Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins!

This topic contains 323 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 324 total)

• Hello!!!! sorry I forgot to post on Saturday but very pleased to donate 3lbs to lil miss MT since 1st August 🙂 Did three days fasting last week and planning on doing the same this week. I am finding exercising before breakfast on a FD brilliant as a) it means I have fasted for a minimum of 15 hours from dinner the previous night to brunch time and b) it doesn’t seem too long to eat my remaining food in the evening. Exercise really does help push the hunger pangs away. Had a busy weekend entertaining good friends – ate and drank lots, but actually refrained from pigging out on bread and crisps and never managed desert as so full after mains. Yesterday (slightly hungover) I did crave some bread and ended up having scrambled eggs on toast for brunch and beans on toast for dinner, plus a slice of yummy homemade chocolate brownie and a serving of ice cream (the non eaten desert from the previous day). Woke up this morning feeling really yuck, my stomach has not thanked me for eating all that bread (and therefore I guess – wheat) after having had so little for the last 3 weeks. Fasting today – went spinning first thing this morning and come home to grey skies and drizzle (with washing on the line…) just had 2 boiled eggs and am going to make Mimi’s lovely shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping for tonight’s dinner, I use venison mince as well which makes it even lower in cals – cannie wait. Been doing a ton of swimming in the sea – aren’t we lucky Rubylily? I adore living by the sea, I also love hearing from our kiwi friends, as my hubby and I spent 8 weeks touring there at the beginning of this year in a motorhome – we had such a wonderful time and met a lovely bunch of people – one day we do hope to return – maybe I will be a fraction of my former self?…. Well good luck to all this week. I’m aiming for a loss of between half a pound and a pound this week as I have a feeling this last weekend may have slightly damaged my lovely 3 lbs loss?….

Hi All. Definitely good results this week, congratulations! Doh, I forgot to weigh myself at the gym, so have to go by the home scale. According to it, I am 125.7 lbs. I am tending to believe that a little bit more as the scale is actually fluctuating again, but still… I will cautiously report a 1.8 1b loss for last week, probably to be amended once I weigh in at the gym.

Slim, what an awful way to end what sounds like a great weekend away. My heart goes out to your friend and I’m sending out healing vibes.

I am another one who envies you sea-side ladies. I should’t moan, as I am right by the St. Lawrence River and at the start of the Lachine rapids. If anyone ever figures out how we post photo’s I will put up a picture of my daily meditation spot. Still, there is nothing like listening to the crash of waves.

Have a great day/evening all and strength to all those fasting today and tomorrow. FD for me today and am trying out having most of my calories (400) in the morning and then cruising on sparkling water and no salt veggie broth for the rest of the day. We will see how that goes.

Hello, I would love to join the group even if I am a little late. I lost 40 pounds after my two kids and I am working on the last 15 pounds. I did most of my weight loss through running but have had great success with 5:2 for the last 10 pounds and hoping it can help me shed the last 15. I am in full holiday mode so here’s hoping I can lose 5 pounds this month. Good luck everyone. I get lots of motivation reading your posts.

Just a little bit more about me. I am from Yukon Canada beside alaska. I am 37 with two young kids. I saw the documentary on 5:2 about two months ago and started eating this way. I shed 10-15 stubborn pounds that I was working on for over a year with hard exercise and little result. I have been on summer holiday mode and 5 pounds have crept back on but I am ready to focus again and get back to my before baby weight which is 15 pounds away. I have been reading your posts for about a month now and find them encouraging. Looking forward to following this through August and getting rid of 5 pounds

Hi everyone,
    I am only registering a 1lb weight loss and I think it is due to a few glasses of wine as they do make such a difference to me.
    Also I did check out TDEE and guess what, I should be eating 1500 calories and not 2000 so I am going to have to readjust that too.
    I too am trying to lose post baby weight but my boys are now 21 and 19. I was so slim before but have not kept a steady weight since then. I guess that and enjoying my life add up, no bad reasons for weight gain but it is the one thing that stops me doing more and feeling confident about how I look. For years I got the boys to stand in front of me on a photo but now I am the shortest of course.
    Fast day today and Thursday too but the I have a long weekend in London. Hopefully all the walking whilst sight seeing will help. We are off to Twickenham to see the future World Cup winners I hope 🙂 Sorry New Zealanders! J

Hi all, gosh Runningnorth you sound very far away. I used to watch and love the show Northern Exposure – Alaska I know – biggest state in the Union according to Michelle Shocked – but the expanse always amazed me. Sounds like you are determined.
    Love your comment JoBarnaby – shedding baby weight too – yes life should be good and can sneak up on us too.
    Wish I was brave enough to swim in the sea Lifesabeach – NW Atlantic can be cold all year round – and its been one of the wettest and coldest summers here in Ireland for quite a few years. Will dip the toe before the end of sept though – good excuse to show of my new swimsuit.
    Let us know DJ how it goes swopping round when you eat – have always convinced myself that I had to go through my FD on coffee and sparkling water, saving calories til one evening meal. Mixing it up might be good for me.
    We are off to a great week I can feel it!
    May the Fast Be With You

Hi JoBarnaby, love your comment about your 19 year old baby fat….. very funny, it made me smile.

Now regarding your Twickenham comment, be advised that the AB’s (All Blacks for those non rugby people) are arriving to take on the world and the Poms will only come second in the upcoming world cup, even though it’s in their own back yard.

Having said that I did support England recently in the Ashes Cricket series, being a Kiwi I support two teams only, New Zealand and any other team that plays Australia…. so when the Poms play Aussie in the Rugby World Cup you and I can cheer together for the men in White but after that it’s “back to Black” for me…

Men eh?

Separated by literally the world, thinking the same! Scotsmen support two teams as well, Scotland, and anyone England plays.

A lot of disappointment for you chaps! Lol!

And I’ll be singing Jerusalem when they wup you!!!!

Though we could all take up the up the haka (dunno how it’s spelt) for exercise while it’s on – and we could posts pics!

OK Milena,

here’s a demo of a few Kiwis doing what they do best, take a close look and practice some moves and it’s guaranteed to lose a few calories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLmS9e_4m6A

(and stop looking at the ripped bodies !!!)

Not so sure I’d call those bodies ripped Action Hero – some of them could join us on 5:2!!

I guess I’d rather watch the ABs ripped bods (even hidden under skin tight jerseys) – nothing quite like our boys ramping up the passion before they demonstrate their superior rugby skills (hope there’s no Aussies on this thread after last weekend!)

Shhhhh not so loud Chipmunk, not every brown body is AB quality however this lot is a hell of a lot better than some of the Hakas that can be sourced from say the local Marae, now there are some real candidates for joining our Little Voices 5:2 Forum.

Don’t you worry milena, you just keep your fantasies alive, dreams are free !!!

Hi. AH

my Gran was a semi pro Rugby League player – proper Rugby, not the sissy stuff. Knew more about both games than anyone I know!

I’ll send her to haunt you for your wicked words, a five foot nowt Yorkshire woman, she scared most folks when she was alive!

Hi AB

must stop reading oats backwards!

Ripped? Hmmm. Hugh Beckman is Australian isn’t he? Has me hopefull for a team looking like him, pity? You’re right chipmunk, they could do with a little 5:2.

My nana was much much scarier than than, all she brandished was a wooden spoon!

You’ve reminded me of something, just off to watch Stanley Baker and Michael Caine in a clip of Zulu!

We English support all the home nations and I would back ‘Men of Harlech’ against the haka any day, brings a tear to the eye! If I can work out how to post links I’ll list it.

So sorry I can’t join in on the sports talk, and whatever that thing is the not-so-ripped men are doing in the video! Is that a traditional dance of some sort? Cute little fans they have! Here in the U.S., it isn’t a sport unless there is some kind of violence and cheating involved, so I tend to shy away from it!

Swimming in the cold sea is actually super for burning fat. The colder the better. The body extends all kinds of energy keeping the major organs warm, so jump in there! I so envy you waterside folk!

Welcome, runningnorth! Happy to have another fasting soul among us! I will add you to the roster.

Well, I had my foot surgery yesterday. I guess it went well, though longer and more complicated than expected. And they originally told me I would be non weight bearing for 2 weeks….nope, 4 weeks now! Yikes! This is gonna be a pita. Oh well, I guess I will be building up the upper body strength and core. Kinda loopy now from all the post surgical narcotics. Best head back to the bedroom before I lose all my faculties!

Rubylily, love that saying “may the fast be with you”! That should be our motto!

Enjoy your day!

Fitnfast, glad to hear you’re through the surgery, but 4 weeks is just plain nasty. Maybe you’ll recuperate so fast that they’ll let you back on your feet early. ? Will be watching this space to see how you make out.

I add my welcome, RunningNorth. I visited Whitehorse for the first time last fall when I was doing a publishing workshop for The Writers’ Union up there. Nice little city, and the scenery around it is spectacular. My cousin lived in Whitehorse for a long time. Is that where you are too?

Hello to everyone else, too. There are so many of us! Not reporting on my weight today but I just thought I’d pop in and say Hi.

Hi Fit, i just wanted to wish you well after your surgery. I hope you will feel a lot better soon. Have as good a day as possible. Ray

Hi All, so sorry to all my old Little Voices friends for not posting for a while … and also new friends for not talking to you!! My excuse is summer social events and a special (65th) birthday celebration at end of July which lasted for about a week!! I have completely lost the plot here on our forum – my fault for not logging in for a while – but found we are now a book club and a rugby/cricket club!!? Can perhaps contribute to the book club, but no way cricket or rugby!! ha-ha!

Anyway, Fit, RESPECT in maintaining/leading this thread after your surgery. Know you must be feeling like s*** and well done you on your cheery outlook!!

Just passing on my pathetic results for the first 10 days of August (my official weigh in day is Monday and I will continue with that until Mon 31 Aug!) Btw I know this is Tuesday … But been busy!! I have remained the same! I actually gained 3 pounds from 1 August and, with the help of my first ever 4:3 lost those 3 pounds so hence the plateau scenario for me – as has gone on since beginning of June – with too many summer social events, and yet another week long holiday I gain some, then, with the magic of 5:2, I lose some! So, I am not depressed at all – hey – if I didn’t have 5:2 (or even 4:3) to rely on I would be at least half a stone heavier by now!!

As Rubylily says “May the fast be with you everyone”!

Speak next week!

Up

Had a better FD yesterday, no headaches this week. Think that’s due to the fact there was no rain! Actually had blue skies all day till about 3.30 then torrential rain for an hour. No water shortages in Scotland this year for sure. Today has been good too – summer at last – for about 6 hours!

Fit – do hope the op has cured your foot problem. Just sit back and enjoy the view. Think of all the books you can read in 4 weeks, like you, I’m afraid talk of rugby,, cricket, football goes right over my head, good job we’re not all the same. Did watch AH Hakka link, think I now know what a ‘ripped’ body is – yum!

Dropped another 1/2lb yesterday, down to 9st9lbs so well on my way to August target . Changing my Thursday fast to Friday this week as we have friends for dinner Thursday night, and I know the wine and gin will flow , although the food is going to be carb free except for a soda bread for those who want it . It’s great knowing I can entertain without having to resort back to my old way of eating, and won’t be piling the pounds back on.

Great reading everyone’s posts, old friends and new ones. We are all on this journey together. Hope you all have a fab week and good luck with the weight reductions. Miss muffin will wonder what has hit her end of August . TTL

Hi just reporting a .8kg loss, your gain Ms MT so still on target!
    Well wishes to fit and hope its not too long till you are back on your feet.
    Hello to our latest member.
    Also don’t rule out Ireland in the rugby!

Happy birthday, Up! I had my 65th last November, and so far it’s been the best year I can remember! Plus, thanks in part to 5:2, I feel better and more energetic than I have in years. I wish the same for you!

Phew! Crisis passed, thanks to catching up on the forum – and its wide ranging topics…..

Crisis, what crisis? I hear you ask. Without diverting into the addition of Supertramp onto this forum (Crisis, what Crisis? was the name of one of their albums) – my mini crisis was an I WANT TO EAT SOMETHING crisis.

FD today and I had my nice poached egg on butter-free toast and coffee, went to yoga, went for a walk and had food on my brain the whole time. I joined this forum to give myself an added boost/incentive so I came home and read everyone’s messages and it’s helped me over the danger. Crisis passed. Thanks everyone. Keep posting.

Sorry I have been super busy this week and I have had some challenges, my DH brews beer and it’s SO difficult not drinking any, total fail this weekend so only 1 lb to donate this week, so not a complete washout, I’ve been reading all the posts,Happy Birthday and congrats to all who lost. On a completely unrelated note I just ate a new product called Neat. I’m a vegetarian and I’m often looking for non carb protein replacements and I came across Neat. It’s a powder that you add to eggs, I used egg whites, and then you brown it like ground beef and it came out not half bad and tasted pretty decent and it worked out pretty low in calories!
    ~ Diz

Hi everyone, thanks for all the welcomes. It is encouraging to read all your posts. I am back on track with a successful fast day on Monday and workout and will fast tomorrow as well. For the last month I have been endulging in the evenings after dinner and going over my calories so I am hoping I can behave better this month. Yes marywwritter I live in Whitehorse Yukon. It is a very pretty city but it is very emote for most people. My family and I love it. Are you Canadian. Thanks again for all the welcomes.

Hi Runningnorth,

Wow, I looked up Google to see where Whitehorse, Yukon is, you are almost neighbours with Santa whom my grand daughter tells me lives in the North Pole.

We are positioned in New Zealand south of the Equator about the same distance as California is North, then there is another big distance away up to Yukon so you guys must certainly cop it in winter with some “good weather”, maybe the same weather as our friends in Scotland who are always telling us how fine it is there !!!!

Anyway, welcome to this eclectic group, we love to hear everyones stories and experiences, keep focussed on your goals and stay strong.

Hi Fit Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending out healing vibes to you. Welcome Runningnorth! I have always wanted to go to the Yukon, one of the things on my bucket list.

Just popped in to read the posts and gain some strength and resolve back – I had a tussling match with some perogies last night and unfortunately the perogies won big, big time. Glad we were of help to you Chimpmunk and now it’s my turn to get some help.
    Today will be an unscheduled fast day for me to make up for the perogie pigout.
    Strength and resolve to everyone fasting today or tomorrow.

Just shows you how big and different North America is. I live in Savannah, GA and our weather couldn’t be anymore different than in the Yukon! I think I would love the fresh air but hate the winters, you smell pine we smell marsh and salt. This is the most diverse chat board I’ve ever been on, it’s pretty cool that we all have one common purpose and goal, go us. ~ Diz

Hi, everyone, and thank you for the healing wishes and vibes. I must say that the day of and after surgery was the best fast I have ever had. Of course, had to fast for at least 12 hours before,which I lengthened to 20, then 8 hours in prep, surgery, and recovery. Then when you get home all doped up, sleep is the goal. So between all that,plus stomping around with a walker on 1 foot, I am sure I dropped several pounds.Heck of a way to do it, but I’ll take it!

Glad to read that this forum helps get us over a craving hump. They can be so strong, it can be near impossible to defy. How strong are those who can walk away from
    temptation.

Happy birthday, Up! A week long celebration is well deserved.

Dizzy, I love Savannah! Spent some time there, and it is beautiful, especially Tybee Island, but yeah, humid! But I’d take that over bitter cold any day!

Dizzy, I will look up that Neat product. Sounds like a good addition.

Hope all have a great day, fasting or not.

Hi, all. I’m starting my second fast day of the week right now: we’re going away for four days on Saturday so I wanted to get in an extra FD as insurance. I’ll report my weight for the week tomorrow.

There have been some disadvantages in my life to having realized 15 years ago that I was going to have to give up alcohol, and it was certainly not easy to do (only quitting smoking was harder), but it sounds like I am now reaping a benefit, because I don’t have to contend with the temptation to have a glass of wine (or six) when I am trying to get rid of this extra weight.

Running North, I’m in Toronto now but I lived for several decades in Edmonton. The summer light was bad enough there: it didn’t get dark until around 11 at the end of June. I don’t know how anyone in the Yukon ever gets their kids to bed in summer, although I would guess Yellowknife would be worse than Whitehorse. Lots of good food in Whitehorse: we ate in several fantastic restaurants while we were there.

Thanks everyone for these fabulous contributions, it’s so good reading about everyones favorite places in the world.

One day Diz I might come and see you, I notice Savannah isn’t too far from Augusta, (well on Google Maps it doesn’t !!). My bucket list includes attending the Masters Golf at Augusta one day, so before time runs out I hope to achieve that.

15 days ago I was given a block of my very favorite Choclate (Cadbury Black Forest, rich dark with nuts and chewy fruit in it). Before my new FD way of life this block would have been consumed in one day, over a very short period of time, without any guilt at all.

Chocolate is/was my biggest weakness in my dietry habits. Well, I can report that chocolate still has 6 small pieces to be eaten, the other 20 odd pieces have been nibbled at over the past 15 days and I’m enjoying every single little piece. It’s amazing how we can train ourselves. I wrote last month about “Pain and Pleasure” to overcome temptations and for me the pain of consuming all that chocolate over a couple of days was just too hard to handle when I thought about the efforts put in to date and wasted if I saw the scales go backwards from that short “pleasure” trip.

So folks, it does work, we can still reward ourselves within the limits we set ourselves and it doesn’t have to reflect on the scales afterwards, as long as we don’t over do the “pleasure” all in one sitting.

Well my fast day was a bust. I was fine until I met my girlfriend for tea and before I arrived she bought me a chai latte and a scone. I didn’t have the heart to say anything. I also find once my eating window is open I struggle. So I will fast tomorrow instead. Actin hero I have always wanted to go to nz. My uncle lives thee and my cousins were raised there. They lived in Dunedin. Such a pretty place. The midnight sun up here is amazing. At 1am it is like 1pm everywhere else in the early summer. My kids have grown up here so they can even go to bed in a tent with it super bright. I do have black out blinds for when school is in. Marywwritter my brother lives in Toronto. I get there once in a blue moon. It is nice to visit a big city. Fitnfast hope your recovery is going well, try not rushing recovery. It has always been my downfall. Dizzy savannah sounds great and I would love to visit. I think I would get too hot. I am built for colder climate. DJ periogies are a weakness as well. The ones my mom makes I have no self control. Well goodnight. It is 11:44 here and it is just getting dark. Winter is coming. Hope I can stick to my fast day tomorrow.

Runningnorth, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all day today!

I had my second fast day of the week yesterday. It was very hard, and I’m not looking forward to doing a third one tomorrow, but I do want to give it a shot because we are away for four days after that, and then it’s my grandson’s 4th birthday next Wednesday, and then I’ll be helping with the childcare of him and his 11 month old twin brother and sister on Thursday/Friday, and there’s editing work to be done and all in all, next week is looking totally unmanageable. And next weekend we’re invited to one dinner party and we’re hosting one. So if I’m going to meet my goal for August, I have to take the fast days while I can!

Weighed in this a.m. and I am down another 1.5 for a total of 2.5 lbs so far in August. I’ve been on 5:2 since the end of April and my total loss is 22.5 lbs so far. For me the key has been to stick religiously to the fasting days (I eat 200 cals in the a.m. and 300 cals 12 hours later, like the book said to do. No soup or anything but coffee and water in between) and I try to keep it moderate on the NFDs, but I’m not always successful at that so the most important part I think is that I forgive myself when I’ve overdone it on the non-fast days and just keep on keeping on.

Fitnfast, I am wondering how you are feeling?

I’m in Toronto! 🙂 Hello fellow Canadians, and everyone!

Had a pretty horrible FD on Monday, getting up to almost 800 cals… did so well all day, and then gave in to have crackers with my soup, and possibly one spoon of Reese’s chocolate peanut butter spread… Why do we even have that you might ask? It’s a giveaway from a family member’s workplace unfortunately, haha.

Today is my second fast day of my second week, and I plan on having the best FD ever!! I’ve gained back 1 of the 5 lbs lost last week, so I need to get my eating in order.

My overall goal for August was a lofty 9 lbs, which is still possible, but it’ll take some serious commitment. I’m finding that aside from a morning coffee, I really do need to wait until dinner to eat, or else it’s too easy to go over 500 throughout the day.

Hope you all are doing well!

Hi Mary WW

Gee you certainly have a busy lifestyle and you are achieving great results at the same time, 22lbs since April, well done you.

When I read your post my thoughts were try not to look too far ahead, what you are doing and what you have achieved to date is certainly working so just keep doing it, take one day at a time, don’t worry about next week and what is in your diary, just focus on today, the next 24 hours, stick to that plan, THEN DO THE SAME TOMORROW.

When you see a challenge appearing tomorrow try and turn that into a positive rather than a negative or a challenge. “Being busy” certainly makes the fasting go so much easier (that’s what I find anyway) so how will doing the child care make a fast day even easier to get through. Don’t panic about the perceived negatives, they are only thoughts at this stage, they aren’t even real yet so why fret about something that hasn’t even happened yet?

There’s a saying about what we all “fear” or what we think are barriers to success. FEAR is a “False Expectation Appearing Real” however it’s all in the future, it’s not happening right now so why worry about it NOW.

When the going gets tough focus on the positives of your 22lbs that you have left behind to date, that will motivate you to do whatever it takes to keep those 22lbs off and not relent to the pressures of the day, whatever it takes and we will all pat ourselves on the back on 31 August for a month well managed.

Take care everyone, we are all amazing people who are achieving amazing results. Cheers, Mike

Always knew Thursday was not going to be a FD. We had friends over for dinner BAR B Q and the weather was fantastic for once. We sat outside till late after scoffing a mountain of food (albeit I had made lots of healthy salads) but the desserts got me, and the wine! Good job it doesn’t happen too often. Didn’t even bother to fill in MFP or track anything, just had a ‘go for it splurge’
    Needless to say it’s raining again this morning. Don’t know if I’ll make today a FD or not. Just had some fresh fruit and yogurt for brekkie, but not planning lunch . There are leftovers to eat for tea tonight, so will just see how things pan out. If it doesn’t work I’ll make Saturday my FD. isn’t it great we can have these moveable feasts without feeling guilty.
    The downside was I was awake half the night. Very uncomfortable and felt about 8 months pregnant! Bring on 5:2 and let me eat normally again!
    Great reading everyone’s posts from all over the world. Sad that wherever we live we all have the same weight problems, makes you wonder more and more if it’s wheat/carbs that do the damage worldwide.
    Will post my weekly result when I’ve decided which day I’m going to drop the weight. How’s that Action for positive thinking!

Hi Guys,
    Just want to say your posts really keep me focussed. Sorry I don’t post a lot but life gets in the way. Looking forward to one day being able to do my own thing but ATM am working more hours than I would like. Anyway, feel like this is the first time I can control my eating and can lose weight on the way. I really love reading your posts and wish I could be a positive influence for someone like you guys are for me. Keep positive and thanks for your words of wisdom!

Action Hero I loved reading your post – one to keep revisiting I think! thank you to everyone for their inspiring posts – we’re big rugby fans (one Irish one English) and soooo looking forward to the WC and luckily going to quite a few games. Fitnfast I am pleased to donate another 1/2 lb to Miss MT – not as much as I would have liked this week but considering I had a blast of a weekend with friends, food and lots to drink I am actually delighted to still see the scales going in the right direction, normally I would have seen an increase of a good 3 or 4 lbs to make me feel yuck and guilty, instead I have already corrected it and shifted a little bit more. That makes 3 1/2lbs so far for August so am pretty confident I will reach my minimum pledge of 5 and who knows…. 7 lbs is still a possibility. Third Time Lucky – I know what you mean about feeling yuck after a big eat/drink – I was like that last Sunday, couldn’t wait to have a FD as it makes me feel so much better. The weather has been dire this week, as nice as it is to live by the sea (and it really is nice) staring out at thunder storms, and torrential rain for days on end does bring your mood down, but I have been focussing on exercising on fast days which I find really good. Oh and last night (a fast day) I had an unexpected visit from my daughter which always cheers me up and I am delighted that I simply cooked some sweet potato and butternut squash wedges for her to add to our lemon sticky roast chicken and vegetables (5:2 fast diet recipe book) she loved it and hubby and I stuck to our fast day limit! very happy 🙂 Good luck with your weekly weigh ins everyone!

Hi folks, lovely to hear how life is showing up for you all. I relate so much to what you are all saying, particularly the days which feel more challenging.
    If its ok to share a little. The fast days that work really well for me are actually the days when I am not focused on the food, the calories, the scale numbers. When I reflect on these days I notice that I am in a peaceful state of mind. I have slowed my thinking down, and I am more present to the joys of my surroundings, what my body is saying. To explain a little more, these arent always days when I am less busy doing things – but my thinking is. So I am learning that my thinking is creating my feelings and so my behaviour.
    I also have a thought that I see my fast as a gift to my body – a time for it to calm down and relax too, instead of getting busy on digesting the plethora of food I sometimes throw at it. I am also enabling my body to do what it needs – if I feel like I’ve fasted really well, but the scales dont change, well my body needed to keep that weight this week, this month.
    Now that is not to say I dont have struggles too on some of my fast days – my stomach appears to take on a voice of its own. But yes like a few of you have said, we start again, the next day, or at a better time. Perhaps take a look at the fasts that have quite simply worked. Can you pin point your thinking, state of mind?

I’ll report in again at the weekend, if I can get my scales working again!
    So once again – may your fast be with you, and you with your fast.

Hi everyone, well my redo fast day yesterday worked great. I stuck to it all day and felt pretty good. I actually drank a little less water after doing some reading and found I didn’t get the headaches I have been getting. I was still very well hydrated but I was really chugging water on my first fast days as well as my coupus amounts of tea and I think it was just too much. I weighted in today and I am down 3 pounds. I have been super good with my non fast days and worked out but we I’ll see next week what the scales say. Off for a weekend of camping at liard hot springs if anyone wants to check it out. The prettiest hot springs I have ever been at. there will be lots of treats so we will see how my week recovers. Have a goat weekend everyone. Thanks for all you encouraging words.

Just a quick post for now, then will do more tomorrow.

You all are dong so well! And I am crashing! Being on the heavy narcotic pain meds DOES NOT help trying to fast! They upset my stomach, so I head for the fridge. And yesterday, while waiting for another prescription, I went to Mcdonalds! Big Mac, fries, chocolate shake…ugh! So, I know this week will be a bust but I will try to get back to it this weekend. You guys gotta do what I can’t seem to this week!And it looks like you are!
    Thanks so much!

Hi all. I still have nothing to donate to miss muffin top, but I do have some new jewellery…. my boyfriend and I got engaged this week. So that’s why no loss so far!! Going to squeeze in an extra fast day tomorrow while I’m motivated to fit into a size 10 wedding dress!! Love to all. Xxx

It’s so great to come here and find out how everyone is doing. Particular congrats to Pinkdodo on your engagement. And congrats to Runningnorth for such a successful week. Liard Hot Springs looks beautiful. Have fun!

Rubylily and Actionhero, thanks for your inspiring words of wisdom.

Fitnfast, now I am thinking I don’t even want to go there when it comes to the surgery, but you do have to give yourself a break. Heavy narcotic brain meds and clear thinking do not ever go together! I’m sure you’ll get it back together as soon as the pain recedes.

Have a great weekend all. I’m looking forward to some swimming, canoeing and cycling in Muskoka!

fitnfast, MaryWWriter is right! Clear thinking and narcotics do not mix. That is why there is no way I can drink wine on a fast day (even if I really really want to). This week has not been easy for me either. I have my kids back after a month of vacation and did my best on fast days! With school starting soon there is a million things to do and plan for. fitnfast, you will get back on track once you feel better! You are always so positive. 🙂 Sending some positive energies to you now.

Nothing much to offer to Miss MT just yet – I joined on 7th august and my fast days were earlier this week so I’ll wait til Tuesday for my first weight in. Trying to have a TDEE weekend but out to dionner with friends tonight.

Fitnfast – I don’t even have to be on mind bending narcotics to waver – our cold NZ winter can drive me to comfort food, though I know after eating it I don’t feel at all comfortable either physically or mentally. In the wise words of Action Hero – focus on the one day at a time. the next day! Well done RunningNorth for getting back on that horse the next day.

Go the ABs – wallaby for dinner tonight.

Managed .5 lb loss after 2 restaurant meals this week, so I am happy with that. In the past I would have gained probably 3 lbs. The Little Voices Challenge is working, and more zips going up easily now. Able to wear garments which didnt fit at the beginning of July. I have stopped all grazing which I am sure is the reason I became a little plump person, but those days and nights are over. We can do it if we really really want to and I am sure we all want to just do it. Healthy eating and thinking everyone.
    Thinking of you Fit and wishing you better painfree days. Ray

Good morning all from a grey and dreitch Dundee (again). Yesterday didn’t turn into a FD. Too much leftover food from Thhursday and can’t bear to throw good food away. That’s it gone now, so today am doing a FD, although having put on 2.5lbs over the last two days, I have a feeling it’s going to take more than one fast day to get where I was. It didn’t seem as though I had eaten 2.5lbs of food? Oh well, back on the wagon, and here we go again.
    Many congratulations Pinkdodo on your engagement – there is definitely ‘something going on’ on this thread!
    Action Hero – your post is again very insightful, I keep going back and rereading it.
    Fit – it must be very frustrating for you, but it is done now and you are on the mend. This too shall pass. Bit like dropping weight – just need patience , but enjoy this quiet time for what it is and do things you wouldn’t normally do.
    Well done everyone who has reduced, and those of you that haven’t remember that things are happening inside that can only be good. Have a great weekend all, wherever you are in the world.

MaryWWriter, my grandparents moved to Whitehorse in the 1920s. They had been farming near Winnipeg but when the Depression came they lost their farm. My grandfather moved west first (to Vancouver originally) with my grandmother and 3 small children arriving by train some weeks later. My grandfather was not allowed time off work in the lumber mills to meet them – they had to sit at the train station for two days waiting for him. Such hard times then! She also told me about the lumber workers going on strike one time because they were being fed too much salmon (!)

Anyway, enough family history – I have lost 2 lbs so far Fit, but I think PMS is disguising a bigger loss really…watch this space!
    Kate Eve xx

PS – Pinkdodo – many many congratulations! I think Third is right about this thread. Babies, engagements, weddings….watch out!

Good Saturday morning , my fast friends! It is good to be sitting out on the sun porch, coffee at hand, and reasonably unmediated and mostly pain free! Thanks for all the well-designed, and you must have sent massively strong healing vibes cause I had a pretty good night.

Well, I am happy to report that, as of yesterday, we have a running total of 39 lbs.to hand over to our Miss Muffin Top! Everyone has done amazingly well, and even those of us, myself included, who didn’t shed anything this week, at least our minds are more focused now.

Pinkdodo, lots of congrats to you! There is definitely something catching here! So exciting to see not only great physical changes but life improvements in general. We will get you into that dress yet!

I am going to JUST DO IT, and do a milena 20 hour full fast today on top of a 2 day consecutive 500 calorie days, instead of my usual 16. I am already at 16, so another 4 is easy-peasy! That should get me back on track. Plus I did hand weights and leg lights and abs on the bed last night. Funny how the brain uses something like surgery or a physical set back to derail fitness and eating plans! Boy, how we humans sabotage ourselves!

Thanks for all of your uplifting daily stories that keep the rest of us going. I often think about you guys (ok, well, except THAT day when I crashed and burned!), and you all have got me through the worst of it. What an awesome crew!

Hope you all enjoy your day!

Yay fitnfast! I just realized that I forgot to report 2lbs lost last week. I am not sure I will do so hot this week but – sigh – First week back at school attending professional learning, driving to different sites everyday, plus driving 2 kids to and from different camps, husband to/from work plus his dr. appointments and PT (he still can’t walk due to ankle surgery) while also trying to plan dinners, cook and run the household… I am just feeling lucky I got through it. Success to everyone the rest of the month. If I get lucky, I will be reporting any new lost on Monday. Trying my best to balance my so-so fast day during the weekend.

Morning all. Well as expected, despite a fast day yesterday the weight I accumulated from that one bar b q, plus leftovers the next day (including wine) I have managed to lose 1.5lbs of the 2.5 put on. This means an increase of 1 lb. sorry folks, but I know what to do now to reduce again. Back to my normal eating (FD) tomorrow. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the evening, and the food and wine, I did suffer afterwards . I could not do this on a regular basis, but it does make me realise how food affects my well being, as well as my body.
    I have been out and about for coffee and have eaten meringues (minus the cream) but again, afterwards wonder why did I do that? That’s how I’m still hooked on sugar although have cut down a lot, but somehow can’t resist these little white pillows of sweetness. Oh well, keep trying.
    Pleased to report the blue jeans given to me by a friend who grew out of them, are now too big for me! I struggle to keep them up, so they will soon go to the charity shop. Size 14, so size 12 here I come!
    Everyone sounds busy little bees and sticking mostly to the plan. Here’s to loading up LMMT by the end of August. BTW have we got anyone lined up to take over the September challenge? Can I suggest Action Hero? You have really taken to this WOL and we all know you can teach us ladies a thing or two when it comes to the psych bit. What does everyone else think?
    Enjoy what’s left of the weekend everyone. TTL

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 324 total)

You must be logged in to reply.