Little Voices February love ourselves challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices February love ourselves challenge

This topic contains 207 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  GL502 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)

• February hasn’t been a great month for me. Similar to Sweetooth55, I have been running in place also. I have had a series of migraines which totally throws me off for days at a time. Fortunately, I have been able to maintain the weight I have lost and in fact the tape measure is saying I have lost a few more inches – waist, chest, hips. I still feel pretty good about this WOE and find it so much easier to get back on track when I do fall off the wagon. I find I don’t beat myself up about it. I still have a good 20lbs to lose, and I’m ok with knowing this is a journey and not a race.

Good Luck everyone for March.

Hi, all! Hope everyone is doing well and meeting/exceeding their Feb. goals. I never seem to have time anymore to read through all your great posts, and miss reading your thoughts and feelings, and laughing at your oh-so-unique humor! I promise to try better.

Anyhow, I am myself ecstatic today, because today I achieved my (2nd revised) goal of 140 lbs! Looking back to where I started nearly a year ago, frustrated at spending 10 hours a week at the gym (even after 2 back surgeries- that’s how desperately I wanted to lose weight), eating a “balanced” diet, or so I thought, and never losing any more than 10-15 lbs before I would give up..again. I even saved my calendar from last year, where in February, there is a big, red “WTF!” written across the whole month in frustration! I knew in my heart there was an answer, but I didn’t know what it was. Until I found the Fast Diet. It frightens me to imagine what would have happened if I hadn’t clicked on that tiny little ad at the bottom of the CNN.com home page that said Fast Diet. It absolutely changed my life, and from there I dove further into a world of low carb and intermittent fasting that has led me to this 45 lb weight loss that I never thought possible.

Along with the information that helped me along the way, the support I recieved from all of you wonderful people, both here in the States and overseas, has been a Godsend. Especially in the early days, it was difficult to get through a day at times but I made it being on here, reading your stories and feeling your cameraderie, knowing that we were all in it together, and for that I thank you all.

Anyway, my specs for the last week: 3 fast days, although not great ones this week, they were enough to get me to my goal (have you ever been so close to a goal so you try to be so careful but everything tempts you so that by the time you have to step on the scale, you are terrified?! That was me this morning, so I kept telling myself I was probably 5 lbs heavier, and started planning my pennence in my head! Low and behold, I was doing the happy dance a minute later! I even took a picture in case friends or family didn’t believe me!)So I think I may have surpassed my fast day goal for the month. They definitely get easier as you see the results!

See you in March! Hope all end Feb. well and get a strong March going!

HI all, checking in for end of month, completed 14 fast days for February and achieved goal of 67,000 steps a week for three of the four weeks.
    Scales didnt move, up and down all over the place but as this is the time of the year I usually stack on the weight, I am happy. Weekends are still a problem, even though I do 16/8 on Saturday and Sunday and only spurge a bit on Sundays, it takes me 3 fasts a week to get back down again.
    I have gone down half a size in clothes, 16 too baggy, 14 too tight! So all good, scales and I are no longer on speaking terms, I shall use my clothes as a measure, much more truthful. See you all in March

Good bye February, Hello March
    I did complete my 9 fasts, however the scales have been reluctant to move in the direction I would like. Still shows a 4lb loss from the begining of January, if I had not fasted I hate to think of the weight gain

See you on the other page

Good Morning all and a happy new month
    I was able to complete my 8th and final fast yesterday for the month of Feb. I lost a total of 3.5kg and looking for similar loss in March.
    Great thanks to Coda for taking the reigns and keeping us all accountable.
    To all those that post regularly your comments, ideas, suggestions and also ups and downs during the course of the month is greatly appreciated. Thank you😀
    Hoping that Spring will bring a new outlook to us all this new month and wishing everybody good health.😀😀😀

Hi again. Thanks for all your suggestions for quick meals. Very much appreciated. I am definitely trying out the steak and chimichurri sauce – have all ingredients for my next fast day on Thursday.

So weight loss has been a wee bit up and down for my first proper month on the FD but I am still very much positive and looking forward to Continuing in March.
    Start: 12.2
    Week 1: 11.12
    Week 2: 11.12
    Week 3: 11.10
    Week 4: 11.11
    So up a pound on my last weigh in for feb. Bit disappointing and only means I lost 5pounds out of the 8 I said I would loose, however, this week has been going well and I think I’m on track for another loss for Fri. I haven’t been jogging as I said I would so that is going to start too (esp as nights get lighter and milder here).
    I will now pop over to March challenge. See you there. xx

The grand experiment of strictly adhering to 5:2 officially closes! I will continue the fast I entered Sunday February 28th at 8:30 PM until Friday evening or Saturday depending on the social calendar it’s Tuesday March 1st, 2016 7:15 AM

After the month of February and adhering to 5:2 strictly I won’t be doing it again, nooooo way too difficult, too much eating, too much planning, too much extra cooking, too much of too much.

I kept all my fasts the same 38 hours. I’d stop eating on the evening of Sunday and eat on Monday within 25% of my TDEE. Sleep wake up and eat normal. Wednesday evening start fast after supper and eat on Thursday within 25% of my TDEE. Sleep wakeup and eat normally. I stayed within my TDEE on all but my Bday on the 6th of Feb. I’ve lost some weight, in the normal range for 5:2. 3.8 pounds down. January I was down 4.2 pounds. (I honestly dislike writing on my weight loss that’s not why I do what I do the loss is the bonus I get for doing this)

It has been really difficult to strictly adhere to 5:2 as written. Eating the little meal really just fired my “want to eat” furnace. Every fast day was a constant craving for food. I am so looking forward to the energy bloom that comes with extended fasting. I do not get that adhering to 5:2. I do if I water fast and extend the fast into a 2nd day. But not just the 36-38hour that 5:2 gives and eating 25% of TDEE.

Honestly if I had to adhere strictly to 5:2 as written I wouldn’t last much longer than 2 months, if that. I’d just toss in the towel and go on the meds the Drs were always pushing, without tweaking 5:2 and changing it so that really it isn’t 5:2 I couldn’t do it. Just no way, I feel way too full, way too sluggish, having to prepare miserly meals, fast days were nothing but a constant craving for food, headaches, foul mood/temper, and pretty much slow witted.

I believe now more than ever that you have to make changes to 5:2 to suit you. Water fasting, extending fasting times, 4:3 which is ADF in disguise, anything you can think of to fit you, that restricts your caloric intake by 25%-30% (I’m not exactly sure what the percentage of restriction is on 5:2) or more per week, but if you don’t bend it to fit you then it won’t be doable over the long term. Many people find 5:2 as written no major challenge as it is, I’m just not one of those people.

People might think that extending fasts normal to 46 hours, and doing extended fasts 2 days to 6 days and water fasting only is difficult, but for me it’s not, it’s infinitely easier. I can do it and I don’t have to think about it much or often.

I do the 4 to 6 day fasting beginning the first Monday of each month to get the health benefits I want/need. I reinforce that with 5:2 by extending my fast days to the following day supper time 46 hours not 36-38hours. I have been doing that for a year basically. I miss it and I’m going back to it.

I have managed to finish the last month with three fast days to make up for the one I was missing this week due to being away for a couple of days.

Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply.