Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins!

This topic contains 323 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 324 total)

• Orf to my Mum’s .. to weigh myself on the ancient family weighing machine. Have done 2 fast days this week but doesn’t look as if much is happening….now to find out properly. Am not in the best frame of mind… feel as if nothing is making any different. I am not massively overweight, 10 ish stone but am small so makes a different. ALso, it is ALL on my stomach so my waist band is a 14 while the rest of me is NOT. Can’t wear skirts etc as too tight round middle but don’t fit anywhere else. Endless smock dresses. Miss my skinny athleticism. Know this is a problem for other ladies of a certain age.. just didn’t think it would happen to me. Only have to lose about 1/2 stone minimum but can’t shift it. Sigh…sorry to moan.

Don’t despair MsMarple, abdominal fat is well known to be the absolutely most difficult to loose, but sooner or later with this WOL it does shift. Mine has been hanging on to the grim and bitter end, but in the past couple of weeks I have been seeing a big difference as I zero in on my last couple of lbs. I attribute part of it to the fact that I have been doing the 30-day plank challenge (turning more into the 45-60 day challenge for me). I have been stuck for a while at the 90 second mark, but I am planking twice a day and the results are becoming clear to see.

Congratulations Pink!! Wishing you much happiness. This site is definitely contagious in the very best of ways. Welcome Alexandra, it is nice to see another Canadian on the thread, particularly one who is just down the 401 (I’m from Montreal). After a couple of months on this site you will probably find your vocabulary increasing with all sorts of interesting expressions – I am finding myself to be chuffed quite often :-).

After being so tantalizingly close to target, I have been suffering one of my periodic bouts of extreme insomnia this week. Exhaustion leads to eating and I am now back up to 127.5. I tried out Melatonin last night and it definitely seemed to help. I also received my order of zero noodles from Amazon on Friday, so I am well set up to make today a successful fast day. Wish me luck. Fit glad to hear that you are progressing. Be well all and to blatantly steal from a fellow poster on this thread, may the fast be with you.

Good morning all you wonderfull people from all around the world.

Did any of you catch up with the magical win the All Blacks had on Saturday night (NZ Time) when they obliterated our Ozzie mates and set themselves up as firm favorites for the upcoming World Cup of rugby, watch out the Poms, the Scots and the Irish, the AB’s are coming to get yah….. (I feel better now)…

End of another week and a small 0.6kgs or 1.30lbs to add to our Miss Muffin.

There were a lot of temptations in front of me this last weekend, we had a 90th birthday function in the family (wife’s Mum) and had a big family gathering to celebrate for her. I’m happy to be chipping away each week and have reached another mile stone by moving below 85Kgs, the first time for many years, making a total of 8.4kgs or 18.5lbs since 1 July (47 days)

It’s a glorious winters morning here in Wellington NZ today, 14degrees and a clear blue sky, time for a coffee in the sun and a catch up with everyones posts over the weekend, I have been off line all weekend so a lot to read.

A thought for the week maybe to end, one we have all heard before however when we apply it to our new WOL it becomes very significant:

“If we always do what we have always done then we’ll always get what we have always got”

Embrace change into our lives and we’ll reap the benefits of those changes however if we just keep doing the same old stuff then guess what???

Take care everyone and stay strong…. Mike

My vote goes to Action Hero. Great news about the jeans. It is such a great feeling when jeans become loose and you can fit a smaller size. Makes all our effort worthwhile!! Have a good day. Ray

Thanks DJ for your kind words. Missed out on the weigh in as we were all too busy. I don’t actually have scales in my house so can’t weigh myself regularly, only when I remember at my mother’s.

Am preparing for fast day tomorrow by making cauliflower rice, which I heard about somewhere on here I think.It’s great, fills you up in a nicey ricey way but very few calories.

Absolutely LOVE the 30 day challenge thing, it’s right up my street. Want to be toned and muscled, not just thin… at my age don’t want to look too John O Gaunt. Am doing the 30 day LBD challenge…love the range of exercises and the videos showing good form. Would recommend it to anyone on here… 30 days doesn’t seem too long either.

Trying to embrace the change in more ways then one.

Love this forum, makes it sooo much less lonely.. also all suggestions help to challenge limited vision. Was heading down a familiar tunnel in my thinking and now have changed my attitude, thanks to you all….phew! Big love and good luck this week. Ms M

Hi all scales on blink so no lbs to report. Will report later this week or at weekend after another 3/4.
    Have thought of name for next months recipient – Atilla the Ton!
    Have a great connected to your thinking week.

I definitely vote for Action Hero for September’s Challenge, and also for Attila the Ton for our fat storages name.

I had a pretty good fasting weekend, one little slip Saturday afternoon but nothing too critical. I don’t know of I will be able to lose anymore since I am so sedentary now, both at home and work, that I know my BMR has to have bottomed out. We’ll Sep. If I can keep from gaining, I will be ok with that until I am back on both feet again.

Sounds like everyone else is doing pretty good. MsMarple, it will come off the belly eventually. For me, that is the hardest, especially, they say, after you have given birth. That skin is already stretched out like a kangaroos pouch, ready to store whatever fat cells make it in!

Wishing all a good day!

I feel like I’m being ganged up on here, do you all know what you’ll be getting yourselves in to if I set the challenges for those who want to come with me for the month of September??? I’m game if you guys are.

We might try a couple of different things and set up a couple of goals for those who want to extend themselves, no excuses though, no blaming things that might get in the way, it’ll be yours to take ownership of and be accountable and responsible for.

So have a think but lets not get ahead of ourselves, this is still Fit’s month and she is doing great keeping us all focussed on this month’s goals. We are seeing some good lbs being reduced and fattening out Miss Muffin so keep up the grerat work everyone and make August the best month yet, there’s 14 days to go, that could be another 3 or 4 lbs for those who are really serious, so reset your focus and just do it, whatever it takes to throw away the size 14 or 16 and slip into those 12’s, one size down by 31 August, how good would that feel??? And think about the comments from loved ones who wonder who this hot looking person is in their lives… Take care everyone, we are all amazing people…

Hi all. Sorry for the radio silence. I’ve had 2 non fast weeks and gained a kilo. Focussed again now and on my first FD for the week. Having a miso soup (29 Cals) to stave off the hunger pangs before lunch. Am treating this a bit like starting again so have lots of low cal options to stop me slipping when the rest of the team eat all the biscuits in the cupboard next to me! If it wasn’t for this group that could have been the end of my fasting. But this is a way of life so a new Monday a new FD! And planing to lose that pesky kg for this week! Ruthy

Wahh!! Sad. No lost weight this week to report. Sorry! I did not gain so that is good news I guess. I will start this week strong. Here is to 2 lbs for end of week (next Monday). Bittersweet.

Bugger, wrote a long post this morning, hanging in the ether, I suppose.

Anyway, followong AH will be madness, but I’m game -hang onto hour bats, its goibg to be a bumpy ride, and much fun, I’ll bet!!!!

In the interests of 5:2, did some experimenting this last week.

My holiday, which has been a moveable feast since the beginning of July, looks like it may be moving to next summer, finances and son’s op to blame. Hubby and I have been cat and house sitting near Lochgilphead for the past week. Intention was to work all week unless the sun shone. The sun has shone all week – amazing weather for the west of Scotland. Got to the low 20s, a heatwave – relatively speaking!!!

So, I did an experiment, could I drink wine, eats a few biscuits, miss FDs, a couple of second breakfasts and a magnum lolly and not put on weight?

Nope, 3lbs heavier and not home til thursday, sooo looking forward to a fast day, just 2 and a half bottles of wine and a raspberry cheesecake to get through before then – its a blummin’ hard life, but someone has to do it!

Will need to get back on the wagon, and back to my window, but 3lbs is not the end of the world on 5:2. Isn’t that just amazing????

So,

Gym scales today put me at 127, so total damage done is a gain of 1.3 lbs (rather than 1.8 as it was yesterday). I managed the .5 lb loss by sticking to FD yesterday and lot’s of exercise – another one hour barbell workout + 5K run which is leaving me pretty wobbly. The wonderful thing though, is at the beginning of February I couldn’t sustain more than a minute’s running and was lucky if I could lift my shopping bag, let alone dumbbells. Losing 24 lbs really contributes to enabling exercise. Let’s hope that next week allows me to shift those last 2 pesky lbs. to Miss Muffin.

I also vote for AH. I’m kinda hoping I won’t need to participate in the challenge (not because of you AH, because I will have met goal!), if that is the case I will drop in every now and then to cheer from the sidelines. Also love Attila the Ton.

Sooooo disappointing. Just going to have a little moan first. I started the challenge late, so 11 days in I have had 3 fast days – two perfect and one a little over the 500. I haven’t been OTT any other days so this morning when I weighed myself – after going to bed feeling smug and full of excitement for the anticipated great loss I would have this morning – what happens? I stand of the scales and have lost only a measly 500gms.

I know this happens sometimes but it is such a downer when you have tried hard. I guess it will teach me for being so smug?

AH – great weekend wasn’t it? But let’s not get ahead of ourselves for the Ruugby World Cup either….. we’ve been smug and fill of excitement before (uh oh! that sounds familiar).

Have a good week everyone – I’ve finished moaning and am focused on the next few days.

Hi chipmunk:

The average weight loss on 5:2 over time is about one pound a week. Sounds like you are right on track!

Here is some information that may help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Having a much better week so far than last week. It’s early yet of course, but I feel like I can safely come in just under 500 today and I won’t be suffering like last week, when on my first FD I got to 750 and my second FD I got to 650. Motivation is much higher this week for whatever reason!

Probably doing 2 consecutive days this week (today and tomorrow) as that seemed to work great in my first week of the fast, and it gets them over with early on in the week.

I hope everyone is doing alright today! We’re getting closer to the end of the month, but there is still plenty of time to make a difference!

Thanks Simcoeluv. Wow, you certainly have your finger on the forum threads!! Really helpful.
    I am on my second go round on 5:2, having just let things slip over a few months of travel. Am back on track now and this forum is helping.

Hi Ms Marple and Chipmunk. I know exactly how you feel. I am 5ft 1/2inch and was carrying a lot around my middle. Since starting in January I have reduced my waist by 5″ and my weight by over 1stone. It took a while for me to get going but you just have to persevere. You will get there. Look at this time as your body adjusting inside. Don’t give up – it works if you work it.

Thanks Action Hero for being bullied into taking over in September. When you set the goals, just remember some of us are small,, white haired, exercise haters, trying to be skinny, ladies of a certain age! Can’t promise to keep up but will give it a bloody good try (not a rugby try) but a bloody good one!

Love the name Atilla the ton . This thread is getting very creative to say the least. What a pity we are so far apart – wouldn’t it be great if we could all get together?

Fasted today but it was a struggle. No breakfast or lunch, but almost caved in with a bowl of soup at 3pm. However the cafe had run out of the one I fancied, so went without till dinner time . Fantastic day here on the east coast for a change (could this be summer at last?) managed some gardening then went out for a run (in the car) up into the hills and Glens nearby. The mountains are covered with the purple heather and are looking very Bonnie .

Will post tomorrow in the hope I have got back to where I was last week. I don’t like it at all when I can’t post a loss , feel as if I’m letting the team down. Will keep working at it. Good luck everyone for a good loss this week. Half way through the month so need to take myself in hand to reach my target. TTL

Haha TTL, love the caveat.

A quick hello everyone! I just read some Aug posts and wanted to wish you all success for finishing up this month leaner and lovelier.
    Thx for the good thoughts in July [and dark humour — right up my alley!]… I fly to Vancouver tomorrow to get my little belly pooch relocated north…I know, what a cheater;) but it will take a while to look svelte there due to surgery swelling. I ‘m feeling positive and ready. Home in early Sept, so will be ready to start back with an Oct challenge!
    Keep up the great work everyone, and speedy healing fitnfast.
    And nice to see more Canadians! whooeee

Hi all, after a successful fast day yesterday, and shedding all that pms water weight, I’m down 2.5lbs this week, so that’s 2.5 in total this month, 11st5 now and 17.5lbs to date. Only when I am down to 10 stone am I going wedding dress shopping, so that’s the incentive!! Love to all, and speedy recovery fit! Xxx

Good morning, fellow fasters-

Happy to read that all are doing well, either losing, maintaining, or combination of both! At least when we do fall off the wagon, we now know what to do to get back on!

After my fast food foray late last week, and 2 full fasting days, I dropped the 2 lbs I had regained, and am continuing on for the remainder of the week. I am currently at 148.8, so if I get to 145 by the end of the month, I will be satisfied with that. But boy, are these last 20 hard to lose! But I also now know that I don’t have to kill myself exercising to make it disappear.

It seems that my standard fare of pickles, deviled eggs and tuna salad are key to losing for me. As soon as I run out of any of those and eat something else, it seems I gain. Pretty boring menu but whatever works, right?!

I will tally up our total come Saturday, excited to see where we are!

So glad you have taken over September for us, AH. It will be a butt-busting month, I’ll bet!

Eeeeeek! Not only have I not lost – I have gained 3/4lb. on top of the increase last week of 1lb. things are not looking too hot for me! Don’t quite understand how this has increased so much – yes I did eat a lot of calorific stuff last week, but thought I had tracked my intake well so it would disappear again. Alas, not so. The jeans are still falling down and a few people have said how well I look, so I guess this is just a big blip!
    It has been so long now since I have increased that I had forgotten how mind crashingly unacceptable it is! I’m now waiting on Thursday coming around so I can fast again. If that doesn’t work I feel a third fast day coming on this week. I hate this feeling, but know what to do about it now. SO JUST DO IT!!!
    Back to Aquafit and Pilates this week after holiday break, so I guess this has not helped either. Come to think of it I haven’t been rebounding either. How the hell can I forget to do that when I fall over the bloody trampoline every day???!! OK enough beating up on myself, time to get totally back on track with all you lovelies.
    Great to hear from you again Pheobe – the very best of luck for a speedy recovery after your op. great that your pooch can relocate north without even walking on your hands! LOL
    Fit – well that’s another few days gone towards your recovery. You will soon be back up on your feet again, putting us all to shame with all your exercising! I know how you feel trying to get rid of those last few stubborn pounds. It is frustrating, but again, I guess patience is the key, and keep doing what we are doing with 5:2. great work everyone and hope to join you again with reductions by the end of the week. TTL

Hello!!!!

We got back from California late Friday and took all weekend to recover. I was disappointed to have gained weight because we walked/hiked all the time and the hills in San Fran are killer!!! The good news is that I almost got back to where I was before the trip after my fast day yesterday, so I’m still hopeful I’ll meet my goal of 2.5. If not, I should at least lose something….I’m vowing to stay focused until the end of the month. If I can get my bmi below 27, that will be huge.

Glad everyone is hanging tough. It’s good to read about ups and downs. I know I often have a delayed effect or water weight or temporary exercise gain or some other stumbling block to overcome….

I think I’ll try the 30 day plank challenge!!

carolinacatz, I think gain is normal after traveling – many times is water retention, swelling from being seated in car or plane. It happen to me going to and coming from PR. At least you kept active! I would love to go hiking!!! (To dream…) Good luck everyone! I had an iffy week last week but I realized yesterday I was focusing on the wrong things instead of keeping motivated thinking about health and long life benefits.

Hello,
    Lovely to read everyone’s news.
    I am a day late posting as I have been away on a mini holiday in busy London with my family.
    I did weigh myself last night and had put on one pound only which I think is due to me not having many carbs and walking all over the place. Loads of lovely Aussies and Kiwis everywhere, they are a chirpy bunch. So although I had put on it was not excessive. There is a trend in fabulous sourdough bread which was difficult to decline ?
    We enjoyed the rugby by the way….we won ?. And we are booked to see the All Blacks play Tonga in October, will shout for you AH.
    My head has lost the motivation so I need to talk to myself. I have an exercise bike which is gathering dust and I am going to try that each day this week. I have three weeks to my trade show and I want to feel better in my clothes by then but have one more weekend of being sociable before then. That is the tough bit for me. X

Congrats pink on your engagement. Wedding dress shopping will be a great motivator for you. Only a small loss on Monday 0.6kgs but when I took my measurements I was really happy. Fit fast I hope you’re recovering well. I had foot surgery 3 years ago and have never looked back. I love walking and not being in pain. Celebrated a bit much on the weekend with the ABs win so not a big loss. I’d better get a move on as we’re half way through August. Have a great week everyone and keep up those encouraging comments!

Hi everyone just a small loss to report .2kg but at least it is in the right direction. Heading to Limerick on Thursday to watch my son play 7’s rugby but plan to change my FD to Wednesday so I can have food freedom while away for a few days. It’s is nice to know people across the world are in the same boat with the same struggles, with the same problems but with the same goal. Makes you feel like you are not alone!

Yes, that ABs win was well worth celebrating Slim2be! Shame about the netball – my heart broke for those girls as they played their collective guts out. (For those of you who don’t follow netball, the Silver Ferns lost the Netball World Cup final to our arch rivals – in all sports – Australia). Four more years….

Fast day for me today as I mentally prepare for a week away – heading to Melbourne on Sunday for a few days to go to the “David Bowie is” exhibition. Such a great city and so handy for us across the Tasman, and of course, so many fabulous restaurants! Have already booked a couple on my list. Prior to that a few days in Wellington which, handily, has a restaurant festival running for a couple of weeks. How we are meant to get/stay slim when there is so much wonderful food about I don’t know!
    Action Hero, I will go back to your earlier post and FOCUS on today, then the next day etc.

Fit I will report my loss so far this month (ever the optimist) tomorrow and everyone stand by for me not gaining by the time I get back from Melboune next week.

Hi everybody! I just joined and I’m so impressed after reading your posts. I can’t wait to join in the September challenge.
    I’ve only had two fast days yet but I’ve lost 1.5 kgs. This thing really works! Are there any swimmers out there? I’d love some ideas for a swim-based work out.
    It’s great to have all this back up.

Hi everyone, great to read everyones posts and everything that is happening in so many people’s lives. We are certainly a diverse group of dedicated people with a lot of well formed goals.

Every post I read where someone had tripped up for whatever reason was firmly in control and resolute in their next actions to recover the result, even someone prepared to do a 3 day fast week rather than the normal 2, now that is really taking ownership of the challenge, well done.

TTL, I’m getting worried about you when you wrote: “remember some of us are small,, white haired, exercise haters, trying to be skinny, ladies of a certain age…..” Sorry luv, that just does not cut it I’m afraid, excuses, excuses, excuses and we haven’t even started September yet LOL. I’ll be watching you very closely me thinks !!!!

Looking forward to seeing Fit’s results chart for the month on Saturday, this’ll give us all a nudge for the last few days to load up the pounds onto Miss Muffin for the months end. Together we can all do great things.

Cheers, Mike

Could somebody tell me what a ‘plank challenge’ is please?

Hi silversue – I have two versions of plank that I know of. Both are great ab and upper body workouts.

Through yoga – you are at the top of a full push up position – arms straight, hands under shoulders, back straight (no sagging!) legs straight, and as my yoga instructor would say “head on a column neck” that is, don’t crick your neck, keep it on a line with your (straight) spine.

At the gym – same as above but you are balanced with your elbows under your shoulders with your forearms flat on the floor in front of you.

I am sure someone else will tell me if there is another meaning. The challenge is likely to be how long you can hold the pose with good form.

Here we are Silversue, have a look at this

http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-plank-challenge/

It looks easy however when you get up to the longer length of time you feel the muscles starting to burn, it’s good for the tummy flab and strengthens up the abs. Let us know how successful you are with it…..

Thanks to you both. It sounds easy but I bet it’s not! I’ll have go later on. Just got back from a 5,000 stepper so I’m crashed out on the sofa with a book right now.

It’s a FD today so good for reading.

I have just finished watching the BBC documentary on which diet is right for you – it was fascinating!
    While there are some genetic and psychological differences that influence how different tips work for different people, some takeaways (no, not those takeaways!) are

– As you lose weight your metabolism slows because you are not hauling so much weight around, therefore your calorie intake needs to reduce as you get slimmer

– As you lose fat, the amount of a hormone, leptin, that tells the brain how much fat we have, reduces and tells the brain our fat stores are down. The brain doesn’t like that so it tries to hold on to the fat store – hence plateaus.

-A gut hormone (can’t remember the name, something like GOP-1) is secreted while you eat to tell you you’re getting full – the slower you eat the more it releases and the more likely you are to feel full.

For more information and/or if you haven’t seen the show go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Well, Chipmunk, that explains everything! Thank you!

I fasted three days last week because I knew I was going to be on a mini-holiday for four days and might not stick to my TDEE. Which I did not. They have the best ice-cream cones in the world in Huntsville at a little stand on main street and twice I indulged in that, but one scoop only. I had an apple strudel one night as part of a three-course dinner. But mainly I ate reasonably. During the days we were active — cycling for two hours one day, canoeing for three hours another day, swimming every day,, and always walking instead of driving. Yesterday, on our drive home day, I fasted. And guess what? I gained two pounds. 🙁

But that is life. Onwards. I’m going to assume that it’s all explainable by those points Chipmunk has listed. I’m still down twenty pounds all told and I’m still a 5:2 devotee. Today is a new day for me, and my grandson’s fourth birthday! I am so glad that my children and all of my grandchildren are a normal weight and eat normally. It will make their lives so much easier in future.

Have a great day everyone. I’ll be back on Friday for the week’s official weigh-in.

P.S. My son’s in Scotland this week doing some taping for the TV show he co-hosts here in Canada: I feel a bit closer to some of you as a result! I look forward to the day when I will see Scotland, too.

Hi Maryw, you have my deepest empathy! I was so disappointed earlier this week when I weighed in and had only lost 500gms so fasted again yesterday and weighed in this morning with great anticipation – zero, zip, nada, nothing – stayed the same. Like you I am off on a break for almost a week and will need to be strong to stay on TDEE. I won’t even try and fit in a fast day, though I am aiming for one tomorrow again before we leave.

I can hear AH shouting no excuses!! at me from here and he’s right. I will be responsible for my food intake and focus on each day as it comes.

I’m deeply hurt Chipmunk….. who me ???? SHOUT !!!!! LOL….

Blame and Excuses are personality traits that if one is comfortable with then that’s OK, we all have to live with ourselves.

However Change takes Courage and we are all Courgeous People on this Forum, aren’t we everyone???

Take care everyone, remember we are all amazing & courageous people Cheers, Mike

Another 1 lb off for Miss MT, that’s 3 in total (scales hovered tantalisingly at ANOTHER pound off this am before coming to rest – I call that prophecy…BMI sitting at 30.5 – if I could get it to 30 in the next couple of weeks I’ll be thrilled. Little Miss, hope you’re ready to waddle off with the Crisco Kid and Lardy Lad. The very stuff of nightmares seeing that lot tottering off together (but never to return).
    Glad you’re getting cued up AH! Each month whoever’s in charge of the thread makes it their own and brings inspiration and comfort to the rest of us – you are doing a great job Fit!
    AH I’m not sure about being courageous but I certainly do amaze myself…on an almost daily basis…
    Kate x

I’m hoping that this fast day will bring the scales back down to where I was before the infamous bar b q! It took one night of out and out eating and drinking, and here I am one week on, still trying to unload the pounds grind. Ggrrrrr…. Was it worth it , at the time yes! Just seeing old friends again and not thinking calories was good. Now, not so good.. Feel as if I’ve undone all my hard work!
    Kept well below my TDEE yesterday and 1/2 lb gone, so should do it today.
    Well, Us Ladies know where we stand with you Action. I can see the whip in the hand already. Lol. September is going to be an interesting month. You sure you can keep us all in order?
    Well done Kate – your BMI will soon be in a better place.
    So much information here, great to know not only how the body works, but why we are doing it.
    Off to Pilates this morning, I have a feeling I’m going to hurt in all sorts of places after a three week break.
    Have a great day everyone. TTL

Argh fast day.

So, started off so well, natural yog and black tea…. then….for no reason whatsoever… wasn’t hungry, didn’t fancy it..as I walked past the banana and walnut bread I made for friends yesterday..( Jamie Oliver.. tho I don’t always like him, this recipe is fab) I cut myself off a massive slice, covered it in butter and ate it in approx 30 seconds. It was as if I got taken over by a cake eating maniac who operated thru my body in order to access cake. So.. nothing else to eat today…or do I just accept it is ruined and eat more cake?…. a generous sized 3 slices remain….. Let them eat cake?

Noooooo…… Don’t do it Ms Marple. Just have a bowl of soup for dinner and salvage what you can of the day. You see, you can have your cake and eat it – but nothing else!!!

MsMarple, what were you thinking…. what about all the hard work you have already put into your 30 day challenge, what was it, the LBD Challenge? I just Googled that and saw how much hard work it means and if you are a few days into that then how much will you go backwards after your binge?

Anyway, don’t beat yourself up too much if the deed has been done, get over it and reset the focus, reset the Pleasure Target of achieving your goals again, think about the Pain of going backwards, make the Pleasure greater than the Pain so it doesn’t happen again then just do it. You are very brave confiding in us all, hope it made you feel better and stay strong, we are all amazing people….

Hi,
    Ms Marple you are like me, I do that but it is usually when I have not eaten very much and am rather hungry really. I also have a waist issue that is really my major problem.
    I do carry you all around with me and it does help the challenge, thank you!
    I have one problem. I do find that I am better if I eat only in the evenings as it stops the munchies. But, I have been experiencing stomach cramps like never before. Anyone else? If yes what to do?
    I could have some breakfast but just know this will kick off hunger and I will be left with little to eat in the evening and may be in bed for 8.30 to hide from the fridge. Maybe more water is needed?
    J

Miss Marple, I hope you have stepped away from the cake by now and patted yourself on the back.

A bit further up this page I wrote about the BBC doco and what you are going through – wanting to finish the cake – is one of the things they covered. They did an experiment that showed when we think we’ve broken our diet we are more likely to consume more calories that day. So you are not alone. Do try and watch the doco or see on line. Google the right diet for you and it will come up with the BBC Horizon link. Now get back on the horse!! Or in our case programme.

I am on an extra fast day today having had a tough time shifting kegs to Miss Muffin Top, so if it’s any consolation you post made me more determined to have a good fast day.

Phew… So pleased to be able to report a loss this week of 2lbs. That’s all I gained plus a bit extra. Now down to 9st 8 3/4 lbs, well on the way to my August target of 9 1/2 St. You would have been proud of me yesterday Action, called in for a cuppa at a tearoom, the cakes were wonderful , even checked if they had gluten free! Then thought of Ms Marple and Actions reaction to it. Thought he perhaps couldn’t handle two cake eaters in one week, so said a definite NO, thought about the size 12 I’m almost in and the pleasure of getting there over rode the pain of the going backwards. IT WORKS! Thank you Action.
    How did you get on Ms Marple ? Did you go for more or get back on the wagon?
    Back to Aquafit and Pilates this week, boy do my muscles ache. But I feel as if I’m walking tall again so something is working.
    Checked the online NHS guideline for weight and BMI this week. Staggered to find they suggest for my height I should weigh between 6st 5lbs and 9st 7lbs. I’m still considered overweight at today’s weight. 6 or even 7 St something I will never be as I would look positively ill. Kind of knocked me back for a bit as I didn’t think I had that much to lose. Then I thought, with this WOL I can be whatever weight I am comfortable with. If I lose something on a weekly basis, and get to where I want to be, then just change to 6:1. Easy peasy. Thank you Dr M for coming up with this WOE. You have certainly made my life a lot better, and these lovely people on this thread, keep things in perspective and manageable, plus a lot of laughs along the way. Have a great day everyone, am away to polish my halo….,! Lol. TTL

Extremely happy to be donating one and a half pounds to LMMT this week. This means I have met my August minimum pledge which I am delighted about. Next week my main aim is to maintain this as I have friends staying with us through the week, and I know it just wont be possible to fast as they are expecting seaside hospitality of seafood, bbqs and the odd glass (bottle) or two 😉 But I am going to try my best to lose a little more. This WOL is just amazing, I have now dropped below 12 stone – having lost 11 pounds in total since starting on the 23rd July. And this is with still entertaining at the weekends, enjoying a glass or two of my favourite Prosecco in the evening sitting on our bench on the beach. Is it true? Can I keep on keeping losing? I would love to hear from some long termers who are near their ideal weight what their initial weight was for inspiration. I have frequently managed to get to this weight before, but it’s the next drop that I think will prove difficult (I am now 50 and it is so much harder to lose weight). As for determination and commitment – I have it! I am loving the fact that we can always eat or drink it tomorrow – my appetite has already shrunk so much and food tastes just wonderful. I actually (in a weird way) enjoy fast days – they just help me reboot my attitude to food and my need to eat it – I find I am craving bad foods less, and have certainly cut down my alcohol dramatically which has to be a good thing. Good luck to the rest of the crew who haven’t weighed in yet this week, and well done to everyone on this thread whether they have had a good week or not, I still feel we are all committed to giving it our best as we know it works! Enjoy the weekend – we live on the South Coast (UK) and actually have some sunshine for the first time in what feels like ages. Sadly there are reports that we are going to be experiencing a weather front called a Spanish Plume, which is going to bring high winds, torrential rain, flash flooding, thunder storms and the potential for tornados – I shall be on waterspout watch from now on and will report any sightings!

Well done lifesabeach! I’m really inspired by your success. Like you, I’m wondering about whether I will be able to get down to my goal wait and keep losing while being able to enjoy eating and drinking on my NF days. I am not eating as much as I used to on my NF days because I don’t feel hungry- which is great. Have a wonderful week with your friends, you’ve earn’t it. Good luck to everyone else over the weekend. My husband’s away so I should be fine sticking to my plan- no surprise meals out!

Reporting in for the week, Sat afternoon here in NZ and another week under our belts (which I must say my belt is getting tighter, that is it has gone in 2 nothes since 1 July) so I can actually see results now.

Sad to report I don’t have any lbs to contribute this week to MMT, this is the first week since 1 July that I’m the same weight as I was 6 days ago. There is a positive to this of course, it’s not higher than last week and the week hasn’t exactly been a “normal Fasting Week” for me. I managed to do 2 good Fasting days and ate reasonably controlled on the other 5 so maintaining is good. There were about 3 glasses of wine amongst those normal days (Sorry melina, couldn’t resist the beautiful smooth Aussie red wine offered to me at one function)so Life is good at the moment.

I’m reading quite a few reports on here about reaching a “plateau” and the body making adjustments to the WOL of fasting, maybe this is my example, so I’m looking forward to the next 9 days and measuring my results again. I might try my alternative day fasts between now and the 31st which could see 5 fast days over the next 9, that should shift some more flab I’m sure.

Take care everyone and keep reporting those great results.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 324 total)

You must be logged in to reply.