Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins!

This topic contains 323 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 301 through 324 (of 324 total)

• Managed to do Monday, Thursday and Saturday fasts last week, plus fasting today, so will plug in tomorrow morning with hopefully a loss. My three fasts didn’t do the trick, and only managed to drop 1/4lb last week, so am taking today to the limit!
    Went for a trip around the loop of blairgowrie , Braemar, balmoral, Aboyne, Ballater then back home via Stonehaven. Beautiful day punctuated by downpours , but the mountains were covered in purple blooming heather. Wonderful sight, Scotland at its best! Tuna salad later and we are in the middle of a dark thunderstorm. Do hope the weather is more settled in September. We need something nice before the winter moves in.

Will check in in the morning with weigh in and measurements. fingers crossed xxx

2 pounds for Miss MuffinTop.

Yay! 4.4lbs for Miss Muffin top.

I can donate 1kg (2.2lb) to Miss Muffin Top – not too disheartened as I only started a week into the month and had lots of distractions (excuses).

Am on board for September!

Hi everyone, the romours aren’t true, I’m still alive and kicking, sorry for not being on here for a few days, too much golf and work is also getting in the way some days LOL

My last contribution to MMT is 1.75lbs for last week so reasonably happy with this given the month of August has been quite full of Social and family clelbraction events all involving eating, drinking and unscheduled meal times however with a little bit of careful planning managed to get in suffiocient fast days to keep the scales ticking over.

Regarding the September Whip Cracking Challenge I’ll set the Forum up this morning so it’s available for everyone to log onto and we’ll get cracking with some brave goals and get our list happening. Til next time stay strong and focussed and we’ll make September our best month yet so it sets us all up for the 3 lead in months to Christmas. It’s the first day of Spring down here in the South so looking forward to days getting longer and temps warming up. Take care everyone and stay strong on your journey to Skinny

Rumours, no romours
    Celebration not clelbration (we need a spell check on this Forum LOL)

Weigh in tomorrow and will post results but have lost 6 cm from my waist so although I hope I make the 2 kg I pledged, if I don’t have a loss of at least .4 kg tomorrow all is not lost. For September I would like to donate 2.5 kg but can’t remember who we are donating to! Here is a quote which may help someone in the month ahead. “I am not a product of my circumstances, I am a product of my decisions”
    Good planning everyone!

Actually realised I need a loss of .8 tomorrow due to my slight gain last week to make my August goal! Fingers crossed.

Hi everyone again

Here’s the link to the September Forum for everyone who wants to keep up the Challenge. We need a new name for our Mascot of the Month, I’m open to suggestions

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-september-challenge-lets-crack-the-whip-this-month/

I’ll start our list as people indicate their interest to be with the group.

Cheers

Mike

Hi All you Little Voices! I’ve been absent for a couple of weeks, mainly due to social events (all calorie laden) but also due to the fact I didn’t want to add my negativity to everyone’s positivity! August for me has been pretty much like July – up a pound in week one, down a pound in week two. Unfortunately my up in week three was followed by another up in week four so am ashamed to say my result for Miss Muffin Top is a GAIN of 2 pounds!! Now that summer with all its social whirls is over (although here in Scotland our capricious weather has decided to turn summery!) I am determined to get seriously back on track in September – and will take any cyber smacks AH wishes to throw my way! Thanks Fit for leading us this month – your wit in the face of your incapacities has been inspirational.

Taken me ages to catch up on the last two weeks posts and regret I haven’t read regularly as would have loved to have responded to many.

AH I see you have set up the September Let’s Crack the Whip Challenge already (it’s still August 31 here in the UK) so I shall be logging in tomorrow after my weigh-in. Decided to change my official weigh-in day from Monday to Tuesday, day after fast day, as I think that will give me a truer result (sick and tired of seeing the weight climb in the four days post-second fast day).

Hi folks, well my total for August is 3 pounds to donate. Not my best month but happy I didn’t gain with all the camping. Really looking forward to a focus on myself this September as my kids are both off to school. First time in 6 years with no kids. Gulp. I am sad to see my little ones leave the nest. There was snow today so it is easy to go to the gym and stay away from the beach, boat and camping. Great job everyone. Hope to read your words of encouragement this September.

Hello you fab, fit people. Had a great weekend away in Auckland so didn’t quite reach my goal this month. Have a total loss of 2.3kgs for the month of August and am ready to lose at least 3 kgs in September. I feel like I know what I’m doing now and the advice I’m getting from this forum in great. Let’s go September!

Total loss of 4lbs for me…last week went waaaay bad! September is here, time to get into gear…Kx

Kate Eve: I think 4lbs in a month is fantastic. I lost about that much and I was delighted. If I could do that every month I’d be over the moon!

Well done everyone who has ditched the pounds during August, there are some impressive weight reductions here. It seems to have been a difficult one with all the entertaining/holidays etc, me included, so here’s hoping September will bring better results for us all, and I’m sure Mr Whip cracking Action Hero will be leading us on.

Results for me are a little disappointing. Didn’t reach my goal weight, and after trying really hard for the last week, still only managed to shed another 1/2lb. Seem to be slowing right down at the moment, and as said before, will rethink what I’m doing in the hope it wont be so difficult. I want to avoid the plateau like the plague.

So: from end of July to now:
    Started at 9st 10.3/4lb Finished at 9st 8.1/4 – total loss 2 1/2 lbs. for the little fat Miss Muffin Top. Out the door after Lardy Lad! Was hoping for 3 3/4, but hey, I’ll take it.

Have lost in measurements:
    1″ off my hips
    1/2″ off my thighs
    1″ off my calves

So things are happening albeit very slowly. Must be because I’m getting close to target.

For September my goal is to get down to 9st 5lbs, that’s a small loss of 3.1/4lbs (Don’t want to get stressed about this)
    I have a very ‘posh’ birthday party to go to in October, and my nice goal is to buy a new dress SIZE 12!!! I feel on the cusp at the moment, and should be able to do it, with the help of all you Little Voices!

Thanks FitnFast for your leadership during August – despite your foot problems you have kept us inspired. So are you ready Action: over to you.
    Read earlier ‘Attila the ton’ might be a good name for Septembers little bisom. Anyone else got any ideas?

OK September, here we are, lets all go for it with determination and enthusiasm! TTL

Congrats to all, considering that August is usually the height of the summer social whirlwind, I think we have all done well. Even those who gained, didn’t gain much, so holding close to steady in spite of all the socializing is a pretty big accomplishment in my eyes.

Thank you to our fearless leader FitnFast, you encouragement and positivity is so appreciated.

I am happily donating a total of 4.7 lbs to Miss Muffin Top for August. I am now at goal, but am delighted that there is a 30 day plank challenge for September. I will join in that – with all my foot issues for the past while, I had completed stopped the previous challenge I was working on.

I only have one pound for Muffin Top, but I’m glad to have anything!!!!

Thanks FnF for your masterful leadership of the August challenge. I have three pounds to contribute to MMT, and am looking forward to September.

Yeah!loss of 1.3 kg which is a total loss of – drum roll – 2.5 kg for August. Sooo pleased and I know the start of the journey is maybe the easier part but so pleased I not only got my goal of 2 kg but did slightly better. See you on the next page of our journey.

Hi there
    I have been missing due to illness plus two mini breaks. As has already been said August is a sociable month, I will say no more.
    I have only 1 and a half pounds to donate but I should be pleased with that. I didn’t put on when going away by keeping off the carbs and lots of walking. I had wished to lose more but I didn’t take control.
    So September……I have a trade show at the Nec for four days, dreadful food there so no temptation. But I need breakfast as it is a long tiring day then we have to eat out.
    After that I am going to crack on! And try to do the plank challenge. Gave it a quick go, isn’t 20 seconds a long time when your body feels like jelly?
    Well done to the losers in August and good luck. X

I’m ashamed to admit 3lb gain this month. Haven’t been focused and exercise has slipped.

One kid back at school today 🙁 sad for holidays to come to an end but the routine will help me ‘get my slim on’.

Thanks fitnfast for leading August. You are still getting good losses even post op so that is of comfort after my August binge!

After being on holiday for 2 weeks without the evil eye of my scales I have to admit to an increase of 2 lbs. I am disgusted with myself for not having the strength to just say NO. So sorry everyone not to be able to donate some lbs for Miss Muffin Top, but hey it is a new month with DH cracking the whip, so here’s to an excellent month for everyone. I want to be 125 by 1 Ocober and I will do my upmost to reach my goal.. Ray.

After being a very good girl for two weeks I completely busted it today. Let’s just say it involved home-made fried chicken for dinner and leave it at that.
    It was supposed to be just for the other members of the family. How did it get on my plate??

Also forgot to plank yesterday. I’m going to blame a late-night TV series.
    Plank challengers, is there a good time to plank? Does the time of day matter?

Sigh.

Great explanation,, TTL. I find I am always having to defend my stance on low carbs.
    Pink dont worry about seeming judgy. I didnt take offence. I just know what works for me. I am overweight because for years I ate wholemeal toast for breakfast, wholemeal sandwiches for lunch, and then, of course, home baking and lots of other carbs. However, those days sre over.

I think we all have to do what works for us. Unfortunately, it took me a long time to discover what works for me!!!

happy wheels
    https://happywhels.net/

Viewing 24 posts - 301 through 324 (of 324 total)

You must be logged in to reply.