Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

This topic contains 406 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 407 total)

• Wow well done everybody – fantastic week 1!!!!

Sorry for the late post! Only 200g loss but really pleased as it was birthday week last week for 3 family members and Fathers Day. Too many dinners out! Back in focus this week ready for 2 nd fast day tomorrow.

Congrats JFitzy and everyone else. I am fasting today – trying a b2b today and tomorrow. All this positivity has silenced that little voice that started immediately this am saying things like – ” you can never manage a b2b. Tomorrow would be much better. Won’t you have to celebrate that family event….”
    She’s gone quiet!! THanks
    Irish Trier

UPgirl, eating less on non fast days is not the way to lose. That only lowers your BMR. Cut the carbs and sweets.

http://www.intensivedietarymanagement.com

Thanks for the info More Protein then.. OK, i Eat a lot of fruit so maybe I need to address that!

I was very proud of myself last night. My hubby had a small amount of my favourite ice-cream, HD chocolate salted caramel (yum) but I resisted and had some frozen yogurt instead!! He is also doing 5:2 (hence the small portion) as he has 26lbs to lose. Anyway he informed me this morning that he has lost 6lbs so far which is great news. He wants to be at goal for Christmas.

I’m rather encouraged. I overindulged over Labor Day weekend–street festival, tailgating at a ball game, etc. Yesterday was fast day and I was able to lose it all and break past a number I haven’t seen this year!!! This is great for me as my metabolism has slowed and I’m on a beta blocker for migraines. I think one thing that has helped is that I’ve been stepping up on exercise all along and it’s finally clicking together.

Congrats to everyone for the hard work. Making smart choices, silencing the negative self talk …. We can do it!!!

Hi, all

Great to read all the uplifting posts! Great group! And a special shout out to those who have posted here even when they are mad at themselves for not sticking to the program. That takes courage and bodes well for continued loss.

I have been uplifting myself, like some of the others here (Hi, Chipmunk!), and have reached Day 9 of the plank challenge, so I’m going to have to do 60 secs at some point today. Like the rest of you, I can’t imagine 5 mins but I’ll keep going till I drop.

I’m also happy to donate 2 lbs to Miss Belly Rolls since Sept. 1.

I’ve never watched much rugby but my father (who I never knew; he died before I was 2) was from Abertillery so maybe I should get behind the Welsh team in his honour. Although like most, the ABs have my heart (and my respect). Here in Toronto we are in baseball heaven at the moment. These things never last, so I am enjoying the moment.

Onwards, all!

Lots of good info here…they just redid the site and added a lot of videos and info on fasting and low carb stuff…

http://www.dietdoctor.com/member/interviews/fung

Well done everyone! I love reading this thread – especially on fast days when I feel I need a bit of motivation and distraction!!
    I have to say that I am amazed at – in just under 2 weeks – just how much my attitude towards food and amounts has changed. I went out for dinner and wine with a friend last night and ordered something very sensible (still very tasty) but couldn’t manage a lot of it. In fact I found that I enjoyed what I ate and didn’t want anymore. Even better – we went to San Churro for pudding and I (who usually can gorge on chocolate until the cows come home) could only manage 1/4 cup of hot chocolate and 1/2 a churro. It’s just insane!! I honestly thought, in the beginning, that I would just binge on a NFD but I simply don’t! I can completely see why people love this WOL!
    Keep posting everyone – it’s really encouraging. xx

carolinacatz: Do you want to log a number for my spread sheet to add to our poor little Miss Belly Rolls, you say you have broken through a number not previously achieved, that’s always something to celebrate

MARYW I listed your 2lbs as week two weight reduction seeing it’s mid way through this week

BOGLETT Well done you with the Churro’s, I have sampled them a couple of times, we don’t get them too many places here in NZ, just as well because I can see how they could become addictive, especially with that horrible chocolate sauce ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep all the stories coming everyone, we all enjoy the encouragement from them

BOGLETT – I just read your profile and you say you are hitting the gym 9 – 10 hours a week but it’s not impacting your weight – I have just read Fast Exercise and you might want to do the same – it explains why lots of time in the gym may be wasted if what you re looking for is fitness and weight reduction!

Unfortunately it doesn’t explain why I still haven’t started the fast exercise programme!!

Though I am planking every day, God save me. I am freaking out at the idea of going from 60 seconds to 90 seconds this weekend.

Ooops

Well, in a MS Marple-ish descent into greed I have started today’s fast with THREE crumpets with marmalade and so much butter it runs down my chin.

The only solution is to move the fast to tomorrow and then nip out and solve a crime this afternoon.

Anyone know of any dead vicars?

Mx

No dead vicars Miss M, but like you I had a day off the fasting rails. I’m drawing a line under it and focusing on doing a good day at the weekend.
    Buck up!

Hi. Realised if I am on the list, did not post weight results this week, oops.

What day would you like my weight?

Well done on all the losses.

Hi Fitnfast. I checked out the diet doctor website you recommended. Great site and advice. This runs along side the Banting way of eating (the real meal revolution). I now try to eat this way and since cutting carbs my weight has reduced much quicker. I still indulge in the odd gluten free cake, and I still eat root vegetables as we have an excellent source of organic veg nearby. I make lots of veg soups. I will now be eating this way for the rest of my life methinks! It doesn’t demonise the full fat foods, and as I love cream,butter and cheese etc, it’s right up my street. I find I don’t get hungry when I eat fats, so I don’t look for snacks at all. Occasionally a piece of fruit. Having said that, I don’t go mad, and still log the calories on myfitnesspal daily. I have now reached my initial target, and have reset it to 9 stone. I’m also now in size 12’s, down from size 18 originally.

Fast day today – no breakfast or lunch. Bone broth mid afternoon. Dinner was smoked haddock with poached egg and lots of leafy kale and green beans, followed by mixed berries and full fat Greek yoghurt. Comes in at just over 400 cals. Won’t have anything else tonight. Have rediscovered sparkling water today, made a nice change and fills a gap too.

Will post my results tomorrow and after a few lunches out, hope I’ve managed to unload the gain! Great work everyone – third of the way through the month – mustn’t let ‘ol pussy cat down!!!

TTL — you are so inspiring! Thank you.

BTW, I make herbal tea very strong (I put a teabag in 1/2 cup of boiling water and let it sit), then when it’s cool I pour half of that into a glass and fill it up with sparkling water. Very tasty. We have a Soda Stream and for a while we were making the actual soda out of cold herbal tea, but we worried that the tea was affecting the mechanism and it seemed to bubble up too much, so I worked out this new system. Cold herbal tea is good on its own, too.

I am totally aggravated with my own measuring abilities. I did all the measurements requested my first week here, in April, and then I did them again yesterday, and they are all the same!! No change!! I have lost 25 lbs and I can see a huge difference in my body shape and so can everyone else. I have no idea what the problem is, but I have taken all those measurements several times over the course of this summer, and nothing ever changes. It’s just plain weird.

Nice work everyone!

I have the fasting chills today. I cannot get warm! I can’t wait to get home from work and bundle up with some hot tea.

I will post my overall weight loss tomorrow. I fasted M, was a bit indulgent Tues. & Wed. (but worked out both days) and today’s a fast day. I do feel better in my clothes which is a big plus for me. Now, I’m looking forward to getting closer to my all time low weight over the next few weeks. However, I know the real tricky part will be setting a goal weight and maintaining it.

I love sparkling water, but I’m too cold for it today. I will need to pick up some broth on my way home from work…

Have a good one,
    Em

Hi everyone, this week has gone well so far. I am getting back into working out and walking the dog. Fasting went well this week. What day should I be weighing in to make it easier for you Mike. I did Friday last week. What works.

Morning all, it’s Friday morning once again “down under” here in NZ. I have just caught up with all the posts over the past 24 hours, good results and news being reported.

A major warning needs to be issued to residents in Great Britain, the mighty AB’s flew out last evening (NZ time) so will be getting close to Heathrow pretty soon so the Press will have something else to talk about soon other than Liz’s 23,000 days on the throne (bet her bum is sore from that!!!) ๐Ÿ™‚

MsMARPLE: I’ve never tried Crumpets and marmalade on a fast day, what chapter in the book is that ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyway, that’s the beauty of this WOL where one can adjust the fast day and still enjoy a little indulgence, thanks for sharing but please don’t make Crumpets too much of a habit.

SERENITY: We are into week two of this month’s weight reporting so just let me know a number from when you strated the month and I’ll record it as a 2 week figure, doesn’t really matter what day of the week you use, it’ll still be a week two number and will contribute to our total.

TTL & FIT: Agree, that Diet Doctor site was quite enlightening plus it looked pretty genuine and authentic with quality contributions. The LCHF combinations of food certainly seems to contribute to results, I have almost totally cut out bread, spuds, pastas, as as many grain products as possible from my diet these last 3 months and don’t really miss them any more plus I have quickly found out that anything in a “package” has hidden carbs, sugars and bad stuff. I hate reading “labels” so fresh is best now. And just for you TTL….. Meow…. and yes everyone is waiting in great anticipation ๐Ÿ™‚

MARY W: 25lbs should certainly represent overall inches reduction, I found the only way to get a perfect measurement is to have someone do it for you, my last result end of August was a total of 24cms (9.5 inches) from neck, chest, tummy and hips from the 8kgs (17lbs) weight reduction so yours should be all of that plus more. Maybe your benchmark measurements were wrong, anyway get someone to do them for you, I’m sure you’ll see results.

RUNNINGNORTH: Doesn’t matter what day you advise, or if you miss a week, as long as the result is based on your last advice, some people wait until Mondays for their previous 7 days, I’ll record what you report.

First weeks result was 33.6lbs loaded up onto Ms Belly Rolls from 22 people so that’s >1.5lbs per person average, well done everyone who contributed.

Keep up the great work and have an enjoyable weekend, stay strong and eat healthy and I look forward to all the good results for week two arriving soon

Thought for the week, one from last month however it hasn’t changed:

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN OR YOU THINK YOU CAN’T, YOU ARE CORRECT.

Both positive and negative thoughts affect us in the same way, they influence our actions in the same way so it’s just a matter of selecting the right ones and acting accordingly, especially when it comes to food choices. Stay strong and best wishes, Mike

Emilyashen, i know what you mean about the fasting chills – yesterday I completely gave in to it and sabotaged my fast day big time. It was such a miserable wet, windy and cold day all I craved was comfort (ie high cal) food and I couldn’t (didn’t) push through it.

I am taking the lesson (and responsibility) and planning how to deal with it next time. Meantime, back on the fast day horse today and planking like a loony!!

Morning Everyone
    Sydney is heading for a scorcher this weekend – all the better for staying on the wagon me thinks – Sat and Sun are my non fast days but when it’s hot I’d rather reach for the fruit and a lot of water rather than cakes and biscuits! Although it is the chocolate festival this weekend so I may have to stay away from that part of the city ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks Chipmunk I’ll give it a read – although I must add that I did use one of those machines in the gym that measure body fat % etc and I had lost 6kg in fat but gained it in lean muscle which I suppose is a good thing (as that’s what burns fat while resting!). But there are probably some tweaks that can be made to increase my weight loss!
    Action Hero it’s great to hear that everyone is doing so well – and your inches lost is amazing- congrats!!
    I have a question for you all – are there any preferred calorie counting websites? Where I can I use the food packaging but I’m finding that when I google ‘how many calories in XXXXXX’ that I get a multitude of answers from lots of different sites!!
    Have a wonderful weekend All x x x

Hi Boglett, the website “My Fittness Pal” https://www.myfitnesspal.com has an excellent Food Database with both specific brand named foods and generic description foods, some entries have a green tick which means the nutricional facts have been verified as correct.

Even if you don’t use the daily food diary the data base is excellent and portions then can be modified to account for the size of portion consumed, e.g. if you have 5 baked chips or 55 baked chips the table will adjust to the portion size, calories, carbs, salt, etc. It works very well and is free too ๐Ÿ™‚

Dear Action Hero..

You must have missed chapter 27 1/2 …. Crumpets.. the new wonder food.!

Well, basically I finished the packet (6) all in one day.!
    It was quite odd really, my diet is and has been so overwhelmingly healthy for such a long time.. no cakes,no bread unless out, no biscuits etc.
    I don’t really like chocolate and sweets.. more of a pickle girl myself.

I had spent the weekend at the beach with my sister and her family and she had brought crumpets along for that yummy, warming, back from a windy, cold beach snack with a cup of tea.. but it was so hot we didn’t eat them.
    It was as if they were lodged in my subconscious.

When I did the shopping on Monday I bought them and a pot of marmalade but I didn’t really think about them.. as a snack or a pudding. Yesterday, they were all I could think of…. I had to have that taste in my mouth and, as soon as I finished one I wanted another. I don’t tend to binge eat, don’t finish whole packs of biscuits for example.

I think it was interesting because it was beyond food…. it was about memory, family and the end of summer. Yes, the desire for taste was there but it was to do with comfort, in a fundamental way, as if I could eat my way back to childhood.

i like this diet as i can safely say that I enjoyed every single one of those buttery crumpets, but I don’t feel awash with guilt and loathing. Really I feel just a little bit sad that you can’t go back, just for a day, can’t curl up, slightly sandy and shivery in the crook of your Mum’s arm, licking butter from your fingers and drifting off to the sound of adults chatting, warm and replete.

Maybe in a grown up kitchen, when your own children are gone and you feel the undertow of melancholy, that buttery taste and the tang of good marmalade is the closest you can get.

Crumpets…. because they’re worth it!
    Anyone else feel the same?

Mx

Morning from the UK.

I’ve lost 2lb in 2 weeks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Today (Friday) I weigh 10st 3/4lb this morning.

I started on 10st 2 3/4lb ( though may have said 10st 3lb) two weeks ago.

Have a good fast day.

MsMarple…. love crumpets!

Kingsmill are my favourite at the moment with syrup. ๐Ÿ™‚

Well done MsMarple, you obviously enjoyed them so all kindness to you.

I think I know how you feel actually, I have just finished Friday evening dinner and I had a beautiful curried fish pie (wifes own home made speciality) with oven baked fries and a slice of bread from which I made a chip buttie (my wife is from Manchester and she introduced me to chip bitties many years ago) It was the most delicious meal I’ve had all week, sort of a little celebration for me because this morning I cracked through the 85kg barrier which has been a bit of a stumble for me over the past couple of weeks, gives me another 0.75lbs so far this week. Onwards and downwards from here on. Looking forward to a good 7km walk around the golf course tomorrow so should walk off the carbs from today

Well done Serenity for your 2lbs contribution, 2 more to go to your monthly goal, keep it up….

Crumpets – yum!! And I have 2 in the freezer now calling to me..but as I am heading off to Milanos (pizza joint) tonight for a family celebration, I will allow them to call until tomorrow.
    Well done to AH – great weight and inch loss. All others’ contributions inspire me to keep on track
    Wednesday ended up being a low calorie day (1,200) and had a good fast yesterday 485!! Celebratory twirl….So need to keep a general eye on things over the weeked – at least not go into the 2,500++ range. Next fast on Monday.
    60 sec plank done! NOT looking forward to 90 sec tomorrow.
    Best of luck to all

Yes MISS M – we all do need comfort from time to time, and as long as it’s not ALL the time, we should be ok!

After my Thursday ‘fall from fast’ I stepped it up today and DAMN! It feels soooo good to be at the end of a strict fast day. Does anyone else feel all cocky at the end of a successful fast day? So self satisfied!!

BOGLETT the myfitnesspal app is really good. You can scan barcodes for instant calorie calculations.

All you plankers, hope you’re ready for 90 long seconds tomorrow.

Hi Ms Marple, loved your reasoning behind devouring 6 crumpets etc! For a moment I thought it was MaryWWriter starting her new novel! Made me look back at my own childhood food wise, and Saturday afternoons were spent with my mum baking cakes and desserts for Sunday tea when all the family would arrive. You had to be quick and get in there as it didn’t hang around long, and there was never anything left. Mum used to get so mad that there was nothing for weekdays, but if she had baked more, it still would have disappeared on Sunday! The smell coming from my childhood kitchen was memorable,, and like you can still go back there and taste the goodies. Guess this is why I just had to open a bistro! I especially loved baking the cakes and scones. Dare not let myself go there any more or I would be back up to 11 stone. I only bake now for other people,or if we have visitors. It helps that I have an intolerance to gluten, so if I get the urge for cakes I am reminded it won’t do my health any good, so I don’t .
    Chip butties……..Action……..you are supposed to be showing us the way……., but then you are doing so well I guess we can allow you a wee treat. What was your target for this month BTW, don’t recall you posted yours?!?!
    Weighin was not particularly earth shattering, down by 1/4lb to 9.5 stone. But considering I had gained over the weekend (eating too much again). I am pleased to be down. This was my target as of last week so have reached this in 8 months. It took me over two years on my last slimming regime to reach target, so quite a difference. I have decided to go for a new target of 9 stone. Still carrying some fat and need to lose more around my waist. I know this site and all you lovely people will help me get there. Such inspiring stories and tips. Keep going everyone, if I can do it, you can! TTL

Well done TTL. Maybe that is your true weight. I am doing 4 3 this week as I am busy all day today gardening and sorting out stuff for a car boot sale so will not have time to think about food! Went for tapas last night and had some wine. Also had some chocolate when I got home – naughty ๐Ÿ™‚ However I did have chocs last week as well and still lost so that is why I love this WOL as I never feel deprived! Hoping for a good loss again next Tuesday. Have a great weekend one and all x

Hi All

Thanks Fit for the link to IDM – very interesting and am still reading my way through it. I feel justified as I was always very mystified why some slimming clubs were horrified at the idea of eating an avocado and yet were perfectly happy with a chocolate bar.
    Well done TTL – you are a great inspiration 18 to a 12 Well done you! I can’t imagine me size 12 again – maybe something I should work on. I know if I get to a certain weight I will start really believing.
    Had a very bad week – one son’s long term relationship has ended, one son minor bump in car and other party not willing to go anywhere other than authorised dealer, another caught in bus lane – but will appeal. Chimney on fire but you know what I am so proud of myself – all this and I didn’t reach for the biscuits, chocolate and or crisps – because I deserved it. I am on week 4 of couch 2 5k and I went for a run and stuck to my fast day. No one died and although not nice – such is life – there are a lot worse things to deal with.
    Thanks for all your support especially those who are well on their way to goal to help and encourange those like me who are just beginning the journey albeit sometimes with faltering steps.
    Thanks

“Really I feel just a little bit sad that you canโ€™t go back, just for a day, canโ€™t curl up, slightly sandy and shivery in the crook of your Mumโ€™s arm, licking butter from your fingers and drifting off to the sound of adults chatting, warm and replete…”
    Pardon my intrusion, but I wanted thank MsMarple for creating that lovely bit of imagery. Made my day.

Crumpets… More of a muffin or pancake?? I believe we call them English muffins here in the States ;).

AC, I’m down another 2.5 lbs. this week (overall Sept. loss at 3.5 so far). I think my goal was 5, so hoping for 6 at this point!

Em

I can’t believe it! Had 2 people, on 2 different days this week say have I lost weight and how slim I look. ๐Ÿ™‚ My weight loss does yo-yo so something must be happening that I have not noticed yet?! ๐Ÿ™‚

CODA – “I am on week 4 of couch 2 5k” – what is this??

Hi couch 2 5k is a running plan over 9 weeks. you start and end each session with a 5 minute walk. Week 1 you run/jog for 1 minute and walk for 2 and repeat for 20 minutes (roughly 30 minutes in total). You do week 1, 3 times before progressing to week 2. I believe you can get an app now but i had downloaded pod casts to an mp3 from the NHS website. One of the problems with the app was freezing so I just stick with the mp3 and use mapmyrun app on my phone to track distance, time etc. You should be able to run approximately 5k at the end of 9 weeks or run for about 30 minutes.
    I think everyone enjoyed the trip down memory lane, I too thought it was our resident author until I checked the name. Nite all have a good weekend

Emilyashen – Crumpets (as we know them here in New Zealand, home of the Rugby World Cup) are neither muffin nor pancake and certainly not English Muffin! They are a chewy but crunchy (when toasted which is a must) with lots of holes for the butter and honey (or marmalade or jam) to soak into.

Whew, such a lot to catch up on and it’s all good positive stuff

TTL: You are correct I didn’t declare a target for the month did I, actually I thought I could just hide this month and be the Administrator but of course we have people like yourself who keep everyone accountable so well done ๐Ÿ™‚ I actually entered 7lbs onto our spread sheet for the month, achieved 1lb first week and heading for 2 lbs this week so reasonably happy with progress, even with the chip buttie !!!

CODA: You have coped very well with your week from hell, well done after all those challenges you stayed strong and didn’t revert to the comfort of food, so easy to do when stress levels rise.

EMILY: Another 2.5 to add to your 1lb first week, keep up the good work, your goal is 5 for the month

SERENITY: When friends and people close to you give you praise for the new look those moments are the best, even better than weigh ins and seeing results on the scales, my opinion anyway.

CHIPMUNK: Please stop talking about Crumpets, they are one of my weaknesses, especially with Golden Syrup dribbling off them, one is never enough, always have to have three, with a big large Flat White or a Latte, especially on a Saturday morning reading the morning paper….

Well done everyone for another great week, our spread sheet doesn’t have any gains on it so far, albeit we have a few who never reported in so maybe they are recouping their own way. Stay strong over the weekend, this is the time of the week I have the most challenges food wise however it’s getting easier. Must go now and read the Saturday morning paper !!!

I hope that doesn’t involve crumpets Action Hero! Although it is not crumpet weather here is it. Not sure about Wellies, but here in Marlborough it’s a stunning day and I am in the garden planting strawberries.

Hi, all,

“Resident author” checking in. ๐Ÿ™‚

In fact, Ms. Marples’s lovely literary contribution reminded ME of the longest novel in the world — Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time, which came in at 4,215 pages (usually published in five volumes) — and it all started when Proust remembered the taste of a madeleine he’d eaten in childhood and all of his memories came flooding back. So, very similar to what happened to Ms. Marples.

I found the relevant quote from Wikipedia in case anyone is interested (those who are not can skip right over this, or even on to the next comment! I tend to get obsessive about literary stuff. As others do about golf and rugby. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

“No sooner had the warm liquid mixed with the crumbs touched my palate than a shudder ran through me and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary thing that was happening to me. An exquisite pleasure had invaded my senses, something isolated, detached, with no suggestion of its origin. And at once the vicissitudes of life had become indifferent to me, its disasters innocuous, its brevity illusory โ€“ this new sensation having had on me the effect which love has of filling me with a precious essence; or rather this essence was not in me it was me. … Whence did it come? What did it mean? How could I seize and apprehend it? … And suddenly the memory revealed itself. The taste was that of the little piece of madeleine which on Sunday mornings at Combray (because on those mornings I did not go out before mass), when I went to say good morning to her in her bedroom, my aunt Lรฉonie used to give me, dipping it first in her own cup of tea or tisane. The sight of the little madeleine had recalled nothing to my mind before I tasted it. And all from my cup of tea.” (Marcel Proust, Swann’s Way)

I have read four of the volumes and plan to read the others before I turn 96. Actually, it’s a lovely thing, that novel, but it must have taken quite some time to write it.

It has been a very long fast day for me today since I woke up at 4:30 and couldn’t go back to sleep. I’ve been ravenous and tired. But it’s almost bedtime now and I’m watching the Blue Jays clobber the New York Yankees (so far they are clobbering, but it’s only the bottom of the 4th). I did manage to get my plank in — 60 secs. today and 90 tomorrow. Aghghg.

This Forum still interests me immensely, I’ve just learnt what “a madeleine” is plus I recognised both the Blue Jays and the Yankees, both from MaryW, so many thanks for this diversity in our learnings

I resisted the Crumpets Chipmunk but made a Flat White to die for so life is good, beautiful day here in Welly too, just worked off 500 calories washing two cars so can indulge in a couple of Chardonnays with some blue cheese and crackers before a nice piece of Tarakihi with Mike’s special garden salad. I’ll wait until about 7pm for dinner then a strict fast day tomorrow to end off the week (I’ve just reread what I have written here and thought “what a boring life it is on our journey to skinny”) ๐Ÿ™‚

However next weekend for us is going to be busy with a couple of social functions so head down and bum up this weekend and it’s all about control.

Woo hoo!!!! over the moon this morning – I did a sneaky weigh in on Thursday and had seen a pleasant drop in the scales, but didn’t believe them so kind of ignored it, but just weighed myself again this morning and I am astounded but delighted to be handing over a hefty 3 and half pounds of unwanted weight, which means I have donated 5lbs so far this month (my target was 4lbs) now before I get too excited, I know it’s likely to fluctuate and next week is highly unlikely to see the same loss as I am away from home for 4 days of rugby, meeting up with old friends, food and the odd drink or 2. But I will try and get in at least another 2 FDs before that and I am on my 90 second plank today (gulp!). Have a great weekend everybody, and good luck for those of you who haven’t dared the scales yet. I am still loving this WOE, coming up to 2 months now and I am nearly a stone and half less of my former self, I am starting to imagine where I may be by Christmas…. and then by my birthday in February when I reach the ripe old age of 51. I had dreamed of being at my ideal weight before I reached 50 but circumstances got in the way, perhaps this is the year? ๐Ÿ™‚

Pleeeeease, can we let the crumpets go……. Have read so much about them, and my memories are being revived, am actually longing for them! PIKELETS are the name for them where I come from, although in Scotland crumpets are the name for them. Toasted over an open fire with lashings of butter. Yes please.

MaryWWriter – what a lovely posting, the Madeleines are getting into my psyche now too. You can buy bags of 20 in the supermarkets up here. GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN,!!!

Action – please enlighten me, what is Tarakihi? Never heard of it. Better not go overboard or your 7lb target will suffer. Boring, did the man say boring? Never. I find this thread most interesting, and often laugh out loud at some of the antics we all get up to.

Lifesabeach. Wow, well done 5 lbs in 12 days is impressive. The biggest amount I have reduced by at one time is 2 lbs and felt on cloud nine,, so you must be positively flying.

Have a great weekend everyone, and don’t blow away the losses made this past week. Cut out some of the carb treats and have more of the ‘good’ stuff. TTL

Hi
    How we are being educated – looked up Madeleine as I had never heard of them before and looked up Tarakihi to see what AH was eating – hope you enjoyed it!
    And do you know what – I am going to buy some crumpets in my weekly shop. With all the talk I will have those as one of my treats. Onward and downwards everybody.
    Well done Life a stone and a half in two months is pretty impressive. I will have done 2 months at the end of September but don’t think the results will be as good as yours, however everybody is different and as long as it keeps coming down then all is good.

meant to say how envious I am of hearing how in NZ you are getting ready for summer while we are starting to feel the slight nip in the air in the mornings and the evenings are getting darker earlier as we head into autumn – not that I mind autumn but knowing winter is just round the corner brrrr!

From a very wet, windy and cold Dundee I thank you for the information Action. Looks like you will be getting your quota of Omega 3! Good stuff!

Coda – don’t be tempted with the crumpets – they will blow your calorie allowance out the window.

ABout to watch the Walker Cup golf on TV from sunny down south Action. Good weekend all. TTL

I’d never heard of a tarakihi either, so thanks for expanding my knowledge AH. They look too pretty to eat! I wonder how they’d look as a brooch. (Just kidding. Sounds like a Monty Python sketch gone wrong.)

Way to go, Lifesabeach!

Looks like I’m down another bit to a total of 3 lbs this month. I believe that was my goal for September, so I guess I’ll just toddle off now and lie on a beach with a stack of crumpets. See you in October!!

(Kidding. I hereby reset my goal to 5 lbs.)

My official day for the scales is Monday but I do take a sneaky look throughout the week and I must say I’m pretty pleased.

Weekends are challenging for me so I will await for the official figure on Monday.

I am loving how my body is looking and how my clothes fit. I didn’t have a great deal to lose but that extra weight did make all the difference to how my clothes fit and how I felt.

I love and appreciate this forum as it is very active, supportive, funny and informative.

I have a litte confession, however, the plank challenge has fallen by the way side. I didn’t feel I had time in the morning before work and I’ve been getting home from work a bit late and just forgot on a couple of occasions so I let it drop. I do need to engage some exercise so I will make use of that gym membership and hopfully attend some classes.

Congratulations to everyone with a weight reduction this week and for those still with the plank challenge.

oooh, btw, when I was young, my mum used the term crumpets but my dad’s aunt called them pikelets. I do like them with lots of butter but luckily all the talk hasn’t tempted me.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.