Little Voices – July challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – July challenge

This topic contains 290 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  Coda 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 291 total)

• Wrote a really long post for New Topic and the whole lot disappeared – that tells me to shut up and get on with it!

So – sign up here for the July challenge. Can’t promise to be as meticulous about keeping spreadsheets up to date like UP did, but will do my best.

Perhaps you could let us know Up the weight of the Crisco Kid before he is booted out the door for good. Also what is the next name to get his ass kicked out – so looking forward to this. Together we can do it!

Good luck everyone – lets get this show on the road!!!

Hello! I am currently 11st 12.5, I want to lose 8lbs this month. I’m being ambitious! Not done this before but I liked the look of your June one. Found it too late. 🙂

Me please! I would like to lose 6 lbs to take me to my next half stone marker. That will be my contribution to Lardy Lad or whatever (s)he is to be called this month!

I’m in again, but being on holiday until July 14th, I am going to go for a more conservative 3 lbs for this month.

I would like to do the challenge. I am at 142 lbs this AM, and would like to be 136 by the end of July. Thanks for organizing, everyone seems to be really supportive here, which I love. Keep me straight!

Hi count me in for the July challenge. 150 lbs after been off 5:2 for 2 months. I’m back one fast day done.
    My goal is 4 lbs off in July. I need motivation..so this thread is exactly what I need! Thanks.

Me, me, ME! I’ve read the last couple of challenges you ladies have done but wasn’t quite confident enough to join. This month I’m in. I’d like to lose 2kgs this month (let’s say 4 pounds).
    Fast day today. Oats for lunch, pumpkin soup for dinner and strawberries for dessert. Copious amounts of peppermint and chamomile tea as always.
    Look forward to success. Feeling motivated!!

Well, here we go – new month, new goals.

My goal is to unload the last 1/2 lb left from June, then another 4 lbs. that will take me down to 9 St 10 lbs with an aim eventually of getting to 9 stone. But I don’t think of the end result, it’s too far away for me. I just take it in small steps , that way I have lots of achievements along the way, great for the morale!

Fast day for me today, so will go for another day of nothing till 6 pm. Just lots of fluids.
    I was at a funeral yesterday, unfortunately everything to eat afterwards was calorific carbs. But that was fine, I expected that, although the large glass of wine was choice! If there is a good thing to come out of a funeral, I was pleased to be able to wear my LBD reserved for these occasions , hadn’t been able to get the zip up the.previous time.

Looks like the sun will actually shine here today after a noisy thunderstorm during the night. Off to Pilates this morning, then hopefully some gardening this afternoon.

Have a great day fasters – perhaps we should call our next collective pounds LARDY LAD. Let’s get him loaded up and out of our system by the end of July.

Together we can do this!

Lardy Lad, look out! Me thinks you will be monstrously fat!

I’m in, too, and looks like we have a lot of company this month! The more, the merrier!

I will be a bit more conservative this month, since I am only 3 lbs from my original goal of 150, and I will be vacationing in a couple of weeks. So put me down for 4 lbs this month.

I kinda took a fasting break this week. Been doing one version or another pretty religiously since April, and I just thought I needed to relax and regroup. I wasn’t horrible, just had a snack after work yesterday and another around 2am. Teaching crackers with natural peanut butter and a few dark chocolate chips on top. What the heck. I will restart my fasting engine Monday, crack the ship again, and get back to it. 2 bikinis waiting for beach time, so can’t go too crazy!

Good luck to us all, and thank you, Third, for being our leader!

Hello fellow challengers and thanks Thirdtime for leading this month! I am up for the July challenge and here are my details:

Start weight: 9 St 2 lb (128)
    Start measurements:
    Bust: 36
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 39
    Waist to Height Ratio 0.5 (I am only 5 ft 2)
    BMI: 23.2

End of July targets:
    Weight: 8st 12 (124)
    Bust: the same!!
    Waist: 30″
    Hips: 38″
    Waist to Height Ratio: under 0.5
    BMI: anything less

I am quoting my measurements this month as it’s about time the weight came off my torso and not mainly my legs and arms as seems to have happened! I would so like to drop a dress size! I realise for some of you my target weight and measurements seem small but this is because I have been on this wol for six months now and pretty well reaching my end goal. I am finding it harder as the weeks go on with the weight more stubborn to shift as I near my optimum weight. I realise I have to reduce my TDEE each time I lose weight and some days I find it hard. So, this is why I am up for yet another monthly challenge. I need the morale boosts, sympathies, tips, and advice all given so freely on this forum – without it I suspect I would have thrown in the towel a couple of months back!

Looking forward to helping create Lardy Lad! By my reckoning his brother (or sister?) the Crisco Kid weighed in at 45.6 pounds. He could have been bigger but we lost some challengers along the road and only 12 out of 23 challengers recorded their monthly loss. Here’s hoping everyone this month stays the course!

Thirdtime, in case you missed it, please check my last post in the June Challenge.

Keeeep Loooosing!
    Up

Hello Little Voices

I would like to join please. I go on holiday on 31 July and want to lose 8 lbs by then so 2 lbs a week. I have lost 1 lb already this week.

Good luck to everyone 🙂

Oop sorry TTL I just saw you had started the thread!!! 🙂

Hi, all. Thanks so much for doing this, Third Time Lucky!

Last month I lost 5.5 lbs — my goal was 5 — and I was delighted to be able to shove all of them off onto the Crisco Kid. I’m hoping to add 5 lbs to Lardy Lard!

(P.S. I’m in Toronto, Canada)

Upa, I was late to post results for June (only posted July 1st), so if my 1.5 June lbs weren’t added to the Crisco Kid, he finally weighed in at a lumpy 47.1 lbs.

Hi DJ, I did include your loss plus the others who reported back on 1 July (I was very mindful of the time differences across the pond). So, the Crisco Kid remains at 45.6 pounds. Let’s see if we can get Lardy Lad to weigh more!

Second fast of the week for me today then off to St Andrews tomorrow to play golf. I am playing in an open competition on the Jubilee course on Saturday and my very dear husband has treated me to a practice round tomorrow. We will both play on a smaller course on Sunday, so quite a few calories should be burned off over the weekend! I am just praying that the warm spell of weather we are having doesn’t develop into thunderstorms.

Happy Independence Day to all our US Little Voices – I believe Friday is a public holiday for you when 4 July falls on a Saturday, so nice long weekend.

Have a great weekend all others wherever you are !

Up

Hi Up, so jealous of the golf venues you will be playing this weekend, how wonderful! I will be playing tomorrow on my day off for the July 4 th “celebrations”. I say that because I’m English living in the States, so what do I celebrate 😉 Still nice to get a day off work. Just read your stats and you are where I want to be in a few months, we are the same height. I was there 3 years ago for my daughters wedding and I vowed never to go back, but here I am AGAIN loosing the same 20 lbs that I have putting on and taking off my whole life! I think (hope) that this might be something that I can live with as a WOL. All this online support and successes drive me on. I feel in control again. Thank you all.

Hi Ladies,

Count me in for the July challenge. I had a whopping 1.5 pounds for June, but as long as it was downward, that’s what matters. I am pretty much doing the fine tuning at this point. I would like two more pounds lost for July so that when I bloat during “that time of the month,” I will bloat up to my goal weight instead of over it.

Good luck everyone!

Hey everyone, thanks to Up for leading us last month amd tp thirdtime for starting this thread, ‘lardy lad’, love it! I am going to aim for 5lb in July.

Didn’t quite do it in June so refocusing for some lard contribution. Best of luck everyone 🙂

Greetings from New Zealand, this is day 3 for me on 5:2, I have just found this amazing web site and the 5:2 Fast Diet, spent all day Wednesday reading up on the “rules and processes” and I’m quite excited. I’m a guy, so first off are guys allowed to join your July group challenge?

I’m starting my mission at 93.3kgs (205lbs I think that converts) I want to drop 4kgs (9lbs) in July as a starter and my total goal is getting to 78kgs (172lbs) by Christmas (22 weeks) which equates to 1.5lbs per week. I think this will be achievable but I am open to any comments from you experts if you think 6lbs per month is too ambicious. It’s Friday morning (3 July) in this part of the world at the moment so I have a day start on some of you. Look forward to hearing and sharing with you all. Take care out there. Mike

Hi Mike

achievable!!!! I’m down 40 lbs from 21 January to 30 June – though I’m up three pounds in July already – family celebrations to blame! Back in the saddle tomorrow!

Don’t sweat the small stuff, the journey down is a trend, ups and downs. Best advice I can give is count calories until you know how much you are eating, work out your TDEE – see how to on the site, and try to stay under that if you can – most of the time – this is not a diet it is a way of life, but it has to be part of life, so be kind to yourself. And write down your plan and your goals, a plan is only a plan when it is written down – just saying where you want to be is the idea – the plan will help you to get there!

Hi Mike:

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Wow, what a lovely response to the July challenge. Some new names along with familiar ones, we even have a bloke joining us ladies – so keep the language pretty!
    Mike you are more than welcome to join us, we are all in the same boat here trying to lose weight, and to get healthy at the same time. 1.5 lbs a week is doable, in fact Dr M says that men lose more weight faster than women.
    I personally stick to The Fast Diet book, and find it works for me without too much pressure. For all the newbies on this thread, you might want to download the ‘myfitnesspal’ app to help counting calories, even doing it for a couple of weeks will help to envisage what size portions are calorie wise. Also, myfitnesspal gives a lower TDEE for your measurements, which I try to stick to, then if I go over I don’t beat myself up as I am still lower than the TDEE given by the fast diet.

Today has been the 4 th fast dayI have not eaten anything till 6pm. I am finding it much easier. Tickled pink to find after toting up my calories, I have only eaten 310 for the day. I had poached salmon with a big salad, followed by strawberries and raspberries topped with Greek yogurt. Gave my other half 1/4 of my salmon as it was too much for me. My stomach is definitely shrinking, and now I am listening to it, instead of eating till I pop!

I shall collate everyone’s details tomorrow on a spreadsheet, so if you want to say where you live, it’s nice to know this has gone global. If you’re fasting tomorrow, have a great day, and remember it’s just one day at a time!

Hi TTL

Already put on three of last months 5 lb loss in two days, had a great day with son on his birthday and a wonderful day out in Geordieland yesterday, but its certainly not the end of the world, it will come back off within the week, I’m sure – put me down for 5 lbs – which means I have to lose 8 in total – otherwise I could spend the next year losing the same 5 lbs. Fast beach diet this month, so half a bottle of wine to finish before midnight – then just one bottle of champagne for wedding anniversay next week – some things are sacrosanct – and and that’s it for six weeks!!! I do love a good plan!

Phenomenal amount for last month, almost 50 lbs for 12 people is wonderful – that’s one lardy kid gone – this months baby will be even bigger!!!! Lardy lad, great name – everyone, go and look at a packet of lard – then imagine a few of them leaving your body – I do hope he grows into a fine big lad!!!!

Please count me in too. Quite new to all of this. Counting in kg ang planning to lose 2.5 which is about 5lb. Pre July starting weight 113.6 kg. looking forward to staying strong and getting fitter each week. X x

Hi all, I completed my second fast..and had a long walk on the beach..so hoping to see a result.
    I’m from Ireland ..Donegal . Looking forward to breakfast ..

Fast day went well yesterday. I’m trying to keep calories to 1200 on non fast days.
    I’m from Queensland, Australia and a mother to 3 girls. Still at home with the youngest for another year or so yet and find that my diet is very very good or very very bad. I’ve lost about 16 kgs since the beginning of the year (on my own healthy eating plan) and only have a few more to go. I find the fast diet very motivating but have only been fasting one day a week so far. I really want to up my game to twice a week. It doesn’t sound like such a big ask but some days I just can’t face it. Thanks for setting up the challenge. It’s just what I need.

Thanks TTL for the encouragement and kind words, I have found MFP site and have set myself up in there, great tracking records, I’m a high detail personality so enjoy this stuff and it certainly helps to keep focus on the outcomes. Take care, Mike

Yeah! another challenge to keep me on my toes!
    I don’t have internet at lake, so just back in now… catching up. Well done June Voices!
    I lost 5 last month, but put me down for just 3 lb in July.
    Dithering back and forth re #….. concerned [understandably 😉 haha ] about taking away tooooo much belly flab pre August as surgeon has important plans to put it to much better use [we are all about environmental recycling out here — any way we can, so it does not get much better than repurposing your own little puddle of jello to a higher calling], and I want to make sure there is enough to go around! 🙂
    BTW, I am from the middle of beautiful BC, where we are having a hot dry heat wave already.
    Typing in a frenzy to get my name onto your fabulous new Lardo Lad spreadsheet in time TTL….
    Thanks Upa for last month and good idea to focus on measurements too.
    night all

Good morning everyone, and welcome to the July challenge. Will enjoy getting to know you all a little bit as time goes on. Who would have thought a load of body fat would have joined us all together. Great believer in Karma, and we are all here to help and support one another.

I had a good fast day yesterday. Didn’t eat anything till 6pm, then was full after just 310 cals. Weigh in this morning came in at 9st 13 3/4lbs. Yeeeee! I’m in the nines! That’s my half lb gone left from June, and 1/4 lb gone into July challenge. Started today with grilled bacon and two poached eggs. Celebratory breakfast! This is where I have to go steady, as it’s very easy for me to say, I have done well, so I can have a piece of cake, or a pie. Apart from not really needing stuff like that, I have to now be mindful that I have an allergy to wheat. I have stayed off carbs for a couple of weeks now and am sure this is contributing to consistent weight loss. I find now I can say no to treats without too much pain! (Except Magnums!)

Looking back to when I started this way of eating, I eliminated one food at a time from my diet that was high calorie, and no nutrition , and gave it a week. Then another food etc. it’s surprising how I don’t miss these foods at all, I now replace with fruit or raw veg when I feel a snack coming on.

Anyway, I’ve rambled enough for today, so good eating everyone, think about one thing you are eating that’s not good for you, and sling it out the door. Gone for good! Here comes the weight loss!

Hi all. Did the first July Friday weigh-in and lost 0.9 kg which is technically 1.8 lb but I’m counting it as 2. Whoo hoo! That’s 5kg (11lb) since I started 4 weeks ago. I’ve got a lot to lose so I know it’s going to slow down at some point but it’s been a great start. In it for the long term. Hope u all have good results this week.
    Ps I’m near salisbury UK

Hi. TTL

A first for me, threw out wine!!!! Valiant attempt to finish the bottle – opened Wednesday but three glasses in there – before midnight.

Then decided pointless – took one glass to bed and threw the rest away. One small step – now I sound like an alcoholic!

Anyway, scales were still unkind, 4lbs up on end of June figure. Wow, in 2 days, and I didn’t even eat beyond my old normal. But onwards and downwards, anyone who has been doing 5:2 will know it will come off smartish, so I’ll let you know when, and then hopefully a few pounds for Larry lad.

First day of FBD, doing a water fast today. There, I’ve written it down, so know I can’t fanny around and change my mind, off to read the book now, there are exercises to be done!

Good luck to anyone fasting today!!!

Morning all had my first July weigh in today and I am down 2 lbs. Really pleased as I was away last weekend and felt as if I had over indulged!

Hope you are all enjoying the fab weather. It is boiling in London as I am sure it us everywhere!

Until next week 🙂

Great start, everyone! And Third, thank you for your motivational words!

Since my descent into chocolate/peanut butter fantasyland 2 days this week, I whipped myself back into the right frame of mind, and am stepping up from 16:8 to the Fast 5 (19 hour daily fast, 5 hour eating window Dow). Just for 2 weeks, until vacation starts. And I will still have a sensible refeed day.

I will weigh tomorrow and Sunday, and see what damage I did, and if no loss, I will wait until next weekend.

Good fasting, fatless friends!

Hi everyone, greetings from New Zealand, it’s Saturday morning here, had first weigh in since 1/07, dropped 1.5kg (3.3lbs) after 2 fast days plus no alcohol (wine) since 1/07 also, feeling really good, have done 3 x 20 minutes sessions on treadmill as well, body adjusting slowly to that but it’s already starting to feel good after finishing. I realise a good proportion of initial weight reduction will be fluid in the first week or two so expect to slow down soon but first months goal (6lbs) looking good after first few days. Onwards and upwards….

Hi All, Ed here (M) Greetings from Guildford area, UK. anyone nearby?
    A new start today on the 5:2 or maybe the 4:3. never been on these forums before so all exciting and great to get the combined efforts of everyone. 18st 6lbs and aiming for 16st.
    A poached egg on a pita bread for breakfast. Cycle later and lots of water.
    We can do this well done to everyone for keeping going however far we are into our individual journeys. One step at a time. All the postings are so inspirational and love to read them.

Good morning all from wet and windy Scotland! Do hope the rest of you are getting July summer weather.
    Wasn’t the tennis great yesterday, well done to Heather Watson, def one to watch. Felt I was part of the crowd jumping up and down on the settee and yelling at the screen. ( that was the sum total of my exercise yesterday!)

Welcome Ruthyh and Herewego. Great to have you join us.

Lesson to learn here ( for me). Don’t think because a piece of cake is gluten free, that it is calorie free! It isn’t! And my scales this morning prove it! I somehow (very easily) managed to eat above my TDEE slightly yesterday, and have paid the price. I so easily get into this silly mindset that because I have done well on FD I can have a treat! Well I can, if I want to undo all my good work.

Having updated my tracker my calorie allowance has dropped by 20, so now am on 1534 TDEE. All these little changes do add up, and it is important to track this regularly, or the weight loss is bound to slow down after a while. I suggest reading Dr M ‘s book to get the details of how this works. For me I find following the book (which is now my bible) keeps me on the straight and narrow. Also, I am a slow and steady person. I tried 4:3 once, but found it hard, and why put myself under stress when this WOE is for the rest of my life.

Well done everyone on your weight loss – the Lardy Lad is standing on his own two feet and wants to run around, so let’s oblige and give him more! Have a great weekend all.

Hello all. TTL, in case you don’t have the info, I’m from Montreal, Canada.

Just had a few sobering moments with my scale – I’m up 1.5 lbs, so now my July goal needs to be 4.5 lbs.

It is all fine and good to say, hey I’m on holiday, it’s Jazz Fest and I need some slack, but did I really need to consume a total of 2 bottles of Prosecco over 4 days?(not to mention at least one nightly drink at whichever music venue we were at). Nor did I really need to inhale close to 400 grams of Oka cheese, with untold amounts of crackers and wine during a waterfront picnic with friends yesterday. I think I am pretty fortunate that the resulting gain was only 1.5 lbs – I attribute that to the fact that I am doing an average of 30,000 steps a day (love the fitbit) during my vacation, and I have started back running 5 days a week and weight training 3-5 times a week.

Plan – continue in vacation mode but stop backsliding to foods such as cheese and crackers. Limit the alcohol intake (I’m usually not this crazy, but it is Jazz Fest) for the rest of the vacation and continue with the pretty vigorous exercise plan that I am on. Don’t think I want to post measurements this month. I am pretty sure that to get to my goal of 125 lbs, I will need to participate in an August challenge as well. so I will do measurements next month. Welcome to all everyone who has signed up to turn Lardy Lad into a great big blubbery boy!

Hi all, new to the forum but have been fasting since February 2012. Since then have gone from around 11 stone to just above 9 stone in Sept 2014 (I dont weigh myself very often). But I struggle during the winter with a less active lifestyle (I live in NW Ireland Donegal Hi bigmarie) so lots of comforting food like mashed potatoes and cauliflower cheese! I think I’ve gained around 8 lbs and would love to join the July challenge to shed around 6 of those lbs. I have a friends 50th in Sweden last weekend of July so am hoping to get into that cute party dress where I feel good and enjoy wearing it.
    My measurements at 5ft 3″
    Bust 38″
    Waist 31″
    hips 40″
    I’ll report on these at the end of the month and be sure to weigh myself over the coming weeks to add to the blubber bin!
    Look forward to getting to know you all

Hi there
    Love to join in on the challenge for July been doing 5.2 for 12 weeks and lost 22lb so far lost 2lb already this month so would like to lose another 4lb.
    Lynda.

Hi DJ, great that you are joining us again, and it’s the sobering moments that make you realise how fattening some foods are. Still, with this WOL you can still have those lovely cheeses etc, just much smaller amounts. It will all come good again, especially with all your exercising too. Have you tried Dr M’s HIT method yet? I get my exercises over with in 4 minutes daily. But then I’m not an exercise person, and like to get it over and done with.
    Welcome RUBYLILY AND LYNDA9123, great to see you here.

There are 19 of us now in the challenge and our total projected weight loss is 97 lbs by the end of July. A great weight for Lardy Lad to take away, and leave us with lots of health benefits too!

Great result Action Hero 3.3lbs since the first. I can see you will be keeping all us ladies on our toes!

Well done Milena, throwing wine down the sink – yikes – we have one serious, determined lady here. I tried buying the half bottles as OH Doesn’t drink at all, but found it not cost effective as I always wanted more and ended up opening a second one! So now I don’t open a bottle unless we have company, and they help me drink it. To be honest I have gone right off wine now, but still enjoy a sneaky G & T occasionally
    Speaking of which I think a G & T will go down well watching Andy Murray at Wimbledon. I can pretend we are having all that lovely sunshine in Scotland even though we are NOT!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hey all!
    I’ve jumped on 5:2 for the first time in July. Had my first fast day the second and my second fast day today – I had 750calories but still gonna count it as a win considering it’s only my second attempt. Hopefully my third attempt will be even more successful, as I’ve calculated what I’m eating already!
    My stats are:
    110 kilos
    173 cm tall
    20 year kid student
    Hoping to lose 5 kilos as in expecting an initial water loss plus I’m gonna weigh in after fast days
    Hope we all have great succes this month!

Hi TTL

such a downpour this morning! Garden is green though!

I’m quite proud that I ditched the wine, wasn’t easy, and only because I couldn’t drink it before midnight – I find when I write down a plan I do well, and the plan said no wine from 3rd July for six weeks. I find when I make plans, and write down the steps to get there, no problems. Just have to stop taking wee breaks though, my downfall.

Hello everyone… I’m new to this forum and thinking it might be fun to join this thread.

I’m 142lbs and would like eventually to get down to about 132lbs – I was there a couple of years ago, but let it slip up again….

I can’t be active, so this is on diet alone.
    Therefore I’m only aiming for about a half lb a week.
    So 2lbs – maybe 3lbs – this month.

Bit more about me, well I’m in my early 50s, and am mother to 4 adult “children”!
    I have a frustrating illness called ME, which means my body reacts very badly to any phsyical exertion (and often also to mental exertions).

I’ve done 4 fast days since starting this diet, after listening to the Audio version of the 5:2 diet book. So far so simple! 😛

Well, I was feeling quite proud of myself after my efforts so far this week. A successful fast day and two Zumba sessions. This is where things turned pear-shaped (ironically similar to my body) and a non-fast day few treats descended into a cookie feast, followed by ice-cream and Mexican for dinner. Oh dear! I feel awful today. A headache, tired and bloated. It’s amazing the way food effects our bodies.
    I’m back to 1200 cals today and a fast day tomorrow. Planning to weigh in Saturday. Hoping yesterday didn’t set me back too far.

DJ, I would have definately thought a Jazz fest called for a generous supply of wine and cheese! I’m impressed you clocked up 30 000 steps. I wear my Fitbit too but have never done that many steps. Good for you.

Well done first few days, ladies! Even those who didn’t lose, consider that you got your little treats in on the weekend, and have cleared a path for a clean week!

With my earlier week indulgence, I only touted a loss of .2 lbs. I won’t even weigh today, since, although I completely fasted for 20 hours yesterday, I spent the holiday at my late boyfriend’s family picnic. I didn’t eat or drink there at all, but when I got home, I had a couple handfuls of nuts with dark chocolate chips mixed in. So clear the week for me, too! And I feel like crap this morning. Why do we not learn??

I also benefit from rereading my favorite fasting life books. Currently, it is “Why We Get Fat, and What to Do about it”, by Gary Taubes. Here is a quote that I repeat often:

” The point to remember is that you don’t lose fat because you count calories; you lose fat because you stop eating foods that make you fat- carbohydrates.”

Maybe I should interject “chocolate” I to that sentence, eh?!

Almost forgot, I did have a wonderful shopping experience yesterday. Fit into size 9 juniors jeans, plus they were on clearance for $8! So bought 2 pair. Also bought my first pair of high, high heeled wedges! And a snazzy little dress at a craft festival last night!

Like I told my sister, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! Well, almost nothing!

My month hasn’t gone well so far! No move on the scales, so I reasoned it was probably all the water weight because I’d (although still within my tdee) eaten a lot of starchy carbs the day before and I’d read somewhere that every gram of carbs comes with 3g of water weight. But then I went out in the evening and my self control went out of the window. Ate well but drank a lot of calories and then under the influence, bought a mcdonalds! I was proud that I only ate half though. Today I logged it as my breakfast (!) and am determined to try and stick to my tdee today. Also my fitbit told me that I burnt a hell of a lot of calories dancing, so I’m trying to be positive! Well done all. 🙂

Welcome Keela and charliehh. The aim is for us all to project our July weight loss and collectively load up Lardy Lad and boot him out the door at the end of the month, and have fun along the way. Will add you to the list.

Well, we all seem to suffer from weekend blowouts. We had impromptu bar b q (inside) yesterday followed by plum and cherry hazelnut crumble and yogurt. Thought I would not have the crumble, just the fruit. Yeh right! It was in my mouth without a second thought! And on the scales today. My visit to the ‘nines’ was very brief and my fast day tomorrow will be a toughy to try and unload it all.
    However, this is what is so good about the FD as we can have those little treats, then just get back on the wagon. The trick is not having too many of them. A treat is something I allow myself just once a week (she says tongue in cheek – I’ve had three of them this week) so I can’t blame the scales. I have to put my willpower hat on again and try harder. So, don’t beat yourselves up about it – just try really hard next FD and gradually things will start to change.

Well done fitnfast, it’s great to be able to wear smaller clothes isn’t it?

Break from Wimbledon today so I have no excuse – back to the decorating and get it finished. It’s only one little room, but the whole house seems to be in turmoil! Enjoy your Sunday all, back to FD tomorrow.

Oh, and do hope our friends over the water had a great 4th July!

It is nice to read that we are all in the same boat, and that when we start sinking I to temptation, we have friends to help keep us afloat!

I couldn’t resist getting on the scale this morning, in a sense to “punish” myself for my sweet tooth debacle last night…And I was down another .2! I guess the 20 hour fast and only chicken salad for “breakfast” offset the munchies! I don’t know if that is good or bad. Hope I don’t rationalize my next binge with that fact!

So, add a total of .4 to Mr Lard-ass! And he is welcome to it!

And I was wondering…I’m not on Facebook much anymore, but it would be nice to be able to post pics and such. What do you all think of starting a “Challenge” group?

Fitnfast, why not join us on Facebook? we have our own select group. Click on my name to find out how. Plus anyone else who is interested 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply.