Little Voices February love ourselves challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices February love ourselves challenge

This topic contains 207 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  GL502 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 208 total)

• Hi! Checking in on my 6th FD. With travels and friends, it feels like I’m running in place this month weight-wise. It seems like invitations are always falling on my planned FDs, so I’m having to adjust to keep to my Feb FD goal. It means b2b FDs today and tomorrow. We’ll see how that goes.

BillyB it’s probably harder for men than women to decline bday cake. If I get the stink-eye I’ll take a small piece and eat a bite, put it down, and walk to the far side of the room. Odd that your teammates haven’t noticed your success….

I recently re-read Dr. Varady’s book on IF. Her research (in mice) actually found that eating 25% of required calories on FDs was more successful than 0%. She seems to attribute that unexpected finding to maintaining muscle mass which keeps up BMR. (The stricter diet resulted in losses of fat and muscle, so great in short term weight loss, but harder over the long haul.) My exercise had begun to feel very sluggish as I was trying to eat as few calories on FDs as felt okay. So now I’m actually trying to eat a few more calories on to see if my exercise becomes more energetic.

Have a great time at the Edinburgh Tattoo! ST55

Checking in late. Last week I did 4 fast days, and this week 3, including 1 24 hour liquid only fast (medical related). So add 7 to my running total.

So excited that I am only a pound away from my initial goal of 140, and heading down to my first revised goal of 130, and ever closer to my second revision of 120. Never, ever thought I could come this far. IF/LC has saved my sanity and very probably my life.

To celebrate this milestone, big sister aka best friend and I are going away for the weekend for some major retail therapy, and our first ever professional massages, which I set us up for as a surprise for her, because she is so good to me! And yep, I definitely plan to overeat! Then get back to it on Monday!

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Thanks Coda, SweetTooth55, everyone
    for the advice. I think the reality of my little situation about refusing a piece of cake stems from the fact that my coworkers see me as the “office fat guy” – who they’ve known forever, who has eaten more than his fair share of cakes in the past – when people see an unexpected change in behavior – there is a jarring effect associated with it. Changing peoples perceptions takes time, and evolving from the “office fat guy” will take more time. Anyway, I had a lovely chat with the B’day girl yesterday and she was fine – told her about my 5:2 journey, shared a few details. All is well in my little world again.

Folks, have a wonderful weekend, give yourself a little love. For those struggling at the moment – I love this quotation.

“Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.”

Bill.

Week three check in. I’m feeling a lot better about February now that I have 7 fast days under my belt and I’ve been staying slightly under my TDEE on my non fasting days. I may just make my commitment for the month! I’m feeling better mentally and physically. I’ve had a few comments (positive) about my weight loss in the last week that have helped to get me back on track. I know that a few people are thinking that this will be temporary like every other time in the past that I’ve lost weight but this time I’m determined that it will be a permanent thing.

I’m another member of the “coming up on 60” club! My birthday is in October and on my last birthday I pledged that I would be sensational at 60. This lifestyle and this accountability group are helping me to keep that pledge. We can do it, ladies!

Wow, Q1. I guess if you can sustain extended water fasts then good on you. I initially stuck to the 5:2 regime as per the book for the first few months just to get me in the groove. I then tried having all my calories at one meal on a FD and found that this suited me best. It means I get a better nights sleep. This I find sustainable, and can see me doing it for the rest of my life. Even if I did water fast only I think I would have a mental block and not be able to see it through. So rather than try it (when not really necessary for me) and be disappointed in myself if I couldn’t do it. Each to their own, I guess, but do remember, 5:2 is a way of life, not just to drop a lot of weight quickly.
    Well done Fit – another milestone reached. Just keep doing it – you will get there!
    Well done too Bill. I have the excuse that I have a wheat intolerance, so I don’t get the problems you have. Sharing your journey with someone, and getting them onside is a good move. It’s good to have someone cheering you on from the sidelines.
    Do hope you had a great night at the Tattoo Action. The skirl of the pipes always sends shivers up my spine. We have some lovely village pipe bands in our area that play at regular events. It’s great seeing the youngsters pumping the bag whilst slowly turning red in the face. Lol.
    Well, I seem to have landed on yet another plateau. Four weigh ins and I haven’t budged. So close to target, it’s really annoying. At the rate I’m going I won’t have lost anything during February. I am still doing my usual two fasts per week, and staying under TDEE on other days. Maybe I’m waiting for the Whoosh! to finish off the month. Out for OH birthday lunch on Sunday, so I will probably skip breakfast to compensate.
    Love all these posts we’re getting during February. Think we have some budding authors in our midst!
    Have a great weekend all. Onwards and downwards. TTL

19 Days into my 14th Month on 5:2 and I have to say this is the worst month I’ve experienced since I started this pattern of eating. I have stuck to strict 5:2 as written. I’ve eaten as close to 25% of my TDEE on FD as I could. (when normally I’d water fast and I do not feel well for it, bloated, slow thinking, and I am sluggish and feel heavy of foot) and I’ve stayed within my TDEE all other days but the 1 indulgence of my B-day on the 6th.

What with all the personal issues, family surgeries, family setbacks, deaths of friends with the 4th funeral tomorrow and another on Monday I hope I don’t have any more to attend for a good long time.

A blizzard yesterday with total white out. The youngest dog doesn’t have to jump over the fence she just ambles across, the snow is so high the fence shows as a bit of wood poking through here and there like stripes on some weird zebra. So we have to put a line run up to contain her to the yard. The other two girls know where home is and have no desires to roam.

I can certainly see why 5:2 can be a struggle if one doesn’t tweak it and make it your own. I will stick it out on strict 5:2 to the month end but I am so looking forward to a normal 4-5 day fast ending this month and starting March. Back to my normal.

What I do may not be 5:2 as written but it’s mine.

Have a great last week of the month. Stay focused and remember why you’re doing it and be conscious of your choices. Do they further you towards your goal or pull you away in paths you don’t wish to go. Think and do that which leads you on your path.

Another three days done and dusted. The cooler weather has helped as I am able to get outside and be active. Everything is still going well.

Hi Quiet:

I admire what you have done and are doing immensely.

Period.

week 3 check in: all is still going well. So far this month, 9 FD and within TDEE on others, and scales show a lower number than last week. Also, the deed is done – had a ruthless clearout and donated all my clothes that are too big. No more ‘just in case’ mentality, they’re gone and never to return, along with those sizes and the weight. As much as it pained me it had to be done. Bought myself some gorgeous fresh flowers today which are adorning my dining table and looking good. Had time and tried some lovely recipes last week which will definitely go on the regular list. Hubby is pleased he has ‘accidentally’ lost a stone by default through eating healthier and my stealth tactics are even working on the children, who are reaching for the fruit bowl much more and not noticing the lack of treats and sweet stuff I have ‘forgotten’ to buy. Back to work tomorrow so head down, one week to go, bring it on…..

Hi all I’m loving reading your posts, just haven’t got around to posting but it’s motivating! Checking in after week 3. Another 3 fasts done, so that’s 9 already this month which was over the 8 I committed to! I’m enjoying 3 fasts at the moment, I feel that 3 non fast days in a row is too many at the moment.

I’ve lost 1.6kg this week and am now well under my first goal of 75kg, next goal… get into the 60s, can’t wait to see a 6 at the beginning of the scale!

I took my measurements a week ago as I kept seeing people saying they are more important than the scale, and I guess in the event of a plateau it’ll be interesting to see if measurements are moving. Anyway I saw a 3.5″ drop in my waist measurement last week! Seems incredible, but my clothes are so much looser and some jeans are literally falling off me that were right not long ago.

Lisa must have been the week for a clear out. I went through all my clothes and now have a big pile sitting on the floor waiting to go!

I’ve been keeping up with my 3 runs a week and slowly increasing distance one day a week. Have seen some slight improvements I think in fitness and I’m actually looking forward to them. I’m going to also try and fit in a couple of bike rides this week if the weather is agreeable.

Oh and my partner just moved in with me this week. That’s going to be interesting to see how my new found healthy eating ways go with someone else being around a lot more. An extra challenge to add to the list. He likes healthy food too but is slim and eats a bit of junk food as well. I usually don’t keep that stuff in the house!

Good luck with the last week of feb everyone 🙂

LISA and JOJO what great results. Well done. 👍 JOJO, you’ll have to be careful not to let your partner lead you astray!! Keep the stocks of healthy snacks up and take a leaf out of Lisa’s stealth tactics!!

Only one lot of visitors to go this month so am looking forward to having a clear few days to focus on fast days. Don’t have high hopes for the month but if I finish where I started it will be a small, and very welcome, miracle! 😏

Chipmunk, I’m right there with you. It’s been an odd month (a little extra stress) and I just don’t feel like I’m making progress. Like you, if I finish where I started this month, that’ll just have to be ok for now.

I’m just finishing my 7th FD this month. Thoughts of b2b FDs were a complete bust, but I managed to eat reasonably that day and the next. And I walked an extra 10 miles over the 2 days, so that’s worth something. To make my monthly goal, I have to get 3 more FDs in this week, so more ADF than 5:2, but that’s possible!

BillyB, WHEN you’re successful with 5:2, your colleagues are just going to have to change the way they think about you! In the meantime it sounds like the Bday cake incident was resolved satisfactorily. Maybe Bday girl can be a new ally for you.

We’re getting into the latter part of the month, and all the good reports are great news. Keep it up, Fastinlady, GL502, Lisa57 and JoJo100: well done! As always Q1, you seem to light the way for the rest of us. Thanks for that. ST55

Hi

My there has been a flurry of posts over the weekend.

Fitnfast – well done you!
    BillyB – love the quote and your way of dealing with what could have been an awkward situation. Peace prize to Billyb
    Fastinlady – excellent positivity (this is a word isn’t it? lol) coming from you.
    TTL – stick with it – after all this WOL is for ever and you will get there.
    Lisa57 – Well done for not only getting your own healthy eating on track but also the rest of the family. Amazing how your OH can loose a stone and not even have to think about it. Hope he praised where praise is due?
    Jojo – Good, good, good for going over and beyond your commitment and good luck with the new living regime. Start as you mean to go on and get your spoke in first with regards to your fast days and way of eating lol. Enjoy!
    Q1 – keep the chin up – you are amazing – any sign of spring coming your way?

I am committing to 3 fasts this week to try and make something of February and am going to try and fit in an extra run on Sunday (weather permitting)

Into last week of February and can I just say that I am really proud of you all! So pleased to be part of Little Voices and feel so very proud of each of you who have committed and posted throughout the month. You have been an inspiration and proof this way of eating really does work – you just have to stick with it!

Is someone going to put their hand up and lead us all into March? There are a few that would be worthy leaders. Go on have a go?

Lets all sprint for the finish line which is in sight!

Fast day 10 of 13 checkin:

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Really enjoyed reading everyones contributions. A few have fallen off the wagon – don’t be hard on yourself, jump back on – there is plenty of room on the wagon. 🙂

Best wishes for the day!

Bill.

Grrr…. still on the plateau! Have been very mindful the last week and have stayed well under TDEE, except OH birthday lunch. So through the week have only increased by 1/4lb. Weigh in today and the 1/4lb has gone, but still 2lbs away from goal.
    Just done a review and realised that I hadn’t filled in the tracker since I reached 9st 2lbs, so there is a difference of 10 calories. Not that it will make a difference as I am usually well under anyway. I would have liked to have been at goal during February, but looks like it will be March. Hey ho – there is no-one with a gun at my head, so I will just keep doing what I’m doing, with the exception of FD’s just having 362 calories. doesn’t seem much, but have looked through Mimi’s cookbook, and there are lots of choices there.
    Great work all those sticking to your pledges, and may the end of the month bring you to where you would like to be!
    Which lovely person out there is going to lead us into March??? TTL

Fast day 11 of 13 checkin:

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill.

Third Time throw in an extra fast before the end of the month and make it a water fast.36 hours and you’re over the hump.

Great things never come from comfort zones. I’ve never meet a strong person with an easy past, their pasts would kill me with just the fear of living it. I’m not talking physical strength or the ability to run rough shod over any one. These are people with a calmness of person and with inner total strength and the character that does move mountains 1 tablespoon at at time if need be.

This is engraved on a plaque on my wall.

“Never ever never not once ever Quit. Quit is a word not something you do.
    If you stumble or get knocked down get back up. You only stay down if you want to be there, no one keeps you down but yourself.
    What happened yesterday no longer matters this is today not yesterday. Today is another day! So get back on track and move closer to your dreams and goals.
    DO THIS!”

My daughters gave it to me a long time ago when I was having to learn how to walk again. Supposedly my Dad told them to do it so they got it engraved on plastic. I miss that old man.

I don’t see those hands going up 🙁 – come on guys it isn’t hard it just means you keep an eye on postings maybe more often than you may normally do (helps you keep in touch with everyone). Add inspiration every now and then to encourage us along – kick up the butts when we need it (in a nice way off course)!

I put together a little spread sheet and added names as to who was committing and the number of fasts they committed to – everyone knows how they did for the month and how many fasts they ticked off. Once everyone gives their final announcement of fasts obtained and any weight loss you give a drum roll and give any medals, chocolate fish or any other kind of acknowledgment you want. If I can anyone can – don’t be shy!!! You don’t have to be a seasoned member – some of the newbies would be great at it.

Seeing as you have the spreadsheet and the experience…… Just saying

Hi everyone. I was hoping to keep in touch a bit more than I have – so sorry about that. Just busy few weeks with kids and time off and people being ill (including me). But I have just finished reading all the posts on the thread and feel like I’m up to speed.

I am on fast day 7 of 8 for Feb. Fasts going ok but I’m realising I need to concentrate more on my non fast days. I really don’t keep track and I need to. I have lost 6 pounds so far (I think I committed to 8) but I’m bit worried about weigh in on Friday. I hope I manage to even stay the same.

So I need to start planning my meals more but this is tricky as 3 days during the week I get home later than my hubby and he makes dinner for the 5 of us. With him at work all day, then picking up kids then coming home and starting to cook and dealing with 3 young children I don’t want to ask him to do anything too fancy or extra. It’s normally pasta/meatballs with garlic bread or fish and oven chips or baked potatoes… normally quite stodgy and filling. I love carbs and can hardly resist, by that point I’m pretty hungry. So I need to start prepping night before or something. Any suggestions welcome. Anybody have any favourites for a 400-500cal meal?

6 ounces of strip loin steak grilled, top with 4 tablespoons of chimichurri sauce and side of 1/2 cup of frozen mixed vegetables total calories about 360 (I think it’s been a long time since I counted it)

Trim the majority of (80%) fat off the strip loin before you grill it. Just use dirty dalmatian (S&p) with a sprinkle of garlic granules to spice the steak before popping under the broiler. Broil 6 mins a side or to your wellness. If you get your sauce ready before you leave for work it will actually taste better in the evening. This is a really quick easy meal. I actually don’t eat all of the steak and give bites to my dogs when I’m done.

Hi Treenser – planning is the key – what about making a nice soup at the weekend or when you have some time – freeze them into portions and take one out before you go to work that day. Then hubby will have only the children and himself to sort out and you have a quick tasty something already to hand for when you get home. I tend to stick to the same things on fast days but maybe I will experiment and try something different.

Q1 – thanks but I think everyone needs/deserves a different leader this time round – although i have thought it could be Little Voices Mad March challenge – we could all go a little mad,….. but it won’t be me! Different leader, different ideas and I really need to give myself a kick up the butt at the moment. I can email my spread sheet if needs be but it is quite easy to set up – just start listing the names as people commit when the leader starts a new topic for March which most are familiar with on how to do this.

I have been thinking of why I have not been making much head way and again it seems to come down to planning and being mindful. Before Christmas I would set up my blank calendar, mark in my days and tick them off. I kept a little card on the fridge with my weight and took delight in seeing it decrease – whereas I haven’t kept the same records at all this month and am not seeing the results. I have already printed of a blank calendar for March.

Just throwing another idea out there – I know we are all buddies but would a buddy system work on this forum? What if the ones who sign up in March were matched randomly with a partner and they worked together to keep each other on track – any thoughts if this would be a good idea or not or how it could work? Don’t worry if you don’t think it would work – just thoughts.

Now I need to ask a very personal question, ahem it has come to my attention by my very dear OH that on days when I am fasting my breath is, to put it politely somewhat heavy ha ha poor man. Does anyone else have this problem, how do they stop it – I am guessing it may be something to do with ketosis?

Treenser – what about an omelette filling of your choice – poached eggs on toast – beans on toast? something quick and easy you can make yourself in minutes.

Q1 had to look up chimichurri sauce as I have not heard of it before. Do you make it or buy it? Also never heard of dirty dalmatian salt and pepper lol

chimichurri sauce takes about 3 minutes to make
    2 cups parsley or 1 cup parsley and 1 cup cilantro depending on your taste
    4 cloves garlic
    4 Tspn dried Oregano
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1/4 of Tspn of Cayenne or less/more if you want it hotter or not so hot
    1/2 tspn sea salt
    Good 4 grinds of fresh black pepper
    3/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

zap items 1-8 in food processor. You can mince or crush your garlic ahead of time if you want to.

Pulse until finely chopped use rubber spatula to push down the sides of the bowl if you need to. With it running add the olive oil in a steady stream. Stop and scrape down the bowl walls if you have to. Make sure everything is well combined. Transfer to bowl with a lid and it will keep for a week or so. Needs to sit at least 4 hours to meld flavours, all day or even tomorrow is better. Make in the morning to use at night. Make it Friday for grill on Saturday Night etc.

Is also great on poached eggs. Add a 1/2 diced tomato to some chimichurri and it makes for great egg topping

I keep a small bowl of dirty dalmatian on the counter (Kosher Salt and Coarse Ground Black Pepper) Refresh as I run out. Dirty dalmatian goes on all meats, eggs, in recipes. Everywhere salt and pepper is called for. I first heard it called dirty dalmatian when I was visiting BBQ joints in the southern US. (A nasty secret is if I had continued to live and visit the southern US, 5:2 and I wouldn’t be together. I’m so into night train brisket and pulled pork, beef, chicken, and then there’s all that Louisiana mud bug boils and shrimp or mud bug etoufee I was lucky to not suffer heart attacks much earlier than 49. I continued to live or visit in the south so often I’d be either dead or 550 pounds. I think I just gained 5 pounds thinking of a boil)

Q1 – chimchurri sauce – sounds yummy – will put on my to try list when I get time

Coda – agree – quick and easy is the way to go

Treenser – if you have a slow cooker these can be really useful and economical without lots of effort. I’m no great cook and value time with the children over time in the kitchen. Throw in a few ingredients in the morning or even night before and keep in the fridge overnight. Just don’t forget to take it out and set it going in the morning (done that once or twice). Its useful also for when you’re both busy and don’t know the time you are actually going to eat, food will rarely spoil by going over.

I’ve found it useful to weigh out ingredients in the beginning to get used to portion size and only check occasionally now to check my estimations aren’t going astray. Might seem overkill and a ‘pain’ in the beginning but pays dividends

some of my recent meals: apologies for UK bias on ingredients

lazy tuna salad: makes a huge plateful for about 350 cals
    slight variation on the recipe from the FD book – minimal prep and v tasty
    small can (200g) of mixed bean salad (eg asda good & balanced in uk) warmed in microwave and drained
    drained small can tuna in brine (about 130g)
    big handful of fresh spinach
    make dressing of squeeze of garlic puree (from tube), lemon juice and splash white wine vinegar
    mix all together and eat whilst warm

new covent garden skinny soups are available in most supermarkets and make a convenient fridge standby – 2 large tasty bowlfuls of skinny peri peri chicken soup is just 186 cals

if OH is preparing veg, just keep some aside and make a quick homemade soup e.g. leek and potato – 2 bowlfuls for about 330 cals.
    chop 200g leeks + 200g potatoes, add 1 or 2 veg stock cubes, just cover with water, add salt and pepper to taste and blend to desired consistency

hairy bikers recipe for Spanish style chicken bake – see internet for quantities and works out about 350 cal per portion – I sling ingredients in slow cooker: chicken breast; small amount of diced chorizo; diced bell pepper; potato; red onion into wedges; garlic, canned tomatoes or passata (but not too much as I don’t like it sloppy), salt, pepper; smoked paprika; oregano. my children are fussy eaters but this goes down well with everyone and the smell when we get home and its ready and waiting is heavenly.

quick stir fry – I use a supermarket ready prepared pack (for variety) or use up whatever is left in the fridge. Add whatever combination of spices you fancy and ready in minutes with little effort e.g the other day I threw in chilli, with garlic salt; ginger and splash of dark soy. serve with appropriate portion of whatever meat/fish you have to hand e.g. slices of lean ham, chicken, couple of rashers of smoked back bacon, even sausages. for example a whole pack (300g) of ready prepared family vegetable stir fry is 132 cals and 100g skinless roast chicken 165 cals

When doing a traditional sunday lunch just cut down the boiled or roast potatoes and fill the plate with more veg. I love a roast dinner and gravy.

chop and cube veg and a small sweet potato – put in a sandwich bag – crumble in 1 or 2 veg stock cube and shake to coat then roast in a hot oven and serve with whatever meat or fish the rest of the family are having

sorry – I’m on a fast day today and now making myself hungry so will stop there….

Sorry I’ve been awol, today is number 8 of 9 fasts. The scales have been firmly pushed to the back of the cupboard and will be dusted off next week so I can plot my progress.

Today is my 1 year fast anniversary and the only way to celebrate is fasting, should of been yesterday but it was my birthday and didn’t feel I could commit 100%.

As far as I’m aware I still weight 28lb less than this time last year, I am thrilled. Still would like to lose another 20lb ish and if takes another 12 months then that’s fine like I’ve said before this is not a race.

Although I’ve done my fasts on my NFD food seemed to take over me, I’ve a few close family members who’s health is not great at the moment and so food is my comfort.

Onwards and downwards you lovely people xx

Here is a good website with recipes for low-cal high-impact foods. I have made many and have to say they are delicious! Like Coda says, “Planning is Key.” I make the food in advance or enough to carry me through that day and a few meals later. Here’s the site:

http://www.forksoverknives.com/

let me know how it works for you, Juno

Fast day 12 of 13 checkin:

Had to have a serious chat with my wife yesterday to reassure her – she had the opinion that I was starving myself – because I was doing 3 water only fast days a week this month. I get the impression that the uninformed person confuses starvation and fasting. I hope I have convinced her – I hate seeing my wife worry needlessly – it breaks my heart.

“I believe in the person I want to become.”

Bill.

Jane.Lizzy congrats on the anniversary. It shows that 5:2 is sustainable and doable in the longer term.

Juno23 I’ve tried a few recipes from their website. The lack of nutritional information, calories, GI etc I find off putting. (I truly have issues with recipes which do not have the nutritional information I rarely try new recipes unless they do include them) My family loves the veggie burgers I do spice them up a bit. I’m fond of the breakfast beans for brunch on a weekend. I add a poached egg.

BillyB. – Oh boy do I know where you’re coming from. A year + 2 months in and my wife still doesn’t get what I’m doing, while she is happy about the improved health and vigor, (and subsequent loss weight) she still thinks I’m starving myself. For whatever reason she can’t wrap her mind around it. She’s watched the documentary she’s, watched some of the videos, and still she worries. It does make me feel as if I’m somehow letting her down. At the same time I know I have to do this for me. How’d your 3 day water fast go?

Belated Happy Birthday, Jayne.Lizzy! And congratulations on your 5:2 anniversary and your 28 pound loss. You’re already more than half way to your goal. Well done!

Reading all the posts about recipes reminds me that I’ve been “dieting” rather than making this a way of life. A lot of my FD foods are soups, salads, and fresh fruit, not proper meals. I’m going to have to develop my own ‘go to’ list for the longer term.

Coda, I’d volunteer to step in to lead March, but I’m traveling the first week and the last week, which seem like the critical times for the Little Voices forum. I’d be happy to tag-team the middle of the month if that helps. (BTW, I have the same breath issue. No solution to offer other than cleaning my teeth more and keep sugar-free mints around.) ST55

I too am travelling for most of March, so can’t help out. Must be a boy’s turn! Billy or Quiet? You are both good at motivation and advice so how about it???

I won’t be doing 5:2 after month end. So I won’t be leading a 5:2 group. It wouldn’t be fair.

What is this Q1- why won’t you be continuing to do 5:2?

What I do am going back to isn’t 5:2 as written. February I’ve stuck to 5:2 as it’s written and it’s been really tough to handle. I honestly couldn’t continue it for very long.

I need my 46 hour water fast days twice a week and my 4/5/ or 6 day water fast the beginning of each month. What I do is definitely not 5:2.

March I’m setting up for a 5 day fast at the beginning of the month feb 29 to evening of March 4th. and I’m looking at the just under a 7 day fast from evening of March 20th to March 27th evening. I might go until the morning of the 28th. At least this is what I’m planning on attempting. Things are known to change around my house. I’m in discussions with my Dr. on this and he is thinking it’s a bit much for one month even though he no longer lives here I value his advice so we’re talking.

But 5:2 as written I don’t do.

If anyone needs ideas for FD meals, try Mimi Spencer’s Fast Diet cookbook. The recipes are very easy and tasty. Also Deliciously Ella And Hemsley and Hemsley are good books for easy, tasty, nutritious meals. I regularly use the slow cooker for FD food, and make a big pot so I can freeze individually weighed meals. It’s great for making soup too and nothing better than having a meal ready for when you get home. We often eat a fast day meal at other times through the week as we have got used to lighter, more nutritious meals. We rarely have carbs now, and don’t miss them. This has helped a lot with weight loss, and my digestion is much better.
    Delighted to report I am off the plateau! Down to within 1.5 lbs of target now. Have continued to do my two days a week as usual, reducing my calories on NFD’s. It does work!
    Am happy to defer if anyone else wants to take the lead for March, but rather than let Little Voices fade away, I will do it. I have a part time job now so might not be as prolific with posts as I was before, but am happy to support as much as I can
    Hope you all have a great weekend. TTL

Yes please Third time Lucky! thank you for putting yourself forward. I have been AWOL this month as I was away skiing at the beginning of the month and then I got back and it was my birthday and then friends came to stay and basically I fell off the wagon! Nothing too drastic happened, a gain of about 7lbs, I had been struggling through January with my fast days, really feeling the cold and getting soooo hungry, but funnily enough having a few weeks off has actually strengthened my resolve as I felt worse eating and drinking carelessly, so last week I hauled myself back on and did 2 really good fast days and 3 very disciplined non fast days and I’m heading back in the right direction. So I would very much like to be part of the March challenge whatever it is.
    I am the other side of 50 now and have been on too many diets to count, but there is no doubt that this forum and wonderful WOE has created a bond that I have never felt before. I am delighted to be back on, it works, it feels great, I feel great. Nuff said except have a great weekend everyone and well done to all these amazing results. Little Voices Rock!!

Sunday Slow Cooker: Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin.

I made this last yesterday for supper last night. I definitely recommend putting it under the broiler for a few minutes per side and reducing the sauce after taking the tenderloins out and use as a dipping sauce . Low calorie for sure. Salad and some green beans and it was a very filling meal.

Sunday Slow Cooker: Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin
    Prep Time: 5 min
    Cook Time: 6 – 8 hours
    Total Time: 8 HOURS 5 MINUTES
    Ingredients for SERVINGS: 6

2 lbs lean pork tenderloin
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    3 tbsp brown sugar (or honey/maple syrup or Stevia for low carb)
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp chili powder (or more to taste)
    salt and pepper

Nutritional Facts
    Serving Size:
    6 oz. Amount Per Serving
    Calories 208
    Calories from Fat 31% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 4g 5% Daily Value
    Saturated Fat 1g 5% Daily Value
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g 0% Daily value
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g 0% Daily value
    Cholesterol 98mg 33% Daily value
    Sodium 393mg 17% Daily Value
    Total Carbohydrate 9g 3% Daily Value
    Dietary Fiber 0g 1% Daily Value
    Sugars 9g
    Protein 32g
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.

Directions

Combine the vinegar, chicken broth, and soy sauce.
    Combine the sugar, cumin, garlic powder, chile powder if using, salt, and pepper. Be careful with the salt since the soy sauce is salty. You can always add more after cooking.
    Rub the pork with the brown sugar mixture and place in the slow cooker. Pour vinegar mixture over top.
    Cook on low for 6-8 hours until very tender. ( I did six and it was way tender)
    If desired top with balsamic glaze or reduce the cooking liquid to create your own glaze .
    For a crisp exterior, place under a hot broiler for 4-5 minutes.

You can find the recipe here http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/sunday-slow-cooker-balsamic-brown-sugar-pork-tenderloin

Thanks TTL for stepping up to the mark. Count me in for March – 8 fast days planned for March (well starting 29 Feb for 1st one). I too lifesabeach have gone backwards a little so this month I am concentrating on just me! Trying to find that rhythm I had previously. I have my calendar written out ready to go and will pick a Tuesday morning to weigh myself and get back into the way of recording it in black and white.
    I don’t know how you find 5:2 so difficult Q1 as I think the extended fasts you do would be a lot harder mentally. However it is what works for you.

Haven’t posted much but have done some fasting days. Didn’t make my goal of 10 but today was my 6th fasting day and I’ll do one last fast on Monday to make 7 for the month. I’m stuck at this weight for the past couple of weeks and think I’ll try 4:3 or ADF for the next week or so to get the scale moving. Great work on your fasts everyone and that recipe looks amazing QuietOne!

What I do I do and it’s just like breathing.

Does that make any sense? I could maybe explain it but I can’t too. It’s the old thing of mind over matter. I don’t mind so it don’t matter

Try the recipe it’s fantastic and you can change it in the slow cooker or crock pot depending on your power levels available. Woman that introduced me to it did it in her over at 220F in a cover ceramic dish.

Another dish that does well with it is Cashews and Spinach. I’ll have to dig out my recipe though. Basically cook cashews in oil and sesame oil then wilt spinach with lemon zest and lemon juice. A 1/2 cup of green beans steamed and you’re done.

Travel coming up tomorrow, so I’ll just report in that I am completing my 10th FD for Feb – so that’s my goal achieved. I’ll get on a scale closer to the end of the month, but only hoping/expecting to be down a pound or two. Not much to show for 10 FDs, but down any amount will be the right direction.

Good luck to everyone wrapping up their February goals. Thank you to all of you for your support, motivation, information, recipes and encouragement this past month. All of you make a big difference in helping me stick to my plans, and I’m grateful for that. Hope to see you all next month on March Little Voices. ST55

CODA my February echoes yours.

I am right now sitting with my monthly planner for March and rigorously entering fast days. When I started all this my goal was, and STILL IS, to be 68 or 69 by April. I was closest at December end when I weighed 71.2 and for the past two months I have lost the plot. Last weigh in yesterday was 72.7.

Here’s my pledge. DO THE BUSINESS for March.

Wow, little voices have been very busy for the month of Feb. Very interesting read and tips gained. I just have not been on here a lot but I am still fasting. Been doing ok this month overall. Managed 7 fasts in 3 weeks as I missed a week out. 1 less than planned on the upside I lost 3.2kg as of yesterday so happy the weight is going down.
    Just realised I will be blessed to make 8 fast as planned – Monday . Will update at end of the month. You all have a good Sunday and enjoy.

This auto fill makes life interesting blessed well I will be . But I meant I will be able to make the 8 fast

TTL thanks so much for taking over March- this group is important to lots of us. What’s the title for March?

final check-in: met all my Feb goals – 11 FD completed, coincidentally the scales this month say 11 pounds down, clothes sort-out done, treated myself with small things that bring a smile. Feb has definitely been a good month for me. Thank you to all for your posts and helping me along with your stories, tips and encouragement.

Feeling a little bit pleased with myself (even “blessed” FOOMSY!!) to have made today a really good fast day.

After such a poor effort all month I am in the right frame of mind to have a very successful March, despite lots of travel and several events. The plan is done and I am determined to follow it through. Positivity rules! After weighing in tomorrow I will update my profile to reflect my intention to make this my last official fast day month by reaching my goal – then, maintenance will be the goal.

Well done to all who, like LISA, met their commitments through February. To anyone who, like me, struggled, we keep saying it ‘cos it’s true – it’s a way of life, so make the adjustments and carry on.

Hi everyone – I have just set up a new page for March in Weight loss, Little Voices – Mindful March. I have given an overview of the things I think we need to look at and hope that you are all willing to give it a go and join me. Ever the practical person, I am happy to help out with food information and recipes and this month it’s all about staying within your TDEE.
    I am fasting today, so I will be weighing in and measuring Tuesday morning for the last of the February challenge.

Thanks Coda for looking after us during February, love your stories! Keep them coming and look forward to speaking with you all during Mindful March. TTL

Hi TTL thank you again and hope you don’t mind me putting a link to our Mindful March challenge – for ease of finding it fpr everyone – fingers crossed it works.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-mindfull-march/

Thanks again

Thanks Coda for posting the link. I’m afraid my computer skills are limited to the basics! see you all on the new page.
    I’m fasting today and for some reason feel hungry. Just having a cup of warming Oxo cube before I go to work (7 cals). Vege curry tonight – 1.5 cups is approx. 218 calories. together with cauliflower rice – 1 cup is 25 calories, total 243 calories. May have 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks – 82 calories with 2 tablespoons Yeo Valley Greek Yogurt – 38 calories. TOTAL 370 calories – under my 25% allowance for a fast day – bring it on! TTL

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply.