Little Voices – July challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – July challenge

This topic contains 290 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  Coda 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 251 through 291 (of 291 total)

• Good morning campers!!! how are we doing today? I have a smile on my face this morning as all my efforts have shown a reduction of 1 lb, taking me to 9st 11lbs. which is exactly 1 stone gone since starting this fantastic WOL. I started at the end of January so it has taken me 6 months to get here. I checked my old diet regime and to lose my first stone took me almost 1 year, so success in half the amount of time! and I don’t really feel that I have sacrificed too much, unlike the other regime. Knowing that I will continue with this ad infinitum is kind of reassuring that I needn’t increase weight again ever, unlike before when I put on a stone so quick I hardly blinked!
    So, taking Actions advice I am rewarding myself with a hair cut this morning, followed by lunch out with OH, when I know I will be circumspect as I have no intention of letting those lovely numbers go back up again.
    well, we have lots of zeros on the spread sheet for this week to date – not really what I was looking for on the last week, but hey, lots better than the plus signs, so well done you all for not gaining! Final, final push for the last few days now, Lardy is sitting at 75lbs collectively for the month so far – what can we get him to?………..
    OMG Upagumtree – you had me drooling just reading what you could have for breakfast! I’m sure you could not even get half that into your tiny frame. You will have to run around the course to unload that lot. Have a great time on your birthday and hope the sun shines (and please avoid the puddles!) Hope we can get together again soon.
    DJ – the wagon is still rolling along, so just jump on again.
    Pinkdodo – Very well done for unloading 5lbs in one month, and we’re not finished yet! That is quite an achievement!
    MaryWWriter – Oh dear, I guess that’s what getting loved up does for you. Married life obviously suits you – I found it’s easy to cook for four, even when there is only two of us and had to adjust my portions considerably. Stick with us, it will come off again.
    Action – What can I say – you are such an inspiration to us on this thread, and your reductions are amazing. Well done – keep doing what you are doing! You are definitely in line for the Chocolate Fish!
    Everyone else lurking and reading – if you can let me have your final tally by the weekend (time zones accounted for) and I can let you all know how much Lardy Lad will be taking with him this month. Got a feeling he will be carrying a suitcase too!
    Good luck for the final four days – you can do it!!!!

I started on a Tuesday, so my loss for this week is another 1.6 lbs to donate to Lardy Lad. Yesterday I had a super NSV as I was able to wear a pair of jeans which couldnt zip up a month ago. What an amazing feeling that was – worth every snack which I didn’t eat!!! Have a great reducing day everyone.

Well done TTL that is fantastic. I weigh on a Friday so my final weigh in for the month will be this week 31 July! I will be going on holiday for a month then so I am really determined to maintain or indeed go down a few pounds as I will be doing a lot of swimming and cycling (weather permitting)!.

Well done to everyone else as well. Looking forward to hearing the final weigh in for Lardy Lad this weekend πŸ™‚

Hello, everyone! I have one more fast day this week so I’ll wait to see how it ends up, but I’m hopeful I will have at least a little to contribute. This is my third week and it’s been sort of slow going but I have noticed in the past I often have a lag time before things kick in. I’ve been exercising more, too…

Last night I realized I’d previously fallen for the oldest trick in the book. On fast days I often eat a frozen dinner because it’s clear-cut on the calories, etc, and I don’t have to spend as much time in the kitchen, which is a trigger for me. One of these dinners had two servings in the calorie counter!!!! I’d checked some of the others but not this one. Lesson learned….

I’m finding caffeine helps on fast days and drinking lemon water, exercising. I’m hoping to become more mindful on non-fast days. I think that is where I need to improve…..any other tips?

It’s great to read about Scotland and all the other places. We are still extremely hot and muggy here in North Carolina! I did a two hour walk last Friday, starting around 9 am and I was totally drenched by the end…..so that is a challenge. But I’m still motivated to go for it. I may try to get up on water skis by the end of the summer. Last summer was the first time I’ve tried and not been able to. This summer my sister in law, who is in similar shape, got up, so I think I may give it a try! It would make me feel great to accomplish that. However I didn’t feel remotely close last year…..

Hi TTL, I’m another lb down from last week, so that’s a total of 4, I promised 6. I’ll try my darnedest to get there by the 31st! Thanks for all the positive vibes everyone. It’s really helping me stay on track over the weekends when I typically collapse in a jelly of unresolveness, (is that a word??). I think a pound a week is not bad so I’m pretty happy with the results so far. Diz

Hi TTL and all,
    Well, drumroll please, another pound lost this week, which takes me to 5 pounds off of the 6 pounds which was my target for the month…(and it’s only the 29th, who knows?)
    It is great having the monthly challenge to help keep on track…the thought of a spectral TTL, Upagumtree and Action Hero hovering above the fridge keeps me going (if not perhaps quite sane!) TTL you have a been fantastic leader.
    I sliced the top of my finger harvesting watercress the other day, blood everywhere – well a girl’s got to do what she can to meet those month end targets, hasn’t she (although cutting off one’s anatomy seems a little severe… healing well now!)
    Fast day today, good luck to all who are fasting and those who aren’t.
    Kate Eve xx

SW 139 CW 119.2 lbs GW 125 lbs.

Slight misunderstanding as the posts below mine on page 5 seemed to imply that I had written a spam post! However, it appears that the offending post has been deleted and the posts afterwards do not refer to me!

So my contribution to the Crisco Kid in the June Challenge was: 3.6 lb

I started July on 125.0 lb
    Current Weight is 119.2 lb

So my July contribution to the Lardy Lad = 5.8 lb

27 April Start Weight 139 lbs Goal Weight 125 lbs Current Weight 120.6 lb

No longer entering everything I consume on Calorie Count – feel as if I’m on holiday!

Good Luck everyone!

After being stalled for a couple of weeks, I finally had a move in the right direction on the scales just in time to post my July contribution of 5.3lb.

Very pleased as for a couple of weeks things were very static and, if anything, going upwards. One month down and I’m very happy with the way this is headed!

Good luck everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I am finishing off my July at the same weight i was last week….a 2.1kg loss

The past 10 days have been a bit up and down for me as i have found out that i am pregnant! an unexpected blessing but now i do not know what to do about fasting and whatnot (and just when i was getting on a roll!!!) I will chat to my doctor about it next week and see if i can join the August challenge but i have a feeling he will tell me not to do it πŸ™

Congratulations, lolo! Yes, I think you are done with fasting, but you can be here with us in spirit, and spur us on! And you can use what you know about good eating habits during your pregnancy.

Congratulations lolo!
    No more loss for me I’m afraid. So 5lbs in July, 15 to date. πŸ™‚ well done everyone, see you in August! Xxx

Ahh congratulations lolo, that’s really lovely news.

Thanks TTL for being a great voice of support throughout this month, how quick did that go? Woosh. I have really enjoyed everyones updates and Mike you have very helpful words, hope to read more of your words in August.

Final reduction for me 4 lb.

Here we are, last day of July and the reductions are now rolling in fast and furious.
    Wow, Lolo, we’ve had an elopement marriage, two engagements and now a pregnancy on this thread this month! That has left me with lots of good feelings about my stint at leading Little Voices. A bit like Four Weddings and a Funeral!!! Lots of congratulations to you and your OH. Seem to remember Dr M covered fasting whilst pregnant in his book. Will check that out for you and post later.

I have managed a meagre 1/4 lb off after my second fast yesterday. A little disappointing as I was hoping to make 9st10lbs for the month, but after the struggle I had getting into the nines, I am more than happy with my 3.3/4lb off during July, just a 1/4lb short of my pledge, and with August challenge to look forward to am on target for my next milestone of 9.1/2 stone.

Lots of posts coming in now, so hopefully by the end of the day we will be booting a very large Lardy out the door! Will let you all know the results when I have all the numbers. Have a great day everyone. TTL

Hi TTL
    Just wanted to add my lightness to the total. On weigh in this morning I am 0.5 kg or 1 lb lighter. That makes my total for July 2.9kg or 6 lbs lighter. My target was 2.5 kg or 5lb so I’m very pleased.
    I’ve been on a bit of a down since hitting my first stone target as things are getting a bit slower. But when you see the monthly target met along with everyone else getting lighter, it has given me the boost I needed for the August challenge.
    Thanks everyone. I’ve enjoyed the posts. Thanks TTL for organising it. Look forward to seeing all that weight on Lardy Lad! See you all on the August challenge.
    Ruthy πŸ™‚

Congratulations Lolo! As TTL says, we are full of happy news in this thread. I tend to think your doctor will not be thrilled with the idea of you fasting, but you are now gaining the knowledge to make the absolute best choices nutritionally for you and the baby. There must be some additional calculation that can be done for you TDEE that takes into account your passenger.

Well done everyone who is reporting losses. I know I won’t have time to weigh myself at the gym today, so I had to use my bathroom scale again. Stupid thing, according to it I have been the identical weight for at least 10 days… um don’t think so. For today though, I have to report no further loss according to my scale, which means my total loss for the month was 3.5 lbs. I really refuse to believe this as I have did a b2b fast this week on Tues/Wed put in a 5k run everyday for a week and have been alternating upper body and lower body workouts each day.

Thanks again for your leadership TTL and I guess [scuffing toes and feeling generally petulant πŸ™‚ ] I’m going to have to congratulate Mike on his fine chocolate fish!

Type to you all in August.

Thanks so much TTL for moderating this wonderful effort. And congrats to Lolo. How exciting. There’s nothing like a new baby — my husband’s son and his wife gave birth to a little girl 10 days ago and she is just a little treasure. (I also know how hard it is on the moms, particularly, but the rest of the world is grateful to you!)

I am delighted to be able to contribute three pounds to Lardy. I was aiming for five, but since I went up 3 pounds after our wedding (I kept to my fast days, but definitely overdid it on the NF days!) this is a big win for me. The total for me since starting 5:2 at the end of April is 20 lbs. Nice “round” number!

I’m ready for the August challenge.

Thanks for letting me join in late and thanks for organizing this. It helps to have someone to answer to…..

I can contribute 1.5 pounds to Lardy. I didn’t make my goal but I’m glad to go in the right direction and I feel that I’m in much better shape and my clothes fit better and I look better. I’ve stepped up the exercise, including some weights, so I hope that is playing a role in the slow loss. Also, as I said earlier I began some new meds in June and I think I’m still adjusting to that. Anyway, if I lose only half a pound a week, I’ll still be happy!!!! I think it is very sustainable for me!!! And hopefully, things will kick into gear and the rate will increase a little bit at least. I’ll definitely sign up for August, especially since we have a vacation to California in there that I will need to navigate.

Congratulations on the weddings, babies, vacations, etc…..so much to celebrate. Life is good.

Hi all from a wild donegal in Ireland.
    Had a terrific holiday in Sweden. Wonderful 50th birthday party which will be even more memorable as there was a surprise marriage proposal during it – not me! Really recommend it as a holiday destination very friendly nation with great food.
    Good news I kept my 4lbs for the lad – helped by fasting on my travel days and doing lots of sightseeing on foot. So although I’d hoped for 6lbs for July, 4lbs with a holiday proves this approach works for me.
    Well done everyone and lovely to be part of everyone’s life events. Roll on august and lets make mine a 6lbs target.
    Rubylily

Hello all and congratulations to those who eloped, got engaged, got married, got pregnant and oh yes almost forgot reduced their weight!!!!! Well my final week didn’t go as planned but still managed 7lbs for the month. My goal was 8lbs so I am very pleased. Thanks TTL for organising. I am down 10lbs since 22 June and I have just started my month long holiday (yeah) so my August target is to maintain at the very least (could be difficult!)

WOW – just look at all these weight reductions coming in for July! Great work everyone – at the moment I have logged the losses to date (with more to follow later) and we are up to 26.45lbs for the final week of July, totalling 88.0lbs for the month – wow! what an effort. And great work too for those of you that stayed the same. Those of you that had a + on the scales – don’t fret about it – just get back on the wagon and try again, you know it makes sense, and will make such a difference to your health. Stick with us, we’ll help you through it on the August challenge.

I know I am polishing my halo again but just to let you know that I only measure myself at the end of the month, pleased to report I have reduced my waist measurement by 2 inches this month! Yeh!!! that’s a massive 5 inches gone from my waist and 1 stone in weight since end of January!

So – to try and reply to all your posts will mean I am still here at midnight! so won’t bore you all, but individually please know that it has been a pleasure getting to ‘cyber know’ you all during July, and hope we can all keep the connection going during August under the leadership of Fitnfast. I have a feeling I shall have to up my exercise to keep up with you Fit – but perhaps that is no bad thing! LOL.

Lolo – have checked Dr Ms book and quote from page 155 – Quote’
    WHO ELSE SHOULDN’T FAST –
    Pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers, who should eat according to government guidelines and not limit their calorie intake.’ Unquote.
    That doesn’t mean that you can’t eat healthily and ditch the crap junk food, to give your baby the best start in life, and look after yourself at the same time. Best wishes with the pregnancy, you can still lurk here if you wish, we’d love to have updates on ‘the bump’

So – will check again tomorrow morning for the time zone posters and let you know the final figure for Lardy.

BTW Fit – what is our August blimp going to be called??? TTL

What a great sign off, TTL, and such a great leader, you are going to be a hard act to follow!

So far, Miss Muffin Top may be the one to graciously remove our melting pounds out of here, depending on what the others say.

And what a kick ass month July was! The best yet! Can we top it in August?

Morning all (or evening all) depending where you are in this wonderful world. I have been a little quiet past few days, too much work, too little golf this last week, talk about meant to be semi retired, however it’s good for some pocket money.

Last week’s results for me was a reduction of 0.6kgs, 1.50lbs which indicates a small slowing down however quite pleased with the result.

For the month I reached my revised goal of 14 pounds (for everyone who likes pounds instead of Kgs) I started the month at 93.3kgs and ended on 86.7 for a total of 6.6kgs which converts to 14.5lbs which I believe is 1 stone in the old imperial weight.

I initially wanted to shed 4kgs and achieved this in the first 2 weeks so uped the vision and increased it to 6kgs. The moral of the story is to set your goals, write them down, read them every day, tell people what you want to achieve so they keep you accountable, then just do it.

Now I realise that my eating plan this month has been quite different to everyone elses, I set out to do alternative fast days (14 FD’s per 2 weeks) and kept to this for about 3 of the 4 weeks. I can say quite truthfully that it wasn’t easy every day, some days quite difficult however well worth it at the end of the month and I now have a great platform to achieve my goal for Christmas to be around 75kgs at end of November. So having committed to this to all you wonderfull people I have to now JUST DO IT.

Well done everyone else for your amazing results, reading all your posts makes me feel truely humble being in this group of such dedicated people. There are a couple of lessons to be learned, maybe the most relevant one is the FD can make some people conceive so congratulations Lolo and beware all you other lovely ladies, you never know what bonuses those excess pounds can surprise you with once you shed them LOL

Thanks TTL for your encouragement to everyone, I’ve enjoyed your posts and everyone else who pops on here most days, and I look forward to everyone’s August goals, provided of course I’m still welcomed into this amazing group of people world wide. Take care everyone and we’ll talk again soon and we’ll end with a little thought to end the month:

IF HUNGER IS NOT THE PROBLEM, THEN EATING IS NOT THE SOLUTION

Hi TTL

when they invent time travel, this is a month I ain’t returning to quickly! If it could go wrong, it did, with knobs on, managed to lose the 4 lbs I put on at the beginning ofthe month, so got to zero – plus amazingly another 3 lb for lardy lad – dunno how I did it, discovered I’m a stress eater – though kept off the booze – getting a bottle tomorrow though!

Back on the wagon after the weekend, Action Hero and anyone else doing a dry August – doing an extra fast day tomorrow so can’t drink the bottle until Sunday!

Looking forward to August’s challenge – though looks like lardy lad might be long remembered, well done to everyone!

I will happily try and give my muffin top to our “Miss Muffin Top” :).

hello July group – thanks for fabulous moderating TTL and well done all. I am down another 1 [so 2 total with my up and down this month] and will happily stay at that # til surgery.
    Good luck with Ms Muffin Top in August…. great name and rather hilarious thinking of our gents contributing to that!!! I will take a pass on Aug group, though may lurk and support with positive vibes… [however I am on the wagon with some of you starting Aug 2 until a month post surgery. I do ‘have to’ {ok choose to} imbibe Aug 1 at fierce yearly bocce competition…..I think it helps my game]
    I plan to come back later in Sept sometime, after I’ve started healing from my muffin migrating north to take on the far better role of new cleavage πŸ™‚ I hear there is even a t shirt “heck ya they’re fake! but the real ones tried to kill me” ….
    Cheers for now.

Hi TTL, My stats for July Challenge, i started on 7 July at 136.8 lbs and weigh this morning (much to my amazement) 129.6 lbs, which is a loss of 7.2 lbs, for poor old Lardy Lad. I havent been in the 12s for a year. I am now into jeans which fitted last year but with a carb creep it became impossible to pull up zip. My challenge for August will be to zip up a pair of black jeans, which I think will need a loss of another 5 lbs, so that is my goal for August. It has been so motivating to be part of this challenge, so thanks everyone for your support and inspiring messages, Good luck everyone for your August Challenge.
    Onwards and downwards. JUST LETS DO IT.

Hi TTL, ooh I hope this is not the last post in the July challenge as I so wanted it to end with a loss post. Afraid to say, but not surprisingly after all my excesses this month (holidays, picnics, birthday) I have to report a big fat 0 for Lardy Lad. Also my measurements have stayed exactly the same. Was a yo-yo month for me of gain one week, loss the next. However, at least I didn’t have a gain, gain! It definitely is harder the nearer your target you come and I agree with many others on this challenge that it is the non-fast days which need careful attention. A few days ago I downloaded Myfitnesspal to track my daily calories so hopefully with that, and a quieter social life, August should see me lose, lose again!

Phoebe, very best of luck with the surgery. Lot’s of strength and healing thoughts go out to you. Glad to hear that you will be with us behind the scene and cheering us on from the sidelines!

Well I guess this will be the very last post for Little Voices – July challenge – don’t think I’ve missed anyone out – some have not posted but that’s OK. Maybe August will be their month to partake of this amazing thread and reduce their weight along with the rest of us.
    And the results are in………………

The final week totted up to an amazing 32.65 lbs.
    The final total reduction for July is……Drumroll…..Cymbals crashing..etc etc…. a massive 95.81 lbs (6.84 stones) (43.55 kilo) Yeh!!!!!!! OK Lardy Lad – out you go – never to return, we are all so glad to see the back of your fat arse!

What a team! give yourselves a well done cyber pat on the back from me.
    The magical Chocolate Fish is awarded to……………… Mr Action Hero on reducing his weight by a massive 14.5lbs (6.6 kgs) in one month. Well done Mike – along with all your anecdotes and quotes, you have kept us ladies on our toes. It would be great to have you join us on the August thread. Can’t wait to get started.

You will all see that Fitnfast has the thread set up already in Weight Loss under Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins! do hope to hear from you all on this thread and be showing Miss Muffin Top the door at the end of the month.

Understand Phoebe why you are giving this a break, but great to hear you will still be lurking. What a result eh – being able to use your stomach fat to create new boobs. Have you tried a bra on round your middle yet to get your new bra size – LOL (Sorry – poor taste, but hope you can see the funny side) Know that my thoughts and healing energy are coming your way. This WOL has set you up well for your body meeting this op head on, and look forward to catching up again in September.

Thanks everyone for your comments and looking forward to reading all your positive posts and to build Miss Muffin Top together. Ta Ta for now – TTL

Phoebe on the Lake — I’ll be thinking of you. Been there (although I had six or seven surgeries over a period of 15 years or so to accomplish what you are taking on in one) and the upside is that your topside will always look “perkier” than your age. It’s a lot to go through for that side benefit though. πŸ™‚ Good luck.

Hi TTL, An amazing total for July. We are certainly committed, so it works. Thanks for your excellent mentoring during July. Here’s to Miss Muffin Top receiving even more of our excess lbs at the end of August. Have a great Sunday everyone. Ray

thanks for the well wishes everyone!
    it’s weird i haven’t even told my family about being preggers but i have told my ‘fast’ family lol

i will definitely lurk around and keep up with everyone’s progress and try to eat healthy (as i was on the fast diet)

thanks TTL for double checking the book to see what it says πŸ˜€

and good luck everyone in August!!!

@Third time lucky thank you for doing the July Challenge.

Count me in… June hasn’t been my month thanks to my holiday but I hope to make July one to remember.

Here are my stats:
    Started: 15/05/2017 at 72.2kg
    Target Weight = below 68kg (not decided on the exact number yet)

Loss so far = -2.8kg (holiday in June meant I pretty much only lost -0.3kg for the month)

Target weight end of July = 68kg (being realistic)

Good luck everyone!!

Brand spankin new here- I just weighed myself. It’s my first fast day.

Starting weight: 71.9 kg, 165 cm. I work in a diabetes clinic in Canada- the irony isn’t lost on me. I have a generally positive outlook, however, and I’m hoping to feel more energetic.

My target weight is 60.0 kg give or take, but I’m ok with this not happening right away.

Would someone be so kind as to explain these challenges to me? Is it mostly about sticking to the 5:2 for the month or is there more to it? Who is the Crisco Kid? So many questions.

@xrox and @sandraks you have signed up to a challenge started in 2015! Look out on the June challenge for a link which I will be putting up for the July 2017 challenge – would hate for you to miss out x

That’s hilarious. Thank you for clarifying- didn’t even think to look at the date!

Hello, I have been reading through your thread and I thought your July challenge would be great to join. On Monday I will have been following the 5/2 fast diet for two weeks. So far so good, although I still find myself fretting about calories in / out and really hope that settles down soon πŸ™‚ because the reason I like this approach is because I don’t feel deprived! Anyway I’m not sure how this all works but I and 5 ft 4 and weigh 169 lbs and would like to lose 7 pounds ( I’d like to lose more but in the first 2 weeks I’ve only lost 3 lbs so it’s seems to be kinda slow for me.
    I’m from British Colombia and we are celebrating Canada’s birthday today!
    Look forward sharing the journey and please let me know if I should be doing anything else to join the challenge.
    MJMJ

Hi MJMJ
    Great that you have started 5:2 – I can assure you that it does work having lost nearly 3 stone and come down from size 18 to size 12.
    You have tagged onto this forum from 2016 though. Unfortunately I don’t have the time now to do a daily post as I have now have a job. though I do follow lots of people I’ve met online.
    The follow on from Little Voices is the following:
    Go to Forums.
    You will see JULY 2017 31 day challenge run by CODA in Weight loss
    This is a follow on from my challenges.

Good luck with it – all you have to do is keep on doing it!!! TTL

Thank you so much for letting me know ! Hopefully it works this time. I would like to join the July 2017 challenge not the 2016! I will cut and paste my original post.
    From yesterday….Hello, I have been reading through your thread and I thought your July challenge would be great to join. On Monday I will have been following the 5/2 fast diet for two weeks. So far so good, although I still find myself fretting about calories in / out and really hope that settles down soon πŸ™‚ because the reason I like this approach is because I don’t feel deprived! Anyway I’m not sure how this all works but I and 5 ft 4 and weigh 169 lbs and would like to lose 7 pounds ( I’d like to lose more but in the first 2 weeks I’ve only lost 3 lbs so it’s seems to be kinda slow for me.
    I’m from British Colombia and we are celebrating Canada’s birthday today!
    Look forward sharing the journey and please let me know if I should be doing anything else to join the challenge.
    MJMJ

Hi MJMJ here is the link to the July 2017 challenge – hope to see you there
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/july-2017-31-day-challenge/

Viewing 41 posts - 251 through 291 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply.