Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

This topic contains 406 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 407 total)

• Sorry to have been absent this week…a lot going on on the home front.

Labor day weekend here in the U.S. but no big family cookout so dodging that bullet!

I think Miss Muffin Top ended up around 70 lbs….not bad at all!

I realized this week how many excuses I have for eating poorly. I still do low to no carb, 16:8 or better most days, but the chocolate is just my weakness. So, I invent all kinds of reasons why I give in…stress, boredom, reward, whatever. I think, oh, it’ll come off when I fast, blah, blah, blah. Why do we do that to ourselves?! Gotta get a better mind set going.

Will weigh in Monday. Plank challenge going well. Hard to do with an air boot on one foot!

Glad everyone seems to be coming along.

Oh, almost forgot, read interesting article about magnesium effect on blood sugar and insulin. I have been taking magnesium and potassium supplements for a couple years, and wonder if that combined with no carb/fasting is what keeps the weight dropping. Magnesium seems to level out blood sugar spikes. Added benefit is helping things to move along digestion wise!

Good day to all fasters!

AH – Thank you very much for your comments and the Chocolate Fish! Worth every bit of effort that went into resisting the temptation. I think I may get addicted to Chocolate Fish! 🙂 It made me laugh, and warmed my heart. I also have extra motivation to make this weekend a success! I have to admit before I read your post I was fantasising about treats for Saturday but not any more so thank you!

Looking forward to the weight reduction result on Monday. Interested in the piece on ‘weight loss’ versus ‘weight reduction’ too.

TTL – Thank you for letting us know about ‘Jamie’s Sugar Rush’. It was quite shocking that there are 7000 diabetic related amputations per year. I have signed the petition and shared the link.

Day 5 – Plank – 40 secs (getting harder)

Let’s be especially generous to Miss Belly Rolls this weekend. 🙂

One pound off – take that, Miss Belly Rolls. Pleased to see it as weight reduction (see what I did there AH) is slowing down a little… only because I went through a couple of weeks of, hmm, getting a bit bored with this now. Guess what, no downward results! Discovered I really really missed that feeling so back on track with a vengeance for September. Holiday in Nov so half a stone off by then is my goal. For September, one down, three to go!
    I almost never eat sugar now since starting this WOL – amazing, I have been addicted (and I don’t use that term carelessly) for half a century. Being fat, fair, fifty I am scared of diabetes and that is one of my major pushes for getting healthy – I have seen many people suffering with this awful condition.
    Cmon lets do it!

Well done Kate, another pound gone. Did you watch Jamie’s Sugar Rush? It’s worth a watch if you’re worried about diabetes. The stats are gob smacking. Don’t give up, we.’re all in this together.

Hi lifesabeach – I don’t sleep well either, getting up 4 out of 7 nights usually to read and then give it another go. Advised to put 2-3 drops of essential oil MARJORAM on my pillow at night. Most of the time it works. Now maybe 1 in 10 nights have to get up. Good health shops will have it for a few pounds . Good luck and happy zzzzzzz’s. TTL

Hi TTL, Thanks for that tip re marjoram. I will buy some. I have suffered from insomnia for a long time, but recently a lot worse. I now have really bad headaches which I think is due to lack of sleep. Let’s hope we have a better and longer sleep tonight.

Thanks for the encouraging words Mike. I am only 5 ft, so 125 is quite heavy, considering I was only 100 lbs when I got married. The first time I dieted after having 2 daughters I was 112 lbs – oh to be that weight again!! I enjoy reading all your posts, and everyone else’s, of course. Let’s stay committed, determined and patient. We can do it. Ray

Everyone having insomnia, depending on your age and stage, (and gender) menopause could be the issue rather than fasting. I was a great sleeper til I went through menopause and it hasn’t improved. Oddly, I’ve been away this weekend and had a late coffee which I never usually do, and have slept like the proverbial baby.

Good morning everyone (or evening you guys somewhere else) a beautiful spring day in Wellington and life is good.

CHIPMUNK I always smile when someone says they “slept like a baby” The answer to that comment is “did you wake up every hour crying and wanting a bottle???”

6 Little Friends have already logged on this week with weight reductions, a total of 8.9lbs so far for week 1 (including 1.5lbs from yours truly), small beginnings and I know it’s the start of an amazing month for everyone. Our total goal is 172lbs (34 members) since everyone has logged on. As I mentioned previously, this is the equivalent weight of one of us (give or take depending where you are on your journey), that’s quite impressive when we think about it, one whole person’s weight kicked for touch so let’s all be accountable for our actions, be responsible to ourselves and then we can take ownership for the results on 30 September.

My week was a satisfactory result given the variety of social and work balance, a very pleasant evening out Saturday, we dined at a local Indian Restaurant where I probably over indulged a little however a strict fast day Sunday and it didn’t impact too much. This eating/fasting pattern, once mastered, is so easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle and the feelings of achievement are good.

Looking forward to everyones progress for the week plus your STORIES of accomplisments, remember there’s a chocolate fish up for grabs 🙂

Oh to be the age of going through the menopause Chipmunk. Alas at 66 that is not part of my insomnia problem. I haven’t slept well for the last 10 years for various reasons which seem to have stayed with me. I do find on FD’s I don’t sleep so well, but the Marjoram seems to work most of the time.

Fabulous day in Scotland today, 23 degrees! Summer finally arrived. After some intensive gardening today OH suggested we go to our fav tearoom this afternoon . Even before I arrived I had decided that I was going to have a piece of gluten free cake, and I did, it was delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed it and no guilt pangs either!, before we left the house I entered my food in myfitnesspal including cake and dinner, then stuck to it. I still came in under my cal allowance for the day, so there, I can have my cake and eat it!!!

It doesn’t happen very often,, and today really was a treat, which is what it’s all about, eh? Fast day tomorrow , so here’s to reducing again this week. Have set my new goal to 9 stone now, so still a lot to work for. Onwards and downwards. TTL

TTL Well done you! I think logging the calories before going to the tea rooms was a great idea – it clearly focussed you on your daily goal.
    Re insomnia – I’d have to say fasting days have no better or worse impact on my poor sleep. I tried Melatonin for a while but that didn’t make a great difference either. I guess some of us are destined to be night crawlers.

Hi

I’m a night owl too – often its light before i go to bed and about once a fortnight just don’t bother – but I found ‘Melissa Dream’ and that gets me off to sleep, especially on fast nights, when my mind loops the loop all night. Would highly recommend it.

Hi everyone
    Soo looking forward to my fast day tomorrow as from Friday it all went to pot and the control switch was stuck in off position and I felt out of control and cravings were indulged, which I haven’t had since I joined you all at end of July.. Dreading the scales on Tuesday as don’t expect any loss – will be lucky if I stay the same. Why oh why? No one to blame but me didn’t want to listen to inner voice. Talk about self sabotage! Hopefully tomorrow will get me back on track.

Hi Coda, don’t beat yourself up, we all have off days, maybe yours was just one of those.

Have you tried breaking your May goal down into little milestones, you want to reduce 18kgs by May, that’s 2kgs each month. It will be easier some months than others because various things get in our way.

What about a set of little rewards for the next 3 months, what would really inspire you to be strong when these cravings start to kick in, what pleasure would replace the pain you know will kick in if you give in to the cravings? Remember 10 minutes of indulgence is over so quickly it leaves us all those hours of remourse after we give in thatwe get depresed and it makes the pain all that harder to endure.

Find some personal rewards that will work for you, write them down and carry them with you, read them before giving into the cravings, I think it will help next time.

Right Miss Belly Rolls you can add my 3lb to your total!! First ever week on 5:2 and feel great! Can’t believe how conscious it makes me about my portion sizes. I think years on a different diet where you can eat as much free food as you like has caused me to be quite generous with my portion sizes. I’ve been using smaller plates, eating slower and more mindfully. If I’m still hungry after half an hour I’ll allow myself a little more but that, amazingly, has only happened once!! I must have been eating so much food just for the sake of it! I feel much less bloated and my clothes feel loose already!
    For those of you struggling with sleeping can I suggest a body scan meditation (not as scary as it sounds but it helps to relax and take your mind of not being able to sleep!! I often don’t get halfway through it before I’m out for the count! Here is a link to instructions but if you google it you can find some you tube clips of guided ones!(http://www.stillmind.com.au/Documents/Body%20Scan%20Meditation%20orig.pdf)
    Good luck for the next week everyone! 🙂
    M x

Good luck to all the Monday fasters!

I plan to join you in the morning (still Sunday night here). I had a great weekend swimming in the pool and watching tennis. Tomorrow’s a holiday in the states, but I’m going to keep it a fast day. I was pretty “good” with my eating until today. I definitely went a little overboard, and am looking forward to fasting tomorrow. I’m also excited to get this second week of fasting under my belt. I think the fasts get a little easier after that…

I usually sleep okay the first fast day, but the second one is much harder to settle down to sleep. I even gave in last week and had a small snack. I’m hoping to be able to get through it this week.

How often does everyone weight themselves? I think I’m going to stick to Friday mornings, I don’t want anything to discourage me from the fasts.

Have a good one!
    Em

Great result Boglett! That will inspire you and great addition to MBR.
    Thanks TTL and others for sleep tips, will try the marjoram. My sleeping is all to pot (menopausal maybe!)plus I have worked many night shifts in my time…
    It is my worst diet-buster, being exhausted…Even as I’m eating, I know I’m not hungry but tired, and I’m not reaching for the lettuce leaves either. Many of the older nurses I know are carrying a little ‘spare’ – reaching for the toast and jam at 4 am is a common problem!
    I weigh daily Emily but everyone has a system which works for them. I find the discipline of standing on the scales in the morning stays my food-filled hand, at least some of the time. You have to be relaxed about the numbers going a bit up and down though.

Hello,

Righty oh… managed to weigh myself at last and I am 10 stone 2, which means I owe Ms Muffin Top 5lbs from last time.

I’m going to claim 2lbs of that for Ms Belly Roll, which means 4 lbs to go. Hope no one thinks this is a bit cheaty.. it’s just hasr to measure when you don’t have scales in the house..

It’s funny how weight comes off…at the start of Aug, it seemed my fasting had no effect at all, just felt the same but, as I got used to the fast days, a kind of lightness overtook me, not just to do with weight. FOr example.. I have taken up running over the last year.. I don’t really like it, i’m more of a walker… not just strolling but coastal footpath, 15 miles a day walking, that’s how I always used to get fit. I can’t really leave and walk for 2 weeks at a stretch these days so the running is a substitute but I always feel leaden, heavy and old running around the park, no clifftop exhilaration. In the last week or two..I can feel the weight loss, my body is lighter and more like the me I always used to be.
    I was by the beach this weekend for the one nice Sunday of the summer and tried barefoot running in the very early morning. Of course the surroundings helped, pearly blue sky and ashimmering pellucid sea, running back along my footprint trail, vast deserted beach, high up birds.. but also my body had changed.. I feel lighter, more able to pass through the air, as if I could just keep running and never turn back, just as I used to do in those far off Cornish walking days.. I like it.

Good luck to all.. must start work now.

ms M

Good morning,

Is there room for a little one (in height, that is) could I please join? I started 5:2 last week, down 2lbs this week. Only short of eating the internet looking for inspiration and ideas. Im 5ft, 37 and currently weigh in 149lbs. 4 months ago I gave birth to my third and FINAL child, its now time to claim my body back. I’ve lost 2 stone since he was born but unfortunately to get the numbers reading “healthy BMI”, Ive another 2 stone to go.

I began the couch 2 5k three weeks ago but now I’ve damaged my knee so no running or walking. Not to be deterred from exercising, got straight on to Youtube and just done 30 mins of chair Zumba. I love when my head is in the weightloss zone, because anything is possible and nothing seems impossible.

From lurking about here the last few days reading all the posts, I seen the plank challenge been mentioned, so done a bit of googling, didn’t know what it was, now I’ve 2 days done, so thank you to those who mentioned it.

I’m working on a 6lbs loss from today

Cheers
    Sharon

Thanks AH for your words of wisdom and support it means a lot! Its all mind set isn’t it – mind set is everything! I just need to think about why I started this journey before I sabotage it but it is usually after the event that I think about it. I have been thinking of treats and as I love my garden the next goal I reach I am buying myself a plant. I guess even if I don’t do well this week I can be especially good the next and the next and the next and before I know it I will be at the garden center!
    Thanks

Hey everybody,
    Great to read all your positive posts and encouragement. I guess I’m too late to join the September challenge but I will keep up with you all and maybe join in next month. I’m doing sober September to try and kick-start a return to healthy living after an over-indulgent summer. First fast in a looong time today. Feeling positive. Hope you are all doing well too!

I did weigh on the second of September to know my base weight down 1.2 pounds. But have no plans on weighing till October 1. Cheers everyone!

Great tips for insomnia – thanks everyone I will try them out and report back…

So weighed myself this morning and am delighted to be donating one and a half pounds for the first week of September. Plank challenge going well too. Definitely finding exercise getting more and more dare I say it ‘enjoyable’ I know I have still got mountains to climb but eliminating my first stone has really made me feel so much better, I just keep telling myself to imagine how I will be feeling when I’ve thrown off the next….and the next…..

All going in the right direction 🙂 happy fasting everyone, gosh my tummy is rumbling big time today, looking forward to dinner time – not long to go now!

I’m happy to announce a contribution to Miss Jelly Rolls…….3lbs for week 1. Very pleased with how I feel on fast days and actually looking forward to them this week.

Love all the encouragement and recommendations!

I’ve heard that results are better if you have 2 days between fasts….does anyone have experience with this?

NIRVANA78 Great to have you on board, have set you up in the September spread sheet, keep up the first weeks excellent result

TROPPO PANCIA Never too late to join us, come back with a goal weight reduction for September and you are in

BOGLETT Great first week result, keep it up. Your body scan meditation is a very good method of relaxation, it’s close to self hypnosis process that I too have used when needing to relax

LIFESABEACH Well done on the first stone disappearing, the next two will be a breeze because you have the belief now that you can do it, it’s a mindset to keep remembering

So much exercise going on too by everyone, keep it up

11 people have reported in so far for week one and over 19lbs down the drain, everyone reporting weight reductions so far so looking froward to more good news today as well

Take care everyone and keep up the positive feed back,

Mike

Reporting a frustration today. Was 1.1kg down on Friday morning, had a moderate weekend, fast day yesterday and back up 500gms this morning. Soooooo frustrating even though I know that’s the way it goes, and by next fast day, Thursday, it’ll all be good again. Optimism.

Planking going well. Up to 45 seconds now.
    Well done everyone on the first week’s efforts.

Congratulations to everyone on your weight reduction. I’m pleased to donate 1 and a half pounds to Miss Belly Rolls this week. I also lost half an inch from my waist.

I’m especially pleased as I had forgotten that last Monday was bank holiday and I ate out for dinner and went to the cinema and indulged in some sweeties :).

I have much more discipline now that it is the working week and enthusiasm.

On track with the Plank Challenge – 45 secs.

Mike – I love your motivation and encouragement.

Good luck everyone, seems like we’re on a ‘roll’ – see what I did 🙂 Funny in my head but not in reality 🙂

Awesome to read through the posts and hear everyone’s journey!
    I’ve lost 3lbs this week so 1lb left to reach my -4lb goal this month 🙂 I fasted for 3 days and on two of which I just drank black coffee and tea. Yoga everyday and 3x 5km runs! Feeling great!

Hi All, you guys should see the day we have here in Wellington today, my house roof vent temperature has reached 25 degrees and it’s only first week of Spring, roll on Summer.

Commiserations to all you UK tennis supporters, Mr Murray is gone-burger, knocked out by a South African no less, hope that’s not an omen for the Rugby for you !!!

VEGGIEKATE What are we going to do about you my dear, I think you might be “tanking it” as we call it down here in NZ, 3lbs in week one with only 1 lb to go for the next 20 odd days….. me thinks I might have to “crack the whip” and raise your goal a few pounds, maybe call it 8lbs instead of 4lbs for the month, what do you think Team, we can’t have kate getting lazy for the rest of the month eh??? 🙂 🙂 🙂

Well done Veggie! 3lbs in a week is bloody amazing, especially for a woman, with luck you will smash your target, unless some evil taskmaster thinks you will somehow ease back and start coasting. As if!!!

May I suggest we change AH to OT, for Oliver Twist???

2lb from me for Miss Belly Rolls, AH.

Not a bad start, I suppose.

Haha I am a kiwi Action Hero! Though currently in Canada! I’m 2lbs away from losing all the weight I put on overindulging here. So I’ll up my September goal to 5lbs total which leaves me with another 2lbs to lose this month! Anything extra would be a bonus 🙂

If anyone is interested in yoga (even if you’ve never tried it before) I cannot recommend ‘Yoga with Adriene’ highly enough! You can subscribe to a 30 day yoga challenge and receive daily emails with yoga videos and lovely messages, all for free! They’re awesome, varied practices and the motto is to “find what feels good.” You can check her out on YouTube or her website http://yogawithadriene.com

Thanks for the support guys and congrats on the -2lbs milena! 🙂

Well done to all those who have posted losses so far! I am down 1lb to 172. Not bad considering that I forgot that I have joined this challenge at the weekend and ate out twice! (And I mean three courses, with ALL of the trimmings!). Hopefully, my head will be back in the zone this week and I will be more restrained. Thanks to all who have posted insomnia tips – I am posting here having been awake since 4am – so will try some of those after my next fast day.

Chipmunk, I forgot my planking also but just joined back in on the appropriate day so am on Day 8 45 seconds today

Irish (soon to be a) Trier!

Well done to everyone who has already given some pounds to Miss Belly Rolls and to those doing the plank challenge. I have kept up with it but I can’t imagine getting to 5 minutes by the end of the month. I will try my best!

I’ve been doing quite a bit of research into the effects of sugar and carbs on the body over the last few weeks. While it’s really clear that added sugar is bad news, there’s a lot of conflicting information about carbs. Over the last few days I’ve cut out starchy carbs such as bread, potatoes, pasta etc and all refined sugar. I still eat lots of vegetables and fruit and usually have a small bowl of porridge for breakfast. I’ve made a conscious effort to eat more good fats – lots of nuts, avocado, olives, houmous. As a result, I don’t feel hungry on my non-fast days and my weight isn’t fluctuating as much.

Last week I posted that my weight was fluctuating between 168 and 165 lbs depending on whether I’d fasted the day before or not. My weight for the last few days has been 164 lbs. I haven’t fasted since Saturday. Today is a fast day so it will be interesting to see if it’s down again tomorrow. As far as the challenge goes, I think it would be fair to give Miss Belly Rolls 2 lbs of my weight loss for now and assume the other 2 lbs were water. I’d like to get down to 160 lbs by the end of the month.

Nirvana78 – I’ve also got a 4 month old baby. Well done for your 2 stone weight loss. I’ve lost 13 lbs since I started 5:2 11 weeks ago. I’d like to lose another 2 stone too.

1 lb for Miss Belly Rolls which surprised me as I have had 2 restaurant meals this first week of September. I have another restaurant meal tomorrow so I will be especially careful with my other meals. Have a good day everyone. Ray

Excellent results so far Team, all negative pounds off your start weights for the month, well done. We still have about 15 to report in for week one, no problems if they don’t, might pick them up next week.

MILENA Just as well we got 2lbs from you today or else I could picture someone standing in the naughty corner for being cheeky to The Boss, well done though for 2lbs, it’s a popular figure this week.

VEGGIEKATE I should have realised you were from “Downunder”, I’ll accept your additional 1lb for Sept goal, but no slacking though, more is better.

EVERYONE ELSE who wants to log in with results for week one, don’t hold back, the spreadsheet is starting to fill up in the first column.

Morning AH just back from my swim! Anyway delighted to report I have reduced by 4.25lbs this week so add that to Miss Jelly Belly. I am also on target with the plank challenge. Having said that I have a dodgy knee so it is giving me a bit of pain but I am determined to continue with it. Have a great week one and all 🙂

VEGGIEKATE – welcome to another Kiwi, especially one who is keen on yoga – I go to classes twice a week and also do a home practice – I’d be a liar if I said every day, but I do try (a bit like fasting!!) Well done on your weight reduction – it sounds like you don’t have much to lose anyway and it can be hard finding motivation when it’s “only a couple of kilos”.

and JFITZY – aren’t you doing well??

AH, no showing off please, though I know when you live in Wellington (and I am a part time Wellingtonian) you have to claim all the good weather you can. Sunny Marlborough certainly lived up to its name today – though we had a frost lat night an another tonight I suspect.

Plank challenge is going well – I had more than a double dose today as my yoga instructor seems to have decided we need excessive amounts of plank, side planks and all sorts of other variations – felt quite rung out by the end of it!

Keep it up everyone.

That’s great for me Picky pixie, someone I can relate to. It’s not easy, I have two kids asleep and one in school, so hopped on the oul YouTube and just done 40 minutes of chair Zumba. I have appointment with the doc tomorrow, to see what I’ve done to my knee. Today is a fast day for me so I’ve done a list of chores that will help pass a few hours. I’m trying the don’t eat till dinner time approach. I don’t drink tea or coffee so it’s plenty of water for me. Bring it on!

JFitzy

Bloody marvellous!!!!

AH – naught corner?? A bit of respect for your elders please, I’ve decided to sit on the back of the class and disrupt lessons – plenty of room at the back if anyone wants to join me !

What’s that expression about power corrupting again????

No loss for me this week. Again, excuses abound, and I have to get my mind back in the game. Fasted yesterday and today, so will see what the scale shows tomorrow.

I know I overdid the carbs and sweets last week, plus a 10 day streak of 90 degree days with 100% humidity is causing all sorts of water weight. Thursday the cold front comes in….thank goodness! Tired of summer!

Sorry, guys, and sorry, me! Will have to put off my reward til next week.

Hi picky pixie – re carbs – a good read is The Real Meal Revolution. A real eye opener which confirms that carbs are empty calories that spike blood sugar when consumed. This in turn releases insulin which then is used for fuel (as in fight or flight) or is put down as fat. Hence so many people teetering on the brink of diabetes . I have cut out carbs and most sugar now and my weight reduction has continued since I did started that.
    I don’t get bloated, nor feel like a plodder any more.

Well done everyone who has reduced in the first week. 3 and 4 pounds in one week is impressive.

Action Hero – I have a confession to make. My ‘gift to me’ at the end of the month for shifting pounds, was to buy a size 12 dress for a special occasion in October . Having looked casually around the shops I found the colour I want is def not in fashion this year, and really not much to choose from. (Typical of me wanting something not in fashion!) Looked online and found the perfect dress (emerald green) so for the first time ever actually bought a dress online. SIZE 12!!! It fits perfectly with just a little wriggle room. Haven’t been in a 12 for 16 years. So I’m afraid I have claimed my reward when I haven’t even done the work yet, oops! But, I promise to shed more weight as planned. Just hope I don’t shrink into a size 10 now I have splurged!

Have a good week all, onwards and downwards. TTL

Hello everyone,

Greetings from rainy and humid Toronto!

Sadly, I cannot add to the team totals because I have not lost any weight this week. But this is typical for me: some weeks, the scale will report zero weight loss and the following week, I will lose 2 to 3 pounds. I continue to follow the 5:2 plan, but may skip Thursday of this week as I will be on vacation in Jamaica – I will eat clean, but won’t reduce to 500 calories.

The plank challenge is great! I started late, but am up and running (err… planking)!

Wishing everyone a blessed and successful week!

Hi All
    So last week was my first ever week on the 5:2 plan and it was a strange week!
    So I did great on the fast days Tuesday and Thursday and then on Friday I went to Spain for a longggg weekend and ate and drank big carbs for 4 nights and 4 days. So normally after this kind of indulgence I have put 5 pounds on and I am more than delighted to say I had lost 0.5 pound today.
    I know from a sneaky peak on the scales before my holiday that I had lost 4 pounds so.. kinda pleased that I am still in a minus.
    Feeling pretty good after todays fast. Just going to tuck into some veggies and then find something to do to take my mind off looking at the fridge again.
    Questions how fast does the weight loss show after fast days and providing you don’t pig out does it stay off.. If this works for me I will be over the moon as like most of you probably have tried everything under the sun and have been in this cycle of 3 pounds off 3 pounds on for the last year.

Do any of you have any tips to speed things up from average 1 pound a week. I am thinking of doing Tuesday. Thursday and adding a Sunday to the proceedings or does this typically lead to a binge (which I am prone too?)
    I go away mid December and I would love to lose 24 pounds to fit in my clothes and not feel very self conscious in whats going to be a group holiday.

Good luck to you all in the Septembers challenge. If I lose 7 pounds by the end of September I will be purchasing something mighty fine off my best friend the internet.

Not many shops nearby me so… its an incentive..
    UP and at em Girl x

Hi UP and welcome:

The only way to speed up weight loss is to eat less. This post will explain the ‘math’ https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

Day 9 and just did 60 seconds on the plank challenge – I am still doubtful I’ll be able to do 300 seconds (FIVE minutes) on the 30th day, but hey! I’m sticking with the programme.

Morning All, just been reading all the results coming in for the first week, the great news is there are no GAINS from those who have reported in, 3 or 4 report no reduction or only half a pound however this must be viewed as a great WIN because status quo is positive, reduction is positive, weight gain is “annoying” however you probably know what has caused it so that’s positive too.

The worst result is a weight gain and not knowing WHY it was a gain. Everyone doing 5:2 has a pretty good handle on their food/exercise daily balance so if you have maintained status quo and look back on your 7 days eating and exercise records or memory then you probably know why.

We mustn’t set ourselves up to fail by unrealistic goals or beat ourselves up if no weight is shed on any particular week. This is a long distance race, it’s not a sprint, one week (the first 100 metres) is not the whole or next 12 weeks (10,000 metres) so be resolute in the knowledge that by sticking to the 5:2 plan it will treat you well over the period of time you want it to.

We still have about 14 to log in with week one results, maybe they’ll advise next week, so to date from 35 members promising 179lbs as their goals total we have 33lbs reductions from 21 in this first week. So a big pat on the back to everyone.

The chocolate fish for week 1 goes to JFITZY for her 4.25lbs, BOGLETT shed 3lbs followed by CHIPMUNK 2.4lbs, then there were 2’s, 1.5’s and 1’s from others. So well done once again, keep up the great work. And remember status quo is just as good as a reduction.

Take care all and stay strong, Cheers, Mike

Thanks for the fish Mike I can taste it now! 🙂

Hi sorry for the late post. Happy to report a very slight loss .100 kg lol (glad i weigh in kilos) but I will take it and be glad it wasn’t a gain knowing the bad weekend I had. Had better knuckle down for the next few weeks if I am to reach my goal for the month. Here is to a good coming week for everyone!

FITZY Don’t eat it all at once 🙂

CODA 0.1kg I have recorded as 0.25lbs for you (better than a gain remember)

SIMCOELUV That’s a great link you have posted above, very insightful and good for a reminder about TDEE levels and the different variations from site to site. Obviously lower limits are better for results when maintained so this site compared to Mayo site when maintained will certainly produce results.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.