdrawal; since I’m too much of a wuss to give up drinking tea, I now have a cup of tea with a splash of skimmed milk (15 calories), in the morning of a fast day and that seems to do the trick (though not yesterday alas but I think that may have been the after effects of too much of the wrong food on Monday, find it makes me feel if I over indulge now!!).

Alternatively it could just be dehydration but doesn’t sound like it since you drank gallons of water 🙂

Where’s everyone else today?

x

Morning everyone and welcome Donagh,

Haven’t logged in for ages and quite a bit to catch up on. LD glad you had a good holiday. Angie, hope you are ok, thinking of you. Kilda – did you manage to do 4:3 last week, I am ashamed to say that I failed miserably. Still back to fasting today and got to get back into gear as have a wedding coming up, I have a lovely dress that I haven’t been able to fit into for years so that is my new mini goal!

Hope everyone has a good day – is anyone else fasting today?

Afternoon all,

welcome to Donagh and well done for getting through the first fast day. I found the first fast the hardest, it gets easier, I promise. Make sure you’re drinking enough water throughout the day, and that should keep headaches at bay.

Jenki2 good to see you again, glad to see you are doing well. I hadn’t intended to fast today, but I had a fairly low cal lunch, I think it can’t have been more than about 300, haven’t had any breakfast today, and I don’t think I will be eating dinner so I might turn today into a fast day – we will see.

Otherwise, I will be fasting tomorrow.

How is everyone?

hi all! Nice to see the conversation starting up again. Jenki, I did manage 4:3 last week, and was rewarded with a 2 lb weight loss. But I’m definitely just in for 5:2 this week and I had 2 days of overindulgence due to family occasions, so I’ll probably put some of that back. My weight loss has slowed down for sure over the past 6 weeks or so and I’m trying to learn to be patient. I’m not very good at it!

welcome Donagh! The headaches usually get better, especially if you drink lots of water. The bad breath does tend to happen. It’s a sign that your body is burning its fat reserves, so I try to think of it as a good thing. I also try not to breathe near anyone on fast days. ; )

Kilda – am so impressed – well done!! Almost at the end of the working day and its been fine so far, nothing to eat just lots of black coffee and water. I was going to fast again on Friday but have just had a working lunch put in so thats now out of the window. Thinking of trying to do another one tomorrow so a back to back. I don’t really like doing that but need to cover off 2 days this week!

Was also going to ask if anyone has those scales that also measure your body fat and if so which ones would you recommend?

Hope everyone had a great day and really looking forward to my tuna salad tonight! Have a good evening everyone.

Hi Kilda, don’t be too discouraged. I was stuck on a plateau for 5 months, but afterwards began to lose slowly but surely. I suspect I may be on another one, but this time I’m somewhat closer to target weight. I cut the carbs by not eating bread at midday on both fast and non-fast days which has helped a lot. I make a wrap with the lean protein and salad sarnie filling, all wrapped up in a big lettuce leaf.

Hi Donagh, the ‘dog-breath’ is natural, maybe a wiser person than me can describe the science behind it. You could possibly invest in a mouthwash or some zero-calorie gum.

Hi Little Dragon, it sounds as though NYC was great. I’m green with envy, of course. Excellent news that it was your luggage and not you that was a few pounds over.

Morning everyone,

So second day of fasting today – anyone else with me? Am also determined to go to the gym on my way home as have been too slack with exercise recently. Finally got round to weighing myself this morning, haven’t lost any more weight but kept the same and considering the amount that I have been eating and drinking recently that is a huge relief!

Now getting back into the groove…..happy fasting to those that are!

Morning all

Jenki I’m also fasting today. I’ve got a noodle soup at 190 calories for lunch, and a tuna steak with a stuffed portobello mushroom and some veggies, which I think comes to around 230 so a few extra to play with. I am so impressed you are able to go to the gym on a fast day – I haven’t tried yet.

I have all good intentions to go for a run tomorrow morning before work, eek!

Ha! Well have good intentions lets see if it actually happens! I haven’t done it for a while but used to find it much easier than on a normal day bizarrely! Still am doing a back to back so not entirely convinced that it will work but will see how I feel later.

Hope your day goes well – at least work is busy to keep my mind busy ….

I haven’t weighed myself in almost a month! I’m worried about the damage I might have done on holiday… eek!

Morning ladies hope you are all well. I am also fasting today Jenki & LD. Have some
    M&S sushi for lunch and I will decide on dinner later.

I am joining a new gym tomorrow as it has a pool and I have decided that I am not running anymore as it is too hard on my bad knee. They also offer Pilates and Yoga classes so I am going to do those as well.

Cannot wait for my holiday only one more week to go and hopefully a good weigh in the day I lease. Like you Jenki I think up to this week I hadn’t really lost anymore maybe a pound or so but I am really please that I have been maintaining which is good news for when I eventually do maintain after I reach my goal (if ever 🙂 !!!).

Have a great day and happy fasting xxxx

Ha ha just saw my terrible typos – my English isn’t that bad – honest!!!!

Helloooooooooooooo,

I’m fasting today too, so far have only had a cup of tea and a glass of water, going to look in the cook book to find something scrummylicious to make tonight.

My kids have gone off with their Dad today, so the house is horribly quiet!! Also got my ex on my mind a lot too, as he has gone off to Paris, last time he went I was with him too and it was the most wonderful time – can’t help thinking about it!! So guess I’m feeling a bit lonely today 🙁

How’s everyone else’s fast going? I’m really cold at the mo, may have to have a herbal tea to warm myself up!!

x

Ah sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down Hilly66 it is hard when you hear your ex is doing things you used to do together (((( )))) xxx

Awww thanks JFitzy don’t think I’m over the chap but with my two and his difficulties it was too much for me 🙁

Might go treat myself to something non foody later to cheer myself up 🙂

Afternoon everyone,

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down Hilly – think you should definitely treat yourself to something nice and maybe run around the house shouting a bit to make it more noisy again?

Like you I am freezing as well at the moment, am drinking enough black coffee to sink a battleship and siting in many layers but having trouble feeling my toes and fingers! Ohh well…

JFitzy – where are you going for your holiday? Am sure you have already said but I have been absent for a while so it seems to have passed me by….like you said at least we are maintaining and not going backwards!

LD – it has taken me months to pluck up the courage to weigh myself since my holiday (came back the end of March!). Why don’t you give yourself a couple of weeks of fasting and then see how it goes?!

I am counting down the hours to my supper tonight – don’t normally feel hungry during the day but today is a struggle. Daydreaming about food tomorrow which is not helpful and not very productive! Have a good afternoon everyone.

Hi Jenki we are off to Marbella cannot wait it is currently 27 degrees there!! I love the sun and it has been so cold here this week that all I can think about is sitting in the sun with my chilled white wine and a good book! I am also going to do stand up paddle boarding which is great fun as well as being a good workout 🙂

I haven’t eaten anything yet as I won’t be eating until later tonight so will have my lunch around 2.30 if I can wait that long!!

Good look with your fast 🙂

Hi everyone!!
    I havent been on here for a long time so lots to catch up on!!

Angie hope you are well, thinking of you XX

Hilly sorry to hear your a feeling a bit down, hope you feel better soon. put on some music and dance around that always helps me to feel better about things 🙂

LD glad you had a fab trip to NY!

JFitzy Marbella is awesome,I went two years ago, its so beautiful. Really jealous!

I am off to Barcelona in 6 weeks,cant wait!! its my hen do so really excited about it.

I am also fasting today, have a salmon salad for lunch and tonight will have some mince curry with lots of salad.

goodluck to all who are also fasting today

XX

Afternoon everyone

Shelly thank you for thinking of me, am still lurking around the forum 🙂 great to see you are all doing well and fasting is going good! its been a really gorgeous day today, been out with my dogs, I haven’t fasted for over a month now, just being careful but that’s about it, I will get back to it but not for now….
    still doing the odd 16.8 day still.. well done to all the fasters out there, keep going!

have a lovely afternoon all, take care xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone,

still fasting here!! Well done my fellow fasters!!

I’m cooking Hot Paprika Goulash from the Cookbook, it smells divine but is making my tummy rumble. Going for a jog by the time I get back it should be ready (it will have been cooking for 2.5. hours by then.

Angie sure you have enough on your plate without worrying about food too much – ha ha I’m coming to London now but am taking my Aunt and Uncle on the London Eye, so another time x PS not much sun in your neighbouring county of Surrey!!! Send some over 🙂

I’m still cold Jenki but my jog should hopefully do the trick.

Jfitzy i did eat some cherries, strawberries and a slice of ham about an hour ago, as thought I might crack before my dinner was cooked. Marbella sounds fab bet you will feel amazing after all of your hard work. x

Good to hear from you Shelly – hen weekend in Barcelona sounds wonderful – you’ll have a ball. Doesn’t sound like you have much to lose but remember it makes us all healthier too. xx

Hey Hilly,

Hot paprika goulash sounds really nice! Hope it tasted as good as it sounds 🙂

Yes I cant wait for Barcelona, am slightly anxious as I dont know what’s in store for me, my bridesmaids are organinsing it, I am sure i can trust them though 😉
    Have a good day everyone XX

Angie hope you also have a good day and dont worry about fasting as seems like you are doing really well with it anyway plus you are going through alot right now xx

Hilly how are your runs going? I am so impressed with people who manage to exercise on fast days. That’s the last thing I want to do!

Angie it’s great to hear from you every now and again, please keep us update on how you are.

Jenki I think I might wait til next week and get back on the scales. Good plan and thanks for your tip!

Shelly Barcelona sounds fab, I love that city, delicious food and lots to see and do. Be careful of you belongings though – pickpocketing is far too common

JF I bet you’re so excited for Marbella now, you’ve worked so hard and you deserve a fab time. Looking at my pictures from New York, it was so nice to see myself and not think ‘Goodness I look so FAT’ – I don’t think I have looked at one picture and thought that! A great feeling.

Yesterday I had a noodle soup for lunch at 190 calories, then I had all good intentions of making a tuna steak for dinner with a stuffed mushroom and veggies which would have been about 330 cal, but I worked late and there were snacks in the office, and I cracked and had a handful of crisps 🙁 BUT I didn’t eat when I got home, I had a cup of miso soup (40 cal) and hopefully that means I stayed under the 500 limit.

Since I’ve I have been fasting I have found less need for breakfast – I wondered what everyone’s thoughts are on skipping breakfast – we are always told it’s the most important meal of the day… thoughts?

Thanks LD, I have been to barcelona before, its sooo beautiful, but this time there will be lots of raving and drinking involved cant wait LOL!!

good luck to all who are fasting today! my next fast day will be on Monday

XX

I always have to have breakfast I am afraid as I wake up hungry so on a fast day theres no way il last the day if i am already hungry in the morning. But once I have had some tea and small portion of oatmeal or cornflakes I am fine.

Everyone is different I guess, I know some people who never eat breakfast as they dont get hungry until around lunch time.

hi all! Shelly, I’m one of those who doesn’t feel hungry in the morning, I never have. When I was little it drove my mother crazy trying to get me to eat breakfast. I want caffeine in the am, but not food.

I’m so impressed with all of you who are going to the gym and walking and running. I seem to have misplaced my interest in exercise completely, sometime around March.

Angie, I hope you are well, it’s always good to hear from you. 🙂

Hi LD, I wish I could resist the scales, i weigh almost everyday. I fasted Wednesday and intended doing a back to back yesterday up to 5pm I had only had 200 calories but I had to step in for someone to play bowls and then there was the meal after, it was only salad with luncheon meat but the it was the ice cream that did the damage. LOL. So I am now fasting today, going good so far 15.30pm and I am playing bowls again tonight but no food so I should be OK. I intend to do B2B Sun and Monday. Hope you all have a nice weekend weather in South Wales is smashing at the moment hope it stays like this.
    Happy fasting or not as the case may be. JIP

Hi hilli, drink pints of hot water, it does the trick for me. When we do a fast our body temp drops. Hope you did well. JIP

Morning all, hope you had a good weekend so nice to see some sun finally! Am fasting again today – anyone else with me?

Have a good day everyone and happy fasting.

Hi everyone

hope you are all ok, i’ll join Jenki in wishing a good fast day to all of you doing it today, I am doing a 16.8, well so far so good but I may give it up before 12 grrr!!

not that sunny here but its mild, enjoy the sun if you can and have good day
    take care

Angie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all hope you had a good weekend. Nice to see you back Angie hope you are doing ok. I am now on the countdown to my holiday – only 3 more sleeps and we are off. I cannot wait to get some sun really looking forward to it.

Fasting today and Wednesday and hoping to do a couple of fasts when I am away but it may be tough!!

Good luck to all of you who are fasting today 🙂 x

Afternoon all

Angie it’s really nice to hear from you, love to see you pop up every now and again, hope things are going well and everything is easier to deal with after a bit of time.

Jenki I’m also fasting today – willing for the day to go faster as I just want to get home, have my evening meal and go to sleep! Feeling very drained today.

JF you must be beyond excited for your holiday, I am really envious. I didn’t fast at all during my holiday and it was really good to take a break from it for a bit – I wouldn’t worry too much, just enjoy your break and all the yummy Spanish food.

Little victory this week – a friend who I haven’t seen much recently saw some pictures of me and told me I’d lost “so much weight”. She might have just be trying to butter me up but it was certainly nice to hear!

Well done LD it is always nice when somebody notices you have lost weight. Have you weighed yourself since you came back from holiday!

Hi everyone!

Kilda you are exactly like my fiance, he never eats in the morning, always skips breakfast.

Angie hope you are doing well, its nice to hear from you.

I was going to fast today, but was so hungry at lunch time I caved and had a chicken wrap from tesco. I am also going to a dance class tonight so dont think I can exercise on a fast day as of yet. I will be fasting tomorrow and Thursday this week.

Goodluck to all fasting today. Have a good day, take care

SXX

Evening everyone,

back at work today so not much opportunity to come on here today 🙁

I fasted today too, made it through. Am fasting again on Wednesday.

Like a few of us I seem to be a bit stuck at the mo, put on a pound and have now stayed the same! Going to carry on as I am for June, if things haven’t got moving by then will buy the bikini book, whatever it’s called!!! From the write ups its the same you just have to pay more attention on the non fast days!! I hope it won’t come to that as that will seem to much like a diet!!

Hope the rest of you have made it through your fast days well.

Go you Little Dragon – isn’t it fabulous when people notice – though more fabulous when you start to feel better in yourself 🙂

Night all

x

PS Glad to hear you’re soldiering on Angie, you know we’re all thinking of you.

xxx

Afternoon all. Hope your fasts are going well to whoever is fasting today. Ill be fasting again tomorrow!

Feeling sleepy this afternoon as haven’t really been sleeping well at night. Got lots on my mind at the moment.

I found some pictures of me back in Jan taken the week before I began the fast diet – and can really tell the effects it has had. I am so glad I chose to change my eating habits a few months ago, and it’s times like this that make all the hunger pangs worth it!!

Evening everyone

Hope you all had a good day, LD sorry to hear about your worries, thank you Hilly and to everyone with your kind words, means a lot… i hope its nothing too serious, and it all gets better soon for you!
    I always check in to see how you are all doing, i really think i should try a fast soon otherwise i’ll never get back to it grrrr….
    Take care all and have a good evening, and well done to all the fasters, you are great!!

Xxxxxxxx

Hi LD,

I’ve only just spotted your post about whether or not breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If it is, tough! For the past 20 years or so I’ve not been able to handle breakfast. Attempts to do so, for example on holiday, have always ended in disaster, with me feeling so ill that I’ve had to go back to bed for the rest of the day.

One of the reasons it’s regarded as important is that there are those who believe that, if we skip breakfast, by mid-morning we’ll be so faint for lack of nourishment we’ll be stuffing our faces with doughnuts! I can’t say that’s ever happened to me – fortunately!

For reasons I don’t quite understand, earlier this year I found that the ‘can’t face breakfast’ syndrome has extended to lunch too. Carbs left me feeling bloated and queasy, so sandwiches, ciabatta rolls etc had to go. Instead, I now have the lean protein and salad filling, without the sarnie. Result, I came off the 5-month plateau and am continuing to lose slowly but surely. It also means more calories are available for the evening when I really AM hungry.

I think the 5:2 book recommends you decide for yourself on your eating pattern and if that means skipping breakfast, fine.

Hi Angie, it’s good to see you lurking around the edges of the forum. I echo LD’s words yesterday, when she said she hoped things are going well and everything is easier to deal with after a bit of time. Don’t worry about fasting for the time being. Wait until you’re good and ready. I bet one morning you’ll wake up thinking, right, today’s the day, and you’ll happily climb right back on the wagon, to a big round of applause from the rest of us. 🙂

Hi Herma and thank you for your kind words, made me smile 🙂

have a good day everyone!! xxxxxxxx

Hi All,

Hope that all those who are fasting are having a good day. I will be fasting again tomorrow as supposed to be going out for a glass of wine tonight.

Herma, was really interested to read your breakfast post as like you I have never been able to face breakfast. I get told so many times that it is the most important meal of the day blah blah blah but it makes me feel ill to eat so I skip it every day as well. I genuinely don’t get hungry until lunchtime a fact that most people don’t want to believe!

Have a good day and maybe the sun will come out later *hopeful but resigned face*

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.